The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f236/)
-   -   The Princess of Orange, Princesses Alexia and Ariane, News Part 1 (May 2013-Jan 2019) (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f236/the-princess-of-orange-princesses-alexia-and-ariane-news-part-1-may-2013-jan-2019-a-35028.html)

Marengo 04-29-2013 10:10 AM

The Princess of Orange, Princesses Alexia and Ariane, News Part 1 (May 2013-Jan 2019)

Welcome to Part 1 of the threads dedicated
to the daughters of King Willem-Alexander & Queen Máxima:
Princess Catharina-Amalia, Princess Alexia and Princess Ariane

The previous thread can be found here.

Naggi 04-29-2013 11:16 AM

A sweet little girl soon to be a crown princess. I wonder if she is aware of the change in her life. All my best wishes to the royal couple and their girls.

kathia_sophia 04-29-2013 11:22 AM

Beautiful girls!!!
And yes, Amalia is aware, as her parents stated in the interview. She even asked daddy " how many years will he be King?", she sure wanted to know when she'll be Queen:biggrin: but her daddy said "now that you wanted to know":lol:

Jacknch 04-29-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathia_sophia (Post 1544644)
Beautiful girls!!!
And yes, Amalia is aware, as her parents stated in the interview. She even asked daddy " how many years will he be King?", she sure wanted to know when she'll be Queen:biggrin: but her daddy said "now that you wanted to know":lol:

I hadn't realised Amalia has grown so much! How similar she is to Beatrix, Juliana and Wilhelmina when they were of that age....definately a future Queen of the Netherlands!!

vkrish 04-29-2013 12:11 PM

Definitely like Beatrix. And no..thank God she is not clumsy and awkward like Juliana..
By the way, wont the other daughters be styled "The Princess xxxx.."?
Like British? Ok..Maybe since the original styling is in Dutch, the "The.." is not that significant in continental royals..

PrincessofEurope 04-30-2013 12:36 PM

I was thinking what would have been nice but i imagine difficult to organise - would have been a picture of the young generation of second in line to thrones before Amalia became the heir.

It would have made a nice picture to have Amalia, Christian, Ingrid, Estelle, Leonor and Elizabeth in one picture together as the heirs to the current heirs

GracieGiraffe 04-30-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope (Post 1546330)
I was thinking what would have been nice but i imagine difficult to organise - would have been a picture of the young generation of second in line to thrones before Amalia became the heir.

It would have made a nice picture to have Amalia, Christian, Ingrid, Estelle, Leonor and Elizabeth in one picture together as the heirs to the current heirs

You can still have the photo on the premise they will all reign around the same time. It would be a wonderful photo.

GracieGiraffe 04-30-2013 12:44 PM

P.S. How odd that little Amalia and the Prince of Wales now have something in common! :whistling:

4Pam 04-30-2013 11:08 PM

^ Yes, very interesting. It'd be an interesting conversation between the two of them should there be an opportunity.

lucien 05-01-2013 04:07 AM

TM and the girls,Princess Beatrix and other members of the RF and foreign Royals stayed at the Palace overnight where a brunch hosted by TM will conclude the briljant festivities today.:smile:

MagMil 05-01-2013 03:16 PM

She is the youngest 'crown princess' of the world.
Amalia zet wereldrecord - RTL Boulevard

Lindy 05-02-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathia_sophia (Post 1544644)
Beautiful girls!!!

Maxima shared that "Amalia realizes very well whose turn it is." When Willem-Alexander told Amalia that he would become King, her first question to him was, "How long will you do it?" His response to her was "Wouldn't you like to know!"

Empress Merel 05-02-2013 01:17 PM

She was adorable throughout the whole day. When the griffier (?? I don't even know what he was and how you'd call it in English) mentioned in the church that she is the first Princess of Orange, she nodded the way Beatrix has always done. You could hear a collective 'aww' after that too. So cute. By that you could tell she's aware that will be her one day.

SLV 05-02-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empress Merel (Post 1547533)
She was adorable throughout the whole day. When the griffier (?? I don't even know what he was and how you'd call it in English) mentioned in the church that she is the first Princess of Orange, she nodded the way Beatrix has always done. You could hear a collective 'aww' after that too. So cute. By that you could tell she's aware that will be her one day.

That nod was perfect. And indeed exactly her grandmother. :-D

MarNoe 05-02-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Does anyone have a video clip of this. I was unable to watch and would love to see this.

NGalitzine 05-02-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarNoe (Post 1547651)
Does anyone have a video clip of this. I was unable to watch and would love to see this.

Its all on YouTube "Inhuldiging Willem Alexander"

Empress Merel 05-03-2013 05:48 AM

Inhuldiging Willem-Alexander - Deel 2 - Inhuldigingsceremonie - YouTube

Starts at 2:16:55

MarNoe 05-03-2013 09:59 AM

Thank you Empress Merel

Rebafan81 05-03-2013 09:59 AM

Thank you Empress Merel for posting the You Tube link, I had missed Amalia nodding, it was just like her grandmother. I still love to watch this video!!
Does anyone know if Willem Alexander speech was translated to English? I would love to know what he said other then the few words of Dutch I have picked up from watching so much Dutch tv.

Lindy 05-03-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebafan81 (Post 1547849)
Does anyone know if Willem Alexander speech was translated to English? I would love to know what he said other then the few words of Dutch I have picked up from watching so much Dutch tv.

Here it is on the Royal website:

Speeches archive - Het Koninklijk Huis

Rebafan81 05-03-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindy (Post 1547850)
Here it is on the Royal website:

Speeches archive - Het Koninklijk Huis

THANKS!!!:flowers:

Lindy 05-03-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

The "griffier" is Godefridus Jan "Fred" de Graaf who has been President of the Joint Sessions since June 28, 2011. Here are his remarks to which Amalia nodded:

"Your [W-A] role is hereby strengthened by the support of your wife, who stands at your side, and your three daughters, who as they get older undoubtedly will express their own insights to you. That your eldest daughter, Princess Catharina-Amalia, is the first Princess of Orange and is in our midst this morning, should not go unmentioned on this festive day."

Muhler 05-04-2013 06:40 AM

The impression I've got of Amalia at the abdication, from what I read and heard is that she is a bright, self-confident little lady.

However, what is actually known about her and her younger sister's characters and personalities?
What are your impressions of the girls now?

Who is the talkative and outgoing of them, who is quiet and shy, who is full of fun and mischief? Who are they?

USCtrojan 05-06-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1548156)
The impression I've got of Amalia at the abdication, from what I read and heard is that she is a bright, self-confident little lady.

Absolutely, agree!

Amelie 05-07-2013 08:53 AM

Judging by their outfits during the coronation ceremonies, Maxima still likes to dress them identically, or at least matching.

I feel Amalia might be getting a bit too old for it, is she 10 yet?

ashelen 05-07-2013 01:01 PM

I would have love to see the girls with each of them in the colours fothe flag, may be the same design dress, but one in red the other in blue and the other in white!

Lee-Z 05-07-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1548156)

However, what is actually known about her and her younger sister's characters and personalities?
What are your impressions of the girls now?

Who is the talkative and outgoing of them, who is quiet and shy, who is full of fun and mischief? Who are they?

To be honest, I think they are pretty much kept out of the media except for official photo sessions..
Now they are children of the monarch in the future we might see them more and start to notice differences between the three..

Grandma828 05-07-2013 10:41 PM

I doubt things will change until Amalia is 16.

kathia_sophia 06-15-2013 06:58 PM

I wonder when they will announce the summer annual photosession with their girls. Maybe they are too busy to do one this year?

Duchess Marie 06-24-2013 11:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amelie (Post 1549127)
Judging by their outfits during the coronation ceremonies, Maxima still likes to dress them identically, or at least matching.

I feel Amalia might be getting a bit too old for it, is she 10 yet?

Nope still 9, i do think that Amalia should have dressed different then her sisters. She looked like she need a more grown up look, but still she did look adorable. I just love seeing that chubby cute face of hers haha!

fairy tale 06-25-2013 01:38 PM

new pictures of the 3 girls, dressed alike ;)
Koning Willem-Alexander en Koningin Máxima met de Prinsessen Catharina-Amalia, Alexia en Ariane (Portretfoto's) - Het Koninklijk Huis
Prinses Alexia, Prinses Catharina-Amalia en Prinses Ariane (Portretfoto's) - Het Koninklijk Huis
Ariane has such a regal posture in the second picture.

from Portretfoto's - Het Koninklijk Huis

(for HQ click on "Hoge resolutie afbeelding")

Sonjapearl 06-25-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairy tale (Post 1568323)

Yeah, I like how she is sitting like a little lady. She's cute. She seems to be her own person while Amalia and Alexia are buddies.

Muhler 06-25-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairy tale (Post 1568323)

Thanks for the pics. :flowers:

Forgive my ignorance but who is the royal dog seen in the pic?

fairy tale 06-25-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1568331)
Thanks for the pics. :flowers:

Forgive my ignorance but who is the royal dog seen in the pic?

It's their dog Skipper, an English Labrador, he is with the family for years. In 2012 he was involved in an accident while duck hunting and quite injured.
Ook hond op nieuwe foto's koning - NOS Nieuws

Lumutqueen 06-25-2013 02:09 PM

No offence but do Maxima and WA know what individuality means? Their matching outfits were cute, when Catharina was 5-6.

Muhler 06-25-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairy tale (Post 1568335)
It's their dog Skipper, an English Labrador, he is with the family for years. In 2012 he was involved in an accident while duck hunting and quite injured.
Ook hond op nieuwe foto's koning - NOS Nieuws

Thanks, fairy tale. :smile:

Duchess Marie 06-25-2013 02:32 PM

They look adorable, i can honestly say that Amalia and Alexia look so much alike, i used to confuse them at times.

ashelen 06-25-2013 05:23 PM

Not ofense but isn't Amalia a little heavy-chubby?for her age?
I LOove the photos and the girls dressing the same, and the colours are beautiful!!!, shoes , everything I like in this photos1

Duchess Marie 06-25-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashelen (Post 1568449)
I LOove the photos and the girls dressing the same, and the colours are beautiful!!!, shoes , everything I like in this photos1

I'm sure that Amalia's chubbiness will go away as she gets older. I always thought that her chubby face was adorable.

Molly2101 06-25-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1568344)
No offence but do Maxima and WA know what individuality means? Their matching outfits were cute, when Catharina was 5-6.

I hate matching outfits, even on twins! They aren't ever dressed the same when it's not a public event to be fair, but I do hate the matchy matchy.

Carminha Stalker 06-25-2013 05:34 PM

I think they do dress them alike for formal occasions. It´s a question of balance for the photos. In other occasions they are not dressed alike. I think they looked lovely in their matching dresses. It´s an usual custum in royal families.

Archduchess Zelia 06-25-2013 05:45 PM

Good grief, the girls are way too old to be dressed alike. They're all adorable though.

Quote:

I doubt it's anything else than puppy fat or merely her being strong built. I can, however, safely say that hearing unnecessary comments like that from such an early age do nothing good for your self-esteem.

DaughterofFrance 06-30-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Like what Duchess Marie said, I am sure it will go away as she gets older. Also, I hope Amalia won't go though what Crown Princess Victoria went through when it came to weight issues and criticism from the media. We all know how that went for her. I also hope other female royal children won't go through that as well.

gerry 06-30-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaughterofFrance (Post 1569900)
Like what Duchess Marie said, I am sure it will go away as she gets older. Also, I hope Amalia won't go though what Crown Princess Victoria went through when it came to weight issues and criticism from the media. We all know how that went for her. I also hope other female royal children won't go through that as well.

Like father like daughter, both have a similar build. Despite his size the king is very athletic and trains whenever his schedule allows; princess Amalia will follow his example, so no more talk of chubbiness please:flowers::cool::bang:

biru 07-01-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe (Post 1546337)
P.S. How odd that little Amalia and the Prince of Wales now have something in common! :whistling:

I find it's really interesting that Amalia has the same title with prince Charles : now they both are crown prince/princess :smile::smile:. I love Amalia, she's one of my fave royal children

Quote:

I'm sure that Amalia's chubbiness will go away as she gets older. I always thought that her chubby face was adorable.
IMO I think her chubbiness makes her looks more adorable :flowers::flowers:

Daria_S 07-01-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

She's not even ten, and the criticism of her figure is already in progress :bang:. Not everyone can be stick-thin, and that's that. I hope Amalia knows that she's a beautiful girl, just the way she is. There's no need to give her self-esteem issues.

principessa 07-01-2013 02:56 PM

I love the look of the A-princesses!

MarNoe 07-01-2013 03:42 PM

I've heard it said over the years, and found it to be fairly accurate - if you want to know what a girl will look like when she becomes a woman, look at her mother. From personal experience I find this is true 9 out of 10 times. So Amalia has nothing to worry about!

kathia_sophia 12-07-2013 12:06 PM

Amalia turned 10 years old today, are there any new pictures? They did release some when she turned 5 years old.

amaryllus 12-07-2013 12:16 PM

Double post....

amaryllus 12-07-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

So Amalia has nothing to worry about!
Except inheriting a love for loud colors and clashing patterns:tongue:

HereditaryPrincess 12-08-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathia_sophia (Post 1624204)
Amalia turned 10 years old today, are there any new pictures? They did release some when she turned 5 years old.

As far as I'm aware, there haven't been any. :flowers: I've checked the Royal Court's official website and this is the only article I could find on Amalia's birthday:

Verjaardag van de Prinses van Oranje - Het Koninklijk Huis

The Dutch Royals tend to release photos on a fairly regular basis, and Amalia is the heiress apparent, so I'm surprised that none have been released. 10 is quite a "big" birthday as well (the first year Amalia will have two digits in her age). I was expecting at least one or two.

dazzling 12-08-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess (Post 1624418)
As far as I'm aware, there haven't been any. :flowers: I've checked the Royal Court's official website and this is the only article I could find on Amalia's birthday:

Verjaardag van de Prinses van Oranje - Het Koninklijk Huis

The Dutch Royals tend to release photos on a fairly regular basis, and Amalia is the heiress apparent, so I'm surprised that none have been released. 10 is quite a "big" birthday as well (the first year Amalia will have two digits in her age). I was expecting at least one or two.

They might release a picture during the week. I tend to find that royal houses don't update their websites during the weekend. Yes 10 is a big number and it would be a shame if there was no picture released.

Lee-Z 12-08-2013 11:51 AM

I wouldn't put my money on a new set of photos, the birthday was already celebrated last friday with a special concert at which 50 kids from her school also attended and other than that the birthday celebrations are private..
Apart from the official photo-ops of the entire family the King and Queen are very protective of their kids with regards to the media... (a lot of my not-so-royal-minded friends and colleagues would have a hard time telling the 3A's apart ;) )

Muhler 06-26-2014 11:55 AM

On the occasion of Alexia turning nine, here is a gallery of Alexia, from Royalista: Happy Birthday Princess Alexia | Royalista

What do we know about the girls?
What's their personalities?
Who's the bubbly one? Who's the shy one? Who's the sensible one? Who's the showgirl? You know.

Lee-Z 06-30-2014 12:12 PM

RVD wint rechtszaak tegen Nieuwe Revu om foto's Amalia | nu.nl/algemeen | Het laatste nieuws het eerst op nu.nl
Courtcase of Netherlands Government Information Service (RVD) against magazine "Nieuwe Revu" which published photos of P.Amalia made on a non-official occassion (playing fieldhockey), has been won by the RVD.
This is in line with the mediacode in the NL to protect the privacy of the royal family.
King and Queen are said to be pleased by the result, P.Amalia was granted 1000 euro as compensation which will be given to charity.
"Nieuwe Revu" states that the mediacode is too strict, but their argument was not followed by the court.

Also today was announced that the next official photo-event of the familiy will be quite soon https://weblogs.nos.nl/evenementen/20...gd-van-amalia/ this will be the event where media *is* allowed to make photos of the princesses

Lee-Z 06-30-2014 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1680603)
On the occasion of Alexia turning nine, here is a gallery of Alexia, from Royalista: Happy Birthday Princess Alexia | Royalista

What do we know about the girls?
What's their personalities?
Who's the bubbly one? Who's the shy one? Who's the sensible one? Who's the showgirl? You know.

Their parents have chosen to be very protective of the privacy of all three daughters.
Afaik, things like you mention above are not publicly known; only known is what is officially published on the royal website..

Duc_et_Pair 06-30-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee-Z (Post 1682219)
[...]
"Nieuwe Revu" states that the mediacode is too strict, but their argument was not followed by the court.[...]

The weekly defended the publication of the pictures with the argument "the public has the right to know everything about their future head of state". The Court of Justice swiped that argument off the table stating that also public persons have a basic human right on having a private live sphere and added that it was about a child. Furthermore the Court of Justice added that Princess Amalia has the right to feel unspied on during the exercise of her private hobby, which is playing field hockey. This is a total different circumstance than during the celebrations of King's Day.

The Court of Justice added that anyone was free to fight the Media Code but that here it was about the right on having a private life sphere versus the Freedom of Expression and the Media Code does not play a role in this: "The publication of a photo which is an unlawful infringement of the private life sphere does not become lawful by starting a discussion about the existence of a Media Code".

TLLK 06-30-2014 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amaryllus (Post 1624208)
Except inheriting a love for loud colors and clashing patterns:tongue:

:lol: Nothing can be done about that genetic tendency.

TLLK 11-15-2014 02:04 PM

Would one of our Dutch posters know if the AAA team will be greeting Sinterklass this year?

An Ard Ri 11-15-2014 02:08 PM

On St Nicholas's Day?

TLLK 11-15-2014 04:15 PM

From what I understand he actually makes an appearance at the nations' harbors in the weeks prior to his holiday.

SLV 11-15-2014 04:25 PM

He arrived today. I don't know when he arrives in The Hague, perhaps next weekend.

An Ard Ri 11-15-2014 05:16 PM

I was in Amsterdam this time last year and was told that Sinterklaas traditionally arrives in the Netherlands each year in mid-November,I think he's meant to come from Spain as per the tradition.Maybe some of our Dutch members can correct me if I'm wrong.

Marengo 11-26-2014 06:38 AM

:previous: last year they didn't attend the arrival of Sinterklaas in Wassenaar AFAIK, neither did they do it this year (they were at least not seen by the public). Ariane is at an age that she may know the truth behind it, so... Also, there has been an ongoing discussion about the helper of Sinterklaas, black Pete. Some claim that it is racist, others claim that it is not. The debate has been rather ugly the last two years so it is fortunate that the RF stays out of it.

----
On a different note, Pss Alexia appears to be a good singer. RTL Boulevards Marc van der Linden says that while the family attended an event at in Amsterdam
There was a party in Amsterdam, with among the guests Pss Beatrix and WA and family. At one point Q. Maxima took sheet music, went to the orchestra and asked them if they could play a song. WA arranged a microphone and after that Alexia went on stage. The princess said she wanted to sing a song for her godmother (Jkvr. Alexandra Jankovich de Jeszenice), as she lived in NYC for a long time and now returned to The Netherlands. After that she started singing 'New York' of Alicia Keys. According to people who attended she did it very well. WA was proud, and joked that as she is no. 2, there may be a future in it.

Source:
Prinses Alexia blijkt ware nachtegaal | RTL Nieuws

TLLK 11-26-2014 01:51 PM

Thank you for the update Marengo. Considering Ariane's age now perhaps she feels that she is too old to watch him arrive.

Marengo 11-28-2014 07:00 AM

A discussion started about an initiative of the 'Dutch design action'. They started a competition between gold- and silversmiths to create a jewel of 45.000 euros. Princess Catharina-Amalia would serve as a source of 'inspiration' for the design and the winning jewel would be offered to her.

This was revealed earlier this week in RTL boulevard. Lots of angry messages followed on witter: the money could better be used for children in need than for the princess. Angry people started an action to raise 45.000 euros for children in need.

The RVD tweeted that it was not in any way participating or even notified about the action and that the royal house was not involved at all.

The association that organised this initiative claims that the media made their own story and that it never intended the jewel to be handed over to the princess. The jewels will be handed back to the makers after the competition ends.

Marc van der Linden (Weekend/Royalty magazine) claims that the association did want to hand over the jewel and claims that they old him so in emails.

https://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2014/11/27/...rinses-amalia/

https://www.vorsten.nl/2014/11/27/ama...edium=facebook

Marika86 12-05-2014 10:23 AM

New official photos of Princess of Orange, Princess Alexia and Princess Ariane

https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/umbraco...ss=local&name= https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/umbraco...ss=local&name= https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/umbraco...ss=local&name= https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/umbraco...ss=local&name=

TLLK 12-05-2014 10:39 AM

Lovely photos of the AAA team. It looks like Alexia has a retainer now.

Duc_et_Pair 12-05-2014 11:11 AM

I wonder about the teeth of Princess Catharina-Amalia: her sister Princess Alexia has a retainer, so to see. But Amalia herself has irregular teeth and could use braces as well, so is my impression... ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1724234)
A discussion started about an initiative of the 'Dutch design action'. They started a competition between gold- and silversmiths to create a jewel of 45.000 euros. Princess Catharina-Amalia would serve as a source of 'inspiration' for the design and the winning jewel would be offered to her.

This was revealed earlier this week in RTL boulevard. Lots of angry messages followed on witter: the money could better be used for children in need than for the princess. Angry people started an action to raise 45.000 euros for children in need.

The RVD tweeted that it was not in any way participating or even notified about the action and that the royal house was not involved at all.

The association that organised this initiative claims that the media made their own story and that it never intended the jewel to be handed over to the princess. The jewels will be handed back to the makers after the competition ends.

Marc van der Linden (Weekend/Royalty magazine) claims that the association did want to hand over the jewel and claims that they old him so in emails.

Koninklijk Huis: niets te maken met inzamelingsactie ring Amalia - nrc.nl

Amalia is inspiratiebron voor goudsmeden - Vorsten

Good heavens, what a "terror' from social media, while it was all a well-willing gesture by the gold- and silversmiths.

:ermm:

At the other end, the designs were so ghastly that the Princess will be happy not to have to wear the 'winner'.

:lol:

Lee-Z 12-05-2014 11:57 AM

I don't know what's true or not in the story, but am a bit surprised that one of the designs nominated is inspired by the "oranje, blanje, bleu", which has some connotations u'm pretty sure the RF would not want to be associated with anyway..

Blog Real 12-05-2014 03:24 PM

Los entrañables posados de Amalia, Alexia y Ariana de Holanda por el cumpleaños de la Princesa Heredera

SElizabeth 12-06-2014 06:03 AM

How they have grown and are such beautiful little ladies. I see that they are letting their hair grow and it is very long, blonde and gorgeous. What beauties they will be when older and dad better keep the army by his side to keep the boys away.......:lol:

Fanvanmaxima 12-06-2014 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 1726297)
I wonder about the teeth of Princess Catharina-Amalia: her sister Princess Alexia has a retainer, so to see. But Amalia herself has irregular teeth and could use braces as well, so is my impression... ?

Amalia has one too. She has outside teeth braces.

Duc_et_Pair 12-06-2014 08:41 AM

Ah, thank you... so the Princess of Orange will have nicely lined teeth in a year or two.

:flowers:

I agree with other posters, the three girls have everything to blossom into the Three Graces...

Duc_et_Pair 12-07-2014 05:06 AM

Tomorrow the Band of the Royal Navy's Marines Corps will give a concert in honour of Her Royal Highness The Princess of Orange. Some 60 pupils from the Princess Catharina-Amalia School will attend the concert as well. The other guests are members of the Royal Household, members of the International Court of Justice, of the Corps Diplomatique and other distinghuised guests. The concert will be performed in the Gothic Hall of the former Palace of Willem II and Anna Paulovna at the Kneuterdijk in The Hague.

This year the Band will perform a Hungarian-themed program with -amongst more- the Ouverture from "Der Zigeunerbaron" (Johann Strauss Jr.), "Dances of Galánta" (Zoltán Kodály), the Csárdás (Vittorio Monti), etc. I don't know of the birthday girl herself did ever attend this concert in her honour.

dbarn67 02-09-2015 09:07 AM

nd painted royal eggs by Mrs. Tiety Entjes-Weij. Princess Amalia and Princess Alexia and Princess Ariane. The collection is shown on the Eierbeurzen on the 14 and 15 of march Wassenaar.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/128...912/iKkRMQ.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/128...908/gPOGMI.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/128...538/OHqCek.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/128...540/nuAnPg.jpg

Duc_et_Pair 03-20-2015 05:30 PM

The Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst has issued the following communiqué:

Her Royal Highness The Princess of Orange will enroll into to the Christian Gymnasium Sorghvliet in The Hague.

The Princess is now in group 8 of the public Bloemcampschool in Wassenaar.

The period of the Princess' school is private. At the express request of the parents an appeal is made on the media to continue to respect the privacy of their daughter.

RVD, no. 58 / 20 March 2015

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A gymnasium is the oldest and most traditional form of secondary education. In the Netherlands, a gymnasium is the highest variant of secondary education. It consists of six years in which pupils study for obtaining a baccalaureate, with the addition of compulsory Ancient Greek, Latin and the history of the Ancient Greek and Roman culture, literature and arts.

The Christian Gymnasium Sorghvliet (picture of the new addition to the old building) is a relatively small school with around 700 students. It is exclusively a gymnasium, so it is no mega-school which houses different schooltypes. The school has a Christian character. Every day is started with a reading in the Bible, so says the curriculum. The study of the Christian faith as well knowledge of other faiths and meanings of life is compulsory for all students.

The school is attached to the traditional form of a gymnasium. This means that also plays from Aeschylus, Sophocles, Euripides, etc. are still performed: see picture. Princess Laurentien was also a student at Sorghvliet. Side note: Princess Amalia did 7 years on her primary education (including Kindergarten). That is one year faster than normal. The Princess will already enroll secondary education at the age of 11. She has bypassed one year because of her good results.

royalfanvivian 03-20-2015 05:43 PM

Last Wednesday, the King could not say anything about the school of his daughter, but tonight it was announced that the Princess of Orange after the summer holidays at the Christian school Sorghvliet Hague goes.

Princess of Orange goes to school Sorghvliet

Empress Merel 03-20-2015 05:47 PM

So basically Amalia will hardly interact with various types of people in her age group.

Duc_et_Pair 03-20-2015 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royalfanvivian (Post 1760763)
Last Wednesday, the King could not say anything about the school of his daughter, but tonight it was announced that the Princess of Orange after the summer holidays at the Christian school Sorghvliet Hague goes.

Princess of Orange goes to school Sorghvliet

Yes, it seems the inscription of new students has closed today. They kept it secret to prevent people sending their children to Sorghvliet, just to be in the same school with Princess Amalia...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empress Merel (Post 1760765)
So basically Amalia will hardly interact with various types of people in her age group.

Isn't that inevitable and doesn't that simply count for all those thousands and thousands of students at the Barlaeus Gymnasium (Amsterdam), the Vossius Gymnasium (Amsterdam), the Gymnasium Haganum (The Hague), the Gymnasium Erasmanianum (Rotterdam), the Praedinus Gymnasium (Groningen), etc. etc. ? Most of them will be from "plooirokken en parelkettingen"-milieus, with field hockey, rowing, horseriding and cricket as most popular sports... That is inherent to independent gymnasia and yes, the background of the parents still are a major encouragement and trigger for children "to make optimal use of all possibilities of life".

Anyway, for a future Queen of the Netherlands, this secondary education with focus on "a classic building" is an excellent choice. Congratulations to the young Princess.

amaryllus 03-20-2015 07:48 PM

A future king or queen should have the best education money can buy especially if he or she is academically inclined or precocious. If Amalia grows up to have a law degree like Beatrix or studies economics like Margrethe it will be a great and fitting thing for a modern woman and Royal.

Mbruno 03-20-2015 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 1760759)
The Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst has issued the following communiqué:

Her Royal Highness The Princess of Orange will enroll into to the Christian Gymnasium Sorghvliet in The Hague.

The Princess is now in group 8 of the public Bloemcampschool in Wassenaar.

The period of the Princess' school is private. At the express request of the parents an appeal is made on the media to continue to respect the privacy of their daughter.

RVD, no. 58 / 20 March 2015

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I assume "Christian Gymnasium" means a Protestant school, right ? It looks like, despite her mother's Catholic background, King Willem-Alexander is determined to ensure that Amalia is raised as a devout Calvinist in accordance with the Orange-Nassau tradition.

Amalia of course is not the only royal heir to attend a denominational school. Elisabeth of Belgium for example goes to a Catholic school. Personally, I would rather see both receive a 100 % secular education, but their parents have the right to choose a religious upbringing for their kids if they want to.

TLLK 03-20-2015 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 1760774)
Isn't that inevitable and doesn't that simply count for all those thousands and thousands of students at the Barlaeus Gymnasium (Amsterdam), the Vossius Gymnasium (Amsterdam), the Gymnasium Haganum (The Hague), the Gymnasium Erasmanianum (Rotterdam), the Praedinus Gymnasium (Groningen), etc. etc. ? Most of them will be from "plooirokken en parelkettingen"-milieus, with field hockey, rowing, horseriding and cricket as most popular sports... That is inherent to independent gymnasia and yes, the background of the parents still are a major encouragement and trigger for children "to make optimal use of all possibilities of life".

Anyway, for a future Queen of the Netherlands, this secondary education with focus on "a classic building" is an excellent choice. Congratulations to the young Princess.

Thank you for sharing the information regarding Amalia's next school. So will she be here until she's 17 or 18?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbruno (Post 1760835)
I assume "Christian Gymnasium" means a Protestant school, right ? It looks like, despite her mother's Catholic background, King Willem-Alexander is determined to ensure that Amalia is raised as a devout Calvinist in accordance with the Orange-Nassau tradition.

Amalia of course is not the only royal heir to attend a denominational school. Elisabeth of Belgium for example goes to a Catholic school. Personally, I would rather see both receive a 100 % secular education, but their parents have the right to choose a religious upbringing for their kids if they want to.

Doesn't Leonor of Spain attend a Catholic school? I know that she'll be having her First Communion with her classmates.

Duc_et_Pair 03-21-2015 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbruno (Post 1760835)

[....]

Yes. Sorghvliet has a Christian character. The curriculum reads: "Every day is started with a reading in the Bible. The study of the Christian faith as well knowledge of other faiths and meanings of life is compulsory for all students.

It seems it was the Princess herself whom choose the school. She has been at the Vrijzinnig-Christelijk Lyceum (Liberal-Christian Lyceum), her father's school, and the public (= state) Gymnasium Haganum in The Hague. In the media is told the Princess visited all schools during a normal schoolday "to sniff the atmosphere". In the end the Princess choose the Christelijk Gymnasium Sorghvliet.

The rector stated: "I never know why children or parents exactly made a choice for this specific school and not for that other school. I can only say that we are very proud to welcome Princess Amalia on our school and we wish her a great time. We will do everything for the Princess ánd for all other students to ensure that school life will be as normal as possible".

It seems the King and the Queen have stressed to the school that the Princess must be treated "as any normal student" which means: too late is too late, unsatisfactory is unsatisfactory, etc.

It is not sure the Protestant character of the school really played a role. Note that Princess Amalia, Princess Alexia and Princess Ariane all are students at the public (= state) Bloemcampschool in Wassenaar. So not on a Protestant or Catholic primary school.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLLK (Post 1760844)
Thank you for sharing the information regarding Amalia's next school. So will she be here until she's 17 or 18?

Yes the Princess will finish at the age of 17, unless she has to do the same year again because of poor results. Princess Amalia did 7 years on her primary education (including Kindergarten). That is one year faster than normal. She has bypassed one year of primary school because of her good results.

At the age of 18 Princess Catharina-Amalia will reach the age of consent, she can execute the royal prerogatives. At this age the Princess will be given entrance to the Raad van State (Council of State), the highest advisory body in the Netherlands (est. 1531) which also is the highest Court of Administration.

We may expect the Princess to continue her studies at Leyden University (est. 1575 by her ancestor Willem I of Nassau, Prince of Orange), like her father, grandmother and great-grandmother did, as well more Orange-Nassaus in the past.

Marengo 03-21-2015 04:45 AM

Sorghvliet was considered the best school of it kind of the country. pss Laurentien went to school there, as did several ministers (incl. Laurentien's father). It is the poshest school of The Hague. At least she didn't pick the Rijnlands in Wassenaar or the American school.

Quote:

Most schools in the Netherlands have a religious affiliation. Though these days some start to be ' inter confessional', which means it is based on multiple religions. There will be a few secular schools in the Hague, but often the level of such schools is below average.

Duc_et_Pair 03-21-2015 05:06 AM

The Catholic and Protestant schools indeed in general have the best results in annual comparisons. I am not sure Sorghvliet is really the poshest (yes, Princess Laurentien and especially her father are hard to beat in posh speaking, haha) because the centuries-old Gymnasium Haganum (est. as Latin School around 1327!) looks absolutely the most "plooirokken en parelkettingen" to me... It also has an impressive entrance and stunning interior, worth a future Queen of the Netherlands....

:lol:

royalfanvivian 03-22-2015 10:39 AM

Amalia It was not just the day that it was announced that she goes to school Sorghvliet, she also had a special outing in The Hague.

Princess of Orange visits the Courtyard

Duc_et_Pair 03-22-2015 10:46 AM

The Courtyard?

I think they mean the Binnenhof, the Inner Court? (The Buitenhof is the Outer Court).

Click on the picture itself to blow up to mega format.

Elenath 03-22-2015 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royalfanvivian (Post 1761156)
Amalia It was not just the day that it was announced that she goes to school Sorghvliet, she also had a special outing in The Hague.

Princess of Orange visits the Courtyard

That has got to be the worst translation I’ve seen in a long time. Granted.. I usually don’t read translated Dutch articles but come on.. “how long the fork in the stem”?? Google should be able to do better than that.

I bet she already knows how comfortable that chair is. I bet she and her sisters tried. :smile:

Lee-Z 03-22-2015 12:23 PM

Yes, google translate is not too skilled in dutch; for people who have their own website and are wanting to get a more international audience, it's better to provide an english option on the website itself..

Automatic translators are often good enough to roughly get a sense of what an article is about, but if you really want to know the details... not so much ;)

Marengo 03-23-2015 05:41 AM

On friday Princess Catharine-AMalia visited parlament in The Hague with her school class.

Den Haag FM Prinses Amalia op bezoek in Eerste en Tweede Kamer - Den Haag FM

Courtesy: ATR

royalfanvivian 04-10-2015 02:27 AM

Princess Ariane is celebrating its 8th birthday.

Princess Ariane 8 years

Muhler 04-11-2015 08:14 AM

A royalista article on Ariane's B-day: Happy birthday Princess Ariane! | Royalista

There is a glimmer in her eyes, that suggests IMO that she can come up with some serious mischief from time to time...:tongue:

royalfanvivian 06-26-2015 02:41 AM

Princess Alexia celebrates its 10th anniversary!

Princess Alexia year

Lee-Z 08-24-2015 04:13 AM

Princess Amalia started today at her new school (first day at "high school", although this is not a name used in the NL, but I think for the international posters here that's more recognizable ;) ):
Prinses Amalia begint op gymnasium Sorghvliet | NU - Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl

translated

I love the pic, very dutch ;)

ETA: https://www.telegraaf.nl/prive/244081...ia_vast__.html
this page has a little video as well, filmed by K.W-A himself

Duc_et_Pair 08-24-2015 06:36 AM

Very Dutch indeed, an omafiets (granny bike) with a box. See picture. Lovely. (I also love the meticulously trimmed green ivy covering the villa!).

Muhler 08-24-2015 06:41 AM

Article with video from Royalista: King calls for respect of daughter's privacy with family snapshot | Royalista

hana 08-24-2015 06:49 AM

very Beautiful Healthy girl

princess maggie 08-24-2015 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee-Z (Post 1812965)
Princess Amalia started today at her new school (first day at "high school", although this is not a name used in the NL, but I think for the international posters here that's more recognizable ;) ):
Prinses Amalia begint op gymnasium Sorghvliet | NU - Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl

translated

I love the pic, very dutch ;)

ETA: Koning legt eerste schooldag Amalia vast|Prive| Telegraaf.nl
this page has a little video as well, filmed by K.W-A himself

Already in high school. I wonder if it is what we call Junior High in Canada"