The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   Madeleine & Chris's 2nd Child: Guess the Sex, Name, Godparents and Duchy (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f278/madeleine-and-chriss-2nd-child-guess-the-sex-name-godparents-and-duchy-37863.html)

Lady Nimue 12-29-2014 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenora (Post 1735453)
Or maybe in case they have a boy, they'll use one of Chris's father names.

Exactly so. :flowers: After all, this child will be fourth (and then third) in line to the throne. Not likely for him, if a him, to be monarch, so why fuss with the 'Carl'?

Could we live with a Prince Paul Cesario? ;) Prince Paul sounds very nice, very unique. Is there a Swedish version of Paul?

Lenora 12-29-2014 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Nimue (Post 1735457)
Exactly so. :flowers: After all, this child will be fourth (and then third) in line to the throne. Not likely for him, if a him, to be monarch, so why fuss with the 'Carl'?

Could we live with a Prince Paul Cesario? ;) Prince Paul sounds very nice, very unique. Is there a Swedish version of Paul?

According to Wiki, it seems to be Paulus, but I'm not sure.


Paulus – Wikipedia

Biri 12-29-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by principessa (Post 1735426)
I think that if it is a boy, the first name must be Carl, as all of Madeleine's aunts have one son called Carl (or Charles), her father is named Carl and her brother is called Carl.

I also think that if Victoria and Carl Philip will have sons, one of each is called Carl.

I think it would be troublesome for grandparents to call: "Victoria's Carl, Carl Philipp's Carl, Madeleine's Carl, time to go to bed!"
"Victoria's Carl, Carl Philipp's Carl, Madeleine's Carl, breakfast is ready!"
"Victoria's Carl, give a teddy bear back to Carl Philipp's Carl!"
"Madeleine's Carl, don't kick Victoria's Carl!" etc...:rofl::lol:

If I were a grandma of numerous grandchildren I would prefer for each to have a different name.

Cris M 12-29-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biri (Post 1735471)
I think it would be troublesome for grandparents to call: "Victoria's Carl, Carl Philipp's Carl, Madeleine's Carl, time to go to bed!"
"Victoria's Carl, Carl Philipp's Carl, Madeleine's Carl, breakfast is ready!"
"Victoria's Carl, give a teddy bear back to Carl Philipp's Carl!"
"Madeleine's Carl, don't kick Victoria's Carl!" etc...:rofl::lol:

If I were a grandma of numerous grandchildren I would prefer for each to have a different name.

They could call them by their second names. :lol:

Archduchess Zelia 12-29-2014 06:24 PM

Or Pauline for a girl, perhaps? Stylistically, Leonore and Pauline are quite similar.

Ceallach 12-29-2014 06:32 PM

Erik for a boy although I'd rather have Victoria have another and it be Estelle and Erik

Linnea for a girl with Lenore

or else Ewa, Desiree, Sybilla, Alice, Amelie or Katharina

JessRulz 12-29-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Nimue (Post 1735457)
Exactly so. :flowers: After all, this child will be fourth (and then third) in line to the throne. Not likely for him, if a him, to be monarch, so why fuss with the 'Carl'?

Could we live with a Prince Paul Cesario? ;) Prince Paul sounds very nice, very unique. Is there a Swedish version of Paul?

This baby will actually be sixth in line to the throne, and likely to slip down further:

1. Victoria
2. Estelle
3. Carl Philip
4. Madeleine
5. Leonore
6. Baby

Cris M 12-29-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess (Post 1735443)
Thank you for the confirmation. :flowers: For some reason I've always thought that Princess Eleonora was in her twenties. I'm not that knowledgeable about the Brazilian Imperial Family and am still learning which explains why I thought that.

You're welcome, Hereditary Princess. The Princess of Ligne has a niece called Princess Maria Eleonora of Orleans-Braganza, who just turned 30. Maybe that's why you got confused.

But don't worry, there are a lot of Princes and Princesses in the Imperial Family of Brazil and in the House of Orleans-Braganza, which can be quite confusing. Also, they have an awful lot of Princesses called Maria something.

HereditaryPrincess 12-31-2014 03:48 PM

I've just had a thought: since Leonore and Estelle are international names and work well in a lot of countries (as well as having variants of their names, e.g. Leonor for Leonore and Estella for Estelle), I wonder if Madeleine and Chris will name their second child something international or something more Swedish/Nordic. It will be interesting to see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cris M (Post 1735511)
You're welcome, Hereditary Princess. The Princess of Ligne has a niece called Princess Maria Eleonora of Orleans-Braganza, who just turned 30. Maybe that's why you got confused.

But don't worry, there are a lot of Princes and Princesses in the Imperial Family of Brazil and in the House of Orleans-Braganza, which can be quite confusing. Also, they have an awful lot of Princesses called Maria something.

Yes, that's who I was thinking of. :flowers: It must be confusing having all those Marias in the family. I can imagine they mostly go by their other name though.

Meraude 01-02-2015 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla (Post 1735467)
Pavel is an Old Swedish variant form of Povel, which is an Old Swedish variant form of Pauel (Paul).

Nope, Pavel is the Slavic form of Paul/Paulus. The old Swedish variant is Pål, and Pär is the old Swedish variant of Peter.

Anna2002 01-10-2015 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess (Post 1735443)
That's an interesting suggestion. Where do Erna and Lisanne come from? (I'm not asking this in a negative way by the way, just curious.) The only Lisanne I know of who is connected to royalty is Princess Grace of Monaco's sister, who spells her name as Lizanne. But the Monegasque Princely Family isn't related to the SRF.


Erna Waldau is Silvias Grandmother
Lisanne is a combination of Anna and Elisabeth.
Anna is Chris´Great-grandmother
Elisa is Silvias 2nd Grandmother

Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You might want to take a look at Leonore´s ancestry. Thats how I got the Names.


Anna

HereditaryPrincess 01-11-2015 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anna2002 (Post 1739557)
Erna Waldau is Silvias Grandmother
Lisanne is a combination of Anna and Elisabeth.
Anna is Chris´Great-grandmother
Elisa is Silvias 2nd Grandmother

Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You might want to take a look at Leonore´s ancestry. Thats how I got the Names.


Anna

Ah OK, thank you for the information. :flowers: I have looked at Leonore's ancestry before, but mostly her royal ancestors and I'm not very knowledgeable about Chris's family. I was only really aware of his sisters and parents (and also that his mother is in Prince Charles's circle of friends).

I think Lisanne is a very interesting suggestion, and since both Victoria and Madeleine surprised us with Estelle and Leonore (but then again, I guess Leonore isn't as surprising as Estelle, since Eleonora is a historical name for the SRF and the European variants of Eleanor are very popular amongst European Royal Children at the moment) it could be possible.

hernameispekka 01-11-2015 02:24 PM

I have no guesses myself, but I think they will use names easily pronounced/normally spelled in Swedish. So I will give some Swedish input on some of the names here :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by wymanda (Post 1733105)
A Girl - Princess Sibylla Victoria Eva Christina

Sibylla, while a good family name, is very unlikely for the simple reason that all over the country there are small huts serving hamburgers and pizzas for cheap called Sibylla. Everyone in Sweden thinks Hamburger when they hear that name. It would be like naming it McDonalds. :rofl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess (Post 1734807)
I doubt they will choose Adolph. I think after a certain Chancellor that name (and any other name related to it, such as Adolphus, Adolphine [the feminisation] etc) has become unusable, even if it has been used in the SRF before. I like the idea of Johan (though out of personal preference I would spell it Johann) however, and Fredrik is an interesting variation of Frederik/Frederick. Is it the Swedish spelling? I've never come across it before.

I agree, no version of Adolph. No way, never.

Johan I highly doubt, since everyone and their mother (father :rofl:) was named that not long ago. I think people have been fed up with that name. And if it would be that name, it will be spelled Johan. Johann is not a version we use in Sweden.

Yes, Fredrik is the usual spelling in Sweden.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IloveCP (Post 1734946)
I would love if the baby was named Catherine if it is a girl. There have been a few Queens of Sweden named Catherine.

Catherine is not a name on a Swedish queen. They were Katarina or Kristina or something like that, but might have been translated to other languages when talked about. There is very unlikely for a kid of theirs to be names Catherine since there is almost impossible to pronounce it in Swedish. If they would choose this name it would be the "Swedish" version Katarina. But that name is very much the middle aged generation in Sweden for now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenora (Post 1735460)
According to Wiki, it seems to be Paulus, but I'm not sure.


Paulus – Wikipedia

The old Swedish version might be Paulus, but Paul is very much accepted as a "proper" name in Sweden.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess (Post 1736045)
I've just had a thought: since Leonore and Estelle are international names and work well in a lot of countries (as well as having variants of their names, e.g. Leonor for Leonore and Estella for Estelle), I wonder if Madeleine and Chris will name their second child something international or something more Swedish/Nordic. It will be interesting to see.

I agree. Especially since Chris is English/American I highly think they will use an international name that is easily pronounced in Sweden and in English.

IloveCP 02-10-2015 12:10 AM

More guesses for girls:

Desiree Eva Josephine
Josephine Desiree Ingrid
Ingrid Margaret Silvia
Louise Amelie Silvia
Amelie Louise Alice
Alice Silvia Victoria
Anna Silvia Alexandra

GracieGiraffe 02-10-2015 08:40 AM

I think it's a boy - I have no idea what they will name it, but likely it will be an "international" rather than nordic name.

I also agree he will likely slip at least two spots in the line of succession within the next few years or so. Being so far down, he might not live in Sweden ultimately.

IloveCP 02-10-2015 07:58 PM

My guesses for a boy:

Carl Bertil Paul
Carl Louis Paul
Louis Paul Gustav
Bertil Paul Gustav
Carl Christian Paul
Christian Paul Gustav

Kellydofc 03-02-2015 02:23 PM

I think it's a girl for some reason. I have no guesses on the name.

Meraude 03-05-2015 04:37 PM

For a girl I wouldn't be surprised if they choose a variant of Margareta, there are many to choose from: Margaret - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It's a family name and a common name in Sweden, even if it's not a popular name for babies at the moment. It's a kind of grandmother/great-grandmother name today, and as such they tend to become popular every third or fourth generation, and with an unusual spelling it will also feel modern.

IloveCP 03-29-2015 03:18 AM

I would love the name Martha for a girl. Also, Crown Princess Martha of Norway was born a Swedish princess.

Meraude 04-11-2015 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IloveCP (Post 1763255)
I would love the name Martha for a girl. Also, Crown Princess Martha of Norway was born a Swedish princess.

The Swedish name Märta/Märtha and the English name Marta/Martha are two different names, even if they look the same written in English as the letter ä doesn't exist in the English language.
Märta/Märtha is an old Swedish variant of Margaret, from Greek and Persian and means "pearl" while Marta/Martha comes from Hebrew (Judeo/Amaraic) and means "the lady".


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises