The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princess Caroline and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f36/)
-   -   A boy for Charlotte Casiraghi and Gad Elmaleh: Raphaël - December 17, 2013 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f36/a-boy-for-charlotte-casiraghi-and-gad-elmaleh-rapha-l-december-17-2013-a-36149.html)

julliette 12-17-2013 09:06 PM

A boy for Charlotte Casiraghi and Gad Elmaleh: Raphaël - December 17, 2013

It's a boy!

Monaco Hebdo ‏@Monaco_Hebdo 2h
"La famille princière a un nouveau membre" dixit Nouvion au conseil national. Félicitations à #Charlotte Casiraghi et @gadelmaleh #Monaco

Axelle Truquet ‏@axtqt 2h
Charlotte Casiraghi maman d'un petit garçon. Annonce faite au Conseil National.

Argie 12-17-2013 09:10 PM

Awww! :flowers:
Best wishes to the baby and his parents!!!

Moonmaiden23 12-17-2013 09:46 PM

I can imagine how relieved Charlotte must be...congratulations to she and Gad and the entire Princely Family! :tongue:

Baroness of Books 12-17-2013 09:59 PM

When was he born?

julliette 12-17-2013 10:10 PM

^^ No idea. Those tweets were all I found

rominet09 12-18-2013 12:44 AM

Delighted for them, I have already congratulated Gad on his twitter account (where he has written nothing about it)

fandesacs2003 12-18-2013 01:14 AM

Congratulatins! I wish to the new born full health, love and happiness!

Lee-Z 12-18-2013 01:30 AM

Very happy for them that all went well :flowers:

Happy Birthday!

Edited: hmm, funny that the news is nowhere to be found but on twitter...how reliable are those tweets?

Edited2
https://www.monacomatin.mc/monaco/cha....1556378.html#
found a non-twitter link

Elektra 12-18-2013 02:57 AM

Congratulations to them :flowers: Another grandson for Princess Caroline, a nice Christmas gift !

Charlotte Casiraghi et Gad Elmaleh parents d'un petit garçon | Var | Var-Matin

auroraDaniel 12-18-2013 03:39 AM

A Christmas baby!!

Lenora 12-18-2013 03:58 AM

Congratulations for Charlotte and Gad. :heart1:

They are, of course,very happy,especially it is a boy.

I would have never guessed that Charlotte and Tatiana would become mothers before Charlene

priyanka 12-18-2013 04:01 AM

Charlotte Casiraghi, nato il figlio - VanityFair.it
Charlotte Casiraghi maman : zoom sur le royal baby de Monaco - Closermag.fr
Congratulations

biboquinhas 12-18-2013 04:47 AM

Is it was yesterday, december 17th, it was my son 's birthday!

Bine221 12-18-2013 04:48 AM

A little Christmas Angel, how wonderful.
Congratulations to the couple!
Bye Bine

IloveCP 12-18-2013 05:09 AM

Congratulations to Charlotte and Gad! May the child live a long and happy life.

Isabella Park 12-18-2013 05:50 AM

Félicitacions pour nouveau parents et leur petit garçon :baby::wine::heart2::star::fireworks::flowers:
Congratulations for the whole princely family!!
I wish princess Charlène having a baby too..

tdarlene 12-18-2013 06:25 AM

A few minutes ago Hola.com was reporting that the baby is named Raphael but the news is not on the site anymore, maybe it was a false report, either way I actually like the name.

An Ard Ri 12-18-2013 06:27 AM

Congratulations to Charlotte on the birth of her son.

Lee-Z 12-18-2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdarlene (Post 1626710)
A few minutes ago Hola.com was reporting that the baby is named Raphael but the news is not on the site anymore, maybe it was a false report, either way I actually like the name.

Oh, i agree, that would be a lovely name... hope they were right but only published it too soon..

cdm 12-18-2013 06:52 AM

Happy news!

The name is on the homepage of Hola, but not in the article itself

I too like the name Raphael.
We'll have to wait and see if we'll get any confirmation on the name, maybe via Gad's twitter or via a new bracelet for grandmother Caroline...

rominet09 12-18-2013 06:59 AM

I love his name !!!!

Marty91charmed 12-18-2013 07:17 AM

I read the wonderful news this morning! What a beautiful name! So the press guesed the gender but not the name! I didn't expect the name Stefano, too obvious. After all the speculations I'm glad they had privacy and no paparazzi at the hospital! Welcome Raphael Elmaleh! I just love how it sounds in French <3

Le palais princier a confirmé l'heureux évènement vers midi avec un communiqué plein d'humeur. "Charlotte Casiraghi et Gad Elmaleh ont la joie de vous faire part de la naissance de leur fils, Raphaël, né à Monaco, le 17 décembre 2013. Les grands-mères se portent bien."

From Laurent Nouvion, member of the National Council http
://www.varmatin.com/var/charlotte-casiraghi-et-gad-elmaleh-parents-dun-petit-raphael.1518647.html

azure 12-18-2013 07:25 AM

Congrats to them! Hope both parents and son are happy!! :flowers:

I prefer Stefano than Raphael! Maybe Stefano is in the second-third name of the child (in case he'll be given more than one names). Anyway, the person is who makes the name beautiful and not vice versa :previous:

Marty91charmed 12-18-2013 07:32 AM

Well Stefano in Italian sounds pretty good but I don't like how foreigners pronounce it! Its Stèfano(Like for Stephanie) with the accent on the "e". :-)

priyanka 12-18-2013 07:44 AM

Palace reveals name of Charlotte Casiraghi's baby - hellomagazine.com

Nace el hijo de Carlota Casiraghi y Gad Elmaleh

Raphael

Stéphane Bern : "La naissance du fils de Charlotte Casiraghi et Gad Elmaleh touche les Français" - Vidéo Dailymotion

Stéphane Bern says the birth of Raphael

Charlotte Casiraghi mamma, è nato Raphael #vid 18/12/2013 - YouTube

italian video ..

Fürstin Taxis 12-18-2013 07:45 AM

Congrats to Charlotte, Gad and Raphaël :baby::champagne:

Archduchess Zelia 12-18-2013 09:31 AM

Congratulations to Charlotte and Gad :flowers:

The ending -ël in Raphaël gets a little mooshed together with the beginning El- of Elmaleh, but lovely name nonetheless.

Bine221 12-18-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bine221 (Post 1626697)
A little Christmas Angel, how wonderful.
Congratulations to the couple!
Bye Bine

And even the name of an archangel :angel::angel::angel: just perfect, what a lovely pronounciation in the name!
I love it!
BYe Bine

Isabella Park 12-18-2013 09:48 AM

Raphaël is a really nice choice for baby boy!!
This name is so beautiful... :whistling:

lazuli 12-18-2013 09:58 AM

At last!!! I´ve just read the good news... Congratulations to both parents and P. Caroline. And what to say about the baby's name??? It's beautiful and totally unexpected. May the three of them be very, very happy...
:baby: :baby: :baby:

The comunicado from the palace ( with an humoristic note regardind the grandmothers...:lol: )

El comunicado oficial de Palacio: 'Las abuelas se encuentran bien'

https://El comunicado oficial de Pala...tran bien&#39;

:champagne: :monacoflag: :champagne:

Paris Match

Royal Blog - Monaco. Charlotte et Gad dévoilent le prénom du bébé - Paris Match

Voici

Charlotte Casiraghi et Gad Elmaleh*: leur fils est né ! - Voici

https://Charlotte Casiraghi et Gad El... fils est né !

Semana

Carlota Casiraghi, mamá de un niño

https://El hijo de Carlota Casiraghi ... llama Raphaël

fandesacs2003 12-18-2013 10:24 AM

I love that they announced immediately, all my wishes to baby Raphael!
I found interesting that Charlotte and Gad announced officially the name immediately and Andrea and Tatiana, never confirmed their little boy's name, even after 6 months.

USAPolitics 12-18-2013 10:38 AM

Love the name. Congrats to both parents and families, and all of Monaco. This is no doubt the culmination of them seeing Charlotte grow into a beautiful women. Lovely to see.

Even more lovely that it was announced by the palace and the President of the National Council. Everyone in Monaco must be quite excited.

Found it weird that the palace announced that the "grandmothers were doing fine."

But now I hear that it was a joke from Charlotte and Gad--which makes tons of sense considering Gad is a comedian and has spoken of HRH Princess Caroline's good sense of humor.

julliette 12-18-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 (Post 1626757)
I love that they announced immediately, all my wishes to baby Raphael!
I found interesting that Charlotte and Gad announced officially the name immediately and Andrea and Tatiana, never confirmed their little boy's name, even after 6 months.

Good point!

Well, Congratulations to the new parents:flowers: I like how Raphaël sounds in french, though it's far from being a name I like.

Mariel 12-18-2013 11:08 AM

Love the name, but it will get "smooshed", the final -el and the initial El- in Elmelah. Probably he will be known popularly as Raph Elmelah. Probably already is called Raph or El-el.
Very creative name.

Isabella 12-18-2013 11:13 AM

Aww, congratulations to Charlotte and Gad! Raphaël is a lovely name - I don't know why, but it put a smile on my face when I heard they'd named him that. :)

Biri 12-18-2013 11:19 AM

Congratulations to Charlotte, Gad, big brother Noe and both grandmas!
A little playmate for Sacha, how sweet!
Welcome to the world, Raphael Elmaleh!:monacoflag::moroccoflag::franceflag::italyflag::usaflag::baby::duckie::rose2::fireworks::menorah::xmasbell:

MagMil 12-18-2013 11:26 AM

:fireworks:
Congrats to the new parents, grandmother and other family relatives :smile:

HereditaryPrincess 12-18-2013 11:48 AM

Congratulations to Charlotte and Gad, what a lovely early Christmas present! :monacoflag: :baby: :flowers:

Although I'm a little disappointed that Raphael isn't a girl, I love his name. I know a little Raphael, and have always found it to be a cute name.

USAPolitics 12-18-2013 12:07 PM

Since she gave birth in Monaco, I'm guessing she will spend the first few weeks or months in Monaco. With Monaco being so small, perhaps we will see baby's first outing!

Andrea and Tatiana will likely be visiting Monaco from London soon, too, no?

julliette 12-18-2013 12:16 PM

^^ Maybe they'll all be reunited in Monaco for Christmas.

Marisaa 12-18-2013 01:04 PM

Charlotte is a mother! :D it's been ten years since I follow her life. How wonderful, another Grimaldi generation to follow! :D :D :D

Dman 12-18-2013 01:10 PM

Congrats to Charlotte and welcome baby Raphael.

Empress Merel 12-18-2013 01:12 PM

Congrats to Charlotte and Gad! Raphael Elmaleh has a really great sound to it and even sounds kind of Christmas-y.

Nadezhda 12-18-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empress Merel (Post 1626816)
Congrats to Charlotte and Gad! Raphael Elmaleh has a really great sound to it and even sounds kind of Christmas-y.

Congratulations to Charlotte and Gad! :rose2:
Actually Raphael is a Hebrew name:
Behind the Name: Meaning, Origin and History of the Name Raphael

C4A 12-18-2013 01:47 PM

Has it been confirmed that he will take Gad's surname?

FESAC 12-18-2013 01:52 PM

congratulations to both, i wish that charlotte and her baby raphael have good health

Biri 12-18-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C4A (Post 1626825)

Why not? I an sure Gad will officially recognize him as his child.

Lee-Z 12-18-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C4A (Post 1626825)

You know what: "Raphael Casiraghi" sounds equally good :flowers:

Marengo 12-18-2013 02:42 PM

I am not sure if this is possible in France, but in some countries it is possible for the parents to select the last name, even when their parents are married. Still, it is an exception when children of a (married) couple receive the last name of the mother.

Congratulations to the couple (& grand mothers). Raphael is a lovely name IMO.

carlota 12-18-2013 03:06 PM

lovely news, congrats to the couple. hopefully they will release some pictures!

i love the comment in the official announcement on that "the grandmas are doing fine": such a wink to gad´s profession! :)

i don´t really like the name raphael, although it sounds better in french than in any other languages i know.

Sephora 12-18-2013 03:20 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
So Raphael will have both nationalities, Monegasque and Moroccan, since Gad is a Moroccan who got also French citizenship on 2002 by naturalisation processus, and since French citizens can't get the Monegasque citizenship :-)

LadyFinn 12-18-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephora (Post 1626850)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
So Raphael will have both nationalities, Monegasque and Moroccan, since Gad is a Moroccan who got also French citizenship on 2002 by naturalisation processus, and since French citizens can't get the Monegasque citizenship :-)

Dual nationality is strictly forbidden under Monégasque law.

Jaya 12-18-2013 03:28 PM

Congratulations first to HRH Princess Caroline for becoming a grandmother by her second child the equally lovely Charlotte Casiraghi. Thankyou Princess Caro for being all that you have been and are.To Charlotte Casiraghi and to Gad E congratulations on bringing your greatest creation to life Rafael.
And finally Congrats to all the uncles and aunts that have been created as a result especially HSH Prince Albert and HSH Princess Charlene.{great uncle and great aunt}

Biri 12-18-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaya (Post 1626855)
And finally Congrats to all the uncles and aunts that have been created as a result especially HSH Prince Albert and HSH Princess Charlene.

Albert is, in fact, Raphael's great-uncle; his uncles are Andrea and Pierre Casiraghi and Arie Elmaleh; aunts are Princess Alexandra of Hannover and Judith Elmaleh.

Sephora 12-18-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1626852)
Dual nationality is strictly forbidden under Monégasque law.

Charlotte doesn't have Italian nationality beside the Monegaque one???
In Luxemburg also the dual nationality is forbidden, but there's a bilateral agreement with a country like Morocco, because Moroccan citizens and their families cannot be deprived of their Moroccan nationality in any case according to the constitution.

I know many Moroccans in Luxemburg who got both passports. I don't know if there's such as agreement between Monaco and Morocco. I also know many French and Belgian people who asked for Luxemburgisch citizenship, but they had to drop their French or Belgian nationality, it was the case of Stéphanie de Lanoy when she got married to Luxemburg's crown prince.

fandesacs2003 12-18-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1626838)
I am not sure if this is possible in France, but in some countries it is possible for the parents to select the last name, even when their parents are married. Still, it is an exception when children of a (married) couple receive the last name of the mother

In Greece when a couple marry they have the right to choose if their kids will bear the surname of the father or the mother. But i can guarantee you that the percentage choosing mother's surname is near zero!

Frelinghighness 12-18-2013 05:19 PM

Lovely name, an archangel! Hope we get a picture, pretty please! And would love to know his size too!

rominet09 12-18-2013 06:10 PM

I really doubt we will get a pic (or from behind and from papparazzi) such a pity, I hope he has his father's eyes !

Mademoiselle Lilo 12-18-2013 06:48 PM

i love the name Rafael.
Congratulation to Gad and Charlotte.

COUNTESS 12-18-2013 08:18 PM

Charming. And they will marry some time in the future and perhaps give the baby a last name. On the other hand, don't blame the baby, I am sure he is adorable and should live a long and happy life.

Moonmaiden23 12-18-2013 08:33 PM

Part of me was hoping that the little one would be born on what would have been Stephano and Caroline's 30th wedding anniversary...Dec29th.:whistling:

But ayyy...after seeing those last photos of Charlotte I am happy she didn't have to wait 2 more weeks to give birth!:eek: I wonder how much little Raphael weighed in at?

Frelinghighness 12-18-2013 09:22 PM

I must say I find it funny that so many assume the baby will take its father's name. Apparently, marriage was something they weren't interested in, so why would Charlotte want to have her baby's name different than hers?
Such a very old fashioned concept for a 21st century couple?

Mariel 12-18-2013 09:25 PM

Raphael is not just a Hebrew name, it is used by both Christians and Jews, so it is appropriate for a baby of these parents! I am not sure Raphael is in the Bible, old or new Testament, does anyone know? I know the other archangels, Gabriel and Michael are there. But Raphael is traditionally another Archangel, this being held by both Jewish and Christian people.

Frelinghighness 12-18-2013 09:37 PM

The below description from Wikipedia, says that Raphael is venerated in the Roman Catholic church:

Michael and Gabriel are recognised as archangels in Judaism, Islam, and by most Christians. The Book of Tobit—recognised in the Catholic and Orthodox Bibles, but considered apocryphal by Protestants—mentions Raphael, who is also considered to be an archangel. The archangels Michael, Gabriel and Raphael are venerated in the Roman Catholic Church with a feast on September 29 (between 1921 and 1969 March 24 for Gabriel and 24 October for Raphael), and in the Eastern Orthodox Church on November 8 (if the Julian calendar is used, this corresponds to November 21 in the Gregorian). The named archangels in Islam are Gabriel, Michael, Israfil and Azrael

Princess Mahala 12-18-2013 10:56 PM

Congratulations to the family! those boys are going to be handful in some years :tongue:

Marisaa 12-19-2013 05:00 AM

I thnik that now he is "Rafael Casiraghi" and in the case of marriage of his parents, he will become Rafael Elmaleh, and so his mother will become "Charlotte Elmaleh". As simple as that. Or Charlotte and Rafael will remain "Casiraghis" for good, even if Charlotte and Gad will marry

sjetajiem 12-19-2013 05:49 AM

I know that in France unmarried couples can choose between the paternal, the maternal or a combination of both familynames.
So dependently of the parents' choice the child will be Raphael Elmaleh, Raphael Casiraghi, Raphael Elmaleh Casiraghi or Raphael Casiraghi Elmaleh.

Did not Gad say that he wanted to have his familyname for his second son?

selket 12-19-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rominet09 (Post 1626888)
I really doubt we will get a pic (or from behind and from papparazzi) such a pity, I hope he has his father's eyes !

Yes indeed. But they will be blue, regardless, with two blue-eyed parents.

Lady Kathleen 12-19-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by selket (Post 1626998)

That is not guaranteed. Two blue-eyed parents can have a child with a different eye color.

azure 12-19-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Kathleen (Post 1626999)
That is not guaranteed. Two blue-eyed parents can have a child with a different eye color.

Yeah, indeed, but chances are minor. In case of Charlotte, her relatives - mostly everyone if i am not mistaken (?) - have blue eyes.
I don't know what's going on with Gad's family side

LadyFinn 12-19-2013 10:11 AM

Gad on his Twitter
https://twitter.com/gadelmaleh/statu...21596276797441

Duchessmary 12-19-2013 10:32 AM

So how does this little guy figure into the succession, or does he at all?
:biggrin:

FanofMonaco 12-19-2013 10:45 AM

He is out of the line of succession unless Gad and Charlotte marry.

julliette 12-19-2013 11:50 AM

I know that in France couples can chose the last name but can some french poster clarify how many couples actually choose something different that just father's surname?

I would be very surprised if the kid was not Raphël Elmaleh.

dazzling 12-19-2013 11:51 AM

Lovely name and congratulations to the couple. Now, I can't wait to see a picture of the little baby with his parents.

fandesacs2003 12-19-2013 12:22 PM

I m quite sure that the baby will be Raphael El Maleh, otherwise it will be slightly offending for Gad. They live in couple and he will for sure recognize it.
Camille Gottlieb bears her father's name,even if her parents never married and they were very shortly in couple.

lazuli 12-19-2013 01:30 PM

From Hola... The whole family has already visited the new member of the family

Gad Elmaleh, agradecido y emocionado tras el nacimiento de Raphaël, su primer hijo con Carlota Casiraghi.

https://Primeras palabras de Gad Elma...mocionado&#39;

Juliette2 12-19-2013 03:24 PM

Raphël! J'adore! The name is very Italian, too. Like the Renaissance painter Raffaello Sanzio who signed his paintings "Raphaello" or "Raphael".

FESAC 12-19-2013 09:50 PM

i want to see pictures of baby raphael

Isabella Park 12-20-2013 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FESAC (Post 1627267)
i want to see pictures of baby raphael

Me too!!
Baby Raphaël must be a little angel ;)

Marisaa 12-20-2013 05:40 AM

My cousin was born December the16th ang when he lay in cradle, we had an impression that we have a baby Jesus for Christmas. It is really a perfect time to give birth! :D :D

rominet09 12-20-2013 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marisaa (Post 1627311)
My cousin was born December the16th ang when he lay in cradle, we had an impression that we have a baby Jesus for Christmas. It is really a perfect time to give birth! :D :D

It must have been wonderful to see !:smile:

compatissant 12-20-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by selket (Post 1626998)

Recessive genes can play a huge part in eye color. Not a given that the baby will be blue eyed.

Diane

maya35 12-20-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by compatissant (Post 1627335)
Recessive genes can play a huge part in eye color. Not a given that the baby will be blue eyed.

Diane

Blue is a recessive gene. Two parents with blue eyes have only recessive genes, therefore their child can have only blue ( or green eyes ). Brown is a dominant, therefore two parents with brown eyes can still have recessive genes to pass on, and a child can be blue eyed:) but two blue eyed parents can never have a brown eyed child, due to them lacking a dominant gene:) hope that helps.

Ish 12-20-2013 12:41 PM

Blue eyed parents are statistically very unlikely to have anything but a blue eyed child, but as there are more than two eye colours and at least 15 different genes associated with eye colour. So even though Raphaël's parents both have blue eyes, he could end up with a different eye colour.

FESAC 12-20-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella Park (Post 1627310)
Me too!!
Baby Raphaël must be a little angel ;)

im agree with you, he most be a little and pretty angel

rominet09 12-20-2013 06:15 PM

I have seen once a pic of him when he was very young. All I can say is : HUGE eyes, lovely little face !!!! Pity the pic was in black and white !!!

Frelinghighness 12-20-2013 08:07 PM

Is she out of the hospital yet?

CyrilVladisla 12-20-2013 08:47 PM

I absolutely like the child's name of Raphael!

lazuli 12-22-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frelinghighness (Post 1627569)
Is she out of the hospital yet?

According to Paris Match the new family left the hospital yesterday ( 21/12 ) around 16h30 very discretely... No photos, no presentation of the baby to the press...

Royal Blog - Monaco. Discrète sortie de la maternité pour Raphaël - Paris Match

https://Charlotte Casiraghi et Gad El... fils Raphaël.

Hola also refers that Charlotte has already left the hospital...

Carlota Casiraghi podría haber abandonado el hospital junto a su hijo, Raphaël.

https://Carlota Casiraghi podría habe...u hijo Raphaël

Lady Kathleen 12-22-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maya35 (Post 1627357)
Blue is a recessive gene. Two parents with blue eyes have only recessive genes, therefore their child can have only blue ( or green eyes ). Brown is a dominant, therefore two parents with brown eyes can still have recessive genes to pass on, and a child can be blue eyed:) but two blue eyed parents can never have a brown eyed child, due to them lacking a dominant gene:) hope that helps.

This is based on outdated science. Eye color inheritance doesn't work that way. Two blue-eyed parents can definitely have a brown-eyed child.

My brother has brown eyes and he has no brown-eyed parents or grandparents. Genes from several generations back can pop up in unexpected ways.

Lee-Z 12-22-2013 12:48 PM

Science has evolved since i went to school :lol:
but indeed, here is the story of eye color Eye color - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Frelinghighness 12-23-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazuli (Post 1627863)
According to Paris Match the new family left the hospital yesterday ( 21/12 ) around 16h30 very discretely... No photos, no presentation of the baby to the press...

Royal Blog - Monaco. Discrète sortie de la maternité pour Raphaël - Paris Match

https://Charlotte Casiraghi et Gad El... fils Raphaël.

Hola also refers that Charlotte has already left the hospital...

Carlota Casiraghi podría haber abandonado el hospital junto a su hijo, Raphaël.

https://Carlota Casiraghi podría habe...u hijo Raphaël

Thank you. With a 4 night stay, I'm thinking she had a c section

Argie 12-23-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frelinghighness (Post 1628063)
Thank you. With a 4 night stay, I'm thinking she had a c section

No way, in Europe, where I had 2 Cs, I stayed 7 days each.

rominet09 12-23-2013 06:13 PM

They will have a wonderful Christmas !!!! What a joy for their families !!!!

julliette 12-23-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argie (Post 1628069)
No way, in Europe, where I had 2 Cs, I stayed 7 days each.

It varies from country to country. But 4 nights sounds a bit too much for a natural birth, IMO.

COUNTESS 12-23-2013 08:39 PM

I am old. My oldest is 50, and we only stayed 3 nights unless there was a problem. So why 4 nights? So, probably a C-Section, as today, it is 24 hours, unless there is a difficulty.

Marisaa 12-24-2013 03:24 AM

She gave birth on the night of 17th and 18th December..so 18th,19th,20th and on the 21th she left hospital.3 days in hospital is completely normal, even for natural birth.

Tosca 12-24-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juliette2 (Post 1627142)
Raphël! J'adore! The name is very Italian, too. Like the Renaissance painter Raffaello Sanzio who signed his paintings "Raphaello" or "Raphael".

Raffaello is an out-of-date name. It's usually referred to the painter. Nowadays the name Raffaele is preferred, which is very common in Southern Italy, especially in the Naples area.

The girl's name Raffaella is very common instead. The Spanish speaking readers have surely heard of Raffaella Carrà.;)

QUEENECE29 12-24-2013 12:06 PM

Congratulations Charlotte & Gad and Monaco Royal Family
SELDA's ROYAL: SON FOR CHARLOTTE CASIRAGHI