The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f236/)
-   -   The Princess of Orange, Princesses Alexia and Ariane, News Part 1 (May 2013-Jan 2019) (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f236/the-princess-of-orange-princesses-alexia-and-ariane-news-part-1-may-2013-jan-2019-a-35028.html)

Rebafan81 05-03-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindy (Post 1547850)
Here it is on the Royal website:

Speeches archive - Het Koninklijk Huis

THANKS!!!:flowers:

Lindy 05-03-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empress Merel (Post 1547533)
She was adorable throughout the whole day. When the griffier (?? I don't even know what he was and how you'd call it in English) mentioned in the church that she is the first Princess of Orange, she nodded the way Beatrix has always done. You could hear a collective 'aww' after that too. So cute. By that you could tell she's aware that will be her one day.

The "griffier" is Godefridus Jan "Fred" de Graaf who has been President of the Joint Sessions since June 28, 2011. Here are his remarks to which Amalia nodded:

"Your [W-A] role is hereby strengthened by the support of your wife, who stands at your side, and your three daughters, who as they get older undoubtedly will express their own insights to you. That your eldest daughter, Princess Catharina-Amalia, is the first Princess of Orange and is in our midst this morning, should not go unmentioned on this festive day."

Muhler 05-04-2013 06:40 AM

The impression I've got of Amalia at the abdication, from what I read and heard is that she is a bright, self-confident little lady.

However, what is actually known about her and her younger sister's characters and personalities?
What are your impressions of the girls now?

Who is the talkative and outgoing of them, who is quiet and shy, who is full of fun and mischief? Who are they?

USCtrojan 05-06-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1548156)
The impression I've got of Amalia at the abdication, from what I read and heard is that she is a bright, self-confident little lady.

Absolutely, agree!

Amelie 05-07-2013 08:53 AM

Judging by their outfits during the coronation ceremonies, Maxima still likes to dress them identically, or at least matching.

I feel Amalia might be getting a bit too old for it, is she 10 yet?

ashelen 05-07-2013 01:01 PM

I would have love to see the girls with each of them in the colours fothe flag, may be the same design dress, but one in red the other in blue and the other in white!

Lee-Z 05-07-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1548156)

However, what is actually known about her and her younger sister's characters and personalities?
What are your impressions of the girls now?

Who is the talkative and outgoing of them, who is quiet and shy, who is full of fun and mischief? Who are they?

To be honest, I think they are pretty much kept out of the media except for official photo sessions..
Now they are children of the monarch in the future we might see them more and start to notice differences between the three..

Grandma828 05-07-2013 10:41 PM

I doubt things will change until Amalia is 16.

kathia_sophia 06-15-2013 06:58 PM

I wonder when they will announce the summer annual photosession with their girls. Maybe they are too busy to do one this year?

Duchess Marie 06-24-2013 11:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amelie (Post 1549127)
Judging by their outfits during the coronation ceremonies, Maxima still likes to dress them identically, or at least matching.

I feel Amalia might be getting a bit too old for it, is she 10 yet?

Nope still 9, i do think that Amalia should have dressed different then her sisters. She looked like she need a more grown up look, but still she did look adorable. I just love seeing that chubby cute face of hers haha!

fairy tale 06-25-2013 01:38 PM

new pictures of the 3 girls, dressed alike ;)
Koning Willem-Alexander en Koningin Máxima met de Prinsessen Catharina-Amalia, Alexia en Ariane (Portretfoto's) - Het Koninklijk Huis
Prinses Alexia, Prinses Catharina-Amalia en Prinses Ariane (Portretfoto's) - Het Koninklijk Huis
Ariane has such a regal posture in the second picture.

from Portretfoto's - Het Koninklijk Huis

(for HQ click on "Hoge resolutie afbeelding")

Sonjapearl 06-25-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairy tale (Post 1568323)

Yeah, I like how she is sitting like a little lady. She's cute. She seems to be her own person while Amalia and Alexia are buddies.

Muhler 06-25-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairy tale (Post 1568323)

Thanks for the pics. :flowers:

Forgive my ignorance but who is the royal dog seen in the pic?

fairy tale 06-25-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1568331)
Thanks for the pics. :flowers:

Forgive my ignorance but who is the royal dog seen in the pic?

It's their dog Skipper, an English Labrador, he is with the family for years. In 2012 he was involved in an accident while duck hunting and quite injured.
Ook hond op nieuwe foto's koning - NOS Nieuws

Lumutqueen 06-25-2013 02:09 PM

No offence but do Maxima and WA know what individuality means? Their matching outfits were cute, when Catharina was 5-6.

Muhler 06-25-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairy tale (Post 1568335)
It's their dog Skipper, an English Labrador, he is with the family for years. In 2012 he was involved in an accident while duck hunting and quite injured.
Ook hond op nieuwe foto's koning - NOS Nieuws

Thanks, fairy tale. :smile:

Duchess Marie 06-25-2013 02:32 PM

They look adorable, i can honestly say that Amalia and Alexia look so much alike, i used to confuse them at times.

ashelen 06-25-2013 05:23 PM

Not ofense but isn't Amalia a little heavy-chubby?for her age?
I LOove the photos and the girls dressing the same, and the colours are beautiful!!!, shoes , everything I like in this photos1

Duchess Marie 06-25-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashelen (Post 1568449)
Not ofense but isn't Amalia a little heavy-chubby?for her age?
I LOove the photos and the girls dressing the same, and the colours are beautiful!!!, shoes , everything I like in this photos1

I'm sure that Amalia's chubbiness will go away as she gets older. I always thought that her chubby face was adorable.

Molly2101 06-25-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1568344)
No offence but do Maxima and WA know what individuality means? Their matching outfits were cute, when Catharina was 5-6.

I hate matching outfits, even on twins! They aren't ever dressed the same when it's not a public event to be fair, but I do hate the matchy matchy.