The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f44/)
-   -   General News and Information for The Duchess of Cornwall (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f44/general-news-and-information-for-the-duchess-of-cornwall-36308.html)

VictoriaB 01-13-2014 03:10 PM

General News and Information for The Duchess of Cornwall

Not sure where to put this as I'm not sure the original thread is appropriate so moderator's please move as you see fit.

In the Duchess of Cambridge thread it was mentioned that the bells of Westminster Abbey were rung to celebrate her birthday but the Duchess of Cornwall's birthday was not similarly celebrated.

I e-mailed the Abbey to see if this was a typographical error and received the following response:

Dear Ms
We are, in fact in the process of reviewing our ringing days and we will shall ring to mark the birthday of HRH The Duchess of Cornwall.
Duncan Jeffery
Head of Communications
Westminster Abbey

Dman 01-13-2014 03:29 PM

Very nice to know and it's good that they will include the Duchess of Cornwall's birthday.

Ish 01-13-2014 03:31 PM

Nice! Thanks for doing that, and it's good to see they're addressing it.

scooter 01-13-2014 06:34 PM

I can imagine why they are. The only ones they ring for now are those either directly in the succession or those who are a parent of one in the succession. I sense the hand of Charles here....

cepe 01-13-2014 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooter (Post 1633017)
I can imagine why they are. The only ones they ring for now are those either directly in the succession or those who are a parent of one in the succession. I sense the hand of Charles here....

and why not? She's his wife, he is loyal and she is going to be his Queen.

Ish 01-13-2014 06:47 PM

According to the list posted in Catherine's thread they ring the bell for the monarch and her spouse, their children, and the direct line of succession (I can't remember if George is included, but William is).

Catherine's inclusion can be for one of two reasons - she provided genetic material to someone in the direct line, or she's married to someone in the direct line. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a combination of the two.

Camilla's previous exclusion ignores the fact that she is married to the heir to the throne and has been for almost nine years now. She is going to be the next monarch's consort, and deserves to be recognized as such, even if she didn't contribute genetic material to the next generation.

Camilla won't be the first consort to not give birth to the monarch's heir apparent. There's no reason to deny her something granted to the DoE and Catherine simply on those grounds.

VictoriaB 01-13-2014 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooter (Post 1633017)

What an odd statement. Why wouldn't they ring bells for Camilla if they do for Catherine? Camilla is the next Queen Consort not Catherine no matter what she is called.

It doesn't take Charles or anyone else to get involved just realisation by the Abbey's staff that this is what is appropriate.

Ish 01-13-2014 06:57 PM

Camilla is the next Queen Consort, not Queen Regent (although there is a huge debate on whether she'll be Queen Consort or Princess Consort that doesn't need to be delved into in this thread).

VictoriaB 01-13-2014 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ish (Post 1633028)
Camilla is the next Queen Consort, not Queen Regent (although there is a huge debate on whether she'll be Queen Consort or Princess Consort that doesn't need to be delved into in this thread).

Sorry, of course I know that. It was a typo on my part and has been fixed up.

Royal_Royal 01-13-2014 07:47 PM

That's only right. The Duchess of Cornwall is a great asset to the Royal Family, and she deserves all recognition.

No matter what, she'll be the consort of the next Monarch, people liking it or not. The Duchess of Cambridge has gave birth to the future King, yes, but the Duchess of Cornwall is years ahead of her (step-)daughter-in-law in terms of service to the country and the Commonwealth.

Baroness of Books 01-13-2014 08:29 PM

VictoriaB, well done that you contacted the Abbey and I'm glad that they got back to you with that answer. I don't think there should be any question that Camilla, as wife of the next monarch, should be included in the birthday salute.

Dman 01-13-2014 08:55 PM

It's possible that the Abbey's officials missed Camilla's birthday by mistake. I'm sure they already know her status and importance within the Monarchy but probably missed adding her birthday in the ringing schedule.

The Duchesses of Cornwall & Cambridge are second and third ladies of the land and I think it's important that they are honored appropriately.

cepe 01-13-2014 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1633049)
It's possible that the Abbey's officials missed Camilla's birthday by mistake. I'm sure they already know her status and importance within the Monarchy but probably missed adding her birthday in the ringing schedule.

The Duchesses of Cornwall & Cambridge are second and third ladies of the land and I think it's important that they are honored appropriately.

If you read the first post, you will see that VictoriaB wrote to see if there was a typographical error and the response indicates that there wasn't.

Dman 01-13-2014 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1633054)
If you read the first post, you will see that VictoriaB wrote to see if there was a typographical error and the response indicates that there wasn't.

Well, I think it's a shame that they didn't add Camilla's birthday in the bell ringing schedule in the first place. The officials must've overlooked something in the past review.

US Royal Watcher 01-14-2014 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ish (Post 1633024)
According to the list posted in Catherine's thread they ring the bell for the monarch and her spouse, their children, and the direct line of succession (I can't remember if George is included, but William is).

From that list, it doesn't look like the bells rang for Diana's birthday. This could be something new. If it is new and the bells ring for Catherine, they should ring for Camilla.

cepe 01-14-2014 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher (Post 1633165)
From that list, it doesn't look like the bells rang for Diana's birthday. This could be something new. If it is new and the bells ring for Catherine, they should ring for Camilla.

why would Diana be on that list?

US Royal Watcher 01-14-2014 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1633172)
why would Diana be on that list?

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Apparently the bells didn't ring on Catherine's birthday last year. If the reason the bells were rung for Catherine is because Catherine gave birth to the future King, the bells should have rang for Diana when she was alive. If the bells never rang for Diana, then it is obvious ringing the bells for Catherine is the start of a new tradition.

Royal_Royal 01-14-2014 10:06 AM

If I'm correct, that's the first time the bells rang for The Duchess of Cambridge, so I think is rather obvious why the bells never rang for The Duchess of Cornwall before: this is the first years of bells ranging for the future Queens and The of Cornwall's birthday is only in July, while The Duchess of Cambridge's is in January.

But maybe I'm wrong.

scooter 01-14-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ish (Post 1633024)

Catherine's inclusion can be for one of two reasons - she provided genetic material to someone in the direct line, or she's married to someone in the direct line. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a combination of the two.

Camilla's previous exclusion ignores the fact that she is married to the heir to the throne and has been for almost nine years now. She is going to be the next monarch's consort, and deserves to be recognized as such, even if she didn't contribute genetic material to the next generation.

Camilla won't be the first consort to not give birth to the monarch's heir apparent. There's no reason to deny her something granted to the DoE and Catherine simply on those grounds.

They ring for DoE because he is the spouse of the sovereign and the parent of the heir. Should Charles out live his mother and become king, then it would be traditionally appropriate to ring them for Camilla. At the moment she is NOT the spouse of the monarch, only the spouse of the heir, and will never be a parent of the heir. That would be the difference IMO. It has nothing to do with how many anniversaries they have celebrated.

Lumutqueen 01-14-2014 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal_Royal (Post 1633179)
If I'm correct, that's the first time the bells rang for The Duchess of Cambridge, so I think is rather obvious why the bells never rang for The Duchess of Cornwall before: this is the first years of bells ranging for the future Queens and The of Cornwall's birthday is only in July, while The Duchess of Cambridge's is in January.

But maybe I'm wrong.

They ring when a member of the RF is EITHER the monarch, the heir, the spouse of the monarch or the mother of an heir. They wouldn't have rung for Catherine last January because she hadn't given birth to George.

Do bells get rung for spouses of any member of the royal family? If not, then I understand why Camilla has not been included.

VictoriaB 01-14-2014 03:36 PM

General News and Information on Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooter (Post 1633249)
They ring for DoE because he is the spouse of the sovereign and the parent of the heir. Should Charles out live his mother and become king, then it would be traditionally appropriate to ring them for Camilla. At the moment she is NOT the spouse of the monarch, only the spouse of the heir, and will never be a parent of the heir. That would be the difference IMO. It has nothing to do with how many anniversaries they have celebrated.

Catherine is not the parent of the heir either - she is the parent of the heir's heir's heir.

Personally i think it would be simpler to ring for the monarch, the monarch's spouse, any living Queen or Prince Consort (the position not the title) and the monarch's children only but if they're going down the track of spouses then if Catherine's in so should Camilla be. Who they ring for should be based on rank not parenting status.

scooter 01-14-2014 03:54 PM

^ When did Camilla get named the heir's heir's heir?

Royal_Royal 01-14-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoriaB (Post 1633260)
Who they ring for should be based on rank not parenting status.

I agree. The Duchess of Cornwall is the second most important lady in the land. I suppose she is the fourth most important person in the country (?).

Lumutqueen 01-14-2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal_Royal (Post 1633271)
I agree. The Duchess of Cornwall is the second most important lady in the land. I suppose she is the fourth most important person in the country (?).

I think you're confusing important, with royal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoriaB (Post 1633260)
Catherine is not the parent of the heir either - she is the parent of the heir's heir's heir.

Personally i think it would be simpler to ring for the monarch, the monarch's spouse, any living Queen or Prince Consort (the position not the title) and the monarch's children only but if they're going down the track of spouses then if Catherine's in so should Camilla be. Who they ring for should be based on rank not parenting status.

Not but she's the mother of the future heir which by WA's standards allows her to have bells rung. Like Ish said, in crude terms, she has provided genetic material to a future monarch. That's the only reason I can see for including Catherine and not Camilla.
I agree that it should be Monarch, Spouse and the heir, and that's it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooter (Post 1633270)
^ When did Camilla get named the heir's heir's heir?

She hasn't, VictoriaB never mentioned anything like that.

Royal_Royal 01-14-2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1633277)
I think you're confusing important, with royal

I'm talking about the order of precedence.

Lumutqueen 01-14-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal_Royal (Post 1633280)
I'm talking about the order of precedence.

That doesn't mean they're important, that's just an order for seating arrangements and when to walk in. Sorry. :rofl:

Royal_Royal 01-14-2014 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1633285)
That doesn't mean they're important, that's just an order for seating arrangements and when to walk in. Sorry. :rofl:

That's okay. We have different points of view. In my opinion, the order of precedence can be seen as an order of importance.

May we agree to disagree?:flowers:

MARG 01-14-2014 06:17 PM

But we are told that while they rang for Catherine, they did not ring the bells for Diana and she was the mother of the heir's heir. So they rang for Catherine, who is the mother of the heir's, heir's, heir but not the heir's heir. Confused? Don't blame you! :ermm:

Perhaps they will clarify. :biggrin:

scooter 01-14-2014 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1633277)
I think you're confusing important, with royal.

Not but she's the mother of the future heir which by WA's standards allows her to have bells rung. Like Ish said, in crude terms, she has provided genetic material to a future monarch. That's the only reason I can see for including Catherine and not Camilla.
I agree that it should be Monarch, Spouse and the heir, and that's it.

She hasn't, VictoriaB never mentioned anything like that.

She edited the post. I didnt quote it at the time just used the up^. then she edited it.

Ish 01-14-2014 06:54 PM

Scooter, I think VictoriaB's original mention of Camilla was meant to be a start into a new paragraph that got mostly deleted - not an attempt to call her the heir's heir's heir.

I just looked at the site, and Camilla's birthday has been added.

As for Diana's birthday, has the Abbey said that they didn't previously ring for her birthday (between either her marriage or the birth of William and her divorce or separation)? Can anyone remember if 18 years ago they rang the bells for Diana's birthday? Or even longer? The list that has been provided is for the 2014 ringing days - Diana's birthday is off the table at this point.

scooter 01-14-2014 07:03 PM

^ Yes I know. I was being funny. She said, heir's heir's heir Camilla. I knew she didnt mean that. Sense of humor boys and girls....

Nico 01-14-2014 07:06 PM

On a side note the Union flag is raised on Uk government buildings for the birthdays of all the senior Royals (including of course the Duchess of Cornwall. Bet some will see charles's hand too ha ! :lol: ).

https://www.gov.uk/designated-days-f...on-flag-flying

Rudolph 02-22-2014 07:38 AM

Quote:

Charles’s visit to the Somerset Levels triggered the hasty arrival of both the Prime Minister and the head of the Environment Agency, Lord Smith — both of whom took his wake-up call and tried to make capital out of the royal initiative.
People instinctively knew who cared most for the flooded-out populace. But Camilla? Lost in the detail of the YouGov poll was a single damning statistic.
It showed that a mere 17 per cent of the population want her to be Queen. A striking 27 per cent want her to have no title at all when Charles ascends the Throne.
Can the woman who helped make Cheryl Cole a star persuade Britain to accept Queen Camilla? | Mail Online

Queen Camilla 02-23-2014 08:57 AM

Another trash article by the trash writer Christopher Wilson from the Daily Mail.

Man needs to follow Richard Kay & give it up.

FYI, Middlewick House was sold after her divorce from APB & Raymill House was purchased. (Wilson can never get his information correct.)

An Ard Ri 04-14-2014 09:22 AM

State hopes Charles will attend 1916 ceremonies

State hopes Charles will attend 1916 ceremonies

Lumutqueen 04-14-2014 09:53 AM

That webpage is unavailable? Also this is the DOCo thread the link says Charles?

Muhler 11-08-2014 12:40 PM

A funny and almost bizarre video of the PoW: Prince Charles imitates disastrous interview in spoof video | Royalista

(Couldn't find a the humour of the PoW thread).

muriel 11-17-2014 01:08 PM

'Camilla squeezed my buttock!' Kelsey Grammer reveals how the Duchess of Cornwall once grabbed his backside at the White House

Kelsey Grammer reveals how the Duchess of Cornwall once grabbed his backside | Daily Mail Online

In my view, this is quite a preposterous article. The only time that Camilla has been to the White House was in autumn 2005, if I am not mistaken. How likely is it that Camilla, on her first trip overseas as a member of the BRF, would deliberately squeeze somebodies buttock, at a formal engagement?

miss whirley 11-17-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 1720866)
'Camilla squeezed my buttock!' Kelsey Grammer reveals how the Duchess of Cornwall once grabbed his backside at the White House

Kelsey Grammer reveals how the Duchess of Cornwall once grabbed his backside | Daily Mail Online

In my view, this is quite a preposterous article. The only time that Camilla has been to the White House was in autumn 2005, if I am not mistaken. How likely is it that Camilla, on her first trip overseas as a member of the BRF, would deliberately squeeze somebodies buttock, at a formal engagement?

Tom Parker-Bowles once wrote that he was a huge fan of the show "Frasier".
Maybe his mother is a bigger fan and couldn't resist.

ladongas 11-17-2014 01:20 PM

Maybe this is why!

From Laura Bush's memoirs:

“When Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, came to visit us,” she wrote, “they requested glasses of ice before we began a long receiving line. The staff dutifully produced them, and the Prince removed a flask from his pocket and added to each a small splash of what I presume was straight gin, so that they might be fortified before the hour of shaking hands.”

miss whirley 11-17-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladongas (Post 1720870)
From Laura Bush's memoirs:

“When Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, came to visit us,” she wrote, “they requested glasses of ice before we began a long receiving line. The staff dutifully produced them, and the Prince removed a flask from his pocket and added to each a small splash of what I presume was straight gin, so that they might be fortified before the hour of shaking hands.”

Too funny. I like the image of a slightly buzzed Camilla fangirling over Kelsey, and grabbing at his behind. Never underestimate the power of a contact high for a fangirl.

Queen Camilla 03-04-2015 12:43 AM

Osteoporosis or from horse riding?

https://stars.topnews.in/sites/defaul...a-duchess8.jpg

Are these bulging shoulders from osteoporosis or horse riding?

Any horse riders on the forum?

(Hope this type of question can be asked.)

Dman 04-02-2015 04:45 AM

Camilla teams up with Fortnum & Mason to sell honey from private Wiltshire garden-
Camilla teams up with Fortnum & Mason to sell honey from private Wiltshire garden

muriel 04-02-2015 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1764268)
Camilla teams up with Fortnum & Mason to sell honey from private Wiltshire garden-
Camilla teams up with Fortnum & Mason to sell honey from private Wiltshire garden

Well done, Camilla, for supporting her charity!

Queen Camilla 08-06-2015 08:16 PM

Suggested hairstyle for Camilla

Do not know if this is the correct place for this...

Camilla has very fine hair which she curls and blow dries to make it look fuller.

She should cut her to one length and take a chapter out of Mary Berry's book.

https://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/arti.../s615/GBBO.jpg

Is Mary Berry getting younger? Great British Bake Off star's glamorous transformation since show launched in 2010 - Mirror Online

Marty91charmed 08-23-2015 06:15 PM

This is simply awesome!
A fan of Camilla, who runs a blog dedicated to her, got a cool reply from the Duchess of Cornwall, after writing to and telling her about her tumblr blog!

Check out here her response (already widely spread on twitter)!

This makes me believe some of the royals do read forums and blogs!

Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall

Osipi 08-23-2015 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty91charmed (Post 1812802)
This is simply awesome!
A fan of Camilla, who runs a blog dedicated to her, got a cool reply from the Duchess of Cornwall, after writing to and telling her about her tumblr blog!

Thanks Marty! Recently I had a discussion about royals and reading the forums and blog with my sister by another mother and she believes that sometimes the royals can and do read this stuff and I was of the opinion that they don't.

Now I have to eat a crumpet and drink a cup of tea and admit a wee bit that I was umm.... not so right about the issue. :rofl:

Marty91charmed 08-23-2015 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 1812818)
Thanks Marty! Recently I had a discussion about royals and reading the forums and blog with my sister by another mother and she believes that sometimes the royals can and do read this stuff and I was of the opinion that they don't.

Now I have to eat a crumpet and drink a cup of tea and admit a wee bit that I was umm.... not so right about the issue. :rofl:

:lol::rofl: IMO royals read some "big forums or blogs" about them to check on the monarchists and royal watchers mood and opinions. I would even get far and say that I believe that sometimes royals make pr-wise decisions according to what they read... maybe some of the "grey men" or royals themselves are members of forums... who knows;);)

But I am digressing...

Re Camilla: I think she bothered to check on the blog after she was told about it because she cares... I don't think she had read it before, but everything is possible at this point...:flowers:

Honeybees 08-23-2015 06:53 PM

We need bumblebees or honeybees as they are known in some parts of the world. Well done DOC for this awareness and fund raising.

Daria_S 08-23-2015 09:28 PM

Quote:

This is simply awesome!

Wow! How cool is that? Thank you for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Lee-Z 08-24-2015 05:46 AM

Quote:

This is simply awesome!

Thanks for posting, I can just imagine Camilla chuckling along with what's posted about her :lol:

Marty91charmed 08-24-2015 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee-Z (Post 1812971)
Thanks for posting, I can just imagine Camilla chuckling along with what's posted about her :lol:

I think she just laughs at her own "horrible photos" as she comes across as a person with a sense of humor and irony... But I'm pretty sure she likes that blog too...:flowers:

Rudolph 08-24-2015 09:32 AM

I'm not entirely convinced royals spend any time reading online blogs about themselves. They maybe aware of such things but I don't see it happening.

They certainly don't read comments. The comments section of the DM is absolutely meaningless. Anonymous users from all over the world, using multiple accounts to troll people.

For every positive comment there will be 100 negative ones. You'd drive yourself bonkers.

Duc_et_Pair 08-24-2015 10:10 AM

That is true. Or some simply sound and realistic, checkable and factual commenst getting loads of red arrows for mysterious reasons.

:(

Marty91charmed 08-24-2015 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 1813032)
That is true. Or some simply sound and realistic, checkable and factual commenst getting loads of red arrows for mysterious reasons.

:(

My post was about Camilla reading a blog about her, after she was told about it by a fan... It was a nice gesture that she minded to have a look :flowers:

HereditaryPrincess 08-24-2015 02:27 PM

Quote:

This is simply awesome!

That's awesome indeed - thanks for sharing. What a wonderful surprise for the blogger! Camilla isn't my favourite royal but it's when royals do things like this that make me smile. It shows they really do care, despite what some people may think.

Now I have a vision of Camilla sitting behind the computer screen with a mug of hot tea scrolling through TRF. :lol:

Honeybees 08-24-2015 02:32 PM

A close friend of mine went to a Buckingham Palace Garden Party this summer and met the DOC. This lady has significant medical training and told me that she was immensely pleasant but 'tiny' and looked 'frail'. I sincerely hope that The DOC is okay.

AdmirerUS 08-24-2015 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honeybees (Post 1813103)
A close friend of mine went to a Buckingham Palace Garden Party this summer and met the DOC. This lady has significant medical training and told me that she was immensely pleasant but 'tiny' and looked 'frail'. I sincerely hope that The DOC is okay.

What diagnosis did she offer for this? I'm curious because "tiny" is genetic and frail can mean many things.

Camilla is involved with Osteoporosis as one of her charities. I'm quite confident as a result of her learing from this work that she is taking measures to guard against this category of female frailty.

Ish 08-25-2015 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmirerUS (Post 1813199)
What diagnosis did she offer for this? I'm curious because "tiny" is genetic and frail can mean many things.

Camilla is involved with Osteoporosis as one of her charities. I'm quite confident as a result of her learing from this work that she is taking measures to guard against this category of female frailty.

I believe Camilla is involved with osteoporosis because her mother and maternal grandmother both died of osteoporosis. While genetics aren't the only factor, I'm pretty sure there is a genetic risk as well, so Camilla is probably more likely to suffer from it at some point as she ages.

I think in general, Camilla has had more health problems than her-in-laws of a similar age. She had a hysterectomy in 2007, and broke her leg a few years back as well.

Dman 09-28-2015 11:58 AM

Book that will reveal the truth about Camilla-
Penny Junor's book will reveal the truth about Camilla, ANDREW PIERCE writes | Daily Mail Online

Rudolph 09-28-2015 12:57 PM

Penny Junor? The truth? Looks like Diana is about to be thrown under the bus once again.

Dman 09-28-2015 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 1824582)
Penny Junor? The truth? Looks like Diana is about to be thrown under the bus once again.

Well, that is something Penny loves doing. Throwing Diana under the bus, train and plane.

Queen Camilla 09-28-2015 11:20 PM

This as of yet unwritten book from a story from the DM was posted on 2 separate Camilla threads....:whistling::whistling::whistling:

I guess Camilla is being thrown under the bus, dropped out of an airplane, run over by a train, dragged by car and then buried alive.

Osipi 09-29-2015 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen Camilla (Post 1824701)
This as of yet unwritten book from a story from the DM was posted on 2 separate Camilla threads....:whistling::whistling::whistling:

I guess Camilla is being thrown under the bus, dropped out of an airplane, run over by a train, dragged by car and then buried alive.

It is very possible also that the book will be written with respect and pretty much stick to the facts without anyone getting maligned and thrown under a bus.

I can't say that I've read any of Junor's books but will reserve my opinion of it until after I've read it.

muriel 09-29-2015 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 1824704)
I can't say that I've read any of Junor's books but will reserve my opinion of it until after I've read it.

Such reserve, such maturity.... said in the nicest possible way, but if everybody exercised the same judgement, TRF would be a lot less exciting! :flowers::flowers:

Marty91charmed 12-08-2015 05:33 PM

Saw this tweet, but I don't know hich sources it comes from

Gert's Royals ‏@Gertsroyals 4 min4 minuti fa
Book Lover Duchess Camilla was spotted at a bookseller near Sandringham picking up a copy of Hans Christian Andersen's farie tales!

eya 02-16-2016 05:00 PM

You'll Never Guess What Duchess Camilla Dreamt Last Night : People.com

A Queen Camilla might not be that horrid after all | New York Post

Dear cousin Camilla… Duchess of Cornwall receives moving letter from distant relative – Royal Central

Queen Camilla 02-22-2016 12:37 PM

Picture from Camilla's debutante years in color.

Her unique shoulders are already evident.

Gotta love the hair.:lol::lol::lol: especially on the hairbrush :lol::lol::lol:

https://i.imgbox.com/dPhplBpf.jpg

Does anyone recognize the newspaper or have a copy of the story?

Thanks

Queen Camilla 02-22-2016 05:00 PM

Here are better pictures of the girl purse and 'hair' brush, unfortunately not in color.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp...z8jvo1_500.jpg

full length with legs:lol::lol::lol:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...b82893cc72.jpg

Camilla always had a sense of humor.

Her top features a couple dancing.
https://i.imgbox.com/dPhplBpf.jpg

royal rob 04-25-2016 09:50 AM

What's Camillia been up to the last few weeks. It seems she might be flying under the raider

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Lumutqueen 04-25-2016 10:21 AM

If we haven't got a picture of her we don't know where she is. She was with Charles on Saturday? At the Shakespeare event.

Ish 04-25-2016 10:29 AM

She was at part of the Shakespeare event on Saturday.

She was at the beacon lighting in Thursday.

Before that I think her last engagements (at least based on the Clarence House Twitter) were in the Balkans in March.

Dman 04-25-2016 10:43 AM

We haven't seen much of her after the Balkans tour. She came out twice the Shakespeare engagement and Beacon lighting at Windsor.

Iluvbertie 04-25-2016 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ish (Post 1883493)
She was at part of the Shakespeare event on Saturday.

She was at the beacon lighting in Thursday.

Before that I think her last engagements (at least based on the Clarence House Twitter) were in the Balkans in March.

My records say she did no official engagements from the 19th March to the 21st April. In that time Charles also went from 7th April to 21st April without an official engagement. This is normal for them - they go to Scotland for Easter and have a two week or so break up there.

One reason why I think people were questioning whether Camilla was at the Shakespeare events was that officially she was only at the evening performance while the events during the day were Charles alone (the CC for the 23rd is already up).

Lumutqueen 04-26-2016 10:23 AM

Found her :)
https://twitter.com/maggiescentres/s...42384593784833

Dman 05-15-2016 01:15 AM

Camilla repeatedly sued by disgruntled accountant

Queen Camilla 05-15-2016 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1889050)

Why post this?

This woman never worked for Camilla.
Her claims against Camilla are groundless.

This woman is suing everyone using a website.

She is currently suing the Queen, Prince Charles, Prince William and other members of the royal family.

Camilla was harassed by the woman for years before the justice system stopped the harassment. Now she has turned her attention to other members of the BRF.

MARG 05-16-2016 12:01 AM

:previous: Good point!

Dman 08-28-2016 12:19 AM

MoD blows Camilla's undercover role in the Army's most secretive unit | Daily Mail Online

Dman 11-05-2016 04:47 PM

Duchess of Cornwall's biographer reveals what Camilla got up to in the Sixties* | Daily Mail Online

MaiaMia_53 03-27-2017 02:51 AM

Discussion of why Camilla will legally be Queen Consort when Prince Charles inherits the throne. This, despite Charles' stated intention to give her the title Princess Consort:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JNyHVtGbWY

Camilla was rather pretty (at least in profile) when she was seventeen. But she lost her looks very quickly it seems into her late 30s and 40s.

Wow, how interesting that Princess Anne had a hot and heavy love affair with Andrew Parker Bowles while he was off-and-on dating Camilla and in-between having affairs with a number of women, some of them married. I can understand now why Parker Bowles after he married Camilla, easily accepted being cuckolded by the Prince of Wales.

So, when Camilla married Andrew Parker Bowles, the article says, it broke both Charles' and Princess Anne's hearts. Then Anne quickly ended up with another army officer, Captain Mark Phillips. So it was love on the rebound for Anne -- that must be one of the reasons why her marriage to Phillips did not last.

Dman 04-12-2017 01:06 AM

Prince Charles's wife Camilla talks joys of her life and 70th birthday plans

A simple dinner party with family and friends is always best.

Countessmeout 04-12-2017 01:49 AM

It is nice her daughter Lisa will be there :whistling:

Name aside, sounds like a good plan. Yes 70 is big, but this is a woman whose job is to attend parties and events all year. Her and Charles are always traveling, if not abroad, in the UK. A nice dinner at home with him, the kids, her grandkids and friends would likely not only be relaxing but a nice break. Forbthosrbofbus who live normal lives, getting dressed up and going out for a birthday is a specisl change. She does it all the time. She is like Philip, simple and quiet suits her.

Dman 05-27-2017 10:39 PM

HRH The Duchess of Cornwall's Interview with The Daily Mail:
Camilla up close! Duchess of Cornwall speaks exclusively | Daily Mail Online

Kinda surprised by Camilla talking about her feelings on those harsh days of the 90's. I always thought she would stay away from talking about it. I like her openness though.

Dee Anna 05-28-2017 04:21 AM

I'm surprised too!

While not exactly contradicting the "never explain, never complain" mantra, it does appear to be at odds with her father's "Gentlemen, we keep our traps shut!" motto.

Osipi 05-28-2017 05:42 AM

I'm usually wary of anything that is printed in the Fail but I'm glad I read this story. Its a wonderful article about a wonderful person. It reinforces my opinion that Camilla is a warm, down to earth person that grabs life with both hands and isn't afraid to find humor in everyday things.

Lumutqueen 05-28-2017 07:07 AM

I absolutely love this article and I'm so glad Camilla has chosen to do it. It's truly wonderful to read.

Rudolph 05-28-2017 07:13 AM

To me it's just a continuation of 'Operation Camilla-Parker Bowles'

No surprise CH did this in the 20th anniversary of Diana's death. There are a lot of books and documentaries coming out, a couple by William and Harry that put Diana in a good light and this interview is an attempt by Charles spindoctors to pushback.

Duke of Marmalade 05-28-2017 07:28 AM

Camilla opens up on pressure of public life | Daily Mail Online
ROYAL EXCLUSIVE: Camilla opens up as never before - in her own words - on the pressure of public life, her early negative press, the loss of her brother and her down-to-earth style

VictoriaB 05-28-2017 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 1989719)

No surprise CH did this in the 20th anniversary of Diana's death. There are a lot of books and documentaries coming out, a couple by William and Harry that put Diana in a good light and this interview is an attempt by Charles spindoctors to pushback.

It's Camilla's 70th birthday. Why shouldn't it be celebrated. The media usually do stories when royals celebrate a zero birthday.

I thought it was a nice interview. She could have spun a very different story and pointed out there were wrongs on all sides. She didn't, she gave a very positive story that really wasn't negative about anyone.

Osipi 05-28-2017 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 1989719)

To be honest, Diana never entered my thoughts whatsoever reading this article. I'm more apt to believe that it would be in celebration of Camilla's 70th birthday than to use it as an opportunity to bring Diana into it and "spin" Camilla.

Camilla doesn't need spinning anyways. She's doing just fine by being herself.

Rudolph 05-28-2017 08:19 AM

The entire gist of the article is how much she and Charles are in love and how she went from the most vilified woman in Britain to 'beloved consort in waiting'

I'm not a Diana disciple but her ghost is never far from the Firm, never more so than during the 20th anniversary of her death. Harry and William have been sharing memories of their mother all year.

You can say this interview is just a 'celebration' of her 70th birthday but I think it's a Clarence House PR move to gently push back against the deluge of pro-Diana stories.

Mbruno 05-28-2017 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1989652)
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall's Interview with The Daily Mail:
Camilla up close! Duchess of Cornwall speaks exclusively | Daily Mail Online

Kinda surprised by Camilla talking about her feelings on those harsh days of the 90's. I always thought she would stay away from talking about it. I like her openness though.

If the Duchess of Cornwall is tired, as she admits, and feels she might need a "jab to keep going", then the solution is simple. It suffices to persuade her husband to renounce his sucession rights and let the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge take over when the time comes. Charles and Camilla can then retire to a quiet life in the countryside. I am pretty sure the British government , the UK parliament and the governments and parliaments of the Commonwealth realms would not only support that decision, but actually be relieved, as Charles is not particularly popular among politicians or the public for that matter.

Osipi 05-28-2017 08:35 AM

That just might happen, Mbruno. In some alternate universe on the other side of the galaxy. Not in this one. ;)

royal rob 05-28-2017 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 1989731)
The entire gist of the article is how much she and Charles are in love and how she went from the most vilified woman in Britain to 'beloved consort in waiting'

I'm not a Diana disciple but her ghost is never far from the Firm, never more so than during the 20th anniversary of her death. Harry and William have been sharing memories of their mother all year.

You can say this interview is just a 'celebration' of her 70th birthday but I think it's a Clarence House PR move to gently push back against the deluge of pro-Diana stories.

First thing I thought when I saw the headline was "Here we go a PR push "

Duke of Marmalade 05-28-2017 10:23 AM

Camilla only repeats what is lived by example by her in-laws (never explain, never complain, just get on with it etc), there would never be another option for her than to live this way and I am sure she knew it when she married Charles.
I always thought that Camilla is not for a royal life but this is what she did for love. She could have had a quiet country retirement as mistress but they took the other option.
I am no hater or lover of either woman, so I don't have strong emotions for either cause but do people still care? Diana is dead 20 years now and Camilla is an elderly woman who made her bed and not only understood that she has to lie in it, but also actually lies in it since 2004.
Camilla has done a decent job so far, she will never be Queen of Hearts and knows she will never be, so the public should move on and leave this Diana/Camilla topic behind once and for all.

Dman 05-28-2017 10:48 AM

I think the whole has more to with her 70th Birthday, than spinning against anything to with Diana. There's no need for CH to do another spin. They've already did that pretty successfully; which is why Camilla is viewed in a more positive light by the public and media.

I like how open she was but, I hope there's a little reminder in the back of her head, that the hell she went through back in the day was due to her own actions. I'm sure she may have some regrets but, at least she can have a laugh at her herself and move on.

O-H Anglophile 05-28-2017 12:35 PM

The Daily Mail story is pretty positive for them. But it reads like they put snippets from various past interviews together for a story, not an interview with Camilla or others for this particular story.

Lumutqueen 05-28-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile (Post 1989778)
The Daily Mail story is pretty positive for them. But it reads like they put snippets from various past interviews together for a story, not an interview with Camilla or others for this particular story.

The interview was printed in full in a pull out for The Mail on Sunday. So they've pulled the most intriguing bits to put on Mail Online so readers would go buy the Mail on Sunday. So you are right in a sense.

ladongas 08-12-2018 02:19 AM

interesting article with pictures of Rey Mill House

Camilla uses her royal clout to crush her next door neighbour's plans for granny flat* | Daily Mail Online