The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Sweden (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Swedish State Visits: General Discussion and Suggestions & Musings (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/swedish-state-visits-general-discussion-and-suggestions-and-musings-35971.html)

Kingen 10-27-2013 09:06 AM

Swedish State Visits: General Discussion and Suggestions & Musings

I think that we could have a discussion about Swedish State Visits, and what visits do we want to see in the future?

Kingen 10-27-2013 09:11 AM

The King and Queen have made and received many State Visits during the King's 40 years reign. Here is an almost complete list (only the Portugese visit is missing) of incoming and outgoing visits:

State Visits - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Kingen 10-27-2013 09:41 AM

I know we don't have anything to do with the decisions of a State Visit, but the could wish! Which countries do you want to see incoming and outgoing State Visits to?

I would love to see a State Visit from Denmark next year. This should be the return visit from The King, Queen and Crown Princess visit to Denmark in 2007. For this visit should the Danish Crown Prince Couple participate too.

Next year are Sweden and the Netherlands celebrating 400 years of diplomatic relations , this together with the new King and Queen would be two good reasons for either an incoming or outgoing State Visit. But it is more likely to be an Official Visit if we see any at all.

For outgoing State Visits it would be great to see Finland or Germany. A return visit to Finland usually takes place two to three years after the visit to Sweden (in 2012 last time). And the latest visit to or from Germany was the visit from President Rau to Sweden in 2003. The best thing is that the Crown Princess Couple could join the King and Queen on both of these visits.

Josefine 10-27-2013 10:22 AM

I would like to see victoria and Daniel take part in state visits abroad

Hans-Rickard 10-27-2013 12:24 PM

I'd like to see King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia pay a state visit to Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip :) The last swedish state visit to UK was in 1975.

Kingen 10-27-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1612805)
I'd like to see King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia pay a state visit to Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip :) The last swedish state visit to UK was in 1975.

Yes would be really nice to see and other monarchs have made a second visit to Queen Elizabeth. :)

Kingen 12-14-2013 03:35 PM

So fare for next year one State Visit has been announced. The King and Queen will pay a State Visit to Latvia between March 26-27.

Press release from the Royal Court:
State Visit to Latvia - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Kingen 07-02-2014 11:32 AM

It seems like there is no incoming State Visit this year. There will be an outgoing state visit to a still unknown country, December 2-4 by Their Majesties.

https://www.kungahuset.se/download/18...6sten+2014.pdf

LadyFinn 07-02-2014 03:40 PM

The king and queen will probably come to Finland in 2015 if you look the history of state visits between Finland and Sweden. On the other hand, they have almost always been in Finland in August, so maybe they want to come in the winter...

Kingen 07-03-2014 12:18 AM

Yes we can certainly look forward to a state visit to Finland very soon. I was thinking if they are waiting until the President's Palace is in use again after the renovations.

LadyFinn 07-03-2014 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingen (Post 1683069)
Yes we can certainly look forward to a state visit to Finland very soon. I was thinking if they are waiting until the President's Palace is in use again after the renovations.

According to the President's website, the renovation of the Presidential Palace will be ready for the Independence day of Finland, 6th December 2014.

Kingen 09-22-2014 09:29 AM

I think that we will get to know the outcoming state visit in December as quick as the new government has taken office. So I guess we know in the middle of October.

Mbruno 09-22-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingen (Post 1705025)
I think that we will get to know the outcoming state visit in December as quick as the new government has taken office. So I guess we know in the middle of October.

I don't follow Swedish politics very closely, but, from what I read on the web, the Centre Party and the Liberal People's Party have ruled out a coalition with the Social Democrats. The Social Democrats in turn have ruled out a coalition with the Left (formerly Communist) Party. The only remaining option then is a minority government consisting of the Social Democrats and the Greens, who would have however only 138 out of 349 seats in the Riksdag (i.e less than 40 % of the total number of seats).

If that is the case, how likely is it that there will be a majority of votes in the Riksdag to confirm the nomination of the new PM as required by the Swedish constitution ? As I understand it, if the new government is rejected by a majority of members of the Riksdag in 4 successive votes, new elections have to be called. Moreover, even if a new government is confirmed and sworn in, how likely is it that it will survive 4 years ? With such a small plurality in parliament, I would expect a vote of no confidence in the government to be carried soon.

Kingen 09-22-2014 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbruno (Post 1705147)
I don't follow Swedish politics very closely, but, from what I read on the web, the Centre Party and the Liberal People's Party have ruled out a coalition with the Social Democrats. The Social Democrats in turn have ruled out a coalition with the Left (formerly Communist) Party. The only remaining option then is a minority government consisting of the Social Democrats and the Greens, who would have however only 138 out of 349 seats in the Riksdag (i.e less than 40 % of the total number of seats).

If that is the case, how likely is it that there will be a majority of votes in the Riksdag to confirm the nomination of the new PM as required by the Swedish constitution ? As I understand it, if the new government is rejected by a majority of members of the Riksdag in 4 successive votes, new elections have to be called. Moreover, even if a new government is confirmed and sworn in, how likely is it that it will survive 4 years ? With such a small plurality in parliament, I would expect a vote of no confidence in the government to be carried soon.

It seems to me that you follow it closely. As you say there is complicated parliamentary situation in Sweden, and it seems hard to get a majority in Riksdagen for the government.

On the other hand there so should be no or little problem for Stefan Löfven (the Social Democratic leader) to be elected PM. The election is made with negative majority in Riksdagen. So if less than 175 MPs votes against Löfven he is elected. The former government parties are supposed to lay down their votes which will make a majority in Riksdagen. I don't know if even i have got it correctly, or translated it correct. You are right that it will be challenging years for the government an very uncertain if they survive for the whole period of four years.

If we get in a situation with no government, that also most probably means that we will not see any state visits. In the short time, I hope that the new government take office in a couple of weeks so the December state visit not will be postponed or cancelled.

Kingen 12-20-2014 05:37 PM

A new year is coming up and so far no State Visits to/from Sweden has been announced. But what could be expect or wish for during next year?

I'm afraid that the government crisis and the extra general election to parliament on March 22nd make that we not will se any state visits before the summer. Maybe we could expect an Introduction visit from Spain during this period of time, but nothing more.

We could also expect a State Visit to Finland in August. It is custom that the King and Queen pay a State Visit on the third year of Finnish President term. Maybe the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel will join this State Visit.

What I wish for is a State Visit to or from another monarchy.
- A visit from Denmark (8 years since the Visit in Denmark in 2007, time for a return visit.)
- A visit to Luxemburg (7 years since the visit in Sweden in 2008, time for Their Majesties retur visit.)
- A visit to United Kingdom (We are just longing for such a glittering event. Queen to Queen!)

Hans-Rickard 12-22-2014 10:04 PM

I also hope that Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia will pay a state visit to Elizabeth II and Prince Philip. The last swedish state visit to UK was to Scotland in 1975 perfomed by the King alone as he was unmarried (but i saw a photo from the state banquet at Holyrood House and his sister Princess Margareta and her husband John Ambler was there too though they lived in uk) while the UK return visit to Sweden in 1983 so it is time to do it back to UK again now ofcourse with Silvia too.

I think we can expect an incoming introductory visit from Spain in the spring and an outgoing state visit to Finland in the Fall (maybe Victoria, Daniel and Estelle will join them to Finland. Victoria did it the last time).

Incoming state visits ? Hopefully from a monarchy. Denmark would be nice but it is actually time for Harald and Sonja in Norway to travel to Stockholm before Margrethe and Henrik does it. The last Norwegian state visit to Sweden was in 1992 and the swedish return visit in 1993 so it is time.

I don't think the uncertain government situation will have a huge impact on this matter. It is not really a crisis yet as the government has not resigned.

GömdNatt 12-22-2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1733854)
I also hope that Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia will pay a state visit to Elizabeth II and Prince Philip. The last swedish state visit to UK was to Scotland in 1975 perfomed by the King alone as he was unmarried (but i saw a photo from the state banquet at Holyrood House and his sister Princess Margareta and her husband John Ambler was there too though they lived in uk) while the UK return visit to Sweden in 1983 so it is time to do it back to UK again now ofcourse with Silvia too.

I think we can expect an incoming introductory visit from Spain in the spring and an outgoing state visit to Finland in the Fall (maybe Victoria, Daniel and Estelle will join them to Finland. Victoria did it the last time).

Incoming state visits ? Hopefully from a monarchy. Denmark would be nice but it is time for Harald and Sonja in Norway to travel to Stockholm before Margrethe and Henrik does it. The last Norwegian state visit to Sweden was in 1992 and the swedish return visit in 1993 so it is time.

I doubt the government crisis will have a huge impact on this matter.

well if we're going by years, the Danes haven't been to Sweden since 1985.

I'd like to see a Belgian State Visit and a Spanish State Visit. Perhaps also a Mexican State Visit.

Hans-Rickard 12-22-2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GömdNatt (Post 1733856)
well if we're going by years, the Danes haven't been to Sweden since 1985.

I'd like to see a Belgian State Visit and a Spanish State Visit. Perhaps also a Mexican State Visit.

You are right. I just have a feeling that the Norwegians will pay a state visit before the Danes does it is only 7 years since the swedish state visit to Denmark.

We can expect an incoming state visit from Belgium but i don't think it will be already next year. The Spanish King will probably do an introductory visit before i does a state visit.

Kingen 12-23-2014 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1733861)
You are right. I just have a feeling that the Norwegians will pay a state visit before the Danes does it is only 7 years since the swedish state visit to Denmark.

It is hard to know. The King and Queen paid an official visit to Norway as late as in 2013. Back in 2005 there was official visits between the countries (one in each country) marking the century of dissolution of Swedish-Norwegian Union with two tiara banquets.

I just hope for a glittering State Visit in the fall, except the traditional one to Finland. The state visits to Finland usually treats us with two tiara events.

Kingen 12-29-2014 04:56 PM

Now when the extraordinary general election not will happen in March there is gladly place for a state visit or two.

LadyFinn 01-20-2015 01:27 PM

Official visit to Lithuania by swedish royal family
A visit of the Swedish royal family is planned in Lithuania in the coming autumn, according to Jovita Neliupšienė, chief adviser to Lithuanian President Dalia Grybauskaitė on foreign policy issues.
"Symbolically, we plan to finish the construction of a power link with Sweden this year and the visit of the Swedish royal family is also planned in the fall. It's exceptional for its protocol elements. It will be royal family's official visit and it will crown our relations with Sweden, with the Nordic states," she told the Žinių Radijas radio on Tuesday morning.
Swedish royal family plans visit to Lithuania - EN.DELFI

Kingen 01-23-2015 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1742475)
Official visit to Lithuania by swedish royal family
A visit of the Swedish royal family is planned in Lithuania in the coming autumn, according to Jovita Neliupšienė, chief adviser to Lithuanian President Dalia Grybauskaitė on foreign policy issues.
"Symbolically, we plan to finish the construction of a power link with Sweden this year and the visit of the Swedish royal family is also planned in the fall. It's exceptional for its protocol elements. It will be royal family's official visit and it will crown our relations with Sweden, with the Nordic states," she told the Žinių Radijas radio on Tuesday morning.
Swedish royal family plans visit to Lithuania - EN.DELFI

I wonder if this will have the status of a state visit or just an official visit. It is perhaps not surprising after all. State visits to the other Baltic countries has taken place during the last couple of years. Also interesting to see which people of the Royal Family that will attend.

Kingen 01-23-2015 04:19 AM

It doesn't seems to be any incoming state visits before the Kings Birthday (a.k.a. before the end of April). In the closing schedule of the State Apartments of the Royal Palace there are no major closing, as necessary for a state visit. Let's hope there will be some in the fall instead.

Hans-Rickard 01-23-2015 05:39 AM

Now things starts to happen ;)

The Swedish government and the Royal Court has just announced that King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia will pay a state visit to Finland between 3-5 March at the invitation of President Sauli Niinistö.

https://www.kungahuset.se/royalcourt/...748ba2fb7.html

Kingen 01-23-2015 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1743225)
Now things starts to happen ;)

The Swedish government and the Royal Court has just announced that King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia will pay a state visit to Finland between 3-5 March at the invitation of President Sauli Niinistö.

https://www.kungahuset.se/royalcourt/...748ba2fb7.html

Yes finally! And a bit earlier than expected. Let's hope for a very glittering visit in Finland

Hans-Rickard 03-06-2015 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingen (Post 1743269)
Yes finally! And a bit earlier than expected. Let's hope for a very glittering visit in Finland

So now we are past a VERY successful state visit to Finland. Fantastic to see how popular the swedish monarchy is in Finland. I think a lot of finnish people deep down wished that Finland was monarchy instead of a Republic. But it's apparent that the Finnish Presidential Couple and the swedish King and Queen likes each other very much and have a great chemistry.
And we got to see a lot of sparkling jewels too with both the Sapphire parure and the Nine prong tiara being used.

I wonder where the next visit will be. I would love to see the King and Queen to pay a state visit to Chile or the Chilean President Michelle Bachelet to pay a state visit to Sweden as Chile is my birth country :)

Would also love to see the 3 Nordic monarchies pay state visits to each other. There is always a "special feeling" in the air even outside the Palace walls when there is a state visit from Denmark or Norway that can't be replicated by other monarchies.

Kingen 03-06-2015 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1756031)
I wonder where the next visit will be. I would love to see the King and Queen to pay a state visit to Chile or the Chilean President Michelle Bachelet to pay a state visit to Sweden as Chile is my birth country :)

Would also love to see the 3 Nordic monarchies pay state visits to each other. There is always a "special feeling" in the air even outside the Palace walls when there is a state visit from Denmark or Norway that can't be replicated by other monarchies.

Oh I think it is so hard. There is so many state visits that I want to see. Of course an incoming state visit from the new Kings in Europe. I also want to see a visit from Denmark, but think that has to wait until 2017 (wedding this year and King's 70th birthday in 2016). It would be nice if the Royal Couple paid a state visit to UK in the fall and an incoming visit from Chile (yes why not) or Mexico.

Some countries I wish there will be a state visit to or from in a near future:
Incoming
Denmark
Netherlands
Spain
Belgium
Mexico

Outgoing
Luxembourg
Jordan
UK
Germany
South Africa

Stefan 03-06-2015 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1756031)

Don't think it very likely that there will be State Visits to the other scandinavian monarchies soon. Usuallly there is only one State visit in each reign. The swedish State Visit to Denmark in 2007 was an eception but if i remeber right it was then said that Queen Margrethe was invited to make a State Visit to Sweden.
As for other monarchies in Europe perhaps the swedish Royal Coupkle will soon pay a State Visit to Luxembourg as the have not visited Grand Duke Henri .
And for incoming State Visits i think the three new monarchies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Spain will be invited to Sweden in the next years.

Stefan 03-06-2015 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingen (Post 1756085)
O

Outgoing

Germany

It is really time the swedish King and Queen are invited to a State visit to Germany again as their last one was in 1979 short before the birth of Prince Carl Philip.

Hans-Rickard 03-06-2015 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1756092)
Don't think it very likely that there will be State Visits to the other scandinavian monarchies soon. Usuallly there is only one State visit in each reign. The swedish State Visit to Denmark in 2007 was an eception but if i remeber right it was then said that Queen Margrethe was invited to make a State Visit to Sweden.
As for other monarchies in Europe perhaps the swedish Royal Coupkle will soon pay a State Visit to Luxembourg as the have not visited Grand Duke Henri .
And for incoming State Visits i think the three new monarchies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Spain will be invited to Sweden in the next years.

I don't think it is out of the question that will will see a second state visit from Denmark to Sweden during this reign. Carl-Gustaf have as you said made 2 state visits to Margrethe during her reign and the countries (not only it's royal families) is extremly close and have a lot in common.

But i agree that it's more likely that the 3 new european monarches will pay a State visit to Sweden before Margrethe makes her second visit.
Judging from when their parents were here i guess Felipe and Letizia will come first (J-C and S were here in 1979), the W-A and Maxima (B and C were here in 1987) and then Philippe and Mathilde (A and P were here in 1994).

It would indeed be nice to see Swedish visits to Luxembourg and
Germany soon.

Kingen 03-07-2015 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1756135)
But i agree that it's more likely that the 3 new european monarches will pay a State visit to Sweden before Margrethe makes her second visit.

Judging from when their parents were here i guess Felipe and Letizia will come first (J-C and S were here in 1979), the W-A and Maxima (B and C were here in 1987) and then Philippe and Mathilde (A and P were here in 1994).

I think that a visit from Margrethe can't be on hold for that long, neither her or C-G are getting any younger.

They can take that it to consideration, but they don't have to. The last visits from Spain, Netherlands and Belgium took place in the order the acceded to the throne, about 3-4 years after. So it is possible they will visit Sweden in the same order, one every year. It would indeed mean a lot of glitter.

Stefan 03-07-2015 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingen (Post 1756197)

The last visits from Spain, Netherlands and Belgium took place in the order the acceded to the throne, about 3-4 years after. So it is possible they will visit Sweden in the same order, one every year. It would indeed mean a lot of glitter.

But Albert and Paola already visted one year after the came to the throne. for Beatrix it was seven years later and also Spain was four years after the came to the throne.

Kingen 03-07-2015 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1756207)
But Albert and Paola already visted one year after the came to the throne. for Beatrix it was seven years later and also Spain was four years after the came to the throne.

Of course you are right Stefan. I made a quite badly generalization. This means that the first new King already could have been on a visit to Sweden if they would have done as in the past.

The question is how likely it is with an incoming state visit from a fellow monarch the same year as the Kings 70th birthday?

Stefan 03-07-2015 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingen (Post 1756213)
Of course you are right Stefan. I made a quite badly generalization. This means that the first new King already could have been on a visit to Sweden if they would have done as in the past.

The question is how likely it is with an incoming state visit from a fellow monarch the same year as the Kings 70th birthday?

Will probably depend on how big the birthday will be celebrated. What incoming State Visits took place in 2006? And i think in the autumn it could be well the case. Look to Denmark. There the new dutch Royal Couple will pay a State Visit to Denmark only cvery short before the 75th birthday celebrations of Queen Margrethe.
My guess is that it was simply a coincidence the the belgian State Visit in 1994 took place already one year after Albert and Paola came to the throne. Henri and Maria Teresa visted Swdeden in 2008 or 2007 also some year after the came to the Throne.
We will have to wait and see who from the new Royal Couples comes first.

Tilia C. 03-07-2015 06:53 AM

I don't think that the Dutch will pay another SV to a monarchy this year, since they already visit Denmark this month. So maybe in a year or two?

The Spanish government seems to be very focused on their ties to South American countries. Therefore I don't see them visit in Sweden in hurry either.

And Belgium seems to have ongoing issues with forming governments. Do they have one at the moment? Without a government there is noone to organize State Visits, so a Belgium visit is also not likely at the moment.

Stefan 03-07-2015 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilia C. (Post 1756234)

And Belgium seems to have ongoing issues with forming governments. Do they have one at the moment? Without a government there is noone to organize State Visits, so a Belgium visit is also not likely at the moment.

Actuially the goverment formation in Belgium last year went better then expected and the have since the End of last year a goverment. The belgian Royal Couple will make a State Visit to China in June

Kingen 03-07-2015 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1756217)
Will probably depend on how big the birthday will be celebrated. What incoming State Visits took place in 2006? And i think in the autumn it could be well the case. Look to Denmark. There the new dutch Royal Couple will pay a State Visit to Denmark only cvery short before the 75th birthday celebrations of Queen Margrethe.
My guess is that it was simply a coincidence the the belgian State Visit in 1994 took place already one year after Albert and Paola came to the throne. Henri and Maria Teresa visted Swdeden in 2008 or 2007 also some year after the came to the Throne.
We will have to wait and see who from the new Royal Couples comes first.

In both 1996 and 2006 there was only one incoming respectively (Hungary and Botswana) but some outgoing visits instead. Probably no major incoming state visits during next year, but as you said, we have to wait and see.

We shall remember that the RC paid an official visit to the Netherlands last year and a state visit as late as in 2009.

Hans-Rickard 03-07-2015 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingen (Post 1756248)
In both 1996 and 2006 there was only one incoming respectively (Hungary and Botswana) but some outgoing visits instead. Probably no major incoming state visits during next year, but as you said, we have to wait and see.

We shall remember that the RC paid an official visit to the Netherlands last year and a state visit as late as in 2009.

Hence why i don't expect W-A and Maxima will pay a state visit to Sweden anytime soon. And it's not very long since Albert and Paola was here and C-G and Silvia did their return visit.

But i won't be surprised if an incoming state visit from Spain will be announced during next year or even earlier.

The dream would ofcourse be an outgoing state visit to UK during the fall but has a monarch ever made 2 state visits to QEII 2 ?

Kingen 03-07-2015 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1756259)
Hence why i don't expect W-A and Maxima will pay a state visit to Sweden anytime soon. And it's not very long since Albert and Paola was here and C-G and Silvia did their return visit.

But i won't be surprised if an incoming state visit from Spain will be announced during next year or even earlier.

The dream would ofcourse be an outgoing state visit to UK during the fall but has a monarch ever made 2 state visits to QEII 2 ?

We'll have to wait and see! Hopefully it won't be long until we have a monarch on a state visit in Sweden.

Yes, Queen Margrethe has paid to state visits to QEII (1974 and 2000) and the latter is not mentioned as an official visit.

Stefan 03-07-2015 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingen (Post 1756282)
We'll have to wait and see! Hopefully it won't be long until we have a monarch on a state visit in Sweden.

Yes, Queen Margrethe has paid to state visits to QEII (1974 and 2000) and the latter is not mentioned as an official visit.

King Olav made alson an State Visit to the UK in the late 1980's. I'm prety sure that this was not his first State Visit to the UK- And King Harald paid on State Visit to the UK in the 1990's and the official Visit in 2005 who was a State Visit all but in name.
Queen Margrethe has also paid two State Visits to Sweden as she first visited her grandfather King Gustaf VI. Adolf.

Hans-Rickard 03-07-2015 01:16 PM

Carl-Gustaf did actually visit Scotland in 1975. Still in the UK ofcourse but i don't think he was in England at all ?
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

As the visit was in 1975, Queen Silvia was not a part of it as it was still a year until the wedding would take place. The eldest sister of the King,
Princess Margareta Mrs Ambler who already lived in England acted as the
Swedish first lady during the state banquet at Holyrood House.
Prince Charles and Princess Anne was also given the order of the seraphim during that visit and The Duke of Gloucester was given the order of the polar star. Queen Elizabeth II was also given the seraphim collar (already a member of the order since 1954).

I asked my danish friends too and the danish visit to Queen Elizabeth II in 2000 was indeed a state visit. Would be great to see Carl-Gustaf do it too.

Kingen 03-19-2015 03:02 PM

The Authority for Statistics (SCB) has updated the largest export markets for Sweden during 2014. Norway is still no 1, and Germany is keeping the 2nd place, while UK is new no 3.

This makes me think that it's really time for new State Visit to these countries, especially since it's long time since the last ones.

Hans-Rickard 03-20-2015 12:37 PM

Hopefully we will see outgoing swedish state visits to Germany and UK again but if there will be anymore Swedish-Norwegian visits during these reigns it's Harald and Sonja who should visit Sweden as they last did it in 1992 and Carl Gustaf and Silvia visited Norway in 1993.

Hopefully we will see an outgoing Swedish state visit to Luxembourg soon as Carl Gustaf haven't done that yet and Henri has been Grand Duke since 2000 and did a state visit to Sweden in 2008.

Kingen 03-21-2015 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1760674)
Hopefully we will see an outgoing Swedish state visit to Luxembourg soon as Carl Gustaf haven't done that yet and Henri has been Grand Duke since 2000 and did a state visit to Sweden in 2008.

Yes I agree with you. This might be a possible state visit for this fall.

Kingen 03-23-2015 12:36 PM

Today the King hold an audience for the Minster for Foreign Affairs, Margot Wallström. Even though all publicity for this meeting in the Swedish press is about the recent diplomatic crisis with Saudi Arabia, it was the planning for upcoming state visits that was the major topic. No news about potential state visits however after the meeting.

https://www.kungahuset.se/royalcourt/...48ba12af3.html

Hans-Rickard 03-23-2015 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingen (Post 1761435)
Today the King hold an audience for the Minster for Foreign Affairs, Margot Wallström. Even though all publicity for this meeting in the Swedish press is about the recent diplomatic crisis with Saudi Arabia, it was the planning for upcoming state visits that was the major topic. No news about potential state visits however after the meeting.

https://www.kungahuset.se/royalcourt/...48ba12af3.html

Hopefully that means an outgoing and / or incoming state visit will be announced soon.

And hopefully he teached her a lesson or two in diplomacy ;-)

Kingen 04-08-2015 08:47 AM

We could now look forward to an incoming state visit from India with start May 31. We'll have to wait for press releases from the Royal Court and the Ministry for Foreign Affairs, however the website of the Mounted Royal Guards states:

"Under 2015 är ett statsbesök från Indien inplanerat den 31 maj med kortege under eftermiddagen."
"During 2015 is a state visit from India planned on May 31, with a cortege during the afternoon." (my translation).

Also the closing schedules of the Royal Apartments at the Royal Palace of Stockholm has indicated an incoming state visit in this period.

Mbruno 04-08-2015 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1756307)
Carl-Gustaf did actually visit Scotland in 1975. Still in the UK ofcourse but i don't think he was in England at all ?
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

As the visit was in 1975, Queen Silvia was not a part of it as it was still a year until the wedding would take place. The eldest sister of the King,
Princess Margareta Mrs Ambler who already lived in England acted as the
Swedish first lady during the state banquet at Holyrood House.
Prince Charles and Princess Anne was also given the order of the seraphim during that visit and The Duke of Gloucester was given the order of the polar star. Queen Elizabeth II was also given the seraphim collar (already a member of the order since 1954).

I asked my danish friends too and the danish visit to Queen Elizabeth II in 2000 was indeed a state visit. Would be great to see Carl-Gustaf do it too.

Relations between the Windsors and the Bernadottes are rumored to be somewhat cool after King Carl Gustaf rejected a possible match-up with Princess Anne back when he was still single and the plans to marry Prince William to Princess Madeleine went nowhere. Prince Charles is also often quoted as having openly criticized Victoria when she and Daniel became a couple.

Just gossip of course.

Stefan 04-08-2015 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1760674)
Hopefully we will see outgoing swedish state visits to Germany and UK again but if there will be anymore Swedish-Norwegian visits during these reigns it's Harald and Sonja who should visit Sweden as they last did it in 1992 and Carl Gustaf and Silvia visited Norway in 1993.

There have not been many Royal State Visits to Luxembourg since Grand Duke Henri became Gand Duke. Only King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia and Queen Beatrix.
But i think it is really time for a swedish State Visiti to Germany as the last one was in 1979 so 36 years ago.

Kingen 04-08-2015 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1765969)
There have not been many Royal State Visits to Luxembourg since GRand Duke Henri became Gand Duke. Only King Juan CArlos and Queen Sofia and Queen Beatrix.
But i think it is really time for a swedish State Visiti to Germany as the last one was in 1979 so 36 years ago.

It would indeed be nice to see state visit to both Luxemburg and Germany, I hopa and guess both of them are in the pipeline and will take place in a couple of years.

Kingen 06-05-2015 11:54 AM

As reported by LadyFinn is the King and Queen paying a state visit to Lithuania in October. Statsbesök i Litauen 7–9 oktober 2015 - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

It seems like most of the state visits that have taking place the last years are to/from countries around the baltic sea. But no monarchies...

An Ard Ri 06-05-2015 12:35 PM

Has the King not paid a State Visit to the UK except for a visit to Scotland 40 years ago?

Hans-Rickard 06-05-2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingen (Post 1786927)
As reported by LadyFinn is the King and Queen paying a state visit to Lithuania in October. Statsbesök i Litauen 7–9 oktober 2015 - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

It seems like most of the state visits that have taking place the last years are to/from countries around the baltic sea. But no monarchies...

Interesting. A very important state visit as well to strengthen the connections with the baltic countries in the new political climate :) Hopefully we'll get one more incoming state visit too before the end of the year. I've heard rumours there may be an incoming state visit from the president of Chile this year or next. I really hope it's true as i am born in Chile and was adopted to Sweden when i was 6 months :)

Usually state visits to and from monarchies are being done quite early in the reign of a new monarch so i am sure we will get incoming state visits from Spain, NL and Belgium in the upcoming years. And it's QMII:s turn to go to Sweden too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by An Ard Ri (Post 1786943)
Has the King not paid a State Visit to the UK except for a visit to Scotland 40 years ago?

No

Kingen 06-07-2015 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1787018)
Interesting. A very important state visit as well to strengthen the connections with the baltic countries in the new political climate :) Hopefully we'll get one more incoming state visit too before the end of the year. I've heard rumours there may be an incoming state visit from the president of Chile this year or next. I really hope it's true as i am born in Chile and was adopted to Sweden when i was 6 months :)

Usually state visits to and from monarchies are being done quite early in the reign of a new monarch so i am sure we will get incoming state visits from Spain, NL and Belgium in the upcoming years. And it's QMII:s turn to go to Sweden too.

I agree with you, and this vist has been rumored for a while. We see a clear tendency that the cooperation with the countries around the Baltic Sea are seen as more important nowadays.

That would indeed be nice to see! Have a President from Chile previously paid a state visit to Sweden?

I somehow think that the Spanish King and Queen will be the first one of the new Royal Couples to pay a state visit to Sweden. I have two reason for this, Spain is the country of the three that hasn't paid/been visited for the longest time. The Swedish RC paid a state visit to the Netherlands in 2009, and to Belgium in 2001, the last Spanish visit is way longer back in time. The Spanish King and Queen haven't paid an introduction or curtsey visit to Sweden yet, maybe they wait for the "real" visit in due time.

I do hope for a state visit from Denmark, with Margrethe, Henrik, Frederik and Mary. After all it was kind off promised during the Swedish visit to Denmark in 2017, however I don't think it will happen before 2017, since the King turns 70 next year.

Hans-Rickard 06-07-2015 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingen (Post 1787667)
I agree with you, and this vist has been rumored for a while. We see a clear tendency that the cooperation with the countries around the Baltic Sea are seen as more important nowadays.

That would indeed be nice to see! Have a President from Chile previously paid a state visit to Sweden?

I somehow think that the Spanish King and Queen will be the first one of the new Royal Couples to pay a state visit to Sweden. I have two reason for this, Spain is the country of the three that hasn't paid/been visited for the longest time. The Swedish RC paid a state visit to the Netherlands in 2009, and to Belgium in 2001, the last Spanish visit is way longer back in time. The Spanish King and Queen haven't paid an introduction or curtsey visit to Sweden yet, maybe they wait for the "real" visit in due time.

I do hope for a state visit from Denmark, with Margrethe, Henrik, Frederik and Mary. After all it was kind off promised during the Swedish visit to Denmark in 2017, however I don't think it will happen before 2017, since the King turns 70 next year.

Absolutely. The ties to the countries around the Baltic Sea becomes more and more important, eapecially since the quite unstable political situation in Russia.

The King and Queen paid a state visit to Chile in 1996.
The Chilean President at the time Ricardo Lagos paid an official visit to Sweden in 2005 but that was more of a political visit and Prime minister Fredrik Reinfeldt did the return visit in 2011.
I don't think there has ever been a state visit to Sweden by a Chilean president.

I agree with you. The last Spanish state visit to Sweden was in 1979 and the return visit to Spain was in 1983. It's quite surprising that the new spanish royal couple hasn't done an introductory visit yet. Maybe it will come or maybe a state visit is on the drawing board so they don't see any need for an introductory visit.

I won't be surprised if we will se a danish state visit to Sweden in 2017, 10 years since the
Swedish state visit to Denmark, hopefully in the summer so they can use the ship "Dannebrogen" :)
It would be fantastic if F and M would follow QMII and PH and carry out engagements together with V and D. Though i don't expect it but see it as a nice bonus if they do.

Kingen 06-10-2015 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1787934)
Absolutely. The ties to the countries around the Baltic Sea becomes more and more important, eapecially since the quite unstable political situation in Russia.

The King and Queen paid a state visit to Chile in 1996.
The Chilean President at the time Ricardo Lagos paid an official visit to Sweden in 2005 but that was more of a political visit and Prime minister Fredrik Reinfeldt did the return visit in 2011.
I don't think there has ever been a state visit to Sweden by a Chilean president.

I agree with you. The last Spanish state visit to Sweden was in 1979 and the return visit to Spain was in 1983. It's quite surprising that the new spanish royal couple hasn't done an introductory visit yet. Maybe it will come or maybe a state visit is on the drawing board so they don't see any need for an introductory visit.

I won't be surprised if we will se a danish state visit to Sweden in 2017, 10 years since the
Swedish state visit to Denmark, hopefully in the summer so they can use the ship "Dannebrogen" :)
It would be fantastic if F and M would follow QMII and PH and carry out engagements together with V and D. Though i don't expect it but see it as a nice bonus if they do.

This new trend with state visit to and from the Baltic countries might bring us a state visit to Germany as well.

Very interesting concerning (state) visits to and from Chile. Lets hope that well will see this in a near future.

I think it is 50-50 chance we will see Mary and Frederik join the Regent couple. As Victoria joined the King and Queen in 2007, I don't see it as impossible that we will se a great representation from Denmark. It would indeed be both glittering and an extensive programme.

Hans-Rickard 06-11-2015 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingen (Post 1788607)
This new trend with state visit to and from the Baltic countries might bring us a state visit to Germany as well.

Very interesting concerning (state) visits to and from Chile. Lets hope that well will see this in a near future.

I think it is 50-50 chance we will see Mary and Frederik join the Regent couple. As Victoria joined the King and Queen in 2007, I don't see it as impossible that we will se a great representation from Denmark. It would indeed be both glittering and an extensive programme.

Definitely. I am sure a future outgoing state visit to Germany is at the drawing board at the Foreign ministry. It is also Carl Gustafs turn to visit Luxembourg.

Yes it would be really funny if it happened. We have a lot of trade with Chile and a lot of Swedish citizens from Chile who are adopted like me or who fled the dictatorship during the Pinochet-era.

It would be funny if Frederik and Mary would follow the regent couple on the next state visit to Sweden (and Norway too). Even though i don't think Victoria would have followed to Denmark and Finland had she been married at that time it would be very symbolic given the very close family ties. I know Carl Gustaf has described Frederik, Haakon and Märtha-Louise as children in his own family and Harald and Margrethe the same about Victoria so the scandinavians are indeed very close :)

Kingen 06-11-2015 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1788943)
Definitely. I am sure a future outgoing state visit to Germany is at the drawing board at the Foreign ministry. It is also Carl Gustafs turn to visit Luxembourg.

Yes it would be really funny if it happened. We have a lot of trade with Chile and a lot of Swedish citizens from Chile who are adopted like me or who fled the dictatorship during the Pinochet-era.

It would be funny if Frederik and Mary would follow the regent couple on the next state visit to Sweden (and Norway too). Even though i don't think Victoria would have followed to Denmark and Finland had she been married at that time it would be very symbolic given the very close family ties. I know Carl Gustaf has described Frederik, Haakon and Märtha-Louise as children in his own family and Harald and Margrethe the same about Victoria so the scandinavians are indeed very close :)

I wish I knew what state visits that are in the making at Ministry for Foreign Affairs. As we discussed before are the Baltic countries and the countries around the Baltic Sea seen as very important right now (no wonder why), but it seems that it is on the cost of return visits to previous state visits.

One of these are Luxembourg (state visit in Sweden in 2008), and I hope this will take place next year or following. But I don't think that this is a prioritized visit by the government however.

Denmark (state visit in 2007). It is important due to the family ties between the royal families, but also between the countries. Here I actually think it is only a matter of time, and try to coordinate in the calendar. Almost every year is their a major celebration in either Denmark or Sweden, and I think that they want a a year that is free from celebrations, hopefully 2017. And lets hope that it is two generation state visit with Dannebrog.

Germany. Would not be surprising concerning the countries that are visited. President Gauck paid a state visit in 2003, so it's a bout time for a return visit, and that hasn't taken place for decades. It would be lovely to see Queen Silvia to "come home".

The visit in Mexico in 2002 hasn't been returned. And it seems like the Mexican President pays a lot of state visit to European countries right now.

LadyFinn 06-28-2015 01:17 PM

The president of Peru, Ollanta Humala Tasso, met prime minister Stefan Löfven in Brussels on 11th June and extended an invitation to Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden visit Peru in October.
Peru and Sweden renewed interest in increasing their bilateral relationship

We will see if Victoria goes to Peru, but maybe no state visit to Peru in the near future.

polyesco 06-29-2015 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1796664)
The president of Peru, Ollanta Humala Tasso, met prime minister Stefan Löfven in Brussels on 11th June and extended an invitation to Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden visit Peru in October.
Peru and Sweden renewed interest in increasing their bilateral relationship

We will see if Victoria goes to Peru, but maybe no state visit to Peru in the near future.

That would be nice. thank you for the information

Kingen 12-28-2015 09:17 AM

Johan T Lindwall, journalist at Expressen, writes in an article (about the Tunisian state visit to Sweden) that it's possible with a state visit to India in 2016. The lastest visit to India was in 1993 with an incoming visit this year.

Hans-Rickard 01-08-2016 10:32 PM

I expect things to be announced about this soon. An outgoing state visit to India is possible. An incoming state visit from Iceland is also possible by the end of the year as they will get a new President this summer.

Others than that i have no clue. Would be nice if the much anticipated state visit to Germany would finally happen. A state visit to The Queen's birth country would be a HUGE media affair.

Royals ? Maybe from Spain. Too early yet to expect visits from Belgium and Netherlands.

If i got to wish a royal state visit, it would be an incoming state visit from Denmark during the summer and that QMII takes both the royal ship "Dannebrogen" and and the whole Crown Princely family with her (PH can be at his wine castle and PJ can protect Denmark while they are here).

Tilia C. 01-09-2016 03:43 AM

I don't expect more than one royal-royal state visit per year from the three new monarchs. Belgium will visit the Netherlands this year, and the Spanish mornarchs are visiting Britain. So Sweden might not be on their agenda before 2017.

Let's hope that there will be two incoming State Visits again, like last year. The incoming ones are just the bigger show. :biggrin:

Marengo 01-09-2016 03:49 AM

According to the -very reliable- royalblog.nl of Hans Jacobs, it says that there are 'whispers' about a Dutch state visit to Sweden for this year. No date has been set yet.
https://royalblog.nl/

Stefan 01-09-2016 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilia C. (Post 1854344)
I don't expect more than one royal-royal state visit per year from the three new monarchs. Belgium will visit the Netherlands this year, and the Spanish mornarchs are visiting Britain. So Sweden might not be on their agenda before 2017.

:biggrin:

Actually there are 2 belgian State Visits to other monarchies amnnounced for this year. One to Japan and one to the Netherlands.
But that makes it unlikely that the will visit Sweden this year. Also Spain is unlikely as there will be the State Visit to the UK in March and there wll be Visits to Japan, Jordan and Morocco. But it is not clear if it will all be State Visits.
Also nice would be a swedish State Visit to Luxembourg.

Kingen 01-09-2016 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1854310)
I expect things to be announced about this soon. An outgoing state visit to India is possible. An incoming state visit from Iceland is also possible by the end of the year as they will get a new President this summer.

Others than that i have no clue. Would be nice if the much anticipated state visit to Germany would finally happen. A state visit to The Queen's birth country would be a HUGE media affair.

Royals ? Maybe from Spain. Too early yet to expect visits from Belgium and Netherlands.

If i got to wish a royal state visit, it would be an incoming state visit from Denmark during the summer and that QMII takes both the royal ship "Dannebrogen" and and the whole Crown Princely family with her (PH can be at his wine castle and PJ can protect Denmark while they are here).

I second that. The Icelandic state visit could how ever take place next year instead.

I also think that it is about time for a Danish state visit, and I want to see it in the same circumstances as you. It seems like Sweden and Denmark need to improve the relations a bit. But I don't think it takes places this year, mostly because of the King's birthday.

For this year, this spring, I really hope for a state visit to Germany. As you say, it would be huge in Germany, and far too long since the last one.

My list would be:
Outgoing to Germany
Outgoing to the UK (come on it would be amazing)
Incoming from the Netherlands
Incoming from Poland (to return the visit there a couple of years ago, and it seems to be a focus on the Baltic countries in recent years.)

Marengo 01-09-2016 08:27 AM

Isn't it customary to pay a state visit to another head-of-state only once? King CG already went to QEII for a state visit, so that would rule out another one during the reign of QEII.

Duc_et_Pair 01-09-2016 08:40 AM

The King and Queen of Sweden have paid an official visit to the new King of the Netherlands and Queen Máxima see picture, after -of course- the Dutch royal couple made an introductory visit to them first, see picture.

A Dutch State Visit to Sweden, after these two events in a short period, seems a bit unlikely to me...

Stefan 01-09-2016 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1854408)
Isn't it customary to pay a state visit to another head-of-state only once? King CG already went to QEII for a state visit, so that would rule out another one during the reign of QEII.

Usually it is like this but there are exceptions. For example Queen Margrethe II. paid 2 State Visits to the Uk. One in the 1970's and one in 2000. And King Olav V. made one in 1987/88 and i believe that this was not his fierst State Visit to the Uk given the close Family relationships. And King CG paid 2 State Visits to Denmark.

Hans-Rickard 01-09-2016 08:55 AM

An incoming state visit from Netherlands to Sweden this year would be VERY surprising as it is only 7 years since Queen Beatrix was her on a state visit.

Although i would love it

Stefan 01-09-2016 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1854412)
An incoming state visit from Netherlands to Sweden this year would be VERY surprising as it is only 7 years since Queen Beatrix was her on a state visit.

Although i would love it

That was not a State Visiti of Queen Beatrix to Sweden but a State Visit of King CG and Queen Silvia to the Netherlands.

Hans-Rickard 01-09-2016 10:06 AM

Correct. I was too fast there. It was an outgoing state visit. The last dutch state visit to Sweden was in 1987
(although it has been official visits in between at both directions).

Tilia C. 01-09-2016 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1854347)
According to the -very reliable- royalblog.nl of Hans Jacobs, it says that there are 'whispers' about a Dutch state visit to Sweden for this year. No date has been set yet.
https://royalblog.nl/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1854351)
Actually there are 2 belgian State Visits to other monarchies amnnounced for this year. One to Japan and one to the Netherlands.
But that makes it unlikely that the will visit Sweden this year. Also Spain is unlikely as there will be the State Visit to the UK in March and there wll be Visits to Japan, Jordan and Morocco. But it is not clear if it will all be State Visits.
Also nice would be a swedish State Visit to Luxembourg.

Ok, so that completely un-prooves my one-state-visit-per-year theory. And a Dutch SV to Sweden would be very welcome, I truely hope that those 'whispers' are right. What a glittering event that would be.

Is it certain that the Visit of Felipe to Japan is a proper SV?

Duc_et_Pair 01-09-2016 11:31 AM

Hans Jacobs is a reliable source but when he speaks about "whispers" that is not the same as "there is a date set for a State Visit", of course.

This is what he wrote in Dutch, here the translation:

[...]

France will receive the (Dutch) royal couple for a State Visit in March. The dates have not yet been made public, but the French President François Hollande already (untimely) announced the visit last summer. Paris is not the only destination for a State Visit, but the Household and Foreign Affairs remain silent. Sweden and Australia are names that are whispered, but these are not confirmed (yet). One incoming State Visit is certain: the Belgian royal couple is expected in Amsterdam, in the autumn. King Felipe of Spain will also make a visit in February, for the opening of the Hieronymus Bosch-exhibition.

[...]

Tilia C. 01-09-2016 11:45 AM

When Albert II of Monaco opened a Princesse Grace exhibition in NL, there was a gala dinner with the Queen wearing a tiara. So, may we hope for some near-state-visit-glitter at King Felipe's visit? Or is it just a one day visit with the King flying back in the evening?

Kingen 01-09-2016 01:06 PM

Of course the Dutch state visit is only a rumor, but perhaps there is some truth within it. I don't see previous state/official visits as a problem. The King and Queen paid a state visit to the Netherlands in 2009, and an official visit in 2014(?). The time since the last state visit is the a quite normal time between the first and second state visit between countries in Sweden. However there is a new King in the Netherlands, and that should out rule anything else.

Kingen 01-09-2016 05:24 PM

Found something that seems to be quite reliable. A incoming state visit from Chile is to be expected in May, according to the Swedish Government.

Sweden and Chile aim to enter social welfare agreement - Government.se

Countessmeout 01-09-2016 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingen (Post 1854477)
Of course the Dutch state visit is only a rumor, but perhaps there is some truth within it. I don't see previous state/official visits as a problem. The King and Queen paid a state visit to the Netherlands in 2009, and an official visit in 2014(?). The time since the last state visit is the a quite normal time between the first and second state visit between countries in Sweden. However there is a new King in the Netherlands, and that should out rule anything else.

WA visited Sweden in 2014 as a King. It would be different perhaps if he had still been CP back then, but 2 state visits in 2 years would seem a stretch IMO. Mathilde and Philippe have as well since coming to the throne. I don't believe Felipe and Letizia have since Felipe became king, so maybe them?

Kingen 01-09-2016 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 1854523)
WA visited Sweden in 2014 as a King. It would be different perhaps if he had still been CP back then, but 2 state visits in 2 years would seem a stretch IMO. Mathilde and Philippe have as well since coming to the throne. I don't believe Felipe and Letizia have since Felipe became king, so maybe them?

Well that is really different things. King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima paid a visit to Sweden in October 2013. That was however just a introduction visit, alsting one day. The Swedish King and Queen paid an official visit to the Netherlands in April 2014 to celebrate the 400 years of diplomatic relations between the countries. None of these visits have been state visits.

Either it means that a "real" state visit will take place soon, or it means that due to the previous visits there is no need of a state visit right now. Who knows?

Marengo 01-09-2016 06:52 PM

The Dutch king and queen went to Denmark on an introduction visit in 2013 and went back for a state visit in 2015. If that was not a problem then, I don't see why it should be a problem now.

Anyway, for now all we can do is wait and see.

Hans-Rickard 01-09-2016 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingen (Post 1854520)
Found something that seems to be quite reliable. A incoming state visit from Chile is to be expected in May, according to the Swedish Government.

Sweden and Chile aim to enter social welfare agreement - Government.se

Interesting. Then all rumours i've heard recently that there is an incoming state visit from Chile at the drawing board at the foreign ministry seems to be true :)

Interesting on a personal note for me too as i am adopted from Chile :)

Hans-Rickard 01-09-2016 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingen (Post 1854525)
Well that is really different things. King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima paid a visit to Sweden in October 2013. That was however just a introduction visit, alsting one day. The Swedish King and Queen paid an official visit to the Netherlands in April 2014 to celebrate the 400 years of diplomatic relations between the countries. None of these visits have been state visits.

Either it means that a "real" state visit will take place soon, or it means that due to the previous visits there is no need of a state visit right now. Who knows?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1854535)
The Dutch king and queen went to Denmark on an introduction visit in 2013 and went back for a state visit in 2015. If that was not a problem then, I don't see why it should be a problem now.

Anyway, for now all we can do is wait and see.

It all depends on if the Swedish foreign ministry who is responsible for the state visits has sent an invitation to their dutch counterpart regarding a state visit. If they have it is probably just a question of schedule it before it is announced. If not, then we have to wait.

The official visit to Netherlands in 2014 was more or less a state visit in every sence but name. We even got to see a white tie dinner despite it not being a state visit :-D

All we can do is to wait and see what will be announced and what won't be announced. As W-A has been King for almost 3 years now and that there hasn't been a dutch official visit to Sweden for a while, a state visit shouldn't shouldn't be very far away.

I don't think the introductory visit really can be seen as an official visit. It was more a chance for King W-A to over a day introduce himself for the swedish royal court, parliament and government.

Kingen 01-10-2016 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1854544)
Interesting. Then all rumours i've heard recently that there is an incoming state visit from Chile at the drawing board at the foreign ministry seems to be true :)

Interesting on a personal note for me too as i am adopted from Chile :)

That must be especially happy new Hans-Rickard. Nice that the rumors turn out to be true.

Tilia C. 01-10-2016 11:11 AM

So the SV from Chile will be in May, after the big birthday celebrations for the King. I wonder if there will be an outgoing visit in March or so, before the birthday. Outgoing visits to republics are often announced at short term.

Kingen 01-10-2016 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilia C. (Post 1854722)
So the SV from Chile will be in May, after the big birthday celebrations for the King. I wonder if there will be an outgoing visit in March or so, before the birthday. Outgoing visits to republics are often announced at short term.

There could be a incoming state visit in March as well, we don't know. The state visit from Chile is not officially announced, so another (incoming or outgoing) could be announced before that.

Hans-Rickard 01-10-2016 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilia C. (Post 1854722)

We gotta wait and see. There is a possibility that there will be fewer state visits for the swedish royal couple this year or by the first half of the year as there will be a lot of other ceremonies with 2 upcoming births, service of thanksgivings and christenings (if everything goes well), the birthday celebrations for the King will likely last over 2 or 3 days, the 40:th wedding anniversary for the royal couple will likely be celebrated in some way this summer. To that you have the usual representation dinners and possible state visits.

It is pretty safe to say that 2016 will be an interesting year for the swedish royals /)

Kingen 01-11-2016 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1854851)
We gotta wait and see. There is a possibility that there will be fewer state visits for the swedish royal couple this year or by the first half of the year as there will be a lot of other ceremonies with 2 upcoming births, service of thanksgivings and christenings (if everything goes well), the birthday celebrations for the King will likely last over 2 or 3 days, the 40:th wedding anniversary for the royal couple will likely be celebrated in some way this summer. To that you have the usual representation dinners and possible state visits.

It is pretty safe to say that 2016 will be an interesting year for the swedish royals /)

A very interesting year indeed. The first official dinner was announced today for February 3rd. As have said before, we have to wait and see for announcements. In 2006 we saw four visits in total, with one incoming state visit in March.

Hans-Rickard 01-14-2016 07:51 AM

Today the King gave audience for the minister of foreign affairs Mrs Margot Wallström. Silvia, Victoria and Daniel was also present. They discussed the governments suggestions for state visits and official visits during the upcoming years.

Then i guess we can expect something to be announced soon

https://www.kungahuset.se/royalcourt/calendar.4.396160511584257f218000213.html

Kingen 01-14-2016 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1855659)
Today the King gave audience for the minister of foreign affairs Mrs Margot Wallström. Silvia, Victoria and Daniel was also present. They discussed the governments suggestions for state visits and official visits during the upcoming years.

Then i guess we can expect something to be announced soon

Calendar - Sveriges Kungahus

I hope there will be an announcement soon

LadyFinn 02-10-2016 09:36 AM

Johan T Lindwall "reveals" at ExpressenTV, that the king and queen will make a state visit to Germany. And according to Lindwall it isn't a coincidence that the visit will be made this year. Queen Silvia celebrates her 40 years as the queen and returns to her home country. The visit will last at least three days, Berlin is in focus and queen Silvia's Heidelberg. Lindwall's source tells that the visit will be made in October.
Drottning Silvia återvänder till Tyskland _ Kungligt _ Expressen.tv

Tilia C. 02-10-2016 10:57 AM

That is welcome news! I hope that it is correct, as there seems to be no official statement yet.

It will be exciting to have the King and Queen on a SV to Germany again. There will be a lot of press coverage, including some tv coverage. But the question on the spring State Visits is still unanswered. I hope that there will be some, even with the King's big birthday.

Countessmeout 02-10-2016 11:51 AM

It would be great to see some coverage of Silvia in Heidelberg, her home town:flowers:

LadyFinn 02-18-2016 01:16 PM

According to Expresssen's Johan T Lindwall, president Michelle Bachelet from Chile makes state visit to Sweden just before the Eurovision Song Contest final on 14th May, at the same week.
- It is the Ministry for Foreign Affairs that communicates state visits, said Margareta Thorgren.
Kungen och Silvia laddar för superveckor i maj _ Nyheter _ Expressen

Kingen 02-18-2016 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1864605)
According to Expresssen's Johan T Lindwall, president Michelle Bachelet from Chile makes state visit to Sweden just before the Eurovision Song Contest final on 14th May, at the same week.
- It is the Ministry for Foreign Affairs that communicates state visits, said Margareta Thorgren.
Kungen och Silvia laddar för superveckor i maj _ Nyheter _ Expressen

Oh that's nice to have narrowed it down from May to to one specific week in May. Now we only have to see if it that week, or another in May.

Hans-Rickard 03-03-2016 10:15 AM

Wonderful if the rumours about the Incoming state visit from Chile and the outgoing state visit to Germany is true :)

As we haven't heard anything official so far i can imagine that there will be fewer state visits this year as there are a lot of other big events for the King and Queen this year

Tilia C. 03-03-2016 10:42 AM

You might be right, Hans-Rickard. But there always is the possibility that another SV is announced shortly before it takes place. Especially if another visit is planned for autumn, it is possible that the information is still a secret.

But with a 70th birthday, two christenings, a 40th wedding anniversary and the annual Nobels the Swedish royal year will already be very busy.

Kingen 03-08-2016 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1868459)
Wonderful if the rumours about the Incoming state visit from Chile and the outgoing state visit to Germany is true :)

As we haven't heard anything official so far i can imagine that there will be fewer state visits this year as there are a lot of other big events for the King and Queen this year

Well it has not been officially announced yet, but it not just rumours. The visit is after all mentioned at the website of the Swedish Government, and the official announcement ar often done very late in Sweden.

When I checked the closing schedule for the Royal Palace of Stockholm, the Guest Apartments and State Apartments are closed between 13-20 May. That probably menas that we'll see a state visit either between 16-18 May or 17-19 May in my opinion.

Closing dates - Sveriges Kungahus

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilia C. (Post 1868470)
You might be right, Hans-Rickard. But there always is the possibility that another SV is announced shortly before it takes place. Especially if another visit is planned for autumn, it is possible that the information is still a secret.

But with a 70th birthday, two christenings, a 40th wedding anniversary and the annual Nobels the Swedish royal year will already be very busy.

It is a very glittering year indeed, so it might be limited number of state visits. Maybe the state visit to Germany and incoming Royal state visit in the fall? I'm very curious on how the 40th wedding anniversary will be celebrated, in my kind it will be a quite small affair.

LadyFinn 03-09-2016 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingen (Post 1869997)
When I checked the closing schedule for the Royal Palace of Stockholm, the Guest Apartments and State Apartments are closed between 13-20 May. That probably menas that we'll see a state visit either between 16-18 May or 17-19 May in my opinion.

The king and queen have a lot of work events between 16th and 19th May, so the timing for a state visit then seems a little odd:
https://www.kungahuset.se/kalender.4....2016%2F05%2F22

Hans-Rickard 03-09-2016 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingen (Post 1869997)
Well it has not been officially announced yet, but it not just rumours. The visit is after all mentioned at the website of the Swedish Government, and the official announcement ar often done very late in Sweden.

It is a very glittering year indeed, so it might be limited number of state visits. Maybe the state visit to Germany and incoming Royal state visit in the fall? I'm very curious on how the 40th wedding anniversary will be celebrated, in my kind it will be a quite small affair.

Saw that but it looks strange. The King and Queen have a very packed calendar for May. We can probably expect a Royal christening and maybe also attendance at the Eurovision Song Contest Final to be added. Don't know how they will manage to host a state visit too. But there is probably already a plan for it i guess.

I think the 40:th wedding anniversary will be celebrated with a Te Deum and a lunch. Maybe also a concert with a following dinner in the evening. We won't see royals from everywhere like on his birthday. It will be more of a family affair. Wich would still include a lot of royals :-) haha.

JessRulz 03-11-2016 11:10 PM

A new thread has been made for the Chilean state visit now it has been confirmed:

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6-a-40410.html