The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Dutch Royals (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Lech Holidays and Photo Sessions: 2014-2020 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f17/lech-holidays-and-photo-sessions-2014-2020-a-36290.html)

SLV 02-26-2020 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 2296339)
You can hear the princess saying these words in minute 2.07 of the video uploaded by Rick Evers on YouTube, which was posted above by iceflower.

A Dutch word that is slang for the female genetalia.

That's all? From the comments I was guessing she was going full out on typical Dutch-illnesses-style-curses.

lucien 02-27-2020 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 2296330)
In a ranking of Dutch curse words this can be considered a lighter variation. There will not be many people alive in 2020 who consider this word 'super vulgar'. I haven't read any reaction of shock by a Dutch person, merely some mild amusement that a princess has the same reaction as many normal children would have. It is a word that many people will use each day for minor setbacks. Esp. younger people will be hardly aware that they are cursing.

If this is super vulgar then Ive heard some more expressive terms these days..I didnt expect her to say klote..No big deal whatshowever.

The Family is in top condition and spirits,a delight to see them and their interaction

HereditaryPrincess 02-28-2020 05:08 PM

Great photos at the annual Lech session. Amalia is going to be a gorgeous young lady; as are the rest of WA and Maxima's children. They've always seemed to be a warm and loving family, everyone seems very close.

As for Alexia dropping the "c bomb" I agree that a lot of people nowadays probably don't realise that it's a particularly bad swear/curse word. It's said a lot amongst younger people. I work in a pre-school and one of the children was overheard saying it, and when we confronted them about where they heard it from, they said "mummy" (for us, we have to involve social services and alert them, so they can watch the family to make sure the children are being properly nurtured at home). Many people are careless when they're heated (which is the context the word is mostly used in, since it's not a nice word) and don't think about those around them. I've heard parents use the word in front of younger children in public before too. It's sadly just becoming normal. In Australia, IIRC it's actually used as a term amongst friends, much like "bro".

Duc_et_Pair 02-29-2020 06:11 AM

And it was a spontaneous adolescently (but unprincessy) reaction on loosing her ski sticks while gliding up in the ski lift.

Her grandmother probably would have said by loosing her ski sticks: "Hoe onhebbelijk!" ("How not to have!")

Imagine Princess Alexia would have reacted like that, then the memes of her with a beatrixian helmet coiffure and a poshy voice would have been all over the net...

Muhler 02-29-2020 10:58 AM

:lol: It only shows she's human - and a teen!
I think we are all guilty of uttering the wrong thing at inopportune moments.

As long as it doesn't become a habit.