The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015-January 2019 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/the-duchess-of-cambridge-current-events-5-february-2015-january-2019-a-38075.html)

JessRulz 01-31-2015 09:00 PM

The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015-January 2019

https://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0c2e1a5e.png
Arms of HRH The Duchess of Cambridge

Welcome to The Duchess of Cambridge's
Current Events, Part 5

Commencing February 1, 2015

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

JessRulz 02-04-2015 06:56 AM

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal · 3m 3 minutes ago
The Duchess of Cambridge will visit @actnforchildren in #Smethwick on 18 Feb to see how they provide early support for vulnerable families

Dman 02-04-2015 11:46 AM

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 5h 5 hours ago
On 18th February The Duchess of Cambridge will visit Staffordshire and the West Midlands, including a visit to the Emma Bridgewater factory.

roseroyal 02-04-2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessRulz (Post 1747004)
Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal · 3m 3 minutes ago
The Duchess of Cambridge will visit @actnforchildren in #Smethwick on 18 Feb to see how they provide early support for vulnerable families

Great! I'll be here! Never can get enough of Catherine and children! I'll stock up on tissue!;)

cepe 02-04-2015 03:30 PM

More details of the visit - via Majesty Magazines Facebookpage.

The Duchess of Cambridge will visit Action for Children’s Cape Hill Children’s Centre, Smethwick.
Her Royal Highness will get an introduction to the charity and its work in providing early support for vulnerable families across the UK from staff and volunteers. The Duchess of Cambridge will then attend a private roundtable discussion with families who have accessed Action for Children services including the organisation's Sandwell Family Partners programme, which is based at the children’s centre. Her Royal Highness will then watch a play session and meet the children and parents who use Cape Hill Children’s Centre.

Background:
Action for Children is a national charity that supports and speaks out for the most vulnerable and neglected children and young people. It works with more than 300,000 children, young people, parents and carers each year at 650 services based in the heart of communities across the UK. It was founded in 1869 by Methodist minister, Reverend Thomas Bowman Stephenson.

The charity runs Cape Hill Children’s Centre in Smethwick on behalf of Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council. Cape Hill is one of seven children’s centres run by the charity in Sandwell. Action for Children operates more than 200 children’s centres across England.

As the 12th most deprived local authority in England, Sandwell has large numbers of vulnerable children and high levels of neglect, mental health issues, abuse and dysfunctional family units.
Through centres, satellite community venues and mobile outreach the charity delivers a range of programmes that support over 8,000 local children and their families. These programmes include child and family health services, antenatal support, speech and language therapy, family learning and childcare, adult education and employment advice as well as support for children and parents with special needs and mental health issues or families who have experienced or witnessed domestic abuse.

Cape Hill Children’s Centre also houses Action for Children's Sandwell Family Partners, a major intensive early support programme for families with children at risk of neglect.

hernameispekka 02-04-2015 03:42 PM

It really feels like she's shopping around for new patronages. They all seem so up her alley! :)

roseroyal 02-04-2015 03:58 PM

Couldn't agree more! So up her alley! Wonderful! So going to need tissue!

Jacknch 02-04-2015 04:09 PM

Catherine is definitely going down the route of helping vulnerable and deprived children and their families and this is an excellent and well worth cause to get involved in. I am very happy for her to shop around or seek out some new and interesting patronages where she will feel her involvement will benefit the most.
I am looking forward to these visits.

hernameispekka 02-04-2015 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacknch (Post 1747220)
Catherine is definitely going down the route of helping vulnerable and deprived children and their families and this is an excellent and well worth cause to get involved in. I am very happy for her to shop around or seek out some new and interesting patronages where she will feel her involvement will benefit the most.
I am looking forward to these visits.

I agree. First of all, she is SOOOOO good with children. And it's also such a worthy cause. So many adult troubles would diminish if the children problems are taken care of the right way! I am looking forward to it as well!

JessRulz 02-14-2015 09:46 PM

Posts about the Portsmouth visit have been moved to Kate's Charities and Patronages thread, because the visit was for the 1851 Trust.

dazzling 02-21-2015 05:02 AM

Is there any news when will Kate's next event be, will she have one more event before she takes leave?

Hendrik-Jan77 02-21-2015 07:28 AM

I expect we will see her a couple of times in public before Catherine takes maternity leave.
I think one of her last public performances will be on St. Patrick's Day on March 17th.
But I would still love to see her and William on Easter Sunday, April 5th, at Windsor with other members of the Royal Family. That would be 3 or 4 weeks before her due date.
I don't think that will happen, but one can hope...:flowers:

hernameispekka 02-21-2015 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hendrik-Jan77 (Post 1752301)
I expect we will see her a couple of times in public before Catherine takes maternity leave.
I think one of her last public performances will be on St. Patrick's Day on March 17th.
But I would still love to see her and William on Easter Sunday, April 5th, at Windsor with other members of the Royal Family. That would be 3 or 4 weeks before her due date.
I don't think that will happen, but one can hope...:flowers:

I think it depends on when she is due. If she is due early April, I don't think she will do the St. Patrick's engagement. It would be too close to her due date. Especially since kids can come any time those 2 weeks before. She wouldn't want to risk going into labour, and even if she doesn't go into labor she will probably have braxton hicks contractions (fake cotractions) and many other things. So if she is almost due, I don't think she will be there. But if she is due late April I think it is a possibility.

I really doubt they would go to the easter engagement. Especially since they haven't gone before, they won't start this year. Just as I don't think they will choose this year to start going to ascot.

Hendrik-Jan77 02-21-2015 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hernameispekka (Post 1752303)
I think it depends on when she is due. If she is due early April, I don't think she will do the St. Patrick's engagement. It would be too close to her due date. Especially since kids can come any time those 2 weeks before. She wouldn't want to risk going into labour, and even if she doesn't go into labor she will probably have braxton hicks contractions (fake cotractions) and many other things. So if she is almost due, I don't think she will be there. But if she is due late April I think it is a possibility.

I really doubt they would go to the easter engagement. Especially since they haven't gone before, they won't start this year. Just as I don't think they will choose this year to start going to ascot.

Do you think she will be at Trooping the Colour this year? I certainly hope so.

hernameispekka 02-21-2015 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hendrik-Jan77 (Post 1752307)
Do you think she will be at Trooping the Colour this year? I certainly hope so.

I kind of think so. It's mid june, right? Meaning it will be 2-2½ months since the birth. I think maybe she will do trooping but not garter? Or maybe both. But unless there are complications, I think she will do Trooping. What do you think? :)

MichelleQ2 02-22-2015 03:54 AM

I think Kate will be at the Trooping and.... I hope George makes his first balcony appearance at the trooping this year.

Skippyboo 02-22-2015 04:03 AM

Trooping is Sat. June 13 with Garter Day on the Monday afterwards. So if the baby comes towards the end of April, it would be around 6 to 7 weeks afterwards. I think both events are do able pending no complications from the delivery since Kate isn't an active participant in both ceremonies.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Marty91charmed 02-22-2015 07:35 AM

I think she may attend those events. They will maybe be her first official engagement while still on maternity leave.

hernameispekka 02-22-2015 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty91charmed (Post 1752725)
I think she may attend those events. They will maybe be her first official engagement while still on maternity leave.

This will be my guess.

sophie25 02-22-2015 07:54 AM

If the baby is only 6 or 7 weeks old and Kate is breastfeeding then I don't think she will attend TTC or the Garter. I think we will see very little of her during the summer season in general.

hernameispekka 02-22-2015 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angela (Post 1752731)
If the baby is only 6 or 7 weeks old and Kate is breastfeeding then I don't think she will attend TTC or the Garter. I think we will see very little of her during the summer season in general.

I think she will turn up. They have the baby with probably to trooping, but it stays inside. George was about a month when she did her first engagement (spontaneous, low key) and about 1½ months when she went to a red carpet event (Tusk gala). So I don't find it too strange if she shows up at trooping.

Also, Diana was present at state openings and trooping close after birth. I think that they won't plan usual engagements but if your health is up to par your are expected to be at family/big occations. I could see her just doing trooping and not garter, like when she was pregnant with George.

crm2317 02-22-2015 08:01 AM

I think if she attends the trooping it may only be for the balcony appearance. I don't know how comfortable one of those carriages would be so soon after giving birth.

hernameispekka 02-22-2015 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crm2317 (Post 1752735)
I think if she attends the trooping it may only be for the balcony appearance. I don't know how comfortable one of those carriages would be so soon after giving birth.

Haha, good point. That may be possible, depending on how things have "settled" for her.

Dman 02-22-2015 08:11 AM

I think she will be at the Trooping and possible Garter ceremony.

hernameispekka 02-25-2015 08:25 AM

On Wednesday 11 March The Duchess of Cambridge will visit @resortstudios - a vibrant arts organisation based in Cliftonville #Margate.

Marty91charmed 03-02-2015 08:34 AM

I wonder if this one can be considered an official engagement:whistling:

What Would Kate Do ‏@WWKD_Official 5 min5 minuti fa
The Duchess of Cambridge visited @TheGoring Hotel today. The hotel unveiled their newly refurbished design

ColdstreamGuardsBand ‏@ColdstreamBand 51 min51 minuti fa

Formed up at @TheGoring hotel for the arrival of HRH The Duchess of Cambridge #royalty #armylife #london

Rudolph 03-02-2015 08:38 AM

Its the Goring's 105th birthday today. Long association with the BRF

cepe 03-02-2015 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty91charmed (Post 1754790)

The Duchess of Cambridge visited @TheGoring Hotel today. The hotel unveiled their newly refurbished design

Formed up at @TheGoring hotel for the arrival of HRH The Duchess of Cambridge #royalty #armylife #london

This tweet appears to have been deleted.

Further tweets appearing confirming visit!

AdmirerUS 03-02-2015 10:16 AM

Quote:

Well, certainly it was official for the Coldstream Guards. :lol: And don't they look great.

Marika86 03-02-2015 10:22 AM

The Duchess leaving The Goring Hotel today.

Lucy Bonner ‏@_LucyBonner Kate Middleton���� https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_GXUz2WsAAVtQi.jpg ** https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_GXUwHW8AAktTo.jpg ** https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_GXUx2WsAIeftB.jpg ** https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_GXUzhXIAAgDs3.jpg

HQ pics from "Daily Mail":

The royal seal of approval! Pregnant Duchess of Cambridge is glamorous in purple for the Goring Hotel's 105th birthday party

Rudolph 03-02-2015 10:22 AM

Official or not Kate was there for the Goring's 105th birthday. Pics all over Twitter

Marty91charmed 03-02-2015 12:33 PM

[QUOTE=AdmirerUS;1754808]
Quote:

I wonder if this one can be considered an official engagement:whistling:QUOTE]

Well, certainly it was official for the Coldstream Guards. :lol: And don't they look great.

I wans't understanding allthe fuss, hence my perplexity:lol:

cepe 03-02-2015 07:33 PM

Quote:

Not an official engagement. Not in the Court Circular for the 2nd MArch

AdmirerUS 03-03-2015 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1754996)
Not an official engagement. Not in the Court Circular for the 2nd MArch

And I take back my comment about the Coldstream Band. They took the Goring post off their Twitter page. Thank makes me think the appearance was a fundraiser or favor rather than an official engagement.

Someone tell me if I'm wrong.

Marty91charmed 03-03-2015 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmirerUS (Post 1755113)
And I take back my comment about the Coldstream Band. They took the Goring post off their Twitter page. Thank makes me think the appearance was a fundraiser or favor rather than an official engagement.

Someone tell me if I'm wrong.

Yes, it seems that Kate was there in a private capacity. She was invited to the party given on occasion of the new refurbishing...:flowers:

JessRulz 03-05-2015 05:29 AM

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 24m
On Thursday 12th March, The Duchess of Cambridge will visit the set of the award-winning @DowntonAbbey @EalingStudios #DuchessAtDownton

hernameispekka 03-05-2015 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessRulz (Post 1755673)
On Thursday 12th March, The Duchess of Cambridge will visit the set of the award-winning @DowntonAbbey @EalingStudios #DuchessAtDownton

I'm so stoked !! :) Iiiiiih, so happy!! Love that Kate is a fan of the show, and Michelle Dockery (Lady Mary) when asked who's her favorite royal said Kate. Must be a really nice meeting for them :)

Marty91charmed 03-05-2015 07:27 AM

Good on her! She will be quite busy this month, just like in April 2013 when she did a lot of engagements in a row...

Molly2101 03-05-2015 07:53 AM

Quote:

Following in Sophie's footsteps I see. I am jealous as I really want to go to Highclerte Castle.

Dman 03-05-2015 07:56 AM

I know Catherine must be overly excited for this upcoming visit to Downton.

British Royals @britishroyals · 2h 2 hours ago
Among the #DowntonAbbey cast Kate will meet on March 12 include Dame Maggie Smith, Lord & Lady Grantham, Mrs Hughes, Mrs Patmore & Daisy.

Daria_S 03-05-2015 08:26 AM

This is quite exciting for Catherine, as well as for the cast of 'Downton Abbey'. The show has been getting a good amount of attention from the members of the BRF.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

hernameispekka 03-05-2015 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molly2101 (Post 1755707)
Following in Sophie's footsteps I see. I am jealous as I really want to go to Highclerte Castle.

Apparently it will be at the studios and not at the Castle.

Duchess of Cambridge to go below stairs on Downton Abbey visit - Telegraph

Dman 03-05-2015 01:32 PM

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 29m 29 minutes ago
Kate during her visit to The Goring Hotel (via @TheGoring)
https://twitter.com/RoyalCentral/sta...43207046279168

Jacknch 03-05-2015 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1755790)

Now that's twice we have seen Catherine painting recently - I'd love it if she followed in Queen Margarethe's footsteps and produced some interesting works of art!

AdmirerUS 03-05-2015 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1755790)

The red pillow for the royal paintbrush cracks me up.

Edit - and there is a better look at the animals on which she is working at this tweet:
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...fb_normal.jpeg Laura Ivill @lauraivill · 5h 5 hours ago
Wowed by the handpainted Fromental wallpaper @TheGoring last night. Raises the bar #NewGoring
https://twitter.com/lauraivill/status/573486311857909760/photo/1

soapstar 03-05-2015 01:55 PM

I'm so jealous that Kate gets to visit the set of Downtown Abbey. I love that show.

It looks like next week will be a busy one for Kate. She'll be out on the 9th, 11th, 12th and 13th.

roseroyal 03-05-2015 02:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1755711)
I know Catherine must be overly excited for this upcoming visit to Downton.

British Royals @britishroyals · 2h 2 hours ago
Among the #DowntonAbbey cast Kate will meet on March 12 include Dame Maggie Smith, Lord & Lady Grantham, Mrs Hughes, Mrs Patmore & Daisy.

I am so jealous! Talk about magic!

GracieGiraffe 03-05-2015 03:02 PM

She can bring George to meet little George Crawley!!

roseroyal 03-05-2015 04:45 PM

At least she's not visiting The World of James Herriot with Robert Hardy. Then, I'd really be jealous!

Tiggersk8 03-05-2015 08:03 PM

Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015

Tell me I wasn't the only one thinking back to the last time we saw Kate leaving the Goring when seeing those pictures? :)

***That's what I get for posting at the same as listening to Blue Jays Baseball for the first time this year. A post that wasn't quite making sense. Eeeek!!

Dman 03-10-2015 11:40 PM

British Royals @britishroyals · 9h 9 hours ago
Tomorrow (Wed), The Duchess of Cambridge will undertake 2 engagements in Margate,visiting @TCMargate & @resortstudios

LIVE: Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton visits Turner Contemporary and Resort Studios in Margate-
LIVE: Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton visits Turner Contemporary and Resort Studios in Margate

Rudolph 03-11-2015 07:04 AM

Kate Middleton carries out engagements in Margate - hellomagazine.com

Duchess of Cambridge looking radiant in Margate | Meridian - ITV News
Quote:

The Duchess of Cambridge looked radiant as she arrived in Margate today, wearing an animal print dress, in one of her last official engagements.

The Duchess is visiting an exhibition at the Turner Contemporary and an exhibition at Resort Studios to meet artists.

The Duchess will visit the 'Self: Image and Identity' exhibition, which includes the last self-portrait by Sir Anthony Van Dyck, which was secured for the nation by the National Portrait Gallery following a public appeal.

Duke of Marmalade 03-11-2015 08:24 AM

Kate, Duchess of Cambridge wears animal print in Margate for Turner Contemporary gallery visit | Daily Mail Online

Rudolph 03-11-2015 08:39 AM

Video: Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, chooses spotty dress for visit to windy Margate - Telegraph

Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton visits Turner Contemporary gallery | World | News | Daily Express
Quote:

Kate, who is eight months pregnant with her second child, wore a Dalmatian print coat by high street chain Hobbs which she was last seen in at the naming of a cruise liner in Southampton in June 2013 at a similar stage of her pregnancy with Prince George.The engagement is the latest in a long run of events the Duchess has attended while pregnant.

On Monday she wore a pink Alexander McQueen coat which she had previously sported at Trooping the Colour again at a similar stage in her first pregnancy.

Wrapped up against the chilly sea breeze, the thrifty Duchess, who is patron of the National Portrait Gallery, visited Turner Contemporary, Margate, during a busy week of royal engagements.

roseroyal 03-11-2015 01:23 PM

As always, it's the Duchess and kids, and babies that make my day.:wub:

Dman 03-11-2015 01:30 PM

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge visited one of the UK's leading art galleries today, meeting artists whose work is exhibited there and members of the community. The Duchess viewed the Self: Image and Identity exhibition at the Turner Contemporary in Margate, Kent. .

Home - ITNSource News

British Royals @britishroyals · 14m 14 minutes ago
The Duchess of Cambridge will visit the set of #DowntonAbbey at Ealing Studios tomorrow & meet the cast including Dame Maggie Smith.

TLLK 03-11-2015 04:26 PM

Happy to see that there is footage of Kate with the artists themselves and the kids working on their collages.

Rudolph 03-12-2015 01:35 PM

Video: Kate Middleton sees life below stairs on Downton Abbey studio visit - Telegraph

Pregnant Kate poses with the stars of hit show for family photo | Daily Mail Online
Quote:

They ought to be getting used to royal visits by now. Barely a week after the Countess of Wessex visited the set with the Mexican First Lady in tow, the stars of Downton Abbey had another regal guest - this time, the Duchess of Cambridge.

During her tour Kate, who is due to give birth in less than six weeks, was shown into the wardrobe department and the make-up room before watching a scene from series six being filmed.

Kate, 33, has long been a fan of the ITV drama and famously revealed that she watches the show with husband Prince William during a conversation with actress Jessica Findlay-Brown in 2011.

An Ard Ri 03-12-2015 01:55 PM

Belga

Belga Image - Editorial

IloveCP 03-12-2015 01:57 PM

Gallery:

Getty Images

She looks great. The coat is very beautiful.

roseroyal 03-12-2015 03:29 PM

No Maggie Smith- :sad:
Mrs. Patmore's cake- Yum! :biggrin::chef:
The Duchess and George- :wub:
Maybe next time she could take some EACH kids along...
EDIT- Anna's blog! Awesome Anna!
https://hrhcatherineduchessofcambridg...ts-set-of.html
Get well soon Maggie! Not the same without her.
Robert Hardy may be at an event with the COW 2 weeks from today. He better not get sick. If he was ever on DA, I'd be in heaven.

Pranter 03-12-2015 03:35 PM

Looks like she's going to have another good sized baby, she's showing quite a bit.

LaRae

Rudolph 03-12-2015 03:52 PM

Downton Abbey gets royal approval as Kate meets cast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FH7IKwu_2c

akina21 03-12-2015 06:03 PM

Is there some unwritten press rule that says every article has to have a headline starting with "pregnant Kate". I know she's pregnant , I haven't forgotten that in the last 24 hours .

Mermaid1962 03-12-2015 06:10 PM

:previous: Right. I don't see any articles headlined as "Expectant Father the Duke of Cambridge...";)

Dman 03-12-2015 06:15 PM

Looks like Her Royal Highness and the cast really enjoyed themselves today. Great videos and pictures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-UaENjL-1M

Daria_S 03-12-2015 10:10 PM

It looked like Catherine had a lovely time visiting the set of 'Downton Abbey'. I have no doubt that the cast and producers were excited to meet one of their fans. Lovely videos and pictures.

Tiggersk8 03-13-2015 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1757804)
Looks like Her Royal Highness and the cast really enjoyed themselves today. Great videos and pictures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-UaENjL-1M

They really were. A good time was had by all except one from the look of things. The lil guy giving her the train as a gift for George really looked unimpressed by the entire thing.

A shame Dame Maggie wasn't able to be there. I hope she's feeling much better very soon.

Dman 03-13-2015 03:54 AM

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 22h 22 hours ago
The Duchess of Cambridge will visit Brookhill Children’s Centre in Woolwich, London, on March 18.

roseroyal 03-13-2015 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1757916)
Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 22h 22 hours ago
The Duchess of Cambridge will visit Brookhill Children’s Centre in Woolwich, London, on March 18.

Oh boy, this made my day! The Duchess is always magical with kids, and this really made my day! I'll be here! Nice to have another Kate outing to look forward to. Hope she'll wear the peach or the pink outfit, but really don't care. What is Brookhill Children's Center?

soapstar 03-13-2015 01:05 PM

Yes, she really is good with kids. Cant wait for the visit.

I wonder if that will be her last engagement, or if she'll squeeze in a few more before she goes on maternity leave?

muriel 03-13-2015 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soapstar (Post 1758119)
Yes, she really is good with kids. Cant wait for the visit.

I wonder if that will be her last engagement, or if she'll squeeze in a few more before she goes on maternity leave?

You are right, this could be the last one.

Lady Kelly 03-16-2015 02:50 PM

I think she does engagements more frequently during her third trimesters than she does when not pregnant!

Marty91charmed 03-16-2015 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Kelly (Post 1758992)
I think she does engagements more frequently during her third trimesters than she does when not pregnant!

Right! To be honest, I think she was supposed to attend those engagements earlier on the past autumn/winter, but they were cancelled because she was ill...

TLLK 03-16-2015 06:19 PM

^^^I agree Marty91charmed. She did have to reschedule some engagements due to her illness.

Dman 03-17-2015 06:16 PM

RKD @RoyalKateDebate · 11m 11 minutes ago
Reminder: Kate is visiting Brookhill Children's Centre tomorrow

Rudolph 03-18-2015 07:23 AM

Spot the Duchess! Pregnant Kate shines in a £35 polka-dot maternity dress as she meets children and volunteers in London | Daily Mail Online
Quote:

She's just over a month away from giving birth to her second child but if she was feeling the strain, the Duchess of Cambridge showed no sign of it as she toured the Brookhill Children's Centre in Woolwich.

The 33-year-old royal is due to give birth late next month, with the birth expected to take place at the private Lindo Wing at St. Mary's Hospital in London's Paddington where Prince George was born in 2013.

Today, however, was all about Kate's work as a champion of underprivileged children, and the Duchess was all smiles as she arrived to discover a very excited group of youngsters waiting for her.
All a bit much: Pregnant Kate looks a little weary as she attends yet ANOTHER royal event | Royal | News | Daily Express
Quote:

The Duchess, who is due to give birth next month, dressed her blossoming baby bump in polka dots this morning as she prepared to visit a children's centre.

Kate, who appeared a little tired, opted for the £35 navy polka dot maternity dress from online clothing retailer ASOS as she arrived outside the Brookhill Children's Centre in Woolwich, south east London.

Upon her arrival, the Duchess was spotted talking to the chief executive of the charity Home Start, Rob Parkinson, who is hosting the event.

Kate will today spend time with families supported by Home Start, an organisation which helps parents struggling with issues such as mental illness, bereavement and disability.

The Duchess will attend a coffee morning at the centre before watching a training session for volunteers and visiting the onsite Together for Two's crèche to meet families and staff.
Video from today's visit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtsoONt2TrQ

Marika86 03-18-2015 09:13 AM

More pics

Semana: Kate Middleton, imparable en la recta final de su embarazo

Getty Images: The Duchess Of Cambridge Visits Brookhill Children's Centre

Dman 03-18-2015 01:00 PM

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge has met staff, parents and children at a nursery in south east London today, wearing a blue and white spotted maternity dress from online retailer Asos. Her Royal Highness was also presented with flowers and a handmade ‘thank you’ card during the visit to Brookhill Children’s Centre in Woolwich-

Home - ITNSource News

roseroyal 03-18-2015 01:50 PM

As always the Duchess with children -:wub: Will be :biggrin: for days. You say " It just can't get better" - it does. The woman has great people skills, and is always best with children.
I am sure Elmer the Elephant and the new toys will be enjoyed, and forgive me, but the image of Wills trying to potty train- :lol:
And the card the kids made the Duchess was awesome! :cool:

Anna's blog for today- great job Anna- the little boy showing Kate the card- just precious.:wub:

HRH The Duchess of Cambridge: The Duchess of Cambridge visits Brookhill Children's Centre

Daria_S 03-18-2015 02:51 PM

The latest engagement that Catherine did was such a delight. This woman certainly knows how to interact with children; it's obvious in her body language, tone/volume of her voice, and overall enjoyment of making the children feel important.

Rudolph 03-19-2015 10:29 AM

Princess Kate Visits Children's Center in South London : People.com
Quote:

Like a princess out of a fairytale, Kate delighted moms and children alike during her visit to a south London children's center on Wednesday.

As she prepares to welcome baby no. 2 in late April, the 33-year-old met privately with a group of young moms who have been helped by the Home-Start charity at the Brookhill Children's Centre in Woolwich.

One mother of triplets spoke candidly with the 8-months-pregnant royal about the daily challenges that she faced. "Later on, [Kate] met the volunteer who had given that mom so much support over six months or more," the charity's chief executive Rob Parkinson tells PEOPLE.

Nico 03-20-2015 08:59 AM

Told you before, don't believe everything written in the press :

Kate Middleton: US magazine claims pregnant Duchess has 'dramatic delivery' - People - News - The Independent

Londena 03-20-2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 1760620)

It reads like a novel! :rofl:

Hendrik-Jan77 05-17-2015 01:37 PM

Does anyone know if the Duchess of Cambridge will take a brief break from her maternity leave and attend Trooping the Colour on Saturday June 13th?

muriel 05-18-2015 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hendrik-Jan77 (Post 1780280)
Does anyone know if the Duchess of Cambridge will take a brief break from her maternity leave and attend Trooping the Colour on Saturday June 13th?

There is no information in the public domain in this regard.

hernameispekka 09-04-2015 05:17 AM

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess to visit the Anna Freud Centre @afcevents on 17 Sept to see their work in children's mental health care.

Rudolph 09-04-2015 06:45 AM

Quote:

Every year, we work to improve the lives of thousands of children and young people with mental health problems. We provide specialist help, we train others, and we carry out innovative research.
Home - The Anna Freud Centre

Daria_S 09-04-2015 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hernameispekka (Post 1815978)
The Duchess to visit the Anna Freud Centre @afcevents on 17 Sept to see their work in children's mental health care.

How exciting! Catherine is amazing with children, so this will be a treat. As a teacher, I've seen children benefit from getting counseling.

Dman 09-04-2015 11:04 AM

Good to know Catherine is back to her official duties.

soapstar 09-04-2015 12:37 PM

I'm glad to see her back in action and focusing on mental health. Can't wait to see what other engagements she has planned.

Rudolph 09-04-2015 01:34 PM

Quote:

Fall is blowing in . . . and it's bringing Princess Kate!

The royal mom, 33, is picking up where she left off in the spring, by doing what she can to help vulnerable children.

Kensington Palace announced on Friday that she will visit a family school run by the Anna Freud Centre in London on September 17. The charity looks to holistically help kids, and its school offers education alongside therapeutic support.

"Over the next few months the duchess will be concentrating on children's mental health and promote the early intervention message and help prevent family breakdown," a palace source tells PEOPLE.
Read more: Princess Kate Set to 'Really Get Going' with Work, Says Palace Source : People.com

muriel 09-04-2015 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hernameispekka (Post 1815978)

Excellent, I look forward to seeing her out and about again.

TLLK 09-04-2015 03:17 PM

I had a feeling that Sept. was when we'd see a return to her royal engagements though she did do one in July. William would have settled in to his routine with EAAA. Charlotte would be through her newborn phase and George used to having his sister in his life.

hernameispekka 09-04-2015 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLLK (Post 1816160)
I had a feeling that Sept. was when we'd see a return to her royal engagements though she did do one in July. William would have settled in to his routine with EAAA. Charlotte would be through her newborn phase and George used to having his sister in his life.

Exactly :)

Daria_S 09-04-2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLLK (Post 1816160)

Yep. This is usually when most moms go back to work. It makes sense.

Osipi 09-04-2015 03:56 PM

Yet another aspect of children's welfare and wellbeing being added to the string of concerns that Kate is going to be trying to put the spotlight on. I think its simply wonderful and another thought has occurred to me of another wonderful benefit to come from all her focus on children.

Her own son and daughter, over time, will ask questions about the kids mom is going off to support and in that way too, both George and Charlotte from an early age will know about and understand what other little kids like them are going through and why they need compassion and understanding and help. To me, that is an essential education for those children that will, in the future, also be in a position to do something positive.

Marty91charmed 09-04-2015 04:02 PM

I think this area needs a voice and attention... And I think Kate should concentrate on this kind of engagements, she would do good for the cause!

Dman 09-04-2015 05:01 PM

I hope Catherine will also use her voice for this cause. Actually using her voice can help make a powerful impact.

HereditaryPrincess 09-04-2015 05:03 PM

Finally we get to see Catherine again. I'm looking forward into the engagement - mental health appears to be an issue that she cares about, so I'm sure she'll be brilliant during this visit.