The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   Engagement of Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill: October 25, 2012 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f278/engagement-of-princess-madeleine-and-chris-oneill-october-25-2012-a-33907.html)

MagMil 10-25-2012 04:14 AM

Queen Silvia :rose:
Familjerna grattar till förlovningen | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

part translation>
- The Princess is happy and so are we. He's a real mother's dream, says Queen Silvia told Aftonbladet.
- Chris O'Neill is a very warm, pleasant and likeable person.
Silvia hopes the couple moves to Sweden
Silvia says the royal couple and the newly engaged talked about the wedding, which will take place next year, but no date yet. In the future we hope to Silvia Madden and Chris settling in Sweden.
- Yes, of course. As it is, they are of course in the U.S., but Chris O'Neill is very international. He has lived in England and has a business there, she says.
Silvia also reveals that she has already seen the engagement ring.
- The sparkles as much as the princess's eyes, she says.

Hans-Rickard 10-25-2012 04:16 AM

My deepest congratulations to the couple !!! I'm so glad that we will be hosting another royal summer wedding in sweden :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHHermione
YAY! It's true. That's so exciting. Just when I thought we were done with big tiara events for awhile!! I wish the happy couple the very best.

We don't know yet if it will be a white tie wedding but i'm also hoping for that.

HRHHermione 10-25-2012 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1476774)
My deepest congratulations to the couple !!! I'm so glad that we will be hosting another royal summer wedding in sweden :)

We don't know yet if it will be a white tie wedding but i'm also hoping for that.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if there was no gala event. The Swedish royal family likes their tiara events, they're not stingy about them like the British Royal Family.

Even if there's not... I can't wait to see the Cameo tiara again.

kathia_sophia 10-25-2012 04:24 AM

i was surprised but happy with this news!!!!!!!!
i really hope she gets a grogeous wedding ceremony with a nice royal gathering as she is a Princess of Sweden, i was sure that with Bergstrom it would have been a grand ceremony, but we dont know if Chris likes that, so it will be gambling on what the ceremony will be like.
its just a pity that Estelle will not be the flower girl, she's too young yet.

principessa 10-25-2012 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathia_sophia (Post 1476778)
i was surprised but happy with this news!!!!!!!!
i really hope she gets a grogeous wedding ceremony with a nice royal gathering as she is a Princess of Sweden, i was sure that with Bergstrom it would have been a grand ceremony, but we dont know if Chris likes that, so it will be gambling on what the ceremony will be like.
its just a pity that Estelle will not be the flower girl, she's too young yet.

Maybe she will be flower girl when her uncle marries.

Meraude 10-25-2012 04:26 AM

Congratulations to the couple, Madeleine looks very happy. I would guess that the wedding will be at the same level as the wedding of princess Christina in 1974, maybe an late afternoon wedding with dinner afterwards, but no gala event the evening before the wedding.

kathia_sophia 10-25-2012 04:33 AM

have we seen the engagement ring? or will we see it in a press conference with the couple like Victoria&Daniel?
Quote:

Originally Posted by principessa (Post 1476780)
Maybe she will be flower girl when her uncle marries.

thats right:biggrin:
i wonder if Sofia will feel the urge to get married to after hearing the news.

Her_Majesty 10-25-2012 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathia_sophia (Post 1476784)
have we seen the engagement ring?

You can see the ring quit well in the official HQ pictures released by the court :flowers::

https://www.kungahuset.se/images/200...._Rundquist.jpg

Fanvanmaxima 10-25-2012 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathia_sophia (Post 1476784)
have we seen the engagement ring? or will we see it in a press conference with the couple like Victoria&Daniel?

thats right:biggrin:
i wonder if Sofia will feel the urge to get married to after hearing the news.

You can see the ring here: https://www.kungahuset.se/images/200...._Rundquist.jpg

Duke of Marmalade 10-25-2012 04:42 AM

I wish them well and hope it doesnt end in tears. Madeleine looks very pretty. Chris comes across as a macho type of guy, at least knowing quite well what he wants. I cant see him moving to Sweden or even showing up at events that are not must-attend.
I hope they have the strength to lead a life of their own. Good luck!

Just to add: The little video is one of the silliest things a royal court has provided, ever!!!

Hans-Rickard 10-25-2012 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHHermione

Honestly, I'd be surprised if there was no gala event. The Swedish royal family likes their tiara events, they're not stingy about them like the British Royal Family.

Even if there's not... I can't wait to see the Cameo tiara again.

I agree

A black tie wedding would surprise me as white tie weddings is very common today in every royal house except in the brf as you say and they both appears to like gala events but we have to remember that the king and his sisters margareta, desiree and birgitta as well as prince bertil had all black tie weddings . Only Victoria and Princess Christina had white tie weddings so i dare not to be sure about a white tie wedding until we know.

The Cameo is a safe bet i guess. It would surprise me if she don't want to follow the tradition from her sister, mother and aunts birgitta and desiree .

Josefine 10-25-2012 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1476768)
The press probably take a little notice because an American is marrying into a royal family. I'mhoping the Cambridges will attend the wedding. I'm guessing we will see a nice royal trurn out, if that's the kind of wedding they will plan.

i would say 99,9999% that the Cambridges will not come, they have not been at any other wedding

madeleines wedding will not be as official but there will be guets who are royals but becouse they are famnily and friends

Josefine 10-25-2012 04:55 AM

my vote is on the Connaught tiara

dazzling 10-25-2012 04:56 AM

This is great news! I am so happy for the both of them.
I hope all works out well and soon we have another royal wedding.

Meraude 10-25-2012 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1476793)
The Cameo is a safe bet i guess. It would surprise me if she don't want to follow the tradition from her sister, mother and aunts birgitta and desiree .

Yes, she's probably going to wear the cameo tiara, but I don't think it will suit her, I would prefer if she chose the Connaught tiara, she looked lovely wearing it at Victoria's wedding, and princess Christina wore it at her wedding.

MagMil 10-25-2012 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagMil (Post 1476772)
Queen Silvia :rose:
Familjerna grattar till förlovningen | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

part translation>
- The Princess is happy and so are we. He's a real mother's dream, says Queen Silvia told Aftonbladet.
- Chris O'Neill is a very warm, pleasant and likeable person.
Silvia hopes the couple moves to Sweden
Silvia says the royal couple and the newly engaged talked about the wedding, which will take place next year, but no date yet. In the future we hope to Silvia Madden and Chris settling in Sweden.
- Yes, of course. As it is, they are of course in the U.S., but Chris O'Neill is very international. He has lived in England and has a business there, she says.
Silvia also reveals that she has already seen the engagement ring.
- The sparkles as much as the princess's eyes, she says.

:previous:
Video >
Silvia "Ringen gnistrar precis som hennes ögon" | Kungligt | Kungligt

Bine221 10-25-2012 05:13 AM

I am really happy for the two, so congratulations!!!!

I am also happy, that they did it completely different this time than at the first engagement.... great pics and a super-sweet video

Bye Bine

salma 10-25-2012 05:14 AM

Great news. I hope she has more luck this time.

principessa 10-25-2012 05:15 AM

I hope we will see them at the Nobel Prizes!

COESpiral 10-25-2012 05:20 AM

Congratulations to the happy couple! May they have many, many years together in happiness.