The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/)
-   -   General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 12: August 2013 - July 2014 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/general-news-about-frederik-mary-and-family-12-august-2013-july-2014-a-35732.html)

dazzling 08-30-2013 05:21 AM

General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 12: August 2013 - July 2014

Welcome to
General News about Frederik, Mary and Family
Part 12

The previous can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:
Royal House of Denmark Mod's

Roskilde 09-05-2013 04:12 PM

Last Sunday around midday (1st September) were Frederik and Mary spotted out running together near their home in Copenhagen. And let's not forget dear Ziggy, she was out running too. :flowers:

https://sphotos-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/h...54445325_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...37636120_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...75728708_n.jpg

polyesco 09-05-2013 04:37 PM

:previous:lovely to see them with ziggy too:flowers:

Juliette2 09-05-2013 09:10 PM

Boy, she is fit...! :star:

MaggieDenmark 09-06-2013 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juliette2 (Post 1596484)
Boy, she is fit...! :star:

absolute, in the third photo i fully understand why frederik runs behind her haha ;-) ;-) ;-)
nice photos thanks for sharing

Juliette2 09-06-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieDenmark (Post 1596555)
i fully understand why frederik runs behind her haha ;-) ;-) ;-)
nice photos thanks for sharing

I think I need to hang that picture on the fridge to motivate me to exercise more.She's 41 and four kids...:cheers:

I love that they feel comfortable to just go out for a jog among people during what seemed quite a crowded afternoon!

princess gertrude 09-06-2013 10:42 AM

Mary does look great, and so does Frederick. There is no excuse to not be healthy and fit and they both are good examples. Love the fact that they exercise together. The best exercise/running partner I have is my hubby!

Tarlita 09-07-2013 12:45 AM

Cr Prss Victoria used to be super fit and she married a fitness trainer, so a casual fun challenge between the two couples would be fun if they were to get together on a casual basis.

Roskilde 09-07-2013 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juliette2 (Post 1596598)
I think I need to hang that picture on the fridge to motivate me to exercise more.She's 41 and four kids...:cheers:

I love that they feel comfortable to just go out for a jog among people during what seemed quite a crowded afternoon!

Actually, the article says that it was the time of day when most people were out and about at Amalienborg. It was just about the changing of the guards at 12 PM. I don't think Frederik and Mary think about it. I think they run when they have the time to it. If you go for a walk near Amalienborg on any day, it's not at all unlikely to see them on a jog or on a bike to bring or pick up the twins from kindergarten example. It's a thing that I too love and appreciate very much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieDenmark (Post 1596555)
absolute, in the third photo i fully understand why frederik runs behind her haha ;-) ;-) ;-)

I had the same thought :rofl:

Hannelore 09-07-2013 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juliette2 (Post 1596598)

Hahahaa :rofl: I totally understand what you mean! I'm always busy - I don't have a PA or staff to cook and clean and babysit, but even if I did I still woudn't find the motivation I think :biggrin:

Juliette2 09-07-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roskilde (Post 1596905)
Actually, the article says that it was the time of day when most people were out and about at Amalienborg. It was just about the changing of the guards at 12 PM. I don't think Frederik and Mary think about it. I think they run when they have the time to it. If you go for a walk near Amalienborg on any day, it's not at all unlikely to see them on a jog or on a bike to bring or pick up the twins from kindergarten example. It's a thing that I too love and appreciate very much.

I think we are saying the same thing! I am sure that "they run when they have the time" to do it. I'll just say that the fact that it was around 12pm (I wrote afternoon because "a crowded mid-day" didn't sound that good! :lol:) AND crowded did not prevent them from going out and I like that!

Roskilde 09-08-2013 05:29 AM

Since the royal calendar-thread is locked, I will post it here ...

While looking in the royal calendar I find this a bit interesting. On the 17th September Mary has an official event where she will present the Carlsberg Foundation Research Award. But if you click at the event a big picture of Frederik shows up and below it there stands 'read more about the Crown Prince'. It will be interesting to see who shows up that day :lol:

Kalender - Kongehuset

The 17th September with Mary/Frederik
H.K.H. Kronprinsessen forestår overrækkelse af Carlsbergfondets Forskningspris 2013 kl. 18.45. - Kongehuset

fairy tale 09-08-2013 01:14 PM

I found more pictures from the Total Defence Day Copenhagen (which was in August) - unfortunately heavily watermarked but still nice :flowers:
Photo press agency - Stock Photos - Banque d'Images - Image bank - Fotoagentschap - Agence photo | Isopix.be |

ashelen 09-08-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannelore (Post 1596907)
Hahahaa :rofl: I totally understand what you mean! I'm always busy - I don't have a PA or staff to cook and clean and babysit, but even if I did I still woudn't find the motivation I think :biggrin:

you are rignt, they can find the time to do it , because they have a hole staff in their household to do everything, I had the motivation to do it but not the time and I run evrytime I can but I would have more time for myself if I wouldn't have 2 jobs and if I would have a hole staff taking care of my house! like they do!

dbarn67 09-08-2013 06:29 PM

It's also obvious that fitness is a priority of both Frederik and Mary. It helps to have help with the kids when you need it but I get the feeling that they'd both find the time even of they didn't the help. One of my best friends is a single mom of 2 kids. She decided she wanted to be a tri-athlete and became one. She swims everyday in the summer and bikes on the weekends (even with 2 kids and little to no help from her ex-husband), she just added running to her repertoire. It's not about help its about motivation. For my friend, excercise helps deal with difficulties of raising her kids alone. I think Mary and Fred just
feel fitness is a priority. I just wish I felt that way lol.

Juliette2 09-08-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairy tale (Post 1597336)
I found more pictures from the Total Defence Day Copenhagen (which was in August) - unfortunately heavily watermarked but still nice :flowers:
Photo press agency - Stock Photos - Banque d'Images - Image bank - Fotoagentschap - Agence photo | Isopix.be |

Great pictures! Thanks! They must have had a lot of fun!

Frelinghighness 09-08-2013 08:39 PM

Fitness is a priority, it is great when you have babysitters you can trust.

ashelen 09-09-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frelinghighness (Post 1597433)
Fitness is a priority, it is great when you have babysitters you can trust.

you are 100% correct! not only they hav staff in their household taking care of cooking, cleaning, ironing, etc... they have the best babysitters for their kids!

polyesco 09-09-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbarn67 (Post 1597402)
It's also obvious that fitness is a priority of both Frederik and Mary. It helps to have help with the kids when you need it but I get the feeling that they'd both find the time even of they didn't the help. One of my best friends is a single mom of 2 kids. She decided she wanted to be a tri-athlete and became one. She swims everyday in the summer and bikes on the weekends (even with 2 kids and little to no help from her ex-husband), she just added running to her repertoire. It's not about help its about motivation. For my friend, excercise helps deal with difficulties of raising her kids alone. I think Mary and Fred just
feel fitness is a priority. I just wish I felt that way lol.

I agree 100%. I think Frederik and Mary, enjoy sports and fitness. and they have personal motivation to stay in shape. they enjoy it.

Other royalty, for example, have the same amount of help and support but dont have the motivation to stay in shape.

lovely to see them leading a healthy lifestyle:flowers:

iceflower 09-09-2013 08:07 AM

Crown Princess Mary attended the birthday party of Soren Jessen at 1 Lombard Street in London last weekend. Soren Jessen, owner of 1 Lombard Street, celebrated his 50th birthday with a Great Gatsby themed party.

** Pic ** gallery **

ashelen 09-09-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1597541)

Crown Princess Mary attended the birthday party of Soren Jessen at 1 Lombard Street in London last weekend. Soren Jessen, owner of 1 Lombard Street, celebrated his 50th birthday with a Great Gatsby themed party.

** Pic ** gallery **

wow I guess she never miss anything! between work and kids, she has the time to fly to London for a party!!!!!this is style!!!!! and I love her look!!! thank you for the photos!!!!

Roskilde 09-09-2013 09:24 AM

We can read that the birthday party was held yesterday evening and on the occasion of Søren Jessen's 50th birthday. Søren Jessen is one of Frederik's oldest friends.
Mary left the party just before 11pm.

Love her Great Gatsby look too! It's so rare we see Mary out to a party and fun, so I hope she enjoyed it and had a fun evening.

Northern Princess 09-09-2013 10:13 AM

More photos from London :flowers:
Se billederne: Mary til jetset-fest i Gatsbytøj i London | www.bt.dk

polyesco 09-09-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roskilde (Post 1597554)
We can read that the birthday party was held yesterday evening and on the occasion of Søren Jessen's 50th birthday. Søren Jessen is one of Frederik's oldest friends.
Mary left the party just before 11pm.

Love her Great Gatsby look too! It's so rare we see Mary out to a party and fun, so I hope she enjoyed it and had a fun evening.

thank you for the info.
I was thinking it was rare for Mary to fly out to London to party. Its nice that she went to one of Frederik's friend's birthdays.

dbarn67 09-09-2013 11:18 AM

I like those earrings but I'm not a fan of the dress.

muriel 09-09-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polyesco (Post 1597574)
thank you for the info.
Its nice that she went to one of Frederik's friend's birthdays.

I agree. Any signs of Frederik being present?

polyesco 09-09-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 1597582)
I agree. Any signs of Frederik being present?

Frederik is currently in Argentina with the IOC.

dazzling 09-09-2013 01:14 PM

Looks interesting with everyone dressed up. Mary looked nice and it would've been nice to see Frederik with her if he didn't have to be working in Argentina.

Who is Soren Jessen? and do we know who the lady with Mary is who got into the car with her and who was walking in front of her?

marta19pl 09-09-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1597628)
Looks interesting with everyone dressed up. Mary looked nice and it would've been nice to see Frederik with her if he didn't have to be working in Argentina.

Who is Soren Jessen? and do we know who the lady with Mary is who got into the car with her and who was walking in front of her?

The lady is Julie Mølsgaard. She is one of the best friends of Frederik and Mary. We could see her with CP Mary, CP frederik at the beach this year, becuase royal family spend their vacations with Juile's family.

Soren Jessen is one of the best friends of Frederik. He is owner of some restaurants.

polyesco 09-09-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1597628)

the lady looks like the same lady Mary was seen in the beach with, during the recent summer vacation. I might be wrong though.

Shame Frederik was in Argentina, I would have Loved to see him in a 20s era costume :rofl::biggrin:

Muhler 09-12-2013 10:33 AM

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #37, 2013.
Mary til Gatsby-party i London - Mary to Gatsby-party in London.
Written by our man in town Ulrik Ulriksen.

Restaurant owner, Søren Jessen, turned 50 the other day and on that occasion he had invited a handful of guests - quite a few actually...
The theme of the party was The Roaring 20's and everybody had suited up accordingly. One of them being Mary who arrived accompanied by a manager from Georg Jensen, Ulrik Garde Due.
The guests had been asked to arrived at the posh restaurant, Lombarde Street 1, between 13-15 and Mary arrived at 14.30. - You'll win no prize for guessing who owns the restaurant, located in Londons financial district.
Here the guests enjoyed a late lunch ending a little past 17.00 when there was made room for a live band. The band mainly played dance hits and the music wasn't from the 20's but rather the 80's, but the dancefloor was crowded.
The music later changed to sould and blues and climaxed in salsa.

An English guest who was out for a breath of fresh air confided to our reporter that the party was great, everybody was dancing.
Around 22.00 people locked outside to watch a spectacular fireworks display. - Not because of this birthday however but from another party nearby.
Mary left the party at 23.30.

Mary was far from the only one who came to the party without a spouse.
Among the guests were:

Christian and Elisabeth Buchwald.
Princes Pavlos and Nikolaos - no wives.
Rebecca and Johan Wedell-Wedellsborg.
Peter Heering.
Rory Fleming.
Malou and Søren Skeel.
Christoffer Carstenskiold - husband to Ellen Hillingsøe.
Ditlev Ahlefeldt-Lauvig.
Dorthe Wedell-Wedellsborg. - Half the Wedell-clan seems to have been there!
Martin Jørgensen - without his Alexandra.

- So Mary was surrounded by friends and familiar faces.

There was however some drama.
Two intoxicated persons committed some vandalism in the underground before deciding that they wanted to join the party. That led to a discussion at the rear entrance of the restaurant and here one of them hit out at one of the British protection officers allocated to Mary. They were quickly neutralised and taken away by the police.

Frederik as you know was in Argentina. And here he and other members of the IOC posed with some tango dancers. Frederik posed for a while and then cracked up - presumably he couldn't see himself as a convincing tango-dancer...

polyesco 09-12-2013 11:21 AM

:previous:thank you Muhler. :flowers:

now Im curious to see princes Pavlos and Nikolaos, and Martin too, in 20s costume.

And I loved the picture of Frederik as a Tango dancer (well in his case more poser) :biggrin:

Muhler 09-12-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polyesco (Post 1598506)

now Im curious to see princes Pavlos and Nikolaos, and Martin too, in 20s costume.

And I loved the picture of Frederik as a Tango dancer (well in his case more poser) :biggrin:

You are welcome. :smile:

Well, for those who won't have access to the pictures in the article I can attempt to describe the two gentlemen.
They looked almost like twins and wearing white suits, with a dark west you would be forgiven for not telling them apart, except that one wore brown shoes and a pale dotted tie, while the other wore black shoes and a lilac dotted tie. - Oh yeah, one also had a beard.

Martin Jørgensen loked almost contemporary in a bluish, slightly too tight suit, with a kind of professor Calculus (Tournesol) collar and a lilac tie. - And in line with the fashion of the 20's he was unshaved...

Peter Heering was a real dandy, wearing a sixpence and a beige (I think) suit, with a flower west, pinkish tie and a narrow (and I think painted) moustache.

Christoffer Carstenskiold was most elaborate, wearing an officers mess uniform, complete with combed back Preussian hair, boots and frog-thighs in his pants, not to mention a narrow moustace and a monocle? (Not sure).

Roskilde 09-12-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polyesco (Post 1598506)

There are some glorious pictures in BB. Frederik looks great trying to keep a straight tango-face, but it is more than clear to see that he finds the situation a bit awkward :lol:

Muhler 09-13-2013 05:56 AM

Here is a pic of Princes Nikolaos and Pavlos. https://app.box.com/s/yklo8517496sxpii5wfm
As you can see they are almost impossible to tell apart. Like Thompson & Thompson (Dupont & Dupond).

Here are Peter Heering and Christoffer Carstenskiold, who really embraced the theme: https://app.box.com/s/u5837kv2i3b7927mzfyk
I notice when looking at the picture of Ditlev Ahlefeldt (bottom) that there must be "water in the basement" at home, judging from the length of his trousers.

Roskilde 09-17-2013 11:32 AM

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...75110865_n.jpg

CP Mary has been immortalised in a limited-edition Royal Doulton figurine in Australia to celebrate the approaching 10th anniversary of Mary and Frederik's marriage.

The 22cm-tall statue of the Tasmanian-born princess is believed to be the first Australian honoured with a Royal Doulton statue.

The release of the Mary-figurine coincides with the Danish royals' planned visit to Australia this year.

Article from The Mercury
https://www.themercury.com.au/lifesty...-1226720519760

polyesco 09-17-2013 11:41 AM

:previous:Aw they couldnt include Frederik? lol:rofl:

Nordic 09-17-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roskilde (Post 1600236)
https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...75110865_n.jpg

CP Mary has been immortalised in a limited-edition Royal Doulton figurine in Australia to celebrate the approaching 10th anniversary of Mary and Frederik's marriage.

Is it with "hand-painted periwinkles"?? ;)

Tarlita 09-17-2013 07:22 PM

Wow! A Royal Doulton figure, what a pity it won't go on sale in the rest of the Country.

MaggieDenmark 09-18-2013 04:40 PM

mary will visit my town trekroner on friday:clap: i hope i can get home from work in time to see her like last time. it could be fun. will try to take some good photos :-)

polyesco 09-18-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieDenmark (Post 1600808)
mary will visit my town trekroner on friday:clap: i hope i can get home from work in time to see her like last time. it could be fun. will try to take some good photos :-)

How nice. Hopefully you get to see her:flowers:

MaggieDenmark 09-19-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polyesco (Post 1600829)
How nice. Hopefully you get to see her:flowers:

yes it could be fun to see her in real life again. i will cycle as fast as i can from work haha :-)

Eden 09-19-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieDenmark (Post 1600965)

yes it could be fun to see her in real life again. i will cycle as fast as i can from work haha :-)

Lucky you! :)

Don't know where to post this, so apologies up front if not the place. Just wondering why we don't see any new portraits of M&F these days? How often do they release these?

Roskilde 09-24-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eden (Post 1600989)
Lucky you! :)

Don't know where to post this, so apologies up front if not the place. Just wondering why we don't see any new portraits of M&F these days? How often do they release these?

Hi Eden :flowers:

If I know the DRF well enough, I think there have to be a reason to publish new official pictures. I' pretty sure we will have new pictures of M+F (and children as well) to their 10 year wedding anniversary in the beginning of next year (or perhaps already to their engagement day next month.) The last time they officially traveled to Australia (November 2011) we got a new official family picture before they traveled from Denmark, so who knows, maybe we'll get a new one for their upcoming trip to Australia next month.

Roskilde 09-29-2013 05:10 AM

Some little cozy "news" from Facebook...

A Danish woman writes today on her Facebook that she yesterday was in Copenhagen where she passed by CP Frederik who was out walking with Ziggy and the twins in a stroller.
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...94565759_n.jpg

And Thursday around noon, M+F were spotted arrive to Amaliehaven with the boat, which sails out to Dannebrog (I think). But those people they sail with looks very casually dressed, so I guess they just were out having a lunch in the great weather perhaps?
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...18171410_n.jpg

Hannelore 09-29-2013 02:55 PM

Thanks for these little infos Roskilde! They give us more insight on Mary & Freds daily life. :flowers:

Roskilde 09-29-2013 06:42 PM

You're welcome, Hannelore :flowers:

I think it's quite nice we Danes can run into our future King and Queen in the streets out walking with their dog and their children in a stroller.

polyesco 09-29-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roskilde (Post 1604140)
Some little cozy "news" from Facebook...

A Danish woman writes today on her Facebook that she yesterday was in Copenhagen where she passed by CP Frederik who was out walking with Ziggy and the twins in a stroller.
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...94565759_n.jpg

And Thursday around noon, M+F were spotted arrive to Amaliehaven with the boat, which sails out to Dannebrog (I think). But those people they sail with looks very casually dressed, so I guess they just were out having a lunch in the great weather perhaps?
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...18171410_n.jpg

thank you Roskilde. I always love reading about them out an about. and to see that they are for the most part left alone ( i still would have love to see a pic of Frederik walking with the twins and ziggy)

I found this picture of Mary walking with a twin stroller and what looks like Isabella. Im not sure when it was taken
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A0LAw3wCEAAtGg0.jpg

Nora80b 09-30-2013 12:37 PM

Hello everyone,

does anyone know where I can find DVDs (online sources) about the Danish Royal Family or Scandinavians Royal family? amazon seems to know only British RF :)

Thank you

Hannelore 09-30-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polyesco (Post 1604353)

I found this picture of Mary walking with a twin stroller and what looks like Isabella. Im not sure when it was taken

Isn't that Julie Molsgaard with them? A little side question, I often see her with Mary & Fred but always on her own. I assume she has no partner? Does somebody know more about her private life? Was she married before, or did she have a serious relationship in the past that you guys know of?

MaggieDenmark 09-30-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polyesco (Post 1604353)
thank you Roskilde. I always love reading about them out an about. and to see that they are for the most part left alone ( i still would have love to see a pic of Frederik walking with the twins and ziggy)

nice photo, it must been from a month or two ago according to their summer clothes i think? :-)

Roskilde 09-30-2013 06:04 PM

It can very well be from this summer, but maybe is Bella a bit too small? Something tells me it's maybe from last year .. On this bike ride with mom and siblings in the spring this year Bella also has a bigger bike https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...86760800_n.jpg

Lady Kathleen 10-01-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roskilde (Post 1604692)
It can very well be from this summer, but maybe is Bella a bit too small? Something tells me it's maybe from last year .. On this bike ride with mom and siblings in the spring this year Bella also has a bigger bike https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...86760800_n.jpg

That is Christian, not Isabella.

Roskilde 10-01-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Kathleen (Post 1605112)
That is Christian, not Isabella.

Yeah, I know, it's only because I couldn't find the picture where you also can see Bella, but I remember her on a bigger bike on that outing with mom and siblings.

Muhler 10-03-2013 08:09 AM

Billed Bladet this week has a heartwarming story about a fifteen year old girl, Tiffanie, who suffer from severe problems with her intestines, causing her to have been commtitted to hospital 125 times and counting.

She recently had a big wish fulfilled ad the Make-A-Wish Foundation presented her with a trip to Hollywood.

However, each year Tiffanie walk the catwalk at the fashionshow at the Bella Centre and in that capcity she has met Mary several times. In fact she and Mary met for the first time when Tiffanie was six years old, she was wearing full princess clothes as so many girls do at that age, complete with a crown and that made Mary walk up to her and say hi.
Tiffanie's mother, Helle Barslev, continues: "Since then she has recogniced Tiffanie and if she isn't able to come over to say hi, she winks (not wave, wink) to her".

Roskilde 10-05-2013 11:58 AM

Mary, Christian and Bella arrived a few hours ago to Tivoli where they attend the premiere of the new family musical 'El Dorado - The search for the golden city'. :smile:

Mary, Christian and Bella came along with two girls at Isabella's age - and TV2's reporter noted that the charmer Bella once again managed to entertain before start - along with her two ​​friends she used the waiting time to hugging and fool around before they all went in together to watch the musical.

Article and gallery from TV2
Royal familieudflugt: Isabella i pjattehumør før musical | GO'

HQ pictures
https://b.bimg.dk/node-images/852/6/1...tyrteatret.jpg
https://a.bimg.dk/node-images/852/6/1...tyrteatret.jpg
https://a.bimg.dk/node-images/852/6/x...tyrteatret.jpg

The entire gallery from B.T.
https://www.bt.dk/royale/se-alle-bill...ristian-og-isa

Duke of Marmalade 10-05-2013 12:23 PM

Lovely pictures, thanks for posting! Both kids are really cute and behave completely normal with the press out there. Its great to see that there is no need to hide royal kids away but to include them in everyday life, the combination of both worlds has become normality for them.

I have to say that Christian looks more and more like his male cousins. Isabella is Fred all over.

Muhler 10-05-2013 12:32 PM

Thanks, Roskilde :flowers:

I noticed the eyes of the "Inca-girls", it was Mary they were looking at, not Bella and Christian.

polyesco 10-05-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1606336)
Lovely pictures, thanks for posting! Both kids are really cute and behave completely normal with the press out there. Its great to see that there is no need to hide royal kids away but to include them in everyday life, the combination of both worlds has become normality for them.

I agree. :flowers:

thank you Roskilde for the pictures, a nice outing

The man with them, remains me of the man who went with Mary and Isabella and Christian the pirate theme play a few years back (where Chris and Bella came out with pirate swords and hats)

MaggieDenmark 10-06-2013 03:23 AM

it is some lovely photos, christian & isabella always looks like some happy, confident and well behaved kids. i like they had christians and isabellas friends with them.

isabella is indeed the female version of frederik, she grows fast now, such a pretty little girl https://b.bimg.dk/node-images/852/6/1...tyrteatret.jpg

Muhler 10-06-2013 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polyesco (Post 1606348)
I agree. :flowers:

thank you Roskilde for the pictures, a nice outing

The man with them, remains me of the man who went with Mary and Isabella and Christian the pirate theme play a few years back (where Chris and Bella came out with pirate swords and hats)

That's Fritz Schur.
Close friend of the Regent Couple and since the death of Mærsk McKinney Møller, the one who looks after their personal investments.
He is at present one of the most powerful businessmen in DK and very affluent indeed.
A man like that has enemies and there has been some concern expressed in the media regarding his closeness with the Regent Couple in particular - as there was when Mærsk McKinney Møller was alive.
I presume the two girls are his grandchildren?

Nordic 10-06-2013 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1606571)
That's Fritz Schur.
I presume the two girls are his grandchildren?

Looks like the Handwerk girls.

amaryllus 10-06-2013 07:43 AM

Love the way Isabella is looking at her mother In that last photo.....so full of adoration and love... And I am sure Christian is a bossy but protective big brother who would not any one mess with his sister(s)....except him of course :biggrin:

Archduchess Zelia 10-06-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polyesco (Post 1606348)

The man in the picture would be the rather controversial and somewhat shady businessman and chamberlain Fritz Schur.

Roskilde 10-06-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amaryllus (Post 1606590)
Love the way Isabella is looking at her mother In that last photo.....so full of adoration and love... And I am sure Christian is a bossy but protective big brother who would not any one mess with his sister(s)....except him of course :biggrin:

Yes, this one, right? :flowers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordic (Post 1606573)
Looks like the Handwerk girls.

Yes, I'm pretty sure the girls is daughters of M+F's (probably) most close friends Jeppe and Birgitte Handwerk. India born around the same time as Christian, Palma born a little year after Bella IIRC. Both girls goes to dance together with Isabella. Here's a picture from a dance performance some time ago - a performance which also Isabella attended with mom, dad and Christian as spectators.
BB20_zpsbb6690aa.jpg Photo by jema2005 | Photobucket

And some "news" from Facebook spotters ;) Frederik and Mary along with all their children were a couple of hours ago spotted at a café/restaurant in a shopping center in Copenhagen called Fisketorvet.

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...97923857_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...72143243_n.jpg

Fisketorvet: https://img1.eu.nelso.com/2010-08-18_...09_640x425.JPG

Article and video from Billedbladet of Mary's day with Christian, Isabella and friends in Tivoli.. The always cheerful Bella made ​​sure to charm Billedbladet's journalist Ulrik Ulriksen by making her own musical - she both sang and danced on her way out from Tivoli.

Video: Prinsesse Isabella sang og dansede - Billed Bladet

Translated: Google Oversæt

HereditaryPrincess 10-06-2013 12:11 PM

Thanks for the photos and information everyone, Christian and Isabella are sweet children, and I find it cute how they bought two little friends along as well. I like Isabella's outfit, it looks quite smart. Her patent boots are nice too.

MaggieDenmark 10-06-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roskilde (Post 1606661)
And some "news" from Facebook spotters ;) Frederik and Mary along with all their children were a couple of hours ago spotted at a café/restaurant in a shopping center in Copenhagen called Fisketorvet.

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...97923857_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...72143243_n.jpg

Fisketorvet: https://img1.eu.nelso.com/2010-08-18_...09_640x425.JPG

how nice is it that we can go shopping and eating in fisketorvet together with our crownprince family ;-)

Muhler 10-10-2013 07:39 AM

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #41, 2013.
Showtime.
Written by our entertainment reporter Ulrik Ulriksen.

Accompanied by Fritz Schur, who is also a member of the board of the theatre where Mary and her children were going to see a musical called Eldorado, and unsurprisingly, considering the legend, the musical took place in a jungle close to the Andes involving lots of Incas. - With autumn holiday next week this is high season for children's actvities, so they will be smiling broadly at the free advertising the DRF gave them.
With Christian and the lively Isabella went India and Palma (The Handwerk children?).

Well, inside it took a few moments for children, PET officers and adults to figure out where they should be seated.
During the musical, Bella, sitting right next to mother was for once quiet, following the show intensely. Christian sat next to Fritz Schur with whom he quietly discussed the show.
When the show was over it got standing ovations, with Isabella thinking it was so great she handed out high-fives to the girl next to her.
When they left it was with Isabella in front dancing and singing: "Eldorado, eldorado". - Something she also did during the ovations.
Mary looked at our reporter and said: "She loves to perform".

Mary was asked on the way out what she thought of the show: "It was impressive. Really grand". (In the vidoe by BB, she's saying: "Really, really good", but perhaps that was another journalist asking).

Mary and her entourage also went back stage to meet the performers, Isabella and Christian also went on stage - but by then the curtain was down.

The chairman of the board of the theatre, Rudi Nielsen, was asked whether she thought Isabella has a future as an actress before her: "I don't know, but she would be good on stage".

Bella still attends dance lessons once a week.

- My guess is that M&F will go to Trend next week with the children. As they have an engagement in Aarhus tomorrow, my guess is that they will dine and and spend the night at Marselisborg before driving on to Trend Saturday.

Roskilde 10-10-2013 09:25 AM

:previous: Thanks Muhler,

Here's some pictures of the bubbly musical star Bella :smile:

https://herognu.com/ImageProvider/Pag.../01__b468m.jpg
https://herognu.com/ImageProvider/Pag.../15__b468m.jpg
https://herognu.com/ImageProvider/Pag.../14__b468m.jpg
https://herognu.com/ImageProvider/Pag.../05__b468m.jpg
https://herognu.com/ImageProvider/Pag.../07__b468m.jpg

https://www.herognu.com/ImageProvider.../09__b468m.jpg
https://www.herognu.com/ImageProvider.../02__b468m.jpg

Just C 10-10-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1607890)
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #41, 2013.
- My guess is that M&F will go to Trend next week with the children. As they have an engagement in Aarhus tomorrow, my guess is that they will dine and and spend the night at Marselisborg before driving on to Trend Saturday.

Why are they going to Trend next week? Is that to celebrate Christian's birthday? I had assumed they were going to leave pretty immediately for Australia to spend some private time with Mary's family ahead of their official engagements.
Thanks! :)

Archduchess Zelia 10-10-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1607890)
... With Christian and the lively Isabella went India and Palma (The Handwerk children?) ...

The Handwerk children indeed.

Thank you for the summary of that article, Muhler :flowers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just C (Post 1607940)
Why are they going to Trend next week? Is that to celebrate Christian's birthday? I had assumed they were going to leave pretty immediately for Australia to spend some private time with Mary's family ahead of their official engagements.
Thanks! :)

Almost all Danish students have the next week off - the so-called Efterårsferie (Autumn Holiday), and IIRC, M+F went to Trend during the holiday last year (where Mary took those birthday photos of Christian).

khxy19 10-10-2013 11:03 PM

Courtesies and curtsies: what it takes to interview Princess 'Maz'

Crown Prince couple new interview and magazine photoshoot

Muhler 10-11-2013 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess me (Post 1608083)
Considering the huge reception Prince Harry received on his recent trip to Australia, I'm wondering if the Danish media are a bit nervous that CP Fred and CP Mary's reception may fall a little flat?
I mean no offence and I'm a huge fan of the Danish Monarchy and its ties to the BRF. I'm just curious from a PR standpoint if the Danes are nervous about the huge welcome Harry received.

It can hardly be compared. Because Harry is a direct representative of the Australian head of state whereas M&F represent another country.
If I were to be concerned it would the other way around. That members of the BRF were upstaged by foreign royals.

Also, Harry was in Australia to show the face in general so to speak, while M&F will go to Australia for a more specific purpose.

So unless M&F are completely ignored or recieve a very bad press, it's good from a Danish PR point of view.
Just M&F on TV handing out a culture award (even if it's not a nation wide channel) is worth I don't know how much money saved in advertizing DK in Australia.
I don't think many Danes expect the DRF to genuinely upstage the BRF in Australia. - We (okay, I) may be flattered and indeed proud if they do, not to mention surprised! But that is hardly realistic.

iceflower 10-22-2013 06:11 AM

A couple of posts have been moved to the following thread:

** Crown Prince Couple's Visit to Australia; October 25th-28th, 2013 **

Roskilde 11-06-2013 09:22 AM

A little note: The new BB coming out tomorrow informs us that Christian and Bella last Thursday evening was out and about in Copenhagen and ring doorbells for Halloween with mom and some of their peers friends.

Since it was October 31st Mary may have flown straight home to the children after their visit ended.

BILLED-BLADET nr. 45 - 2013 smugkig

polyesco 11-06-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roskilde (Post 1615533)
A little note: The new BB coming out tomorrow informs us that Christian and Bella last Thursday evening was out and about in Copenhagen and ring doorbells for Halloween with mom and some of their peers friends.

Since it was October 31st Mary may have flown straight home to the children after their visit ended.

BILLED-BLADET nr. 45 - 2013 smugkig

thanks for the note. I wasn't sure if Halloween and going door to door was celebrated in DK. thanks
I guess Mary did not stay in Australia after their visit:flowers:

Roskilde 11-08-2013 07:26 PM

Several Danish media told us earlier this evening that Mary had taken her two dancing girls, Bella and Josephine with her to a "girls-night-out" to the Danish entertainment tv-show called 'Vild Med Dans'. :flowers:

It's broadcast every Friday evening and is the week's most watched tv-program here in Denmark. It's about well-known Danish people who shall learn to dance and the show is found in many other countries too, I think it's called 'Shall We Dance?', maybe some of you know it?

Isabella, who we all know is fresh for a little dance anytime and anywhere, and little Josephine (maybe going in her sisters foot steps) should have had a blast, so much that Josephine could have stayed muuuuch longer after the show ended.

It's Mary's hairdresser Søren Hedegaard, who create the hair on the dancers, so he maybe have invited them.

Anyway, nice they do such things. At home we also watch 'Vild Med Dans' every Friday. Or.. I and daughter watch it - husband goes a looong walk with the dog and has a huge smile on his face when it finally ends after 2 hours!

I guess it's the same home at Mary and Frederik.. Frederik, Christian and Vincent was probably busy building big houses rather than looking on dance and fine dresses :biggrin:

B.T. article: Mary til Vild med dans - morer sig over Simonsen - Vild med dans | www.bt.dk

BB article: Kronprinsesse Mary og prinsesserne til Vild med dans

Ekstrabladet article: Ekstra Bladet - Mary er også vild med Allan

Archduchess Zelia 11-08-2013 07:35 PM

Vild med dans is the Danish equivalent of Strictly Come Dancing/Dancing with the Stars :smile:

Muhler 11-09-2013 02:27 AM

:previous: It's the same in our home as well. Mrs. Muhler and our daughter and friends are glued to the screen. The rest of us seek refuge anywhere else. :lol:
If I happen to be home it's only to ensure the house don't burn down unnoticed around their ears.

The only reason why men will watch the show is because the (in DK) legendary soccer player, Allan Simonsen, is there. - But I understand he can't dance at all...

Nordic 11-09-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roskilde (Post 1616338)
Several Danish media told us earlier this evening that Mary had taken her two dancing girls, Bella and Josephine with her to a "girls-night-out" to the Danish entertainment tv-show called 'Vild Med Dans'.

I thought they were only to the rehearsals?

Muhler 11-09-2013 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordic (Post 1616388)
I thought they were only to the rehearsals?

That's correct.

As Roskilde suggested, perhaps Søren Heedegaard brought them along.

I can well imagine that this show is something the pupils in Isabella's dance-class follow closely.

Roskilde 11-09-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1616387)
:previous: It's the same in our home as well. Mrs. Muhler and our daughter and friends are glued to the screen. The rest of us seek refuge anywhere else. :lol:
If I happen to be home it's only to ensure the house don't burn down unnoticed around their ears.

The only reason why men will watch the show is because the (in DK) legendary soccer player, Allan Simonsen, is there. - But I understand he can't dance at all...

:lol::lol:

In relation to Allan Simonsen .. Trust me, he CAN'T dance! At all. But I fear he wins it all. There are people who vote for him without even seeing the show - just to tease TV2 and us who like the program. Oh yes, there happens a lot in the Vild Med Dans universe that you men miss out :tongue:

Fun for Mary and her girls to watch it "live", Søren Hedegaard can most likely tells some good stories about the show and the dancers.

Muhler 11-14-2013 08:27 AM

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #46, 2013.
Prinsesserne er vilde med dans - The Prinsesses are wild about dancing. (*)
Written by our reporter o the floor, Liz Rørsig.

Who must have called a number of those present afterwards.

It was indeed Mary's hairdresser, Søren Hedegaard, who invited Mary and daughters to the dress rehersal of the show.

Allan Simonsen, the iconic soccerplayer, who according to Mrs. Muhler has the dance talent of a lamppost, said: "It was grand to be visited by Mary and the lovely children. Sofie (his dance partner) and I were a bit awed that they suddenly turned up in the studio. I wasn't nervous but I didn't have time to see how they reacted or whether they applauded, becuase I was completely focused on the dance. But it was nice that they watched and it gave me a great feeling. I am a big royalist and (I) think we have a fantastic royal family with some lovely people. It's a pleasure to have them as our face outwards.
Whether I hope Mary will vote for me? I'd rather not comment on that. It's probably not appropriate".

Mads Vad, who I'm not quite sure who is... said: "It was a huge experience to be allowed to dance for Mary and the children. I'm such a big fan of that family and (I) am immensely proud that one is doing something they want to see......
I became a little bit nervous because I have so much respect for Mary. She is one of the very best looking girls in the world and I think she is so appealing. The two little girls were also so sweet and well behaved. They just sat and smiled, clapped and thought it was fun. For Mie (his dance partner) it was just as big a thing to dance in front of the royal family...."

Uffe Holm, a standupper, whose vocabulary would make Eddy Murphy bluss, said: "It's cosy that they also like the programme/show and it's super good style to bring the little Princesses in to see the show".

- It has been reported widely that Jospehine wasn't that keen to leave afterwards. :lol:

(*) A reference to the shows Danish title: Vild med dans = wild about dancing.

Roskilde 11-14-2013 11:52 AM

Thanks Muhler, can see that Mary and the girls left a very good impression :flowers:

Maybe it isn't the last time they visit the show? - there are three rounds yet before the final.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1617974)

Mads Vad, who I'm not quite sure who is... said: "It was a huge experience to be allowed to dance for Mary and the children. I'm such a big fan of that family and (I) am immensely proud that one is doing something they want to see......
I became a little bit nervous because I have so much respect for Mary. She is one of the very best looking girls in the world and I think she is so appealing. The two little girls were also so sweet and well behaved. They just sat and smiled, clapped and thought it was fun. For Mie (his dance partner) it was just as big a thing to dance in front of the royal family...."

Mads Vad is an very tall man with extremely long legs :tongue: But he knows what to do with them - he can dance! He is my favorite. Moreover, a very kind and sympathetic man IMO.

And so is he one of the few men on the show who is heterosexual.

Here he is:
https://www.dagens.dk/sites/default/f...20dans%202.jpg
https://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...d-med-dans.jpg (very young, several years ago)
https://www.sn.dk/modules/xphoto/cach..._0_0_0_0_2.jpg

MaggieDenmark 11-14-2013 04:27 PM

hey everyone,

when talk about vild med dans, wild about dancing,

i have bought the weeks edition of her og nu magazine and it writes that josephine also has started to dancing, just like her big sister, it is mary who take with her and she goes with other kids on her age. it is at østerbro in copenhagen, the same place as isabella, but because of the age difference between them goes they on separate teams :)

Roskilde 11-18-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieDenmark (Post 1618147)
hey everyone,

when talk about vild med dans, wild about dancing,

i have bought the weeks edition of her og nu magazine and it writes that josephine also has started to dancing, just like her big sister, it is mary who take with her and she goes with other kids on her age. it is at østerbro in copenhagen, the same place as isabella, but because of the
age difference between them goes they on separate teams :)

Thanks for information, Maggie Denmark :flowers:

Nice to know. I'm sure Isabella and Josephine doing lots of dance performances at home. Performances which the entire family is forced to watch again and again... and again!

I speak from own experience :cool:

Another thing... Some little news of 'Frederik and Mary out and about on the streets in Copenhagen.'

Frederik and Mary are today spotted by several people passing by on their Christiania bikes in Copenhagen with their foursome:

A young woman writes that she started the day with recieving a huge smile from both Mary and Frederik. She says they were passing by her at Kongens Nytorv on each of their Christiania bike full of princes and princesses.
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...22158759_n.jpg

Another woman writes she later in the day saw Mary coming out from Amalienborg, again on her Christiania bike. She writes that she probably was on her way to pick up the kids.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...11471048_n.jpg

Blog Real 11-18-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roskilde (Post 1619283)
Thanks for information, Maggie Denmark :flowers:

Nice to know. I'm sure Isabella and Josephine doing lots of dance performances at home. Performances which the entire family is forced to watch again and again... and again!

I speak from own experience :cool:

Another thing... Some little news of 'Frederik and Mary out and about on the streets in Copenhagen.'

Frederik and Mary are today spotted by several people passing by on their Christiania bikes in Copenhagen with their foursome:

A young woman writes that she started the day with recieving a huge smile from both Mary and Frederik. She says they were passing by her at Kongens Nytorv on each of their Christiania bike full of princes and princesses.
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...22158759_n.jpg

Another woman writes she later in the day saw Mary coming out from Amalienborg, again on her Christiania bike. She writes that she probably was on her way to pick up the kids.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...11471048_n.jpg

Like to see pictures of these moments

Roskilde 11-18-2013 04:06 PM

:previous: Yeah, but on the other hand, this is what I think is great. Mary and Frederik can drop off/pick up their children on their bikes, they can take their bike into town for shopping or they can go jogging without people photographing them. People notice them, but they let them be private. (The vast majority at least)

If there are pictures, it's usually because a reporter saw them. As here some months ago, for example: https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...48257564_n.jpg

polyesco 11-18-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roskilde (Post 1619295)
:previous: Yeah, but on the other hand, this is what I think is great. Mary and Frederik can drop off/pick up their children on their bikes, they can take their bike into town for shopping or they can go jogging without people photographing them. People notice them, but they let them be private.

If there are pictures, it's usually because a reporter saw them. As here some months ago, for example: https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...48257564_n.jpg

thanks for sharing. :flowers:
I too would love to see pics, but I love it that they can go out and about with minimum disturbance.

I wonder if Christian and Isabella were inside the Christiania bikes as well:biggrin:

dazzling 11-30-2013 04:06 AM

Discussion on Princess Mary's father's move to Denmark has been moved to the
The Family of Crown Princess Mary - The Donaldsons
Thread

Muhler 12-04-2013 03:39 PM

Do we know where Frederik is going on 6-8th December? Since Joachim will be Rigsforstander. Afghanistan perhaps?

polyesco 12-04-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1623328)
Do we know where Frederik is going on 6-8th December? Since Joachim will be Rigsforstander. Afghanistan perhaps?

hmm, interesting. what makes you think Afghanistan?
They did have him listed for an event today, which Mary took over

Muhler 12-04-2013 04:58 PM

:previous: It's the time of year. And I haven't heard about anything official he has to attend. - No IOC meeting and he has stopped sailing.
And Frederik going Christmas shopping for a couple of days? Nah. Not even with Mary, not if he can help it...

Muhler 12-05-2013 08:04 AM

I'll leave it to the mods to decide whether this should be placed in the Amalienborg thread.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #49, 2013.
Written by Marianne Singer.

The article is based on a new edition of the book: Amalienborg, by Thomas Larsen & Jørgen Larsen.

And in here Mary talks a little about living at Amalienborg.

Being used to living in slightly more modest homes, Amalienborg made a pretty big impression on Mary when she first came here. As you know M&F initially lived at Kancellihuset near Fredensborg:
"Kancellihuset is a house, while Amalienborg is a mansion. I'm sure it would have been more overwhelming if we were to have oved in at Amalienborg right away. Out there you are protected by the nature. From the moent I entered the house I felt good/at ease. There was warmth and atmosphere (*) and we felt we were in our own home".

Having the first two children and living i an (fairly) modest home was good: "Yes, it was faith, you might say. I had an easier beginning to my new life in that way".

But in December 2010 M&F moved from a house of 1.200 square meters to their new home of more than 4.000 square meters. (**) And they have now settled completely:
"In the right part of the building - and uwards in the building - we have made our private section, which acts as one big apartment. That has been important to us, and it may stem from my upbringing, that we all sleep close to each other. We have our bedrooms and the children's rooms at the mezzanin floor. We have created a bubble which is ours and where we are together as a family.
We both want to give our children all we can. We for them to have a loving, caring and safe upbringing and that they are happy (i.e. really happy). We would like to be a family with a everyday life, where we are together as much as possible".

Mary very much appreciate the fact that she can move about in Copenhagen practically undisturbed.

About the renovation: "It has been an exciting project which started almost right after our wedding. The house were to be renovated from cellar to roof. Over time we worked out how we should create a new home. It has been a big mouthful, but I think it has been sucessful".

They do have a Christmas tree and all: "The Knights Hall/Great Hall is used at several official occasions but it can also be the sitting room where we celebrate Christmas. When I expected the twins I couldn't move to far away from Rigshospitalet so we put up a huge Christmas tree in the middle of the hall".
The KNights Hall is also a place Mary likes to take photos, due to the light.

A nice pic of Mary and Ziggy from BT: https://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...malienborg.jpg

And a very nice pic of Mary in her office from BB: https://app.box.com/s/gnstibop8gto9ol8kazd

(*) Frederik has in an interview told how he can sometimes feel the presence of the late Queen Ingrid at Kancellihuset and that feels good and reassuring.

(**) In comparison a fairly typical Danish family house for parents, two children and a medium sized dog is 120-180 square meters, give or take

Roskilde 12-05-2013 09:35 AM

As always, thanks Muhler.

Great pics!

I know it will never ever happen, but it could be fun to visit M+F in the private and share a good cup of coffee with them while they give a guided tour of their home :cool:
I've always been very fascinated by old buildings with a history and soul.

I read B.T. in the paper version this morning and there was more from the interview - I will translate it later...
https://epaper.infomedia.dk/teaser/BTA

IF I get home without blowing away... :hiding:

DK is currently hit by yet another very powerful storm.

polyesco 12-05-2013 06:17 PM

Hope everyone stays safe in DK.
Here in California, US it is close to freezing at least for me, in the 30s at night.

thank you for all the links and translations

camelot23ca 12-05-2013 07:48 PM

Thanks, Muhler.

It's fortunate that the living space lent itself well to being a true family home. I look at some older palaces and think it would be almost impossible to carry on with modern family life in them, at least without completely rebuilding the interiors.

Roskilde 12-09-2013 04:52 PM

B.T. has more from the interview with Mary - here is a summary from the paper version of B.T:

Mary tells that Frederik Vlll's palace serves as both a work place for the Crown Prince Couple and their secretariat, but just as mush as a family home with four young children: "The right wing of the building - and upwards have we created our private section which acts as a big apartment. That has been very important to us, and it may come from my childhood that we all sleep close to eachother. We (her and Frederik) have our bedroom and the children's bedrooms on the mezzanin floor where we have created a bubble which is ours and where we gather as a family."

She tells that her and Frederik as much as possible bring and pick up their children to and from school/kindergarten. And this is how it should be according to Mary. With a busy schedule it's important for them that they begin and "close down" the day with the children. Mary knows that she isn't like other Danish women. But she admits: "If I take the official events out, I try to live a little the same life as other women with husband and children."

We are also told that the family's first Christmas Eve (in 2011) was held in the Great Hall with a big Christmas tree right in the middle. Last year (in 2012) they held Christmas Eve in their private living room, which they find a bit more cozy. The Great Hall is mainly used for representation, but sometimes it's also place for the children to play. Here is good place to build a long racetrack or parking a pink doll pram.

On the ground floor is Mary's working room located. And according to Mary that's both good and not so good. Because the work can easily take too much time, it's so easy to take the work with her even if she decide to be done for today and goes up one floor to the private sector. The good thing is that the children always and easily can run down to her if they need her. Sometimes she lets her persuaded and leave work be work, while at other times she may use the same phrase that other moms (including myself) know all too well: "Mom, will be right there kids..."

At the end of the article we are told that there are still several large representation rooms which haven't been furnished yet. The reason isn't lack of desire or time, but because Frederik and Mary takes good time to choose the right furniture which fits into a modern palace.

IIRC, Muhler some months back posted a plan view of the mezzanin floor where the Crown Prince Family private sections is located.

I'm not the most creative person on earth, so forgive me my bad Paint pictures. But maybe it gives an idea of ​​where it is M+F's private part of the palace is located.

Showing the two officials floors, the Ground floor and the Beletage floor. The right wing of the Beletage floor do have some private rooms - the livingroom, the kitchen and the outdoor terrace:
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...75523563_n.jpg

The private Mezzanin floor from a look from the other side:
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...32491088_n.jpg

From Google Maps where the terrace with parasols can been seen and a garden with trampoline and football goals.
https://maps.google.dk/maps?q=Amalie...benhavn+K&z=19

polyesco 12-09-2013 06:06 PM

:previous:this is really cool. thank you for taking the time to do it. :flowers:

Sun Lion 12-09-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roskilde (Post 1624782)

The private Mezzanin floor from a look from the other side:
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...32491088_n.jpg

Thank you Roskilde for your posts and pics regarding CP Mary and family's Copehnhagen home.

I have a "saved" photo from somewhere on the internet - (don't know where I first found it, to be able to attach it here to show what I'm talking about, and I'm on the tablet at the moment, and am not able to post photos from here) - but where your above photo shows the garden paving stones, this arial photo I have, shows these to be in the shape of a stylized kangaroo - :lol::lol::lol:

It seems removed or overgrown by lawn in the Google Earth photo you have.

Does anyone know if that - (the garden paving shaped as a kangaroo) - was the actual case for a while, from the restoration perhaps.

(Wouldn't be suprised if some/all of it is now gone to make the area more "tumbling children" safe.)

Thanks again Roskilde. :flowers:

Would be good if the "Australain Women's Weekly" re-published this article in a future issue -I'm sure a lot of CP Mary's Oz followers would be interested.

Cheers, Sun Lion.