The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/)
-   -   Poll : Kate & William's First Baby (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/poll-kate-and-williams-first-baby-34103.html)

Blue_ 12-04-2012 04:07 PM

This is totally of subject but... : Not to be rude but I felt guilty when I didn't voted for " As long as the baby is healthy, it doesn't matter! " . I mean, of course it doesn't matter that much. And, I hope so, everybody wants a healthy baby... :smile:
The question is "what do you think the baby will be" or am I wrong? :smile: maybe "I don't know" is a better suggestion...

My mom has had 3 girls and 4 sons, and she was deadly sick the two times she had boy twins ... So I'm crossing fingers for a boy (Don't want Christian to be alone! :sad: and I want my daughters to fangirl about the British prince just like I did ;) ) and maybe two! :smile:

LadyCatharine 12-04-2012 04:29 PM

when she gets far along, the shape of her tummy will tell, if her tummy is small , a boy, if shes huge, which I doubt given her tiny frame a girl.
We will have to wait and see

Lumutqueen 12-04-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyCatharine (Post 1489843)
when she gets far along, the shape of her tummy will tell, if her tummy is small , a boy, if shes huge, which I doubt given her tiny frame a girl.
We will have to wait and see

There is absolutely no truth in that.

Molly2101 12-04-2012 04:52 PM

I am voting for a girl, only as hyperemesis is often associated with girl pregnancies.

hkittybaby 12-04-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molly2101 (Post 1489852)
I am voting for a girl, only as hyperemesis is often associated with girl pregnancies.

yes, it is! I had with both my daughters:sad:

padams2359 12-04-2012 05:07 PM

I think a girl. QE2 (privately) will be validated by knowing a woman will ascend, not by default. She will want a queen to pop up now and then down the line.

Daria_S 12-04-2012 07:59 PM

I'm thinking it might be a little girl. It would be nice to have a female in direct line of succession.

LadyCatharine 12-04-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1489851)
There is absolutely no truth in that.

Really?
It's worked for me...:whistling:

DCVO 12-04-2012 09:59 PM

I'm leaning towards girl.

Of course, any happy, healthy child(ren) is hoped for. As a preference point though, not boy-girl twins, please please please. A single child, or two children of the same gender, and we can hold. The line of inheritance won't need to be changed at a later date. They buy enough time for equal primogeniture laws to actually get passed in all the commonwealth countries before William and Catherine may try for another, so then there's no stress about the gender of the second round. But if it's girl-boy twins, with the girl born first, then her five-minute-younger brother will technically be ahead of her in line until the law gets changed. Which, just, a pain and a half, to do it retroactively.

roseroyal 12-04-2012 10:04 PM

I voted twins- boy/girl- fat chance I know, but that would be so :cool:
As long as baby/mum are healthy, I will be thrilled!

Mariel 12-04-2012 11:46 PM

Duke of Aster, I think you might have nailed it. Catherine Elizabeth Diana Frances. But what will they call little Princess Cathy? Has to have a nickname to distinguish her from her mom.
They could call her Cathleen but they aren't very Irish. Princess Cathleen would be fine,
but I doubt they can crack the tradition code that far.

Meadow 12-04-2012 11:59 PM

I voted girl I think a Queen after 2 Kings will be a welcome change. Twins is possible they seem to run in the Spencer family. Didn't the current Earl have twin girls? Don't know about the sex being determined by the fathers line in my family always gone the other way. My mother had 3 boys and a girl and so did my sister in the exact order. Not sure if we will find out before the birth they do like to keep secrets. A healthy baby is a given to me that is what everyone wants.

HRHHermione 12-05-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meadow (Post 1489985)
I voted girl I think a Queen after 2 Kings will be a welcome change. Twins is possible they seem to run in the Spencer family. Didn't the current Earl have twin girls? Don't know about the sex being determined by the fathers line in my family always gone the other way. My mother had 3 boys and a girl and so did my sister in the exact order. Not sure if we will find out before the birth they do like to keep secrets. A healthy baby is a given to me that is what everyone wants.

Actually wow- I didn't realize it but yes, they seem to. Apparently Diana's maternal grandfather was a twin.

I'm still going to treat it as extremely unlikely to occur, but it would certainly be special!

Ephram 12-05-2012 01:00 AM

Deep down I'm hoping for a boy but intuition tells me most probably girl which I voted anyway. But if a boy then it will be great.

AnnEliza 12-05-2012 02:04 AM

I voted for just a healthy baby. But since Prince Charles had two boys, I'd love to see a little girl!

Jacknch 12-05-2012 02:07 AM

Triplets!!!!!

OK, so maybe not triplets then, but I really cannot think what will happen! Twins would be a nice interesting result. Everyone I know has had girls and so on that basis alone it could be a girl....but on the other hand it could just as well be a boy if chance has anything to do with it.

I do not think we will find out until the birth though!

Kellydofc 12-05-2012 03:04 AM

There seems to be a run of girls at the moment. Princess Estelle of Sweden being the latest addition. For the sake of Prince Christian I'm going to hope for a boy.

dazzling 12-05-2012 04:08 AM

A girl would be great but all the future heir's are girls so I would like a boy.
Voted for as long as its a healthy baby.

Bine221 12-05-2012 05:46 AM

GIRL!!!!
BYe Bine

Lumutqueen 12-05-2012 05:54 AM

I hope it's a Boy :)