The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/)
-   -   The Duke of Sussex and The Invictus Games: 2014 and 2016-2018, 2020 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/the-duke-of-sussex-and-the-invictus-games-2014-and-2016-2018-2020-a-37435.html)

theroyalfly 06-29-2019 12:22 PM

Their Royal Highnesses meet the @RedSox and the @Yankees and receive gifts for baby Archie! #LondonSeries

https://twitter.com/WeAreInvictus/st...02243176968192

theroyalfly 06-29-2019 12:26 PM

Their Royal Highnesses at London Series. (Meghan is back!!!!!)

https://twitter.com/WeAreInvictus/st...02243176968192

Pranter 06-29-2019 12:28 PM

So nice to see them out tonight at a charity event!!


LaRae

Pranter 06-29-2019 12:35 PM

https://twitter.com/defendmm/status/1145003890573811712


Nice pic

theroyalfly 06-29-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2235166)
So nice to see them out tonight at a charity event!!


LaRae

The both look radiant. This one is with Meghan holding one of Archie's presents

https://twitter.com/WeAreInvictus/st...02243176968192

Lumutqueen 06-29-2019 12:44 PM

The Duke of Sussex and The Invictus Games: 2014 and 2016-2018
 
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex attend the Yankees vs Red Sox Baseball match in honour of the Invictus Games in London.

Meghan is accompanied Henry on all of the afternoons engagements.

https://twitter.com/delmody/status/1...649388544?s=21

“Meghan is accompanying Harry for all of today’s activities:
- Meeting the @RedSox and @Yankees in their clubhouses
- A reception with former UK and US @WeAreInvictus competitors
- Accompaning the competitors as they throw out the first pitch
- Watching the #LondonSeries* game!”

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex receive jerseys for baby Archie;
https://twitter.com/delmody/status/1...905540096?s=21

theroyalfly 06-29-2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 2235177)
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex attend the Yankees vs Red Sox Baseball match in honour of the Invictus Games in London.

Meghan is accompanied Henry on all of the afternoons engagements.

https://twitter.com/delmody/status/1...649388544?s=21

“Meghan is accompanying Harry for all of today’s activities:
- Meeting the @RedSox and @Yankees in their clubhouses
- A reception with former UK and US @WeAreInvictus competitors
- Accompaning the competitors as they throw out the first pitch
- Watching the #LondonSeries* game!”

Lovely to see them again.

DuchessMia 06-29-2019 12:46 PM

Archie got mini jerseys from both teams. So cute. Didn’t realize this was an Invictus event.

Pranter 06-29-2019 12:49 PM

https://twitter.com/i/status/1145009104315748354

Sweet video clip!


LaRae

theroyalfly 06-29-2019 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuchessMia (Post 2235182)
Archie got mini jerseys from both teams. So cute. Didn’t realize this was an Invictus event.

Apparently it is. Accdg to Omid, there was a reception that happened for former UK and US Invictus competitors.

Here's a short clip too.

https://twitter.com/m_marakovits/sta...354212864?s=21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2235185)

Here's one more photo with Meghan giggling while holding an Archie shirt. SO CUTE

https://twitter.com/royal_realness/s...495032832?s=21

Zaira 06-29-2019 01:01 PM

The MLB became an official IG partner this year. Big get for IG. Hence why Harry is attending the game (with Meg).

What fun all around! Baseball and some of my favorite royals. Not a bad saturday of royal watching

Osipi 06-29-2019 01:08 PM

How nice to see them out and about and enjoying themselves. Being American, I can imagine that Meghan is no stranger to the "boys of summer" and baseball games.

Its good to see them both there together and enjoying themselves away from the everyday life as new parents. New mothers do need breaks like this sometimes for their own sanity. :biggrin:

I was so happy to hear that MLB has joined the Invictus Games as a partner this year. These games are growing bigger and better and getting more and more support as the years roll by.

This is one of Harry's most successful endeavors and one he cares so deeply about that it must feel like his heart is about to jump out of his chest with pride as these games gain more and more momentum. Gotta love it!

theroyalfly 06-29-2019 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 2235202)
I was so happy to hear that MLB has joined the Invictus Games as a partner this year. These games are growing bigger and better and getting more and more support as the years roll by.

This is one of Harry's most successful endeavors and one he cares so deeply about that it must feel like his heart is about to jump out of his chest with pride as these games gain more and more momentum. Gotta love it!

That's so true. It's lovely that its getting the reception and support it deserves. In 5 years, we can see how it's growing. Kudos to the Duke and the men and women behnd Invictus.

Lumutqueen 06-29-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuchessMia (Post 2235182)
Archie got mini jerseys from both teams. So cute. Didn’t realize this was an Invictus event.



Previous Invictus games competitors from the US and the UK will throw the first ceremonial pitch.

theroyalfly 06-29-2019 01:32 PM

The crowd is cheering

https://twitter.com/lilafowler2017/s...179191809?s=21

iceflower 06-29-2019 01:45 PM

.

Here are more photos and an article about today's event:


** gettyimages: GBR: The Duke Of Sussex Attends The Boston Red Sox VS New York Yankees Baseball Game **


** dm: A league of their own! Meghan shares hugs and laughs with stars of Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees baseball teams as....**

Madame Verseau 06-29-2019 01:52 PM

Nice to see the Sussexes out for this event. I don't think Meghan was expected. A lovely surprise. Omid Scobie was the only royal reporter that tweeted this that I saw (I guess the other RRs were too busy with other things). DM has a big splash.

theroyalfly 06-29-2019 01:55 PM

Omid is a reliable source when it comes to the Sussexes. Meanwhile, here are some photos and clips from the event.

https://twitter.com/mlblondonseries/...349497856?s=21

https://twitter.com/jcrasnick/status...095081474?s=21

jacqui24 06-29-2019 01:58 PM

The Kindom Choir sang the US national anthem today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madame Verseau (Post 2235225)
Nice to see the Sussexes out for this event. I don't think Meghan was expected. A lovely surprise. Omid Scobie was the only royal reporter that tweeted this that I saw (I guess the other RRs were too busy with other things). DM has a big splash.

HELLO had an article out earlier about it. And Emily Nash actually tweeted out the article before Omid wrote the tweet.

Osipi 06-29-2019 02:04 PM

Good point, Rudolph. I'll stick to this thread. :smile:

Another thing that really impresses me with Major League Baseball joining as a partner with the Invictus Games is that it is a clear recognition of the spirit of competition of the Invictus Games in sports as being a legitimate and worth the recognition of being "a league of their own". Perhaps the spirit of the Invictus Games will even rub off on professional teams a wee bit. I think Harry said it best describing the IG and its spirit when he said:

“These Games have shone a spotlight on the ‘unconquerable’ character of servicemen and women, their families and the ‘invictus’ spirit. These Games have been about seeing guys sprinting for the finish line and then turning round to clap the last man in. They have been about teammates choosing to cross the line together, not wanting to come second, but not wanting the other guys to either. These Games have shown the very best of the human spirit.”
HRH The Duke of Sussex, Patron of the Invictus Games Foundation


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022
Jelsoft Enterprises