The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style, Part 1: Oct. 2012 - April 2013 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/hereditary-grand-duchess-st-phanies-fashion-and-style-part-1-oct-2012-april-2013-a-33870.html)

Baroness of Books 03-18-2013 09:06 PM

Her clothes look too big and baggy for her, sorry to say. She's got a lovely figure and needs clothing better tailored for it.

Frelinghighness 03-18-2013 10:46 PM

The coat and pants look really bad. The colors are terrible and the pants are way too long and wide, you can't even see her feet, I don't know how she walked.
The dress at the concert was nice from what I could see.
Great that she cut her hair, it frames her face now and gives the appearance of more body.

Bine221 03-18-2013 11:48 PM

The too-long and too big pants are horrible, the rest it ok.
I would love to see her with more colours, she dresses very much in beige, brown, grey colours - as if she wants to hide herself.

Yes, a fashion stylist woule be great, to give her some advice.

Bye Bine

dazzling 03-19-2013 06:14 AM

The coat would've been nice in a stronger color and without pants underneath.

The concert dress color is nice color on her and I give her credit for the hairstyle but unfortunately it only aged her.

blauerengel 03-19-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julliette (Post 1528953)
Stephanie's two last appearances
Alzheimer Luxembourg Association

Side view ** Front view
I like her coat but I'm not sure it goes well with wide leg pants and I'm sure it doesn't go well with nude pants. Weird colour combination.

Concert: https://img844.imageshack.us/img844/4...84800thumb.jpg
She looks just perfect in this last one

I agree with you,the coat is very cute and princessy,a beautiful choice of cut and colour-with a slimmer trouser or skirt it would definitely make a great outfit!

The dress from the concert is lovely,it suits her and she looks so sweet and innocent,I really adore her charming personality-very discreet and noble.

Other than that I believe she is more intellectual and doesn´t really care for fashion or superficial things,she may hire a stylist who is honest with her and tells her what cuts and silhouettes to take so that she can use her time for important things and not waste it on sartorial questions:-)

I like the colours Stephanie is wearing and seeming to enjoy a lot-pastels and mute colours,nothing that is screaming and especially the icy blue colour look wonderful with her complexion and lovely hair:flowers:

Daria_S 03-20-2013 06:32 PM

I really like the coat, but not with the slacks that look absolutely sloppy. She has the figure to wear straight-leg pants, and they don't even have to be skin tight, but just a tad narrower than these (even bootcut would work, I think). The style of the dress is very flattering for Stephanie, but the color is not. She has a pale complexion, and the peach tone is just making her look even more washed out.

rominet09 03-20-2013 08:04 PM

I really LOVE Stéphanie but tell me : where does she find this kind of pants ? I don't see people around still wearing them

Baroness of Books 03-20-2013 08:29 PM

Saying this with love because Stephanie is so adorable, but maybe she was rummaging around in Princess Anne's retro closet.:lol:

Pranter 03-20-2013 08:30 PM

How do people (in their social circle) usually dress in their country?

LaRae

GracieGiraffe 03-20-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baroness of Books (Post 1529976)
Saying this with love because Stephanie is so adorable, but maybe she was rummaging around in Princess Anne's retro closet.:lol:

Yes, I think it's actually difficult to find these articles of clothing.

Baroness of Books 03-20-2013 09:21 PM

That's why you could probably find them in Anne's closet; she hordes everything!

Daria_S 03-20-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Oh, you just gave me the funnies image of Anne, giving Stephanie fashion advice, and the latter actually taking notes :biggrin: :lol: :rofl:.

Baroness of Books 03-20-2013 09:26 PM

Yes, Daria, Anne is the doyenne of retro fashion and young Stephanie is probably sitting at her feet absorbing her words of fashion wisdom!:biggrin:

GracieGiraffe 03-20-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baroness of Books (Post 1530016)
Yes, Daria, Anne is the doyenne of retro fashion and young Stephanie is probably sitting at her feet absorbing her words of fashion wisdom!:biggrin:

Is there no way we can put a stop to this? Who can we text in the royal circle?

cepe 03-20-2013 10:22 PM

She seems to have led a very protected life, brought by parents and siblings a lot older than her. Her breakout moment was the wedding but she is slipping back. I know some posters thought i was mad to suggest help from her m-in-law but she does need to know what is expected of her; the oportunities available out there and given a bunch of dough to go and experiment - wildly.

I would prefer crazy and out there as opposed to old fashioned, too large and blerrgh

HRHHermione 03-20-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1530032)
She seems to have led a very protected life, brought by parents and siblings a lot older than her. Her breakout moment was the wedding but she is slipping back. I know some posters thought i was mad to suggest help from her m-in-law but she does need to know what is expected of her; the oportunities available out there and given a bunch of dough to go and experiment - wildly.

I would prefer crazy and out there as opposed to old fashioned, too large and blerrgh

Yea those pants were dreadful. The coat could have been cute had it not been for the hideous pants. She's a pretty girl, but she's dressing like her own grandmother and it's not doing her any favors at all.

I think probably you're right and she's very sheltered and will need some help to come into her own.

blauerengel 03-21-2013 06:12 AM

Quote:

Haha,that´s true,Anne has the funkiest funny 70ies fashion around :tongue:
I love both Anne and Stephanie a lot for their personality,level-headed attitude and character,so I am always careful with my criticism of their sartorial choices.
Let´s be honest-wouldn´t it be boring without their retro fashion?
For me at least it is a nice break from the usual princessy clothes that we see everyday!
The wide-leg pants/Marlene/Navy-style could work well with a tight top,I like that trousers because they are so flowy and comfortable.
Nothing wrong with wide clothes, but I always go one part flowy,one part tight-so a wide pant combined with a tight shirt or a loose blouse with skinny/tight trousers,than it looks great!

LadyFinn 03-24-2013 12:52 PM

Stéphanie on Saturday at the closing ceremony of the European Science Olympiad in Luxembourg.
https://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...31164824_n.jpg
https://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...02469646_n.jpg

And one more scarf, she should get rid of them. This outfit is boring, the shoes are nice.

SLV 03-24-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1531522)
Stéphanie on Saturday at the closing ceremony of the European Science Olympiad in Luxembourg.
https://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...31164824_n.jpg
https://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...02469646_n.jpg

And one more scarf, she should get rid of them. This outfit is boring, the shoes are nice.

I think that she looked very nice. And I love that scarf.

gerry 03-24-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLV (Post 1531543)
I think that she looked very nice. And I love that scarf.

the hereditary grand duchess does indeed look very nice, retro and respectable, just like Luxemburg. Would posters prefer she show up in outfits more usually associated with RTL and its iconic presenters from the sixties? (look up the images and enjoy!:lol:)