The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Jewels (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Queen Máxima Jewellery 30.4.2013 - (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/queen-m-xima-jewellery-30-4-2013-a-35071.html)

IloveCP 03-27-2017 04:56 PM

The jewels are amazing. She also has not been seen in this tiara in 2 years.

ANNIE_S 03-27-2017 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke of poliganc (Post 1971550)
not a great one put here it is closeup .

Stunning! How great she brought out this necklace. I hope the Stuart tiara comes next ;)

An Ard Ri 03-27-2017 06:34 PM

Queen Máxima rarely disappoints at these Gala banquets on the jewel front and tonight she has excelled in this category!

duke of poliganc 03-27-2017 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1971555)
It is the best one I have seen so far. Thank you!

a better one that you can zoom in to see the details of the necklace :flowers: .

rubies 03-27-2017 06:52 PM

This necklace.......!!!! A reminder of the vast wealth of the Dutch. Max pulls it off flawlessly...as always!!!!

Frelinghighness 03-27-2017 11:19 PM

Just love it! Are the earrings part of it or has she worn them before?

Countessmeout 03-27-2017 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frelinghighness (Post 1971625)
Just love it! Are the earrings part of it or has she worn them before?

No, the earrings are separate and she has worn before.

They are known as Queen wilhemina diamond earrings. Julians did wear them thohgh with this set, but they don't belong. We have seen on Max.

https://theduchessdiary.com/2015/06/l...ximas-jewelry/
The necklace belongs to a three piece set, the stomacher is part.

I hope maybe this is a sign we will see the Stuart tiara appear. :smile: The tiara is stunning and Max has the ability to carry off a massive that's like it. Many wouldn't. Since we see her bringing out other jewels not used by Bea, including this necklace and brooch that gies with the tiara, I hold out hope.

Marengo 03-28-2017 02:50 AM

:previous:

I don't believe Queen Wilhelmina ever wore any earrings. She found them vulgar, though some claim she did not want to attract attention to her large ear lobes.

It must indeed be a good sign... I am sure the Stuart will appear at one point. Hopefully HM's 50th birthday, but I may be too impatient. Nice that the necklace was worn first without the tiara, so we can give it our undevided attention.

Countessmeout 03-28-2017 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1971650)
:previous:

I don't believe Queen Wilhelmina ever wore any earrings. She found them vulgar, though some claim she did not want to attract attention to her large ear lobes.

It must indeed be a good sign... I am sure the Stuart will appear at one point. Hopefully HM's 50th birthday, but I may be too impatient. Nice that the necklace was worn first without the tiara, so we can give it our undevided attention.

Yes corrected myself. Juliana who wore them with the Stewart. But I have seen them referred to as Wilheminas. I read that Wilhemina recieved three sets if earrings on her wedding. One are the sapphire ones Max has worn. It's possible these are one of the other two Pairs. Don't know how accurate that is thohgh.

But we do know they don't belong to the Stewart set, and Max has worn before.

auntie 03-28-2017 05:05 AM

I mean thisin a posotive way, QMaxima is a great exmple of "if you got it, show it":lol:

Tilia C. 03-28-2017 07:53 AM

I love the combination of this grand and over-boarding necklace with the simple elegance of the diamond bandeau. And did you notice, that she is also wearing a small part of the house diamond parure's stomacher pinned to her belt?

To me, it looks like we are getting closer to finally seeing the grand Stuart tiara again. Not sure, if we will see it for the 50th birthday, maybe we'll have to wait a year or two. But it will come out again, I trust in that. :biggrin: And I think it's rather smart to re-introduce the parure slowly and piece by piece.

maria-olivia 03-28-2017 10:41 AM

I agree , the only I regret is the evening Dress with them.
Why did Queen Beatrix never wear the collar . Too heavy ??

dbarn67 03-28-2017 01:52 PM

Maxima wearing huge sapphire brooch and earrings tonight.

https://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...4bcb6c9983.jpg

https://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...aef494dc77.jpg

cdm 03-28-2017 02:28 PM

I hope that the Dutch TV will make a documentary one day about the jewelry collection like the Scandinavian royals did a few years ago. About the history and with interviews with the current wearers.

PetticoatLane 03-28-2017 03:11 PM

I'd never heard of the Stuart diamond or the tiara it lives in until I came to this site and I don't blame any of the recent Dutch ladies for not wearing it - it's actually incredibly ugly. Such a mess of a tiara for an important stone. The necklace is lovely though.

The diamond bandeau is just so disappointing - it always seems diminished by the hair it sits on. It comes across as a shiny head band. Again a rather forgettable setting for some nice diamonds. It should be turned into a necklace to really show them properly.

Maxima's jewellery choices tend to be either good or absolutely terrible so I'd say last night was one of her best outings.

rubies 03-28-2017 05:14 PM

Max pulling out some more big guns!!!! Love the sapphire bracelet!!

duke of poliganc 03-29-2017 03:25 AM

i just can't keep my eyes of the sapphire devant de corsage whenever i open a picture of the return concert i only see the sapphire devan de corsage such a masterpiece .

Duc_et_Pair 03-29-2017 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetticoatLane (Post 1971889)
I'd never heard of the Stuart diamond or the tiara it lives in until I came to this site and I don't blame any of the recent Dutch ladies for not wearing it - it's actually incredibly ugly. Such a mess of a tiara for an important stone. The necklace is lovely though.

The diamond bandeau is just so disappointing - it always seems diminished by the hair it sits on. It comes across as a shiny head band. Again a rather forgettable setting for some nice diamonds. It should be turned into a necklace to really show them properly.

Maxima's jewellery choices tend to be either good or absolutely terrible so I'd say last night was one of her best outings.

We see it in pictures, even the best diamonds can look "dead". But when you see Queen Máxima in that bandeau in real life, it is awesome. On TV we saw her arriving at the Rijksmuseum in 2013 in a low evening sun and the sparkle was just magic. All colours of the rainbow glitzing from these big and deep glimmers, but on pictures no any effect is to seen, only so now and then a camera managed to capture it: glanz und gloria

In real life, at a banquet, under those gigantic chandeliers and with those massive candelabras on the tables, these diamonds are given all chance to unfold their splendor and to dazzle onlookers.

:wub:

IloveCP 03-30-2017 10:14 AM

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Dutch Diamond Bandeau, Revisited

An amazingly regal tiara. Just beautiful.

Pranter 03-30-2017 12:04 PM

Stunning..


LaRae


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises