The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2014 - July 2014 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/queen-letizias-daytime-fashion-part-1-june-2014-july-2014-a-37011.html)

An Ard Ri 06-21-2014 12:21 PM

The outfit is ok but she's worn it several times as Princess of Asturias,I was hoping we'd see a hint of her transformation from Princess to Queen but I think it may be a very slow process.

Fürstin Taxis 06-21-2014 12:29 PM

I doubt she replaced her wardrobe now. I for one hope she looks for other fashion houses, there are brilliant Spanish designer out there.

Jacknch 06-21-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by An Ard Ri (Post 1678930)
The outfit is ok but she's worn it several times as Princess of Asturias,I was hoping we'd see a hint of her transformation from Princess to Queen but I think it may be a very slow process.

I agree, but I think it will either be a slow transformation process, very subtle changes or none at all!
For the Vatican visit, I am guessing something similar to the proclamation outfit, very simple, straightforward, white.

kathia_sophia 06-21-2014 12:49 PM

I think she will stick to her old wardrobe on regular daily basis engagements. But as for the Introductory Visits, I think she will bring new and regal outfits. At least is what I hope for...

An Ard Ri 06-21-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacknch (Post 1678937)
I agree, but I think it will either be a slow transformation process, very subtle changes or none at all!
For the Vatican visit, I am guessing something similar to the proclamation outfit, very simple, straightforward, white.

Hopefully she won't wear the leather jacket & trousers for Pope Francis ;)

ANNIE_S 06-21-2014 02:06 PM

:previous: let's hope so :biggrin:

The outfit is not among my favourites, but it is according to the event. It was a meeting with terrorism victims and I don't think she wanted to look much fancier than that.

Next week I guess we will start watching her dressing up (though I highly doubt we'll see many new pieces, tbh). They have some more festive events, such as awards deliverings. Letizia herself will open an exhibition at Prado Museum on Monday. I think she will be in prettier clothes, much like she has done these two past weeks.

Duke of Marmalade 06-21-2014 03:49 PM

I read in so many articles on the occasion of the coronation, mainly from the (uninformed) foreign press that Letizia is an ambassador for spanish fashion. How can that be, sticking to Varela all the time?
Given that she has not only a true potential but also a duty to promote spanish fashion, I sincerely hope that as Queen she will change her attitude and give a lot more spanish designers a forum to promote their fashion on a global level by Letizia wearing it. She should do her utmost to promote new, fresh spanish designers as well as high profile, established ones.

Please no more shiny Varela suits like today!!!

carlota 06-21-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1678982)
I read in so many articles on the occasion of the coronation, mainly from the (uninformed) foreign press that Letizia is an ambassador for spanish fashion. How can that be, sticking to Varela all the time?
Given that she has not only a true potential but also a duty to promote spanish fashion, I sincerely hope that as Queen she will change her attitude and give a lot more spanish designers a forum to promote their fashion on a global level by Letizia wearing it. She should do her utmost to promote new, fresh spanish designers as well as high profile, established ones.

that is quite true, hopefully we will see letizia showcasing to the world the best of spanish fashion, which does not end in varela... fingers crossed that is the case. besides, varela now operates from france, so i really hope she innovates a bit more from now on.

does anyone know why letizia chose to stop wearing lorenzo caprile?

Danishla 06-21-2014 05:57 PM

Totally agree. The Queen should give an opportunity to other designers.

Fürstin Taxis 06-21-2014 06:06 PM

Uhh, Caprile needs a comeback :wave:
As much as I liked the Varela oufit at the proclamation, Caprile would have done something legendary :biggrin:

julia garcia roch 06-21-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacknch (Post 1678937)

For the visit to Pope Francis at the Vatican, she would be able to wear all white being a catholic monarch, like Sofia, María Teresa and Paola (now Matilde):innocent:

julia garcia roch 06-21-2014 06:27 PM

Here it is a very interesting article, about Queen Letizia from The New York Times.

A Crown Spurs Fashion in Spain
Letizia Could Boost Spain’s Fashion Industry
By VANESSA FRIEDMAN JUNE 17, 2014

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/19/fa...f=fashion&_r=0

kathia_sophia 06-21-2014 06:33 PM

Quote:

Though she has worn Zara and Mango before, I agree with you, she sticks mainly to Varela, which is a shame, because there are out there other spanish designers well established.

I think that now that she wears Varela 90% of the time, it's hard to move to others, because she is too used to Varela, and because he might get offended if she went to another designer. If she was flexible from the begining, switching designers would've been easier. Well that's what I think...

jjkg 06-21-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Amen!

Totally agree. It is time to shine the light on other Spanish designers, while still maintaining a key relationship with Varela

jjkg 06-21-2014 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathia_sophia (Post 1679020)
Though she has worn Zara and Mango before, I agree with you, she sticks mainly to Varela, which is a shame, because there are out there other spanish designers well established.

I think that now that she wears Varela 90% of the time, it's hard to move to others, because she is too used to Varela, and because he might get offended if she went to another designer. If she was flexible from the begining, switching designers would've been easier. Well that's what I think...

I heard that when she got engaged, Queen Sofia advised her to pick one designer and stick with him. she has followed that advice religiously, perhaps too religiously.

She used to wear some gowns from Caprile (??), the designer of her wedding gown, but for some reason stopped doing that later

suztav 06-21-2014 10:10 PM

Oh dear, the return of the pants suit. It seems she has "caught the fly away hair" trend from Maxima! Too bad.

El primer acto de los reyes, con las víctimas del terrorismo

Frelinghighness 06-21-2014 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julia garcia roch (Post 1679019)
Here it is a very interesting article, about Queen Letizia from The New York Times.

A Crown Spurs Fashion in Spain
Letizia Could Boost Spain’s Fashion Industry
By VANESSA FRIEDMAN JUNE 17, 2014

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/19/fa...f=fashion&_r=0

Thanks for the article, hope somebody shows it to the queen,she could easily put Spanish fashion on the map

Duke of Marmalade 06-22-2014 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjkg (Post 1679028)
I heard that when she got engaged, Queen Sofia advised her to pick one designer and stick with him. she has followed that advice religiously, perhaps too religiously.

She used to wear some gowns from Caprile (??), the designer of her wedding gown, but for some reason stopped doing that later

Yes, in the beginning there was Caprile, eg at the Danish wedding or first Pascua Militar. btw, Caprile did not design her wedding gown but Manuel Pertegaz, he's as old as Letizia's grandfather and so is his fashion. I thought that Letizia's wedding gown did not suit her at all, she drowned in it, a failure for me.

Not all Varela is bad, he does have some nice designs but he is not original. I liked the inauguration piece itself but I found it underwhelming on this specific occasion. Maybe I had expected more gravitas to the event. The ballgown Varela designed for the WillKate wedding was splendid as well but I am so over his shiny or too big suits and his lace dresses.

Emmily 06-22-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathia_sophia (Post 1679020)

Please no Mango! We haven't seen that name in one of her fashion threads in a long time and I hope it stays that way:lol:

sunsh1n3 06-23-2014 02:27 PM

She looks great!

Doña Letizia disfruta del arte en su primera cita en solitario como Reina