The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/)
-   -   Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/baby-cambridge-musings-and-suggestions-34427.html)

CanRoyal 01-15-2013 07:39 AM

:previous: Oh you don't have to worry about fascinators or anyone tipping off the press. It's a certainty to be announced in the news and on the telly when Kate is in the hospital in labour, so that the press and people can gather to celebrate a new and future heir to the throne! It's tradition! It's a celebration!

They certainly announced it on the news when Diana was taken to hospital in labour - see here: Prince William: How a CBS News Correspondent Came to Announce Royal's Birth to British People - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News
Quote:

We learned that Princess Diana had been taken to St. Mary's Hospital in labor early that morning.
and
Quote:

As news spread that Diana was at the hospital in the Paddington District of London, a crowd began gathering outside.

EIIR 01-15-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1505238)
Where did anyone say that? I simply stated that the press will know when Catherine is there, I'm not sure how they're going to know before it seems unlikely they'll announce it for obvious security reasons.

Of course sections of the press will know which hospital Kate will use beforehand, the royals won't need to announce it for the press to find out. As we saw at the KEVII hospital, there are ways for the media to find this stuff out without needing to rely on an official announcement.

There's bound to be an entire specially-selected team ready to go at a moment's notice at the hospital Will and Kate will use, security checks will have to be carried out in the days and weeks beforehand, their staff as well as the staff of the Queen and PoW are bound to know in the run up to the labour where it's going to happen. A brown envelope with a few notes in it slipped to the right person and the press will get plenty of info, confidentiality agreements or no.

Lumutqueen 01-15-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EIIR (Post 1505546)

Of course sections of the press will know which hospital Kate will use beforehand, the royals won't need to announce it for the press to find out. As we saw at the KEVII hospital, there are ways for the media to find this stuff out without needing to rely on an official announcement.

There's bound to be an entire specially-selected team ready to go at a moment's notice at the hospital Will and Kate will use, security checks will have to be carried out in the days and weeks beforehand, their staff as well as the staff of the Queen and PoW are bound to know in the run up to the labour where it's going to happen. A brown envelope with a few notes in it slipped to the right person and the press will get plenty of info, confidentiality agreements or no.

If that's true, i find it quite silly to tell people information they don't need to know for obvious reasons. Pick their team, and when Catherine goes into labour tell them then. Makes better sense to me so the info doesn't leak.
I never mentioned The Queen or POW or Catherine and William's staff not knowing so I'm sure why you mentioned them.

CanRoyal 01-15-2013 11:51 AM

:previous: I think you've pretty much got it, Lumutqueen - and I don't think you're old enough to remember when Diana had William (I am).

There was no internet back when William was born, but it wasn't the dark ages, either - TV, radio, newspapers and magazines were quite frenetic about getting Diana scoops. However, I distinctly remember hearing on the radio that Diana was at the hospital about to give birth and I saw it on the TV news as well and no one scooped anyone else. I can only think that the palace put it out there - so that the public knew - that William's birth was imminent because everyone knew. It was a historic occasion!

I was puzzled at first why people think there is going to be an attempt to keep things from the press/public when Kate goes into labour. And then I realized that the security breach fiasco surrounding Kate's hospital admission at King Edward Hospital for HG was colouring everyone's perception. But a significant number of royals have been having their babies, not at the hospital where Kate was for HG, but at St. Mary's Hospital. Anne led the way by having Peter and Zara there, Diana had both William and Harry at St. Mary's and other royal babies have been born at St. Mary's as well. There have been - to the best of my knowledge - no security breaches at all while royals have been having their babies at St. Mary's - so obviously they are not only have a top notch maternity and neonatal unit, but they are also well versed in security for royals and their newborns.

Do I know for sure that William and Kate will choose St. Mary's for the delivery of their child? No, of course not. Do I know for sure that it will be announced to the press (and therefore the public) that Kate is in labour? No, of course not. Do I know for sure that a public notice will be hung from the gates of Buckingham Palace? No, of course not.

But I'm pretty sure that William and Kate will not be heading back to King Edward VII hospital for their child's delivery, so where else are they going to go?

Dahliah 01-15-2013 12:16 PM

just wish them wellness and a good health for the baby :)

miche 01-15-2013 12:33 PM

Pick their teams so the media won't know? All that has to happen is for someone in the hospital to see them for the media to know. The news will get out faster if they do a Fred and Mary or a Jay-Z and Beyonce and hire out the whole hospital floor

That being said, I don't think they will hide it. The palace will announce it when she's in labor

EIIR 01-15-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1505551)
If that's true, i find it quite silly to tell people information they don't need to know for obvious reasons. Pick their team, and when Catherine goes into labour tell them then. Makes better sense to me so the info doesn't leak.
I never mentioned The Queen or POW or Catherine and William's staff not knowing so I'm sure why you mentioned them.

You claimed that you were "not sure how they're (the press) going to know before" Kate goes into hospital. My point was that it's incredibly simple for the press to know before an announcement is made. A quiet whisper in the ear of someone with knowledge (and there will be several people with such knowledge for logistical reasons) of Kate's plans for her labour and Bob's your uncle.

There is no possible way for royals to prevent leaks. They make announcements to make it all official and put it on record.

Lumutqueen 01-15-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EIIR (Post 1505593)
There is no possible way for royals to prevent leaks.

That's not true. You tell people you trust, I somehow doubt they're going to leak the information to forgo your trust. It's quite simple really.

CanRoyal 01-15-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumetqueen
...I simply stated that the press will know when Catherine is there, I'm not sure how they're going to know before it seems unlikely they'll announce it for obvious security reasons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by miche (Post 1505586)
...That being said, I don't think they will hide it. The palace will announce it when she's in labor

That's my point, it doesn't matter if someone "leaks" that they've seen Kate in the hospital because by that time (historically) it's been announced by the palace to everyone anyway. The link I provided appears to back my recollection (that the palace announces it as soon as Kate goes to/gets to the hospital) as this baby is likely to be on the throne one day, so it's a very historic, celebrated occasion.

casualfan 01-15-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1505605)

That's not true. You tell people you trust, I somehow doubt they're going to leak the information to forgo your trust. It's quite simple really.

Everyone can be deceived, unfortunately. People sell out for all sorts of reasons.

In the end, I hope they have strictest security at hospital because this is going to cause a huge furor of attention, even tho it really shouldn't, IMO.

EIIR 01-15-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

The royals don't have the luxury of only having to tell people they trust. For one thing, their police protection officers have to be informed well in advance of where the labour will take place so it can be made secure. As we saw with the PPOs who staff the gates at 10 Downing Street, such police officers are not at all averse to giving info to journalists in return for some form of quid pro quo.

Unfortunately, police in this country often cannot be trusted as Leveson, Hillsborough and 'Plebgate' have shown.

COESpiral 01-15-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

*snort* You put enough zeroes at the end of a figure and some people will happily sell you out. Yes, even people you thought you could trust. Pretty much the only people William and Kate can implicitly trust are their immediate family and maybe a few security people. Everyone else can be, unfortunately, suspect. That's just the way things are.

cepe 01-15-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COESpiral (Post 1505655)
*snort* You put enough zeroes at the end of a figure and some people will happily sell you out. Yes, even people you thought you could trust. Pretty much the only people William and Kate can implicitly trust are their immediate family and maybe a few security people. Everyone else can be, unfortunately, suspect. That's just the way things are.

I don't think that hospital staff and staff working for the BRF are not to be trusted. Your perceptions come across as very cynical. :ermm:

Anyway, what will actually happen (IMO) is paps will be parked outside KP on an ongoing basis - regardless of pregnancy because its what they did to Diana and they will do it to the Cambridges as well. She will be seen to leave KP and the word will be out in approx. 10 secs. Other paps will rush to, I assume, St Marys. They won't be anywhere near the entrance that the couple will use. There will be no visitors. William and Catherine will leave by the front door hopefully 24-36 hours later and the baby-fest will ensue.

Dman 01-15-2013 06:30 PM

I do think the Middletons will visit Catherine and the baby in the hospital. Possibly Charles & Camilla and Harry will too.

royalistbert 01-15-2013 06:33 PM

Here is what's going to happen:

1. Kate goes into labour and is driven to the hospital. The palace lets the media know that she is in labour.

2. The media set up camp outside the Hospital waiting for news.

3. Kate gives birth, the palace announces it.

4. William and Kate emerge from the hospital with baby for a photo op.

:flowers:

cepe 01-15-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1505666)
I do think the Middletons will visit Catherine and the baby in the hospital. Possibly Charles & Camilla and Harry will too.

It has never happened - truly! Its cos they are never in there long enough. Husbands were the only visitors that I can remember, though happy to be told otherwise.

Generally speaking royals dont visit royals in hospital. Only time I remember is Prince PHilip and (I think) Princess Margaret.

CORRECTION: It wasn't Princess Margaret, it was the Queen Mother

Dman 01-15-2013 07:17 PM

Well, I do remember The Queen visiting Anne, Diana and Sarah when they gave birth. Diana's parents visited her in the hospital. Diana even visited Sarah while she was in hospital after giving birth. I don't understand why you may think royals don't visit each other in the hospital after giving birth.

cepe 01-15-2013 07:20 PM

Because I dont remember what you remember

EllieCat 01-15-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Generally speaking royals dont visit royals in hospital. Only time I remember is Prince PHilip and (I think) Princess Margaret.
i believe The Queen visited Sophie in hospital after the birth of Lady Louise.

cepe 01-15-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllieCat (Post 1505682)
i believe The Queen visited Sophie in hospital after the birth of Lady Louise.

Yes she did for Louise, because Sophie was seriously ill - apologies for missing that one. I've seen a quote that describes that visit as "unprecedented". I think that generally they dont do hospital visits (or funerals for that matter) because its could be disruptive and removes the focus on the important person or family.

I understood that generally they send flowers and telephone - this also (hopefully) enables private and longer chats.

soapstar 01-15-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1505670)
It has never happened - truly! Its cos they are never in there long enough. Husbands were the only visitors that I can remember, though happy to be told otherwise.

When Fergie gave birth to Beatrice, her family came to visit - dad, mom and stepmom. Even Princess Diana showed up (she brought Harry and William with her).

So I think it's a good bet that the Middletons will visit Kate. And since they are so close, they may even be there when she gives birth.

COESpiral 01-15-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1505659)
I don't think that hospital staff and staff working for the BRF are not to be trusted. Your perceptions come across as very cynical. :ermm:

Yep, sure do. A friend of mine that worked in the media and was a minor celebrity in my city was attacked a few years ago and rushed to the hospital. Due to security reasons no one was told what floor of the hospital she was on, we just gathered in one of the hospital's waiting rooms to support her family. Not even her best friends could see her, even though her family knew they wouldn't say anything. Yet a few people that worked in the hospital thought it was their business to find out themselves, look at my friend's chart, and after my friend passed away, share with others what her condition had been and what caused her death. Of course her family had to sue because those employees knew full well what they were doing, but did it anyway.

So yes, I'm suspicious and if I were in William and Kate's shoes I'd have a problem trusting people, too. While I'm sure most individuals mean well and really wouldn't share any information, that doesn't hold true for everyone. Unfortunately, one bad apple spoils the bunch.

scooter 01-15-2013 08:38 PM

Really, this presents a strong argument for a royal child to be born in the palace. I believe that I have read that there is a full trauma/procedure room at the palace. Surely it could be fitted for a c section, etc.

Frelinghighness 01-15-2013 08:58 PM

I would certainly want to have an "at home" baby with all the trimmings.
Didn't QUII give birth in the palace?

soapstar 01-15-2013 09:14 PM

Yes. She gave birth to Charles, Andrew and Edward at Buckingham Palace. Anne was born at Clarence House

MichelleQ2 01-15-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1505670)

CORRECTION: It wasn't Princess Margaret, it was the Queen Mother

When beatrice was born, Sarah's family along with Di and the boys visited her in the hospital
https://www.people.com/people/archive...099788,00.html

And apparently when Eugenie was born HM made a 'rare' appearance as did Diana to visit Sarah in the hospital https://www.people.com/people/archive...117306,00.html

CanRoyal 01-15-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royalistbert (Post 1505668)
Here is what's going to happen:

1. Kate goes into labour and is driven to the hospital. The palace lets the media know that she is in labour.

2. The media set up camp outside the Hospital waiting for news.

3. Kate gives birth, the palace announces it.

4. William and Kate emerge from the hospital with baby for a photo op.

:flowers:

^ This! :clap:

:mountie:

casualfan 01-15-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frelinghighness (Post 1505697)
I would certainly want to have an "at home" baby with all the trimmings.
Didn't QUII give birth in the palace?

Trimmings? From a birth? :awkward:

hkittybaby 01-16-2013 06:54 AM

Just wondering .. Which month the royal baby will be christened? I'm thinking on september/october

Lumutqueen 01-16-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkittybaby (Post 1505790)
Just wondering .. Which month the royal baby will be christened? I'm thinking on september/october

James was born in December, christened in April. William was born in June, baptised in August. Lady Louise was born in November and baptised in April. Beatrice was born in August and baptised in December. Eugenie was born in March and not baptised until December. 4 months seems to standard for most royal christenings.

We won't know the actual christening date until the baby is born.

Quote:

Originally Posted by casualfan (Post 1505716)

The poster said and at home birth with all the trimmings, i.e. relaxing music, comfort of your own bed, your family surrounding you nobody else screaming down the corridor etc.

Frelinghighness 01-16-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casualfan (Post 1505716)

What I meant was a "home birth" in a palace would be much more upgraded than your traditional home birth with no additional equipment/ie operating theater and trauma room and usually just a midwife.

The additional hospital equipment, complete with doctors and nurses, were the "trimmings" to which I referred.
Certainly not a typical home birth, but a royal palace home birth experienced by QEII and QSilvia.
did QSofia give birth at home too?

EIIR 01-16-2013 08:53 AM

I could be wrong, but I think casualfan was joking with that comment.

Even if the baby was born at the Palace, as we've seen before there's many a staff member in the palaces who would be willing to give tip offs to journalists. They've signed confidentiality agreements but they're not really worth the paper they're written on.

CanRoyal 01-16-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frelinghighness (Post 1505697)
...Didn't QUII give birth in the palace?

HM did indeed give birth to Prince Charles and Prince Andrew at Buckingham Palace (see point 18. at the British Monarchy's Official Website here : Fact files > 40 facts about Buckingham Palace ) ; Princess Anne was born at Clarence House; and interestingly, it is always claimed that Prince Edward was born at Buckingham Palace, but the monarchy's own website with a fact page on Buckingham Palace is silent on this.

After Edward, royals have given birth in hospitals, the first was Princess Anne, who chose St. Mary's to give birth to both of her children and several royals, including Diana followed.

St. Mary's apparently has homelike birthing rooms and an excellent neonatal unit. I would expect that the concern - fright? - that William and Kate have experienced over her HG would be enough to lead them to pick a hospital over a home birth. And I expect them to pick St. Mary's.

Mirabel 01-16-2013 09:10 AM

I read that the Queen visited Diana in the hospital when she gave birth to William.https://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=6823,1501693

(I don't know if she did when Harry was born).

CanRoyal 01-16-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EIIR (Post 1505819)

Even if the baby was born at the Palace, as we've seen before there's many a staff member in the palaces who would be willing to give tip offs to journalists. They've signed confidentiality agreements but they're not really worth the paper they're written on.

Not sure why you think William and Kate would want their child born at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

hkittybaby 01-16-2013 09:33 AM

The baby will be born in hospital for sure :) St Mary's hospital or King Edward VII will be among their choices

CanRoyal 01-16-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkittybaby (Post 1505832)
The baby will be born in hospital for sure :) St Mary's hospital or King Edward VII will be among their choices

I agree with St Mary's but would think that they will not return to King Edward VII.

hkittybaby 01-16-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanRoyal (Post 1505838)
I agree with St Mary's but would think that they will not return to King Edward VII.

I think King Edward VII is still a strong possibility although St Mary's hospital is more likely to be their choice

CanRoyal 01-16-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkittybaby (Post 1505849)
I think King Edward VII is still a strong possibility although St Mary's hospital is more likely to be their choice

I just checked (and I did not know this until I checked) but here on the King Edward website:
London Hospital, Private Hospital London, London Private Hospital, King Edward VII Sister Agnes
it is stated that they only treat patients 18 years and older, and they don't list a neonatal unit.

I'm sticking with St. Mary's, but maybe you want to change your opinion to St. Mary's or some other maternity hospital in London. ;) :flowers:

hkittybaby 01-16-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanRoyal (Post 1505857)
I just checked (and I did not know this until I checked) but here on the King Edward website:
London Hospital, Private Hospital London, London Private Hospital, King Edward VII Sister Agnes
it is stated that they only treat patients 18 years and older, and they don't list a neonatal unit.

I'm sticking with St. Mary's, but maybe you want to change your opinion to St. Mary's or some other maternity hospital in London. ;) :flowers:

Just checked the website:flowers: you are right!

casualfan 01-16-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EIIR (Post 1505819)

that was indeed the case :smile:

Lumutqueen 01-16-2013 11:53 AM

Let's see what other location options we have for Cambridge Baby No1;

1. St Mary's Hospital, London - William and Henry were born there along with cousins Zara and Peter, the 3 children of The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and the 2 children of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent.
2. Portland Hospital, London - birthplace of Beatrice and Eugenie and all of the Spice Girls.
3. Royal Berkshire Hospital - birthplace of Catherine and Pippa.

A fourth option could be a welsh hospital, just in case she's stuck.

hkittybaby 01-16-2013 12:23 PM

I think the baby will be born in London so I bet St Mary's Hospital or Portland Hospital. I expect her to stay in London during her last months of pregnancy in case the baby comes earlier

QUEENECE29 01-16-2013 12:46 PM

I hope that is born in July 1. Be the same as Princess Diana. And I hope that the name of Princess Diana. Great, a lucky baby ...

Lumutqueen 01-16-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 (Post 1505892)
I hope that is born in July 1. Be the same as Princess Diana. And I hope that the name of Princess Diana. Great, a lucky baby ...

Oh yes, that will be a lucky baby. :whistling:

GracieGiraffe 01-16-2013 03:08 PM

I refuse to touch the subject of Diana herself.

I have no idea what luck this child will or won't have by its name or birthdate, but I am virtually certain that a Princess Diana born on July 1, 2013 will mean a very, very lucky media.

Lumutqueen 01-16-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe (Post 1505949)
will mean a very, very lucky media.

You got that right, they could feed off that alone for years. :lol:

soapstar 01-16-2013 03:25 PM

A baby born on July 1st and named Diana would be great for the media, but so bad for the child. She would forever be compared to her grandmother.

4Pam 01-16-2013 03:27 PM

No Princess Diana on July 1, 2013. Why anyone would want that is beyond me.

There are already plenty of expectations for this child and he/she isn't even born yet.

GracieGiraffe 01-16-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Pam (Post 1505957)
No Princess Diana on July 1, 2013. Why anyone would want that is beyond me.

There are already plenty of expectations for this child and he/she isn't even born yet.

Especially if it's a boy..... could you just imagine.....:ermm:

AdmirerUS 01-16-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1505881)
Let's see what other location options we have for Cambridge Baby No1; ...
A fourth option could be a welsh hospital, just in case she's stuck.

Here comes a terrible joke that I could not resist. If the DOC is stuck in labor, then she's presenting breach (rather than stuck). You may all groan now. :eek::argh::brows:

Mariel 01-20-2013 02:19 AM

If Kate's helping Charles with a Valentine party, she will probably wear a transitional loose top (not totally maternity yet, but looser) with a heart motive on it. First sighting of maternity wear?

Osipi 01-20-2013 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mariel (Post 1506987)
If Kate's helping Charles with a Valentine party, she will probably wear a transitional loose top (not totally maternity yet, but looser) with a heart motive on it. First sighting of maternity wear?

Quick!! Someone make up and send Kate a maternity stylish T-top with

"Love Is... Staying up all night with a sick kid OR a healthy adult" :biggrin:

angieuk 01-26-2013 01:55 PM

Princess Diana Remembered - William & Kate News

Lots of magazine articles on Kate's pregnancy. Double/click on page to enlarge the text.

Interesting article half way down the page. LOOK MAGAZINE, KATE'S PREGNANCY STRESS; RACKED WITH GUILT! Article where she is wearing a white coat.

Double click on page to make text larger for reading.

someonelikeyou 01-27-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COESpiral

Yep, sure do. A friend of mine that worked in the media and was a minor celebrity in my city was attacked a few years ago and rushed to the hospital. Due to security reasons no one was told what floor of the hospital she was on, we just gathered in one of the hospital's waiting rooms to support her family. Not even her best friends could see her, even though her family knew they wouldn't say anything. Yet a few people that worked in the hospital thought it was their business to find out themselves, look at my friend's chart, and after my friend passed away, share with others what her condition had been and what caused her death. Of course her family had to sue because those employees knew full well what they were doing, but did it anyway.

I am so sorry for your friend. You aren't talking, by chance, of Anne Pressly are you?

anbrida 01-28-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soapstar (Post 1505955)
A baby born on July 1st and named Diana would be great for the media, but so bad for the child. She would forever be compared to her grandmother.

Agree:flowers: Hope it is not July 1st.

Can I try my luck here? I bet it will be a June baby and the date will be June 26th.

KPWillie 01-31-2013 07:53 PM

I really think William will have either Diana or Frances or Spencer somewhere in the name of his firstborn child.

GracieGiraffe 01-31-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPWillie (Post 1511907)
I really think William will have either Diana or Frances or Spencer somewhere in the name of his firstborn child.

If Diana is not in the name, I will fall over. And we giraffes always remain standing....

scooter 01-31-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 1507000)
Quick!! Someone make up and send Kate a maternity stylish T-top with

"Love Is... Staying up all night with a sick kid OR a healthy adult" :biggrin:

Or the very worst...a sick husband...Mine has had an assortment of medical issues the last couple of years. I swear there is nothing worse than a crabby post medical issue man.

NGalitzine 01-31-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooter (Post 1511924)
Or the very worst...a sick husband...Mine has had an assortment of medical issues the last couple of years. I swear there is nothing worse than a crabby post medical issue man.

Try living with a PMSing woman.

Mariel 02-01-2013 12:56 AM

Gracie, I think you will have to fall over. I expect they will avoid the name Diana to avoid the press chatter. Or they might use Frances, Diana's middle name.
But let's see, here's a name with Diana in it: Alice Diana Margaret Irene. "Irene" means peace and calm! Just tossing out names, Gracie, so you won't need to fall over.

Osipi 02-01-2013 07:26 AM

Slow news day???

I saw this blip yesterday on my Huffington news page but I kind of ignored it as it was by a Hollywood type e-rag. Out of curiosity, this morning I did a search and quite a few Hollywood type e-rags are reporting the same thing.

Perhaps I missed the straightforward news reportings but I seriously doubt it. What it boils down to is that Kate is supposedly wanting her mum Carole to be the royal nanny once the baby is born. Somehow I really have to seriously doubt this although I'm sure Carole will be on hand when the child first arrives to help out when needed as most mothers are. Just thought I'd give you all a big laugh of the day. :biggrin:

Kate Middleton Chooses Royal Nanny & We Approve | The Stir

Lumutqueen 02-01-2013 07:29 AM

That's hilarious! Slow news day indeed.

hkittybaby 02-01-2013 07:47 AM

What a lot of rubbish!!!

Obviously Carole as a grandmother will help her daughter with her baby but a nanny? Please!

She's already a job

GracieGiraffe 02-01-2013 10:30 AM

Irene IS a royal name - used by several descendants of Queen Victoria. I'm not a fan, but the meaning is very nice "peace, calm" They sure need it.

You can name that baby "Calm Blue Oceans" and the hysteria surrounding it will be anything but....;)

But it would be nice to see them branch out a bit with these royal names for something rarely used but royal.

Carole as nanny? Huffington Post sometimes posts the outrageous, knowing it's ridiculous, because the amount of clicks and comments are their bread and butter. So they will pick up on this stuff. When some rag makes a suggestion that the Duggar mother act as wet-nurse, I'm sure they'll post that too..... :whistling:

wymanda 02-01-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe (Post 1512117)
Carole as nanny? Huffington Post sometimes posts the outrageous, knowing it's ridiculous, because the amount of clicks and comments are their bread and butter. So they will pick up on this stuff. When some rag makes a suggestion that the Duggar mother act as wet-nurse, I'm sure they'll post that too..... :whistling:

and they will adopt Honeybooboo as a playmate!!! :ohmy::lol::ohmy::lol:

GracieGiraffe 02-01-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wymanda (Post 1512307)
and they will adopt Honeybooboo as a playmate!!! :ohmy::lol::ohmy::lol:

Ah, yes, the BooBoo family will no doubt take the little princess to Toddler and Tiara pageants all over middle Georgia.

That would be TLC's wildest fantasy! :rofl:

cepe 02-01-2013 08:11 PM

This story has been around for a few days and its source is the so-called friend from MArlborough days who now resides in Australia. Her name is Jessica Hay.

She is also the source of the "Kate had pix of William on her wall at school", a story which Catherine denied in her engagement interview.

COESpiral 02-01-2013 10:19 PM

Her again? Either William and Kate are using her as some kind of smokescreen to get news out to the media without being overly blatant about it or this chick is doing some serious mind voodoo in order to get them to talk. You'd think as often as she runs to the press that Kate would have cut off all contact with her.

Mariel 02-01-2013 11:06 PM

I love "Irene" because it goes with Alice. Alice Irene sounds nice. With the child being called Alice by the family, just formally Alice Irene. I so love the meaning, because calm and peace will be needed by this family. But Alice Diana is good too, and getting the Diana in there so it sounds right is a task. If you have Alice Diana then you can add on whatever else is honoring the right people, such as Carole, or the Queen, or Anne. Anne was not honored by Wills' parents in the godparent roll and it is time for that. I think the godfolks should come from the Gloucesters, the Princess Royal, and of course the Middletons. If there is room for more, the Wessexes. They are people who are the great supports of the Queen. I suppose the Cambridges have their own great supports.
Don't know who they are.

ghost_night554 02-02-2013 05:52 PM

Where do I post this I'm confused. ETA full photo here: Kate Middleton Debuts Baby Bump for First Time: Pictures - UsMagazine.com

Archduchess Zelia 02-02-2013 06:37 PM

Can't make out if that's a baby bump or it's just her shawl hanging loose.

GracieGiraffe 02-02-2013 06:56 PM

OMG.... under all of those layers...... lies The Fetus........

Swoon!

Thud.

cepe 02-02-2013 06:58 PM

I'm getting uncomfortable with this. There is absolutely no privacy at all now - can't go anywhere. She'll end up doing what royals have always done - ask the shops to deliver on appro.

What are we creating?

royalistbert 02-02-2013 06:59 PM

Her face looks fuller in second pic. I think she has gained some weight her legs look thicker to me. ;)

royalistbert 02-02-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1512648)
I'm getting uncomfortable with this. There is absolutely no privacy at all now - can't go anywhere. She'll end up doing what royals have always done - ask the shops to deliver on appro.

What are we creating?

She is walking on public road so this is to be expected. :flowers:

HRHHermione 02-02-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1512648)

What are we creating?

I'm feeling the same way, more and more. I love royal watching but I'm happy to confine that to official events when they're on duty. This reporting on her every move and trying to get pictures of her belly makes me very uncomfortable.

GracieGiraffe 02-02-2013 07:06 PM

Royals and celebs have always had far less privacy then us regular Joe's. With the advent of the internet, we regular Joe's have lost a lot of our privacy, and the royals a proportionately larger loss.

The only way to stop it is to change the privacy laws; and I don't know how you can make illegal reports on activity out in public. Any hugely popular royal is always photographed on the street. When CP Mary was pregnant the first time, I believe her every move was tracked.
Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHHermione (Post 1512655)
I'm feeling the same way, more and more. I love royal watching but I'm happy to confine that to official events when they're on duty. This reporting on her every move and trying to get pictures of her belly makes me very uncomfortable.

The only way to put a stop to it is to help by voting with your keystroke. Don't click on the article showing her out and about on her private rounds.

NGalitzine 02-02-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe (Post 1512656)
Royals and celebs have always had far less privacy then us regular Joe's. With the advent of the internet, we regular Joe's have lost a lot of our privacy, and the royals a proportionately larger loss.

The difference being that the regular Joe's have willingly given up their own privacy, and that of their friends, through Facebook, Twitter and now no longer understand the concept of privacy and certainly show less respect for the privacy of others. They have become what the paps were once condemned for.

GracieGiraffe 02-02-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGalitzine (Post 1512681)
The difference being that the regular Joe's have willingly given up their own privacy, and that of their friends, through Facebook, Twitter and now no longer understand the concept of privacy and certainly show less respect for the privacy of others. They have become what the paps were once condemned for.

Actually, through my work at times I have to gather a lot of information on people. It's not simply facebook and twitter (although yes, many a person hangs themselves there). Court records of all sorts, and real estate records are now online. As are arrest records, and all kinds of newspapers.

This information was ALWAYS out there, but it took a bit of doing going down to the court house and filling out requests. Now I just gather it with a few keystrokes.

And then there are all of the public cameras out there.

cepe 02-02-2013 08:10 PM

This is going slightly off topic and maybe merits a new thread. But if you were William and Catherine how would you protect your child in the future?

Charles brokered a deal with the UK media to protect William and Harry - all pre Twitter, Facebook, mobiles with cameras. What is ahead for Baby Cambridge? It is not looking good and is, in addition, a security nightmare.

GracieGiraffe 02-02-2013 08:15 PM

Some sort of deal will have to be made - or perhaps legislation on protection of minors, even those in the public eye.

I am of the opinion that once that baby arrives and has been around for a time, some of the frenzy will die down.

I don't disagree that this is a tremendous problem.

But these photos are money shots and the only way to make them not money shots is to act as a group and not view them. Money talks.

Mariel 02-02-2013 08:58 PM

I looked at the picture of Kate, and she does look distended in front, but not in a bump manner. We talked about this on some thread. Some tall girls don't get a bump early, they rather a fullness or distention of the lower ab area. The bump appears later than in short girls. I disagreed with the commenters on the bump-viewing site who say they saw no bump. No, no bump but definitely a pregnancy protrusion. Kate never had ANY abdominal protrusion before this, was flat as a pancake.

Archduchess Zelia 02-02-2013 08:59 PM

I don't know how it's like in the UK but here in Denmark the tabloids are being somewhat more considerate when it comes to the royal children. It's very rare that they have their picture taken unless they're out with their parents or in some official matter. Obviously though, there's a way bigger hype about the Cambridge baby.

miche 02-02-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mariel (Post 1512698)
... I disagreed with the commenters on the bump-viewing site who say they saw no bump.

What bump viewing site?

Mariel 02-13-2013 12:23 PM

Sorry, Miche, I forget the site on TRF, but there was one on Miss Honoria Glossip's site.
There are lots of interesting pictures, mostly royal but some others. The pictures was on the Glossip site before the Duchess went on vacation, in a cape which shows some degree of protruberance.
I go to Miss Honoria Glossip nearly every day to see the pics. They showed Kate walking in a cape, and she has no bump but she is expanding some below the waist, typical of long-waisted women like Kate. Kate won't show a bump-like protrusion until later, at least over five months.

HereditaryPrincess 02-13-2013 02:28 PM

Does anyone wonder sometimes what brand of clothes Baby Cambridge will wear? I was discussing this with my mother last week and we think that if it's a girl, the baby might wear some clothes from Jigsaw as Catherine used to work there. I'm not sure if they still do children's wear but when I was 9, I had a party skirt, which I loved, from there. Also, Jigsaw only sell girl's children's wear so that's why I bought this up ;).

GracieGiraffe 02-15-2013 11:44 AM

I'm quite certain that there will be a giraffe motif for The Child's room.

4Pam 02-15-2013 11:51 AM

^ or horses. Maybe some zebras & elephants. :)

Osipi 02-15-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Pam (Post 1517381)
^ or horses. Maybe some zebras & elephants. :)

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was wombats. :biggrin:

KittyAtlanta 02-15-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe (Post 1517378)
I'm quite certain that there will be a giraffe motif for The Child's room.

I'm voting for kitties!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess (Post 1516647)
Does anyone wonder sometimes what brand of clothes Baby Cambridge will wear? I was discussing this with my mother last week and we think that if it's a girl, the baby might wear some clothes from Jigsaw as Catherine used to work there. I'm not sure if they still do children's wear but when I was 9, I had a party skirt, which I loved, from there. Also, Jigsaw only sell girl's children's wear so that's why I bought this up ;).

The Child probably won't wear Baby Dior, but to me, they have the cutest clothes.

CanRoyal 02-15-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1512687)
This is going slightly off topic and maybe merits a new thread. But if you were William and Catherine how would you protect your child in the future?

Charles brokered a deal with the UK media to protect William and Harry - all pre Twitter, Facebook, mobiles with cameras. What is ahead for Baby Cambridge? It is not looking good and is, in addition, a security nightmare.

If I were William and Kate, I'd make good use of 'their' website Homepage .

I'd have Kate get out her camera and have her (and William) take candids and post one or two photos on their website - every week or so. Furthermore, I'd make money off the pics (the way the paps do) and donate that money directly to their charities.

Beat the paps at their own game, as it were.

royalistbert 02-15-2013 05:44 PM

:previous: I think they may just do this. Look at recent of examples William putting pictures of him at work.

Molly2101 02-15-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanRoyal (Post 1517464)

I'd have Kate get out her camera and have her (and William) take candids and post one or two photos on their website - every week or so. Furthermore, I'd make money off the pics (the way the paps do) and donate that money directly to their charities.

They could get great uncle Andrew to take some photos as well. Edward and Sophie used the money from photo's released of Lady Louise for charities. Wills and Kate will hopefully do the same.

Ish 02-15-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanRoyal (Post 1517464)

That is a genius idea and I hope they do it (or at least something like it).

AfricanAUSSIE 02-15-2013 08:33 PM

I too was going to suggest Andrew as the family photographer so that the images are controlled and the baby left alone...But perhaps his latest debacle will not allow them to use him?

Also, his closeness to his X-wife could be an issue for the Queen?

Kate is supposedly a photographer. Kate could use timer shots to include herself in the photos. I have done it successfully. She of course should be able to photograph baby (with Willl or without) and make chosen images available for media release on the condition that the media leave them alone.

Grandma828 02-15-2013 08:37 PM

Someone should write them and make the suggestion. In Denmark, Mary photographs the children.

Dman 02-15-2013 08:50 PM

Most likely William & Catherine will release pictures of the baby.

LadyCatharine 02-16-2013 03:13 PM

Puppies,and very traditional British

Lumutqueen 02-16-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyCatharine (Post 1517791)
Puppies,and very traditional British

Excuse me? Reply in the wrong thread perhaps.