The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 4: April 2014 - August 2014 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/queen-m-ximas-daytime-fashion-part-4-april-2014-august-2014-a-36820.html)

iceflower 04-23-2014 09:14 AM

Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 4: April 2014 - August 2014

Welcome to part 4 of Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion!

The previous thread can be found here:

** Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 3: November 2013 - April 2014 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

iceflower 04-23-2014 09:18 AM

Queen Máxima in Rotterdam today, April 23, recycling a combination in brown:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** April 2013 ** October 2011 **

rubies 04-23-2014 09:24 AM

I really like this camel colored outfit. As for the Tory Burch? What happened to her clothes. They were so elegant the first couple seasons....now there expensive and ugly.

Mademoiselle Lilo 04-23-2014 06:39 PM

great outfit she looks good.
she need to do something to the hair though.

iceflower 04-24-2014 11:41 AM

For a birthday reception for King Willem-Alexander in Amsterdam yesterday, April 23, Máxima recycled an elegant dress in a strong colour:

** Pic ** February 2012 **

Today, April 24, for a meeting at Eikenhorst she recycled an outfit from the Spijkers en Spijkers Autumn/Winter 13-14 collection many of us didn't like that much back then:

** Full view ** December 2013 ** Spijkers en Spijkers **

roseroyal 04-24-2014 12:19 PM

I absolutely love the first outfit!
The color is divine!
Stunning!

Daria_S 04-24-2014 12:46 PM

I love the first look. Not too keen on the second.

bertie5252003 04-24-2014 12:50 PM

The purple is very nice the rest messy or too busy IMO and the Tori Birch to the scouts is a total mess IMO

Duc_et_Pair 04-24-2014 01:03 PM

When it is about the Oranje Fonds, the wedding present to then Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Máxima which donates appr. 36 million Euro (appr. 50 million US Dollar) per year to small scale social initiatives, then on beforehand you will see the King or the Queen in their most casual clothes.

The Oranje Fonds is their very personal commitment and they make mystery visits (today was a mystery visit) without any fuss, exactly to see how initiatives of the Fund work (or not). These visits are only announced 15 minutes before, often to the shock and surprise of the people in the project, and then a very easy accessible King or Queen pops by to see and to say hello. It is not more than that. They want to prevent any blockade for a meaningful encounter: keep it small, keep it simple, a praise here, a cuddle there, on the picture all together and there goes the King or the Queen, bye bye.

The secret of Queen Máxima is that you never know how she will appear. She can be drop dead glamorous and outglitz and outglam any other by the sheer carat power of her massive diamonds, she can also look the madam to the manor born, just saying hello to a small-scale initiative. It has made her immensely popular anyway....

HereditaryPrincess 04-24-2014 06:13 PM

I like Maxima's outfit she wore yesterday in Rotterdam. The brown seems to suit her and she looks quite radiant. I love the colour of her purple outfit, although there's something not very flattering about the fit around the chest area. Her latest outfit isn't really my cup of tea. The pattern on both the top and skirt is a little busy for my taste, and the colours aren't really warming to me.

Mademoiselle Lilo 04-24-2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1659979)

For a birthday reception for King Willem-Alexander in Amsterdam yesterday, April 23, Máxima recycled an elegant dress in a strong colour:

** Pic ** February 2012 **

Today, April 24, for a meeting at Eikenhorst she recycled an outfit from the Spijkers en Spijkers Autumn/Winter 13-14 collection many of us didn't like that much back then:

** Full view ** December 2013 ** Spijkers en Spijkers **

i like the first but not the second.
the second outfit seems very ill matched,the skirt would be lovely worn with something else.

MARG 04-24-2014 09:02 PM

I have to admit I am not a fan of the heavy black, or is it deep navy, tights with court shoes. It just makes the whole below the knees area look thick and heavy, it also makes her legs look shorter and ruins what could have been a surprisingly well put together look.

I am also not so keen on the belt though, the 2012 versions metal embellishment looked less clunky or it could have just been the water mark on the photos.

cdm 04-26-2014 07:58 AM

I like Maxima's Natan dress for the first King's Day today

Koningsdag 2014 | ModekoninginMaxima.nl

Duke of Marmalade 04-26-2014 08:38 AM

https://daserste.ndr.de/royalty/niede...ardgalerie.jpg

FABULOUS!!!
Max really knows how to pull the strings on such occasions. I am not a Nathan fan but this dress is lovely, and Max managed a nice hairdo and elegant shoes.

Duc_et_Pair 04-26-2014 09:03 AM

On television it looked great, there was a metallic mosaïc effect in the wonderful Orange-sun today.

dbarn67 04-26-2014 09:04 AM

What a pretty spring-y dress! She looks wonderful.

ashelen 04-26-2014 10:17 AM

I like dress and shoes but not that turban hat, I hate them, but I must say she look lovely!

Duc_et_Pair 04-26-2014 10:28 AM

I do not like turban hats either, but for events like King's Day, mingling with the enormous crowds, watching demonstrations of sports, singing, dance and arts, interacting with the cheering, applauding and singing, this was probably the most practical and the public cold see the Queen very well.

Al_bina 04-26-2014 10:58 AM

:previous:
I have to agree about the turban-style hat/headpiece. The overall ensemble was great.

TLLK 04-26-2014 11:25 AM

This a beautiful look for Maxima today.

rubies 04-26-2014 01:16 PM

I like it too!!

Emmily 04-26-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashelen (Post 1660663)
I like dress and shoes but not that turban hat, I hate them, but I must say she look lovely!

I absolutely love this dress and I do like turbans on Maxima. Not really a hat, but they keep her hair up and away and look so good on her.

carlota 04-26-2014 02:31 PM

wow, i love this pale blue dress of maxima! such a great spring outfit. she looks amazing.

HereditaryPrincess 04-26-2014 03:51 PM

The dress is a little busy for my taste, but it suits Maxima and she's looking good!

Mademoiselle Lilo 04-26-2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdm (Post 1660626)

she looks fabulous i love the dress and hat.

Frelinghighness 04-26-2014 09:06 PM

Love it all, especially beige shoes and great earrings.

cepe 04-26-2014 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmily (Post 1660708)
I absolutely love this dress and I do like turbans on Maxima. Not really a hat, but they keep her hair up and away and look so good on her.

I wear hats; I live in a hat nation - that is a hat. Truly :flowers:

udyusa 04-27-2014 12:10 AM

I think she looks wonderful! Love the turbans on her as they are flattering. Her hair looks great and her earrings are the crowning touch.

dazzling 04-27-2014 03:45 AM

I really like Maxima's outfit, the colors and the print is nice. The shoulder pads are very much her. I wish she wore a wide brim hat or headpiece, I don't like this turban it blends in too much with her hair.

roseroyal 04-28-2014 10:47 AM

I loved the outfit.

Jacknch 04-28-2014 11:11 AM

I just adore Queen Maxima! She is such a bright, sparkling woman and her dress for Koningsdag reflects that! Hopefully we will see the dress again, maybe with some additional/different accessories, because the little coloured pieces to the dress could allow for some interesting extras! Practically any shaped hat will go well with the dress.

julliette 04-28-2014 12:47 PM

Really nice outfit for the King's Day. I don't mind the turban-hat though I don't like the back view of it.

bertie5252003 04-28-2014 01:01 PM

I love the Kings Day dress the turban/hat is a horror IMO but I thought the dress really suited her and was very flattering and I reall ydon't like Natan at all.

Duke of Marmalade 04-30-2014 05:18 AM

Maxima's fashion 1 year as Queen
El año de Máxima como reina, en diez estilismos

rubies 04-30-2014 01:12 PM

Thanks Duke. Our Maxi is magnificent!!!

bertie5252003 04-30-2014 01:20 PM

They have certainly chosen the best of her outfits thanks goodness they are my favourites I have to say.

iceflower 05-04-2014 05:43 PM

Queen Máxima in black at Remembrance Day in Amsterdam today, May 4:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Turban **

Frelinghighness 05-04-2014 07:46 PM

Very elegant.

suztav 05-04-2014 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1662772)

Tres chic!

udyusa 05-04-2014 10:18 PM

Elegant and regal. Perfect look for the solemn occasion.

dazzling 05-05-2014 05:05 AM

The outfit is very pretty and very elegant but the turban ruins it for me. A proper wide brim hat or headpiece would've been much nicer.

HereditaryPrincess 05-05-2014 11:58 AM

Maxima looks elegant and sophisticated. I actually think the turban looks alright with the outfit, even though I don't usually like them.

Duc_et_Pair 05-05-2014 12:22 PM

Queen Máxima looked very stylish. The cape-like coat and the use of a beautiful diamond crescent brooch, the turban, the black gloves, it all gave her a distinctive look as Queen.

Mademoiselle Lilo 05-05-2014 04:35 PM

overall look is nice great outfit for the event,still i am not fan of that jacket.

MARG 05-05-2014 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdm (Post 1660626)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 1660666)
I do not like turban hats either, but for events like King's Day, mingling with the enormous crowds, watching demonstrations of sports, singing, dance and arts, interacting with the cheering, applauding and singing, this was probably the most practical and the public cold see the Queen very well.

Wouldn't you know it, Maxima hit the mark perfectly for her first Kings Day ensemble as Queen. From the top of her head with it's distinctive turban and elegant updo and using her gorgeous aqumarine earrings to segue effortlessly into the glorious blue patterned and shine of her dress. Her nude stockings and matching belt, clutch and shoes were the perfec finish.

https://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/486...%2B3aLIA%3D%3D

:previous: I have to admit to not being a fan of the Turban but, as Duc pointed out, it allowed the public to see her face and wouldn't it have been a shame to hide all that sunshine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1662772)

I am not over thrilled with her beret styled turban and think it would definitely look better will an updo, but the black cape is fabulous and I love her barely black stockings and shoes. They look far better than the black tights with black shoes she has been wearing of late. The addition of gloves lifts the ensemble to very formal.

This is a difficult ensemble to rate as the occasion calls for a dignified look which I think Maxima has pulled of with elan. Her beautiful diamond crescent brooch and hoop earrings are the perfect touch. Elegant but restrained. However, it is also somewhat of a serious and emotional day and Maxima looks to be feeling it's weight.

iceflower 05-06-2014 06:08 AM

Queen Máxima during a visit to the region Achterhoek, wearing a nice new skirt and a blouse - I'm not too excited about the turban-hat, but besides that it's a very nice and elegant look:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** Upper part 3 ** Hat/Turban **

casualfan 05-06-2014 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1663049)

Queen Máxima during a visit to the region Achterhoek, wearing a nice new skirt and a blouse - I'm not too excited about the turban-hat, but besides that it's a very nice and elegant look:

The three pieces just don't go together. I love her turbans as much as anyone but she's been wearing a lot of them lately.

On the other hand, great hair!!

dbarn67 05-06-2014 08:35 AM

Pretty outfit but the turban is a miss though I do like what she's done with her hair under the turban.

muriel 05-06-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

I think this is a very elegant look for Maxima. I agree all the elements may be "separates", but they all work well and the overall look is very well put together.

Duc_et_Pair 05-06-2014 09:28 AM

No matter what Queen Máxima wears, in contrary to other royal ladies of her generation she always tries to wear a hat, gloves, when needed nice eyecatching bijoux, always arrives with her personal distinctive standard waving on her car, with Hofdames (=ladies in waiting) in her slipstream. She keeps up the standard and I applaud her for doing so. Also today the Queen did upheld her status. Of course the one say it will more to someone's taste than the other. For me, the Queen looked very nice for a sunny day in May.

:flowers:
Pic: Queen Máxima and Hofdame Anna Magdalena Crince le Roy - van Munster van Heuven arrive at the Lely Campus, both following the etiquette (hat and gloves et al):

Source: Royalpress
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/d...1091112503.jpg

rubies 05-06-2014 10:04 AM

Perfection to Queen Max. Love this elegant skirt. Blouse is a stunning color as well as turban. Earrings...yum!!

udyusa 05-06-2014 10:12 AM

I'm not a fan of this outfit. The separates just don't go together. I like her in turbans as it keeps her hair looking nice, but this one isn't my favorite. Still I like it better than those huge hats she wears. Love the way she finishes off her looks with stylish gloves.

carlota 05-06-2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

i'm loving this. gorgeous! that skirt is amazingly lovely, and a great combination with that golden blouse.

Mademoiselle Lilo 05-06-2014 05:53 PM

Quote:

very sophisticated,love everything in the outfit the turban included,she looks wonderful.

MARG 05-06-2014 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by udyusa (Post 1663086)
I'm not a fan of this outfit. The separates just don't go together. I like her in turbans as it keeps her hair looking nice, but this one isn't my favorite. Still I like it better than those huge hats she wears. Love the way she finishes off her looks with stylish gloves.

I love this outfit. I think it's the colour of the top and all those accessories . . . matching hat, clutch, shoes . . . and gloves. How wonderfully elegant she looks with her gloves. It is absolutely the perfect finishing touch.

One thing I noticed about Queen Beatrix (and Princess Beatrix for that matter), she always looks perfectly "finished", moreso I think think than any of her contemporaries. It looks very much like Queen Maxima is trying very hard to attain the same standard. It is not an easy one to nail but it is more than enough to keep me checking out this thread to see how she's shaping up.

HereditaryPrincess 05-10-2014 12:05 PM

I'm not so keen on the skirt's material, but Maxima looks elegant and the outfit suits her. I can understand it's appeal.

bertie5252003 05-10-2014 12:09 PM

The skirt is very casual the look is not supposed to be as far as I cam tell.. I like them as separates .. together not great .. the hat thing NO COMMENT.

iceflower 05-12-2014 02:42 AM

Queen Máxima in Rome on May 7, recycling a lovely outfit by Natan:

** Full view ** Upper part ** November 2013 **

And on May 8, still in Rome, wearing a nice outfit in pink - the colour looks great on her:

** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

Duke of Marmalade 05-12-2014 03:30 AM

oh dear god the hair on day 1 !!!!
is this a failed attempt of a beatrix helmet style?

https://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/sit...788404_n_1.jpg

iceflower 05-12-2014 05:18 AM

I don't mind the hair ;), but I had hoped not to see today's outfit again:

Máxima at the launch of a fundraising campaign in Den Haag today, May 12, wearing a recycled black and white Natan coat (she also owns a matching dress) and an orange-red dress:

** Full view ** Upper part ** January 2011 ** June 2010 ** April 2010 **

Duc_et_Pair 05-12-2014 06:02 AM

The Queen looks wonderful, the joie de vivre splashes off my screen.

MARG 05-12-2014 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1664431)

Yikes! No! Just No!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1664441)

Máxima at the launch of a fundraising campaign in Den Haag today, May 12, wearing a recycled black and white Natan coat (she also owns a matching dress) and an orange-red dress:

OMG I think it's damaged the retinas!! :eek:

rubies 05-12-2014 07:48 AM

I thought for sure that coat had done its best and would recieve a nice retiremen somewhere far away!

casualfan 05-12-2014 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1664431)

No it isn't, but it is a weird style. Does anyone have a picture from the back?

AdmirerUS 05-12-2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Has she cut her hair? Cut the back more to the length of the front?

Bine221 05-12-2014 10:26 AM

i really like her style, also the red Dress with the black/White coat. These are Dresses, only a "strong personality" like her can wear....
Bye Bine

bertie5252003 05-12-2014 02:47 PM

I really like this as well .. I suppose it could have been a little longer but I think she looks stinning .. I love it.

Mademoiselle Lilo 05-12-2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

i cant say i like the coat but i like the colors combo.

Duc_et_Pair 05-13-2014 02:51 AM

We need to know the purpose before judging, I think. This outfit would have been a no-no for receiving a visiting head of state. Here the Queen, a known lover of all sorts of music, visited a local primary school "just around the corner" (The Hague) to support a campaign: give each primary school kid a good instrument, under the motto: "Give each child the love for music".

A lovely idea, I think and a relatively casual dressed Queen mingling with children and make them happy by handing over beautiful instruments. For this occasion, the outfit was probably the best: colourful, cheerful, not too posh but despite all not average.

:flowers:

iceflower 05-13-2014 11:01 AM

Máxima at a concert for children in Zwolle today, May 13, recycling a Natan jacket, combined with wide pants and a headpiece:

** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Upper part 3 ** Jacket June 2011 **

muriel 05-13-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1664747)

Máxima at a concert for children in Zwolle today, May 13, recycling a Natan jacket, combined with wide pants and a headpiece:

Looks like a bizarre combination of a very casual jacket and trousers and a headpiece.

dazzling 05-13-2014 12:09 PM

The pants are very unflattering. The outfit would be ok without the headpiece. The headpiece requires hair all up. Overall she looked a bit messy as nothing worked well though her outfit is a great color.

Marengo 05-13-2014 12:14 PM

It is extremely unflattering and just too much, the headpiece, the dead hair, the excessive bronzer, the pants etc. The pieces do not combine at all, the headpiece is more suited for one of her daughters. Yesterday's combination wasn't much either. She can put much of her pre-2013 wardrobe in the trash IMO. I can't recall 1 pair of trousers by Natan that looked good on anybody btw, they are always unflattering.

bertie5252003 05-13-2014 01:16 PM

It is a mess IMO did she have a quick look in the mirror before leaving ??? Horror OMO

Emmily 05-13-2014 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 1664764)
Looks like a bizarre combination of a very casual jacket and trousers and a headpiece.

What a mess!

roseroyal 05-13-2014 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1664425)

Queen Máxima in Rome on May 7, recycling a lovely outfit by Natan:

** Full view ** Upper part ** November 2013 **

And on May 8, still in Rome, wearing a nice outfit in pink - the colour looks great on her:

** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1664747)

First post- Love the second outfit.
Second post- that coat looks like a cow vomited on it, and isn't a good pairing with that dress.:eek:
Third post- Love the outfit, hate the headpiece, looks like something a bridesmaid would wear.

Mademoiselle Lilo 05-13-2014 06:32 PM

i really dislike that head band the whole outfit is a mess anyway.

udyusa 05-14-2014 01:03 PM

I can't figure out what she was thinking when she put this outfit together. It's a total mess (and a huge miss!).

TLLK 05-14-2014 02:22 PM

Bless her she's still the same lovable Maxima who now and then stuns us all with some of her daytime choices.;)

Frelinghighness 05-14-2014 09:40 PM

Last outfit really was a mess. Minus the headpiece it would be passable.

iceflower 05-15-2014 09:33 AM

Queen Máxima visited the Futurelab for Care in Driebergen-Rijsenburg today, May 15, recycling her nice Queen's Day 2012 outfit by Natan:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** April 2012 **

dbarn67 05-15-2014 09:58 AM

The dress is okay but the bow is ridiculous.

princess gertrude 05-15-2014 10:27 AM

The dress is nice, but the bow thingy in her hair is not good.

roseroyal 05-15-2014 11:18 AM

Don't like the bow- turning into Mabel are we?:lol:

Marengo 05-15-2014 11:34 AM

the hair...! Sigh, only a few dead strings and to make it worse that childish ribbon in it. Why???

Emmily 05-15-2014 06:08 PM

That's one of the worst hairstyles ever.

Frelinghighness 05-15-2014 07:06 PM

Oh well you can't win them all, plus it doesn't really fit well. Take off all the bows but the shoes and then maybe

RoyalDaisy 05-15-2014 07:18 PM

Its a no - hair; dress material (crushed look doesn't do it for me), bow.....

Love her but just dont love this. Ah well.

rubies 05-15-2014 07:34 PM

Love this dress. Hate the hairbow.

Danishla 05-15-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1665274)

Queen Máxima visited the Futurelab for Care in Driebergen-Rijsenburg today, May 15, recycling her nice Queen's Day 2012 outfit by Natan:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** April 2012 **

Too many bows . . . on the hair, on the dress and on the shoes . . .:ohmy::bang:

SElizabeth 05-15-2014 11:28 PM

:whistling::whistling::whistling:Oh dear what was she thinking or who was not thinking should be the case............maybe is the bow was smaller, not so darn long, nothing wrong with bows at any age, just the size. I like the dress and a nice small black bow would be okay, get that thing out of her hair, what the heck is that.......sure isn't a hat.....and the shoes I do like, the color of the dress with black is pretty yet not very spring like not for summer. Who is dressing her these days, just saw pictures of her doing something and she had on a wrinkled pants suit with a whatever flower thing on top of her head like a band that children would wear with flowers on it and the entire outfit was one color and she and the outfit blends into one and the same...............gads, how ugly. I go to Royal Hats blog and check out the hats each day for I love hats............great ones and then some...no answer for! Where is the happy glamour queen in the pretty colors?

bertie5252003 05-16-2014 04:04 AM

Agree dare I say the Chanel bag is horrible as well .. it's all too much has she gone mad!!!

iceflower 05-16-2014 07:46 AM

Queen Máxima opened the new premises of Unipro bv in Haaksbergen, today, May 16, wearing a new dress in green - she looks fresh, nice and also a bit funny - together with the hat a bit like being taken from a fresh, green spring garden herself ;)

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** Upper part 3 **

Marengo 05-16-2014 07:53 AM

A bit funny indeed... She is going overboard: all accessories match, the hat is whimsical, the dress is whimsical ánd bright green, big earrings, a strong tan, lots of make-up, and too little support in the middle. It suits her personality but it doesn't give a picture of understated elegance. Anyway, we should count our blessings: the hair is up, it is certainly not the worst outfit of her (busy) week ánd who else could look so excited while visiting a factory that makes floor systems?

princess gertrude 05-16-2014 10:25 AM

The dress minus the hat or the hat with a less colorful outfit, but not both. She in Maxima and she keeps up on our toes, that's for sure. Gotta love that smile though.

AdmirerUS 05-16-2014 10:49 AM

What do you think? Are the earrings made of peridot chips or glitter or something else?

SElizabeth 05-16-2014 11:05 AM

:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:Here we go again with Max and her clothes, the dress is not the best style for her, it doesn't look like it fits well or something. I don't mind the color, she is a colorful lady and queen. The hat, yikes, now who put that on her head and even though it matches the shoed, that is not a good hat at all. Her smile is her biggest and brightest crowning glory, her personality is just unbelievable and such a joy to see.............I really like her and sometimes her clothing choices make me see red. Get rid of the hat and shoes, make the dress fit more to her figure, with top draping and the bottom draping there is too much going on................just use one drap and the earrings, no no no. Look like little girl's plastic earrings.

Wondering if some of these queens wear clothes that are bold and bright and over the top so that they will be seen in a crowd of people..................

carlota 05-16-2014 12:28 PM

that outfit is so matchy-matchy it hurts my eyes :) i would love it if it wasn't for the head bow which just makes it too much. thank godness maxima can charm her audience only by her discussion ability, or otherwise her hosts would be slightly disappointed today :)

bertie5252003 05-16-2014 12:52 PM

Just unbelievable this is so awful the dress colour is fine the style does nothing for her and the hat OMG .. no matter how much is written the question remains wht was she thinking and I do beleive Maxima does think unlike some CP's ... but the last week or so is back to her "old ways" the horror of it ... IMO

HereditaryPrincess 05-16-2014 03:18 PM

I love the colour of her first dress, but think the bows are a bit much. roseroyal, that was my thought too - perhaps she's trying to channel Mabel? Or maybe the dress is a loan from her. ;) I find the bow on her hair to be a little childish. It would look great on one of the AAA's though!

The green dress is a little bright for me, but it looks good on Maxima and is very "her". Not sure what the hat is supposed to be, my first thought was lips in an odd shape, but now I have my doubts... :ohmy: