The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   Madeleine & Chris's 2nd Child: Guess the Sex, Name, Godparents and Duchy (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f278/madeleine-and-chriss-2nd-child-guess-the-sex-name-godparents-and-duchy-37863.html)

Archduchess Zelia 06-15-2015 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1792036)
My 2 "candidates" are Västerbotten and Närke.

The parents of the King, Prince Gustaf Adolf and Princess Sibylla was Duke and Duchess of Västerbotten (the province just north of Jämtland where the King is Duke). I think the King want to use Västerbotten again but maybe they are holding it back for a possible 2:nd child of Victoria and Daniel, given that Gustaf Adolf and Sibylla also lived at Haga Palace it would make a wonderful connection.

Närke is also a possibility with the historically important and Sweden's 6:th largest city Örebro as Residential City. The "Painting Prince" Eugen, great great uncle to the King was the last Duke of Närke.

It is also possible that they will use a Province that no one has held as a dukedom before. Then the following is available from North to South : Lappland, Ångermanland, Medelpad, Dalsland, Bohuslän, Öland and Blekinge.

Available dukedoms that have been used are from north to south : Västerbotten, Västmanland, Småland, Halland and Skåne.

Södermanland is also available but i think they are keeping that for a possible son of Carl Philip and Sofia given that a Duke of Södermanland will according to the will of it's former owner inherite Stenhammar Palace, wich Carl Philip will inherite after the King.

Närke is a good guess, I think. I've been thinking about that and Skåne (since he was born on Gustaf VI Adolf and Crown Princess Margareta's wedding anniversary) myself. I too think that Västerbotten might be saved for a potential second child of Victoria and Daniel. It sort of strikes me as a bit too important (in lack of a better word) of a duchy to give to someone so far down the line of succession. The thing about Södermanland is very interesting as well. I was certain that the firstborn of CP and Sofia would be given Halland due to the emotional connection between CP and Bertil/Lilian but now Södermanland seems like an even more logical duchy for their firstborn.

Stefan 06-15-2015 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1791938)
I don't think they will use Uppland as long as Countess Marianne Bernadotte, widow of the former Duke of Uppland Count Sigvard Bernadotte is alive. Although Sigvard was stripped of his titles quite early in his life and married Marianne much later it is a tradition to not use dukedoms as long as holders or their wife is alive. Same situation for Dalarna as long as Countess Gunnila Bernadotte, Widow of Sigvards little-brother Count Carl Johan Bernadotte is alive.

But in 2012 when Estelle was born and became Duchess of Östergotland Princess Kristine Bernadotte, the widow of Prince Carl was still alive. And he was also Duke of Östergotland until his first marriage in 1937.

Hans-Rickard 06-15-2015 02:24 PM

Madeleine & Chris's 2nd Child: Guess the Sex, Name, Godparents and Duchy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1792162)
But in 2012 when Estelle was born and became Duchess of Östergotland Princess Kristine Bernadotte, the widow of Prince Carl was still alive. And he was also Duke of Östergotland until his first marriage in 1937.

You are correct :) They were not very known in Sweden for this days generations (though much more known in Norway) so I had completely forgot her. But she was definitely alive then.

Osipi 06-15-2015 03:12 PM

I'm going to go off the wall here and suggest that Madeleine and Chris name their newborn son Christian Paul O'Neill. He'll be Chris O'Neill like his daddy but not a Jr. Also he'll be a CP like his Uncle Carl Philip.

Back on my wall again to watch and wait. :biggrin:

Marty91charmed 06-15-2015 03:54 PM

I had already bet on a boy... even tough I would have said girl of you had asked me recently... Can't make predictions so I'll go random and say: "Edmund Paul Carl"

Skippy 06-15-2015 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwissRoyal (Post 1792035)
I'm going for Paul as a first name as it sounds very modern, or at least it will be one of the names.

Godparents: Chris's other sister or maybe one of his nieces, Carl-Philip and also Prince Daniel. I believe Madeleine respects him very much (more than Sofia) and seeing how sweet he was to Leonore at the wedding I believe the 2 families have a very close bond.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I assume that Madeleine was raised better than that and to have equal respect. What I do find very nice is that Carl Philip and Sofia can now attend the christening together as husband and wife. Maybe it will be in the chapel of Drottningholm again.

Hans-Rickard 06-15-2015 04:06 PM

Madeleine & Chris's 2nd Child: Guess the Sex, Name, Godparents and Duchy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skippy (Post 1792225)
I assume that Madeleine was raised better than that and to have equal respect. What I do find very nice is that Carl Philip and Sofia can now attend the christening together as husband and wife. Maybe it will be in the chapel of Drottningholm again.

Eeeh ? Now i think you need to explain what you mean ?

That she would rather select Prince Daniel as a godparent than Princess Sofia ?

She knows Daniel much better than Sofia so i would see it as a natural choice.

HRHHermione 06-15-2015 05:28 PM

I think it would be nice if both Prince Carl-Phillip and Princess Sofia are asked to be godparents, as the baby was born so close to their wedding day. We'll see!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

PrincessElena 06-15-2015 10:49 PM

Carl Christian Bertil

Meraude 06-15-2015 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 1792197)
Also he'll be a CP like his Uncle Carl Philip.

To say that someone is a CP in Sweden is to say that the person is an idiot :ermm:

Osipi 06-15-2015 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meraude (Post 1792377)
To say that someone is a CP in Sweden is to say that the person is an idiot :ermm:

Ahhh. I was going by initials. :biggrin:

Ish 06-15-2015 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meraude (Post 1792377)

Because Carl Philip is viewed as an idiot, or some other specific reason?

I wonder what the chance of this boy having a double barreled name is. It seems like there's something of a tradition of boys in the SRF having double barreled names - Carl Philip, Carl Gustaf, Gustaf Adolf, Carl Johan, Oscar Fredrik...

I actually think Gustaf might be a good name for this baby - one of Madeline's father's names as well as one of his father and grandfather's names. Leave Carl for a future son of CP and Sofia.

Meraude 06-16-2015 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ish (Post 1792388)
Because Carl Philip is viewed as an idiot, or some other specific reason?

CP - cerebral palsy, has been used as a taunt in bullying at school for a long time, about children who have been seen as "odd" = as idiots by their peers.

Ish 06-16-2015 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meraude (Post 1792393)
CP - cerebral palsy, has been used as a taunt in bullying at school for a long time, about children who have been seen as "odd" = as idiots by their peers.

Ahh, okay.

hernameispekka 06-16-2015 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meraude (Post 1792393)

Hahah, true. I've onbly recently started writing CP to shorten Carl-Philip in this forum because I can only see it as stupid (or rather, the stupid people using it as a bad word)

cdm 06-16-2015 02:27 AM

I'm still hoping for a Prince Oscar, somewhere in a Scandinavian royal family.

xenobia 06-16-2015 03:41 AM

I hope and think we will have an announcement of the name and titles before midsummers, aka friday. After that, lots of swedes go on vacation and almost everything slows down a little.

Minea 06-16-2015 03:54 AM

My wish is Theodore Paul Gustaf, fourth name could be Edmund or Bertil.

wymanda 06-16-2015 07:49 AM

Gustav Christophe Bertil Duke of Halland

Skippy 06-16-2015 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1792237)
Eeeh ? Now i think you need to explain what you mean ?

That she would rather select Prince Daniel as a godparent than Princess Sofia ?

She knows Daniel much better than Sofia so i would see it as a natural choice.

SwissRoyal was insinuating that Madeleine respects Daniel more than Sofia - and I'm tired of that endless debate - so I said that I assume that Madeleine was raised to have equal respect > Daniel and Sofia on the same level.

And we don't know whom she knows better. All that I have seen is that people stare blind on years and lengths of time. Of course she knows Daniel longer, but that's all we can be sure about.

I didn't mean anything about whom she'd rather select. I do think it would be too early for Sofia to be a godparent, she's just married. Time will tell the things that need to be known. That's all.