The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f219/)
-   -   King Felipe and Queen Letizia, Current Events Part 1: June 2014 - November 2015 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f219/king-felipe-and-queen-letizia-current-events-part-1-june-2014-november-2015-a-37033.html)

dazzling 06-08-2014 09:54 AM

King Felipe and Queen Letizia, Current Events Part 1: June 2014 - November 2015

Welcome to
King Felipe and Queen Letizia's Current Events
Part 1

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:
The Forum Moderators

LadyGabrielle 06-20-2014 02:22 PM

So what is next on the agenda for the new King and Queen? Will they be visiting all the areas of Spain?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

lula 06-20-2014 03:16 PM

Here is the agenda for next week

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1678611

An Ard Ri 06-21-2014 08:08 AM

T.M. will today meet with representatives of associations and foundations of victims of terrorism
Zurbano Palace. Madrid

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Encuentro con representantes de las asociaciones y fundaciones de víctimas del terrorismo

Los Reyes dedican su primer acto oficial a apoyar a las vÃ*ctimas del terrorismo | Realeza | Noticias hola.com

lula 06-21-2014 09:00 AM

Video

Felipe VI expresa a las vÃ*tcimas del terrorismo su admiración en su primer acto oficial - RTVE.es

El Rey alaba que las víctimas no tengan deseos de revancha ni de venganza | Política | EL PAÍS

Photos

El primer acto de los reyes, con las víctimas del terrorismo

062114 Spanish Royals Meeting with representatives of associations of victims of terrorism - Images | jose gegundez | photographer

Buscar - Getty Images ES: ESP: King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia of Spain Meet Members of Terrorism Victims Associations

HereditaryPrincess 06-21-2014 11:51 AM

Their first engagement as King and Queen of Spain. :smile: It's strange because I'm used to King Felipe already, but am still trying to get used to Queen Letizia. Don't get me wrong, I like Letizia - in fact she's my favourite Spanish Royal after the former Queen Sofia. Perhaps it's because there have been King Felipes/Philips in the past, but no Queen Letizias.

Emmily 06-21-2014 12:36 PM

Can someone tell us where Zurbano Palace is? Is it on the grounds where Zarzuela is?

An Ard Ri 06-21-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess (Post 1678905)
Their first engagement as King and Queen of Spain. :smile: It's strange because I'm used to King Felipe already, but am still trying to get used to Queen Letizia. Don't get me wrong, I like Letizia - in fact she's my favourite Spanish Royal after the former Queen Sofia. Perhaps it's because there have been King Felipes/Philips in the past, but no Queen Letizias.

Ha ha yes I too have to keep checking that I'm using Her Majesty,Queen Letizia instead of HRH Princess Letizia,might take awhile!

I think the only other historical Letizia was Napoleons mother,Maria Letizia Buonaparte née Ramolino who was better known as Her Imperial Highness,Madame Mère de l'Empereur.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmily (Post 1678918)
Can someone tell us where Zurbano Palace is? Is it on the grounds where Zarzuela is?

No its in Madrid and I believe it was the childhood home of Queen Fabiola of Belgium.It was the ancestral home of the Marquess of Casa Riera it was taken over by the State in 1986?.

PPE

PPE Agency

Charlotte_Aster 06-21-2014 01:21 PM

:previous:
Emmily, it is in Madrid.
https://www.lanetro.com/museos-palaci...zurbano-296014

lula 06-21-2014 03:59 PM

Gay organizations thank the King and Queen first invitation of the Royal House. They will attend a reception for representatives of institutions of social solidarity on Tuesday.

Organizaciones gais agradecen a los Reyes la invitaci?n por primera vez a la Casa Real | Espa?a | EL MUNDO

An Ard Ri 06-21-2014 04:01 PM

Thats a first I take it King Juan Carlos & Sofia never held any audiences for the gay community?

lula 06-21-2014 04:27 PM

No, An Ard Ri... this is the first time an organization that defends the rights of gay people was invited to the palace, and the royal family has never had an official event with the gay community.

Felipe VI expresa a las víctimas del terrorismo su admiración por ellas - YouTube

Emmily 06-21-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by An Ard Ri (Post 1678925)
No its in Madrid and I believe it was the childhood home of Queen Fabiola of Belgium.It was the ancestral home of the Marquess of Casa Riera it was taken over by the State in 1986?.

Thank you An Ard Ri and Charlotte Asher. Can we assume this is where they will have audiences rather than Zarzuela?

An Ard Ri 06-21-2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lula (Post 1678967)
No, An Ard Ri... this is the first time an organization that defends the rights of gay people was invited to the palace, and the royal family has never had an official event with the gay community.

Thats what I said 'Thats a first' ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmily (Post 1678972)
Thank you An Ard Ri and Charlotte Asher. Can we assume this is where they will have audiences rather than Zarzuela?

No I don't think so as the Zurbano Palace is not a royal residence I assume it was just used today for the event in Madrid.

wyevale 06-21-2014 04:41 PM

This innovation is an encouraging indication of the inclusive nature of King Felipe's vision for his reign. This is GOOD !

lula 06-21-2014 04:41 PM

No Emmily, Zurbano Palace belongs to the government, and the Ministry of Interior that organized the meeting decided to celebrate it there.

An Ard Ri 06-21-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyevale (Post 1678978)
This innovation is an encouraging indication of the inclusive nature of King Felipe's vision for his reign. This is GOOD !

Yes it is indeed,its a shame its taken so long for this to happen.

dazzling 06-22-2014 03:11 AM

Lula, who invites the organizations? Does the King need to approve? Like now, the gay organization has never been invited, so has Felipe invited them or agreed for them to be invited?

lula 06-22-2014 05:05 AM

Dazzling, in Zarzuela, the King has the last word, decisions and changes that are being introduced, especially in these early times, reflect the new King and his team.

LadyFinn 06-22-2014 05:23 AM

From yesterday
Los reyes Felipe y Letizia empiezan su tarea con los que más sufren - Diez Minutos
This is cute
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image