The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   Engagement of Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill: October 25, 2012 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f278/engagement-of-princess-madeleine-and-chris-oneill-october-25-2012-a-33907.html)

Elektra 10-25-2012 03:14 AM

Engagement of Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill: October 25, 2012

:swedenstandard:

:twohearts:
The engagement between HRH Princess Madeleine of Sweden and Mr. Chris O'Neill was announced today.

:rose2::crown6::rose2:

Prinsessan Madeleine och Herr Christopher O'Neill förlovade - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Engagement between Princess Madeleine and Mr Christopher O'Neill - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

principessa 10-25-2012 03:15 AM

I am so happy for them.

HRHHermione 10-25-2012 03:15 AM

YAY! It's true. That's so exciting. Just when I thought we were done with big tiara events for awhile!! I wish the happy couple the very best.

MagMil 10-25-2012 03:20 AM

:clap: Congrats :rose: Great news :smile:

Best wishes :flowers:
https://www.kungahuset.se/kungafamilj...68ac52a5b.html***translation

Dman 10-25-2012 03:23 AM

Wonder if their will be an official interview?

dbarn67 10-25-2012 03:23 AM

Congratulations to the couple and both families.

MagMil 10-25-2012 03:25 AM

Interview with the Marshal about Engagement

English translation

principessa 10-25-2012 03:26 AM

He has a great voice. So warm and soft. No question that she felt in love with him.

Elektra 10-25-2012 03:27 AM

Another picture and a video from the newly-engaged couple:

Prinsessan Madeleine och Herr Christopher O'Neill förlovade - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Dman 10-25-2012 03:27 AM

Interview with Marshal Svante Lindqvist because of Princess Madeleine's engagement to Mr. Christopher O'Neill:
Intervju med Riksmarskalk Svante Lindqvist - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Marika86 10-25-2012 03:37 AM

Official Pictures

PPE Agency Official

Congratulations to Madeleine, Chris and their families!

MagMil 10-25-2012 03:41 AM

Link to official pictures in HQ
Pressbilder Prinsessan Madeleine - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

sophie25 10-25-2012 03:45 AM

I bet Bergstrom is kicking himself right now, ha, ha!

MagMil 10-25-2012 03:46 AM

Queen Silvia today :rose: She is so happy :heartflower:
Chris is a real mother's dream and we are very happy

Hovet bekräftar: Det blir bröllop i sommar | Nyheter | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV *** translation

Photobank : QUEEN SILVIA SAMHALL gallery

tihkon2 10-25-2012 03:48 AM

Have to confess. I did not see that coming so soon. But I have nothing but good wishes for both of them. And wish them a hearty congratulations.:smile:

Josefine 10-25-2012 03:54 AM

it seeme that they are now in sweden both of them the photos are taken at drottningholm last night

Josefine 10-25-2012 03:55 AM

will us media take notice becouse chris is an american?

rosana 10-25-2012 03:59 AM

It was a short relationship, wasn´t it? So which royals do you think will attend?

Dman 10-25-2012 04:04 AM

The press probably take a little notice because an American is marrying into a royal family. I'mhoping the Cambridges will attend the wedding. I'm guessing we will see a nice royal trurn out, if that's the kind of wedding they will plan.

Her_Majesty 10-25-2012 04:13 AM

That's great news! I also didn't really expect that at all. I'm happy for Madeleine and Chris. Madde looked really happy in the engagement video. A summer wedding sounds great.

:twohearts:

MagMil 10-25-2012 04:14 AM

Queen Silvia :rose:
Familjerna grattar till förlovningen | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

part translation>
- The Princess is happy and so are we. He's a real mother's dream, says Queen Silvia told Aftonbladet.
- Chris O'Neill is a very warm, pleasant and likeable person.
Silvia hopes the couple moves to Sweden
Silvia says the royal couple and the newly engaged talked about the wedding, which will take place next year, but no date yet. In the future we hope to Silvia Madden and Chris settling in Sweden.
- Yes, of course. As it is, they are of course in the U.S., but Chris O'Neill is very international. He has lived in England and has a business there, she says.
Silvia also reveals that she has already seen the engagement ring.
- The sparkles as much as the princess's eyes, she says.

Hans-Rickard 10-25-2012 04:16 AM

My deepest congratulations to the couple !!! I'm so glad that we will be hosting another royal summer wedding in sweden :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHHermione
YAY! It's true. That's so exciting. Just when I thought we were done with big tiara events for awhile!! I wish the happy couple the very best.

We don't know yet if it will be a white tie wedding but i'm also hoping for that.

HRHHermione 10-25-2012 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1476774)
My deepest congratulations to the couple !!! I'm so glad that we will be hosting another royal summer wedding in sweden :)

We don't know yet if it will be a white tie wedding but i'm also hoping for that.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if there was no gala event. The Swedish royal family likes their tiara events, they're not stingy about them like the British Royal Family.

Even if there's not... I can't wait to see the Cameo tiara again.

kathia_sophia 10-25-2012 04:24 AM

i was surprised but happy with this news!!!!!!!!
i really hope she gets a grogeous wedding ceremony with a nice royal gathering as she is a Princess of Sweden, i was sure that with Bergstrom it would have been a grand ceremony, but we dont know if Chris likes that, so it will be gambling on what the ceremony will be like.
its just a pity that Estelle will not be the flower girl, she's too young yet.

principessa 10-25-2012 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathia_sophia (Post 1476778)
i was surprised but happy with this news!!!!!!!!
i really hope she gets a grogeous wedding ceremony with a nice royal gathering as she is a Princess of Sweden, i was sure that with Bergstrom it would have been a grand ceremony, but we dont know if Chris likes that, so it will be gambling on what the ceremony will be like.
its just a pity that Estelle will not be the flower girl, she's too young yet.

Maybe she will be flower girl when her uncle marries.

Meraude 10-25-2012 04:26 AM

Congratulations to the couple, Madeleine looks very happy. I would guess that the wedding will be at the same level as the wedding of princess Christina in 1974, maybe an late afternoon wedding with dinner afterwards, but no gala event the evening before the wedding.

kathia_sophia 10-25-2012 04:33 AM

have we seen the engagement ring? or will we see it in a press conference with the couple like Victoria&Daniel?
Quote:

Originally Posted by principessa (Post 1476780)
Maybe she will be flower girl when her uncle marries.

thats right:biggrin:
i wonder if Sofia will feel the urge to get married to after hearing the news.

Her_Majesty 10-25-2012 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathia_sophia (Post 1476784)
have we seen the engagement ring?

You can see the ring quit well in the official HQ pictures released by the court :flowers::

https://www.kungahuset.se/images/200...._Rundquist.jpg

Fanvanmaxima 10-25-2012 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathia_sophia (Post 1476784)
have we seen the engagement ring? or will we see it in a press conference with the couple like Victoria&Daniel?

thats right:biggrin:
i wonder if Sofia will feel the urge to get married to after hearing the news.

You can see the ring here: https://www.kungahuset.se/images/200...._Rundquist.jpg

Duke of Marmalade 10-25-2012 04:42 AM

I wish them well and hope it doesnt end in tears. Madeleine looks very pretty. Chris comes across as a macho type of guy, at least knowing quite well what he wants. I cant see him moving to Sweden or even showing up at events that are not must-attend.
I hope they have the strength to lead a life of their own. Good luck!

Just to add: The little video is one of the silliest things a royal court has provided, ever!!!

Hans-Rickard 10-25-2012 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHHermione

Honestly, I'd be surprised if there was no gala event. The Swedish royal family likes their tiara events, they're not stingy about them like the British Royal Family.

Even if there's not... I can't wait to see the Cameo tiara again.

I agree

A black tie wedding would surprise me as white tie weddings is very common today in every royal house except in the brf as you say and they both appears to like gala events but we have to remember that the king and his sisters margareta, desiree and birgitta as well as prince bertil had all black tie weddings . Only Victoria and Princess Christina had white tie weddings so i dare not to be sure about a white tie wedding until we know.

The Cameo is a safe bet i guess. It would surprise me if she don't want to follow the tradition from her sister, mother and aunts birgitta and desiree .

Josefine 10-25-2012 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1476768)
The press probably take a little notice because an American is marrying into a royal family. I'mhoping the Cambridges will attend the wedding. I'm guessing we will see a nice royal trurn out, if that's the kind of wedding they will plan.

i would say 99,9999% that the Cambridges will not come, they have not been at any other wedding

madeleines wedding will not be as official but there will be guets who are royals but becouse they are famnily and friends

Josefine 10-25-2012 04:55 AM

my vote is on the Connaught tiara

dazzling 10-25-2012 04:56 AM

This is great news! I am so happy for the both of them.
I hope all works out well and soon we have another royal wedding.

Meraude 10-25-2012 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1476793)
The Cameo is a safe bet i guess. It would surprise me if she don't want to follow the tradition from her sister, mother and aunts birgitta and desiree .

Yes, she's probably going to wear the cameo tiara, but I don't think it will suit her, I would prefer if she chose the Connaught tiara, she looked lovely wearing it at Victoria's wedding, and princess Christina wore it at her wedding.

MagMil 10-25-2012 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagMil (Post 1476772)
Queen Silvia :rose:
Familjerna grattar till förlovningen | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

part translation>
- The Princess is happy and so are we. He's a real mother's dream, says Queen Silvia told Aftonbladet.
- Chris O'Neill is a very warm, pleasant and likeable person.
Silvia hopes the couple moves to Sweden
Silvia says the royal couple and the newly engaged talked about the wedding, which will take place next year, but no date yet. In the future we hope to Silvia Madden and Chris settling in Sweden.
- Yes, of course. As it is, they are of course in the U.S., but Chris O'Neill is very international. He has lived in England and has a business there, she says.
Silvia also reveals that she has already seen the engagement ring.
- The sparkles as much as the princess's eyes, she says.

:previous:
Video >
Silvia "Ringen gnistrar precis som hennes ögon" | Kungligt | Kungligt

Bine221 10-25-2012 05:13 AM

I am really happy for the two, so congratulations!!!!

I am also happy, that they did it completely different this time than at the first engagement.... great pics and a super-sweet video

Bye Bine

salma 10-25-2012 05:14 AM

Great news. I hope she has more luck this time.

principessa 10-25-2012 05:15 AM

I hope we will see them at the Nobel Prizes!

COESpiral 10-25-2012 05:20 AM

Congratulations to the happy couple! May they have many, many years together in happiness.

empress sissi 10-25-2012 05:32 AM

Congratulations to the couple! They are so beautiful together! I'm happy for them!

Lostriver 10-25-2012 05:49 AM

Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris :heartflower::twohearts:

Kataryn 10-25-2012 05:56 AM

I wonder what title Christopher will get, if any, as he probably won't give up his American citizenship? And I'm curious if he takes on the Bernadotte name like Daniel did?

But he seems to be a very nice man, just like Daniel - both appear to be able to give their wifes stability and support when they need it but are able to step back if their wifes need space. :flowers:

Marika86 10-25-2012 05:59 AM

Princess Madeleine to marry Chris O'Neill - hellomagazine.com

Prinsessan 10-25-2012 06:03 AM

Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris. I hope it ends more fortunate than her first engagement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1476790)
Chris comes across as a macho type of guy, at least knowing quite well what he wants. I cant see him moving to Sweden or even showing up at events that are not must-attend.
I hope they have the strength to lead a life of their own. Good luck!

Just to add: The little video is one of the silliest things a royal court has provided, ever!!!

I agree, especially with the last sentence. The video is so terribly posed and her little happy chuckle in the end :unsure:

principessa 10-25-2012 06:29 AM

I love the video. It's so sweet.

Archduchess Zelia 10-25-2012 06:31 AM

Aw, congratulations to Madeleine and Chris.
He seems like a legit and sweet guy, not like that scumbag she was engaged to before.
It's kind of an odd way to announce it though, isn't it?

Dman 10-25-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prinsessan (Post 1476821)
Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris. I hope it ends more fortunate than her first engagement.

I agree, especially with the last sentence. The video is so terribly posed and her little happy chuckle in the end :unsure:

I thought I was the only one who thought the video was a little silly. It was like something out of an odd movie.

Rossina 10-25-2012 06:32 AM

Congratulations to the newly engaged couple.... cant wait for their wedding.

Dman 10-25-2012 06:33 AM

It was nice to hear from him in the video though.

KitKat2006 10-25-2012 06:40 AM

I didn't see this engagement coming right now, but I wish them all the best nontheless. And I keep my fingers crossed that this engagement ends in a wedding and not in tears. Madeleine deserves her happily ever after.

Let's just hope there will be an official date for the wedding soon. Her last engagement became a farce when they postponed a date again and again. My bets are on May or August.

And even though I really wish Carl Philip and Sofia their happily ever after, too, I really hope they keep calm now until after Madeleine and Chris are married. For the sake of CP&S and for the SRF I really don't wish them history repeating itself when it comes to a double engagement again.

So, YAY!!!! for Madeleine and Chris. :twohearts::fireworks::twohearts:

And please, please keep calm, Carl Philip and Sofia. Another few month of waiting won't kill you.

TRCRoyal 10-25-2012 06:53 AM

Well, I'm glad for Madeleine, and I wish her happiness and all that, but I don't like Chris, he seems weird to me.

I think they won't show up at most of the events.
But he's learning Swedish, so there's hope!

I'm quite afraid Madeleine would like to have a modern low key wedding without a white tie gala!!!!!!

csw 10-25-2012 06:55 AM

At least one news agency is picking up on the US angle! Let's hope this leads to much attention here.

Swedish princess to wed American 'soulmate' - CNN.com

An Ard Ri 10-25-2012 06:57 AM

Congratulations to the happy couple!

Ilary 10-25-2012 06:59 AM

I've been waiting for this one! So happy for them. Congratulations

Daisiesforever 10-25-2012 07:03 AM

I think we are in for a summer wedding. Looking so forward to it as they are a lovely couple.

Josefine 10-25-2012 07:04 AM

fox news
Sweden's Princess Madeleine engaged to New York banker, wedding planned next year | Fox News

other sites
https://www.thenewage.co.za/67178-102..._engaged_again

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-w...ess-madeleine/

madrid 10-25-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csw (Post 1476847)
At least one news agency is picking up on the US angle! Let's hope this leads to much attention here.

Swedish princess to wed American 'soulmate' - CNN.com

Has it been shown on CNN or just the online version?

rominet09 10-25-2012 07:22 AM

Happy for them !!!

Meraude 10-25-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KitKat2006 (Post 1476838)
My bets are on May or August.

My guess is the second or third week in June, after the end of the school year in Sweden but before Midsummer, June is a very common month for weddings in Sweden, even in the SRF. Another popular wedding date in Sweden is Saturday before Whitsunday, but as it's on the day after the Norwegian national day and the Norwegian royal family will most likely be among the guests invited to the wedding, I doubt Madeleine and Chris will chose that day.

Daz_Voz 10-25-2012 07:36 AM

Best wishes to them.

princess carmen 10-25-2012 07:58 AM

Congratulations to them I wish them the best. I thought the video was cute and different.

Lenora 10-25-2012 08:00 AM

Congratulations to the couple!
Now the media will focus even more on Madeleine and Chris, I suppose.

KitKat2006 10-25-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by principessa (Post 1476865)
I definitely hope that they will marry in May or in July because in June I am giving birth to my second child and won't be able to watch the wedding on TV.

HAHAHA!!!!

That's the main reason why I excluded June myself. Only that it's my first child and not the second. ;)

Lumutqueen 10-25-2012 08:12 AM

Congratulations. But it's a bit soon in my eyes, love is love I guess.

principessa 10-25-2012 08:21 AM

Maybe we see Prince Charles and Camilla at the wedding as Charles is a good friend of Madeleine's mother-in-law.

suztav 10-25-2012 08:37 AM

So happy for Madeleine! Congratulations to them!

Bine221 10-25-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KitKat2006 (Post 1476838)

And even though I really wish Carl Philip and Sofia their happily ever after, too, I really hope they keep calm now until after Madeleine and Chris are married. For the sake of CP&S and for the SRF I really don't wish them history repeating itself when it comes to a double engagement again.

So, YAY!!!! for Madeleine and Chris. :twohearts::fireworks::twohearts:

And please, please keep calm, Carl Philip and Sofia. Another few month of waiting won't kill you.

Hmmmm, I would fret and fume, if I were Sofia, I really thought, they would announce first.....
Waiting after Madeleines wedding would mean, announcement in Summer/Autumn 2013, wedding in 2014, unless it will be a Winterwedding.... still quite some time to wait....
BYe Bine

barber 10-25-2012 08:46 AM

I'ám very happy for them and hope she have with Chris a better time ! congratulations!!

IloveCP 10-25-2012 08:47 AM

Congratulations! So happy for them!

ayvee 10-25-2012 08:55 AM

Hooray, another royal wedding to look forward to!

I like her engagement ring. The diamond looks like a princess-cut or cushion-cut.

Madeleine looks so happy in the official engagement pictures. As for Chris, he seems very reserved. He doesn't smile (as in showing teeth) in any of the pictures.

Josefine 10-25-2012 08:55 AM

daily mail
Get ready for ANOTHER royal wedding¿ as Swedish princess announces engagement to New York banker | Mail Online

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-proposal.html

media seattle
https://www.seattlepi.com/news/articl...er-3979612.php

Seraphine 10-25-2012 08:55 AM

I congratulate the couple.

I somehow have the feeling that there are shadows over the engagement. May be it's the autumn weather, maybe it's the dark colour of the picture. I have the feeling, that this ends up in divorce in may be ten years.
There is no question, if this wedding takes part - it will, because otherwise Madeleine is blamed forever.
But is it only me who has the feeling that the woman on the picture is NOT Madeleine ???
I mean - sure it's her - but when I look at her I have the feeling the old Madeleine is gone. Look at old pictures and you know what I mean.

I miss the light-heartedness of a swedish summer that she once emanated.

Kit 10-25-2012 09:03 AM

To be honest I am very happy for them. I thought so a while that an engagement would be coming and to be honest I way prefer Chris over Jonas Bergström. He strikes me as very reliable.
When I look at Madeleine now I see a beautiful and intelligent young woman who is quite self-confident and happy. When I look back at Madeleine during the Jonas-years I hardly regonize her. Her true self was never shining through while being with him. Just my opionion but I much prefer her now than 3 years ago.

moby 10-25-2012 09:03 AM

I notice the black and white photo is by Patrick Demarchelier, nice. She looks so much more comfortable in the photos than Chris O'Neill, which is understandable, of course. But certainly gives me the impression he'll have a difficult time adjusting to royal life, should they choose to live in Sweden. Despite Chris' seeming discomfort though, I like this set of photos than the ones before as it has a sophisticated, mature feel to them.

marlene 10-25-2012 09:08 AM

Everyone is saying that Chris is American, is that because he lives in America or do we actually know he immigrated there.The only reason I ask is because if you listen to the video he has a british accent when he talks.What do we know about him?

Kit 10-25-2012 09:11 AM

His mother is Austrian. One of his sisters is married to an English Lord I think the other one lives also in Austria and is married to an Count. Just one or two weeks ago there was a report in our magazine News about the upcoming engangement between Chris and Madeleine. Apparently NEWS had it right this time ;-)
And how beautiful does Madeleine look in the green dress ? STUNNING! And the earrings are to die for.

Kit 10-25-2012 09:14 AM

Here is my post exactly one week ago in the Press Speculation thread on 10/18 :

Quote:

According to our (Austrian) magazine News Madeleine and Chris will announce their engagement by the end of November. I wouldn't take this speculation serious though .....
Seems NEWS got it right - for ONCE! :-)

Frelinghighness 10-25-2012 09:24 AM

He was born in Britain where his late American father was working and holds dual british/american citizenship, according to the CNN and some other less reliable us sources. He does have a british accent.

Madelene seems so happy and so to have grown up so much since meeting him.
I loved the video, we could listen to their voices and see them with each other. He does smile in the video and the green dress looks lovely with her eyes and the tapestry.
The video may seem silly to some of us, but is more appropriate to her age group.

The Swedish women in the RF all have such warm, sonorous voices, it is one of their great charms.
Watching Q Silvia's interview and listening to her lovely voice and understanding very little, transmits that she is very happy about this.
I hope the wedding is asap and mid-june, but of course not the 19th would suit me fine.
Good luck to our newly pregnant posters who are expecting to deliver then! It is a wonderful month to have a baby!

FasterB 10-25-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayvee (Post 1476890)
Madeleine looks so happy in the official engagement pictures. As for Chris, he seems very reserved. He doesn't smile (as in showing teeth) in any of the pictures.

Perhaps he´s a person who doesn´t smile with teeth :flowers: I am that kind of a person, who never smile showing teeth :flowers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by marlene (Post 1476897)
Everyone is saying that Chris is American, is that because he lives in America or do we actually know he immigrated there.The only reason I ask is because if you listen to the video he has a british accent when he talks.What do we know about him?

He has citizenhship both in Great Britain and USA :flowers:

amedea 10-25-2012 09:59 AM

I wish Madeleine all the best but I must admit my feelings towards this engagement are not good: they dated for very little time, I wonder if she had the time to understand if this guy is really interested in Madeleine or if he is more interested in the princess of Sweden.
I can't help but thinking that she's trying to forget Jonas by marrying as soon as possible someone with a very good CV.
Nothing rational about my thoughts, it's only a feeling!

Btw YES, that video of the couple WAS very SILLY!

Molly2101 10-25-2012 10:10 AM

Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris, and I wish them (as Sophie, Countess of Wessex says) "all the love and luck in the world!". They may not have known each other very long, but I hope it works out for them. Madeleine is beautiful, and dare I say it, more beautiful than her older sister...

The video of them is quite cute, particularly Madeleine's "teehee" at the end. :D

Ps. Another Royal wedding to look forward to! I know it will not be as big as Victoria and Daniel's wedding, but I do hope it receives lots of coverage and we have lots of Royals attend. Am I wrong in hoping Royals will attend or will it be private?

biboquinhas 10-25-2012 10:10 AM

I wish them all the best! Is it normal to have a video? I found that very strange... I saw the video but without listening to it and they look very weird...looking at each other:cool:...Only some photos would be nice....

Her_Majesty 10-25-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amedea (Post 1476912)
I wish Madeleine all the best but I must admit my feelings towards this engagement are not good: they dated for very little time

This doesn't have to mean anything. I think Felipe and Letizia for example only dated for about a year when they got engaged.
Quote:

I wonder if she had the time to understand if this guy is really interested in Madeleine or if he is more interested in the princess of Sweden.
I think that's what Jonas tried back then: getting some kind of social status by marrying a Swedish princess... at least that's my impression after the whole Jonas-story....
Chris seems to be part of a wealthy and considered family. I don't think he's marrying Madeleine for her title or social status. At least I really hope so. :flowers:

Kit 10-25-2012 10:32 AM

Here is a short biography of Chris from the Swedish Court. :flowers:https://www.kungahuset.se/download/18...+Biography.pdf

Al_bina 10-25-2012 10:41 AM

Congratulations to the couple!
I am surprised to learn that Mr. O'Neill is British. I thought he was American.

RubyPrincess168 10-25-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amedea (Post 1476912)
I wish Madeleine all the best but I must admit my feelings towards this engagement are not good: they dated for very little time, I wonder if she had the time to understand if this guy is really interested in Madeleine or if he is more interested in the princess of Sweden.
I can't help but thinking that she's trying to forget Jonas by marrying as soon as possible someone with a very good CV.
Nothing rational about my thoughts, it's only a feeling!

Btw YES, that video of the couple WAS very SILLY!

I also feel like Chris is the "rebound" relationship. I don't know that this marriage will last. She was with jonas longer, and described him as her soulmate at one point too.

But, I'm not going to complain about another royal wedding!

Dman 10-25-2012 10:57 AM

I just wish them the best and hope they are very happy.

Prinsessan 10-25-2012 11:05 AM

I didn't realize they were together only about a year and a half, already seems forever to me. I'm generally against getting married that soon, but it's not uncommon in "celebrity" relationships and Madeleine has for a while been more a celebrity than a royal (in my eyes).
That's why I also don't think they'll have a very royal lifestyle or that Chris is only marrying her for being a princess. He's pretty successful I guess and I don't think they will move to Sweden and suddenly attend lots of events or something like that.

PssKatie 10-25-2012 11:12 AM

Congratulations to the couple! They look very happy in the official engagement photos/video!

Artemisia 10-25-2012 11:41 AM

Congratulations to the couple! Wishing them a long and happy life together.
Looks like recent reports of "imminent engagement" were accurate after all.

HeLLeNa14 10-25-2012 11:42 AM

Have just heard the news and I am very happy for them. Many congratulations!

Duke-of-Earl 10-25-2012 11:46 AM

Congrats

Congratulations to the couple! Madeleine is a real cutie :biggrin:

I don't know much about the SRF, is she an 'active' member and on what scale can we expect the celebrations? More a private affair or state wedding?

robby86 10-25-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kataryn (Post 1476817)
I wonder what title Christopher will get, if any, as he probably won't give up his American citizenship? And I'm curious if he takes on the Bernadotte name like Daniel did? :flowers:

If he doesn't become a Prince would he at least be a Duke? Like Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge?

hkittybaby 10-25-2012 11:51 AM

I'm so happy about them!! I wish them all the best

Hans-Rickard 10-25-2012 11:52 AM

I guess for a wedding on Saturday 15:th June. June is a very common wedding-month in the SRF and there is also a bit of symbolism in that date as it was the wedding date for Madeleines godmother and aunt Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson.

I might be wrong but i think they will choose to have the wedding in the Royal Palace Church and not the Cathedral .

Artemisia 10-25-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl (Post 1476952)
Congratulations to the couple! Madeleine is a real cutie :biggrin:

I don't know much about the SRF, is she an 'active' member and on what scale can we expect the celebrations? More a private affair or state wedding?

Madeleine used to be an active working member of the Royal Family until she moved to New York (after she called off her previous engagement). After moving to New York, she started working for the World Childhood Foundation - an organization hr mother c-founded. She does perform duties in Sweden as well, but very rarely.

Her wedding will most definitely be a smaller affair than Victoria's, but I still expect it to be a glittering and probably semi-state event.
Madeleine may be 4th in the line of succession, but she's still the Monarch's daughter.

Lumutqueen 10-25-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robby86

If he doesn't become a Prince would he at least be a Duke? Like Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge?

He'll probably getting a dukedom. Catherine never got made a Duchess she takes her style from her husband who was made a Duke upon marriage.

Chris still looks like a 50 year old sugar daddy in his engagement picture, and I am in no way saying that's what he actually is. I have always maintained he looks older than he is.

Artemisia 10-25-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robby86 (Post 1476953)

Kate is still a Princess - Princess William. She just used her husband's highest available title, which is the Duke of Cambridge. If William hadn't been granted a peerage title, then Kate would have been known as Princess William, just as the wife of Prince Michael of Kent is known as Princess Michael.

When Madeleine was engaged to Jonas, it was announced that he would be referred to as Duke of Halsingland and Gastrikland (male version of Madeleine's titles). I'd image the same will apply to Chris. Whether he is created a Prince of Sweden in his own right (like Daniel was) remains to be seen, but I wouldn't be surprised if he were.

Duke-of-Earl 10-25-2012 12:05 PM

A man takes his wife's style in Sweden?? Good grief!