The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/)
-   -   Poll : Kate & William's First Baby (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/poll-kate-and-williams-first-baby-34103.html)

Duchess Marie 07-02-2013 09:34 PM

I have a feeling that it's a boy, but i voted for a healthy baby, the gender doesn't matter as long as it's healthy.

NotHRH 07-03-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist (Post 1548294)

Has anybody in the British Royal Family (or even in any other Europe Royal Family) ever given birth to twins especially one that was a Heir?

HRH Princess Sophie of Prussia (nee HSH Princess of Sophie Johanna Maria of Isenburg), whose husband is the pretender to the throne of Prussia, gave birth to twin boys in January, 2013. The elder of the duo is considered the 'heir' to his father's title.

Windmill Bill 07-04-2013 03:05 PM

What a month this will be! With the King of Belgium abdicating the throne and the baby soon to abdicate Catherine, this is a month of abdicationsanity!

My vote was for healthy baby. The gender doesn't matter.

But she will be a girl! Wonder for how long though in this day and age? LOL

Mariel 07-04-2013 04:34 PM

To me it does not matter which gender it is, for this reason: girls are not all alike, and boys are not all alike. What I would wonder is this, what will its personality and looks be like. A strong interesting woman like Victoria of Sweden, a conservative gentleman like Guillaume of Luxembourg, a very tall handsome man like Felipe of Spain, a small pretty girl like Queen Elizabeth, a boy like the supposedly shy Phillipe of Belgium--who will be king this month--a party guy like Harry, a delicate aristocratic woman like Stephanie, an nice surprise like Tessy....lots to wonder about!

Countessmeout 07-04-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1548300)
No twin heirs I'm afraid but a fair few twin royals. A list can be found in Wikipedia; List of twins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There were heirs in the list you posted:

James II and Alexander-Alexander was older twin, but died as a baby
The last Shah of Iran had a twin sister
The current pretender to the Prussian throne and his wife have twins

NotHRH 07-05-2013 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 1571527)

There were heirs in the list you posted:

James II and Alexander-Alexander was older twin, but died as a baby
The last Shah of Iran had a twin sister
The current pretender to the Prussian throne and his wife have twins

Yes, the Prince and the Princess of Prussia have twin sons, Carl Fredrich and Louis Ferdinand, born on January 20, 2013. Carl Fredrich is the elder of the twins and is the heir to his father's rank and title.

NotHRH 07-05-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephora (Post 1524232)
According to my calculation based on chinese calendar, it's a girl! :smile:

We will all find out soon enough! Although i believe HRH Catherine has already given clues to her baby's gender on two separate public occasions.

Rossina 07-05-2013 02:41 AM

As long as the baby is healthy it doesn't matter!!!!
Hope they are expecting a baby girl :)

Lenora 07-27-2013 05:47 AM

So, it's a boy.
As I've observed so far, the majority of polls' choices rarely prove to be true, the same happened with CP Victoria of Sweden, when most thought she would have a boy.