The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Sweden (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Swedish State Visits: General Discussion and Suggestions & Musings (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/swedish-state-visits-general-discussion-and-suggestions-and-musings-35971.html)

IloveCP 12-22-2017 08:20 AM

Does anyone know when was the last time Spain visited Sweden on a state visit? Thank you.

LadyFinn 12-22-2017 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IloveCP (Post 2055190)
Does anyone know when was the last time Spain visited Sweden on a state visit? Thank you.

King Juan Carlos and queen Sofia made a state visit to Sweden on 16-19 October 1979.
1974-1979 - Sveriges Kungahus

IloveCP 12-22-2017 04:37 PM

Thank you, I did not know there was a list for all the state visits. Surprised the last time a monarchy visited Sweden on a state visit was in 2008.

Kingen 03-15-2018 09:35 AM

I would really like to see a state visit from France soon. The last one was in 2000, though a state visit to France just a couple of years ago. But it seems like President Macron and Prime Minister Löfven are getting along very well.

Blog Real 11-10-2018 08:01 AM

Will there be a state visit from Spain to Sweden in the next few years?

Stefan 11-10-2018 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blog Real (Post 2169381)
Will there be a state visit from Spain to Sweden in the next few years?


My gues is thatr before Spain the new Kings of the Netherlands and the Belgians will be invited to State Visit's to Sweden.

Kingen 11-16-2018 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 2169400)
My gues is thatr before Spain the new Kings of the Netherlands and the Belgians will be invited to State Visit's to Sweden.

That's probably how it is gonna be, but of the three countries is Spain that is one with longest time since last state visit.

LadyFinn 01-04-2019 10:45 AM

Margareta Thorgren said to Expressen that there will be a state visit in the spring. But she didn't say if the king and queen make a state visit or will there be a state visit to Sweden.
Familjebilden som kungen ville behålla för sig själv

Lyonnaise 01-04-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 2185838)
Margareta Thorgren said to Expressen that there will be a state visit in the spring. But she didn't say if the king and queen make a state visit or will there be a state visit to Sweden.
Familjebilden som kungen ville behålla för sig själv

So, she basically gave us no information :lol:

Kingen 01-04-2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyonnaise (Post 2185848)
So, she basically gave us no information :lol:

Haha yes, that means nothing. No hint about anything when it comes to country/ies, time or anything. :whistling:

Hans-Rickard 01-05-2019 06:20 AM

It wasn't even a question from the journalist. She said that the spring will be filled with engagements, State visit, and family celebrations, among them Prince Carl Philip's 40:th Birthday on 13:th May

Mary-Rose 02-25-2019 04:04 PM

I wounder the King and Queen will pay a state visit to Jordan. They received Their Majesties King Abdullah II bin al Hussein and Queen Rania al Abdulla in 2003 but there was never a return visit. The belgian outgoing state visits already annouced, i dont expect a visit this year (the same for spain) the Dutch royals seems to be most active, visiting other royal houses, fingers crossed for a dutch state visit this year. EDIT they also made no state visit to current GD of Luxembourg, but received Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duccess Maria Teresa in 2008

Blog Real 02-25-2019 04:13 PM

Is there any information on possible state visits from the Netherlands, Spain and Belgium to Sweden?

Mary-Rose 02-25-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blog Real (Post 2200140)
Is there any information on possible state visits from the Netherlands, Spain and Belgium to Sweden?


not to my knowledge:ermm:

Kingen 02-28-2019 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary-Rose (Post 2200135)
I wounder the King and Queen will pay a state visit to Jordan. They received Their Majesties King Abdullah II bin al Hussein and Queen Rania al Abdulla in 2003 but there was never a return visit. The belgian outgoing state visits already annouced, i dont expect a visit this year (the same for spain) the Dutch royals seems to be most active, visiting other royal houses, fingers crossed for a dutch state visit this year. EDIT they also made no state visit to current GD of Luxembourg, but received Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duccess Maria Teresa in 2008

I thought the same thing, but I doubt we'll see a state visit to Jordan this year. The Crown Princess Couple visited Jordan last year, so a possible state visit will probably wait a couple of years. A state visit to Luxembourg might be closer at hand.

Incoming state visits from the three new Kings would be great, but not much that indicates that it's gonna happen.

LadyFinn 10-03-2019 11:00 AM

Vellamvelly Muraleedharan, The Minister of State for External Affairs of India at his Twitter today (he attends at the EU Arctic Forum).
"Had good discussions with HE @AnnLinde Foreign Minister of Sweden on India-Sweden bilateral trade, innovation partnership and the upcoming visit of His Majesty the King and Her Majesty the Queen of Sweden to India."
https://twitter.com/MOS_MEA/status/1179757709119369217

He wrote also
"Was an honour and pleasure to interact with HRH Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden on the sidelines of first EU Arctic Forum. Look forward to welcoming His Majesty the King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden in India in December."
https://twitter.com/MOS_MEA/status/1179694538224476160

Kingen 01-18-2020 05:37 AM

No real rumors or indications of Swedish State Visits in 2020, and I have really tried to find some.

I would love to see some incoming State Visits from:
- The Netherlands (last incoming State Visit 1987/outward 2009, and Official Visit 2014)
- Germany (last incoming State Visit 2003/outward 2016)
- France (last incoming State Visit 2000/outward 2014)

For outward State Visits, it's even more uncertain. However, countries in Asia have been frequently visited the last couple of years. I would like to see:

- Estonia (due to the relations in the Baltic Region)
- South Africa (a prioritized country in the export strategy)
- Mexico (a prioritized country in the export strategy


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises