The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Prince Felix, Princess Claire, Prince Louis, Princess Alexandra, Prince Sebastien and Families (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f122/)
-   -   Princess Claire's Family and Background (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f122/princess-claires-family-and-background-34156.html)

Blog Real 11-22-2015 01:03 PM

Claire's family has ties to the aristocracy?
What professionally is Claire's brother, Felix Ladmacher?

Rayarena 11-23-2015 02:39 AM

To my knowledge, the family is not aristocratic at all, though they are extremely wealthy [his wedding gift to his daughter and son-in-law was a vineyard in France!]. However, I believe that they are new money. My understanding is that the father who must be a very driven and ambitious man, created the fortune. In the engagement and marriage pictures, the father is obviously deliriously happy that his daughter married Felix. I suspect that he was thinking, Wow! now my family has really made it to the top! We've married into royalty!

I don't know what Claire's brother does.

carlota 11-23-2015 11:46 AM

i think they are new money, but in the best sense of new money - they seem so well mannered, well educated and well behaved. somehow nowadays we tend (or at least i do) to associate new money to bling and superficialism, but claire's family look a lot more grounded and responsible than that. i believe they also contribute to philanthropic causes?

SydneyLux 11-23-2015 05:33 PM

Princess Claire's father, Hartmut Lademacher, is a self-made millionaire who has an estimated fortune of around 600 million euros. He regularly donates large sums of money to various causes from his children's school to his local 11th division home town club. Neither he nor his wife seem to have forgotten where they come from and by all accounts they tought their children how important education and work is - something you can't necessarily say about all of Claire's in-laws.

More about Princess Claire's family...
Luxarazzi : Luxarazzi 101: Claire Lademacher

carlota 11-23-2015 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SydneyLux (Post 1841704)
Princess Claire's father, Hartmut Lademacher, is a self-made millionaire who has an estimated fortune of around 600 million euros. He regularly donates large sums of money to various causes from his children's school to his local 11th division home town club. Neither he nor his wife seem to have forgotten where they come from and by all accounts they tought their children how important education and work is - something you can't necessarily say about all of Claire's in-laws.

More about Princess Claire's family...
Luxarazzi : Luxarazzi 101: Claire Lademacher

what do you mean, sydney? as far as i know all of the children of Henri and MT have attended university, and, i believe so did their chosen wives (with the exception of tessy, who i believe chose a military career, although i believe she has been attending university after marrying louis). most of henri's siblings attended university if memory doesn't fail me.

Blog Real 11-23-2015 06:34 PM

But all the children of Maria Teresa and Henri attending university. And I think that are involved in social projects.

Moonmaiden23 11-23-2015 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota (Post 1841718)
what do you mean, sydney? as far as i know all of the children of Henri and MT have attended university, and, i believe so did their chosen wives (with the exception of tessy, who i believe chose a military career, although i believe she has been attending university after marrying louis). most of henri's siblings attended university if memory doesn't fail me.

I agree. I think HT and MT have hit a virtual lottery where their children's spouses are concerned. All of them educated, from great families, scandal free, and a credit to the Grand Duchy. Even unwed mother Tessy has obtained a degree and has turned into a very model of a Royal princess.

Henri and MT must be pinching themselves;).

SydneyLux 11-24-2015 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota (Post 1841718)
what do you mean, sydney? as far as i know all of the children of Henri and MT have attended university, and, i believe so did their chosen wives (with the exception of tessy, who i believe chose a military career, although i believe she has been attending university after marrying louis). most of henri's siblings attended university if memory doesn't fail me.

Well, I don't consider taking up to 10 years to gain a bachelor's degree (Guillaume, Félix, Louis) and changing universities (and courses) multiple times along the way, studying around 5 years without gaining a degree (Alexandra) or taking 4 years to finish a 2-year-degree (Sébastien) as parents having taught their children the value of education and hard work. And yes, I understand the temptation to travel around almost every weekend to attend some party instead of studying when you have the necessary funds to do so. However, many of their cousins have shown that you can do both: Party hard and finish your degree in time.

Mbruno 11-24-2015 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SydneyLux (Post 1841903)
Well, I don't consider taking up to 10 years to gain a bachelor's degree (Guillaume, Félix, Louis) and changing universities (and courses) multiple times along the way, studying around 5 years without gaining a degree (Alexandra) or taking 4 years to finish a 2-year-degree (Sébastien) as parents having taught their children the value of education and hard work. And yes, I understand the temptation to travel around almost every weekend to attend some party instead of studying when you have the necessary funds to do so. However, many of their cousins have shown that you can do both: Party hard and finish your degree in time.

The Luxembourg princes may be an extreme example, but changing courses/universities multiple times and taking much longer than expected to get a bachelor's degree is actually not that rare among European students. If I recall it correctly, CP Victoria also got her bachelor's degree when she was already in her early 30s.

SydneyLux 11-24-2015 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbruno (Post 1841910)
The Luxembourg princes may be an extreme example, but changing courses/universities multiple times and taking much longer than expected to get a bachelor's degree is actually not that rare among European students. If I recall it correctly, CP Victoria also got her bachelor's degree when she was already in her early 30s.

I didn't say it was uncommon, but when you look back at my original post I was merely comparing Princess Claire and her brother - and how they were apparently raised by their parents with a sense that having your own career despite their immense wealth is important - to the children of the Grand Ducal Couple. Both Princess Claire, and her sister-in-law Princess Stéphanie, to name two examples, entered university after school (and a gap year) and then finished their bachelor degrees in the usual amount of time. Again, there is nothing wrong with taking ten years to finish a degree but considering that all five of the children of Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa took a long time, I just don't believe they put the same value in teaching their children how important a career of their own is.

Btw, I was a "European student" not that long ago and I can tell you that studying might be cheaper in some countries in Europe but still many cannot afford to attend about 4-5 universities around the world (both the U.S. and various European countries) for 1-2 terms before deciding that they want to move on to another place.

Blog Real 11-24-2019 06:35 PM

Princess Claire's Family owns the 5-star Le Mirador Resort & Spa hotel in Switzerland.
https://www.mirador.ch/en/

The family also owns a castle in Croatia, now turned into a luxury hotel (does anyone know which hotel?).
It also owns other luxury properties in Germany, Spain and France.
https://www.luxarazzi.com/2012/11/lux...macher_26.html

Blog Real 03-28-2020 06:32 PM

Claire's Family owns two castles.

Martinis Marchi Castle, Croatia, now a luxury hotel with a marina for around 60 boats.
https://www.martinis-marchi.com/

She also owns the Château les Crostes in Lorgues, in the south of France. It is currently owned by Prince Felix and Princess Claire.
https://www.chateau-les-crostes.com/fr/


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises