The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2014 - July 2014 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/queen-letizias-daytime-fashion-part-1-june-2014-july-2014-a-37011.html)

LadyFinn 06-19-2014 04:49 PM

Letizia was just pure perfection today. Just what was needed. Felipe was the star of the day, but Letizia was very elegant in her very chic outfit, I loved the embroidery, colours of Spain included? And as for the hairdo, I think that it was just great that both the former princess of Asturias, queen Letizia, and the new princess of Asturias, Leonor, had braids.

Emmily 06-19-2014 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1678188)
Love the outfit.

I love the outfit too and like the jewels on the neckline. Very elegant! I don't like her hair at all. Braids? I agree with DOM...it looked silly.

cmbruno 06-19-2014 05:26 PM

Yesterday's outfit was ok, today's was very elegant. As usually, I missed more substantial jewels to complete the look.

PrincessofEurope 06-19-2014 05:51 PM

Letizia looked great today. Besides red - white is the best colour on her and the design and cut of the coat and dress were prefect. Loved the detail at the neckline as it was just the right amount to lift the coat. Felipe Varela did a brilliant job on this creation. It was a great piece for the cermony and very understated and elegant

tlklhm 06-19-2014 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1678156)

Rather than looking silly, I think the braid did a wonderful job keeping her hair off her face.

Valerie Rose 06-19-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlklhm (Post 1678339)
Rather than looking silly, I think the braid did a wonderful job keeping her hair off her face.

I agree; her hair looked extremely pretty and well-behaved.

Terri Terri 06-19-2014 08:45 PM

As I predicted, Queen Letizia dressed in a subdued and elegant manner so as not to outshine King Felipe! There will be plenty of royal events for her to shine in the future!
She was perfectly and fabulously dressed IMO...as a queen should be in times of economic and financial hardship.

SElizabeth 06-19-2014 10:34 PM

Perfection again, Queen Letizia was just beautiful, I am crazy over her dress, that is so elegant with the jewels on the collar, so very soft and subdued and elegant. The cut of the coat, now that is great workmanship, perfection again. The little princesses, how pretty they looked in their brocade dresses with ballet shoes.
I thought also that perhaps the way QL did her hair was to keep it from flying all over the place and yet it was free flowing down her back, nice and shiny and pretty hair.
King Felipe now, oh how handsome he is and together they look like the most beautiful couple in the entire royal world...........also nice to see a bit of warmth between all of them today, JC/S/F/L, hoping F/L the very best in the future. Together these 2 strong, intelligent people will do it. Exciting times now for Spain.

Bine221 06-20-2014 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1678281)
Letizia was just pure perfection today. Just what was needed. Felipe was the star of the day, but Letizia was very elegant in her very chic outfit, I loved the embroidery, colours of Spain included? And as for the hairdo, I think that it was just great that both the former princess of Asturias, queen Letizia, and the new princess of Asturias, Leonor, had braids.

I LOOOOOVED her Outfit, too, and I also realised the Pearl embroidery in the Spanish colours Red and Gold, a super-sweet Little Detail.
Bye Bine

Lady Marlboro 06-20-2014 02:13 PM

Apparently, the first trip F & L will make is to the Vatican. Am I correct that she is now entitled to wear white to meet the Pope? I am not Catholic so I am not sure of all the rules on this subject.

ANNIE_S 06-20-2014 02:16 PM

She is, indeed ;)

wyevale 06-20-2014 02:36 PM

I predict, given the informality beloved by the current Pope, that this will be an informal meeting, with no Morning suit {for the King} nor Privilège du Blanc or Penieta for the Queen, [but possibly a veil...]

Sad, but likely i think...{Altho' i will merrily eat my hat}.

ANNIE_S 06-20-2014 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyevale (Post 1678635)
I predict, given the informality beloved by the current Pope, that this will be an informal meeting, with no Morning suit {for the King} nor Privilège du Blanc or Penieta for the Queen, [but possibly a veil...]

Sad, but likely i think...{Altho' i will merrily eat my hat}.

I was thinking the same, but I can picture the King in a suit and the Queen in a white dress/suit perfectly, maybe not even a veil.

Jackswife 06-20-2014 06:27 PM

A very elegant and refined debut look for the brand-new Queen!:flowers::smile:

An Ard Ri 06-20-2014 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Marlboro (Post 1678621)
Apparently, the first trip F & L will make is to the Vatican. Am I correct that she is now entitled to wear white to meet the Pope? I am not Catholic so I am not sure of all the rules on this subject.

Yes Letizia as a Catholic Queen is entitled to Le Privilège du Blanc as her mother in law is also entitled to.However Pope Francis doesn't strike me as a protocol Pope and is far more relaxed than his predecessors with formality and such rules.Given the relaxation of the rules I doubt that Letizia who too loves simplicity and minimalism will opt for a white veil.She might even wear a braid in her hair for the Pope.

PrincessofEurope 06-21-2014 08:28 AM

I remember one of the first engagements after their marriage was a visit to Pope John Paul. Then Letizia looked stunning in a simple long black dress and beautiful mantilla. I hope for her first visit as Queen she goes very traditional in long white white and veil

Marika86 06-21-2014 09:36 AM

Queen Letizia at the meeting with Members of Terrorism Victims Associations. June 21th, 2014

Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Close up

HereditaryPrincess 06-21-2014 10:05 AM

I like her outfit from today. It was nice and professional, and the colours go well together.

Emmily 06-21-2014 11:22 AM

This has never been a favorite of mine and it still isn't. Don't like the fit or the shirt underneath or the shoes. However, Letizia's demeanor is so relaxed and she seems content and at peace with her new role:flowers:

dazzling 06-21-2014 11:32 AM

I find the suit shiny, the top shiny which makes the overall a bit too much for me. Her heels are more of a teal color which looks out of place. This is a total miss for me.