The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/)
-   -   The Duchess of Cambridge as Patron of Action on Addiction (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/the-duchess-of-cambridge-as-patron-of-action-on-addiction-37824.html)

Mermaid1962 02-20-2012 04:17 PM

I don't remember anything like that either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess of Durham (Post 1372774)
I don't recall Catherine ever "falling out of nightclubs shortly before dawn".

agami.pearl 02-20-2012 04:25 PM

I remember, few times she partied long hours with William and he was visibly drunk. Harry is not only one who likes good fun.

Kataryn 02-20-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agami.pearl (Post 1372858)
I remember, few times she partied long hours with William and he was visibly drunk. Harry is not only one who likes good fun.

Okay, Catherine never danced on the table like some other HRH reportedly did but she and William had been out till the small hours and both looked a little bit worse for wear... I guess these times are over now...

XeniaCasaraghi 02-20-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinrit (Post 1372759)
:previous: He's a family member, of course he's allowed around the family. I'm sure they love him. Families don't just throw away relatives because they have a problem.

Thank you! I don't know what is with this idea that her uncle should just be ostracized and ignored now that she is a Duchess. We don't know much about their relationship, perhaps despite his faults he is loving towards his family. And I could have sworn that he has been behaving well since the incident years ago when he talked to the press.

HRHHermione 02-20-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi (Post 1372876)
Thank you! I don't know what is with this idea that her uncle should just be ostracized and ignored now that she is a Duchess. We don't know much about their relationship, perhaps despite his faults he is loving towards his family.

Plus... what did he really do that was so wrong? At this point, it's well known that News of the World set out to deliberately entrap people and make them look bad to sell papers. In fact, their tactics were so dishonest and such bad journalism that they were forced out of business and many people associated with them are under investigation.

At the very worst, we saw him buying cocaine (which is bad, but we already knew he was an addict- he's honest about his struggles with addiction) and we saw him talking about his royal connections in what he assumed was complete privacy, and probably while he was under the influence.

The man's an addict, and that's sad and tragic, but he hasn't really done anything to merit the level of disdain directed towards him. In fact, he's been a very successful businessman and by all appearances, he has a good relationship with his family as long as he's clean and sober.

I don't see why it would be a bad thing for the Duchess to talk to him about his battles with addiction and use that has her personal inspiration for helping others struggling with the same illness.

Osipi 02-20-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHHermione (Post 1372880)
I don't see why it would be a bad thing for the Duchess to talk to him about his battles with addiction and use that has her personal inspiration for helping others struggling with the same illness.

One thing very important to a recovering addict too is to have the love and support of family. With Kate seriously taking on this issue, it shows her uncle that he's definitely not alone and on the other hand, perhaps it shows those that she reaches out to that addiction has affected her life personally and she's with them in the struggle and not just an outsider looking in.

XeniaCasaraghi 02-20-2012 07:33 PM

BTW I agree HRHHermione, that Uncle George has never done anything that deserves the treatment he gets from some. It sometimes seems that he is just used by people to continue to drag Kate down and paint her as being "lower" than the station she has married into; and that her and her family are social climbers.

grevinnan 02-20-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kataryn (Post 1372865)
Okay, Catherine never danced on the table like some other HRH reportedly did but she and William had been out till the small hours and both looked a little bit worse for wear... I guess these times are over now...

Nightclubs are by definition places to go for fun and dancing until the small hours. I hope they still find the time to go out with friends and have a good time - away from cameras and prying eyes.

MARG 02-21-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grevinnan (Post 1372968)
Nightclubs are by definition places to go for fun and dancing until the small hours. I hope they still find the time to go out with friends and have a good time - away from cameras and prying eyes.

I think they were thinking more of the "wee small hours" and "looking a little bit worse for wear". Perhaps they hope for a new "family" focused Cambridge couple. :biggrin:

Dman 10-17-2012 06:01 AM

In her recent tour of the north-east, the Duchess of Cambridge met members of M-PACT, a project helping families affected by addiction. Olivia Parker looks at their ground-breaking work:
Duchess of Cambridge gives addiction charity royal support - Telegraph

ghost_night554 10-17-2012 11:51 AM

Duchess of Cambridge gives addiction charity royal support - Telegraph

Dman 11-01-2012 07:33 PM

Action on Addiction becomes benefitting charity for 100 Women in Hedge Funds in 2013:
Action on Addiction - News and Publications

Lumutqueen 02-05-2013 07:35 AM

@SkyNewsRoyal: #royal #Kate fans, finally a date for your diary! February 19, Duchess will visit an Action on Addiction project - your waiting is over!!

@SkyNewsRoyal: #royal #Kate will meet clients and staff at Hope House, a 23-bed residential treatment centre. #backtowork

@SkyNewsRoyal: #royal #Kate will be around 19 weeks into her pregnancy on her next engagement - nearly half way!

@RegalEyes: The Duchess of Cambridge will visit Hope House , Action on Addiction in London Tues 19th Feb.

hkittybaby 02-05-2013 07:41 AM

Finally back!

Kate Debate@RoyalKateDebate
Hope House helps women recovering from drug and substance abuse #kate

More info here:
Action on Addiction - Hope House Treatment Centre

Princess Luna 02-05-2013 07:49 AM

Can`t wait to see Catherine again :smile:

Dman 02-05-2013 10:52 AM

Kate Back To Duties As Pregnancy Progresses:
Kate Back To Duties As Pregnancy Progresses

julliette 02-18-2013 02:03 PM

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal #Kate back to public engagements tomorrow in Clapham visiting @ActionAddiction project Hope House - I'll be there, nice and early...

Paul Harrison
‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal #Kate's visit tomorrow to @ActionAddiction will focus on women who are working to fight their dependency on substances

ghost_night554 02-19-2013 03:48 AM

here we go....
Stacey Winter ‏@castiels_angel So it's basically just me. @clace87 and the press waiting to see Kate Middleton.
Stacey Winter ‏@castiels_angel
@RoyalKateDebate Hey! Will do, it's all Paparazzi and us. pic.twitter.com/xkJJ8uhz

Stacey Winter ‏@castiels_angel @RoyalKateDebate There's talk here of her getting here 9.30/10 but I don't think they know really.

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror Off to Hope House this morning where Kate is making her first public appearance in weeks #bumpwatch

phil dampier ‏@phildampier
#kate Duchess of Cambridge at Action on Addiction this morning.
#mantel #kate Can't be assed to tweet on @hilarymantel - just playing into her PR's hands!

georgina brewer ‏@Georginaitv Furious rush for press pen as it opens ahead of #Kate event in South London today pic.twitter.com/bNCkKx7G

georgina brewer ‏@Georginaitv Loud cries of 'don't touch my ladder' coming from over the wall in the press pen.... Tension mounts! #kate #duchess
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes Sunny but cold morning here at Hope House where the Duchess of Cambridge will visit. Feels like coat weather to me. pic.twitter.com/G7I4pJIR

Clace & Stace ‏@claceNstace @RoyalKateDebate only a small gathering of Kate's fans and more press at Hope House:-)

I'm feeling super sick and it's so late she better hurry up!

I need sleep please someone take over, I've been told prob less then an hr till she arrives so could be 10 mins or could be 30 or more. I'll catch up in the morn. Night all

liv 02-19-2013 06:03 AM

Kate Debate ‏@RoyalKateDebate@WatchingWindsor @HRHCambridge half an hr or less...

Visit starts 11.30 GMT

Kate is wearing gray dress and showing some bump

Marika86 02-19-2013 06:34 AM

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter The Duchess of Cambridge has arrived at Hope House in London. She's in a grey dress.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter Not much sign of a bump there. Very slight. It's. grey and white patterned wrap dress, I'd say.

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror Kate arrives at Hope House in Clapham looking fab https://yfrog.com/oemrrpjzj

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal #Kate arrives at Hope House an @ActionAddiction project in Clapham - Max Mara dress pic.twitter.com/yZNtWBtk