The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/)
-   -   The Duke of Sussex and The Invictus Games: 2014 and 2016-2018, 2020 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/the-duke-of-sussex-and-the-invictus-games-2014-and-2016-2018-2020-a-37435.html)

Dman 03-06-2014 06:57 AM

The Duke of Sussex and The Invictus Games: 2014 and 2016-2018, 2020

LIBOR funds to support first Invictus Games in London-
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/l...ames-in-london

Prince Harry launches the Invictus Games today, an inspirational sporting event for wounded military personnel pic.twitter.com/Ib5QQLIO5p
Prince Harry is launching an international sporting event called the #invictusgames @invictuslondon at the Olympic Park this morning
Prince Harry joins in with a game of sitting down volleyball at the launch of the Invictus games pic.twitter.com/FCEdOMtfSK
Prince Harry on the Invictus Games in September: It will be wonderful event. So please come pic.twitter.com/16JPaND69n

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKGrY7IPrOU

Dman 03-06-2014 12:34 PM

Video:
Prince Harry has announced that the Warrior Games will be coming to London in September 2014. The Prince attended the Warrior Games in Aspen, Colorado last May, where he took part in the torch lighting ceremony. After the experience, Harry has been trying to bring the games to the UK. Shows: Prince Harry SOT, Philip Hammond, Defence Minister SOT, Captain David Henson SOT. .
Home - ITNSource News

Video:
Prince Harry has spoken about his reasons for wanting to bring the Warrior Games to the UK. He said that it gives the wounded servicemen something to focus on, and also helps to rehabilitate them. Harry attended the Warrior Games in Aspen, Colorado last May-
Home - ITNSource News

Prince Harry will be on tonight's #TheOneShow talking to Matt Baker and @MissAlexjones about @InvictusLondon . pic.twitter.com/iM6CEGwVrH
BBC One The One Show: 7pm Tonight UK Time-
Matt and Alex enjoy an exclusive royal chinwag with Prince Harry, who reveals his plans for an exciting new UK sporting event for injured veterans-
Outside UK Viewers-

julliette 04-29-2014 12:16 PM

Harry attended today the start of the Invictus Games selection process

Prince Harry Pictures - Start Of Invictus Games Selection Process - Zimbio

ladongas 04-29-2014 12:41 PM

Harry looks very Earl Spencer-ish in some of these photos.

Dman 04-29-2014 05:42 PM

Video:
Prince Harry has attended the selection process to be part of the British Armed Forces team at the Invictus Games. The event will be hosted in London, where over 300 wounded and sick service personnel will take part-
Home - ITNSource News

AdmirerUS 04-29-2014 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julliette (Post 1661474)
Harry attended today the start of the Invictus Games selection process

Prince Harry Pictures - Start Of Invictus Games Selection Process - Zimbio

And the poor, gutted thing did not break down into tears once. :cry: Just joshing. I feel for anyone who goes through a breakup in public (or private, for that matter).

AfricanAUSSIE 04-30-2014 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmirerUS (Post 1661615)
And the poor, gutted thing did not break down into tears once. :cry: Just joshing. I feel for anyone who goes through a breakup in public (or private, for that matter).

Hahaha! Well, he either was really not gutted or put on a mighty good show. What a pro!;)

Dman 05-15-2014 09:13 AM

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 4h
Prince Harry's just made a speech, thanking BT after it was announced the telecoms giant is sponsoring this year's Invictus Games.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 3h
"The four days of inspirational sport in September will allow us to highlight and applaud the character of these service men and women..

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 4h
"I hope everyone will show their admiration by snapping up tickets when they go on sale tomorrow morning and cheering from the side lines."

Invictus Games 2014 ‏@InvictusLondon 4h
Hope everyone will get behind #invictusgames. Great opportunity to support and thank the men and women who have given so much. Harry

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 3h
Prince Harry's quite a big fan of Twitter privately so I don't believe that was his first tweet ever but it was his first official one. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0z1nWuVdRQ

AfricanAUSSIE 05-16-2014 01:58 AM

Watching that video I laughed when he took his papers out of his pocket. Was it because he couldn't think of what to type or because he wanted to know how to spell it? hahahaha!:lol:

MARG 05-16-2014 03:16 AM

:previous: Well of course we all know he is stuck for an original thought and of course he doesn't know how to spell . . . his ex nanny sat his Apache training course for him! :biggrin:

Dman 05-21-2014 06:59 PM

Just finished latest Board meeting. Great day of planning for #invictusgames. Only 111 days to go and 16 Wednesdays until they start. Harry

AfricanAUSSIE 05-22-2014 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1666976)
Just finished latest Board meeting. Great day of planning for #invictusgames. Only 111 days to go and 16 Wednesdays until they start. Harry

Did he type that up all by himself? :lol:

Dman 05-30-2014 07:21 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmLJAIQZv_Y

Dman 07-30-2014 11:02 AM

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 23s
BBC Radio 2 #ChrisEvans says tomorrow morning between 8-8.30am he will broadcast an interview with #PrinceHarry on @InvictusLondon

Dman 07-31-2014 08:53 AM

Audio Interview-
HRH Prince Harry chats to Chris Evans:
Chris chats to HRH Prince Harry, Royal Marine Luke Darlington and Lance Corporal 'JJ' Chalmers about the Invictus Games happening in September!
BBC Radio 2 - The Chris Evans Breakfast Show, HRH Prince Harry, HRH Prince Harry chats to Chris Evans

Tiggersk8 08-01-2014 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1691281)
Audio Interview-
HRH Prince Harry chats to Chris Evans:
Chris chats to HRH Prince Harry, Royal Marine Luke Darlington and Lance Corporal 'JJ' Chalmers about the Invictus Games happening in September!
BBC Radio 2 - The Chris Evans Breakfast Show, HRH Prince Harry, HRH Prince Harry chats to Chris Evans

Is this available anywhere else? I keep getting messages it can't be played for various reasons.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Lumutqueen 08-02-2014 04:25 AM

YouTube would be your best bet.

cepe 08-08-2014 11:32 AM

Harry and William made a surprise visit to the Invictus Games trials today. From Twitter

Invictus Games 2014 ‏@InvictusLondon 11 mins
Surprising our #InvictusGames Athletes, the Duke of Cambridge & Prince Harry attend trials. Stay tuned for more... https://t.co/Tp5HffB6vw

roseroyal 08-08-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1693544)
Harry and William made a surprise visit to the Invictus Games trials today. From Twitter

Invictus Games 2014 ‏@InvictusLondon 11 mins
Surprising our #InvictusGames Athletes, the Duke of Cambridge & Prince Harry attend trials. Stay tuned for more... https://t.co/Tp5HffB6vw

That is wonderful! And I love the picture. The 2 brothers doing what they do best- being with others.

cepe 08-08-2014 12:54 PM

More pictures of William and Harry today

Prince William and Prince Harry make surprise appearance at the Invictus Games trials - hellomagazine.com

polyesco 08-08-2014 01:02 PM

and video
The Duke of Cambridge & Prince Harry surprise our hopefuls - YouTube

HRHHermione 08-08-2014 02:31 PM

Oh great! So glad they both turned up. Excellent cause.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Tiggersk8 08-08-2014 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polyesco (Post 1693607)

Excellent and Good Luck to all who are attempting to qualify over the coming days!! :)

roseroyal 08-08-2014 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1693603)

That photo with the 2 brothers and the baby is the best!

HereditaryPrincess 08-10-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

Prince Harry has revealed the 'horrendous' sights he witnessed during his two tours of Afghanistan and explained that the harrowing experience was his inspiration for launching the Invictus Games.
The Royal, a Captain in the Army, regularly flew injured personnel and civilians to the hospital at the Camp Bastion military base during his second tour of the country when he served as an Apache helicopter pilot.
He told how he could close his eyes 'and hundreds of images' would flash through his mind - among them memories of children struck by roadside bombs and of wounded soldiers lying on the battlefield.
Writing in the Sunday Times, he said the question of how to move on from the painful memories - and injuries - of war was one that he had often considered. And shared that he thinks sport might be the answer.
Prince Harry recalls horrors of war as he explains inspiration for Invictus Games | Mail Online

4Pam 08-10-2014 11:52 AM

https://gma.yahoo.com/video/prince-h...135430501.html

Dman 08-13-2014 06:28 AM

Video:
Prince Harry attended the British Armed Forces Team announcement for the Invictus Games at Potters Field Park, London. The 100+ strong team was announced with a photo call at Potters Field ahead of the start of the start of the games on the 10th September. Harry made a speech then posed for photographs with British team members before chatting with the injured ex service personnel-
Home - ITNSource News

Warren 08-19-2014 07:50 AM

Prince Harry urges British team to 'beat everybody else' in Invictus Games - Telegraph
13 August 2014

Prince Harry urges British team to 'beat everybody else' in Invictus Games

The ultra-competitive Prince Harry has urged Britain’s team to “beat everybody else” when they take on other nations’ injured servicemen at the inaugural Invictus Games next month. The 29-year-old Prince spent more than an hour chatting to team members and posing for selfies as the 130-strong team was announced today.

He told them: “Guys and girls, I wish you all the very best of luck in the final weeks of training. We've got four weeks left, let's make sure we're in tip top condition to beat everybody else and bring back as many medals as we possibly can - not forgetting it's the taking part that counts!”

The Paralympics-style Games, which begin on September 10, have been organised by Prince Harry for wounded service personnel from 14 countries, and will be held at the Olympic Park in east London.

Standing in the sunshine next to City Hall on the south bank of the Thames, the Prince had to show his own speed out of the blocks when a gust of wind blew his speech off the lectern. He swiftly retrieved it and told his laughing audience: “No blowing from the left, thank you!” Flanked by cars supplied by the Games sponsor, Jaguar Land Rover, the Prince said: “Prosthetics, dogs, wheelchairs, high-performance cars, 4x4s, tattoos - we've got everything here. It could only be the Invictus Games. These men and women here have achieved so much already but being selected for this team is another significant milestone in their life beyond injury."

L/Cpl Derek Derenalagi, of 2nd Bn, The Mercian Regiment, who competed in the discus event at the London 2012 Paralympics, will throw the discus and shot as well as running in the 100m and 200m on blades. He said: “The Invictus Games is engaging servicemen and women to achieve things that weren’t possible for them to achieve before. Most of my colleagues won’t make it to the Paralympics but the Invictus Games will give them a chance to compete and for the public to thank them for their contribution...To be part of the first Invictus Games is a real honour.”

The 39-year-old married father-of-two, from Hertfordshire, was pronounced dead after losing both legs to an improvised explosive device (IED) in Helmand Province in 2007, but medical staff at Camp Bastion realised he still had a pulse as he was being prepared for a body bag.

Dman 08-21-2014 04:48 PM

BBC to broadcast The Invictus Games-
BBC to broadcast The Invictus Games

Tiggersk8 08-21-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1696719)
BBC to broadcast The Invictus Games-
BBC to broadcast The Invictus Games

Excellent news!! The more exposure for the Games, the better!!

AdmirerUS 08-21-2014 06:47 PM

I'm interested - are there any among us going to the Invictus games? Anyone plan to watch the BBC coverage daily?

Dman 08-28-2014 01:13 PM

Royaltyspeaking @Royal_talk · 4m
Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark will be attending Prince Harry's @InvictusLondon on September 10th and 11th!

polyesco 08-28-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1698072)
Royaltyspeaking @Royal_talk · 4m
Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark will be attending Prince Harry's @InvictusLondon on September 10th and 11th!

This is great news. Denmark is one of the 14 countries participating.
This is not the first time Frederik has been involved with wounded soldiers and their rehabilitation through sports

https://www.sn.dk/modules/xphoto/cach...00_0_0_0_0.jpg

Dman 08-29-2014 08:02 AM

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 3h
#PrinceHarry #ZaraTindall @miketindall13 to play star Exhibition Wheelchair Rugby Match ahead of @InvictusLondon

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 3h
#ZaraTindall: “It’s important to get involved in @InvictusLondon to use the power of sport to inspire recovery and support rehabilitation."

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 4h
Prince Harry, Zara and Mike Tindall, and Olympians Dame Kelly Holmes and Denise Lewis will play in a wheelchair rugby match on Sept 12.

Prince Harry will play in the exhibition match at the Copper Box arena in London's Copper Box arena as part of the Invictus Games.

Zara will be playing wheelchair rugby for the first time. "I'm very excited to be involved," she says.

polyesco 08-29-2014 12:56 PM

Should we have a tread specifically for the Invictus Games?
seeing that CP frederik will atend, and hopefully other royals?

HRH Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark will be attending the Invictus Games in London on September 10-11
together with the Danish Minister of Defence Nicolai Wammen and Chief of Defence, General Peter Bartram.

Frederik is patron ofthe foundation 'Soldaterlegatet' /Soldier's Grant.
"The purpose of the foundation is to support military personnel and civilians of Denmark posted in military missions abroad, and who during missions for the Danish defense suffers physical or psychological harm that fall in war or war-like conditions or who die in some other way.
review benefit purpose of the foundation. "
HRH Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark attending Invictus Games

Dman 08-29-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polyesco (Post 1698236)
Should we have a tread specifically for the Invictus Games?
seeing that CP frederik will atend, and hopefully other royals?

HRH Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark will be attending the Invictus Games in London on September 10-11
together with the Danish Minister of Defence Nicolai Wammen and Chief of Defence, General Peter Bartram.

Frederik is patron ofthe foundation 'Soldaterlegatet' /Soldier's Grant.
"The purpose of the foundation is to support military personnel and civilians of Denmark posted in military missions abroad, and who during missions for the Danish defense suffers physical or psychological harm that fall in war or war-like conditions or who die in some other way.
review benefit purpose of the foundation. "
HRH Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark attending Invictus Games

I think we should.

Dman 09-04-2014 09:08 AM

COMPETITORS RECEIVE MESSAGE OF SUPPORT FOR INVICTUS GAMES FROM CAST OF “FURY” - YouTube

Dman 09-05-2014 09:22 AM

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 1h
Prince Charles, Camilla, William, Kate and Harry will attend the Opening Ceremony of the Invictus Games, at the Olympic Park on Sept 10.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 59m
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will attend a Drumhead Service at Lee Valley Athletics Centre on Sept 11.

roseroyal 09-05-2014 11:25 AM

Looking forward to it!

Dman 09-05-2014 12:46 PM

Zara Phillips discusses her involvement with the Jaguar Land Rover Exhibition Wheelchair Rugby. - YouTube

polyesco 09-05-2014 01:07 PM

Prince Harry will attend all sporting events of the Invictus Games in the coming week, says Kensington Palace.

Prince Charles, Camilla, William, Kate and Harry will attend the opening ceremony of the Invictus Games, the Olympic Park on September 10.

Skippyboo 09-05-2014 06:42 PM

Richard Palmer also mentioned that WK are attending athletics for the Invictus Games on Sept 11 also.

I saw someone on twitter wondering if the Cambridges were trying to piggy back on Harry's Invictus Games for good PR. The Royal Foundation of WK & H put in a 1 million pounds towards the games so WK have a vested interest in supporting the games.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Iluvbertie 09-05-2014 07:12 PM

On other sites, which I won't name here but most people can probably guess, they are always criticising William and Kate for attending events with Harry claiming that they only attend to gain from Harry's popularity as they ignore the facts - such as the one about where some of the money for the games have come from.

AdmirerUS 09-05-2014 07:35 PM

Look, if I am the talking head for the Invictus games, I am going to invite the sport besotted members of my family to come along. Because I can. Because they will enjoy it. Because I laugh and joke with them. Because that is what family is all about.
That they will attract two times the press and photogs that I would and help shine a light on a worthy cause is the cherry on the soda.
But either way, I invite them because this is life and you might as well live the good bits to the fullest.

Dman 09-07-2014 08:38 AM

Countdown to the Invictus Games: Meet the Warriors: Tonight-BBCTwo-9:15 UK Time-
"HRH Prince Harry's commitment to injured, wounded and sick servicemen and women takes the ultimate test as the first ever Invictus Games are about to start in London's Olympic Park. Many have returned from recent conflicts with life-threatening injuries. This documentary follows a few who share their extraordinary and inspirational stories as they try to secure their place in the British team to compete against comrades from around the world. Meanwhile, HRH Prince Harry keeps a watchful eye on preparations for the games, which have been organised from scratch following his announcement in 2013."
BBC Two - Invictus Games, Countdown to the Invictus Games: Meet the Warriors

Live Coverage:
Invictus Games Opening Ceremony: BBC One-September 10th, 7pm UK Time-

"The One Show comes live from the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park for a special programme to broadcast the launch of Prince Harry's first ever Invictus Games, the major international sports event for wounded soldiers.

Matt Baker, Alex Jones and Clare Balding report on the spectacular Opening Ceremony, where highlights include a flypast from the Red Arrows and an exclusive performance of the Invictus Anthem penned by Coldplay.

The ceremony culminates in the Athletes' Parade, where over 400 competing wounded, injured and sick servicemen and women from 13 nations are led into the park by detachments from the three services."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04gmjc3

Dman 09-08-2014 01:01 PM

Video:
Prince Harry can't wait to see his brother "suffer more" with the arrival of a second child, he joked today. Speaking as he visited competitors training for the inaugural Invictus Games, Harry said it was "very exciting news". He said: "I can't wait to see my brother suffer more", saying if the Duke and Duchess' second child is a girl he would "love to see him try and cope with that"-
Home - ITNSource News

polyesco 09-08-2014 04:35 PM

Monday September 8

• Prince Harry will meet Team Captains all nations Invictus Games 1 Embankment Place, London WC2 participants.
https://31.media.tumblr.com/f1c002c49...me9o1_1280.png
https://38.media.tumblr.com/9410db3fc...me9o2_1280.png
• Invictus Games Prince Harry attend training sessions and fitness Sporthouse Barking, Mayesbrook Park, Dagenham, Essex.

Harry at a ceremony for the New Zealand team
https://33.media.tumblr.com/96d3d1221...jme9o2_500.jpg
https://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...K5g5lVgWHl.jpg
https://38.media.tumblr.com/119fdc439...icdo1_1280.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...48_306x423.jpg
https://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...sDKBnFf7Al.jpg
https://33.media.tumblr.com/532568298...me9o4_1280.png

meeting with members of Team Netherlands
https://33.media.tumblr.com/4ce8b7567...ymgro2_500.jpg

https://33.media.tumblr.com/c8a0f704d...ymgro1_500.jpg

Dman 09-09-2014 11:53 AM

Video:
The Invictus Games will be the main way Prince Harry marks his 30th birthday, the royal said today. Asked at an event dubbed the "curtain raiser" for the Games how he would celebrate the milestone birthday on September 15, Harry replied "probably by this". The royal spoke as he presented the first medals in his inaugural Invictus Games for a driving challenge at Jaguar Land Rover in Gaydon, Warwickshire-
Home - ITNSource News

Video:
Prince Harry was given the chance to show off his driving skills during a visit to the Jaguar Land Rover Driving Challenge in Warwickshire today. The 29 year old royal was driven around the assault course in a Land Rover Discovery before getting behind the wheels of a white sports car to put it through its paces around the venue's race circuit. He later presented the first medals in his inaugural Invictus Games for the driving challenge at Jaguar Land Rover in Gaydon, Warwickshire-
https://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTer...NG%20CHALLENGE

cepe 09-09-2014 04:44 PM

Not sure if this is the right thread. Great picture

BritishMonarchy ‏@BritishMonarchy 7m
@InvictusLondon Buckingham Palace is getting behind the #InvictusGames in a big way this evening #IAM pic.twitter.com/tiXCIJTj25

https://t.co/tiXCIJTj25

Tiggersk8 09-09-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polyesco (Post 1700924)
@InvictusLondon Buckingham Palace is getting behind the #InvictusGames in a big way this evening #IAM

https://twitter.com/BritishMonarchy/...094081/photo/1

BP looks amazing!!

I really hope this is such a huge success for Harry. He's put so much of his heart and soul into these Games, I really hope it's an out of this World smash!!

I have seen in other threads worries about the Royal Baby news overshadowing the Games and I have no worries on that front. What's coming on Thursday out of South Africa & the Bladerunner Murder Verdict OTOH...Now that does have me concerned.

Dman 09-10-2014 06:29 AM

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 1h
The Duchess of Cambridge has pulled out of tonight's opening ceremony and tomorrow's athletics at the Invictus Games.

PrincessOfPeace 09-10-2014 12:04 PM

Quote:

Over the next four days 400 wounded, injured or sick Servicemen and women from 13 nations will descend on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park to compete in the first ever Invictus Games.

Championed by Prince Harry who was inspired by the similar US Warriors Games, the event will shine a spotlight on Armed Forces personnel who have put their lives on the line and who have fought for their country.

It also aims to highlight and encourage the use of sport to inspire recovery and aid rehabilitation.

Some 130 members or veterans of the British Armed Forces will compete in the event.

Here we meet a few of them, and hear the stories that brought them to the Invictus Games.

The stories behind Britain's Invictus competitors

Dman 09-10-2014 12:36 PM

Outside UK Viewers:
BBC One: Invictus Games Opening Ceremony Live- Tonight- 7pm UK time:
tvpc.com - BBC 1

https://www.tvpc.com/Channel.php?ChannelID=55

Invictus Games Opening Ceremony: On Now Live-
tvpc.com - BBC 1

PrincessOfPeace 09-10-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Princes Harry and William have arrived for the opening ceremony of the Invictus Games, a sporting contest for brave servicemen and women injured in the line of duty.
The brothers were pictured at The Queen Elizabeth Park in east London for the opening of the games, in which more than 400 injured servicemen and women will take part.
For each of them, competing in the Games is the latest turn in a long road to recovery from devastating injuries sustained in war.
Come here dad, give us a kiss! Wills and Harry embrace Prince Charles as he arrives for the opening ceremony of the Invictus Games* | Mail Online

Tiggersk8 09-10-2014 02:05 PM

Looks like a great crowd there.

roseroyal 09-10-2014 02:12 PM

Great photos.

Tiggersk8 09-10-2014 03:00 PM

What a great start and Well Done Harry on his speech!!

Dman 09-10-2014 03:06 PM

I enjoyed the ceremony. To see our men and women of the armed services coming together and participating in the Invictus Games is very touching and may all of them have fun and win some medals. I'm glad our President and First Lady supports the games and those who serve our countries.

Well done Prince Harry and the team behind putting these events together.

Osipi 09-10-2014 03:15 PM

How wonderfully proud Charles must be feeling right now as he thinks over the events of the opening of the Invictus Games. This was Harry's baby from the very beginning from the idea planted at the US games to the final opening ceremony and the parade of athletes.

No matter what any one's comment in the DM is or how they can look at and bash Harry for being a posh, playboy prince, Harry is a man that has actually accomplished something in a major way that will continue long after he is gone or our planet finds a way to end all wars.

Not bad for a 30 year old in my book. Well done Harry!

Dman 09-10-2014 03:22 PM

Charles & Camilla and William looked very proud of Harry for putting this event together. I'm sure Catherine watched from home and is too proud of her brother-in-law.

PetticoatLane 09-10-2014 04:18 PM

William and Camilla seemed to be having a good giggle together.

Marty91charmed 09-10-2014 04:20 PM

Yeah... I wonder what they are laughing about :-D

LadyS 09-11-2014 05:28 AM

It definitely looks like Prince Frederik in the photo after the pictures of William and Harry greeting Prince Charles.
https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...hoto/455204298

Here is a pic from Getty Images

antonieta 09-11-2014 05:56 AM

Yes it is Crown Princess Frederik of Denmark who stand's there.

muriel 09-11-2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonieta (Post 1701471)
Yes it is Crown Princess Frederik of Denmark who stand's there.

Very good of Frederik to come to support Harry.

PrincessOfPeace 09-11-2014 08:53 AM

Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse 14 mins

The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry attended today's service with representatives of 13 nations who have served alongside each other

Mace ‏@RoyaleVision

Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry attend a Drumhead Service during the Invictus Games today https://twitter.com/RoyaleVision/sta...046272/photo/1

MarNoe 09-11-2014 09:47 AM

I just read that CP Frederick was there on the cover page of the Royal Forums...

Royals Attend Invictus Games Opening Ceremony in London | The Royal Forums

AdmirerUS 09-11-2014 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 1701525)

It's more likely he was supporting his own camp. The games includes participants from the UK, the US, Denmark, Estonia, France, Italy, Canada, the Netherlands, Australia, Afghanistan, Georgia, New Zealand and Germany

See: Invictus Games Almost Set To Go In London | The Royal Forums

PrincessOfPeace 09-11-2014 10:26 AM

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 3m
Charles, William and Harry today at @InvictusLondon (via @chriskaye)

https://twitter.com/chriskaye/status...310146/photo/1

Dman 09-11-2014 10:28 AM

Video:
Wounded warriors competing on the opening day of the Invictus Games stopped their track and field heats to remember the fallen and the victims of 9/11. After the pomp and ceremony that launched the Games in London last night, and the athletics events this morning, a solemn Drumhead service was staged. Prince Harry and the Duke of Cambridge sat with hundreds of spectators in the stands of the Lee Valley Athletics Centre stadium as the service was led by the chaplains of the three services-
Home - ITNSource News

Nordic 09-11-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Crown Prince Frederik is visiting the games with the Danish Minister of Defence and Chief of Defence. Denmark has a large troup competing.

CP Frederik and Prince Harry
https://www.facebook.com/dkinuk/phot...type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/dkinuk/phot...type=3&theater

cepe 09-11-2014 11:36 AM

Great picture of William and Camilla - I just want to know what caused this!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxO5whDCMAAwR2w.jpg:large

PrincessOfPeace 09-11-2014 11:53 AM

The Duke of Cambridge presenting silver medal to Derek Derenalagi of Great Britain.

Cambridges

cepe 09-11-2014 11:57 AM

Another great pic from today - William Charles and Harry. Love the look on Harry's face

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxQz13hCIAIkwGr.jpg:large

PrincessOfPeace 09-11-2014 12:37 PM

Great pictures

Invictus Games: Athletics, GBR: Invictus Games: Drumhead Service Pictures & News Photos | Getty Images

polyesco 09-11-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 1701456)
Are you sure it is Frederick? There are more pictures of him (or somebody like him) seated behind the Wales' in the DM article

Michelle Obama pays tribute to wounded soldiers at opening of Invictus Games | Mail Online

yes he was seated behind them during the opening ceremony
https://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/455...YxQeppBQ%3D%3D
https://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...cIaNUGzVvx.jpg

during the Business luncheon meeting, he was seen chatting with Charles
https://33.media.tumblr.com/57e1309a2...bz5io1_500.jpg

today he was with the Danish team and families
https://imageshack.com/a/img912/7311/JhkH9Y.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxP5xyaIUAE-rJZ.jpg:large
https://imageshack.com/a/img537/6306/kbIs03.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...bc3c64c92645cf

also with prince harry today
https://imageshack.com/a/img746/6632/sJKSMW.png

also met with the Australian members
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...2b&oe=5498DFA6

muriel 09-11-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1701574)

That picture of Camilla and William must make Diana turn in her grave. :smile:

PrincessOfPeace 09-11-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Princes William and Harry applauded as brave disabled soldiers competed on the first day of competition at the Invictus Games.
The two brothers sat side-by-side and cheered from the stands at the Lee Valley Athletics Centre in London as they enjoyed the athletics on the first day of the event.
After attending a military service of remembrance at lunchtime, the pair settled in for the afternoon's action - and looked impressed with what they saw.
Hope for heroes: Princes William and Harry applaud as brave disabled soldiers compete at the Invictus Games* | Mail Online

Marty91charmed 09-11-2014 03:30 PM

what a moving and well-deserved occasion for all that servicemen and women!

crm2317 09-11-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 1701603)
That picture of Camilla and William must make Diana turn in her grave. :smile:

That made me laugh out loud!

Iluvbertie 09-11-2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

I suspect he was there to support the Danish competitors and not Harry at all.

CyrilVladisla 09-11-2014 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1701583)
Another great pic from today - William Charles and Harry. Love the look on Harry's face

This is the best photograph I have seen of Prince Charles laughing!!!
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Queen Camilla 09-11-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Was Camilla originally scheduled to attend or was she a replacement for Kate?

HMQueenElizabethII 09-12-2014 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen Camilla (Post 1701742)
Was Camilla originally scheduled to attend or was she a replacement for Kate?

The Prince of Wales with the Duchess of Cornwall, the two Princes & the Duchess of Cambridge were all scheduled to attend but due to the morning sickness, the Duchess had to pull out.

roseroyal 09-12-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1701583)

Love the DM article with the Royals laughing and chatting with the athletes! There is someone in this world taller than William! The Duke has one amazing smile!
Second- oh me too- cepe! Love it!
Third- love this one too! Never seen the POW laugh that hard!

Dman 09-12-2014 02:04 PM

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 1m
Pippa and James Middleton and Peter and Autumn Phillips are here at the Copper Box to watch Harry, Zara and Mike play wheelchair rugby.

PrincessOfPeace 09-12-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

She's better known for her riding skills while her cousin is famous for his penchant for polo and parties - rugby players they are not.
But that wasn't enough to stop Zara Phillips and Prince Harry from signing up for a wheelchair rugby match being held this evening in support of the Invictus Games.
And as these amusing photos reveal, both seemed to be taking it seriously as they were put through their paces by team coaches, Sir Clive Woodward and Jonny Wilkinson.
Harry and Zara to battle it out in wheelchair rugby... which is also known as MURDERBALL | Mail Online

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1701982)
Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 1m
Pippa and James Middleton and Peter and Autumn Phillips are here at the Copper Box to watch Harry, Zara and Mike play wheelchair rugby.

Picture

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...71_634x399.jpg

windsorgirl 09-12-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessOfPeace (Post 1701986)

I know this competition is all about the injured servicemen and women, but may I just say how delighted I am for Harry that the Invictus Games have seen such widespread support and success. I especially enjoy the attendance/participation of his family which further shows their mutual admiration & respect. Well done to Harry and the countless other organizers!

PrincessOfPeace 09-12-2014 03:04 PM

Invictus Games 2014Verified account ‏@InvictusLondon

Pippa Middleton, joined by Peter & Autumn Phillips, and her brother James, supporting the #InvictusGames #IAM pic.twitter.com/wS9mmcl98h

Great pic of the group smiling for the camera!!

Quote:

IT was only an exhibition match but cousins Prince Harry and Zara Phillips gave no quarter in a game of wheelchair rugby tonight that became a battle royal.

With England rugby World Cup winner Jason Robinson on their team, they faced off against equally star-studded opposition featuring Zara’s husband Mike Tindall and Olympic gold medallists Dame Kelly Holmes and Denise Lewis.

Zara, 33, and Mike, 35, proved all is fair is love and war as they plotted to out-do each other on the court at the Copper Box arena in London’s Olympic Park in front of 7,000 screaming fans at the Invictus Games.
Prince Harry and Zara Phillips play wheelchair rugby at Invictus Games | Royal | News | Daily Express

HereditaryPrincess 09-12-2014 04:42 PM

I watched some of the opening ceremony and the end of the wheelchair rugby. I knew that Harry and Zara were participating, but I didn't realise that Mike was as well (at first I thought he was just watching), it is nice to see Harry getting lots of support from his family. I love how Frederik attended the Games as well - the photos of him talking to Harry were some of my favourites from that day. I always enjoy seeing photos of the European Royals together.

Harry tries his hand at 'murderball' - Telegraph

Lumutqueen 09-12-2014 05:15 PM

@InvictusLondon: Pippa Middleton, joined by Peter & Autumn Phillips, and her brother James, supporting the #InvictusGames #IAM https://t.co/wS9mmcl98h

@ppseluk: Awesome time @InvictusLondon #SupportOurTroops https://t.co/NfIwAuhVt5

@ppseluk: Unbelievable atmosphere @InvictusLondon. Very proud of Harry and all the guys and girls taking part. #copperboxarena #SupportOurTroops

AdmirerUS 09-12-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1702037)
@InvictusLondon: Pippa Middleton, joined by Peter & Autumn Phillips, and her brother James, supporting the #InvictusGames #IAM https://t.co/wS9mmcl98h
@ppseluk: Awesome time @InvictusLondon #SupportOurTroops https://t.co/NfIwAuhVt5
@ppseluk: Unbelievable atmosphere @InvictusLondon. Very proud of Harry and all the guys and girls taking part. #copperboxarena #SupportOurTroops

That first photo is a stunner!

Tiggersk8 09-12-2014 08:39 PM

Zara and Mike were on different teams? That could make for an interesting trip home... ;) :D

JessRulz 09-14-2014 09:51 PM

Articles regarding the closing ceremony last night:

Harry praises games competitors | Mail Online

Invictus Games climax marks Prince Harry's 30th birthday - Telegraph

Prince Harry on Invictus Games plans - hellomagazine.com

BBC News - Invictus Games: Queen 'deeply moved'

Prince Harry received a jersey from the German team which had 'I Am 30' printed on the back: Prince Harry is presented with an 'I AM 30' football top by the... News Photo 455423852 | Getty Images

And the Queen's message to the competitors was read by Harry during the closing: https://www.facebook.com/TheBritishM...type=1&theater

Getty Images Closing Ceremony gallery

Behind the Scenes gallery

Tiggersk8 09-14-2014 10:31 PM

The Invictus Games: September 10-14, 2014

We really need a Standing Ovation smilie/emoticon for certain times around here and this is one of those times!!

Well Done Your Royal Highness!! Harry, you pulled it off and then some!!

Granny, Granpa and Dad must all be in danger of sending people around them diving for cover in case of buttons flying off clothing due to chests rightfully puffed out in pride. :D

Anyone who saw the Closing Ceremonies...What did Bryan Adams perform? There's two songs he's written over the years concerning never forgetting what our Vets and the Fallen have done for us, so just wondering if it was one of them or something else.

I read at the BBC that the US wants to host in 2015 and Canada in 2016, so there's interest to keep the Games going. Here's hoping, as from reading the piece on Stephane Moreau at the Official Site, I have the feeling an awful lot of healing took place just by these incredible Men and Women being around other people dealing w/the exact same things and who understand instantly...

IMO that legacy will outlast the shine of those Medals for years to come.

Yes...Well Done Harry indeed!! :D :D :D

PrincessOfPeace 09-15-2014 08:59 AM

Prince Harry's speech at the closing ceremony of the Invictus Games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2w3YW1adLA&sns=tw

PrincessOfPeace 09-15-2014 10:33 AM

Quote:

As the focus inevitably moves elsewhere; through the work of our Foundation, William and I will continue to draw attention to the challenges facing all those leaving the armed forces, whether wounded or not, to ensure they can do so with purpose, with hope and with confidence.
Nice to highlight the work of the Royal Foundation | Royal Foundation

Marty91charmed 09-18-2014 04:09 PM

https://twitter.com/hellomag/status/...562560/photo/1

Has this already been posted???

HRHHermione 09-18-2014 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty91charmed (Post 1703881)

That is so freaking cute

AdmirerUS 09-18-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHHermione (Post 1703885)
That is so freaking cute

Her Dad was on the winning Basketball team. So cool.