The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Dutch Royals (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Prinsjesdag 2013-2021 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f17/prinsjesdag-2013-2021-a-35755.html)

Al_bina 09-17-2013 09:51 AM

Thanks for the photos!
King Willem-Alexander was very serious. Queen Maxima looked nice. At the same time, I fully agree with Marengo noting that the golden dress fades into the background.

suztav 09-17-2013 10:02 AM

Love Maxima's dress! Also think that Laurentien looks fabulous .... her hat however is a bit too casual for the lace dress.

Bine221 09-17-2013 10:17 AM

Why did Princess Beatrix not attend?
Is it because it would be an issue for her personally?
Or does she have the impression, that it looks strange for all people from the Netherlands, if she always sat on the throne and will not sit there any more?
BYe Bine

Marengo 09-17-2013 11:33 AM

It is customary that the abdicated monarch does not attend the event.Queen Juliana and Queen Wilhelmina also remained absent after their abdications.

Other absentees: Princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven, who attended the ceremony 52 and 46 times respectively.

---

The ceremony can be viewed here:

NOS Prinsjesdag: di 17 sep 2013, 12:35 - Uitzending Gemist

EmmaNL 09-17-2013 12:14 PM

Don't like Laurentien her hat, however I think the Queen looked fabulous! Amazing! Her dress is royal, chique and absolutely extremely beautiful. Can't be happier.
I really like the King's words towards his mother and the Dutch population because of the death of his brother. They became quite emotional at that point of the speech.

Marika86 09-17-2013 02:00 PM

Hola: Guillermo y Máxima de Holanda presiden su primer 'Día del Príncipe' como soberanos

Marengo 09-17-2013 02:32 PM

A clip:

Militair ceremonieel Prinsjesdag 2013 - YouTube

Jacknch 09-17-2013 06:15 PM

It was great to see the images and video of King Willem-Alexander's speach from the throne on Prinsjesdag. I notice that when the king and queen walked towards the thrones, the same fanfare was used as the one at the inauguration ceremony back in April. Does anyone know any more about this piece of music, who wrote it etc??

Marengo 09-17-2013 06:35 PM

It is a new piece created for the enthronement ceremony. The composer is Willem van Merwijk and the piece is called 'L'Entrata del Re'. For Queen Beatrix's inauguration Jurriaan Andriessen already composed the 'entrada della regina'.

TLLK 09-17-2013 07:31 PM

Thank you to all who shared video links and photographs of today.

QueenJen 09-17-2013 09:17 PM

In a previous post, there is a photo of a yellow/gold standard (flag). I noticed in Prince Claus' funeral as well as others, the family will stop and bow toward this flag. What is it and what does it represent that the family would bow or respond that way? Does anyone know?

lucien 09-18-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenJen (Post 1600461)
In a previous post, there is a photo of a yellow/gold standard (flag). I noticed in Prince Claus' funeral as well as others, the family will stop and bow toward this flag. What is it and what does it represent that the family would bow or respond that way? Does anyone know?

It is Orange and the Banner of the respective regiment or other parts of the Forces on duty that specific day.It is tradition to salute the Banner.Always.

Same you see with either incoming or outgoing State Visits,what follows first after arrival is the inspection of the Guards of Honour,and both the incoming as well as the hosting head of State will Always bow for the Banner of the Honorary Guards.

vkrish 09-18-2013 02:35 AM

Is there a clip of all shouting Hurrah..Hurrah..Hurrah?
I have seen a few clips on Youtube but didnt find that part in anyone of them..

QUEENECE29 09-18-2013 06:01 AM

PRINSJESDAG 2013 Page
SELDA's ROYAL: PRINSJESDAG 2013

Marika86 09-18-2013 07:36 AM

More pics

Maxima celebrates first Prince's Day as the Queen of the Netherlands - hellomagazine.com

"Pure People": Reine Maxima : Épouse en or pour le 1er 'Prinsjesdag' du roi Willem-Alexander

NGalitzine 09-19-2013 01:23 PM

Was HH Prince Maurits Van Orange Nassau Van Vollenhoven in attendance in his new role as Adjutant to the King? I did not see him in any of the videos but had thought it would be a natural event for him to attend in his new role.

lucien 09-19-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGalitzine (Post 1601094)
Was HH Prince Maurits Van Orange Nassau Van Vollenhoven in attendance in his new role as Adjutant to the King? I did not see him in any of the videos but had thought it would be a natural event for him to attaned in his new role.

No he wasn't,some other time maybe,think State Visits etc.:smile:

iceflower 09-16-2014 07:14 AM

Prinsjesdag 2014

It's Prinsjesdag (Prince's Day) today, September 16, 2014!

Prince's Day is the opening-day of the Dutch parliament and takes place every year on the third Tuesday of September.

** anp gallery ** anp overview **

** gettyimages gallery/Uk press **

** ppe gallery ** ppe gallery 2 ** gettyimages 2 **

** telegraaf.nl video: Máxima straalt op Prinsjesdag **

** zimbio gallery: King Willem-Alexander Addresses His Government **

** dpp gallery: King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima at Prinsjesdag 2014 **

** fashionnewz.nl: FOTO'S: Koningin Maxima draagt rode japon van Valentino op Prinsjesdag **

muriel 09-16-2014 07:22 AM

Looking forward to seeing more pictures

JessRulz 09-16-2014 07:39 AM

Links to two live-blogs which have some pictures and videos of the King's speech:

NOS liveblog - LIVE: Prinsjesdag 2014
Liveblog: Koning Willem-Alexander leest troonrede voor | nu.nl/politiek | Het laatste nieuws het eerst op nu.nl

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima on the thrones in the Ridderzaal