The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/)
-   -   Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/baby-cambridge-musings-and-suggestions-34427.html)

Zonk 04-03-2012 10:13 PM

Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

https://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...dge275x250.png

Welcome to the thread

Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

for the first-born child of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Please note that all posts relating to the name and godparents of Baby Cambridge
should be posted in the 'Potential Names and Godparents' thread.

Enjoy, and thanks!

Warren, wbenson and Zonk
British Forum Moderators

christythedreamer 12-30-2012 11:31 PM

It would be a double bliss if kate's carrying twins :)

Camm2 12-31-2012 12:00 AM

Proof the RAF gets it done.

Congrats, Kate and Lt. Wales.

Osipi 12-31-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1499658)
Yeah, the Prince of Wales is very into lavender. He has several lavender products at his store.

And he most likely knows all the benefits of this plant too. Its one of those plants that has many therapeutic qualities to it

Mariel 12-31-2012 12:11 AM

Lavender and orange are the only aromatics I tolerate. I love some tea my son bought which is Earl Grey with added Lavender. Incredible. I can understand why the Prince of Wales is a lavender user.

Dman 01-01-2013 02:31 AM

TRH The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge will become parents for the first time this year.

Let's get this party started.

angieuk 01-01-2013 06:54 AM

1 January 2013
Today on ITV1 from 7:00pm to 8:00pm

TV Guide | What's on TV - ITV

Royal Babies Airing 1 January 2013
Nothing unites the nation in celebration like the birth of a royal baby, whose destiny is one day to be our King or Queen. Following the announcement that Kate and William are expecting their first child, this programme takes a look at royal pregnancies, births and babies. There is an insight into what lies ahead for the new prince or princess, and stories from those who were witness to previous births. There is also some rare footage of the young Princess Elizabeth, and of Prince William as a toddler playing with baby Harry. The child born to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will be more historically significant than any born before. With the change to the 300-year-old succession laws, a first-born girl will become Queen, regardless of any male siblings she may have.

Older Documentary Royal Baby 2012
Wills and Kate: Baby Fever - Wills and Kate: Baby Fever - YouTube

HereditaryPrincess 01-01-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angieuk (Post 1500168)
1 January 2013
Today on ITV1 from 7:00pm to 8:00pm

TV Guide | What's on TV - ITV

Royal Babies – Airing 1 January 2013
Nothing unites the nation in celebration like the birth of a royal baby, whose destiny is one day to be our King or Queen. Following the announcement that Kate and William are expecting their first child, this programme takes a look at royal pregnancies, births and babies. There is an insight into what lies ahead for the new prince or princess, and stories from those who were witness to previous births. There is also some rare footage of the young Princess Elizabeth, and of Prince William as a toddler playing with baby Harry. The child born to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will be more historically significant than any born before. With the change to the 300-year-old succession laws, a first-born girl will become Queen, regardless of any male siblings she may have.

Older Documentary Royal Baby 2012
Wills and Kate: Baby Fever - Wills and Kate: Baby Fever - YouTube

I've seen the documentary a couple of times on TV, and it was quite interesting.

Duke-of-Earl 01-03-2013 09:37 PM

KELOLAND.com | When Morning Sickness Is Extreme
Quote:

Since the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, started suffering from extreme morning sickness, there's been more attention on the pregnancy complication. But some women in KELOLAND are all too familiar with the condition

scooter 01-04-2013 10:24 AM

I was lucky enough to not have morning sickness at all, but I know some who have been sick all day, every day, for the whole time. I hope Kate is not afflicted for much longer.

Mariel 01-04-2013 10:37 AM

Reading this article from the Keloland link, I see I did not have sufficient medical help for my condition when I was pregnant many years ago. It is suggested IV fluids several times a week are needed...I only received them twice, in the hospital, and was not advised to come in for more, even though the condition persisted so that I was unable to do anything but sit all day, and my husband was angry at me and said it was all in my head. I could not take a multi-vitamin or any vitamin pill, as the article suggests. Kate is undoubtedly receiving better treatment than I had. At the time, I thought most women must suffer like this. The article says one in three hundred have it. I thought it was more or less routine. How ignorant we are. But I did pull out of it at three and a half months. My marriage was over, however, without sufficient advice or help. My husband lied to me and said the doctor agreed it was "all in my head." The doctor I saw after I moved to live with my parents said this HG is NEVER in the head. A bad bad time, painful to remember.

Osipi 01-04-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mariel (Post 1501468)
Reading this article from the Keloland link, I see I did not have sufficient medical help for my condition when I was pregnant many years ago. It is suggested IV fluids several times a week are needed...I only received them twice, in the hospital, and was not advised to come in for more, even though the condition persisted so that I was unable to do anything but sit all day, and my husband was angry at me and said it was all in my head. I could not take a multi-vitamin or any vitamin pill, as the article suggests. Kate is undoubtedly receiving better treatment than I had. At the time, I thought most women must suffer like this. The article says one in three hundred have it. I thought it was more or less routine. How ignorant we are. But I did pull out of it at three and a half months. My marriage was over, however, without sufficient advice or help. My husband lied to me and said the doctor agreed it was "all in my head." The doctor I saw after I moved to live with my parents said this HG is NEVER in the head. A bad bad time, painful to remember.

There were a lot of doctors back then that thought a lot of "wimmen folk" ailments were all in our heads. PMS had not be "invented" yet and for that monthly pain, I was put on good old heavy duty narcotics... Darvon. For morning sickness, I was prescribed Wellbutrin which now would be a big no-no for a pregnant woman. The doctors just didn't know enough back then. I also had problems with the hubby during this time.. he just didn't know or understand (or want to know) what pregnancy can do.

Although I really feel for Kate having to go through severe HG as she has been, I do think that her experiences are sending out a beacon of light to women all over the world that this is a very debilitating illness during pregnancy and strives to advise and inform. If one healthier baby is born into the world (and Kate's also) because of Kate's sickness, she will have accomplished what a 3000 page medical report cannot.

HRHHermione 01-04-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi

Although I really feel for Kate having to go through severe HG as she has been, I do think that her experiences are sending out a beacon of light to women all over the world that this is a very debilitating illness during pregnancy and strives to advise and inform. If one healthier baby is born into the world (and Kate's also) because of Kate's sickness, she will have accomplished what a 3000 page medical report cannot.

Agreed. I normally don't compare them, but in this case I think it's true: Kate's doing for HG what Diana did for bulimia. Her experience has been terrible for her and I feel bad for her, but at the same time, I appreciate the awareness it's bringing to the condition.

Mariel 01-04-2013 12:31 PM

Osipi and Hermione, I agree. Kate's experience is making this HG problem known.

Dman 01-07-2013 12:38 PM

I wonder if the palace will announce ,at some point, the month HRH is due to give birth?

GracieGiraffe 01-07-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1502530)
I wonder if the palace will announce ,at some point, the month HRH is due to give birth?

My guess is that in due course a member of the press will ask Will or Kate, and they will tell them the ETA.

I think it's due around Diana's birthday. Wouldn't that be something?

hkittybaby 01-07-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

I think an annoucement of this kind is imminent:flowers:

MichelleQ2 01-07-2013 01:03 PM

I dont expect them to give a specific due date. I think something vague as "early summer" is all we will get. Can you imagine the entire country watching as a date passed?

cepe 01-07-2013 01:10 PM

Royal reporters were speculating on twitter today that as Prince Charles was now talking about the pregnancy, the Duchess is probably in her 2nd trimester.

genegirl99 01-07-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 (Post 1502542)
I dont expect them to give a specific due date. I think something vague as "early summer" is all we will get. Can you imagine the entire country watching as a date passed?

Awwwww....come on it'd be fun to mess with the media.... :whistling: I think a majority of the people know that babies don't always come on time...

hkittybaby 01-07-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 (Post 1502542)

I do think so. If they say "early summer" it means she's due in late june/early july:flowers:

Dman 01-07-2013 01:47 PM

I'm not really expecting an actual date to to be announced but at least the month expected.

hkittybaby 01-07-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1502550)
I'm not really expecting an actual date to to be announced but at least the month expected.

I agree with you:flowers:

LauraS3514 01-08-2013 10:51 PM

My guess-timate is that the baby is due in August. Here's my reasoning: Diana's pregnancy with William was announced the first week of November and he was born June 21. We know that the announcement of Catherine's pregnancy was brought forward by at least a month due to the HG, so they wouldn't otherwise have said anything until about now. November/June extrapolates to January/August. :smile:

Osipi 01-08-2013 11:12 PM

I have a feeling that Kate was around 7-8 weeks pregnant at the beginning of November (they just said she hadn't reached the 12 week stage yet). I think its a very good possibility that the Cambridge's first child could be born on Great Grandpa Philip's birthday. I think that would be so wonderful. To top it off, if a girl, it would be so fitting to name the princess Alice. What a wonderful salute to a very extraordinary man! :biggrin:

royalistbert 01-08-2013 11:31 PM

They just said she was less than 12 weeks Pregnant. Im guessing she around 3 months now. :flowers:

hkittybaby 01-09-2013 05:18 AM

I bet she's 14 weeks pregnant now

Duke-of-Earl 01-09-2013 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkittybaby (Post 1503144)
I bet she's 14 weeks pregnant now

Catherine really is beautiful! She never takes a bad photo :flowers:

soapstar 01-10-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

According to a new article in The Telegraph, Catherine and William will soon be announcing the month that the baby will be born.

Quote:

The Duke and Duchess are expected shortly to announce the month in which their first child will be born.

They announced the Duchess’s pregnancy far earlier than the usual 12-week stage because of her hospital stay, and royal aides said an announcement of the baby’s due month would be made shortly after the Duchess’s 12-week scan.

Source

royalistbert 01-10-2013 05:36 PM

I assume the big surprise tomorrow is the due date. ;)

soapstar 01-10-2013 06:04 PM

I hope so, but the clue seems to point toward her first official portrait. If the due date isn't announced tomorrow, I expect it will be announced some time next week or so.

hkittybaby 01-10-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soapstar (Post 1503784)
I hope so, but the clue seems to point toward her first official portrait. If the due date isn't announced tomorrow, I expect it will be announced some time next week or so.

I do think so:flowers: tomorrow it will be the due date or the portrait

Daria_S 01-10-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkittybaby (Post 1503808)
I do think so:flowers: tomorrow it will be the due date or the portrait

Or, we may be completely surprised, and get an announcement that deals with neither of the topics :biggrin:.

LadyGabrielle 01-10-2013 11:22 PM

I wonder if the Cambridges would maybe change the rules and let everyone in on not only the due date but the sex of the baby. Would'nt that be great? Since they are considered the new face of the Monarchy, why not? This is all wishing on a star of course but hey, you never know what this couple will do. And besides, it would be kind of nice to be able to prepare for a wonderful prince or princss party. I suppose we will see. I just can't wait to find out.

Lumutqueen 01-11-2013 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle (Post 1503844)
I wonder if the Cambridges would maybe change the rules and let everyone in on not only the due date but the sex of the baby. Would'nt that be great? Since they are considered the new face of the Monarchy, why not? This is all wishing on a star of course but hey, you never know what this couple will do. And besides, it would be kind of nice to be able to prepare for a wonderful prince or princss party. I suppose we will see. I just can't wait to find out.

Why not? Possibly because that's one of the most private pieces of information a couple ever gets? You don't see other royal houses doing it, and they're by far more modern than the BRF.
It is William and Catherine who have to prepare for the baby, if they wish to find out they probably will.

Elektra 01-14-2013 06:06 AM

Official confirmation : The Duchess is due in July 2013 :

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting a baby in July

Archduchess Zelia 01-14-2013 06:22 AM

Pretty much as predicted, though it was early they had to confirm the pregnancy.

CanRoyal 01-14-2013 06:23 AM

....note the confirmation in the official announcement that it will be a singleton birth - "a baby".

hkittybaby 01-14-2013 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanRoyal (Post 1505033)
....note the confirmation in the official announcement that it will be a singleton birth - "a baby".

Rebecca English@RE_DailyMail
Palace have also confirmed (because of the ill-informed speculation) it is NOT twins.

hkittybaby 01-14-2013 06:37 AM

BBC News - Royal baby arrival due in July

BREAKING NEWS: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's baby due in July | Mail Online

Kataryn 01-14-2013 06:39 AM

I am glad she feels better. And I like the pic they've chosen as illustration: it looks as if both are protective of their bellies - like William is mirroring her, which is such a great sign in a relationship.

christythedreamer 01-14-2013 08:40 AM

ahhh so I was right about July... can't wait to see the baby arrives!! :)

GracieGiraffe 01-14-2013 09:06 AM

I would like Will and Kate to consider my home near Atlanta, Georgia, as the place to give birth to The Child. Here is my reasoning:

1) I am their biggest fan
2) The house is spacious and air-conditioned. I will redo the master bedroom with portraits of the past Kings and Queens of Britain in order to welcome the baby and give it some idea of the decor at Gran's house(s).
3) I live on land chartered by King George II, lost by King George III, and in fact named in honor of those Germanic Georges. If the birth takes place here, you can almost bet this baby will be a little "George." Some sort of symbiotic full circle thing will occur we royal watchers in the U.S. so desperately want.
4) It would throw the press of the scent and allow Will and Kate the privacy they deserve. Who knew that a future British monarch would be born amongst giraffes in Georgia?
5) Does the prime minister have to witness the birth, or something? Why, no problemo. Mr. and Mrs. Cameron and Mr. Giraffe and I could have a few drinks out at the neighborhood pool, the kids could all swim and we could grill out (these things take time). When we come up to verify the birth we'd be sure to bring the new parents a plate of hotdogs, baked beans and coleslaw - because this mother's comfort is our only priority!

Elenath 01-14-2013 09:06 AM

I have a feeling it might be june and not july.... If I were them I'd happily give the press the wrong due date.

Lumutqueen 01-14-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe (Post 1505073)
I would like Will and Kate to consider my home near Atlanta, Georgia, as the place to give birth to The Child. Here is my reasoning:

2) The house is spacious and air-conditioned. I will redo the master bedroom with portraits of the past Kings and Queens of Britain in order to welcome the baby and give it some idea of the decor at Gran's house(s).
3) I live on land chartered by King George II, lost by King George III, and in fact named in honor of those Germanic Georges. If the birth takes place here, you can almost bet this baby will be a little "George." Some sort of symbiotic full circle thing will occur we royal watchers in the U.S. so desperately want.
4) It would throw the press of the scent and allow Will and Kate the privacy they deserve. Who knew that a future British monarch would be born amongst giraffes in Georgia?
5) Does the prime minister have to witness the birth, or something? Why, no problemo. Mr. and Mrs. Cameron and Mr. Giraffe and I could have a few drinks out at the neighborhood pool, the kids could all swim and we could grill out (these things take time). When we come up to verify the birth we'd be sure to bring the new parents a plate of hotdogs, baked beans and coleslaw - because this mother's comfort is our only priority!

Future heir has to be born in British soil I believe. I think your house is a bit out of question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elenath (Post 1505075)
I have a feeling it might be june and not july.... If I were them I'd happily give the press the wrong due date.

Except this is an official announcement, why lie?

Molly2101 01-14-2013 09:14 AM

July feels like such a long time away, but I think this is because we have known about the pregnancy for a month already. Look forward to July now! I wonder if Catherine will attend Trooping the Colour and the Garter ceremonies in June if she is pregnant. Sophie did not attend The Remembrance Services when she was pregnant with James, nor did she attend Trooping the Colour (though her pregnancy had not been made public knowledge then.)

With regards to Catherine not carrying out any engagements, if we think back to when Sophie's pregnancy with Louise was announced it was reported that she would be cutting back her duties (it was reported she would not do any in fact until the birth), but we of course saw her out and about doing engagements. We saw her less with James, but I think that was probably due to her obstetric history and Edward and co. were just ensuring she was not working too hard.

Only time will tell really with Catherine. I for one am looking forward to seeing her little bump grow and her maternity outfits!

GracieGiraffe 01-14-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1505078)
Future heir has to be born in British soil I believe. I think your house is a bit out of question.

I don't think it HAS to be born on British soil - would it be disqualified if it weren't? Could you guys suddenly have "British birthers?" Shudder!

I could get Congress to declare it British territory, like Canada did for the birth of a Dutch Princess. Thanks for reminding me! I will get right on that.

P.S. It was once British territory - surely that must count for something!

Elenath 01-14-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Because I'm certain the press will set up a permanent camp outside of Kensington Palace in july just to get a photo of Kate on her way to the hospital. This alone would be the best reason for me to at least try and have this baby at home. No irritating photographers.

Queen Penelope 01-14-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

It wouldn't necessarily be a lie. For all we know her due date could be July first, and in that case she could potentially deliver sometime In mid June :)

Very exciting!!

Lumutqueen 01-14-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe (Post 1505080)

I don't think it HAS to be born on British soil - would it be disqualified if it weren't? Could you guys suddenly have "British birthers?" Shudder!

I could get Congress to declare it British territory, like Canada did for the birth of a Dutch Princess. Thanks for reminding me! I will get right on that.

P.S. It was once British territory - surely that must count for something!

There bit a bit of a fuss if the future monarch was born outside if the UK, what's the point in it being born elsewhere?
Somehow I doubt your powers stretch far enough into Congress to allow your home to become a part of the UK. For Princess Margriet The maternity ward of Ottawa Civic Hospital in which Princess Margriet was born was temporarily declared to be extraterritorial by the Canadian government. The fact it once was, counts for nothing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elenath (Post 1505082)

Because I'm certain the press will set up a permanent camp outside of Kensington Palace in july just to get a photo of Kate on her way to the hospital. This alone would be the best reason for me to at least try and have this baby at home. No irritating photographers.

Except KP is one of about 7 places Catherine could travel from. Like every other time a child is born, the press will wait until Catherine is in hospital and camp outside. They're royalty, they live their lives in front of the press if they don't know it they've been walking around with their eyes closed for a long long time.

Sister Morphine 01-14-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Maybe the Court didn't lie, but William and Catherine did. I mean, they got the news of the due date from them, I would think....so all they'd have to do is tell whoever is in charge of releasing this information that the baby is due in July, rather than June. Or something like that.

Frankly, if I was in her shoes, which would be nice because she has great shoes, I wouldn't want anyone knowing the due date of my baby's birth aside from my immediate family (including hubby as his family) and my doctor. So I'd lie my butt off.

hkittybaby 01-14-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christythedreamer (Post 1505063)
ahhh so I was right about July... can't wait to see the baby arrives!! :)

I was thinking on July as well:smile:

Dman 01-14-2013 09:27 AM

It's so good to know the baby will be here in July. It's also good to hear that Catherine is doing better and that she will return to official engagements soon. I'm sure there will be some royal gun salutes in july.

I'm thinking Catherine could be well enough to attend the expecting (Thanksgiving Service for The Queen's 60th Coronation Anniversary) Trooping of the Colour and Garter Service but I think it all depends how she's feeling at the time. I think she will be doing a couple of official engagements before she's due but with pregnancies you never know.

Lumutqueen 01-14-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Morphine (Post 1505087)
Frankly, if I was in her shoes, which would be nice because she has great shoes, I wouldn't want anyone knowing the due date of my baby's birth aside from my immediate family (including hubby as his family) and my doctor. So I'd lie my butt off.

Nobody knows the due date, we know the month that Catherine is due in. The baby will arrive when it arrives but Catherine's due date is in July.

I've never seen other royal houses announce a month early.

hkittybaby 01-14-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elenath (Post 1505075)

I hope it doesn't happen as it possibily means the baby will be premature:ermm:

CanRoyal 01-14-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumetqueen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elenath (Post 1505082)

Lumetqueen is correct - the one thing you can count on is that in official announcements there are no lies.

Lumutqueen 01-14-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkittybaby (Post 1505093)
I hope it doesn't happen as it possibily means the baby will be premature:ermm:

Babies can be born at 24 weeks which is the legal abortion limit and survive with the right medical care and attention. Premature or not, life is not in our hands.

Frelinghighness 01-14-2013 09:34 AM

No surprise, this is when they most likely would have originally announced the pregnancy, at about 14 weeks,like most royal houses, which means the baby will be born about 6 months from now if all goes smoothly.
This all just follows her history of morning sickness, which kicks in about 7-8 weeks and usually abates about 4 weeks later.
So happy she does appear to not be suffering now.

hkittybaby 01-14-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1505095)
Babies can be born at 24 weeks which is the legal abortion limit and survive with the right medical care and attention. Premature or not, life is not in our hands.

Yes I know:flowers: I just hope it doesn't happen although I can speak from personal experience HG babies tend to be born earlier. I remember my doctor warning me about this.

cepe 01-14-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkittybaby (Post 1505038)

The DM really is gross - speculating on when the child was conceived is such a breach of privacy.

ghost_night554 01-14-2013 10:32 AM

VERY happy to hear she's due in July. I'm born in July as well! Also thrilled we got confirmation about whether or not it's twins. I'm also relieved Catherine will still be doing some royal engagements. Was worried we wouldn't see her till July after last week's tweet.

hkittybaby 01-14-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost_night554 (Post 1505125)
VERY happy to hear she's due in July. I'm born in July as well! Also thrilled we got confirmation about whether or not it's twins. I'm also relieved Catherine will still be doing some royal engagements. Was worried we wouldn't see her till July after last week's tweet.

I think we'll see her again in a month:flowers: I'm relieved she's feeling better!

Mariel 01-14-2013 10:46 AM

Trivia on being born on English soil: The youngest heir to the pretender throne of the Jacobites is Joseph Wendel, son of Duke Alois and his wife Sophie of Leichtenstein. He was born in England while his dad was working there. He is about 18 years old now. Many of the Jacobites (Stuart followers) claim that this line of descent is the true one of English kings. Duke Alois and Sophie do NOT make any claims like this. But it's interesting that he was temporarily working in England at the time of Joseph Wendel's birth.

GracieGiraffe 01-14-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1505092)
Nobody knows the due date, we know the month that Catherine is due in. The baby will arrive when it arrives but Catherine's due date is in July.

I've never seen other royal houses announce a month early.

Fantastic! A Fourth of July baby at my house. I am talking to my congressman now about the details.

George I was born in Germany.....:whistling:

Bine221 01-14-2013 10:50 AM

I bet everything I have, that the baby will come in June already :rofl::whistling::lol: .... and they just said July to get rid of the masses of journalists in front of the hospitel already 4 weeks before due date....

Bye Bine

royalistbert 01-14-2013 11:08 AM

My Birthday is in July so we may share a Birthday. :lol:

CanRoyal 01-14-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bine221 (Post 1505138)
I bet everything I have, that the baby will come in June already :rofl::whistling::lol: .... and they just said July to get rid of the masses of journalists in front of the hospitel already 4 weeks before due date....

Bye Bine

Why would they be at the hospital for weeks before the birth? I was around when William and Harry were born and this is exactly what happens:

Prince William: How a CBS News Correspondent Came to Announce Royal's Birth to British People - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News

Quote:

The cameraman, Johnny Peters, was a bit of a legend in the London bureau. He was an Englishman well versed in the ways of his people.

"We don't want to go to the hospital," Peters told me. "We want to go to the palace. That's where we will get the news first."

Peters told me the birth of a royal child is traditionally announced by simply hanging a small notice on the gate of Buckingham Palace, so we headed down to the palace...

Lumutqueen 01-14-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanRoyal (Post 1505179)
Why would they be at the hospital for weeks before the birth? I was around when William and Harry were born and this is exactly what happens:

Prince William: How a CBS News Correspondent Came to Announce Royal's Birth to British People - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News

Thank you! This notion that press are going to stalk the hospital weeks from the start of June is obsurd. It's a waste of their time and money. They'll arrive when Catherine is admitted.

cinrit 01-14-2013 12:53 PM

Then again, there was no Internet in 1982. No Twitter or even Facebook or instantaneous news updates or rumors being posted or tweeted. Everything is so different now. I guess we'll find out in a few months what the paparazzi will do as the time nears. I doubt they'll be camping out in front of the hospital or Kensington Palace (if that's where the Cambridges will be by then), but they'll have spies, no doubt.

principessa 01-14-2013 01:01 PM

How is the procedure after the birth?

Will there be salutes? A service at Westminster Abbey? Will the tv stations stopp their broadcast for the breaking news?

Thanks for your answers!

Lumutqueen 01-14-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinrit (Post 1505185)
but they'll have spies, no doubt.

Spies, really? Are we MI5 now? When Catherine is admitted, to whichever hospital she chooses (there are a number of them) from whicever place she currently resides. SJP will tell the press, they will go to the hospital.

cepe 01-14-2013 01:07 PM

It will be considered "breaking news" - the media will ask people in the street what do they think and they will wheel out the dreadful pundits including Katherine Williams (the worst) to give information on what it means to the monarchy. They will gabble at length about whether it was a natural birth or not and all the men will stop watching and go to the pub!

Then there will be complaints if the names are not announced immediately - a given I think. Then there will be debate on the actual names and the godparents and by then the entire national will be bored rigid and have gone to the pub - which will be good for the economy.

Artemisia 01-14-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by principessa (Post 1505191)
How is the procedure after the birth?

Will there be salutes? A service at Westminster Abbey? Will the tv stations stopp their broadcast for the breaking news?

Thanks for your answers!

I'd assume the news of birth would be "breaking news" or "just in" not just in the United Kingdom, but also in other countries of the Realm and probably most English-speaking states too.

An official announcement of the birth will be released by the Buckingham Palace, followed by the Clarence House and St James Palace. Immediately afterwards, the announcement will be picked up by major broadcasting companies (BBC and other); usually the National Anthem is played immediately after the birth is announced (as happened when then Princess Elizabeth gave birth to Prince Charles). Some days later, the Buckingham Palace will release a further announcement which will include the baby's names.

Gun salutes do indeed occur after royal births. If a boy, a 41 gun salute will be fired in Hyde Park, the Tower of London and across the country. If a girl, I think the tradition was 20 gun salutes (although it is possible that the first born girl - as Heiress Apparent under the yet-to-be-adopted rules - may get the full 41 salute as well).

Other traditions concerning royal births include baptising in the Music Room at Buckingham Palace using water from River Jordan. The christening robe will almost certainly be Queen Victoria's Honiton silk and lace christening robe (or replica of thereof) - a family heirloom worn by five generations of the Royal Family

The number of Godparents is basically up to the couple; I would expect at least four but no more than seven. Foreign royals will almost certainly not feature among them with the possible exception of a member of the Greek Royal Family (honouring Prince Philip's side of family).

Lumutqueen 01-14-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1505201)
It will be considered "breaking news" - the media will ask people in the street what do they think and they will wheel out the dreadful pundits including Katherine Williams (the worst) to give information on what it means to the monarchy. They will gabble at length about whether it was a natural birth or not and all the men will stop watching and go to the pub!

Then there will be complaints if the names are not announced immediately - a given I think. Then there will be debate on the actual names and the godparents and by then the entire national will be bored rigid and have gone to the pub - which will be good for the economy.

I agree on all of that! But it's how the press works, we saw it with the wedding, we saw it when Catherine was admitted. They're the press, they want to know things. Frankly I want to know that name as soon as the baby pops out! :lol:

cepe 01-14-2013 01:13 PM

:previous: me too! I still want Charlotte Rose

NGalitzine 01-14-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemisia (Post 1505204)
Other traditions concerning royal births include baptising in the Music Room at Buckingham Palace using water from River Jordan. The christening robe will almost certainly be Queen Victoria's Honiton silk and lace christening robe - a family heirloom worn by five generations of the Royal Family

Well not the original gown but the copy made of it since the original is now to fragile and has been retired.

Artemisia 01-14-2013 01:35 PM

:previous:
Wasn't it restored some years ago? Although they'll still probably use a replica.

Lumutqueen 01-14-2013 01:42 PM

The old Christening gown was preserved, James, Viscount Severn was christened in the replica.

EIIR 01-14-2013 01:51 PM

The idea that the press won't know fairly instantly what hospital Kate is taken to to give birth is absurd. Someone, whether it be their own staff, palace staff, a police protection officer or a staff member at the hospital concerned will tip off the press, whether on Twitter, or using text messages or phone calls. It will be impossible to keep such information out of the hands of the media. The only reason the press weren't tipped off about the pregnancy (sorry, but I think despite what he says the photographer from Ikon just got lucky, even a stopped clock is right twice a day) is because William and Kate had told no-one, until hospital treatment was required.

The first tradition on big occasions like this, whether it concerns births or deaths in the RF, is for a physical statement to be hung on the gate of BP (here is the announcement of Prince William's birth). Of course, in this day and age a statement will also be issued to the press using up to date means also.

Dman 01-14-2013 01:54 PM

I thought the Cambridges baby will be christened in the same gown William & Harry was christened in. Is this the same gown you all are talking about?

Dman 01-14-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EIIR (Post 1505230)
The idea that the press won't know fairly instantly what hospital Kate is taken to to give birth is absurd. Someone, whether it be their own staff, palace staff, a police protection officer or a staff member at the hospital concerned will tip off the press, whether on Twitter, or using text messages or phone calls. It will be impossible to keep such information out of the hands of the media. The only reason the press weren't tipped off about the pregnancy (sorry, but I think despite what he says the photographer from Ikon just got lucky, even a stopped clock is right twice a day) is because William and Kate had told no-one, until hospital treatment was required.

The first tradition on big occasions like this, whether it concerns births or deaths in the RF, is for a physical statement to be hung on the gate of BP (here is the announcement of Prince William's birth). Of course, in this day and age a statement will also be issued to the press using up to date means also.

I think the tradition of the plaque hung on the gates will continue but they the info will also be released on on twitter, facebook, etc.

Lumutqueen 01-14-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EIIR (Post 1505230)
The idea that the press won't know fairly instantly what hospital Kate is taken to to give birth is absurd..

Where did anyone say that? I simply stated that the press will know when Catherine is there, I'm not sure how they're going to know before it seems unlikely they'll announce it for obvious security reasons.

Biri 01-14-2013 02:21 PM

I wonder if William will be present at birth.

CanRoyal 01-14-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1505236)
I think the tradition of the plaque hung on the gates will continue but they the info will also be released on on twitter, facebook, etc.

I think they will hang the notice on the gates and then release the info publicly pretty much simultaneously. The BRF is very much about tradition and it's traditional that the notice be hung on the gates.

Incidentally, I think St. Mary's Hospital will be chosen as the hospital and as far as I know, there are no photographs of pregnant royals arriving by car and going in the front door, so they must enter by a secure way. (There are photographs of royals coming out the front door with the baby - but not going in.)

Among others St. Mary's has seen the birth of Peter and Zara; William and Harry; 3 of the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester's children - (Alexander, Davina & Rose); as well as the Kent's children - (Frederick and Gabriella).

Duchess of Durham 01-14-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanRoyal (Post 1505252)
I think they will hang the notice on the gates and then release the info publicly pretty much simultaneously. The BRF is very much about tradition and it's traditional that the notice be hung on the gates.

Incidentally, I think St. Mary's Hospital will be chosen as the hospital and as far as I know, there are no photographs of pregnant royals arriving by car and going in the front door, so they must enter by a secure way. (There are photographs of pregnant royals coming out the front door with the baby - but not going in.)

Among others St. Mary's has seen the birth of both of Peter and Zara; William and Harry; 3 of the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester's children - (Alexander, Davina & Rose); as well as the Kent's children - (Frederick and Gabriella).

I'm pretty sure that is incorrect. ;):flowers:

TLLK 01-14-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biri (Post 1505247)
I wonder if William will be present at birth.

As I recall his father was there for the birth of his sons so it wouldn't surprise me if William was there.

CanRoyal 01-14-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham (Post 1505255)
I'm pretty sure that is incorrect. ;):flowers:

Fixed it! :whistling: :lol:

GracieGiraffe 01-14-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EIIR (Post 1505340)
As a Brit who was in the US on a 4th of July a few years ago and stood watching fireworks as those around me shouted "down with the British!", I think it's probably best if our royals avoid visiting on that particular date!

I find that hard to believe, even though I believe you. The vast majority of Americans would find that embarrassing, as Bensgal said.

And don't worry, we giraffes are very protective of the young. We can kick the heads of strong predators with our long legs.

Besides, the press would never think of looking here....

Can anyone find me prints of corgis playing poker? I really want them to feel at home here.

Daria_S 01-14-2013 06:58 PM

I'm glad that Catherine is feeling better and will be able to perform some public engagements in a month's time. I was thinking that the due date would be in the ball park of July or August, so I'm sure things will start heating up as the time approaches.

windsorgirl 01-14-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1505233)
I thought the Cambridges baby will be christened in the same gown William & Harry was christened in. Is this the same gown you all are talking about?

Now that we can discuss in this thread....yes, the old christening gown was preserved after Lady Louise. James, Viscount Severn, was the first child to use the new gown.

Excerpt: James became the first Royal baby to wear a hand-made christening gown commissioned by the Queen.
The gown, made by the Queen's dresser Angela Kelly and Buckingham Palace's team of dressmakers, is a replica of one of Queen Victoria's daughters' christening gowns which was worn at subsequent Royal christenings, including that of James's four-year-old sister Louise, but has now been preserved.

Read more: Christening at the castle for Sophie Wessex's sweet baby James | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

LadyCatharine 01-14-2013 08:09 PM

Never knew Sophie had a second child,where have I been?

AdmirerUS 01-14-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windsorgirl (Post 1505377)
Now that we can discuss in this thread....
Excerpt: James became the first Royal baby to wear a hand-made christening gown commissioned by the Queen.
The gown, made by the Queen's dresser Angela Kelly and Buckingham Palace's team of dressmakers, is a replica of one of Queen Victoria's daughters' christening gowns...
Read more: Christening at the castle for Sophie Wessex's sweet baby James | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

We all grouse about the DM and how biased it is, but it's also wonderful at things like this. That's a great baby photo and you can see so much detail on the gown. :smile:

sthreats 01-14-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe (Post 1505073)

VERY Funny! (Smile)

Zonk 01-14-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyCatharine (Post 1505384)
Never knew Sophie had a second child,where have I been?

If you are serious, you might want to check out
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7-a-15251.html , https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ern-15269.html , and https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...a-16683-7.html .

nascarlucy 01-14-2013 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe

When I read this I chuckled to myself. I also thought of something. What would happen if Kate and Williams were in the United States or another country and Kate suddenly went into labor and gave birth earlier than expected (a couple of weeks or a month early, for example). If the child was born in the United States, he or she would automatically be an American citizen. Would the child then have dual citizenship (British and American)?

If would be interesting to find out if any royal who was pregnant and who went into labor or gave birth a little earlier than expected gave birth in another country. I can't think of any offhand.

cepe 01-14-2013 09:43 PM

THere is a restriction on most airlines about pregnant women passengers - I think its 7 months and over.

EDIT: But of course the baby could, under the circumstances you describe, bw born in Wales, rather than England.

someonelikeyou 01-14-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe

Fantastic! A Fourth of July baby at my house. I am talking to my congressman now about the details.

George I was born in Germany.....:whistling:

I'd love to join in. I am just a little up north from you in the Carolinas. I will bring my hubby, four kids, something for the grill, and the makings of champagne cocktails!

TLLK 01-14-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe (Post 1505370)
I find that hard to believe, even though I believe you. The vast majority of Americans would find that embarrassing, as Bensgal said.

And don't worry, we giraffes are very protective of the young. We can kick the heads of strong predators with our long legs.

Besides, the press would never think of looking here....

Can anyone find me prints of corgis playing poker? I really want them to feel at home here.

I could imagine someone who started celebrating the 4th of July with a 5th of something might shout that out loud. :tongue: Apart from that I'd only expect to hear "Down with the British" at a reenactment battle site.

Kellydofc 01-15-2013 12:39 AM

Since my birthday is in July I am very happy that the baby will share my birth month (and maybe even my birthday)

GracieGiraffe 01-15-2013 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someonelikeyou (Post 1505427)
I'd love to join in. I am just a little up north from you in the Carolinas. I will bring my hubby, four kids, something for the grill, and the makings of champagne cocktails!

I'll text you as soon as the labor pains start. Don't wear any fascinators down here, don't want to tip off the press. But I might be a sport to our local media and alert the Gainesville Times first! But only afterwards of course. :biggrin:

I think I might register on her behalf over at Babies R Us, if I can find the right themed room - royal giraffes or something.