The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Infanta Cristina, Iñaki Urdangarín and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f117/)
-   -   Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 2 (2015 - 2018) (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f117/i-aki-cristina-and-the-noos-corruption-investigation-part-2-2015-2018-a-37941.html)

Tilia C. 10-06-2015 07:51 AM

Better not get your hopes up too soon. There might still be a thousand ways to delay and disrupt the process. This can still go on for a long time.

eya 10-06-2015 10:02 AM

So with good morning 2016 and the trial starts. And along and all the circus through the media imagine. Hopefully in 2016 to finish in any way.

carlota 10-06-2015 12:03 PM

Quote:

Infanta Cristina of Spain's trial will begin on January 11. She faces tax fraud charges. She will face up to eight years in jail if she is found guilty. Her husband, Inaki Urdangarin could spent up to 19 years in jail, if he is found guilty.
Spain’s Princess Cristina to Stand Trial - WSJ

Spain's Princess Cristina to stand trial on tax fraud charges | World news | The Guardian

Spain's Princess Cristina tax fraud trial to start in January | Reuters

principessa 10-06-2015 12:32 PM

Has he already have been convicted?

GracieGiraffe 10-06-2015 01:10 PM

Not convinced this will go ahead in January. This trial will be long and protracted. It will take the judge an even longer time to render a decision. Then there will be appeals, up and down, up and down (the Amanda Knox case in Italy comes to mind).

If you think this will be resolved this time next year....:lol::lol::lol:

wyevale 10-06-2015 01:16 PM

Quote:

If you think this will be resolved this time next year....

"The wheels of justice grind exceeding fine, and exceeding SLOW"...

An Ard Ri 11-12-2015 06:08 AM

Looks like there was a mix up with addresses

The Court of Palma fails to deliver the summons to Inaki Urdangarin

Iñaki Urdangarín está desaparecido: La Audiencia de Palma no consigue entregarle la citación judicial - Bekia

https://translate.google.ie/translat...-text=&act=url

Marty91charmed 11-12-2015 09:04 AM

What does that mean? He has not a proper adress at the moment?:eek:

Tilia C. 11-12-2015 09:41 AM

It is a strange report indeed. The judge knew that the house in Pedalbres was sold, it is public knowledge that the Urdangarins live in Switzerland right now, and the law court knows how to contact his lawyer. It's not as if Inaki were in hiding. Imo, this no big deal. Just an article blowing up something out of proportion.

eya 11-12-2015 10:25 AM

It's a bit strange and excessive article. Surely this is a formality. Much Ado About Nothing.

GracieGiraffe 11-12-2015 02:06 PM

It might be a very big deal. If a person is not served in the manner dictated by law (no matter how aware of the proceedings they actually are), and by the date dictated by law for a January 11 trial (again, no matter how aware they actually are), it might mean the trial must be pushed back.

Winnie 11-12-2015 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe (Post 1838192)
It might be a very big deal. If a person is not served in the manner dictated by law (no matter how aware of the proceedings they actually are), and by the date dictated by law for a January 11 trial (again, no matter how aware they actually are), it might mean the trial must be pushed back.

Yes, true in America, but same in Spain? If so, sounds a bit like palm greasing to staff member. And the world turns again for another day.......same old; same old.

GracieGiraffe 11-12-2015 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winnie (Post 1838229)
Yes, true in America, but same in Spain? If so, sounds a bit like palm greasing to staff member. And the world turns again for another day.......same old; same old.

I'm not sure. We'll see. And yes, I find it hard to believe they got the address wrong...unless of course, government workers in Spain are not much different than the American ones. :lol:

royal rob 11-13-2015 12:42 AM

It's really like something out of a movie, question is drama or comedy ??

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

NotHRH 11-30-2015 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbruno (Post 1821414)
I see it the other way around: the State attorney actually asked for the charges against Cristina to be dropped as he saw no legal case against her. However, because she was the King's daughter and the judge is probably a republican who wanted to embarass the monarchy, he sent her to trial against the recommendation of the prosecutor himself.

I do not know the intracracies of the crime HRH Infanta Cristina is accused of. But to say automatically that the judge is republican (=anti-monarchy) and only trying to embarrass the monarchy, shows you are pro-monarchy and not republican. Even if she stands trial, and is convicted, she will have been convicted of a civil crime, and as a "HRH Infanta of Spain" it is almost positive the worst punishment she will receive is a slap on the wrist (=nothing will happen to her, or even her husband). Personally I feel if she has committed a crime, she should do time (but as long as JC is alive, that will never happen because the cash flow to keep her free was, is, and will continue to flow.) Cha-ching!

SnowBirds 12-01-2015 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winnie (Post 1838229)

I so agree with you for that is a time old thing to do to keep a family member safe regardless of what they have done. In reading about her alleged money laundering, she is a very intelligent woman, educated, worked in positions of trust, knows the means and way of money through her life, she is not a dumb bunny by any stretch of the means, so if she is found guilty, then she should pay the price, as they say, do the crime, do the time. Will she go to jail, of course not, money talks in this world of ours and always has. Things like that are going on right now.....same ole, same ole.:flowers:

Any idea when the trial starts of either of them? Shouldn't it be coming up after the 1t of the year sometime!

NotHRH 12-01-2015 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowBirds (Post 1843708)
I so agree with you for that is a time old thing to do to keep a family member safe regardless of what they have done. In reading about her alleged money laundering, she is a very intelligent woman, educated, worked in positions of trust, knows the means and way of money through her life, she is not a dumb bunny by any stretch of the means, so if she is found guilty, then she should pay the price, as they say, do the crime, do the time. Will she go to jail, of course not, money talks in this world of ours and always has. Things like that are going on right now.....same ole, same ole.:flowers:

Any idea when the trial starts of either of them? Shouldn't it be coming up after the 1t of the year sometime!

We are in agreement. As the saying goes, "money talks, bull$**+ walks."

TheRoyalCourtisane 12-01-2015 02:11 PM

I dont think I believe she may get a lighter sentence than required by the law but Inaki will get the pain of his sentence

An Ard Ri 12-18-2015 05:03 PM

The Infanta Cristina and Inaki Urdangarin return to Barcelona to prepare for trial in the case Nóos

La infanta Cristina e Iñaki Urdangarin regresan a Barcelona para preparar el juicio por el caso Nóos

https://translate.google.ie/translat...-text=&act=url

Marty91charmed 12-18-2015 05:11 PM

Despite everything, it must be awful fo them returning there with the awareness of what is ahead.