The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Family of Saudi Arabia (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f264/)
-   -   Saudi Princes (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f264/saudi-princes-37826.html)

royalover 12-12-2014 08:09 AM

Saudi Princes
 
Has there ever been a commoner who married a saudi prince?
I saw a lot of cousins getting married, so just wondered if any of the princes ever married a commoner??

BritishRoyalist 12-12-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royalover (Post 1729822)
Has there ever been a commoner who married a saudi prince?

I saw a lot of cousins getting married, so just wondered if any of the princes ever married a commoner??


I heard of someone but i don't know there name was. I believe she was a commoner

royalover 12-12-2014 03:28 PM

What about Princess Ameerah al taweel? in some articles I read that she was a commoner and met Prince Alwaleed when she was 18 when she got to interview him for a school.

But somewhere on this forum I read that she is the daughter of a tribal leader, and that it was arranged?

Does anyone know more about this?

lucymae88 04-25-2015 07:13 PM

Does anyone know anything about Prince Mohammad Bin Salman?? I have been seen a lot about him in the news. I wonder if he will be the next King of Saudi Arabia, it seems like his the power behind his father King Salman. They say his somewhere in his early 30's.

Imanmajed 04-27-2015 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucymae88 (Post 1771651)
Does anyone know anything about Prince Mohammad Bin Salman?? I have been seen a lot about him in the news. I wonder if he will be the next King of Saudi Arabia, it seems like his the power behind his father King Salman. They say his somewhere in his early 30's.

Prince Mohammed bin Salman newly appointed Saudi Defense Minister. Prince Mohammad, part of a new generation of Saudi rulers, also heads the royal court, is special adviser to his 79-year-old father and sits on two key political and economic councils and holds positions of immense power.

He had a professional career of 10 years and was active in business and philanthropy before entering public service, In 2009 he became special adviser to his father who was then the governor of Riyadh, before heading his court from 2013 after Salman was named crown prince. In April last year Prince Mohammad became a state minister and cabinet member, before his appointment as defence minister and chief of the royal court on January 23 this year.

The exact age of Mohammad is uncertain. A biography from the Saudi embassy does not give his birthdate. Analysts and local media have reported various ages but none higher than 35.

lucymae88 04-27-2015 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imanmajed (Post 1772298)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman newly appointed Saudi Defense Minister. Prince Mohammad, part of a new generation of Saudi rulers, also heads the royal court, is special adviser to his 79-year-old father and sits on two key political and economic councils and holds positions of immense power.

He had a professional career of 10 years and was active in business and philanthropy before entering public service. In 2009 he became special adviser to his father who was then the governor of Riyadh, before heading his court from 2013 after Salman was named crown prince. In April last year Prince Mohammad became a state minister and cabinet member, before his appointment as defence minister and chief of the royal court on January 23 this year.

The exact age of Mohammad is uncertain. A biography from the Saudi embassy does not give his birthdate. Analysts and local media have reported various ages but none higher than 35.

Thanks for the info Imanmajed :flowers:

dazzling 04-28-2015 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucymae88 (Post 1771651)
Does anyone know anything about Prince Mohammad Bin Salman?? I have been seen a lot about him in the news. I wonder if he will be the next King of Saudi Arabia, it seems like his the power behind his father King Salman. They say his somewhere in his early 30's.

It's said he is in his mid 30's. Married and has two kids (a boy and a girl). His wife is not royalty but she is a Saudi.

lucymae88 04-28-2015 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1772658)
It's said he is in his mid 30's. Married and has two kids (a boy and a girl). His wife is not royalty but she is a Saudi.

He was born July 24 1980 and is 34 years old if it's right. His wife is Sara bint abdulaziz Al Saud.

dazzling 04-29-2015 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucymae88 (Post 1772839)
He was born July 24 1980 and is 34 years old if it's right. His wife is Sara bint abdulaziz Al Saud.

Where did you read that? I am curious :smile: Th one article that mentioned his wife said she was not royalty.

Imanmajed 04-29-2015 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucymae88 (Post 1772387)
Thanks for the info Imanmajed :flowers:

Prince Mohammed bin Salman today was appointed new deputy crown prince also. As deputy crown prince, he is regarded as second in line to the throne.

Mademoiselle Lilo 04-29-2015 06:42 PM

it"s great to see new accesses to the power in SA,i think it's very important.

lucymae88 04-29-2015 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1772873)
Where did you read that? I am curious :smile: Th one article that mentioned his wife said she was not royalty.

Since he has took on more power and in the news Wikipedia has finally updated information on him. You can google him and the information should pop up. His wife is from the royal family and she is Sara bint Mashoor bin Abdulaziz Al Saud. :flowers: I think it's about time some new people got access to power in Saudi Arabia too Mademoiselle Lilo, I think it will greatly benefit the people of Saudi Arabia.

Al_bina 04-29-2015 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imanmajed (Post 1773212)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman today was appointed new deputy crown prince also. As deputy crown prince, he is regarded as second in line to the throne.

Thanks for the information!
A rather sudden reshuffle is an interesting development. Prince Mohammed bin Salma is the second in the line of succession. It may indicate that King Salman moves his bloodline close to the throne.

King Salman changed the succession line. Tengrinews.kz

King Salman also ordered to give away 110 billion SAR ($30 billion) to people in the form of pay increases, bonuses, and annulments of bank debts.

Ceallach 04-30-2015 01:59 AM

The shuffle was a good day for some but not for others.

"Meanwhile, the most senior woman in the Saudi government, Nora al-Fayez, has been removed as deputy education minister for girls, a post she had held since 2009.

She had sought to introduce sports programmes for girls in state-run schools, something opposed by religious conservatives."

Saudi Arabia's king announces new heirs to throne - BBC News

Rossina 04-30-2015 02:11 AM

It's a great & big change in the history of the Al Sauds. Prince Mohammad bin Salman the new deputy is only 34 years old. Now officially non of the founders sons is on succession line after king Salman.

lucymae88 05-02-2015 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rossina (Post 1773376)
It's a great & big change in the history of the Al Sauds. Prince Mohammad bin Salman the new deputy is only 34 years old. Now officially non of the founders sons is on succession line after king Salman.

Hopefully now we'll start seen some major changes politically in Saudi Arabia.

dubainlion 06-24-2015 08:37 PM

Can someone give me information on Prince Saad bin Abdualla. I know the Saudi royals are very private but i'm curious about him. Is he married, engaged, etc? How old is he really? He seems really quiet, shy, very reserved is he really like this in real life. Thanks in advance.

sana 06-28-2015 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubainlion (Post 1795749)
Can someone give me information on Prince Saad bin Abdualla. I know the Saudi royals are very private but i'm curious about him. Is he married, engaged, etc? How old is he really? He seems really quiet, shy, very reserved is he really like this in real life. Thanks in advance.

He is the older son of princess Dr.Malekah AlJarba . brother for princess Sahab and prince Saltan
His wife is Nora bint Saad Alsaud , I think they have baby boy.

dubainlion 06-28-2015 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sana (Post 1796615)
He is the older son of princess Dr.Malekah AlJarba . brother for princess Sahab and prince Saltan
His wife is Nora bint Saad Alsaud , I think they have baby boy.

Are you sure he's married? Sahab's sons are beautiful. Sultan is very handsome. Thanks

snapcrackle 07-03-2015 10:02 AM

does anyone know anything on prince Mansour bin Abdullah the late kings son,?

Imanmajed 07-06-2015 04:51 PM

Prince Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz bin Missaed bin Jalawi Al Saud, Governor of the Northern Border Region, died last night.

WAM

Imanmajed 07-08-2015 05:09 AM

The Saudi Royal Court last night announced the death of Prince Ahmed bin Saud bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud.

WAM

Imanmajed 07-09-2015 05:21 PM

Saudi Arabia’s former foreign minister Prince Saud bin Faisal bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud died on Thursday at the age of 75, according to state-owned media and government officials. He was described as the world's longest-serving foreign minister (1975-2015).

article

dubainlion 07-09-2015 05:49 PM

Why are so many of them dying all of a sudden. Bless his soul. I love all of King Faisal's children.

Mademoiselle Lilo 07-09-2015 07:49 PM

this kind of shocking,i didn't know he is ill or so.
May Allah have his mercy on his soul.

Imanmajed 07-11-2015 05:52 PM

Prince Saud left behind a grand legacy: article

Saudi Arabia buries world’s longest serving foreign minister: article

May his soul rest in peace.

Imanmajed 07-12-2015 06:19 PM

UAE delegation led by Shaikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan performs funeral prayer on soul of Prince Saud Al Faisal

WAM + pictures

shrifia 07-13-2015 10:58 PM

thats sad,he was good at what he was doing.

sandman 09-20-2015 12:36 PM

Lucymae 88 Re: Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz, His wife's name is Sara Bint Mashhour Bin Abdulaziz she is the Second Daughter of Prince Mashhour Bin Abdulaziz and Princess Noura Bint Mohammed Al Kabeer and a truly lovely person:flowers:

madhaahar 10-01-2015 06:33 AM

Prince Nauwaf bin Abdulaziz Al Saud died yesterday.

Imanmajed 11-02-2015 03:29 PM

Prosecutors in Lebanon have charged a Saudi prince and nine other people with drug smuggling, a week after a record seizure at Beirut's airport. The prince was not named, but he and four other Saudis were arrested after two tonnes of Captagon pills were found in cases being loaded on a private jet. The others charged in the case - three Lebanese and two Saudis - are at large.

article

eya 02-28-2016 03:44 AM

Saudi Prince books out 300 seat restaurant for date night with wife overlooking Sydney Harbour | Daily Mail Online

lucymae88 02-28-2016 04:28 AM

I wonder what it cost him to book the whole restaurant for the night?? I bet it wasn't cheap lol.

fandesacs2003 02-28-2016 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucymae88 (Post 1867198)
I wonder what it cost him to book the whole restaurant for the night?? I bet it wasn't cheap lol.

I think he can afford any cost. Who is le lady? Did we see her ? Is she pretty ?

Rossina 02-28-2016 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 (Post 1867218)
I think he can afford any cost. Who is le lady? Did we see her ? Is she pretty ?

According to this article the lady is his new wife. This date is part of their honeymoon.

lucymae88 02-28-2016 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 (Post 1867218)
I think he can afford any cost. Who is le lady? Did we see her ? Is she pretty ?

I wasn't suggesting he couldn't afford it lol. You never see pictures of certain Saudi Princesses. I doubt we'll ever see pictures of her, if she doesn't wish to be photographed. :flowers:

Rossina 03-20-2016 05:37 AM

Saudi Prince Bandar bin Saud bin Abdulaziz dies at age 90
Published March 18th, 2016
Follow > Bandar bin Saud bin Abdulaziz, Royal Court, Saudi Press Agency
According to the Saudi Press Agency, the country's Royal Court has announced the death of Prince Bandar bin Saud bin Abdulaziz, the tenth son of the first monarch of Saudi Arabia, King Abdulaziz.

Prior to his death, he was the eldest surviving member of the ruling branch of the House of Saud.

According Ammon News, the Prince was suffering from numerous illnesses.

Sambo87 04-06-2016 11:54 PM

Does anyone have any info on Prince abdullah bin nasser bin sultan al saud??

Al_bina 10-18-2016 10:13 PM

Saudi Interior Ministry: Death Sentence carried out against Prince Turki bin Saud Al-Kabeer - ASHARQ AL-AWSAT
Quote:

Prince Turki bin Saud bin Turki bin Saud Al-Kabeer, Saudi national, had was served a death sentence in Riyadh on Tuesday after pleading guilty of firing to death Adel bin Sulaiman bin Abdulkareem Al-Mihaimeed, also a Saudi national.

The shooting took place as a result to a group quarrel, a statement by the Ministry of Interior said.

The statement said that security forces were successful in apprehending the royal culprit as investigation. After apprehension the prince was referred to the national General Court which issued a death sentence in retribution. The verdict was supported by the Court of Appeal and later endorsed by the Supreme Court.
A royal order was then issued to execute the courts’ ruling.

Rossina 10-19-2016 05:28 AM

OMG :eek:! I feel sorry for both the prince & his victim families.

Imanmajed 11-12-2016 04:42 AM

Prince Turki bin Abdulaziz Al Saud passed away on Saturday morning.

Blog Real 01-15-2017 12:12 PM

Prince Mohammed bin Faisal bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, one of the sons of King Faisal (1964-1975), died on Saturday.

Felipe VI llega a Arabia Saudí coincidiendo con la muerte de un sobrino del rey Salman

Al_bina 08-16-2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

Three princes – Prince Sultan bin Turki bin Abdulaziz, resident in Geneva and then Massachusetts, Prince Turki bin Bandar of Paris and Saud bin Saif al-Nasr of Milan – have all vanished in the last two years.
A new BBC Arabic documentary screening on Tuesday called Kidnapped! Saudi Arabia’s Missing Princes suggests that all three were abducted on European soil and returned to Riyadh in a systematic attempt by the Saudi authorities to silence high-profile defectors.

Three Saudi Arabian princes critical of the Kingdom have disappeared | The Independent

Saudi Arabia's missing princes - BBC News

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...uctions-emerge

Al_bina 08-17-2017 12:12 PM

Quote:

Saudi Prince Bandar bin Fahd bin Saad bin Abdulrahman Al Saud has passed away, the Saudi Royal Court announced late on Wednesday.

In a statement, the Royal Court said the funeral prayers will be performed on Thursday, August 17, 2017, the official Saudi Press Agency reported.
Saudi prince Bandar bin Fahd dies - Gulf Business

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/region/...d-passes-away-

Al_bina 11-04-2017 09:57 PM

A purge in Saudi Arabia
 
Quote:

Saudi Arabia’s King Salman removed one of the royal family’s most prominent princes from his ministerial role and arrested other royals in a purge that clears any remaining obstacles to his son’s potential ascension to the throne.
Acting on orders from a newly established anti-corruption committee, headed by his son Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Saudi police arrested 11 princes, four ministers and dozens of former ministers, Al Arabiya television said. Other changes announced separately on Saturday included the replacement of the economy minister and a new head for the powerful National Guard.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...t-in-reshuffle
Saudi king sacks top ministers, gives more power to crown prince | Reuters
https://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...nal-Guard.html

Al_bina 11-05-2017 06:09 PM

Saudi Prince Mansour bin Muqrin killed in helicopter crash near Yemen | World | News | Express.co.uk
Quote:

The fatal crash came one day after Saudi Arabia intercepted a ballistic missile fired by Yemen rebels in the wartorn country.
This evening, local media repeated the prince and everyone else on the aircraft died in the helicopter crash.
They had been taking a tour of an area near the Asir coast when the aircraft went down.
https://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...ter-crash.html

Countessmeout 11-05-2017 11:14 PM

I just saw this on my news feed. His father is the youngest living son of King Abdulaziz (son of his 18th wife). He was married to a cousin of sorts. His wife was a granddaughter of King Fawd (the much older half brother of his dad).

carlota 11-06-2017 04:27 AM

this sounds like a 'real life' game of thrones!
how reliable is really the succession line in arab countries such as saudi? it seems that with any new king, we get a new crown prince of their choosing. reality is that it seems to be arbritrary (he who is the crown prince at the time of the death of the monarch gets to be king)...

Al_bina 11-06-2017 04:58 PM

Quote:

Former FBI special agent Ali H. Soufan has confirmed that Prince Abdul Aziz bin Fahd has been killed during an attempt by the authorities to arrest him as part of Crown Prince Muhammad bin Salman’s great purge of the Saudi elites. He died when his security contingent got into a firefight with regime gunmen attempting to make an arrest.
Saudi Prince Abdul Aziz bin Fahd, a business partner of former Lebanese PM Hariri, dies during arrest

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota (Post 2034625)
this sounds like a 'real life' game of thrones!
how reliable is really the succession line in arab countries such as saudi? it seems that with any new king, we get a new crown prince of their choosing. reality is that it seems to be arbritrary (he who is the crown prince at the time of the death of the monarch gets to be king)...

It is a rather usual way to secure the throne. It has been my understanding that King Salman decided to do away with the agnatic primogeniture and move the succession line in his immediate family. That is why King Salman's son is named Crown Prince, and King Salman's other sons/allies occupy various important positions in the Saudi government/military. Corruption is a convenient excuse to reduce multitude of Princes in the family.

Al_bina 11-15-2017 11:02 PM

The inside story of the Saudi night of long knives | Asia Times
Quote:

A top Middle East business/investment source who has been doing deals for decades with the opaque House of Saud offers much-needed perspective: “This is more serious than it appears. The arrest of the two sons of previous King Abdullah, Princes Miteb and Turki, was a fatal mistake. This now endangers the King himself. It was only the regard for the King that protected MBS. There are many left in the army against MBS and they are enraged at the arrest of their commanders.”
Saudi Crown Prince poised to take over as King: sources | Asia Times
Quote:

The Saudi “anti-corruption” crackdown led by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman (MBS), which initially netted 11 princes and a few dozen ministers and former ministers, has caught up with hundreds of businessmen, who are being detained in the luxurious Ritz Carlton and other hotels in Riyadh. The Wall Street Journal reports the Crown Prince is targeting an astonishing $800 BILLION in assets believed to be held in 1,700 frozen bank accounts.

The latest speculation, to which we give substantial credence, is that the Crown Prince will top up his coup by having himself crowned King “in a matter of days,” according to our sources. Al-Arabiya, the Saudi-owned pan-Arab television news channel, posted on Twitter on Wednesday that the abdication may be imminent but then deleted the post.
16 November 2017
Saudi Arabia king set to hand over the crown to his son | Daily Mail Online
Quote:

The King of Saudi Arabia plans to step down and announce his son as his successor next week, a source close to the country's royal family has exclusively told DailyMail.com.
The move is seen as the final step in 32-year-old Prince Mohammed bin Salman's power grab, which began earlier this month with the arrests of more than 40 princes and government ministers in a corruption probe.
The source said King Salman will continue only as a ceremonial figurehead, handing over official leadership of the country to his son - often referred to as MBS.

'Unless something dramatic happens, King Salman will announce the appointment of MBS as King of Saudi Arabia next week,' said the source.

Rossina 11-29-2017 05:21 AM

Senior Saudi prince freed in $1 billion settlement agreement: official

DUBAI (Reuters) - Senior Saudi Prince Miteb bin Abdullah, once seen as a leading contender to the throne, was freed after reaching an “acceptable settlement agreement” with authorities paying more than $1 billion, a Saudi official said on Wednesday.

Al khansae 12-04-2017 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rossina (Post 2043713)
Senior Saudi prince freed in $1 billion settlement agreement: official

DUBAI (Reuters) - Senior Saudi Prince Miteb bin Abdullah, once seen as a leading contender to the throne, was freed after reaching an “acceptable settlement agreement” with authorities paying more than $1 billion, a Saudi official said on Wednesday.

what kind of war against corruption is that?:ermm:
pay and go free:whistling:

sana 12-05-2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al khansae (Post 2047023)
what kind of war against corruption is that?:ermm:
pay and go free:whistling:

yes it is :sad:

Rossina 01-02-2018 01:27 AM

EXCLUSIVE: Senior Saudi royal on hunger strike over purge

Prince Talal bin Abdulaziz, the father of Alwaleed bin Talal and first progressive reformer in the House of Saud, has gone on a hunger strike in protest at the purge being carried out by his nephew Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and the detention of three of his own sons.

The 86-year-old prince, who is the half brother of King Salman, stopped eating on 10 November, shortly after his first son, Alwaleed, was arrested on 4 November, and has lost 10 kilos in one month.

Last week, a feeding tube was inserted into him, but his condition at the King Faisal Hospital in Riyadh remains weak, according to several people who have visited him

Rossina 01-06-2018 05:36 AM

Eleven Saudi princes detained following protest: media

RIYADH (Reuters) - Saudi authorities have detained 11 princes after they gathered at a royal palace in Riyadh in a rare protest against austerity measures that included suspending payment of their utility bills, Saudi media reported on Saturday.

Saudi officials did not respond immediately to a request for a comment on the report.

Saudi Arabia, the world’s top oil exporter, has introduced reforms that included cutting subsidies, introducing value added tax (VAT) and cutting perks to royal family members to try to cope with a drop in crude prices that has caused a budget deficit estimated at 195 billion riyals in 2018.

Al_bina 01-06-2018 06:08 PM

The current developments are unfortunate. Feuds within the royal family can spill over into the whole kingdom.

irish_royalist 01-09-2018 04:05 PM

This may be interesting :

BBC Two - House of Saud: A Family at War, Series 1, Episode 1

M. Payton 01-10-2018 01:34 AM

Interesting and Thank you for the news article!

iceflower 05-10-2018 05:11 PM

.

Prince Sultan bin Salman bin Abdulaziz as Head of the Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage met with Crown Prince Naruhito at Togu Palace in Tokyo today, May 10:


** Pic **

iceflower 06-20-2018 04:43 PM

.

Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman bin Abdulaziz attended the 7th Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) International Seminar in Vienna, Austria today, June 20:


** Pic **

iceflower 06-24-2018 04:59 PM

.

As Head of the Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage Prince Sultan bin Salman bin Abdel-Aziz attended the opening ceremony of the UNESCO World Heritage Committee meeting in Manama today, June 24:


** Pic **

Rossina 11-05-2018 05:23 AM

Authorities in Saudi Arabia have released Prince Khaled Bin Talal, the brother of billionaire Prince Al-Waleed who was in detention for 11 months. Princess Rima bint Talal shared a photo for her brother visiting his son following his release:
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/04/m...ntl/index.html

https://twitter.com/Rima_Talal/statu...25021536915456

One year since Prince Al-Waleed was imprisoned by Saudi crown prince. Prince Al-Waleed speaks out about the murder of Khashoggi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdPHFaWFCK4

Obsessivelizzy 11-16-2018 10:03 AM

Is this true about Mbs? That he beats his wife?
https://www.gulfinstitute.org/report...olence-emerge/

Rossina 12-22-2018 01:13 PM

Prince Talal bin Abdulaziz, long-time Saudi political reformer, has died
RIYADH (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia’s Prince Talal bin Abdulaziz, father of billionaire investor Alwaleed bin Talal and a vocal supporter of reform in the ruling al-Saud family, has died, family members and Saudi media said on twitter posts on Saturday.

Mademoiselle Lilo 12-23-2018 05:53 PM

:previous:
sad news may he rest in peace
how many of Abdulaziz Al Saud sons are still alive?

iceflower 03-27-2019 07:35 AM

.

Prince Faisal bin Farhan al Saud, the new ambassador of Saudi Arabia to Germany, was received by Germany's Federal President Frank-Walter Steinmeier at Bellevue Castle in Berlin today, March 27:


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Mademoiselle Lilo 08-02-2019 06:09 PM

New Zealand Ambassador to Saudi Arabia James Munro Personally thanked His Royal Highness Prince Alwaleed Bin talal Al Saud of Saudi Arabia for his Generous donation towards the victims of the #ChristchurchTerrorAttack.
Last March the prince Announced Via His Foundation that he will donate a Million Dollars to the Victims of the terrorist attack on two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0rMIWbhPju/

iceflower 11-20-2019 04:59 PM

Prince Khalid bin Sultan Al-Abdullah Al-Faisal attended the official presentation of the 2020 Dakar Rally, in Paris today, November 20:


** Pic **

iceflower 11-22-2019 04:09 PM

.

Prince Faisal bin Farhan attended the G20 Foreign Ministers meeting in Nagoya, Japan, on November 22:


** Pic **

iceflower 12-16-2019 03:56 PM

Prince Abdulaziz bin Turki al-Saud, President of Saudi Arabia's General Sports Authority, participated in a press conference about the upcoming Dakar Saudi Arabia 2020 rally in Qiddiya, today, December 16:



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

iceflower 01-24-2020 04:27 PM

Prince Faisal bin Farhan met Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Dendias in Athens today, January 24:



** Pic **

iceflower 01-30-2020 07:21 AM

Prince Faisal bin Farhan met Bulgarian Foreign Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva in Sofia, Bulgaria, yesterday, January 29:



** Pic **

iceflower 02-13-2020 06:54 AM

Prince Faisal bin Farhan had a meeting with U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo at the State Department in Washington yesterday, February 12:



** Pic **

iceflower 02-21-2020 08:25 AM

Prince Faisal bin Farhan held talks with Heiko Maas, German Federal Minister of Foreign Affairs, in Berlin, Germany, today February 21:


** Pic **

iceflower 02-24-2020 09:35 AM

Prince Faisal bin Farhan spoke during the High-Level Segment of the 43rd session of the Human Rights Council at the European headquarters of the United Nations (UNOG) in Geneva, Switzerland, today, February 24:



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

iceflower 03-05-2020 07:51 AM

Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman Al Saud attended the 178th Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) meeting in Vienna, Austria today, March 5:



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

iceflower 03-06-2020 07:18 AM

Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman Al Saud attended the 178th Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) meeting in Vienna, Austria again today, March 6:


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Rossina 03-06-2020 07:00 PM

Three Senior Members of the Saudi Royal Family Are Arrested

Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman of Saudi Arabia has detained one of the most senior members of the royal family, a former crown prince and a royal cousin for unexplained reasons, a relative and a person close to the royal family said Friday.

Al_bina 03-07-2020 05:27 PM

The development is not surprising. Rumours run wild and rife ... This arrest will exacerbate the already tense relationships between the various factions in the royal family.

Tatiana Maria 03-07-2020 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rossina (Post 2298783)
Three Senior Members of the Saudi Royal Family Are Arrested

Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman of Saudi Arabia has detained one of the most senior members of the royal family, a former crown prince and a royal cousin for unexplained reasons, a relative and a person close to the royal family said Friday.

Is the New York Times article suggesting that the princes' arrest may be a maneuver to distract from criticism of the Crown Prince and the stagnating economy?

Friedrich Karl II 03-08-2020 01:22 AM

Not so big surprise. The crown prince seemingly is securing his positions before him becomes king which might happen soon. And there will be surely further purges on royal family and among such officials who could oppose power of future king.

Countessmeout 03-08-2020 03:14 AM

A 4th prince is being reported having been arrested now

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...bbf_story.html

The original three:
-the king's only living full brother Ahmed bin Abdulaziz
-former crown prince Mohammed bin Nayef
-Mohamed's half brother Nawwaf bin Nayef

and now on Saturday we have the arrest of Nayef bin Ahmed, one of Ahmed's sons. He is a colonel in the army.

Reports are saying even though only 4 are named, up to 20 princes have been arrested in this newest purge. Ahmed's son was the highest ranking military officer arrested.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/e...i-crown-prince

Tatiana Maria 03-09-2020 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 2299115)
A 4th prince is being reported having been arrested now

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...bbf_story.html

The original three:
-the king's only living full brother Ahmed bin Abdulaziz
-former crown prince Mohammed bin Nayef
-Mohamed's half brother Nawwaf bin Nayef

and now on Saturday we have the arrest of Nayef bin Ahmed, one of Ahmed's sons. He is a colonel in the army.

Reports are saying even though only 4 are named, up to 20 princes have been arrested in this newest purge. Ahmed's son was the highest ranking military officer arrested.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/e...i-crown-prince

Thank you for posting these articles. It is disquieting that even the most influential members of the crown prince's own family are no longer spared; the "assurances of safety" he gave apparently meant very little.

Duc_et_Pair 03-09-2020 10:53 AM

From The Guardian:

A former senior diplomat, well versed in Saudi palace intrigue, said the latest purge appeared to be part of a systematic approach to eliminating dissent as Prince Mohammed’s ascension drew near.

Using an Arabic term, “Bani”, to suggest “tribe”, he said: “So he’s gone for the Bani Abdullah, the Bani Fahd and the Bani Sultan. Now it’s the Bani Nayef. There’s still a son of Saud bin Nayef [Mohammed bin Nayef’s brother] at the General Intelligence Presidency. He’ll have to go, too."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...reason-arrests

Biri 08-10-2020 05:12 PM

Prince Waleed Bin Badr Bin Saud Al Saud is currently in intensive care unit suffering from coronavirus:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDt6Zb8puku/

Tatiana Maria 08-10-2020 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 2299375)
From The Guardian:

A former senior diplomat, well versed in Saudi palace intrigue, said the latest purge appeared to be part of a systematic approach to eliminating dissent as Prince Mohammed’s ascension drew near.

Using an Arabic term, “Bani”, to suggest “tribe”, he said: “So he’s gone for the Bani Abdullah, the Bani Fahd and the Bani Sultan. Now it’s the Bani Nayef. There’s still a son of Saud bin Nayef [Mohammed bin Nayef’s brother] at the General Intelligence Presidency. He’ll have to go, too."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...reason-arrests

The contrasting tone of the linked article on the crown prince's crackdown on allegedly corrupt businessmen was interesting.

eya 09-04-2020 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biri (Post 2333958)
Prince Waleed Bin Badr Bin Saud Al Saud is currently in intensive care unit suffering from coronavirus:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDt6Zb8puku/

Prince Waleed bin Badr Al Saud tweeted: “I have passed the critical stage some time ago.”

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EhC0TsVU...pg&name=medium

iceflower 10-14-2020 12:39 PM

Prince Faisal bin Farhan held talks with US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in Washington DC today, October 14:


** Pic ** rex gallery **

Susan D 10-14-2020 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 2348566)
Prince Faisal bin Farhan held talks with US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in Washington DC today, October 14:


** Pic ** rex gallery **

The meeting looks tense; it doesn't look good.

iceflower 10-16-2020 04:30 PM

Prince Faisal bin Farhan met with Portuguese Foreign Minister Augusto Santos Silva in Lisbon, Portugal, today, October 16:


** rex gallery **


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises