The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   Engagement of Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill: October 25, 2012 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f278/engagement-of-princess-madeleine-and-chris-oneill-october-25-2012-a-33907.html)

empress sissi 10-25-2012 05:32 AM

Congratulations to the couple! They are so beautiful together! I'm happy for them!

Lostriver 10-25-2012 05:49 AM

Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris :heartflower::twohearts:

Kataryn 10-25-2012 05:56 AM

I wonder what title Christopher will get, if any, as he probably won't give up his American citizenship? And I'm curious if he takes on the Bernadotte name like Daniel did?

But he seems to be a very nice man, just like Daniel - both appear to be able to give their wifes stability and support when they need it but are able to step back if their wifes need space. :flowers:

Marika86 10-25-2012 05:59 AM

Princess Madeleine to marry Chris O'Neill - hellomagazine.com

Prinsessan 10-25-2012 06:03 AM

Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris. I hope it ends more fortunate than her first engagement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1476790)
Chris comes across as a macho type of guy, at least knowing quite well what he wants. I cant see him moving to Sweden or even showing up at events that are not must-attend.
I hope they have the strength to lead a life of their own. Good luck!

Just to add: The little video is one of the silliest things a royal court has provided, ever!!!

I agree, especially with the last sentence. The video is so terribly posed and her little happy chuckle in the end :unsure:

principessa 10-25-2012 06:29 AM

I love the video. It's so sweet.

Archduchess Zelia 10-25-2012 06:31 AM

Aw, congratulations to Madeleine and Chris.
He seems like a legit and sweet guy, not like that scumbag she was engaged to before.
It's kind of an odd way to announce it though, isn't it?

Dman 10-25-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prinsessan (Post 1476821)
Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris. I hope it ends more fortunate than her first engagement.

I agree, especially with the last sentence. The video is so terribly posed and her little happy chuckle in the end :unsure:

I thought I was the only one who thought the video was a little silly. It was like something out of an odd movie.

Rossina 10-25-2012 06:32 AM

Congratulations to the newly engaged couple.... cant wait for their wedding.

Dman 10-25-2012 06:33 AM

It was nice to hear from him in the video though.

KitKat2006 10-25-2012 06:40 AM

I didn't see this engagement coming right now, but I wish them all the best nontheless. And I keep my fingers crossed that this engagement ends in a wedding and not in tears. Madeleine deserves her happily ever after.

Let's just hope there will be an official date for the wedding soon. Her last engagement became a farce when they postponed a date again and again. My bets are on May or August.

And even though I really wish Carl Philip and Sofia their happily ever after, too, I really hope they keep calm now until after Madeleine and Chris are married. For the sake of CP&S and for the SRF I really don't wish them history repeating itself when it comes to a double engagement again.

So, YAY!!!! for Madeleine and Chris. :twohearts::fireworks::twohearts:

And please, please keep calm, Carl Philip and Sofia. Another few month of waiting won't kill you.

TRCRoyal 10-25-2012 06:53 AM

Well, I'm glad for Madeleine, and I wish her happiness and all that, but I don't like Chris, he seems weird to me.

I think they won't show up at most of the events.
But he's learning Swedish, so there's hope!

I'm quite afraid Madeleine would like to have a modern low key wedding without a white tie gala!!!!!!

csw 10-25-2012 06:55 AM

At least one news agency is picking up on the US angle! Let's hope this leads to much attention here.

Swedish princess to wed American 'soulmate' - CNN.com

An Ard Ri 10-25-2012 06:57 AM

Congratulations to the happy couple!

Ilary 10-25-2012 06:59 AM

I've been waiting for this one! So happy for them. Congratulations

Daisiesforever 10-25-2012 07:03 AM

I think we are in for a summer wedding. Looking so forward to it as they are a lovely couple.

Josefine 10-25-2012 07:04 AM

fox news
Sweden's Princess Madeleine engaged to New York banker, wedding planned next year | Fox News

other sites
https://www.thenewage.co.za/67178-102..._engaged_again

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-w...ess-madeleine/

madrid 10-25-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csw (Post 1476847)
At least one news agency is picking up on the US angle! Let's hope this leads to much attention here.

Swedish princess to wed American 'soulmate' - CNN.com

Has it been shown on CNN or just the online version?

rominet09 10-25-2012 07:22 AM

Happy for them !!!

Meraude 10-25-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KitKat2006 (Post 1476838)
My bets are on May or August.

My guess is the second or third week in June, after the end of the school year in Sweden but before Midsummer, June is a very common month for weddings in Sweden, even in the SRF. Another popular wedding date in Sweden is Saturday before Whitsunday, but as it's on the day after the Norwegian national day and the Norwegian royal family will most likely be among the guests invited to the wedding, I doubt Madeleine and Chris will chose that day.