The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015-January 2019 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/the-duchess-of-cambridge-current-events-5-february-2015-january-2019-a-38075.html)

JessRulz 01-31-2015 09:00 PM

The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015-January 2019
 
https://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0c2e1a5e.png
Arms of HRH The Duchess of Cambridge

Welcome to The Duchess of Cambridge's
Current Events, Part 5

Commencing February 1, 2015

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

***

JessRulz 02-04-2015 06:56 AM

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal 3m 3 minutes ago
The Duchess of Cambridge will visit @actnforchildren in #Smethwick on 18 Feb to see how they provide early support for vulnerable families

Dman 02-04-2015 11:46 AM

Royal Central @RoyalCentral 5h 5 hours ago
On 18th February The Duchess of Cambridge will visit Staffordshire and the West Midlands, including a visit to the Emma Bridgewater factory.

roseroyal 02-04-2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessRulz (Post 1747004)
Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal 3m 3 minutes ago
The Duchess of Cambridge will visit @actnforchildren in #Smethwick on 18 Feb to see how they provide early support for vulnerable families

Great! I'll be here! Never can get enough of Catherine and children! I'll stock up on tissue!;)

cepe 02-04-2015 03:30 PM

More details of the visit - via Majesty Magazines Facebookpage.

The Duchess of Cambridge will visit Action for Children’s Cape Hill Children’s Centre, Smethwick.
Her Royal Highness will get an introduction to the charity and its work in providing early support for vulnerable families across the UK from staff and volunteers. The Duchess of Cambridge will then attend a private roundtable discussion with families who have accessed Action for Children services including the organisation's Sandwell Family Partners programme, which is based at the children’s centre. Her Royal Highness will then watch a play session and meet the children and parents who use Cape Hill Children’s Centre.

Background:
Action for Children is a national charity that supports and speaks out for the most vulnerable and neglected children and young people. It works with more than 300,000 children, young people, parents and carers each year at 650 services based in the heart of communities across the UK. It was founded in 1869 by Methodist minister, Reverend Thomas Bowman Stephenson.

The charity runs Cape Hill Children’s Centre in Smethwick on behalf of Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council. Cape Hill is one of seven children’s centres run by the charity in Sandwell. Action for Children operates more than 200 children’s centres across England.

As the 12th most deprived local authority in England, Sandwell has large numbers of vulnerable children and high levels of neglect, mental health issues, abuse and dysfunctional family units.
Through centres, satellite community venues and mobile outreach the charity delivers a range of programmes that support over 8,000 local children and their families. These programmes include child and family health services, antenatal support, speech and language therapy, family learning and childcare, adult education and employment advice as well as support for children and parents with special needs and mental health issues or families who have experienced or witnessed domestic abuse.

Cape Hill Children’s Centre also houses Action for Children's Sandwell Family Partners, a major intensive early support programme for families with children at risk of neglect.

hernameispekka 02-04-2015 03:42 PM

It really feels like she's shopping around for new patronages. They all seem so up her alley! :)

roseroyal 02-04-2015 03:58 PM

Couldn't agree more! So up her alley! Wonderful! So going to need tissue!

Jacknch 02-04-2015 04:09 PM

Catherine is definitely going down the route of helping vulnerable and deprived children and their families and this is an excellent and well worth cause to get involved in. I am very happy for her to shop around or seek out some new and interesting patronages where she will feel her involvement will benefit the most.
I am looking forward to these visits.

hernameispekka 02-04-2015 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacknch (Post 1747220)
Catherine is definitely going down the route of helping vulnerable and deprived children and their families and this is an excellent and well worth cause to get involved in. I am very happy for her to shop around or seek out some new and interesting patronages where she will feel her involvement will benefit the most.
I am looking forward to these visits.

I agree. First of all, she is SOOOOO good with children. And it's also such a worthy cause. So many adult troubles would diminish if the children problems are taken care of the right way! I am looking forward to it as well!

JessRulz 02-14-2015 09:46 PM

Posts about the Portsmouth visit have been moved to Kate's Charities and Patronages thread, because the visit was for the 1851 Trust.

dazzling 02-21-2015 05:02 AM

Is there any news when will Kate's next event be, will she have one more event before she takes leave?

Hendrik-Jan77 02-21-2015 07:28 AM

I expect we will see her a couple of times in public before Catherine takes maternity leave.
I think one of her last public performances will be on St. Patrick's Day on March 17th.
But I would still love to see her and William on Easter Sunday, April 5th, at Windsor with other members of the Royal Family. That would be 3 or 4 weeks before her due date.
I don't think that will happen, but one can hope...:flowers:

hernameispekka 02-21-2015 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hendrik-Jan77 (Post 1752301)
I expect we will see her a couple of times in public before Catherine takes maternity leave.
I think one of her last public performances will be on St. Patrick's Day on March 17th.
But I would still love to see her and William on Easter Sunday, April 5th, at Windsor with other members of the Royal Family. That would be 3 or 4 weeks before her due date.
I don't think that will happen, but one can hope...:flowers:

I think it depends on when she is due. If she is due early April, I don't think she will do the St. Patrick's engagement. It would be too close to her due date. Especially since kids can come any time those 2 weeks before. She wouldn't want to risk going into labour, and even if she doesn't go into labor she will probably have braxton hicks contractions (fake cotractions) and many other things. So if she is almost due, I don't think she will be there. But if she is due late April I think it is a possibility.

I really doubt they would go to the easter engagement. Especially since they haven't gone before, they won't start this year. Just as I don't think they will choose this year to start going to ascot.

Hendrik-Jan77 02-21-2015 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hernameispekka (Post 1752303)
I think it depends on when she is due. If she is due early April, I don't think she will do the St. Patrick's engagement. It would be too close to her due date. Especially since kids can come any time those 2 weeks before. She wouldn't want to risk going into labour, and even if she doesn't go into labor she will probably have braxton hicks contractions (fake cotractions) and many other things. So if she is almost due, I don't think she will be there. But if she is due late April I think it is a possibility.

I really doubt they would go to the easter engagement. Especially since they haven't gone before, they won't start this year. Just as I don't think they will choose this year to start going to ascot.

Do you think she will be at Trooping the Colour this year? I certainly hope so.

hernameispekka 02-21-2015 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hendrik-Jan77 (Post 1752307)
Do you think she will be at Trooping the Colour this year? I certainly hope so.

I kind of think so. It's mid june, right? Meaning it will be 2-2 months since the birth. I think maybe she will do trooping but not garter? Or maybe both. But unless there are complications, I think she will do Trooping. What do you think? :)

MichelleQ2 02-22-2015 03:54 AM

I think Kate will be at the Trooping and.... I hope George makes his first balcony appearance at the trooping this year.

Skippyboo 02-22-2015 04:03 AM

Trooping is Sat. June 13 with Garter Day on the Monday afterwards. So if the baby comes towards the end of April, it would be around 6 to 7 weeks afterwards. I think both events are do able pending no complications from the delivery since Kate isn't an active participant in both ceremonies.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Marty91charmed 02-22-2015 07:35 AM

I think she may attend those events. They will maybe be her first official engagement while still on maternity leave.

hernameispekka 02-22-2015 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty91charmed (Post 1752725)
I think she may attend those events. They will maybe be her first official engagement while still on maternity leave.

This will be my guess.

sophie25 02-22-2015 07:54 AM

If the baby is only 6 or 7 weeks old and Kate is breastfeeding then I don't think she will attend TTC or the Garter. I think we will see very little of her during the summer season in general.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises