The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/)
-   -   Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/baby-cambridge-musings-and-suggestions-34427.html)

Kataryn 01-14-2013 06:39 AM

I am glad she feels better. And I like the pic they've chosen as illustration: it looks as if both are protective of their bellies - like William is mirroring her, which is such a great sign in a relationship.

christythedreamer 01-14-2013 08:40 AM

ahhh so I was right about July... can't wait to see the baby arrives!! :)

GracieGiraffe 01-14-2013 09:06 AM

I would like Will and Kate to consider my home near Atlanta, Georgia, as the place to give birth to The Child. Here is my reasoning:

1) I am their biggest fan
2) The house is spacious and air-conditioned. I will redo the master bedroom with portraits of the past Kings and Queens of Britain in order to welcome the baby and give it some idea of the decor at Gran's house(s).
3) I live on land chartered by King George II, lost by King George III, and in fact named in honor of those Germanic Georges. If the birth takes place here, you can almost bet this baby will be a little "George." Some sort of symbiotic full circle thing will occur we royal watchers in the U.S. so desperately want.
4) It would throw the press of the scent and allow Will and Kate the privacy they deserve. Who knew that a future British monarch would be born amongst giraffes in Georgia?
5) Does the prime minister have to witness the birth, or something? Why, no problemo. Mr. and Mrs. Cameron and Mr. Giraffe and I could have a few drinks out at the neighborhood pool, the kids could all swim and we could grill out (these things take time). When we come up to verify the birth we'd be sure to bring the new parents a plate of hotdogs, baked beans and coleslaw - because this mother's comfort is our only priority!

Elenath 01-14-2013 09:06 AM

I have a feeling it might be june and not july.... If I were them I'd happily give the press the wrong due date.

Lumutqueen 01-14-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe (Post 1505073)
I would like Will and Kate to consider my home near Atlanta, Georgia, as the place to give birth to The Child. Here is my reasoning:

1) I am their biggest fan
2) The house is spacious and air-conditioned. I will redo the master bedroom with portraits of the past Kings and Queens of Britain in order to welcome the baby and give it some idea of the decor at Gran's house(s).
3) I live on land chartered by King George II, lost by King George III, and in fact named in honor of those Germanic Georges. If the birth takes place here, you can almost bet this baby will be a little "George." Some sort of symbiotic full circle thing will occur we royal watchers in the U.S. so desperately want.
4) It would throw the press of the scent and allow Will and Kate the privacy they deserve. Who knew that a future British monarch would be born amongst giraffes in Georgia?
5) Does the prime minister have to witness the birth, or something? Why, no problemo. Mr. and Mrs. Cameron and Mr. Giraffe and I could have a few drinks out at the neighborhood pool, the kids could all swim and we could grill out (these things take time). When we come up to verify the birth we'd be sure to bring the new parents a plate of hotdogs, baked beans and coleslaw - because this mother's comfort is our only priority!

Future heir has to be born in British soil I believe. I think your house is a bit out of question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elenath (Post 1505075)
I have a feeling it might be june and not july.... If I were them I'd happily give the press the wrong due date.

Except this is an official announcement, why lie?

Molly2101 01-14-2013 09:14 AM

July feels like such a long time away, but I think this is because we have known about the pregnancy for a month already. Look forward to July now! I wonder if Catherine will attend Trooping the Colour and the Garter ceremonies in June if she is pregnant. Sophie did not attend The Remembrance Services when she was pregnant with James, nor did she attend Trooping the Colour (though her pregnancy had not been made public knowledge then.)

With regards to Catherine not carrying out any engagements, if we think back to when Sophie's pregnancy with Louise was announced it was reported that she would be cutting back her duties (it was reported she would not do any in fact until the birth), but we of course saw her out and about doing engagements. We saw her less with James, but I think that was probably due to her obstetric history and Edward and co. were just ensuring she was not working too hard.

Only time will tell really with Catherine. I for one am looking forward to seeing her little bump grow and her maternity outfits!

GracieGiraffe 01-14-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1505078)
Future heir has to be born in British soil I believe. I think your house is a bit out of question.


I don't think it HAS to be born on British soil - would it be disqualified if it weren't? Could you guys suddenly have "British birthers?" Shudder!

I could get Congress to declare it British territory, like Canada did for the birth of a Dutch Princess. Thanks for reminding me! I will get right on that.

P.S. It was once British territory - surely that must count for something!

Elenath 01-14-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1505078)
Except this is an official announcement, why lie?

Because I'm certain the press will set up a permanent camp outside of Kensington Palace in july just to get a photo of Kate on her way to the hospital. This alone would be the best reason for me to at least try and have this baby at home. No irritating photographers.

Queen Penelope 01-14-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1505078)

Except this is an official announcement, why lie?

It wouldn't necessarily be a lie. For all we know her due date could be July first, and in that case she could potentially deliver sometime In mid June :)

Very exciting!!

Lumutqueen 01-14-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe (Post 1505080)

I don't think it HAS to be born on British soil - would it be disqualified if it weren't? Could you guys suddenly have "British birthers?" Shudder!

I could get Congress to declare it British territory, like Canada did for the birth of a Dutch Princess. Thanks for reminding me! I will get right on that.

P.S. It was once British territory - surely that must count for something!

There bit a bit of a fuss if the future monarch was born outside if the UK, what's the point in it being born elsewhere?
Somehow I doubt your powers stretch far enough into Congress to allow your home to become a part of the UK. For Princess Margriet The maternity ward of Ottawa Civic Hospital in which Princess Margriet was born was temporarily declared to be extraterritorial by the Canadian government. The fact it once was, counts for nothing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elenath (Post 1505082)

Because I'm certain the press will set up a permanent camp outside of Kensington Palace in july just to get a photo of Kate on her way to the hospital. This alone would be the best reason for me to at least try and have this baby at home. No irritating photographers.

Except KP is one of about 7 places Catherine could travel from. Like every other time a child is born, the press will wait until Catherine is in hospital and camp outside. They're royalty, they live their lives in front of the press if they don't know it they've been walking around with their eyes closed for a long long time.

Sister Morphine 01-14-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1505078)
Except this is an official announcement, why lie?

Maybe the Court didn't lie, but William and Catherine did. I mean, they got the news of the due date from them, I would think....so all they'd have to do is tell whoever is in charge of releasing this information that the baby is due in July, rather than June. Or something like that.

Frankly, if I was in her shoes, which would be nice because she has great shoes, I wouldn't want anyone knowing the due date of my baby's birth aside from my immediate family (including hubby as his family) and my doctor. So I'd lie my butt off.

hkittybaby 01-14-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christythedreamer (Post 1505063)
ahhh so I was right about July... can't wait to see the baby arrives!! :)

I was thinking on July as well:smile:

Dman 01-14-2013 09:27 AM

It's so good to know the baby will be here in July. It's also good to hear that Catherine is doing better and that she will return to official engagements soon. I'm sure there will be some royal gun salutes in july.

I'm thinking Catherine could be well enough to attend the expecting (Thanksgiving Service for The Queen's 60th Coronation Anniversary) Trooping of the Colour and Garter Service but I think it all depends how she's feeling at the time. I think she will be doing a couple of official engagements before she's due but with pregnancies you never know.

Lumutqueen 01-14-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Morphine (Post 1505087)
Frankly, if I was in her shoes, which would be nice because she has great shoes, I wouldn't want anyone knowing the due date of my baby's birth aside from my immediate family (including hubby as his family) and my doctor. So I'd lie my butt off.

Nobody knows the due date, we know the month that Catherine is due in. The baby will arrive when it arrives but Catherine's due date is in July.

I've never seen other royal houses announce a month early.

hkittybaby 01-14-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elenath (Post 1505075)
I have a feeling it might be june and not july.... If I were them I'd happily give the press the wrong due date.

I hope it doesn't happen as it possibily means the baby will be premature:ermm:

CanRoyal 01-14-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumetqueen
Except this is an official announcement, why lie?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elenath (Post 1505082)
Because I'm certain the press will set up a permanent camp outside of Kensington Palace in july just to get a photo of Kate on her way to the hospital. This alone would be the best reason for me to at least try and have this baby at home. No irritating photographers.

Lumetqueen is correct - the one thing you can count on is that in official announcements there are no lies.

Lumutqueen 01-14-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkittybaby (Post 1505093)
I hope it doesn't happen as it possibily means the baby will be premature:ermm:

Babies can be born at 24 weeks which is the legal abortion limit and survive with the right medical care and attention. Premature or not, life is not in our hands.

Frelinghighness 01-14-2013 09:34 AM

No surprise, this is when they most likely would have originally announced the pregnancy, at about 14 weeks,like most royal houses, which means the baby will be born about 6 months from now if all goes smoothly.
This all just follows her history of morning sickness, which kicks in about 7-8 weeks and usually abates about 4 weeks later.
So happy she does appear to not be suffering now.

hkittybaby 01-14-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1505095)
Babies can be born at 24 weeks which is the legal abortion limit and survive with the right medical care and attention. Premature or not, life is not in our hands.

Yes I know:flowers: I just hope it doesn't happen although I can speak from personal experience HG babies tend to be born earlier. I remember my doctor warning me about this.

cepe 01-14-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkittybaby (Post 1505038)

The DM really is gross - speculating on when the child was conceived is such a breach of privacy.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises