The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f236/)
-   -   The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 3 (Sept 2004 - Feb 2005) (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f236/the-prince-of-orange-and-princess-m-xima-current-events-3-sept-2004-feb-2005-a-3599.html)

Gabriella 09-14-2004 09:04 PM

The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 3 (Sept 2004 - Feb 2005)

Here is the new thread for news and photos of Willem-Alexander and Maxima. Enjoy! :)

Alisa 09-15-2004 01:41 PM

There she is! I had wondered what had happened to the couple. I saw the Queen was back to work 2 weeks ago and even Constantijn and Princess Laurentien, but not the PRince and Princess of Oranje.

I'm not a fan of those shoes, but other than that she looks great, happy, and relaxed :)

susan alicia 09-15-2004 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alisa
There she is! I had wondered what had happened to the couple. I saw the Queen was back to work 2 weeks ago and even Constantijn and Princess Laurentien, but not the PRince and Princess of Oranje.

I'm not a fan of those shoes, but other than that she looks great, happy, and relaxed :)

the shoes look clunky, like from the sixties (or eighties), and the colour......

carlota 09-16-2004 05:17 AM

maxima was lovely yesterday with that hat....

Mandy 09-16-2004 12:16 PM

Thanks for the great pictures. Maxama looks great. I like the colours and articles that she is wearing but here, I find that some of the colours don't seem to match each other. It could just be the lighting!

xxLindaxx 09-16-2004 01:12 PM

The results of the Hola poll:
https://www.hola.com/casasreales/espe...as/resultados/

konan 09-17-2004 06:36 AM

The dress that Maxima wore at Batatus she wore also two and a half years ago on the Antillen.

On Boulevard they found the face of Maxima a bit rounder, maybe she ate much in Argentina or is there a baby coming?

About the rumours of a marriage crisis: Maybe the argue about the embrassement wit Inge de Bruijn, but I don't think this is a treath for their marriage.

royal_sophietje 09-17-2004 08:16 AM

I also don't think they have a crisis. They got their conclusion from the German press and from looking at the photos.

The Watcher 09-17-2004 08:50 AM

Prive is a gossipmag, I don't think it is true. They are already two weeks back in The Netherlands and now there was suddenly a crisis because they walked not together, when W-A was playing golf. Such a nonsense.

But two days later there was also this picture. I mean, they look happy:rolleyes: and Amalia so cute :o

https://www.clarin.com/diario/2004/08...s/t044dh01.jpg

Hannelore 09-17-2004 11:20 AM

That peach color does not flatter Máxima one bit, livelier colors are much better for her.

Sancia 09-17-2004 01:16 PM

IMO, on the last pic, baby Amalia looks a lot like Vittoria of Savoy.

Gabriella 09-21-2004 06:34 AM

I found this article through a yahoo link:

Royals fight gossip over 'marriage troubles'

20 September 2004

AMSTERDAM — Dutch Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima are investigating whether legal action can be taken against gossip magazines in the Netherlands and Germany after they published articles suggesting the royal couple was having marital problems.

The gossip magazines honed in on the royal couple after the Olympic Games in Athens, where a photo was taken of Prince Willem-Alexander and star Dutch swimmer Inge de Bruijn arm-in-arm in the Holland Heineken House.

The prince attended a function at the venue on invitation and several gossip magazines later ran stories suggesting there was more to the hug than met the eye. They also suggested that there was a strained atmosphere in the Wassenaar mansion of Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima.

A spokesman for the government information service RVD dismissed the suggestion as nonsense, news agency ANP reported on Saturday.

And the prince and princess are reportedly so angry that they are investigating what legal action can be taken against the magazines, two of which come from the Netherlands and two of which come from Germany. There is national and international case law that might assist the royal couple's battle.

The European Court of European Rights has previously ruled that the privacy of Monaco's Princess Caroline had been violated. The ruling was against a German magazine which published photos of the princess' private life without her permission.

Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima are regularly locked in legal disputes with media in regards their privacy. The last such case involved the publication of photos of their baby daughter Princess Amalia, which were taken from Maxima's stolen digital camera.

The popular royal couple has also crossed hairs with the nation's media by obtaining a Wassenaar Council ban on photographs being made of them through the fence of their mansion De Eikenhorst. The ban was eventually overturned.

Despite this, Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima won a legal case at the end of February against gossip magazine Prive, which had published photos of the inside of the royal couple’s mansion without their permission.

[Copyright Expatica News 2004]

DDD 09-21-2004 08:27 AM

I just heard on tv that the two drop the case, bur they are still very angry.
By the Way, Maxima looked great today!

The Watcher 10-02-2004 07:00 AM

From Benelux Royals Message Board:

Royal wedding 020202 and a 'bomb'...
Two former chief superintendents of the Amsterdam police now say that a man had been arrested on 02.02.02, the wedding of The Prince of Orange and Máxima Zorreguieta, who had been carrying a fake bomb in his rucksack and who had stood along the route ... According the police we were spared a disaster...
The police say they were extremely happy that everything went well after all.

ILoveCristina 10-03-2004 05:21 AM

Wow, that's kind of scary!! Nice picture, by the way!

yeadonite 10-03-2004 08:04 PM

When you are in the public eye

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriella
I found this article through a yahoo link:

Royals fight gossip over 'marriage troubles'

20 September 2004

AMSTERDAM — Dutch Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima are investigating whether legal action can be taken against gossip magazines in the Netherlands and Germany after they published articles suggesting the royal couple was having marital problems etc..

After the divorce in Denmark, it makes you realize how hard it is to be in the public eye all the time. MArriage is hard enough but with the whole world watching your every move, it is a whole lot tougher! i hope they are just fine.

Alisa 10-03-2004 11:25 PM

While the couple's frustration is understandable, I think they need to realize that they shouldn't fight everything that is written about them in the press. It will make them come off as a bunch of sour pusses. A simple official denial is really good enough.

The Watcher 10-15-2004 12:07 PM

Article: Introduction Máxima almost finished

I translated an article about Maxima and her work. Uhmm, the translation is not perfect, but I guess the Non-Dutch understand it better than when it is in Dutch :D
----------------

Introduction Máxima almost finished
Hans Jacobs Friday 15 October 2004 - THE HAGUE -

The introduction programme almost finished. Next week Wednesday princess Máxima becomes member of the Council of State. Soon she makes confessed what she will do with all her new knowledge. Doing nothing is not her style and there is much that interest her . "You continue learning a life long", thinks Máxima. For three years Máxima (33) ` have met the Dutch society. Immediately after her engagement with prince Willem-Alexander she started with that. She readed a package house brochures, reports and notes and had hundreds of conversations for preparation to dozens of working visits and introduction meetings.

From a child stay in Etten-Leur, the means of the national ombudsman and the flower sale by auction in Rijnsburg, to drugs addicts and a nursing home in Sneek. Her impression of all those well-known and unknown things in the society?
"It is very pleasant to live in the Netherlands", judges the princess.

Because her introduction programme, which will end in begin 2005, generally takes place outside the publicity, the gossip magazines made the picture of a Máxima which shops only and celebrates holiday, the last months . "Where is Máxima" asked also the Parool(dutch newspaper): "She is so talented, why she stays background?".

"Nonsense", says a spokesman of the Goverment Information Service (RVD) with a reference to the extensive programme. In December a television documentary must make that clear for everyone. She is also mother. Beside that there is a official introduction programme, the 'Oranjefonds' (Orange Fund) and the Prince Claus Chair (The Curatorium of the Prince Claus Chair is chaired by Máxima). Also she continues working for the so-called commission Rosenmöller, which is for better participation of foreign women to the society. A subject that the princess really likes. She is self an immigrant , thus Máxima. Not only in the Netherlands, but already before in Brussels and New York. And her fatherland Argentina is a country of immigrants. That mix of cultures, she meets now again, interests her very much and that is clear when she has working visits. Máxima sounds credible when she tells the foreign women that speaking the language is so important. Máxima has at least one trait that is the same as her mother-in-law, Queen Beatrix: the in-depth preparation. Everyone who met the princess the past three years, praises her knowledge and good questions.

It is sometimes a problem with the time, because the princess doesn't want that the nanny take care of her little daughter Amalia all the time. So when she reads reports at home in Wassenaar, she also rocks Amalia in sleep.

---------------

So there is a television program in December. Maybe 7 December (Amalia 1 year old)???

xxLindaxx 10-15-2004 12:52 PM

Maxima nominated for 'dumb fur' award

Princess Maxima, the Argentinean-born wife of Dutch Crown Prince Willem Alexander, has been nominated for the "dumb fur" award. Bont voor Dieren — an organisation that campaigns against the use of fur in the fashion industry — nominates 10 Dutch celebrities every year for the ignominious distinction. The nominees are singled out for wearing fur or saying "dumb things" on the subject. The organisation said people such as Maxima and other celebrities should be role models and not support the commercial fur industry.

https://www.dombontje.nl/img/verkiezing/01_maxima.gif

Hannelore 10-15-2004 02:13 PM

That reminds me that Mathilde was proclamed "bont bitch" ("fur bitch") by that same organization at the wedding in Amsterdam in 2002. I coudn't care less, and I hope the same goes for Máxima. I love fur, and I love wearing it. In Europe people in general don't react so violently against it as in the States.

Eliza 10-15-2004 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannelore
That reminds me that Mathilde was proclamed "bont bitch" ("fur bitch") by that same organization at the wedding in Amsterdam in 2002. I coudn't care less, and I hope the same goes for Máxima. I love fur, and I love wearing it. In Europe people in general don't react so violently against it as in the States.

sorry but this may be off the topic here...but what's so wrong wif wearing fur? after all we eat meat and wear leather shoes?

I agree wif you hannelore, i love fur, only living in sunny singapore, wearing one will indeed make me a 'dumb fur"!!!

Gabriella 10-15-2004 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eliza
sorry but this may be off the topic here...but what's so wrong wif wearing fur? after all we eat meat and wear leather shoes?

I agree wif you hannelore, i love fur, only living in sunny singapore, wearing one will indeed make me a 'dumb fur"!!!

There are many people who do not eat meat, or wear leather shoes. Animal rights activists feel that it is unethical and cruel to eat animals and use their hide for our own purposes. They are usually the ones behind these types of campaigns. They bring awareness to the issues, but alot of times take it a little too far. Organizations such as PETA have been known to break into stores and destroy merchandise. They also can say some pretty mean things about people.

I guess I would also be considered a dumb fur if I wore a fur jacket, seeing as how I live in a warm climate as well. :p I do love the way that it feels though.

Isabel 10-16-2004 10:19 AM

Well, I don't have a problem with her wearing fur. I agree that there are plenty of people who no longer eat meat and who are firmly against wearing fur, however, I also know several people who are vegetarians, but also wear fur.

I personally don't care one way or the other. I think that everyone has a right to believe whatever they like. I disagree with this whole "role model" thing put forward by this organization. Whether Maxima is Princess of the Netherlands, she should be allowed to have her own tastes and likes and dislikes. Some of these anti-fur individuals take things too far, especially here in the states. Whether a person considers wearing fur to be cruel is left to the interpretation of the individual.

What I would love to see is more of these anti-fur and animal crusaders devote more of their time to causes that affect human beings. I wish that so many of them could not only devote their time and passion to animals, but also to people. Wouldn't that be wonderful and make a huge difference?

royal_sophietje 10-16-2004 02:09 PM

From the Benelux MB:

Máxima's entry in the Raad van State will be broadcast live by Nos Actueel. Queen Beatrix will preside over the extra meeting, and Máxima will give a speech at about 14 hrs.
She will also give a speech Nov 5, in the plenary chamber of the Tweede Kamer, to a group of parliamentarians from memberstates of the EU.
Máxima is to announce her new plans (emphasis in work) later this week, or soon thereafter.

Reina 10-16-2004 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabel
Well, I don't have a problem with her wearing fur. I agree that there are plenty of people who no longer eat meat and who are firmly against wearing fur, however, I also know several people who are vegetarians, but also wear fur.

I personally don't care one way or the other. I think that everyone has a right to believe whatever they like. I disagree with this whole "role model" thing put forward by this organization. Whether Maxima is Princess of the Netherlands, she should be allowed to have her own tastes and likes and dislikes. Some of these anti-fur individuals take things too far, especially here in the states. Whether a person considers wearing fur to be cruel is left to the interpretation of the individual.

What I would love to see is more of these anti-fur and animal crusaders devote more of their time to causes that affect human beings. I wish that so many of them could not only devote their time and passion to animals, but also to people. Wouldn't that be wonderful and make a huge difference?

I concur. It really sickens and disturbs me how these ppl are so into the rights of animals, but when it comes to humans...I think they are a little perverse and I am coming to think that they would rather spare an animal life instead of a human life. Isn't hunting banned in England? That is so not fair. If I was a Princess/in the public eye I would wear fur anytime and everytime I wanted and not apologize for it. Afterall I eat animals so I can wear em to. I wish we could do a countteraatack and tell those ppl to back off and get some sense! Anyway I wonder do M&W have marital problems. It would be sad if they did.

The Watcher 10-16-2004 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reina
Anyway I wonder do M&W have marital problems.

No :D

(It was German gossip nonsense, that story about WA and Inge. Even the editor in chief of gossip magazine Weekend told the stories were nonsense. If he, Marc van de Linden, says that than it is really very very very nonsense. German gossip, pffff.....:mad: )

royal_sophietje 10-17-2004 08:43 AM

Yes indeed, the German press get's really annoying now :mad: !!!

But I don't like Marc van der Linden or Evert Santegoeds either :p ;)

xxLindaxx 10-18-2004 12:05 PM

From the Princess Máxima Messageboard posted by Orianna:

Maxima will be in Mexico october 24
She will be in Puebla Mexico with former president Jimmy Carter and wife Rosalynn Carter.

The Project is about building houses for people with low income.Maxima wants to bring the project to Argentina.

https://www.habitat.org/jcwp/2004/

www.cartercenter.org

Argentine Newpaper Infobae (Spanish)

https://www.infobae.com/notas/nota.p...xSeccion=100443

The Watcher 10-18-2004 12:31 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxLindaxx
From the Princess Máxima Messageboard posted by Orianna:

Maxima will be in Mexico october 24
She will be in Puebla Mexico with former president Jimmy Carter and wife Rosalynn Carter.

The Project is about building houses for people with low income.Maxima wants to bring the project to Argentina.

https://www.habitat.org/jcwp/2004/

www.cartercenter.org

Argentine Newpaper Infobae (Spanish)

https://www.infobae.com/notas/nota.p...xSeccion=100443

Very good! :)

BTW. Here some pictures of Princess Maxima today

--------------------------
Caption:
AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS - OCTOBER 18: Dutch Princess Maxima visits the "Continental Sport" Youth Sports Prevention Project October 18, 2004 in Amsterdam South East, The Netherlands. As patron of the Dutch Orange Fund, the princess awarded a euro 15,000 prize to Continental Sport for its initiatives in the field of social cohesion among youngsters. (Photo by Michel Porro/Getty Images)

Alisa 10-18-2004 01:12 PM

Quote:

Máxima is to announce her new plans (emphasis in work) later this week, or soon thereafter
Finally!:)

Josefine 10-28-2004 09:37 AM

does the crown prince have more names then Willem-Alexander and where does his name come from?

The Watcher 10-28-2004 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josefine
does the crown prince have more names then Willem-Alexander and where does his name come from?

Willem Alexander Claus George Ferdinand

Willem = from Willem of Orange of course. After the Kings Willem I, Willem II and Willem III, he will be King Willem IV.
Alexander = Beatrix and Claus loved the name and the name is already often used in the family (in the past).
Claus= his father's name
George= also one of his father's names (full name of Claus was:Claus George Willem Otto Frederik Geert)
Ferdinand= is the name of one of his godfathers: Ferdinard von Bismarck.

Angel S. 10-29-2004 05:26 PM

Quote:

Maxima nominated for 'dumb fur' award

The organisation said people such as Maxima and other celebrities should be role models and not support the commercial fur industry.

Well it's obviousl these people don't think through what they say. CP Maxima IS a princess & her job is to represent the country & all of it's industries. She can't go around talking bad about the fur industry no matter what her real opinions on it are. Besides how do they know that she is wearing real fur & not faux??? The fake stuff these days are very real looking & some top end designers make them.

I've discussed this with a biologist friend of mine & we agree that things are not so simple as "don't buy fur, don't kill cute fuzzy animals". People fail to realize that in some parts of England foxes are a pest, killing farm animals (chickens etc.) & endangering the livelihoods of farmers (poor people). If people bother to do research before they go on the attack they might be amazed to find out that certain animal populations need to be kept under control in order to keep a safe balance. I'm not saying I like the idea of killing but I can understand that in certain cases it neds to be done.

On the flip side I think it's nasty to display heads of animas on one's wall or to wear their dead bodies. Unless you're like an eskimo or something there's no need to wear a dead animal. If you like the look, why not wear the fake stuff?

Oh & a reminder, once upon a time the rat population got out of control & caused a nasty little plague that killied thousands if not millions of people. Now I know rats aren't cute fuzzy animals but how is killing them any different than say a fox ? That kind of makes me mad, if you're against killing animals that should mean all of them not just the cute ones.

Reminds me of the lines in "Pulp Fiction"..............

Jules: "Pigs sleep & root in sh*t, that's a filthy animal."

Vincent: "How about a dog, a dog eat's it's own feces."

Jules: " I don't eat dog either."

Vincent: "Yeah but do you consider dog to be a filthy animal?"

Jules: "I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but it's definately dirty. But dogs got personality, personality goes a long way."

Vincent: "So by that rational if a pig had better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?"

Angel S. 10-29-2004 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Watcher
Prive is a gossipmag, I don't think it is true. They are already two weeks back in The Netherlands and now there was suddenly a crisis because they walked not together, when W-A was playing golf. Such a nonsense.

Because this pictures:

The man is playing golf, what do the press think Maxima is going to stand right next to him with the baby while he's swinging around a golf club??? I'd stand back too.

Guess Who 10-31-2004 07:34 PM

I like Maxima, i think she is different from the other crown princess. I see her as always trying something new, like in cloths, example is the skirt, i would never expect or see another crown princess in it.It isnt nice but she did it. The only think in maxima she is trying to do something different, but she does not do it right.I think her hair color should change, go a bit darker.

xxLindaxx 11-02-2004 02:26 PM

from the Maxima messageboard posted by Mirjam:

Maxima will visit the city Groningen next week. November 10 and 11 she will be present at the EU conference of the ministers of justice (9-11 november). During the conference also topics about minorities and integration will be discussed. No information about were she will spend the night.

nordishbynature 11-04-2004 06:33 AM

German Television said, that Maxima is pregnant again...so rumouring starts again ;)

liv 11-04-2004 06:58 AM

I heard it too but they said that the baby will be born in March that´s not really likely because the Palace would already have announced it.

nordishbynature 11-04-2004 07:03 AM

That's true. I'm wondering about that they believe what a gossip magazine write.

pdas1201 11-04-2004 08:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
November 4, 2004: Crown Prince Willem Alexander of the Netherlands attends the African Ministers Council on Water at the Imperial Hotel Beach Resort in Entebbe, Uganda. The conference was organized to help solve the issue of water use on the Nile river and was run by the Nile Basin Initiative. EPA/VANESSA VICK

The Watcher 11-05-2004 09:12 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Even more pictures of today

---------------------
Btw. here is the speech

05/11/04 Speech by Her Royal Highness Princess Máxima of the Netherlands at the NCEO conference in The Hague on 5 November 2004

Earlier this week, the Dutch film and opinion maker Theo van Gogh was murdered. Mister Van Gogh was known for his critical views and for defending freedom of speech.

This appalling act of violence goes against everything we in the Netherlands and in Europe stand for: that everybody has the right to express their own opinion. I hope with all my heart that this terrible deed will bring us to listen and talk to each other even more. Because dialogue will bring our views closer and help us achieve a new shared identity.

Ladies and gentlemen,

I am very pleased to be here this morning to talk about equal opportunities. Equal opportunities not only for women but also for immigrants. The reason I was invited probably had something to do with the fact that I am both a woman and an immigrant.

I came to live in the Netherlands just over three years ago and like many immigrants, what brought me here was love.

People say to me, "Of course, you might be an immigrant on paper. But you're not a typical immigrant." But what is then a typical immigrant? There's no such thing. And there's no such thing as a typical woman either. Of course, we women have much in common. Most of us are experts at combining a job with caring for our families. We've all faced the challenge of trying to have a serious telephone conversation while trying to feed a child. But when we talk to each other about our own situations, we also see great differences.

When we speak about equal opportunities, we often tend to label people. We talk about "the Moroccan man", "the Turkish woman" and "the Muslim woman". That makes the discussion more manageable. But it also creates a risk. The risk that we will start thinking in stereotypes. That we will generalise, and never get beyond clichés. That we will look at women from different cultures through our western eyes, and think that what is good for us is automatically good for them too.

If we do so, we ignore the essential characteristics that make people who they are. A Turkish woman from Istanbul is very different from someone from the provinces. And a Kurdish woman is very different from a woman from Izmir. And when they emigrate to another country, they take their identity with them.

The diversity is even greater when we look beyond our own borders. Every country has its own history of migration and living with other cultures. Diversity is something you have to take into account when you talk about emancipation. And you can't talk about emancipation without talking about participation.

Participation - taking an active part in the society of which you are a member - is crucial. We all lose out when people cut themselves off from the world around them. Because they do not contribute, and their skills and talents are not used. But there is no single map guiding us towards participation. Everyone takes their own route at their own speed to their own destination.

And success often depends on very small factors: personal contact at the baby clinic, in the school playground, at work or in the community centre. Role models and good, inspiring education are just as important. And the most essential thing is trust, an open mind and respect for each other's culture.

We must not think in terms of set patterns, or of collective pathways. There is no such thing as a highway to success. But there are paths that people themselves can follow, with the help of the authorities and those around them.

That is why we should do all we can to remove the obstacles that stand in the way of participation. So that people can find their own path and pursue it. Language courses are vital. And so are good arrangements which make it possible to combine care and work. We also need employers who are willing to foster the talents of their workers so that they have every opportunity to develop.

We still have a long way to go. But I am an optimist. We should be proud of the results we have achieved so far. In the European Union, fifty percent of students in higher education are women. More and more women - including immigrant women - have jobs outside the home.

I very much admire what many women have managed to achieve. I meet women from other countries who, with great self-assurance, are finding their own way in the Netherlands. They are making an extremely valuable contribution to our society. That is quite an achievement. After all, migrants find themselves between two cultures. They are seeking an identity in their new country, without denying their roots. That is no easy task because you often feel torn. Even more reason, then, to give women the space and the opportunities they need to emancipate themselves.

And how do we create these opportunities? That's why I am very happy to be here today. Because here we can learn from each other. Not to find that one size that fits all. But to see whether the solutions we seek have already been found elsewhere in Europe. And in doing so, we need to keep women's tremendous potential in mind.

Like other countries in Europe, the Netherlands is now voting to proclaim the Greatest Dutch person in history. There is only 1 woman in the top 10, I'm afraid. Nearly the same happened in the UK and Germany.
A rather poor result after 1,000 years of emancipation, you might say. But I prefer to see it from a more positive angle.

Great women are those who learn to read and write after they have turned 50.
Great women are those who take the risk of starting their own business.
Great women are those who raise their children with love and care and also participate in other activities.
And great women are the women who have left their homeland to start a new life in a foreign country. Who do not give up when things are difficult but who seize every new opportunity.

They might not be the women you meet in history books. But they are the ones who make our society so rich and they are the women who are educating our future. I hope that your exchange of ideas today will give you renewed inspiration in your work in a changing and challenging Europe.

Source: www.overheid.nl

Gabriella 11-05-2004 10:35 AM

Thanks for posting the great pictures.

I really liked Maxima's outfit today. She has been a little off lately, but today I think that she got it right.

The Watcher 11-05-2004 11:46 AM

Yes, she looks nice today. And again a nice brooch, I think I have never seen her without a brooch :p

xxLindaxx 11-05-2004 12:30 PM

The video:

https://www.nos.nl/nieuws/artikelen/2...voorstaat.html

Alisa 11-05-2004 03:44 PM

Thank you for the photos...The first thing I noticed in the group photo was Princess Máxima's weight gain. Her face looks quite full. Perhaps we will be hearing of an announcement soon.:) That said I like her jacket, hair, make up and brooch, but not in combination with the skirt. Her speech was also impressive:)

pdas1201 11-05-2004 05:58 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Here are a few more pics...

I agree her jacket was very nice and brooch was beautiful, but I must say I didn't like the skirt very much, it just didn't go with the jacket. But saying that, I must also say that it was a vast improvement over what she wore yesterday for the Erasmus prizes.

Hannelore 11-06-2004 08:02 AM

Where's the elgant Maxima we saw at the weddings this summer? I think that for a while she's been looking rather plump :(:(:(:(

MoonlightRhapsody 11-06-2004 01:16 PM

It's quite hard to lose weight and even harder if it's pregnancy weight. I think she'll be back to pre-pregnancy weight soon, but it might take awhile. Frankly, I think she looks fine. I'm happy to see that one crown princess doesn't look like she's emaciated and in need of a high-calorie diet.

Hannelore 11-06-2004 01:50 PM

Oh come on, it's only Letizia that's really (too) thin, the rest looks naturally slim.
What I mean is that this summer Maxima didn't only look slimmer (putting on a few kilos isn't a problem) but much more elegant.

Britters 11-06-2004 01:58 PM

I don't think it's that Maxima is overweight, or "heavy" or anything of that sort, I think it may be the clothes she is chosing to wear now. They don't suit her body type at the moment and make her look much heavier then she actually is.

Larzen 11-06-2004 03:04 PM

I agree, its not the weight, its the clothes which sometime are waaay to old for her, other times its a mismatch like the white jacket and flowy skirt, other times the clothes just dont seem to fit. That combined with terrible hair and make-up adds to my impression that she used to look much more elegant this summer and before she got pregnant. She really needs a new hair and make-up stylist. Where is the person that did her hair and makeup during the spanish wedding where she looked really good...

Danielle 11-06-2004 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larzen
I agree, its not the weight, its the clothes which sometime are waaay to old for her, other times its a mismatch like the white jacket and flowy skirt, other times the clothes just dont seem to fit. That combined with terrible hair and make-up adds to my impression that she used to look much more elegant this summer and before she got pregnant. She really needs a new hair and make-up stylist. Where is the person that did her hair and makeup during the spanish wedding where she looked really good...

I have to agree. Well said. :p

Genevieve 11-06-2004 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larzen

I agree with you, too. Its not so much that Maxima is overweight (she isn't) but its the clothes that make her look overweight. Very often I find the material of her clothes, particularly her jackets, are of a very heavy material (such as tweed) which adds natural bulk to anyone. She seems to also like clothing that has a lot of "frills" that add bulk to her body, such as jackets with pockets, wide belts, or whatever that attract attention to her waist and make her look heavier than she probably is.

I haven't noticed her make up very much but her hair is particularly bad lately. I think she needs to either really work with the length of her hair or make it shorter so styling isn't needed as much.

pdas1201 11-06-2004 06:36 PM

I agree, Genevieve, Maxima tend to wear clothes that are bulky, maybe she just needs a few fashion "slimming" tips.
A few days back, a read an article on how to make clothes that make you look slimmer. Here are a few ideas, which might also help Maxima..;)

1) Choose clothing in one color to give a long and lean look

2) Try to avoid shapeless clothing. Loose clothes often makes one appear wider and heavier

3) Wear black, it gives a slimming look

4) Avoid wearing tight clothing which emphasizes your heavy areas

5) Choose well tailored pieces that define but don't constrain

6) Wear vertical stripes that make one appear longer and leaner

7) Avoid pleasts, wear flat front pants and skirts

8) Forego the frills. Extra ruffles and material only add bulk

9) Avoid small handbags. Stick with a medium-sized bag in proportion to your body

If I read and article on other problems like hair and makeup. I'll post those as well...:)

Genevieve 11-06-2004 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdas1201
I agree, Genevieve, Maxima tend to wear clothes that are bulky, maybe she just needs a few fashion "slimming" tips.
A few days back, a read an article on how to make clothes that make you look slimmer. Here are a few ideas, which might also help Maxima..;)

1) Choose clothing in one color to give a long and lean look

2) Try to avoid shapeless clothing. Loose clothes often makes one appear wider and heavier

3) Wear black, it gives a slimming look

4) Avoid wearing tight clothing which emphasizes your heavy areas

5) Choose well tailored pieces that define but don't constrain

6) Wear vertical stripes that make one appear longer and leaner

7) Avoid pleasts, wear flat front pants and skirts

8) Forego the frills. Extra ruffles and material only add bulk

9) Avoid small handbags. Stick with a medium-sized bag in proportion to your body

If I read and article on other problems like hair and makeup. I'll post those as well...:)

Good list pdas1201! :)

We should send this to Maxima! And really star numbers 5 and 8!

The Watcher 11-07-2004 11:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Her clothes are from Natan, it is the winter collection 04/05. I agree, it is 'heavy stuff'. :p

And this is a picture of her hairdresser :D I'm not sure maybe it is the bad one or maybe the good one. Or he is both good and bad... :rolleyes:

liv 11-07-2004 02:54 PM

I don´t think she looks that bad.And about her weight she is in any case better looking than Letizia.(nothing against Letizia but I just think that a little more weight is more feminine)You also have to consider that less than one year she gave birth to her first child...

Cathérine Bergeyck 11-07-2004 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Watcher
Her clothes are from Natan, it is the winter collection 04/05. I agree, it is 'heavy stuff'. :p

And this is a picture of her hairdresser :D I'm not sure maybe it is the bad one or maybe the good one. Or he is both good and bad... :rolleyes:

She's only worn something from Natan now and then. Usually Natan couture is a dream, very elegant (and IMO it's also the case this season). The only thing I've seen her wearing from Natan so far, is the outfit for Casimir's baptism, which was indeed too heavy for her.

Hannelore 11-07-2004 03:34 PM

The collection of Natan 04/05 certainly isn't heavy. See for yourselves :)

www.natan.be

DDD 11-07-2004 03:59 PM

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...chmentid=54426

You guys see that gym thing behind her ? I saw that at a famous shop( Bijenkorf) The Harrods of the Netherlands. cost around the 2000 euro´s.
Mayb she´s got a weight problem. Or....Willem ALexander

royal_sophietje 11-07-2004 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cathérine Bergeyck
She's only worn something from Natan now and then. Usually Natan couture is a dream, very elegant (and IMO it's also the case this season). The only thing I've seen her wearing from Natan so far, is the outfit for Casimir's baptism, which was indeed too heavy for her.

The dress worn to Brussels where she was with laurentien en constatijn is also a Natan.

If you follow the commentaries you will see Maxima wears a lot of Natan :)

xxPatrickxx 11-07-2004 04:27 PM

Quote:

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...achmentid=54426

You guys see that gym thing behind her ? I saw that at a famous shop( Bijenkorf) The Harrods of the Netherlands. cost around the 2000 euro´s.
Mayb she´s got a weight problem. Or....Willem ALexander
That is a Powerplate (trillplate) :)

royal_sophietje 11-07-2004 04:37 PM

Yes and invented by our own Connie Breukhoven :D

Reina 11-08-2004 11:32 PM

Quote:

The collection of Natan 04/05 certainly isn't heavy. See for yourselves :)

www.natan.be

Can someone please tell me who sings on that site-natan.be

Dennism 11-09-2004 12:06 AM

Maxima is of a lovely shape and size. And I like her clothes as well.

xxLindaxx 11-09-2004 12:14 PM

Princess Máxima had the wish to attend the funeral of the murdered Dutch film maker Theo van Gogh, the mother of Van Gogh said during the ceremony. But she was not able to do that because she was abroad.

Hannelore 11-09-2004 12:16 PM

Quote:

Princess Máxima had the wish to attend the funeral of the murdered Dutch film maker Theo van Gogh, the mother of Van Gogh said during the ceremony. But she was not able to do that because she was abroad.

What exactly is she abroad for? it must be important else she could cancel it to be at the funeral...I believe Swedish royals also attended the funeral of Anna Lindh.

xxLindaxx 11-09-2004 12:23 PM

I don't know where maxima was but I think that the swedish example you mention is different because that was a member of the cabinet.

Hannelore 11-09-2004 12:36 PM

Quote:

I don't know where maxima was but I think that the swedish example you mention is different because that was a member of the cabinet.

Yes, I agree it's different. Lindh was murdered by some mad person (at least if I recall correctly) while Van Gogh was killed for his opinions. Actually all the more reasons why it would be nice if someone of the Dutch RF attended...

DDD 11-09-2004 02:18 PM

Quote:

Yes, I agree it's different. Lindh was murdered by some mad person (at least if I recall correctly) while Van Gogh was killed for his opinions. Actually all the more reasons why it would be nice if someone of the Dutch RF attended...

This man was very controversial, he had strong opinions about every religion, even the catholic, ad of course the islam ( why he was killed for). that´s I think that a representive family shouldn´t attend a funeral.

liv 11-09-2004 02:28 PM

I think it would be dangerous for Maxima to attend...

pdas1201 11-10-2004 08:05 AM

3 Attachment(s)
November 10, 2004: Princess Maxima at the Netherlands Political Conference in Groningen

pdas1201 11-10-2004 11:34 AM

10 Attachment(s)
more pics from today...

Princess Maxima attended a conference in the Martiniplaza in Groningen. The two day conference is attended by European Ministers which are responsible for integration.

leon 11-10-2004 11:39 AM

https://www.eu2004.nl/default.asp?CMS...52167X1&page=1

DKgirls 11-10-2004 03:17 PM

Maxima looks really great :) And she seems very interested, it's great to see her at meetings like this one!
In the picture with all the ministers we can actually find the Danish one, Bertel Haarder :D

Josefine 11-11-2004 03:59 AM

try out this paperdoll

https://www.paperdollheaven.com/maxima.htm

xxPatrickxx 11-11-2004 06:58 AM

What on earth is happened with ZEFA!!! ??

The Watcher 11-11-2004 08:26 AM

6 Attachment(s)
I think Zefa is blocked for guests. But I have a new site for you, https://www.anp-photo.com/ with the same and even more pictures :D

xxLindaxx 11-11-2004 09:46 AM

first pics day 2 from Máxima in Groningen:
https://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...ER00129409.jpg
https://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...ER00129408.jpg

xxLindaxx 11-11-2004 09:51 AM

One more...

https://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...ER00129439.jpg

pdas1201 11-11-2004 12:03 PM

5 Attachment(s)
some pics from colourpress of the second day at Groningen...

The Watcher 11-11-2004 03:19 PM

For more pictures, follow the link: EU2004

https://www.eu2004.nl/custom_buttons/...1X67212X42.jpg

Anna_R 11-12-2004 09:55 AM

Pictures of Maxima in Groningen - From Colour Press

Princess Maxima attented the conference in the Martiniplaza in Groningen. The 2 days conference is attented by european ministers which are responsable for integration.

Crown Princess Maxima attented the 2nd day at the Integration Conference in Groningen

Gabriella 11-12-2004 10:10 AM

Great pictures everybody. I like Maxima's outfit, she really looks nice. A hair cut really would do her some justice though.

DKgirls 11-12-2004 12:25 PM

Thanks for posting all the great pictures!!!!
Maxima really looks great - and we like her hair, it has a very nice length :)

Cathérine Bergeyck 11-12-2004 12:28 PM

I still think her outfits look rather heavy and old on her, also this one. Maybe it's just the color. Livelier colors look always great on her, but not this.

Her hair was quite all right :)

pdas1201 11-16-2004 05:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The Hauge, Holland - This morning, Crown Prince Willem Alexander made a 'secret' visit at the police station at the Slachthuislaan in the Hauge. Last week several terrorists were captured, and the Prince wanted to thank the police men. Photo: Picture Press Europe

pdas1201 11-16-2004 05:38 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Something about Maxima from Colourpress...

Quote:

Crown Princess Maxima - 20041116

colourpress.com

Princess Maxima during her day time a perfect new princess. In her private life a drinking and smoking South American girl.

When you see princess Maxima working, she is elegant, interested and very social in her fellow men.
Well dressed and next to her husband the crown prince and her mother in law the Queen, she looks like she is born to be the future Queen of Holland.

When the first pictures of Maxima appeared during her young relationship with Willem Alexander, the Dutch public new her form a video, made at a wedding of one of her friends in Argentina. We saw her dancing, smoking and drinking at the party. surrounded by boys.

This has been only one event wich went public. All pictures made of Maxima after this video were ''royal''. She dressed in a complete different way, spoke very affected and when chaced by paparrazi, she always seems to be smiling at the photgraphers. The Dutch public was under the influence of the new princess and were very fond of her.

Now I can show you 2 not ever been published pictures of the Princess at, again, a wedding in Buenos Aires. Made last may 2004 in Buenos Aires.
Here you can see that Maxima is in her private life, a real south American girl. Dancing, smoking, and in the centre of the attention. Note that Willem Alexander is trying to keep up with his wife, but the expression on his face, shows that he is not really a ''''party prince''''

The fact that Maxima has a sigaret, shows that during this time she was NOT pregant. But after her trip to Buenos Aires, nobody has seen her anymore with a sigaret. This plus the fact that her clothes are completly different than before and the up coming belly, feeds the rumours that she is pregant of her 2nd child.

When Maxima is at one of the parties in Holland with the friends of Willem Alexander she is always holding back her festivities. This maybe comes that in Holland verybody knows her as the princess.

Guess Who 11-17-2004 06:48 AM

Well the partying pictures dont look too bad. She has the right to party just like anyone of us and have fun with friends and especially at a friends wedding.I dont see a problem whether she smokes or not. It is totally up to her, maybe she isnt a smoker and one of her friends made her smoke or she smokes around them.
Maybe we all think its bad because she is a future queen, but we all have to enjoy our lives, and them too. They cant just sit and be formal all their lives can they? Even real born royales party and go to clubs, just like prince william and prince harry.

Guess Who 11-17-2004 06:49 AM

Hope the news of her pregnancy is true, i would really love to see her with a second child.She looks very full in some recent pictures.

karolinabraganza 11-17-2004 07:12 AM

to me the pictures look like bridal dance, where the couple dances in the middle of a circle of friends...no attention grabbing from her side. but she should have put the zig aside, she would have been able to embrace her husband properly!

no offence, your royal highness, but smoking is just nasty!!! however, i dont see a difference between a royal smoking or a commoner, lets not be so hypocrit, smoking kills anyone.

The Watcher 11-17-2004 08:08 AM

There are already two weeks rumours that Maxima is pregnant (in The Netherlands).

On the radio they told that they got the pregnant-rumours from the same source that told them that Maxima was pregnant of Amalia 1,5 year ago. So according them a reliable source. ;)

I only believe it when the RVD tells it is true :D

Josefine 11-18-2004 05:32 PM

how is her dutch is it perfect

pdas1201 11-18-2004 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josefine
how is her dutch is it perfect

She's multilingual, speaks French, Dutch, English and Italian fluently..
Philippe and her said their vows to each other in French and Dutch, at the religious ceremony

DDD 11-19-2004 05:36 AM

Quote:

She's multilingual, speaks French, Dutch, English and Italian fluently..
Philippe and her said their vows to each other in French and Dutch, at the religious ceremony

You must be talking about mathilde, because I think Maxima can´t french and italian. Maxima speaks Dutch, English and Spanish

carlota 11-19-2004 06:24 AM

i don't think there's anything wrong about the partying pictures. that pics were taken in argentina, she is princess of the netherlands, not princess of argentina, there she is only a citizen who can obviously go out, have fun with friends and even sing in a stage, as she did in that wedding, ghehe!

pdas1201 11-19-2004 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDD
You must be talking about mathilde, because I think Maxima can´t french and italian. Maxima speaks Dutch, English and Spanish

I thought we were speaking of Mathilde, as i believe Josephine asked what language were they conversing in and someone replied Dutch then she asked how?? What I inferred was how can Mathilde converse in Dutch, therefore I replied that Mathilde is multilingual, speaking French, Italian and Dutch fluently...

pdas1201 11-19-2004 06:33 AM

2 Attachment(s)
some pics from hellomagazine...

Guess Who 11-19-2004 07:20 AM

Havent seen Maxima elegent for a long time.Really think what she is wearing suits her,its not to dressy.But i think her make-up should change abit,its always the same, she needs some more color.

Josefine 11-19-2004 08:41 AM

Quote:

I thought we were speaking of Mathilde, as i believe Josephine asked what language were they conversing in and someone replied Dutch then she asked how?? What I inferred was how can Mathilde converse in Dutch, therefore I replied that Mathilde is multilingual, speaking French, Italian and Dutch fluently...

i was asking how good is Maximas dutch if there is any trace of her spanish accent

as it is a maxima thread i never thought about making it clear that i was wondering about maxima next time i will do better promise