The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2013 - November 2013 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/queen-m-ximas-daytime-fashion-part-2-july-2013-november-2013-a-35368.html)

iceflower 07-02-2013 01:10 AM

Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2013 - November 2013

Welcome to part 2 of Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion!

The previous thread can be found here:

** Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 1: April 2013 - June 2013 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

redtulip 07-02-2013 07:47 PM

Honestly, Maxima is one of my favourites, and I really enjoy her style! The turbans I may not be too keen on, but they hide the straggly hair she used to have hanging on her shoulders, so I'm all in favour of more turbans to come!

Baroness of Books 07-02-2013 08:36 PM

I really don't mind Max's turbans since she styles her hair so nicely in front. And if it disguises a bad hair day, I'd rather see a turban than straggly, unkempt hair. As long as she doesn't wear beige that blends in too much with her hair, I don't mind seeing her mixing up her headgear.

iceflower 07-05-2013 05:53 AM

A colourful Queen Máxima opened the Máximapark in Utrecht today, July 5th - at first I've thought it was too much, but the more I looked at the outfit the more I liked it - it's a summer fun look:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

dazzling 07-05-2013 06:01 AM

Im very undecided about the dress. She looks good in it though. Its a nice summer look and its colorful.

4Pam 07-05-2013 08:21 AM

I like the dress, not sure about the hat.

dbarn67 07-05-2013 08:43 AM

Awful dress, she looks silly.

GraceKellyFan 07-05-2013 09:13 AM

Awful, looks like something from a circus act. IMO this woman has no sense of style or propriety. I'm looking forward to Queen Mathilde - a true aristocratic lady , she will leave all the other commoner wannabees in the shade !!

AdmirerUS 07-05-2013 09:29 AM

Did no one warn her she was going to ride a bike? That photo of her trying to ride with her knees together is awful.

Rainbow Max! I give her credit for wearing what she wants to wear and really enjoying it. It is a source of her beauty.

And I love those earrings, even if they are a bit dated. I think classic shapes always look good.

suztav 07-05-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbarn67 (Post 1571698)
Awful dress, she looks silly.

Awful dress and awful hat. She needs to have a work with her staff -- someone should have told her that a bicycle ride was involved and she could have worn pants. Oops! :whistling:

cepe 07-05-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GraceKellyFan (Post 1571710)
Awful, looks like something from a circus act. IMO this woman has no sense of style or propriety. I'm looking forward to Queen Mathilde - a true aristocratic lady , she will leave all the other commoner wannabees in the shade !!

Propriety? There is nothing wrong with wearing a dress and riding a bike. This is a usual sight in the Netherlands. i can understand that some people might think it is not a good idea, but a personal attack on Maxima is over reacting IMO.

i dont like the different colours on the dress, although I like the style of it.

she has, IMO, lost the plot on her hats :sad:

princess gertrude 07-05-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GraceKellyFan (Post 1571710)

Um, just a reminder that Mathilde and Maxima wear A LOT from the same fashion house (Natan).
These two women have very different personalities and therefore express themselves differently through their clothes, neither is better than the other and they will both be Queens of their respective countries.

Baroness of Books 07-05-2013 10:08 AM

Nope, this look is just too bizarre for me with that hat and color blocks. And I have no objection against ladies wearing dresses and riding bikes as long as the skirt is loose and flowing enough to fall below the knees to prevent peek-a-boo with your undergarments while cycling. Perhaps Maxima should have considered that style if she was expected to ride a bicycle.

Back to the drawing board, Maxima!

IloveCP 07-05-2013 10:09 AM

I think the outfit is horrible! Just too much.

Frelinghighness 07-05-2013 11:23 AM

Too hard to ride a bike with that dress on andworrying about somebody taking a compromising photo.
Your clothes should make you feel confident, this was a mistake on somebody's part.
Don't like the earrings.

udyusa 07-05-2013 11:34 AM

This whole look looks just plain silly, imho. It appears that she ran out of colors when it came to her accessories! Not even her pretty smile can make up for that ridiculous hat. Sorry Queen Max, but you blew it big time.

Prinsessan 07-05-2013 02:04 PM

I think the dress looks summerly and fun. I just don't like the hat, and is she holding gloves in the second picture? :huh:

GraceKellyFan 07-05-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess gertrude (Post 1571726)
Um, just a reminder that Mathilde and Maxima wear A LOT from the same fashion house (Natan).
These two women have very different personalities and therefore express themselves differently through their clothes, neither is better than the other and they will both be Queens of their respective countries.

If you read it again, you will see that I did not say she was BETTER. I said she was ARISTOCRATIC, which she is and IMO a more fitting Queen.
And yes, while they may both wear the same house at times, I do not think Mathilde would appear in something as hideous as this. IMO.

ashelen 07-05-2013 03:43 PM

I think the dress is ill fitted but I must say it is very maxima, colourfull and fun, I like that hat but may be not with this dress, but like always shoes, hat, handbag and gloves all matching! wow how she does that???? even the gloves!!!! I know you can buy matching gloves in Denmark, I saw in the main walking street the store that make the gloves for the Queen and I guess for Mary too, what about the Netherlands? here in the US I never saw one!

cepe 07-05-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GraceKellyFan (Post 1571818)
If you read it again, you will see that I did not say she was BETTER. I said she was ARISTOCRATIC, which she is and IMO a more fitting Queen.
And yes, while they may both wear the same house at times, I do not think Mathilde would appear in something as hideous as this. IMO.

This is a fashion thread. If you want to discuss that aristocrats make better queen consorts than commoners, start the discussion on a new thread.

I said earlier that I liked the style, but I must admit the fun colours are growing on me. but I still hate the hat.

Marengo 07-05-2013 04:50 PM

She should keep the dress for her holidays in Greece IMO, but not for an official event.

Al_bina 07-05-2013 06:13 PM

Queen Maxima looks awkward. The crumpled dress and an odd hat made her appear sloppy.

redtulip 07-05-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashelen (Post 1571853)
I think the dress is ill fitted but I must say it is very maxima, colourfull and fun, I like that hat but may be not with this dress, but like always shoes, hat, handbag and gloves all matching! wow hoe she does that! even the gloves!!!!

This is how I see it too! Don't like the dress much, especially the colour combination, but it's very Maxima!

Daria_S 07-05-2013 11:18 PM

Oh, no. This is not a good look. Too much is going on with that dress.

bertie5252003 07-06-2013 02:22 AM

The hat is a joke isn't it ??? and the dress it doesn't fit her properly the shoes a nightmare ... and she was just doing so well.... and now this.

carlota 07-07-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1571665)

A colourful Queen Máxima opened the Máximapark in Utrecht today, July 5th - at first I've thought it was too much, but the more I looked at the outfit the more I liked it - it's a summer fun look:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

I love this outfit very much! So young and refreshing. I hope we see more of this on maxima. I think at times she looks older than her age but this is a perfect summer look!

vee 07-08-2013 12:56 AM

Max . . . .

Ohhhhhh MAX!

BOY, DID YOU TANK ON THIS ONE!

EVERYTHING bombed!

And to ADD insult to injury, you ACTUALLY got your fanny on a BICYCLE in this get-up?

May God help us all (but ESPECIALLY YOU!).

Perhaps a bit of Turban Therapy might be helpful, right about now!

Bine221 07-08-2013 03:21 AM

Ok, ok, I looked at the Dress and really tried to like it..... but I DON´T.

Even given the fact, that it is summer, even given the fact that she is opening a garden. It is too colourful, too bland, too stripey, too bad for the figure, too bad for cycling, simply toooo ugly. Maxxx, you know, I am a fan from you, but: sorry this time.
Bye Bine

rubies 07-08-2013 07:17 AM

The colors are badly combined on this dress. I don't know if Maxima could have saved it anyway or how. I think she tried to play the golden tone up but lets face it. Its a dress to wear with sandals to dinner on holiday. I hoped she didn't pay much for it!

princess carmen 07-08-2013 09:08 AM

I can't with this dress it is just ugly and the hat doesn't help.

iceflower 07-09-2013 02:45 AM

Queen Máxima yesterday, July 8, during a visit to the Jewish community in Amsterdam, wearing a recycled Natan coat and a recyled hat:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** September 2011 ** November 2011 **

Today, July 9, for a visit in Leiden Máxima has recycled her lovely Natan dress with stripes (Mathilde owns it as well):

** Full view ** Close up ** November 2011 **

HereditaryPrincess 07-09-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1573066)

Queen Máxima yesterday, July 8, during a visit to the Jewish community in Amsterdam, wearing a recycled Natan coat and a recyled hat:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** September 2011 ** November 2011 **

Today, July 9, for a visit in Leiden Máxima has recycled her lovely Natan dress with stripes (Mathilde owns it as well):

** Full view ** Close up ** November 2011 **

Regarding Maxima's outfit she wore during her visit to the Jewish community: Her hat is nice and I like her shoes. Her coat is OK, but I'm not as keen.

Regarding her outfit she wore during her visit to Leiden: I really like the dress, the colours go will with each other. Her bag and shoes are also nice. The only thing I'm not too keen on is her hairstyle.

bertie5252003 07-09-2013 01:22 PM

Love the stripes on her very flattering IMO love the silvery hat but the earrings and the shiny coat are blinding good heavens IMO....

Daria_S 07-09-2013 06:09 PM

I like the style of the coat, but not the material it's made out of. The dress is a bit too busy for my taste.

vee 07-09-2013 06:37 PM

I've got my nitpicks with BOTH of her latest outfits/looks (i.e., shiny coat fabric, hair loose with the striped dress, etc.).

HOWEVER . . .

I will GLADLY and cheerfully take BOTH these latest looks in their entirety OVER her ill-advised, head-to-toe Maximapark get-up.

redtulip 07-09-2013 07:01 PM

She looks lovely in the stripy dress! Very nice and fresh. - I'm no fan of her ankle strap shoes, and she wears ankle straps very often. I think she would do better without them!

casualfan 07-09-2013 07:01 PM

I don't think we can fault her EVERY time she wears her hair down. It's probably very fine and wispy, but it was very tame in the second set of photos.

Also, i think the shiny-ness of the coat is probably due to the flashes inside a dim interior of the synagogue. Not a big deal, in my opinion.

udyusa 07-10-2013 03:30 PM

I like the striped dress on her. It's colorful and summery looking. Her wedge espadrilles add a nice touch.

iceflower 07-10-2013 03:40 PM

Queen Máxima during her visit to Queen Elizabeth at Windsor castle today, July 10, looking great in a new red sleeveless dress by Natan.

** Full view **

IloveCP 07-10-2013 03:42 PM

Love the red dress!

4Pam 07-10-2013 03:47 PM

Love, love the red dress!

MagMil 07-10-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1573582)

Queen Máxima during her visit to Queen Elizabeth at Windsor castle today, July 10, looking great in a new red sleeveless dress by Natan.

** Full view **

:previous:
She looks fabulous :flowers:

Jacknch 07-10-2013 04:22 PM

She looks as beautiful and lovely as ever. It's a simple dress but made from a vibrant, luxurious material! King WA looks great too!

carlota 07-10-2013 04:36 PM

Wow lovely Orange dress for máxima when meeting QE!! Nicely done!

Daria_S 07-10-2013 05:46 PM

Great look for Maxima. The color and style are very flattering on her.

Lindy 07-10-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

** Full view **

The fabric for this dress reminds me of the fabric used for the blue dresses that Amalia, Alexia and Ariane wore to King Willem-Alexander's innauguration. I think those were by Natan, also.

Frelinghighness 07-10-2013 09:31 PM

She looks very nice, like the fabric and the color, but the Natan cut, with the pleats at the hip, are not my favorite.

gerry 07-10-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frelinghighness (Post 1573667)
She looks very nice, like the fabric and the color, but the Natan cut, with the pleats at the hip, are not my favorite.

I like how Queen Maxima is referencing the Duchess of Cambridge by wearing the famous nude shoes!:flowers:

redtulip 07-10-2013 10:38 PM

I believe Maxima chose the shoes because she decided to wear them that day, with no reference to anyone else!

casualfan 07-10-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frelinghighness (Post 1573667)

I don't think this is a "Natan cut," it's just trying to create a cinched silhouette that emphasizes the natural waist. Since the length of the dress is long enough, it balances out, IMO.

vee 07-11-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casualfan (Post 1573289)
I don't think we can fault her EVERY time she wears her hair down. It's probably very fine and wispy, but it was very tame in the second set of photos.

Also, i think the shiny-ness of the coat is probably due to the flashes inside a dim interior of the synagogue. Not a big deal, in my opinion.

Nah, I don't think "we" fault Max EVERY time she wears her hair down. But I DO agree that her hair DOES seem very fine and wispy.

For example:

Netherlands | Royal Hats

Scroll down to the post "Queen Maxima Opens Utrecht Park". Check out the pics, particularly #7, which is a rear-view shot.

I'd tend to think that those pics (#7, especially!) present a GOOD case for Max' hair being on the fine, wispy side.

So, just as a thought, if I were Max, I think I'd have a tendency to wear my hair up more, or perhaps under hats (and turbans!) more. I'd probably most likely be rocking hairpieces a bit, too, to try to give my natural hair as much of a rest as possible. ESPECIALLY seeing as how I'd be traveling all over the Devil's half acre right now, and that fine, wispy hair would undoubtedly be taking one heck of a beating (as I've mentioned elsewhere on this board, already).

My thought is that hair is and can be considered a part of a total fashion look. And like, with shoes, jewelry, hem lengths, etc., sometimes, you can get a PART of a total look right, but completely miss the mark on one or more other aspect(s) of it.

It's GREAT when EVERYTHING works, but, again, sometimes, it doesn't. And when that happens, more often than not, whatever it is that ISN'T working stands out and usually gets commented on more quickly and/or frequently than everything else that IS.

And since we're all here to share our comments and opinions on pictures we see of people in the public eye that are posted here and elsewhere, we do.

We just look, share our thoughts and comments, and have fun, knowing as we do that no, NONE of this is a big deal.

The shiny coat fabric?

You've got a point, possibly. Maybe it WAS the low-key synagogue lighting that made it appear shiny.

Still didn't care for the shiny look of the fabric, though. No matter HOW it came about.

As for Max' UK outfit?

LOVED IT!

I thought she looked SO pretty, and I especially liked the red nails!

WTG, Maxima!

dazzling 07-11-2013 02:25 AM

Quote:

** Full view **

The dress isn't bad at all, I actually like the color. The only downside is that she could be dressed it up with a matching jacket instead of the beige cardigan she had hanging on her shoulders while she arrived (in the video you can see that). I find cardigans on such visits inappropriate.

bertie5252003 07-11-2013 03:27 AM

Love the orange dress she looks lovely hair up nice bag ... love it all..

udyusa 07-11-2013 11:15 AM

I think she looks splendid! Lovely hair, beautiful jewelry, and accessories. Two thumbs up!

HereditaryPrincess 07-11-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

** Full view **

I think Maxima looked lovely during yesterday's visit to HM. The colour of her dress is nice and summery. Her shoes go well with her dress and I also like her brooch and bracelet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindy (Post 1573638)
The fabric for this dress reminds me of the fabric used for the blue dresses that Amalia, Alexia and Ariane wore to King Willem-Alexander's innauguration. I think those were by Natan, also.

I have just looked at a photo of the Three Princesses' outfits at the inauguration and I think the pattern/fabric of Maxima's dress is very similar to their blue dresses as well. It could be the same. Here is a comparison:

Maxima (photo from iceflower's post)
The Three Princesses (photo from Yahoo)
The pattern of Crown Princess Mathilde's white dress also looks similar to Maxima's (photo from PPE Agency)

Frelinghighness 07-11-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casualfan (Post 1573703)
I don't think this is a "Natan cut," it's just trying to create a cinched silhouette that emphasizes the natural waist. Since the length of the dress is long enough, it balances out, IMO.

So many Natan dresses have either one or two inverted pleats right at each hip bone, like the multicolored striped one she just wore (and that Mathilde wears). To me, he uses that so often in his sheath dresses, I think of it as his cut. :flowers:

casualfan 07-11-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frelinghighness (Post 1573976)
So many Natan dresses have either one or two inverted pleats right at each hip bone, like the multicolored striped one she just wore (and that Mathilde wears). To me, he uses that so often in his sheath dresses, I think of it as his cut. :flowers:

I see! But I think it's a pretty classic cut and pleating job.

rubies 07-12-2013 06:21 AM

Really pretty dress. Would love a closer look at that brooch. Is it the citrine without the dangly attachments? She has picked some wonderful dresses for her new Queenage.

ashelen 07-12-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess (Post 1573885)
I think Maxima looked lovely during yesterday's visit to HM. The colour of her dress is nice and summery. Her shoes go well with her dress and I also like her brooch and bracelet.

I have just looked at a photo of the Three Princesses' outfits at the inauguration and I think the pattern/fabric of Maxima's dress is very similar to their blue dresses as well. It could be the same. Here is a comparison:

Maxima (photo from iceflower's post)
The Three Princesses (photo from Yahoo)

and may be we should to add Mathilde dress, isn't the same fabric but in white ? even the same dress as the red?????

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

gerry 07-13-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashelen (Post 1574391)
and may be we should to add Mathilde dress, isn't the same fabric but in white ? even the same dress as the red?????

yes indeed, I had written this on the Mathilde thread that Natan is doing very well with the Dutch and Belgian royals. Who knew that the Benelux would be not only a customs union but also a fashion union!:flowers:
:whistling:

udyusa 07-13-2013 12:09 PM

Yes indeed, they look the same to me! However, I much prefer the red version.. Time to stop dressing the same, Queen Maxima and CP Mathilde.

HereditaryPrincess 07-13-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashelen (Post 1574391)

I'll add Mathilde's dress in, it looks like her dress has the same pattern/fabric as Maxima's. I read on the "Royal ladies and their similar and or same style" thread that their dresses are the same except Maxima's is red and Mathilde's is white. :smile:

LadyMarisa 07-13-2013 04:29 PM

The dresses are the same, both by Natan, just in different colors. They tend to 'share' clothes a lot, usually owning the outfits in different colors.

ashelen 07-14-2013 01:04 AM

I guess Hola magazine is reading our posts:
El vestido que causa furor entre las princesas

https://translate.google.com/translat...la.com&act=url

stephanievl 07-19-2013 10:44 AM

Maxima today, wearing a beige dress from Natan

iceflower 07-19-2013 10:46 AM

Here's a bigger pic of her outfit today - I like it, not too elegant and not too casual for such a photo session:

** Full view **

Daria_S 07-19-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1576760)

Here's a bigger pic of her outfit today - I like it, not too elegant and not too casual for such a photo session:

** Full view **

This is nice look. It's appropriate for a photo shoot, and being on holiday.

udyusa 07-19-2013 04:23 PM

My feelings exactly, Daria! I like the colors...

Frelinghighness 07-19-2013 07:59 PM

Great look, just don't like the big medallion hanging off the necklace.

ashelen 07-20-2013 12:49 AM

dress ok, necklace awfull! in general she looks nice! nice shoes too!

dazzling 07-20-2013 04:45 AM

Her overall look is lovely so is the dress. I liked her necklace but I thought the end part was just a bit too much. Great summer look!

vee 07-20-2013 09:32 PM

A- for Max this go-round.

Yep, I thought the medallion/pendant was a wee tad bit big (ESPECIALLY since it was hanging at her waist/tummy like it was!).

Otherwise, GOOD!

Baroness of Books 07-20-2013 09:59 PM

Wow, that pendant hanging off that necklace looks like a doorbell pull! My neck just aches looking at it; otherwise, her outfit is very nice.

redtulip 07-20-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frelinghighness (Post 1576992)
Great look, just don't like the big medallion hanging off the necklace.

My thoughts exactly! - It's also nice to have that narrow pink border on her dress, to catch up the colours from the girls' dresses. - Very nice photo!

HereditaryPrincess 07-21-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower

** Full view **

I think Maxima looked nice during the photo shoot. I like the red at the bottom of her coat. The only thing I'm not a fan of is her necklace.

bertie5252003 07-21-2013 01:47 PM

The huge wt around her neck really spoils a lovely dress great colour and love the orange trim.

NoorMeansLight 07-23-2013 09:05 AM

I like the beige safari-like dress on Maxima! The entire picture of the family is quite lovely!

Duke of Marmalade 07-23-2013 10:42 AM

Where does she get this kind of 'jewellery'? You could crush a person's skull with what is hanging for that chain!

Marengo 07-23-2013 10:55 AM

Marie-Charlotte Vermeulen (niece of Edouard) designs the jewels for Natan,so my guess is that she is responsible for most of them. Other than that... perhaps the three princesses may glue a few of them together on a rainy day.

Duke of Marmalade 07-23-2013 01:18 PM

Thanks, I didnt know it was Natan! I could have guessed so though:whistling:

iceflower 09-02-2013 10:17 AM

Queen Máxima at the Wageningen University today, September 2nd, wearing the red dress again she wore during her visit to Queen Elizabeth at Windsor castle on July 10. I like it better without the hat.

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** July 2013 **

Marengo 09-02-2013 11:04 AM

It looked much better without this hat IMHO.

udyusa 09-02-2013 11:24 AM

Not liking the hat at all. I also dislike her earrings and that huge cuff bracelet. Maxima looked so much better when she kept the look simpler, imho.

Bine221 09-02-2013 11:29 AM

okok, it seems I am the only one, who likes it......
Great colour, great style, fits together in a really lovely way.

And: I remember Queen Elisabeth´II, who said: wear colour, colour, colour, that everybody can see you. Maxima is showing a very good example of it!!

BYe Bine

dazzling 09-02-2013 11:58 AM

Its a dress that doesn't look good with a hat IMO but somehow she looks nice.

Daria_S 09-02-2013 12:47 PM

I prefer the dress without the hat.

IloveCP 09-02-2013 12:51 PM

Great dress but I dislike the hat.

ashelen 09-02-2013 03:47 PM

I Like it, it is the same fabric as the girls dresses in the coronation! just different colour, I do not like the hat so much but it is the same colour as the dress and does not look bad I rather this hat that all this turbants she has!

stephanievl 09-02-2013 04:00 PM

Mathilde has the same dress in another colour.
I think she looks nice, except for the hat.

julliette 09-02-2013 07:49 PM

I join the team of those who liked it better without the hat

muriel 09-03-2013 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1594929)

Queen Máxima at the Wageningen University today, September 2nd, wearing the red dress again she wore during her visit to Queen Elizabeth at Windsor castle on July 10. I like it better without the hat.

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** July 2013 **

I am a little surprised to see Maxima in a red dress so soon after Friso's death. I know everybody has to move on, but I would have thought she may have worn more subdued colours for some time.

iceflower 09-03-2013 07:38 AM

Queen Máxima visited the Foundation Manteling in Middelburg today, September 3rd, wearing her nice blue coloured Natan dress again:

** Pic ** September 2012 ** September 2010 **

rubies 09-03-2013 09:08 AM

Its a pretty blue dress but one she always seems to wear sloppily. It could really be beautiful....As for her wearing bright colors after someone died, do people still wear somber colors in remembrance?

Bine221 09-03-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1595341)

Queen Máxima visited the Foundation Manteling in Middelburg today, September 3rd, wearing her nice blue coloured Natan dress again:

** Pic ** September 2012 ** September 2010 **

Seems to be a September ONLY dress :rofl:
BYe Bine

lucien 09-03-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubies (Post 1595371)
Its a pretty blue dress but one she always seems to wear sloppily. It could really be beautiful....As for her wearing bright colors after someone died, do people still wear somber colors in remembrance?

No,that is deemed old-fashioned here.And it won't bring back the deceased.Don't forget,the family already was in mourning for a year and a halve.Only his widow and mother will wear subdued colours for a while but then that's deemed normal.

Plus,I think we will see the Queen in all sorts of bright colours this week and the next as there's a heatwave coming our way again..The summer returns and that shows...it also shows the difference HM makes if on a official visit,or one of the projects of the Orange Fund...First is tip top representing,2nd is informal and easy all the way.:)...

dazzling 09-03-2013 12:52 PM

I dont care for the blue printed dress. It's ideal for summer and looks like a very light dress. Maxima sure pulls off prints well.

bertie5252003 09-03-2013 01:11 PM

Love the red hate the hat it looks ridiculous ... not certain about the blue it would look great at the beach but there ?? am not sure she made the correct choice I do like the shoes.

dbarn67 09-03-2013 01:19 PM

I like the orange Natan dress for its simplicity. The blue dress nice. I'm okay with the tie-dyed look.

udyusa 09-03-2013 03:18 PM

I don't care for the blue floral dress at all. It just looks sloppy. In fact, I don't care for her whole look.. awful shoes, and her hair is once again, messy.

iceflower 09-03-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bine221 (Post 1595392)
Seems to be a September ONLY dress :rofl:
BYe Bine

There's at least one statistical outlier ;) she also wore it on May 21, 2010 :smile:

** Máxima 2010 **