The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2014 - July 2014 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/queen-letizias-daytime-fashion-part-1-june-2014-july-2014-a-37011.html)

dazzling 06-03-2014 11:49 AM

Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2014 - July 2014

Welcome to
Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion
Part 1

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators

princess carmen 06-19-2014 08:58 AM

Letizia looked very nice yesterday. Today I think she looked beautiful very elegant.

muriel 06-19-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess carmen (Post 1678009)
Letizia looked very nice yesterday. Today I think she looked beautiful very elegant.

I agree, I thought the Queen's clothes were well chosen, and appropriate for the events.

dbarn67 06-19-2014 09:34 AM

She looked lovely but I was underwhelmed by Letizia today. Still, she was lovely and attentive to her husband and her girls.

Winnie 06-19-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbarn67 (Post 1678025)
She looked lovely but I was underwhelmed by Letizia today. Still, she was lovely and attentive to her husband and her girls.

I agree. But, that is her prime job now to be helpful and attentive to King and children. Anything above that should come second.

4Pam 06-19-2014 11:12 AM

Letizia and the family looked beautiful. I loved both of her outfits and her daughters.

An Ard Ri 06-19-2014 11:17 AM

Her outfit today was very elegant and just right for the occasion,I didn't like her outfit at last nights Abdication ceremony,it was missing something.

casualfan 06-19-2014 11:55 AM

I loves loved loved her entire look today. Above all, it was 'her.' The cut of the coat was so chic, the color looked great with her coloring, and the accessories were wonderful.

Winnie 06-19-2014 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 1678019)
I agree, I thought the Queen's clothes were well chosen, and appropriate for the events.

I do so agree with you and she didn't appear to want to "outshine" her husband. It was his day. She and children came second to his position. All clothes worn by Letizia, girls and Sofia were appropriate, dignified and certainly elegant for the occasion.

Duke of Marmalade 06-19-2014 01:17 PM

Inauguration Of King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia | jose gegundez | photographer
Inauguration Of King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia | jose gegundez | photographer

Imo the Outfit was underwhelming and the Braid hairstyle Looked a Bit silly.

Her_Majesty 06-19-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1678156)
Imo the Outfit was underwhelming and the Braid hairstyle Looked a Bit silly.

I couldn't disagree more. I thought Letizia looked great.I love the coat. The hairdo wasn't her best, but all in all she looked amazing imo.

ANNIE_S 06-19-2014 02:02 PM

I would have hoped for a nice updo, it would have upgraded the pretty outfit. But overall she looked great.

Best of all was her demeanour and attitude. She understood perfectly it was her husband´s big day and didn´t outshone him. And her proud and happy look was nice to see.

almee 06-19-2014 02:04 PM

IMO Letizia looked absolutely radiant today, and her choice of outfit reflected who she always is...herself. She allowed her husband to be in the forefront where he should be and she and the Infantas complimented him perfectly. They look like a very close family, and I always enjoy seeing them together.:smile:

roseroyal 06-19-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Love the outfit.

HereditaryPrincess 06-19-2014 02:16 PM

Letizia looked fabulous today. I didn't think that her outfit was underwhelming since it fits in more with her style. Mathilde of Belgium's dress for Philippe's inauguration wasn't that grand either IIRC, but still elegant and appropriate for the occasion. Having said that, I would've liked it if Letizia experimented with her hair for today, since I think her hairstyle is lacking something as I'm sure today was very special and memorable for her.

NoorMeansLight 06-19-2014 02:43 PM

The white ensemble was perfection! I expected no less from her!
She looked fabulous, the hairstyle with the braid and the make-up all perfect!

wyevale 06-19-2014 02:59 PM

HM the Queen hit EXACTLY the right note today, one of great elegance and subtlety.

No 'hostage to fortune' extravagance or 'look at me' vibe for her critics to seize upon !

She looked absolutely perfect !

fandesacs2003 06-19-2014 03:08 PM

The whole family was stunning! It was so tender and touching to see them so delicate and beautiful.
I wish them all hapiness and luck.

rubies 06-19-2014 03:46 PM

Its a lovely outfit and perfect for the day. I just would have loved some different jewels and her hair up...but thats my normal!!

carlota 06-19-2014 04:44 PM

great choice by letizia today. i really liked this dress. hoping to see it again soon!

LadyFinn 06-19-2014 04:49 PM

Letizia was just pure perfection today. Just what was needed. Felipe was the star of the day, but Letizia was very elegant in her very chic outfit, I loved the embroidery, colours of Spain included? And as for the hairdo, I think that it was just great that both the former princess of Asturias, queen Letizia, and the new princess of Asturias, Leonor, had braids.

Emmily 06-19-2014 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1678188)
Love the outfit.

I love the outfit too and like the jewels on the neckline. Very elegant! I don't like her hair at all. Braids? I agree with DOM...it looked silly.

cmbruno 06-19-2014 05:26 PM

Yesterday's outfit was ok, today's was very elegant. As usually, I missed more substantial jewels to complete the look.

PrincessofEurope 06-19-2014 05:51 PM

Letizia looked great today. Besides red - white is the best colour on her and the design and cut of the coat and dress were prefect. Loved the detail at the neckline as it was just the right amount to lift the coat. Felipe Varela did a brilliant job on this creation. It was a great piece for the cermony and very understated and elegant

tlklhm 06-19-2014 08:37 PM

Quote:

Rather than looking silly, I think the braid did a wonderful job keeping her hair off her face.

Valerie Rose 06-19-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlklhm (Post 1678339)
Rather than looking silly, I think the braid did a wonderful job keeping her hair off her face.

I agree; her hair looked extremely pretty and well-behaved.

Terri Terri 06-19-2014 08:45 PM

As I predicted, Queen Letizia dressed in a subdued and elegant manner so as not to outshine King Felipe! There will be plenty of royal events for her to shine in the future!
She was perfectly and fabulously dressed IMO...as a queen should be in times of economic and financial hardship.

SElizabeth 06-19-2014 10:34 PM

Perfection again, Queen Letizia was just beautiful, I am crazy over her dress, that is so elegant with the jewels on the collar, so very soft and subdued and elegant. The cut of the coat, now that is great workmanship, perfection again. The little princesses, how pretty they looked in their brocade dresses with ballet shoes.
I thought also that perhaps the way QL did her hair was to keep it from flying all over the place and yet it was free flowing down her back, nice and shiny and pretty hair.
King Felipe now, oh how handsome he is and together they look like the most beautiful couple in the entire royal world...........also nice to see a bit of warmth between all of them today, JC/S/F/L, hoping F/L the very best in the future. Together these 2 strong, intelligent people will do it. Exciting times now for Spain.

Bine221 06-20-2014 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1678281)
Letizia was just pure perfection today. Just what was needed. Felipe was the star of the day, but Letizia was very elegant in her very chic outfit, I loved the embroidery, colours of Spain included? And as for the hairdo, I think that it was just great that both the former princess of Asturias, queen Letizia, and the new princess of Asturias, Leonor, had braids.

I LOOOOOVED her Outfit, too, and I also realised the Pearl embroidery in the Spanish colours Red and Gold, a super-sweet Little Detail.
Bye Bine

Lady Marlboro 06-20-2014 02:13 PM

Apparently, the first trip F & L will make is to the Vatican. Am I correct that she is now entitled to wear white to meet the Pope? I am not Catholic so I am not sure of all the rules on this subject.

ANNIE_S 06-20-2014 02:16 PM

She is, indeed ;)

wyevale 06-20-2014 02:36 PM

I predict, given the informality beloved by the current Pope, that this will be an informal meeting, with no Morning suit {for the King} nor Privilège du Blanc or Penieta for the Queen, [but possibly a veil...]

Sad, but likely i think...{Altho' i will merrily eat my hat}.

ANNIE_S 06-20-2014 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyevale (Post 1678635)
I predict, given the informality beloved by the current Pope, that this will be an informal meeting, with no Morning suit {for the King} nor Privilège du Blanc or Penieta for the Queen, [but possibly a veil...]

Sad, but likely i think...{Altho' i will merrily eat my hat}.

I was thinking the same, but I can picture the King in a suit and the Queen in a white dress/suit perfectly, maybe not even a veil.

Jackswife 06-20-2014 06:27 PM

A very elegant and refined debut look for the brand-new Queen!:flowers::smile:

An Ard Ri 06-20-2014 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Marlboro (Post 1678621)
Apparently, the first trip F & L will make is to the Vatican. Am I correct that she is now entitled to wear white to meet the Pope? I am not Catholic so I am not sure of all the rules on this subject.

Yes Letizia as a Catholic Queen is entitled to Le Privilège du Blanc as her mother in law is also entitled to.However Pope Francis doesn't strike me as a protocol Pope and is far more relaxed than his predecessors with formality and such rules.Given the relaxation of the rules I doubt that Letizia who too loves simplicity and minimalism will opt for a white veil.She might even wear a braid in her hair for the Pope.

PrincessofEurope 06-21-2014 08:28 AM

I remember one of the first engagements after their marriage was a visit to Pope John Paul. Then Letizia looked stunning in a simple long black dress and beautiful mantilla. I hope for her first visit as Queen she goes very traditional in long white white and veil

Marika86 06-21-2014 09:36 AM

Queen Letizia at the meeting with Members of Terrorism Victims Associations. June 21th, 2014

Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Close up

HereditaryPrincess 06-21-2014 10:05 AM

I like her outfit from today. It was nice and professional, and the colours go well together.

Emmily 06-21-2014 11:22 AM

This has never been a favorite of mine and it still isn't. Don't like the fit or the shirt underneath or the shoes. However, Letizia's demeanor is so relaxed and she seems content and at peace with her new role:flowers:

dazzling 06-21-2014 11:32 AM

I find the suit shiny, the top shiny which makes the overall a bit too much for me. Her heels are more of a teal color which looks out of place. This is a total miss for me.

An Ard Ri 06-21-2014 12:21 PM

The outfit is ok but she's worn it several times as Princess of Asturias,I was hoping we'd see a hint of her transformation from Princess to Queen but I think it may be a very slow process.

Fürstin Taxis 06-21-2014 12:29 PM

I doubt she replaced her wardrobe now. I for one hope she looks for other fashion houses, there are brilliant Spanish designer out there.

Jacknch 06-21-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by An Ard Ri (Post 1678930)
The outfit is ok but she's worn it several times as Princess of Asturias,I was hoping we'd see a hint of her transformation from Princess to Queen but I think it may be a very slow process.

I agree, but I think it will either be a slow transformation process, very subtle changes or none at all!
For the Vatican visit, I am guessing something similar to the proclamation outfit, very simple, straightforward, white.

kathia_sophia 06-21-2014 12:49 PM

I think she will stick to her old wardrobe on regular daily basis engagements. But as for the Introductory Visits, I think she will bring new and regal outfits. At least is what I hope for...

An Ard Ri 06-21-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacknch (Post 1678937)
I agree, but I think it will either be a slow transformation process, very subtle changes or none at all!
For the Vatican visit, I am guessing something similar to the proclamation outfit, very simple, straightforward, white.

Hopefully she won't wear the leather jacket & trousers for Pope Francis ;)

ANNIE_S 06-21-2014 02:06 PM

:previous: let's hope so :biggrin:

The outfit is not among my favourites, but it is according to the event. It was a meeting with terrorism victims and I don't think she wanted to look much fancier than that.

Next week I guess we will start watching her dressing up (though I highly doubt we'll see many new pieces, tbh). They have some more festive events, such as awards deliverings. Letizia herself will open an exhibition at Prado Museum on Monday. I think she will be in prettier clothes, much like she has done these two past weeks.

Duke of Marmalade 06-21-2014 03:49 PM

I read in so many articles on the occasion of the coronation, mainly from the (uninformed) foreign press that Letizia is an ambassador for spanish fashion. How can that be, sticking to Varela all the time?
Given that she has not only a true potential but also a duty to promote spanish fashion, I sincerely hope that as Queen she will change her attitude and give a lot more spanish designers a forum to promote their fashion on a global level by Letizia wearing it. She should do her utmost to promote new, fresh spanish designers as well as high profile, established ones.

Please no more shiny Varela suits like today!!!

carlota 06-21-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1678982)
I read in so many articles on the occasion of the coronation, mainly from the (uninformed) foreign press that Letizia is an ambassador for spanish fashion. How can that be, sticking to Varela all the time?
Given that she has not only a true potential but also a duty to promote spanish fashion, I sincerely hope that as Queen she will change her attitude and give a lot more spanish designers a forum to promote their fashion on a global level by Letizia wearing it. She should do her utmost to promote new, fresh spanish designers as well as high profile, established ones.

that is quite true, hopefully we will see letizia showcasing to the world the best of spanish fashion, which does not end in varela... fingers crossed that is the case. besides, varela now operates from france, so i really hope she innovates a bit more from now on.

does anyone know why letizia chose to stop wearing lorenzo caprile?

Danishla 06-21-2014 05:57 PM

Totally agree. The Queen should give an opportunity to other designers.

Fürstin Taxis 06-21-2014 06:06 PM

Uhh, Caprile needs a comeback :wave:
As much as I liked the Varela oufit at the proclamation, Caprile would have done something legendary :biggrin:

julia garcia roch 06-21-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacknch (Post 1678937)

For the visit to Pope Francis at the Vatican, she would be able to wear all white being a catholic monarch, like Sofia, María Teresa and Paola (now Matilde):innocent:

julia garcia roch 06-21-2014 06:27 PM

Here it is a very interesting article, about Queen Letizia from The New York Times.

A Crown Spurs Fashion in Spain
Letizia Could Boost Spain’s Fashion Industry
By VANESSA FRIEDMAN JUNE 17, 2014

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/19/fa...f=fashion&_r=0

kathia_sophia 06-21-2014 06:33 PM

Quote:

Though she has worn Zara and Mango before, I agree with you, she sticks mainly to Varela, which is a shame, because there are out there other spanish designers well established.

I think that now that she wears Varela 90% of the time, it's hard to move to others, because she is too used to Varela, and because he might get offended if she went to another designer. If she was flexible from the begining, switching designers would've been easier. Well that's what I think...

jjkg 06-21-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Amen!

Totally agree. It is time to shine the light on other Spanish designers, while still maintaining a key relationship with Varela

jjkg 06-21-2014 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathia_sophia (Post 1679020)
Though she has worn Zara and Mango before, I agree with you, she sticks mainly to Varela, which is a shame, because there are out there other spanish designers well established.

I think that now that she wears Varela 90% of the time, it's hard to move to others, because she is too used to Varela, and because he might get offended if she went to another designer. If she was flexible from the begining, switching designers would've been easier. Well that's what I think...

I heard that when she got engaged, Queen Sofia advised her to pick one designer and stick with him. she has followed that advice religiously, perhaps too religiously.

She used to wear some gowns from Caprile (??), the designer of her wedding gown, but for some reason stopped doing that later

suztav 06-21-2014 10:10 PM

Oh dear, the return of the pants suit. It seems she has "caught the fly away hair" trend from Maxima! Too bad.

El primer acto de los reyes, con las víctimas del terrorismo

Frelinghighness 06-21-2014 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julia garcia roch (Post 1679019)
Here it is a very interesting article, about Queen Letizia from The New York Times.

A Crown Spurs Fashion in Spain
Letizia Could Boost Spain’s Fashion Industry
By VANESSA FRIEDMAN JUNE 17, 2014

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/19/fa...f=fashion&_r=0

Thanks for the article, hope somebody shows it to the queen,she could easily put Spanish fashion on the map

Duke of Marmalade 06-22-2014 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjkg (Post 1679028)
I heard that when she got engaged, Queen Sofia advised her to pick one designer and stick with him. she has followed that advice religiously, perhaps too religiously.

She used to wear some gowns from Caprile (??), the designer of her wedding gown, but for some reason stopped doing that later

Yes, in the beginning there was Caprile, eg at the Danish wedding or first Pascua Militar. btw, Caprile did not design her wedding gown but Manuel Pertegaz, he's as old as Letizia's grandfather and so is his fashion. I thought that Letizia's wedding gown did not suit her at all, she drowned in it, a failure for me.

Not all Varela is bad, he does have some nice designs but he is not original. I liked the inauguration piece itself but I found it underwhelming on this specific occasion. Maybe I had expected more gravitas to the event. The ballgown Varela designed for the WillKate wedding was splendid as well but I am so over his shiny or too big suits and his lace dresses.

Emmily 06-22-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathia_sophia (Post 1679020)

Please no Mango! We haven't seen that name in one of her fashion threads in a long time and I hope it stays that way:lol:

sunsh1n3 06-23-2014 02:27 PM

She looks great!

Doña Letizia disfruta del arte en su primera cita en solitario como Reina

Lady Marlboro 06-23-2014 02:38 PM

I like that dress. It's different.

ANNIE_S 06-23-2014 02:38 PM

:previous: She does. I´m glad she´s dressing up, as I predicted.

The dress is very pretty. I love the floral pattern and the colours. And those earrings seem new, lovely.

LadyFinn 06-23-2014 02:39 PM

Letizia looks just perfect today. This beautiful dress suits her so well, and the accessories are also a good choice.
The dress is from Hugo Boss.
BOSS Sheath dress 'Dinoma' in a viscose blend Patterned

almee 06-23-2014 02:46 PM

This is a beautiful dress and Letizia looks radiant in her new role. I'm glad to see that she wore something new. This was a great choice.

Isabella 06-23-2014 02:57 PM

What a beautiful dress! And the colors really suit her.

Winnie 06-23-2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella (Post 1679587)
What a beautiful dress! And the colors really suit her.

I agree, dress really lovely on Letizia. I usually like her in vivid colors but this soft summery dress on her nice slim figure is great. One must wonder how long this stepping down of King was known by Felipe and Letizia since these new fashion items weren't purchased overnight.

Fürstin Taxis 06-23-2014 03:19 PM

I would have never guessed it´s Hugo Boss. Very cute and different.

HereditaryPrincess 06-23-2014 03:57 PM

As others have said, Letizia looks great! I like how the flowers are photos since they give off a different and unique effect/appearance, as Furstin Taxis has said. She had some nice choices as Princess of Asturias, although for me her style seems to have gotten better as Queen. I hope she keeps up the good work!

Emmily 06-23-2014 04:18 PM

A dress! And different earrings! She looks lovely.

Duke of Marmalade 06-23-2014 04:21 PM

Shift dresses look great on Letizia, this one is not for me. The print is ugly imo. In general I don't think Letizia's arms are not a pretty sight, she looks better covered up as too skeletal.
Queen Letizia attends Opening of the exhibition 'El Greco and modern painting' | jose gegundez | photographer
Queen Letizia attends Opening of the exhibition 'El Greco and modern painting' | jose gegundez | photographer

Lady Nimue 06-23-2014 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunsh1n3 (Post 1679569)

What a beautiful, stylish woman she is! :flowers:

Jacknch 06-23-2014 04:41 PM

This is a stunning outfit, lovely subdued coloured roses, very fresh and summery!

Isabella 06-23-2014 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1679643)
Shift dresses look great on Letizia, this one is not for me. The print is ugly imo. In general I don't think Letizia's arms are not a pretty sight, she looks better covered up as too skeletal.

Although I do like the dress very much, I agree about the arms. The dress might have looked better on her if she paired it with a nice cardigan or a nice, light blazer.

Lady Nimue 06-23-2014 06:05 PM

She must work out - what we are seeing is muscle. If one is thin there can be a 'ropey' look. Also, she likely looks okay in person - the camera is unforgiving. Still, from the perspective of my milieu there is nothing amiss - she looks fine, it's her body type which is nothing she can change. It's all in what one is used to, I think. JMO.

P.S. I celebrate her lack of 'shame' regarding her body. It is what it is and she is fine with it. I say all good. :flowers:

kathia_sophia 06-23-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Nimue (Post 1679693)
She must work out - what we are seeing is muscle. If one is thin there can be a 'ropey' look. Also, she likely looks okay in person - the camera is unforgiving. Still, from the perspective of my milieu there is nothing amiss - she looks fine, it's her body type which is nothing she can change. It's all in what one is used to, I think. JMO.

P.S. I celebrate her lack of 'shame' regarding her body. It is what it is and she is fine with it. I say all good. :flowers:

You're absolutely right, I competely agree with you. She may look awfully thin to some, but if she's healthy and fine with that, it's ok.

I used to be overweight, and I was restrained and forbiden to dress clothes I wanted but people often said it would be unflaterring and ugly on me, I was so unhappy, because I couldn't wear what other people wear, it's the most frustrating feeling in the world. Though I'm thinner now, I started to dress the way I'm happy about, and I don't regret, because I am happy:flowers: and sorry, but I don't give a damn what others think about me, I like the way I look and that's what matters to me. Sorry for the offtopic...

Princess Crystal 06-23-2014 06:57 PM

Her hair looks so much better!

chuchu 06-23-2014 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Nimue (Post 1679693)

I agree. She most probably looks fine in person. Her sister has the same physique.

Terri Terri 06-23-2014 09:06 PM

She looks absolutely fantastic! Her build has been talked about for 10 years! She isn't going to change now! Well done your Majesty!

Frelinghighness 06-23-2014 09:25 PM

She looks fabulous, very summery and like a model!

Al_bina 06-23-2014 09:30 PM

The dress per se is lovely. Queen Letizia should have covered her arms.

biru 06-23-2014 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunsh1n3 (Post 1679569)

Queen Letizia looks beautiful

dazzling 06-24-2014 02:33 AM

Letizia's dress is by Hugo Boss.

It's a pretty dress and I like how she matched everything in nude with it but I thought it was a bit tight, in many of the pictures it looked like she was holding her breathe in.

Bine221 06-24-2014 05:18 AM

Wow, Very different in style (the large flower print), but it suits her perfectly. Great first solo appearance as Queen!
BYe Bine

An Ard Ri 06-24-2014 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmily (Post 1679642)
A dress! And different earrings! She looks lovely.

Yes a good choice and very summerlike looking!

Duke of Marmalade 06-24-2014 09:13 AM

Spanish Royals attends a Welcome to representatives of institutions of social solidarity

Not the best fashion day for both King and Queen. I hate Letizia's pants and Felipe's suit looks odd, something Ron Burgundy would wear. I like Letizia's jacket tough.
Spanish Royals attends a Welcome to representatives of institutions of social solidarity | jose gegundez | photographer
Spanish Royals attends a Welcome to representatives of institutions of social solidarity | jose gegundez | photographer

muriel 06-24-2014 09:21 AM

I do wish Letizia would primarily wear dresses for public engagements instead of trousers.

LadyFinn 06-24-2014 09:27 AM

Wow, Letizia looks just great! The jacket is perfect, it is beautiful and there is nothing wrong with her pants. She looks businesslike and a little sexy at the same time. That is not a bad thing at all. And her ponytail looks so good on her.
https://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010020...03616419198754

ANNIE_S 06-24-2014 09:30 AM

I think she could have chosen better pants, but still this is an elegant look.

I love the jacket and I would like to see it paired with a skirt instead of pants. I like a lot the ponytail, it makes her look younger. I hope she repeats this hairstyle more often.

Fürstin Taxis 06-24-2014 09:35 AM

I always love her ponytails and updos in general.

muriel 06-24-2014 09:44 AM

I think the look very much gives the impression of "Business as Usual"

princess gertrude 06-24-2014 10:13 AM

Okay, maybe Felipe's suit is a little outdated, but Letizia looks fine. Nothing too tight, too short or inappropriate. Having her hair pulled back is a nice change. Also, I have to say that since the abdication, she looks more and more relaxed (like a weight was lifted) and she is smiling more. Wonderful to see.

dazzling 06-24-2014 11:55 AM

I think she looked lovely. Very professional and elegant at the sometime. The jacket is very flattering. I like her ponytail, it suits her.

halaw39 06-24-2014 12:26 PM

These shoes need to be replaced by now!

An Ard Ri 06-24-2014 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis (Post 1679887)
I always love her ponytails and updos in general.

Today's outfit was ok,no leather thankfully.

Her hair looks better I think in either of those styles as its been a bit hit and miss of late.

Isabella 06-24-2014 02:34 PM

I think her outfit was fine. I (like many, it seems) tend to get bored with the pants outfits, but this one is nice - I like the jacket, and the pants look nice with it. The only thing I don't like are the shoes.

And I love the ponytail. It's well-styled and very flattering on her.

Emmily 06-24-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella (Post 1679958)
I think her outfit was fine. I (like many, it seems) tend to get bored with the pants outfits, but this one is nice - I like the jacket, and the pants look nice with it. The only thing I don't like are the shoes.

And I love the ponytail. It's well-styled and very flattering on her.

The jacket is very nice and her hair looks great like this. I don't like the pants. This style or fit doesn't look good on her tiny frame. And I hate the shoes. Not sure if I've said that enough in her threads:lol:

Letizia really does look more relaxed. Her smiles appear more genuine and go all the way up to her eyes. My mother used to say that you could tell if someone was happy if they smiled not only with their lips but with their eyes as well, and it looks that way with Letizia now.

suztav 06-24-2014 05:17 PM

Letizia's make up is flawless! Sadly, her attire is just too middle class. Sorry, IMHO a Queen should dress like one. While I can appreciate her thinking that she shouldn't overdue the attire while the country is going through a financial crisis, I do think that she should consider that she is the Queen and not one of "us". It's O.K. Letizia, you are the Queen and no one will hold it against you. Wear a nice outfit (sans pants), some minor bling, and enjoy it! Perhaps you should spend some time with Maxima?

ANNIE_S 06-24-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suztav (Post 1680025)
It's O.K. Letizia, you are the Queen and no one will hold it against you.

You obviously don´t know Spain :lol:

dbarn67 06-24-2014 06:00 PM

I like her hair but the outfit is just so disappointing.

sheikah deena 06-24-2014 06:32 PM

I like the jacket very much it's chic , but dislike the pants not so bad but not nice on letizia & not good match with the jacket , she ruined the outfit with the pants ,, it would looks much better with navy color skirt & gray shoes .