The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Dutch Royals (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Lech Holidays and Photo Sessions: 2014-2020 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f17/lech-holidays-and-photo-sessions-2014-2020-a-36290.html)

Marengo 01-10-2014 12:33 PM

Lech Holidays and Photo Sessions: 2014-2020

The annual winter photo session in Lech will be held on February 17th. Princess Mabel and her daughters will be present this time too:

Prinses Mabel aanwezig bij fotomoment in Lech - AD.nl

lucien 02-08-2014 01:26 AM

Lech photo session on february 17th 2014

The annual photo session during the winter holidays of the Dutch RF will be on february 17th.Besides TM also TRH Princesses Beatrix and Mabel,Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien and their families will be in attendance.

iceflower 02-17-2014 04:54 AM

The family in Lech today, posing for the annual family pics:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** ad.nl gallery: Oranjes poseren in Lech **

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery ** facetoface **

** telegraaf.nl: Koninklijk gezin op de foto in Lech **

** zie.nl video: Koninklijke familie op de foto in Lech **

** refdag.nl gallery and video: Koninklijke familie poseert in de sneeuw van Lech (fotoserie) **

** metronieuws.nl: Foto's: sneeuwpret koning Willem-Alexander en koningin Maxima met familie in Lech **

** diezminutos.es gallery: La Familia Real de Holanda vuelve valiente al lugar donde Friso entró en coma **

** hellomagazine: Dutch royal family return to slopes two years after late Prince Friso's skiing accident **

** hola: La Familia Real de Holanda vuelve a esquiar en Lech dos años después del fatal accidente de esquí del príncipe Friso **

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS_BmoAQyI8
Nederlandse koninklijke familie lachend in Lech - YouTube

Duchess of Durham 02-17-2014 06:26 AM

I'm so glad to see Mabel and her girls are in Lech and that everyone is smiling and enjoying themselves.

Archduchess Zelia 02-17-2014 06:32 AM

How wonderful to see Mabel and the girls smiling and having fun with the family. That really warms my heart. It's undoubtedly hard for the whole family, but it looks like they're all having a great time. I love the pictures of Beatrix and her grandchildren.

MagMil 02-17-2014 06:51 AM

amazing galleries
nice to see all happy again and enjoy the snow :smile:

marine2109 02-17-2014 08:04 AM

Another gallery;

AFP | ImfDiffusion - CELEBRITIES / NETHERLANDS : Dutch royal couple / King Willem-Alexander & Queen Maxima of the Netherlands - LATEST PICTURES /

Marika86 02-17-2014 08:12 AM

Getty Images: The Dutch Royal Family Attend Their Annual Winter Photocall ** Zimbio ** lehtikuva.fi

Dutch Photo Press: Dutch royal photosession in Lech

dbarn67 02-17-2014 08:18 AM

The all look wonderful and yes it's so lovely to see Mable and her girls having fun again.

princess gertrude 02-17-2014 08:55 AM

YAY! Princess Mabel! I'm just loving all the pictures but especially the ones with all the adult children and Mabel right there with them. That is so heartwarming. Oh, and the pictures with the children and their grandmother is so super cute, I love seeing how close they are with her. Just a really nice photo session.

Frelinghighness 02-17-2014 09:59 AM

Brave of Mabel to go, I don't think she is skiing. Good for the whole family.

Marengo 02-17-2014 10:19 AM

Today it is exactly 2 years ago that prince Friso had the accident. Nice that the entire family is there together though.

From RTL:

It seems that princess Ariane fell from the ski lift and was asking her mother for help. Máxima was behind her, and tried to get to her , but a bodyguard was quicker and helped the princess up, while the Queen was struggling to get there on her skis. See clip:

https://www.rtlnieuws.nl/boulevard/ro...ch#node_697241

Muhler 02-17-2014 10:54 AM

:previous: It sure is.

Those of you who are used to these photo sessions and who have seen videos of the children before, can you notice any significant change in Prince Friso's children?
That is, do they seem more subdued, more serious? Or are they (hopefully) like they have always been?

HereditaryPrincess 02-17-2014 11:00 AM

Lovely photos of the Dutch Royals in Lech. I love this photo. They all seem to get along well, I particularly liked the photos of Amalia putting her arm around Eloise. Princess Beatrix seems to be close to Princess Mabel and her daughters, which is nice to see. I can imagine that it was difficult for them to come to Lech, the same place where Friso sadly had an avalanche accident.

TLLK 02-17-2014 11:25 AM

Happy to see that the Dutch royals have returned to Lech. This is a place that holds so many memories for them. Beatrix grandchildren are all old enough to fully participate in the skiing fun. I hope they'll be gathering there for many years to come.

Marengo 02-17-2014 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1641838)
Those of you who are used to these photo sessions and who have seen videos of the children before, can you notice any significant change in Prince Friso's children?
That is, do they seem more subdued, more serious? Or are they (hopefully) like they have always been?

The last time that they participated in such a photo session was 3 years ago. But they always seem more subdued IMO, they are less used to the cameras than the A-team. When the A's and parents posed together for the cameras, the king instructed his daughters: 'just like in Wassenaar', so they knew what positions to take apparently. Judging from the small clips that I saw today, Amalia seems very much the leader of the group btw.

Al_bina 02-17-2014 12:46 PM

Dutch Royal family pose for cheerful ski holiday photo on the Austrian slopes | Mail Online

The Dutch Royals have taken to the slopes in a show of solidarity a year after Prince Johan Friso had his fatal fall. The family has taken an annual ski holiday in Austria's Lech resort every year since the end of the Second World War. But last year was tinged with tragedy as the king's brother was buried in an avalanche and driven into a coma from which he never emerged. Today, hugging and playing in the snow, they looked stronger than ever - as their flat-lander athletes impress on the slopes at the Winter Olympics.

muriel 02-17-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al_bina (Post 1641871)
Dutch Royal family pose for cheerful ski holiday photo on the Austrian slopes | Mail Online

The Dutch Royals have taken to the slopes in a show of solidarity a year after Prince Johan Friso had his fatal fall. The family has taken an annual ski holiday in Austria's Lech resort every year since the end of the Second World War. But last year was tinged with tragedy as the king's brother was buried in an avalanche and driven into a coma from which he never emerged. Today, hugging and playing in the snow, they looked stronger than ever - as their flat-lander athletes impress on the slopes at the Winter Olympics.

As expected, the Daily Mail could not work out that Friso's accident was 2 years ago, and not last year!

Al_bina 02-17-2014 01:22 PM

:previous:
Mentioning the late Prince Friso is not surprising at all. The Mail cannot resist a dig at Sochi, where the Dutch team has been enjoying success.

It is always a pleasure to see family photos of the Dutch royal family. In my opinion, they are genuinely tight-knit.

gerry 02-17-2014 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marika86 (Post 1641790)

I love how the family portrait has been posed so that there is just enough space between HRH Princess Beatrix and HM King Willem-Alexander to imagine a missing son/brother standing between them:flowers:

Marengo 02-17-2014 02:10 PM

The RTL news said that Adam Anders and his family is also with the RF in Lech. Anders was a good friend of the late Prince Friso. He was interviewed for a tv portrait about the prince, and their families went on a few holidays together. Baron Tijo Collot d'Escury, friend of WA is also in Lech with his family.

It was noted in the press that Princess Mabel didn't ski.

rominet09 02-17-2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerry (Post 1641898)
I love how the family portrait has been posed so that there is just enough space between HRH Princess Beatrix and HM King Willem-Alexander to imagine a missing son/brother standing between them:flowers:

Very nice idea, very thoughtful !

COUNTESS 02-17-2014 08:02 PM

A lovely and wonderful family, showing their strength and humanity, which transcends their "royalty". They are , really, just a wonderful family.

Bine221 02-17-2014 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COUNTESS (Post 1641988)
A lovely and wonderful family, showing their strength and humanity, which transcends their "royalty". They are , really, just a wonderful family.

Agree. And I really really adore Princess Mabel for going to Lech again, joining the photosession and "fighting against the shadow" of the Happenings 2 years ago..... Strong woman!

BYe Bine

uneas314 02-17-2014 09:36 PM

Really good to see Mabel being happy in the snow with her daughters!

Family looks very united too , wonderful Family photo!

biboquinhas 02-18-2014 06:11 AM

Princess Maxima is skiing without a Helmet?

Molly2101 02-18-2014 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biboquinhas (Post 1642030)
Princess Maxima is skiing without a Helmet?

I am sure I saw WA doing the same.

Marengo 02-18-2014 07:55 AM

Well, it is the children's slope after all. Many other skiers didn't wear a helmet either.

liv 02-18-2014 09:46 AM

Well I saw video´s and pictures of them. And it seems that they are usually wearing a helmet while skiing. There are pictures of them taking off their helmets to have better pictures. So they just did some meters without helmets to allow the press to have good pictures.

HereditaryPrincess 02-18-2014 03:11 PM

MyRoyals have some lovely photos of the Lech photo session that I haven't seen before:

https://www.newmyroyals.com/2014/02/t...y-in-lech.html

I particularly like these ones: 1, 2. In this photo, it looks like Alexia has braces/retainers.

COUNTESS 02-18-2014 08:34 PM

A wonderful family. The photo of the Princess Beatrix, I almost wrote queen and Mabel and the girls is great. She filled in the spot for Friso, which gave the whole photo a balanced look.

marine2109 02-19-2014 07:33 AM

Quote:

Princess Mabel: The widow of Friso radiant family in Lech, 2 years later ...
Princesse Mabel : La veuve de Friso radieuse en famille à Lech, 2 ans après...

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...99%2F1&act=url

marine2109 02-20-2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

The Dutch royal family returned again to accident
Den hollandske kongefamilie vendte igen tilbage til ulykkessted | Billed Bladet

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...essted&act=url

dbarn67 02-21-2014 09:58 AM

Lech 2014 - YouTube

iceflower 01-19-2015 05:55 AM

Lech Holidays and Photo Session: February 23, 2015

The annual winter photo session in Lech will be held on February 23rd.

King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima, Princess Catharina-Amalia, Princess Alexia and Princess Ariane will be present.

** koninklijkhuis.nl: Fotosessie in Lech ** translation **

Marengo 02-20-2015 04:37 AM

Hans Jacobs of royalblog.nl records an APA interview with Lech's mayor Ludwig Muxel. The mayor says that Lech is happy that the Dutch RF also under the new king, remains faithful to Lech.

Part of the RF is already in Lech but the king, queen and A3 will only arrive this weekend as next week is a school holiday in The Netherlands. Constantijn & family is already there but need to leave this weekend as the schools in Belgium will start again as the holidays are a week earlier. That is also the reason why Constantijn & family will not participate in Minday's photo shoot.

Mayor Muxel says that the RF are among the most loyal visitors for 55 years already. Sometimes they also come for a few days in summer.

Article in Dutch: ROYALBLOG.NL: Lech kijkt uit naar komst koningspaar

TLLK 02-20-2015 11:39 AM

Thank you Marengo. I had wondered why Constantijn and family were not listed on the announcement.

dazzling 02-20-2015 11:54 AM

It's a pity that the whole family or a few more members will be missing from the photo session. Anyways, we always get good pictures, can't wait for it.

Marengo 02-21-2015 08:56 PM

The largest newspaper of the country published a nice picture of Princess Beatrix on skis on the cover this weekend.

https://images0.tcdn.nl/feed/article2...KLBP5sF_12.jpg

However, the RVD decided that this was a breach of the media code and has banned the newspaper from the photo session on Monday. According to the RVD the 'personal living sphere of the princess has been harmed'.

RVD weert Telegraaf bij fotosessie Oranjes na foto Beatrix - nrc.nl

JessRulz 02-21-2015 09:20 PM

Wasn't the media code installed to protect the children from media intrusion?

IMO this is taking it a gigantic step too far. How has Princess Beatrix's "personal living sphere" been harmed - there are already hundreds of photographs of her skiing out there, and it's not like she was doing something illegal or shocking/controversial.

gerry 02-21-2015 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessRulz (Post 1752618)

IMO this is taking it a gigantic step too far. How has Princess Beatrix's "personal living sphere" been harmed - there are already hundreds of photographs of her skiing out there, and it's not like she was doing something illegal or shocking/controversial.

its a Dutch thing: afspraak is afspraak-there is a gentleman's agreement(afspraak) to NOT photograph the royal family outside the permitted photo session. You break the rule, you are a fool.:lol::eek:

Lee-Z 02-22-2015 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessRulz (Post 1752618)

No, it's for all the royal family, not just the children
English - Het Koninklijk Huis

So indeed the pic of P.Beatrix skiing is not allowed and a pic like one recently of P.William with wife and son boarding a plane would not be allowed either..

Imo this will eventually lead to the RF being less well-known with the dutch people and potentially fuel a discussion on why a RF is needed at all (it's my experience that there are people who still can't tell the 3A princesses apart)

Duc_et_Pair 02-22-2015 05:02 AM

Imagine that the NOS, AD, Trouw, Linda, Weekend, RTL, Story, Het Parool, Privé, NRC, Vorsten Royale, ANP, De Volkskrant, Boulevard, Hart van Nederland, 2 Vandaag, Blauw Bloed, De Wereld Draait Door, BNN and name them all are fully free to click and film royals and other famous people while they are just shopping, going to the dentist, are playing field hockey, are visiting a friend, walk on a beach, are sailing or being in the snow? Just because they are famous they have to endure all these prying cameras anytime and anywhere, no matter the futility?

The Princess of Hannover has created basic rules set by EU Courts and all memberstates have to implement these in the national jurisprudences. For so far all lawsuits the Dutch royal family has started were won, all of them pretty simple with a reference to Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights, as Princess Caroline did: "Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, for his home and for his correspondence."

European Treaties are higher than national Constitutions. But even without this European Treaty, the Constitution of the kingdom of the Netherlands says in article 10: "Everyone shall have the right to respect for his privacy, without prejudice to restrictions laid down by or pursuant to Act of Parliament" and article 11: "Everyone shall have the right to inviolability of his person, without prejudice to restrictions laid down by or pursuant to Act of Parliament".

To meet the "needs" of the media, the RVD has set up a "Media Code" essentially saying: "Okay, the members of the Royal House will give access to the private domain so now and then. In turn the media promise to cooperate and respect the right on a private lifesphere of the members of the Royal House."

This is clever because -when neccessary- the lawyers from the Royal House will point that the Royal House is, despite their basic right on a private lifesphere, not at all unwilling to give access but request something in return. The first judge whom rules that clicking Princess Beatrix in her free time and posting it on the frontpage of De Telegraaf is NOT an infringement on her private lifesphere according the European Treaty and the Constituition still has to be born... It will only get tougher because the lawmaker will also protect the royals, the celebrities, the famous against the ever and omnipresent smartphones, cctv cams and even drones flying above their properties...

:flowers:

Marengo 02-22-2015 05:05 AM

I doubt very much that this media code is going to be kept indefinately. For now it is fine because the princesses do not do many things that are newsworthy. But the moment they start dating in a decade or so, I am quite sure that all newspapers and magazines will break the code as they will make more money from such pictures than from official ones.

When it was instated I believe it was said that the code was to protect the privacy of the children of WA and Maxima. Only later the code was streched to more members of the RF. It led to some problems in the past, for example the RVD upset at pictures shown of Maxima in Buenos Aires with glasses in 2008, while she was there for a UN function and even smiled for the photographers. At the time very few understood why the pictures were forbidden.

Since the press has the task to publish things that are newsworthy they should never have accepted this code in the first place. Though I am glad that they do not stalk the princesses, you do not need a code for that. It doesn't happen in Spain, Belgium, Norway etc. either. I really can't see why this picture of Beatrix can't be shown. If they want complete privacy perhaps it would be more handy not to go to a jetset winter resort with many paparazzi around. Still, it seems that the press behaves as meek sheep in regards to this matter. Officially they are allowed to published photographs if they are 'news worthy' , the problem is however that it is the RVD who decides what is newsworthy and not the rpess as it should be in a free country.

Many people couldn't tell Friso and Constantijn apart either btw, Maurits was the best known prince of the group.

=

The Telegraaf newspaper in the mean time was in touch with the RVD and removed the picture from their website. Apparently in 2010 the Austrian news channel ORF was also asked to remove photos from Beatrix on skis.

https://nos.nl/artikel/2020618-telegr...e-oranjes.html

Duc_et_Pair 02-22-2015 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee-Z (Post 1752688)
[...]

Imo this will eventually lead to the RF being less well-known with the dutch people and potentially fuel a discussion on why a RF is needed at all (it's my experience that there are people who still can't tell the 3A princesses apart)

Is that something new?

I have never ever been able to tell Princess Margriet's sons apart. I still do not know who is Prince Floris and who is Prince Pieter-Christiaan let alone their wives. I am also not able to identify the two youngest daughters of the King. I would not know who is Ariane and who is Alexia. Only chubby-cheeked Amalia is known to all and everyone, that is what counts.

Charlotte_Aster 02-22-2015 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee-Z (Post 1752688)

:previous:
To be fair, I can't tell the 3A princesses apart and I've been watiching them grow since they were littel and probably have seen their pictures more than the average Dutch citizen. They are all blond with similar colouring and similar haircut , names with all As, and the fact that until recently they were almost always dressed alike doesn't help either.:whistling:

Duc_et_Pair 02-22-2015 05:17 AM

Indeed. In every Dutch TV Quiz when candidates are asked like "name the sons of Princess Margriet" they are already hopeless in problems. But that is nothing new. When people are asked to sing the national anthem, they already stutter after the first line...

Marengo 02-22-2015 05:30 AM

People do however know Mabel, Laurentien and Marilene. I suppose it is easier to distinguish the women.

Lee-Z 02-22-2015 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1752702)
People do however know Mabel, Laurentien and Marilene. I suppose it is easier to distinguish the women.

Women have more choice in clothing than the men (who all wear suits), but these three are probably as far apart on the look-a-like spectrum as you can be :lol:

Anyway, i expect the mediacode will stay the way it is until the media will make a statement and boycot the official photo-opps but i don't see that happening anytime soon ;)

Duc_et_Pair 02-22-2015 05:42 AM

Princess Laurentien (daughter of a Government Minister), Princess Mabel (daughter of a banker) and Princess Marilène (daughter of a Government Minister) all have a very peculiar posh accent and pronouncation. Not that there is anything wrong with that: I like it when people make efforts to speak correct and faultless Dutch but it is indeed not the standard-spoken Dutch. Maybe that helps the public to identify these three ladies.

Of course Marilène was also the first one to marry one of Queen Juliana's grandchildren. She was the first and therefore best-known addition to the royal family.

sheikah deena 02-22-2015 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1752606)
The largest newspaper of the country published a nice picture of Princess Beatrix on skis on the cover this weekend.

https://images0.tcdn.nl/feed/article2...KLBP5sF_12.jpg

However, the RVD decided that this was a breach of the media code and has banned the newspaper from the photo session on Monday. According to the RVD the 'personal living sphere of the princess has been harmed'.

RVD weert Telegraaf bij fotosessie Oranjes na foto Beatrix - nrc.nl

Wow what a gorgeous pics , they looks Awesome

JessRulz 02-22-2015 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1752695)
When it was instated I believe it was said that the code was to protect the privacy of the children of WA and Maxima. Only later the code was streched to more members of the RF. It led to some problems in the past, for example the RVD upset at pictures shown of Maxima in Buenos Aires with glasses in 2008, while she was there for a UN function and even smiled for the photographers. At the time very few understood why the pictures were forbidden.

Right, that's how I thought the code had evolved, but I didn't realise that it had evolved to this controlling extent. Like Marengo said, codes aren't needed in other monarchies with young children, and those children don't get stalked by the press.

I agree with you - and the others who believe the media code either won't last or will have a long-term negative effect - that the press are likely to stop agreeing to the media code when the three girls reach their teens. Photos of them coming out of clubs/etc will be worth more than arranged photo session shots that another ten photographers also have.

iceflower 02-23-2015 04:26 AM

Here are the first pics of this year's photo session! Princess Beatrix was present as well!

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery ** anp overview **

** ad.nl gallery: Koninklijke familie poseert in de sneeuw **

** nos.nl gallery: Koninklijke familie poseert in de sneeuw **

** pm gallery: Maxima et Beatrix nous offrent leurs clichés de vacances **

** robinutrecht gallery ** royalista.com article ** diezminutos.es gallery **

** gettyimages gallery: AUT: The Dutch Royal Family Hold Annual Photocall In Lech **

** pp gallery: Willem-Alexander et Maxima des Pays-Bas : Pause enneigée avec leurs filles **

Duc_et_Pair 02-23-2015 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessRulz (Post 1752857)
[...] Like Marengo said, codes aren't needed in other monarchies with young children, and those children don't get stalked by the press. [...]

Oh yes, they are. In Sweden, in the Netherlands, in the United Kingdom, in Spain, etc. there have been complaints, press regulation commissions, special codes, agreements, lawsuits sometimes even. In Spanish and Italian media you always see chlldren blurred. In this day with ever onmipresent smartphones, cctv cams and even drones the need for protection of the private lifesphere is bigger than ever.

The problem is that it always look futile: "Aaaah.... the old Queen on ski's....". But many futilities together become a major infringement. Give the media one finger, they take the whole hand. The present Vice-President of the Council of State in the Netherlands once said: a simple waterdrop, dripping and dripping on the hardest granite stone, can erode it.

The media code is the "translation" by the RVD of Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights and of Article 10 of the Netherlands Constitution which guarantees respect for the private lifesphere. Anyone whom disagrees, is free to go to the Court and fight it. For so far the judges have backed the royals, seeing the media code as a reasonable working alternative: "We allow you to intrude our private lifesphere on regular moments in the year, in exchange we request you to respect our privacy".

Any medium who wants to fight this, needs to prove before the Court of Justice that making a picture of Princess Beatrix going downhill on ski's is NOT at all an infringement of her right on a private lifesphere and must justify it by the fact that the Princess going downhill on a ski-slope is SO newsworthy for the general public that it justifies chasing, spying and clicking her, with that breaking Article 8 of the ECHR and Article 10 of the Constitution.

In the meantime De Telegraaf has made a comment stating “De onschuldige publicatie mag en kan niet anders worden gezien als een warm eerbetoon aan de voormalige vorstin. Zij is, net als haar moeder, een voorbeeld voor haar generatie.” ("The innocent publication can and may not be seen in any other light than a warm honour to the former Queen. She is, like her mother, an example for her generation").

De Telegraaf noted that they did never sign the media code but "of course have respect for the private lifesphere of the royal family" (they did not explain how then these pictures on the frontpage are no infringement on the Princess' privacy).

De Telegraaf said it was all innocent and the edition with the "innocent" pictures was met with "warm approval" amongst the readers (they did not explain how they found that out).

De Telegraaf concluded: "Everyone understands that this is a question of decency. The King and Queen have right on their security and privacy, with note that the last is limited by the strong public character of their high office" (they did not explain what this has to do with the lack of "decency" towards Princess Beatrix).

By the way, De Telegraaf bought pictures from the press agencies and announced "Three pages with wonderful Orange news tomorrow! No one needs to miss anything around our royal family!" (Ignoring that these pictures are no infringement on the privacy of the royal family as these were made and publicized with mutual agreement).

royalfanvivian 02-23-2015 07:44 AM

Photoshoot: LECH - 2015

maria-olivia 02-23-2015 07:59 AM

Lucky , Lech is not Verbier , where our photo Session was cancelled.
Verbier is a new Dubai , soda 10 euros, raclette 50 euros , a bottle champagne between 3.000 and 12.000 euros ... Seen on VTM yesterday !

Marengo 02-23-2015 10:44 AM

The telegraaf has pictures and a video on their website, so they were able to get around the media code. Since they didn't mention the whole incident on their website, I assume that they were not happy with it themselves.

Koninklijk gezin straalt in sneeuw|Binnenland| Telegraaf.nl

Apparently the king had to encourage his daughters a bit. 'Yes, you like this' he said to Alexia, after which she smiled for the camera's. It must be rarther tedious for them.

Princess Mabel and her daughters were also in Lech last week but left for London this weekend as school started again today.

=
A video from RTL:

RTL XL | mis geen moment

=
And another video by royalblog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00Cj-u29Z1Q

According to the blog it is the Austrian Alpiner Polizei who is partly responsible for the safety of the RF while they are skiing, they train the Dutch 10-12 security staff each year. They emntion int he Salzburger Nachrichten that the king is an excellent skier.

Marengo 02-25-2015 06:50 AM

Apparently the Telegraaf tried to defend itelf by claiming that the picture was meant as a warm tribute to princess Beatrix. They call it an innocent publication and say that it needs to be placed in the context of siumular pictures of Queen Juliana who was also active and sportive until an advanced age.

„Foto prinses Beatrix is warm eerbetoon” - Koninklijk huis - Reformatorisch Dagblad

The newspapers also had a picture ont he cover of the paper edition on tuesday, so they obviously found a way around the media code.

==
In the mean time various photographers/journalists are wondering if the photo session can be changed as it is becoming somewhat boring now the princesses are getting older . There isn't much spontaneity, the pictures are pretty standard and all resemble pictures of previous recent photo sessions. Also some wonder if they can reintroduce the small talk with the press. This was cancelled byWA when he became king.

fortimo 02-25-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1753422)
Apparently the Telegraaf tried to defend itelf by claiming that the picture was meant as a warm tribute to princess Beatrix. They call it an innocent publication and say that it needs to be placed in the context of siumular pictures of Queen Juliana who was also active and sportive until an advanced age.

„Foto prinses Beatrix is warm eerbetoon” - Koninklijk huis - Reformatorisch Dagblad

The newspapers also had a picture ont he cover of the paper edition on tuesday, so they obviously found a way around the media code.

==
In the mean time various photographers/journalists are wondering if the photo session can be changed as it is becoming somewhat boring now the princesses are getting older . There isn't much spontaneity, the pictures are pretty standard and all resemble pictures of previous recent photo sessions. Also some wonder if they can reintroduce the small talk with the press. This was cancelled byWA when he became king.

I am not surprised, that he cancelled this. I have the feeling, he is really stressed by all photosessions, as if he would think during these sessions about what will be in the yellowpress tomorrow... I think he is the person in the family, who protect very hard their private (and also the official) life. I think Maxima would take it not so serious...

HereditaryPrincess 03-09-2015 09:13 AM

Thank you to those who shared the photos, videos and articles of the photo session. :flowers:

The AAA's are very cute, and it's nice to see Princess Beatrix present as well. Like Princess Alexia, I noticed that Princess Amalia also seems to have a retainer now.

lucien 01-18-2016 11:36 AM

Lech 2016 photoshoot,february 22nd 2016

The annual photoshoot in Lech will be on monday february 22nd.

TM King Willem Alexander and Queen Máxima as well as TRH The Princess of Orange
and Princesses Alexia and Ariane will be in attendance.

Princess Robijn 02-10-2016 06:51 AM

Lech Holidays and Photo Session: February 22, 2016

The photo session with the Dutch RF will take place on 22 February 2016.

Fotosessie in Lech | Activiteit | Het Koninklijk Huis

The agenda lists The King and Queen with their daughters, and Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien with their children.

https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/actueel...sessie-in-lech

Marika86 02-22-2016 04:26 AM

First pics

Jeroen Snel ‏@JeroenSnel Fotomoment in Lech #blauwbloed https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbznhGNVIAA2VWa.jpg

Floris Prenger ‏@florisprenger Koninklijke familie in Lech. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cbzn3lNWAAEmD4L.jpg

Sandra Schuurhof ‏@SandraHVNL De familie is lekker ontspannen. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbzqNdVWEAAP-hS.jpg

Sandra Schuurhof ‏@SandraHVNL
De prinsesjes in de sneeuw. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbzplwAW8AAffNa.jpg

PPE Agency ** ANP Foto ** Robin Utrecht KONINKLIJKE FAMILIE IN LECH 2016

Nos.nl: Traditioneel fotomoment voor Oranjes in Lech

Hello!: Queen Máxima and King Willem-Alexander hit the slopes on family skiing holiday

Marengo 02-22-2016 04:53 AM

Princess Mabel and het daughters were in Lech last week as the school holidays in the UK were a week earlier than here.

iceflower 02-22-2016 06:57 AM

I like the group photos of the "boys", they were obviously outnumbered :biggrin:

** dpp gallery: Dutch photosession Lech 2016 **

TLLK 02-22-2016 11:13 AM

^^^And just a generation back the boys were outnumbering the girls in the Dutch royal family.

Lovely photos of the family and it's great to see them all together at the annual photoshoot.

iceflower 02-22-2016 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLLK (Post 1865577)
^^^And just a generation back the boys were outnumbering the girls in the Dutch royal family.

Oh yes, that's true! I think I like it better the way it is now ;)

** refdag.nl gallery: Koninklijke familie in zonnig Lech (fotoserie) **

** gettyimages: AUT: The Dutch Royal Family Hold Annual Photo Call In Lech **

Marika86 02-22-2016 03:27 PM

More photogalleries

Pure People: Famille royale des Pays-Bas : Moral au beau fixe sur les pistes de Lech

Paris Match: La reine Maxima des Pays-Bas au ski en famille à Lech

sm1939 02-23-2016 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1865518)
Princess Mabel and het daughters were in Lech last week as the school holidays in the UK were a week earlier than here.

Oh good I'm glad she was there , I was wondering where she was .... I know it's bitter sweet x x

rominet09 02-23-2016 06:07 PM

Alexia is a real beauty and how Eloïse has grown too, impressive !!!!

Dman 02-23-2016 06:27 PM

Remind me a lot of the Wales family photo shoots when on vacation.

Countessmeout 02-23-2016 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLLK (Post 1865577)

It was a break in a long line though. When WA was born in 1967 he was the first prince born into the family in 116 years, the last being his great-grandmother Wilhemina's older half brother also named Willem Alexander. Will have to see in a decade or so, if CA has daughters and continues the old pattern or if we get a mix. But if we include Bea's nephews (even if not direct line to throne) they were over run with males after WA (of 14 grandchildren, Juliana had 11 grandsons and 3 granddaughters).

Girls are definitely starting to take over. Of Juliana's great grandchildren she has 20 great-granddaughters, and 9 great-grandsons.

Rebafan81 02-23-2016 10:58 PM

Alexis looks just like Queen Maxima, she is one pretty little girl, loved the pictures ����

fortimo 03-01-2016 02:31 PM

Videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spw9r_JekYU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dODT...EPUSrY9z5xz0GQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAHz4g5R5HQ

Bamboleio 01-12-2017 06:27 AM

Lech Holidays and Photo Session: February 27, 2017

The annual winter photo session of the Dutch Royal Family will be held on Monday, February 27th.
It was announced today by the the Government Information Service.
As for now,only the presence of King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima and their daughters Amalia, Alexia and Ariane is announced.
Source :Fotosessie Oranjes op 27 februari - Vorsten

lucien 02-27-2017 01:55 AM

Well,today is the day of the session!!:flowers:

Duc_et_Pair 02-27-2017 04:00 AM

It makes sense that Princess Beatrix is not attending in the snow: she has had a knee-replacement not so long ago.

eya 02-27-2017 04:39 AM

First two photos

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5qLTa2WgAA1wdV.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5qO3OfWgAA0uQc.jpg

Duc_et_Pair 02-27-2017 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eya (Post 1964271)

The braces have done their work. The Princess of Orange has a fabulous smile!

rominet09 02-27-2017 07:04 AM

Wonderful pix of a beautiful family !

An Ard Ri 02-27-2017 07:14 AM

Here are some additional photos from Lech

PPE

PPE Agency

iceflower 02-27-2017 07:22 AM

More pics of this year's photo session can be found here:

** gettyimages gallery **

** rd.nl gallery ** dpp: Photosession Lech **

** anp gallery 1 ** anp gallery 2 ** robinutrecht.photoshelter gallery **

** dailymail: Snow much fun! Dutch royal family beam as they pose for photos on their annual ski trip..**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExZlVX3BdI8

dazzling 02-27-2017 11:44 AM

The pictures are lovely! I love Maxima's metallic shades, perfect for the slopes. The girls look lovely and very confident skiers.

polyesco 02-27-2017 12:21 PM

video
https://youtu.be/1W37E9fC7qQ

https://twitter.com/NOS/status/83617...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

nice "action" photo
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id645879518

ANNIE_S 02-27-2017 01:55 PM

This family is a joy to watch, they always look like they're having great fun. I love the pictures laying on the snow. And I adore Max's shades :cool:
Quote:

Originally Posted by polyesco (Post 1964338)

This is also a super cool photo :flowers:

Jacknch 02-27-2017 02:42 PM

Fantastic images and videos! They are all very competent and natural skiers and manage the photo session beautifully!

royalfanvivian 03-02-2017 10:13 AM

This morning (27 februari) was held in the Austrian Lech weather photoshoot place with King Willem-Alexander, Queen Maxima and their daughters Amalia, Alexia and Ariane.

FOTOSESSIE IN LECH - 2017 | De Oranjes

eya 01-22-2018 10:49 AM

This year the photo session will take place on Monday morning, February 26, 2018, in Lech, with King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima and Princess Catharina-Amalia, Princess Alexia and Princess Ariane

https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/actuee...sessie-in-lech

Marika86 01-22-2018 02:16 PM

Lech Holidays and Photo Session: February 26, 2018

The annual photoshoot in Lech will be held on Monday February 26th.

Quote:

Photo session in Lech
News item 22-01-2018 | 16:31

On Monday morning, February 26, 2018, a photo session will take place in Lech, Austria with His Majesty King Willem-Alexander, Her Majesty Queen Máxima and Their Royal Highnesses Princess Catharina-Amalia, Princess Alexia and Princess Ariane.

RVD, nr. 20
https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/actuee...sessie-in-lech

eya 02-26-2018 04:03 AM

Galleries from the annual photoshoot today!!!

PPE Agency

https://www.belgaimage.be/#/gallery/6097210

https://www.anpfoto.nl/royalimages/s...ventid=2201902

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...otocall,_lech?

Duc_et_Pair 02-26-2018 04:34 AM

Princess Amalia is really blossoming, isn't she? What a tall lady she already is with her 14 years!

Somebody 02-26-2018 04:52 AM

Looks like it was quite cold.

Duc_et_Pair 02-26-2018 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somebody (Post 2076837)
Looks like it was quite cold.

According the newspaper De Telegraaf it was -21 Celsius (-5,8 F) in Lech am Arlberg...

:eek:

https://www.telegraaf.nl/nieuws/1719...ranjes-in-lech

iceflower 02-26-2018 05:47 AM

More lovely photos of this year's photosession can be found here:

** robinutrecht.photoshelter gallery **

** rd.nl gallery: Koninklijke fotosessie in ijskoud Lech **

** gettyimages gallery: AUT: The Dutch Royal Family Hold Annual Photo Call In Lech **

** dailymail: Snow queens! Maxima of the Netherlands and her lookalike daughters huddle together on the slopes..**

principessa 02-26-2018 06:31 AM

They are very brave. The whole photoshooting without caps. It must have been very freezing.

Let's hope they won't suffer a cold.

Marengo 02-26-2018 08:45 AM

A video from royalblog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmhvP41fw_A

And one by Rick Evers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lDFIP7kN2E

kathia_sophia 02-26-2018 12:51 PM

Lovely photo session, and the landscape is so beautiful. Also, they are with caps in some of the photos, they didn't wear them for a brief time for photos but they put them on once they were leaving.

irish_royalist 02-26-2018 01:33 PM

Does anyone know if Princess Beatrix is in Lech? I think she normally joins the family on this holiday?

cdm 02-26-2018 02:30 PM

They went higher up the mountain than the previous years.

Always nice to see them in beautiful Lech.

Princess Larisa 02-26-2018 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 2076831)
Princess Amalia is really blossoming, isn't she? What a tall lady she already is with her 14 years!

Women start puberty earlier than men and usually reach their maximum height by age 15-16. Basically by the time you start high school a girl is more or less done growing.