The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/)
-   -   Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/baby-cambridge-musings-and-suggestions-34427.html)

Molly2101 02-16-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE (Post 1517514)
I too was going to suggest Andrew as the family photographer so that the images are controlled and the baby left alone...But perhaps his latest debacle will not allow them to use him?

Also, his closeness to his X-wife could be an issue for the Queen?

Kate is supposedly a photographer. Kate could use timer shots to include herself in the photos. I have done it successfully. She of course should be able to photograph baby (with Willl or without) and make chosen images available for media release on the condition that the media leave them alone.

I still think despite his problem's Andrew is the best option as he has done several family photoshoots before and it would be nice for him to have done Louise's and baby Cambridge's first photo's. It would also mean the family would be more relaxed it if it was with a family member, which is why Edward and Sophie chose Andrew.

GracieGiraffe 02-16-2013 03:19 PM

Lots of people have public and private blogs about their kids and family life. This would be a good idea for this baby - satisfying public curiosity so hopefully paps don't feel the need to chase the child down everywhere.

Lumutqueen 02-16-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe (Post 1517800)
Lots of people have public and private blogs about their kids and family life. This would be a good idea for this baby - satisfying public curiosity so hopefully paps don't feel the need to chase the child down everywhere.

Please god no! Next thing someone will suggest this baby has it's own twitter account. Beyond the babies sex, name and first picture there's nothing else to be curious about.

GracieGiraffe 02-16-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1517803)
Please god no! Next thing someone will suggest this baby has it's own twitter account. Beyond the babies sex, name and first picture there's nothing else to be curious about.

I've no doubt the baby's parents feel the same way, but again we have the right to privacy bumping up against expectations of privacy. I think public curiosity will have to be satisfied in some sort of way, and this would be one way of doing it. Far less of a chance of some pap trying to photograph into the baby's room with some James Bond type technology that can see through walls.

The first royal to achieve celebrity status in that the press was interested in her every move was Baby Betty, circa 1926. She and Uncle David were the first royals to obtain that dubious dual status of royal/celebrity. Now there's no turning back. The Queen Mother did it right - she sanctioned a book or two to be written about her daughters' life. All rosy pablum for the masses, the dissemination of which would have caused a stroke in Victoria, but I think it was the right decision.

Lumutqueen 02-16-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe (Post 1517817)
I've no doubt the baby's parents feel the same way, but again we have the right to privacy bumping up against expectations of privacy. I think public curiosity will have to be satisfied in some sort of way, and this would be one way of doing it. Far less of a chance of some pap trying to photograph into the baby's room with some James Bond type technology that can see through walls.

That's not a way to satisfy curiosity. This isn't right vs expectation. There is no way a member of the paparazzi is going to get past the gates of any palace, and should he/she, they'll be arrested for breaking and entering.

The public will get, the sex, the name, a few photos at birth and then at the christening. We will then probably get family portraits. That is all we should get in regards to this child. Frankly nobody gives a damn about anything else, do they? There is no curiosity that you speak of.

cepe 02-16-2013 07:53 PM

I agree with LQ - there is no curiosity to speak of.

However, the media may think differently and push this; smart-alecs will set up twitter accounts as Baby Cambridge (if it hasn't been done already) to tell us about his/her life - and on it goes.....

An example is the news reports on Pippa Middleton - 95% of the comments are "we are not interested" and it still persists.

HereditaryPrincess 02-17-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta (Post 1517410)
I'm voting for kitties!!!

The Child probably won't wear Baby Dior, but to me, they have the cutest clothes.

Baby Dior do have cute clothes. Moschino and Zara also have nice children's wear. :flowers:

Osipi 02-17-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess (Post 1518048)
Baby Dior do have cute clothes. Moschino and Zara also have nice children's wear. :flowers:

One thing I know. the child will do what a baby does best and that is eat, sleep and mess a diaper. if its a boy, Kate will learn early on how to aim the free squirt.

With the fast growth of infants, i bet they go with standard onesies.

4Pam 02-17-2013 10:44 AM

GAP has cute baby clothes :)

I really hope it's a girl :)

Lumutqueen 02-17-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Pam (Post 1518074)
GAP has cute baby clothes :)

They have a beautiful Peter Rabbit collection at the minute! Promoting my own place of work now. :lol:

GracieGiraffe 02-17-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1518144)
They have a beautiful Peter Rabbit collection at the minute! Promoting my own place of work now. :lol:

Yes, apart from my absolute certainty that baby giraffes is the only motif suitable for the future monarch, traditional Beatrix Potter collections are a close second for a baby.

I can just see the baby's nursery now, Flopsy, Mopsy, Peter Cottontail and Gracie Giraffe. Perfect!

HereditaryPrincess 02-17-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1518144)

Awww, how cute would it be if Baby Cambridge had Peter Rabit wall stickers in it's nursery? I also agree with Gracie Giraffe, a giraffe motif would also be cute in the royal nursery; plus they're common nursery decorations if it's going to be animal themed.

Daria_S 02-17-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanRoyal (Post 1517464)
If I were William and Kate, I'd make good use of 'their' website Homepage .

I'd have Kate get out her camera and have her (and William) take candids and post one or two photos on their website - every week or so. Furthermore, I'd make money off the pics (the way the paps do) and donate that money directly to their charities.

Beat the paps at their own game, as it were.

Not a bad idea. A way to make everyone happy (and hopefully get the press off of their backs for a while).

NGalitzine 02-17-2013 08:47 PM

I do think it is a bad idea. Rainier & Grace used their children for publicity purposes and it just created a feeding frenzy for more and more pics and their children continue to pay the price. Give the papers auithorized pics just makes the unauthorized "candid" pics even more valuable to get.

camelot23ca 02-17-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1517890)
I agree with LQ - there is no curiosity to speak of.

However, the media may think differently and push this; smart-alecs will set up twitter accounts as Baby Cambridge (if it hasn't been done already) to tell us about his/her life - and on it goes.....

An example is the news reports on Pippa Middleton - 95% of the comments are "we are not interested" and it still persists.

I disagree; I think there will be an almost unlimited amount of curiosity regarding the smallest details of the baby's life, in the same way there is with his/her parents and the rest of their family. People may say they're not interested in Pippa Middleton, (or whoever), but by their own actions they prove that's not true - all of the 'not interested' comments on websites like the DM, for example, come from people who help make the DM some money by going to the website and looking at the pictures. That's all the media cares about.

I think William and Catherine should follow the example of Frederik and Mary of Denmark in exposing their child(ren) to the press. Relatively frequent and well controlled photoshoots, as well as occasional candid shots on the royal website, (so that seeing the baby isn't like spotting a unicorn), with the expectation of the child being left alone at other times.

GracieGiraffe 02-18-2013 11:23 PM

Now that Kate's about four months gone, I suppose she's feeling that baby moving around. ;)

Mariel 02-19-2013 03:27 AM

Yes, first kick at four months.

royalistbert 02-20-2013 05:18 PM

I was searching online and came across this on ABC. The Royal Bump, Day by Day - ABC News :eek:

cepe 02-20-2013 05:28 PM

I dont know hwat is worse, the fact it was written or the fact I tried to view it. Happily, in the long run, none of the pix could be seen. And I shouldn't have looked.

I've never had a child born and grow up. But when it happens it is surrounded by love and joy. And there is none of that in the reports that are being written. They are voyeuristic and somehow creepy, like invading a woman's privacy.

I'm very uncomfortable with how this is going in the media.

Frelinghighness 02-21-2013 09:36 PM

It really was a pretty innocuous "fluff" piece, certainly not detailing her pregnancy day by day, only talking about how what maternity fashions she wears will sell out, like all the other fashions she wears, because she buys off the rack.
The most interesting part of the piece was the mention of a show of sketches by Diana's maternity fashion designer Bellevile Sassoon in London this summer.They also have notes on them from Diana who was concerned about her maternity fashion.
Jackie Kennedy was also followed very closely during her very public pregnancies and her fashion choices created major trends.

Dman 02-27-2013 12:04 PM

Boy or Girl? Did William spot the sex at the scan?:
Boy or Girl? Did William spot the sex at the scan? | BabyCentre Blog

Congrats to Victoria Murphy.

Molly2101 02-27-2013 12:31 PM

I always thought that British Royals did not find out the gender of their baby; it's tradition. Perhaps they do know, but of course we will never find out. Edward mentioned when James was born after the media asked about any names he said he and Sophie did not find out "what we were getting", and it was then I remembered people saying it was Royal tradition to not find out.

I am a midwife and I LOVE when couples do not know the gender as it makes the birth just that bit more exciting, particularly when you can let the Dad tell the Mum the gender. We will of course never know with William and Catherine, but I really hope they don't know as it's one of the only real surprises in life.

kathia_sophia 02-27-2013 01:37 PM

i didnt know it was a royal tradition! i especially love it! if i get pregnant for the first time, i will not want to find out. it makes everything more exciting.
however, if its a second child, i would rather want to find out.

GracieGiraffe 02-27-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1521584)
Boy or Girl? Did William spot the sex at the scan?:
Boy or Girl? Did William spot the sex at the scan? | BabyCentre Blog

Congrats to Victoria Murphy.

If they are having numerous scans, as suggested by the blog, and most likely in what is most likely a very watched pregnancy, then they will at some point see something whether inadvertently or not.

The BRF might not know, but the techs DO.....:whistling: Imagine carrying around THAT secret......

luisianna 03-01-2013 06:59 AM

Prince William and Kate Middleton's Baby: Geneticist Creates Mock-Up Image of Royal Spawn | E! Online

I know there's anticipation to see what this child is going to look like, but something about this strikes me as going too far.

Kellydofc 03-01-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camelot23ca (Post 1518281)
I think William and Catherine should follow the example of Frederik and Mary of Denmark in exposing their child(ren) to the press. Relatively frequent and well controlled photoshoots, as well as occasional candid shots on the royal website, (so that seeing the baby isn't like spotting a unicorn), with the expectation of the child being left alone at other times.

This appears to be Victoria and Daniel of Sweden's plan as well. It seems to work great for them and baby Estelle.

Sister Morphine 03-02-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molly2101 (Post 1521593)
I always thought that British Royals did not find out the gender of their baby; it's tradition. Perhaps they do know, but of course we will never find out. Edward mentioned when James was born after the media asked about any names he said he and Sophie did not find out "what we were getting", and it was then I remembered people saying it was Royal tradition to not find out.

I am a midwife and I LOVE when couples do not know the gender as it makes the birth just that bit more exciting, particularly when you can let the Dad tell the Mum the gender. We will of course never know with William and Catherine, but I really hope they don't know as it's one of the only real surprises in life.

I don't think the dad needs to tell the mom the gender of their child. I'm pretty sure when she looks down at the baby, she'll see if there's a stem on the apple or not.....and that'll basically answer any question she might have. Besides, the other way sounds like it's information the mother is not supposed to know until her husband tells her. Which sounds kind of patriarchal and sexist.

AdmirerUS 03-02-2013 06:30 PM

How about turning our gaze on... the baby's room and how it will be decorated? We are musing so let's muse.

Since we don't know the gender of the baby, I'll start with some gender neutral ideas.

Mom and Dad got engaged in Africa in the treetops. What a great baby room theme. Something like this would work great for any baby - bright colors GIRAFFE (ahem) and all: Image Detail for - Nursery Wall Decals- Africa tree and giraffe- 104 inch W- Baby Room ...

What do you think would be good for the baby? Do you prefer traditional, modern, fun, what?

Ish 03-02-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmirerUS (Post 1522558)
How about turning our gaze on... the baby's room and how it will be decorated? We are musing so let's muse.

Since we don't know the gender of the baby, I'll start with some gender neutral ideas.

Mom and Dad got engaged in Africa in the treetops. What a great baby room theme. Something like this would work great for any baby - bright colors GIRAFFE (ahem) and all: Image Detail for - Nursery Wall Decals- Africa tree and giraffe- 104 inch W- Baby Room ...

What do you think would be good for the baby? Do you prefer traditional, modern, fun, what?

Somehow I think the Safari themed room goes a bit too far, although the other ones are really cute.

I'm personally a fan of Classic Winnie the Pooh for nurseries.

AdmirerUS 03-02-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ish (Post 1522561)
Somehow I think the Safari themed room goes a bit too far, although the other ones are really cute.

I agree. I have tattered copies from a yard sale in black and white that I drag out and read every year. Milne was a lovely writer that explored the kinds of people we would live with in our lives. No one was perfect. We learned how to deal with others with dignity and values. Plus the gang is just so darn cute!

Ish 03-02-2013 07:05 PM

There's also this classic British/Englishness about it. And the sheer cuteness of it all...

Dman 03-03-2013 05:42 AM

Will Kate Middleton take a leaf out of Euro royals' baby albums?
Will Kate Middleton take a leaf out of Euro royals' baby albums? | Royal | News | Daily Express

I would hope the Cambridges will be open to releasing pictures of the baby.

Lumutqueen 03-03-2013 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1522668)
Will Kate Middleton take a leaf out of Euro royals' baby albums?
Will Kate Middleton take a leaf out of Euro royals' baby albums? | Royal | News | Daily Express

I would hope the Cambridges will be open to releasing pictures of the baby.

I'm pretty sure we will see baby pictures, after all we got at least one or maybe two of Louise and James when they were born. :flowers:

Daria_S 03-03-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ish (Post 1522561)

I loved Winnie the Pooh stories when I was little. My absolute favorite reading material for young children (and it never really gets old, so it's always pleasant to take a trip down memory lane and read it all over when one has grown up). I think a nursery dedicated to the beloved characters of A. A. Milne is a superb idea. The characters are too cute to pass up.

Molly2101 03-03-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Morphine (Post 1522436)
I don't think the dad needs to tell the mom the gender of their child. I'm pretty sure when she looks down at the baby, she'll see if there's a stem on the apple or not.....and that'll basically answer any question she might have. Besides, the other way sounds like it's information the mother is not supposed to know until her husband tells her. Which sounds kind of patriarchal and sexist.

You'll find that a lot of women want their partner to be the one to tell them the gender, as well as cut the cord. The men often feel very left our during pregnancy and birth and women want them to be involved; these are some of the ways in which they do. Trust me, as a midwife I see it quite a lot. It's a wonderful family moment as I put the baby on mum's chest, the dad then looks to see and tell his wife/partner what their baby is. It's beautiful.

GracieGiraffe 03-03-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Morphine (Post 1522436)

The mom is so busy with the task at hand, she is not looking down. It's the dad, who's just a bystander, who sees the baby emerge and describes it, all of it, as she is catching her breath and trying to regroup her thoughts. It's not at all sexist - the gender is the last thing on her mind at the exact moment of birth.

Getting back to the baby at hand, I still think they should name a girl

Dale Lee May Elle.

Osipi 03-03-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe (Post 1522985)
Getting back to the baby at hand, I still think they should name a girl

Dale Lee May Elle.

Call me dense but I just now got this. :rofl: Not gonna happen!

angieuk 03-04-2013 08:29 AM

Can someone please explain why the whole world and his wife is saying the baby is a GIRL?

What is the scientific evidence? Perhaps someone can enlighten me? Everyone is saying GIRL GIRL GIRL? is there a medical reason for this?

What is it about the pregnancy that rules OUT a BOY??

I am sure the answer's will be very interesting, having never had children myself and am really curious, especially as people that have said this to me in the past about other celebrities have been proved SPOT ON, and the baby has indeed turned out to be a girl. How are people able to predict this so accurately and very cleverly too. What is the secret to this?

cinrit 03-04-2013 08:33 AM

I think people are just guessing, or stating their preference, boy or girl. I don't believe anyone has stated absolutely that the baby is a girl, unless I missed something.

GracieGiraffe 03-04-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angieuk (Post 1523097)
Can someone please explain why the whole world and his wife is saying the baby is a GIRL?

What is the scientific evidence? Perhaps someone can enlighten me? Everyone is saying GIRL GIRL GIRL? is there a medical reason for this?

I am sure the answer's will be very interesting, having never had children myself and am really curious, especially as people that have said this to me in the past about other celebrities have been proved SPOT ON, and the baby has indeed turned out to be a girl. How are people able to predict this so accurately and very cleverly too. What is the secret to this?

I read tarot cards.

EIIR 03-04-2013 09:31 AM

Maybe I'm missing something, but I haven't seen lots of people stating that it's a girl. The only discussion I've seen is around the changes to succession i.e. if it's a girl she won't be leapfrogged in the line of succession by a younger brother.

hkittybaby 03-04-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angieuk (Post 1523097)

We are only guessing it:flowers: My bet is she's having a girl.

Like Kate I had HG too and I had two girls.
The most part of women who suffered with it ended up giving birth to a girl. Obviously there are some women who had that and had boys.

There's not a 'rule' we are just predicting.

KittyAtlanta 03-04-2013 10:03 AM

I'm kind of thinking baby photos will be few and far between. I've only seen 3 photos of Lupo since he's been a Cambridge. They don't seem to be quick to share (which is OK by me).

PrincePatrick 03-04-2013 10:08 AM

All due respect, Lupo is not the next heir to the British throne...

hkittybaby 03-04-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincePatrick (Post 1523122)
All due respect, Lupo is not the next heir to the British throne...

You are so right!! Please Lupo is a their dog not the heir! Let's not compare them

cinrit 03-04-2013 12:27 PM

Even so, I've seen more than three pictures of Lupo. But only when he's out walking with Kate. I doubt we'd get posed studio photographs of him. :tongue:

Molly2101 03-04-2013 12:46 PM

Research has shown that increased levels of morning sickness are associated with girl pregnancies. People are just suggesting it is a girl due to Catherine's sickness at the beginning.

hkittybaby 03-04-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molly2101 (Post 1523194)
Research has shown that increased levels of morning sickness are associated with girl pregnancies. People are just suggesting it is a girl due to Catherine's sickness at the beginning.

I don't base my opinion only on her sickness at the beginning.

I have a feeling its a girl... that's it!:flowers:

I've always imagined them having a girl.

Anna Catherine 03-04-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkittybaby (Post 1523233)

I don't base my opinion only on her sickness at the beginning.

I have a feeling its a girl... that's it!:flowers:

I've always imagined them having a girl.

And then other people have feeling it will be a boy so...who knows. We will all be pleasantly surprised. In the meantime, I find the speculations amusing.:)

hkittybaby 03-04-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anna Catherine (Post 1523234)
And then other people have feeling it will be a boy so...who knows. We will all be pleasantly surprised. In the meantime, I find the speculations amusing.:)

Yes you are right :flowers:

scooter 03-04-2013 02:43 PM

as the sex of the child will be determined by William's male line genetics....2 boys produced by Charles

3 boys and 1 girl produced by Phillip

4 girls and 1 boy produced by Andrew of Greece

I think statistically, more than likely a boy...but I vote for a girl and bet on Diana or Frances in the name.

MichelleQ2 03-04-2013 03:06 PM

according to the ancient royal chinese chart (which is supposed to be 90% accurate)
its a boy

Chinese Gender Chart, Chinese Pregnancy Calendar, Chinese Gender Predictor Calculator#

Lumutqueen 03-04-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 (Post 1523264)
according to the ancient royal chinese chart (which is supposed to be 90% accurate)
its a boy

Chinese Gender Chart, Chinese Pregnancy Calendar, Chinese Gender Predictor Calculator#

Of course it is ;) same nonsense as bump up bump down.

Dman 03-05-2013 04:51 AM

In the program 'Countryfile' Charles expressed his feelings about becoming a grandfather, saying: “It’s a lovely thought and I look forward enormously to that relationship”

hkittybaby 03-05-2013 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1523452)
In the program 'Countryfile' Charles expressed his feelings about becoming a grandfather, saying: “It’s a lovely thought and I look forward enormously to that relationship”

He will be a great grandfather for sure

principessa 03-05-2013 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkittybaby (Post 1523455)
He will be a great grandfather for sure

I can imagine that it would be fun to be his grandchild.

hkittybaby 03-05-2013 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by principessa (Post 1523461)
I can imagine that it would be fun to be his grandchild.

For sure:flowers: I think Camilla will be great too

Sister Morphine 03-05-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooter (Post 1523257)
as the sex of the child will be determined by William's male line genetics

The sex of the child relies solely on whether William contributed an X chromosome or a Y chromosome, and absolutely nothing else. Women are XX, males are XY. Since we only have one letter to give, our contribution to the baby game is always an X. Males contribute either an X or a Y, which then determines the baby's gender. It all comes down to which little fishy got to the finish line first, as it were. I could get more specific and use actual medical terminology, but I think you get the gist just fine with that.

It doesn't matter how many boys or girls people have had in the past, whether the woman is carrying high or low, whether she has a big butt or a flat butt, or whether she's extra pukey or not pukey at all. This is basic genetics and biology. My dad was the 2nd of the two boys, my grandfather was the 3rd of 5 boys, my great-grandfather was the 1st of 5 boys. What did my dad have? Two girls. You'd think he'd have all boys, but as you can see, that wasn't the case.

GracieGiraffe 03-05-2013 02:06 PM

Without going into too much detail, it's speculated that the chemistry of the woman plays a part in how receptive she is to the xy's or the xx's, which both survive in different types of environments. Some women are in the middle of that balance, which is why they seem to have even numbers. When you see a family with an inordinate amount of one or the other, it might be due to the mother's chemistry.

Ish 03-05-2013 02:18 PM

That doesn't mean that the sex isn't determined by the male line genetics. William got an X from his mother and a Y from his father (who got the Y from his father, and so on).

The idea that William's male-line ancestry is more likely to have boys than girls is a bit unfounded though. Yes, his father had 2 boys, but both of his uncles had girls (Andrew having 2). Prince Philip had 3 boys and 1 girl, his father had 4 girls and 1 boy, and his grandfather had 5 boys and 1 girl.

Furthermore, if you look at the offspring of all the male-line descendants of George I (Prince Philip's grandfather) you get exactly 21 boys and 21 girls. Just using that alone, William isn't more or less likely to have a boy or a girl.

Sister Morphine 03-05-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ish (Post 1523615)
That doesn't mean that the sex isn't determined by the male line genetics. William got an X from his mother and a Y from his father (who got the Y from his father, and so on)

ALL males get a Y from their fathers. That's why they're males. That's not male line genetics, though. That's just plain old genetics. Sperm carry an X or they carry a Y. The gender of the child depends on which one gets to the egg first. William could be part of an unbroken line of boys going back to William the Conqueror.....if an X got there first, the child is a girl.

julliette 03-05-2013 05:08 PM

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal #Kate takes bear in #Grimsby: "thank you, I'll take that for my d.." Does Duchess give away sex of her baby? #telegraph front page

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal #Kate slips-up? Grimsby resident says to #Kate: "you were going to say 'daughter' weren't you? Kate replied: "No, we don't know."

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
We have an intriguing story in the Daily Mail tomorrow from Kate's visit to Grimsby - has she inadvertently let slip the sex of her baby

cepe 03-05-2013 05:12 PM

Did the press hear it or did a grimsby resident hear it or did a grimsby resident sell a story?

julliette 03-05-2013 05:13 PM

^^ Story will be published in the dailymail (online) in half an hour or so, according to Rebeca English

cepe 03-05-2013 05:15 PM

If I was that person and she did let slip, Id have kept quiet and gone to the bookies and put ££££ on a girl.

Lumutqueen 03-05-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1523722)
If I was that person and she did let slip, Id have kept quiet and gone to the bookies and put ££££ on a girl.

So would i. Daily Mail says a story tomorrow, but Catherine's put her foot in it now. Looks pretty much confirmed it's a girl.

julliette 03-05-2013 05:18 PM

^^ ahah. Maybe the journalists heard it too. Who knows? Let's wait for the article to see

Archduchess Zelia 03-05-2013 05:19 PM

Don't really know what to think. I don't think she necessarily was gonna say 'daughter', but then again, I wasn't there so I didn't hear it. Do think it's kinda douchy of whoever the person is to let it slip to the press though.

cepe 03-05-2013 05:19 PM

MAybe she was going to say d..og!

Lumutqueen 03-05-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia (Post 1523728)
Don't really know what to think. I don't think she necessarily was gonna say 'daughter', but then again, I wasn't there so I didn't hear it. Do think it's kinda douchy of whoever the person is to let it slip to the press though.

Could it be "i'll take that for my dog?" ;)

cepe 03-05-2013 05:22 PM

SNAP !! so funny!

Lumutqueen 03-05-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1523733)
SNAP !! so funny!

Maybe that's why Catherine stopped, because the kid was obviously giving it for the baby. :lol:

cepe 03-05-2013 05:27 PM

What we need is a pic of Lupo with the bear - asap!

Lumutqueen 03-05-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1523737)
What we need is a pic of Lupo with the bear - asap!

Photoshop here I come, think the papers will buy it?! Who am I kidding, of course they will. ;):lol:

cepe 03-05-2013 05:29 PM

Go for it - please!

Mariel 03-05-2013 05:29 PM

Once we know what she might be taking, we can tell if it's for a dog or a daughter or a duke. (maybe)

cepe 03-05-2013 05:35 PM

IT was a teddy bear

Lumutqueen 03-05-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mariel (Post 1523742)
Once we know what she might be taking, we can tell if it's for a dog or a daughter or a duke. (maybe)

She wouldn't say I'll take it for my duke would she?

julliette 03-05-2013 05:38 PM

It could have been "for my Dear son" or even "for my Dear baby" too

cepe 03-05-2013 05:39 PM

or my dear Queen - well she hasnt been well - lol

Archduchess Zelia 03-05-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1523731)
Could it be "i'll take that for my dog?" ;)

Actually the dogs I know all have a strange fondness for (tearing apart) teddy bears ... :tongue:
No, I know it's a stretch to imagine that she was gonna say another word, but it's just one hell of a freudian slip to accidentally reveal the sex of the future heir to the throne.

julliette 03-05-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1523719)
Did the press hear it or did a grimsby resident hear it or did a grimsby resident sell a story?

here's you answer
Grimsby resident Sandra Cook told me that when Kate was given a teddy she said she would take it 'for her d.....' and then stopped herself

When she pointed out Kate's mistake to her she blushed and insisted: 'We don't know.' Only another four months to wait to find out!

cepe 03-05-2013 05:45 PM

Sandra Cook will be v unpopular in Grimsby - and that's just for starters!

HRHHermione 03-05-2013 05:50 PM

Ha! When I first read that I immediately thought she was going to say "dog" and then realized how rude that would sound and stopped herself. As a dog person, that's exactly how I tend to think about smaller stuffed animals- dog toys.

Maybe I'm wrong, but dog seems to make more sense to me in context than "daughter".

cepe 03-05-2013 05:52 PM

I think we should all write to the DM and tell them that we know it was for Lupo but she was too polite to finish the sentence. We can tell them that our sources are "insiders"

royalistbert 03-05-2013 05:55 PM

In other words we do actually know but you will have to find out in 4 months time. ;)

Ish 03-05-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1523752)

She wouldn't say I'll take it for my duke would she?

If she was to say that I can't see why she's stop herself. Regardless of gender, the royal fetus is not going to be a duke yet - her duke is William. It's be better to continue on with the statement in that case.

Archduchess Zelia 03-05-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHHermione (Post 1523765)
Ha! When I first read that I immediately thought she was going to say "dog" and then realized how rude that would sound and stopped herself. As a dog person, that's exactly how I tend to think about smaller stuffed animals- dog toys.

Maybe I'm wrong, but dog seems to make more sense to me in context than "daughter".

I agree with you, and it would be a very legitimate reason to stop herself because Lupo probably wouldn't be too careful with it :whistling: :lol: Saying that she'd take it for her daughter would make sense if they baby was born already.

cepe 03-05-2013 06:07 PM

Or maybe Sandra Cook made it up

captive1princess 03-05-2013 06:23 PM

Could it possibly be "I'll take that for my d- dad?"

Just throwing it out there, frankly I think daughter or dog are the most likely.

Isabella 03-05-2013 06:29 PM

Things like this can so clearly be misinterpreted/misheard, especially if it's a comment that's being repeated and not heard directly by a reporter. Even if it was reported correctly, "dog" seems just as likely a response to me (I know my dog loves a stuffed toy to pull apart).

MichelleQ2 03-05-2013 06:33 PM

Reminds me of Jennifer Garner on Jay Leno a few years back

Jennifer Garner reveals her baby's gender - YouTube

julliette 03-05-2013 06:36 PM

Kate Middleton pregnant: 'I'll take a teddy for my d...' said Kate. Is that D for daughter, they asked: Duchess nearly slips as she tours Grimsby | Mail Online

cepe 03-05-2013 06:38 PM

HEADLINES on Thursday: Remains of bear found in Kensington Gardens on Wednesday; Police say "what was left was bearly recognisable". Police are looking for a dark, low down hound who has been seen lurking in the area.

Archduchess Zelia 03-05-2013 06:43 PM

I only hope that she doesn’t now give birth to a boy or I’m going to look pretty stupid,’ why yes, yes you are.

Mariel 03-05-2013 06:53 PM

Oh I see, a teddy bear. I didn't read that part somehow. Well, teddy bears can go to practically anyone. What else begins with a "d"? No, it has to be her daughter because she would insult the giver of the teddy bear if she meant "my delivery man" or "my dog sitter". It has to be daughter. That's really nice!

NGalitzine 03-05-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mariel (Post 1523800)
Oh I see, a teddy bear. I didn't read that part somehow. Well, teddy bears can go to practically anyone. What else begins with a "d"? No, it has to be her daughter because she would insult the giver of the teddy bear if she meant "my delivery man" or "my dog sitter". It has to be daughter. That's really nice!

Maybe that is why she stopped herself, because saying it was going the dog might offend. Aren't most such gifts given away anyway to various charities and hospitals.

Skippyboo 03-05-2013 07:04 PM

I am thinking dog. She stopped because it's rude to tell the person that giving it to you I am giving it to my dog instead of my baby. Just think of how many stuffed animals they get. Lupo has his choice of a chew toys.

Kate is too smart too let it slip. During the baby kicking conversation she refered to babycambridge as it. This women kept her engagement a secret for weeks even from her own mother. She kept her dress designer secret until her wedding day. Perhaps, it is a money making scheme, Kate says "d" then stops, odds for boy skyrockets. Private Sect. Rebecca places wager on boy come July they split the profits when it is a boy :)

hkittybaby 03-05-2013 07:06 PM

My feelings seem to be right: A GIRL Team pink :)

If she was saying 'D' for a dog why she stopped herself?? It's a girl for sure!

Mariel 03-05-2013 07:12 PM

That concept of stacking the odds is a brilliant one.

However, I say, Namers start your engines! I'm on the Alice team!