The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 6: November 2014 - March 2017 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/crown-princess-victorias-eveningwear-part-6-november-2014-march-2017-a-37702.html)

dazzling 06-12-2015 05:40 PM

I thought the dress was boring and a dull color, there is nothing special about the dress. Nevertheless, Victoria's hairdo and make up was nice.

hernameispekka 06-12-2015 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1789689)
I thought the dress was boring and a dull color, there is nothing special about the dress. Nevertheless, Victoria's hairdo and make up was nice.

I think the "dull" colour is prettier in real life. Plus, both Madeleine and Victoria had white and silver at each others night-before-wedding dinners plus Madeleine in a white-ish dress today. I think they do it on purpose to be neutral and let the spotlight be on the bride.

Kingen 06-12-2015 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty91charmed (Post 1789574)
I don't hate it but also don't particularly love it... it is a bit meh... and it does her no favour...

I kind off want to love this, but there is something that makes me feel meh. I think we have seen this before, so many times and the colour is quite boring and dull. But I guess it's nice dress otherwise and smashing outfit overall with the hair.

Frelinghighness 06-12-2015 09:48 PM

Really took my breath away. Nice twenties vibe to it. She can wear such fabrics with her fit figure. Love her hairdo

Lady Nimue 06-12-2015 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarahbellar (Post 1789430)
Tonight Victoria is wearing Jenny Packham. Swedish Royal Clothing ID's: Pre Wedding Dinner

Tip-top! A very nice dress. :flowers: Though I find that if I were to choose I would choose the white version on the model. It's a seriously nice dress. Really fine.

Duc_et_Pair 06-13-2015 04:34 AM

Crown Princess Victoria made a little faux-pas during the diner on the eve of the wedding. She wore (a big, clunky) horloge with the rest of her outfits. Ladies are supposed not to wear horloges for evening events.

Look at all the other ladies: Sofia, the Queen, the Princesses, the Hellqvist family, the foreign guests, none of them sported horloges with their evening gowns.

Some of them, especially Princess Birgitta of Sweden and Princess Ursula von Bayern wore sparkling bracelets (I think the one by Princess Ursula was with a horloge hidden in the bracelet). So Princess Victoria looked great, minus the horloge... It surprised me because Princes Victoria usually has eye for detail.

Marty91charmed 06-13-2015 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingen (Post 1789721)
I kind off want to love this, but there is something that makes me feel meh. I think we have seen this before, so many times and the colour is quite boring and dull. But I guess it's nice dress otherwise and smashing outfit overall with the hair.

I agree... The shape and dress itself is pretty but that pattern has already been seen and the color is boring:flowers:

MARG 06-13-2015 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 1789859)
Crown Princess Victoria made a little faux-pas during the diner on the eve of the wedding. She wore (a big, clunky) horloge with the rest of her outfits. Ladies are supposed not to wear horloges for evening events.

Look at all the other ladies: Sofia, the Queen, the Princesses, the Hellqvist family, the foreign guests, none of them sported horloges with their evening gowns.

Some of them, especially Princess Birgitta of Sweden and Princess Ursula von Bayern wore sparkling bracelets (I think the one by Princess Ursula was with a horloge hidden in the bracelet). So Princess Victoria looked great, minus the horloge... It surprised me because Princes Victoria usually has eye for detail.

Are you saying that ladies are not supposed to wear a watch with eveningwear, let alone a large watch.

I know in these days of cellphones that is what most use for telling the time but, to be honest, I can't say that I have seen Victoria waving one of those around either.

Valerie Rose 06-13-2015 10:03 AM

Etiquette has always been not to wear a watch, to avoid giving the impression that one needs to know the time because one has an appointment elsewhere, or is finding time dragging and would prefer to be somewhere else. :flowers:

roseroyal 06-13-2015 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1789509)
This one of Victoria's best looks ever, the Jenny Packham dresses really suit her. It is regal and she looks marvellous in it. And great thing is that she didn't ruin the look with too much jewellery. Good hairdo crowns the look.
https://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/D...8noATGeclx.jpg
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Dislike the dress.

Josefine 06-15-2015 03:21 AM

i like her dress at the wedding
it fekt light and not so heavy

LadyFinn 08-21-2015 01:38 PM

Victoria this evening at Radio Sweden's 90th anniversary celebrations in Berwaldhallen. She looks just gorgeous in this fantastic skirt from Baum und Pferdgarten. The top suits well with the dress and her shoes are fantastic
https://media.shootitlive.com/WsNUR48...expressen/2006
https://media.shootitlive.com/3IOvQRP...expressen/2006
https://media.shootitlive.com/YjskQ3A...expressen/2006
When I saw this skirt last week in Svensk Damtidning's fashion section, I thought right away that it would look gorgeous on Victoria.
SASHENKA , Silver Flower | www.baumundpferdgarten.com @trimit

IloveCP 08-21-2015 01:49 PM

I love the look. She looks very elegant and regal. The skirt is especially lovely.

Honeybees 08-21-2015 04:28 PM

I loved the Jenny Pecham dress, even if it was very reminscent of one The Duchess of Cambridge wore. I believe she did not wear white as a courtesy to the bride and I on the whole like her style but that is only my opinion. I love the way she and her husband look happy together most of all.

Duke of Marmalade 08-22-2015 12:59 AM

I love the blouse. The skirt is pretty but has a very odd length that makes it look matronly.
The shoes are ugly.

eya 08-22-2015 01:30 AM

I like only the blouse. The rest don't flattering.

princess maggie 08-22-2015 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eya (Post 1812205)
I like only the blouse. The rest don't flattering.

I love the skirt and dislike the blouse. I am not a fan of black. I don't recall CPV wearing black a lot!

eya 08-22-2015 03:33 AM

:previous: Princess maggie i take the blouse and you the skirt. But what happen with shoes? :lol:

Florestane 08-22-2015 07:46 AM

I think she looks fabulous - love the skirt.

Marty91charmed 08-22-2015 08:06 AM

I would not wear that ensemble, but it looked particularly good on Victoria... I noticed that she often wear that knd of shape and style of skirts when attendind evening events!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises