The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume, Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   HGD Stéphanie, Current Events Part 1: October 2012 - (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f121/hgd-st-phanie-current-events-part-1-october-2012-a-33783.html)

Princess Robijn 09-30-2012 04:02 PM

HGD Stéphanie, Current Events Part 1: October 2012 -

https://aroyalheraldry.weebly.com/up...g-svg_orig.png

Welcome to the 1st thread for Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie of Luxembourg's Current Events.
Please post current news and events of Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie in this thread

While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines :

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.

Thanks and happy Posting!

JessRulz, Marengo & Princess Robijn
Luxembourg Forum Moderators

principessa 10-30-2012 04:44 AM

Stéphanie has her own biographical section at the website of the LRF.

La Grande-Duchesse Héritière - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Famille grand-ducale

I wonder when Tessy will be there included.

Breffney 11-24-2012 03:54 PM

Eagerly awaiting Stephanie's solo events and appearances. :flowers:

Moonmaiden23 11-25-2012 12:57 AM

So do I Breffney. She seemed to take to the crowds during her two day wedding ceremonies with an ease and charm that came quite naturally to her...lucky Luxembourg!

Naggi 11-25-2012 05:37 AM

Does anyone have an idea of when her first solo appearance would be?

Meraude 12-12-2012 02:55 PM

Not on her own but with the grand-duchess to a concert for SOS Childrens' Villages concert on December 6th: Wort.lu - La Grande-Duchesse et la Princesse au concert de SOS Villages d'enfants Stéphanie seems to like shawls, this time a purple one.

julliette 12-13-2012 02:08 PM

From what I can see both ladies look amazing. Wish we can have better pics

Marijke 12-14-2012 11:03 AM

Here is another one!

Concert en faveur de SOS Village d

Rayarena 12-14-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marijke (Post 1493797)

Nice pictures, and Stephanie seems to be sliding into her role as Hereditary Grand Duchess with all of the demands that entails effortlessly.

Noor Mariam 12-15-2012 07:30 AM

Nice pictures. I really love Stéphanie and her sytle !!

julliette 12-15-2012 07:42 AM

She looks lovely in the last picture.

Moonmaiden23 12-16-2012 10:35 PM

She does look radiant in that last photo. Very pretty color!

rominet09 12-17-2012 07:16 AM

She is really delightful !!! She has become one of my favourite Princess !!!

HereditaryPrincess 12-17-2012 07:20 AM

I love the colour of Stephanie's dress! :smile:

Kataryn 12-17-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by principessa (Post 1478559)
Stéphanie has her own biographical section at the website of the LRF.

La Grande-Duchesse Héritière - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Famille grand-ducale

I wonder when Tessy will be there included.

You find biographies of both Louis and Tessy at the "Louis"-section of that page. So she is already included.

LadyGabrielle 02-19-2013 03:58 PM

Is it just me or does she seem to dress a little too frumpy and old for her age? Im sorry, it's just that I have yet to see her in something young and fresh looking. She is always wearing suits that look heavy and cover her like she is in her 60's. Maybe it's a Luxembourg thing. Just saying.

MarNoe 02-19-2013 04:11 PM

I think the way Stephanie dresses is a reflection of the values taught by her parents who were much older than most others. Their attitudes and perceptions represent a more circumspect era, both as a result of their age and of their position. Maybe Stephanie will loosen up a bit as she gains confidence in herself.

rominet09 02-19-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarNoe (Post 1519005)
I think the way Stephanie dresses is a reflection of the values taught by her parents who were much older than most others. Their attitudes and perceptions represent a more circumspect era, both as a result of their age and of their position. Maybe Stephanie will loosen up a bit as she gains confidence in herself.

I think you are right !:flowers:

julliette 02-19-2013 06:30 PM

^^ I agree too. It's going to be interesting to see how her style evolves (or not) with time

Meraude 02-19-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarNoe (Post 1519005)

Maybe it also has to do with her faith, depending on how strict her Catholic faith is, one of her sisters are in a religious order, and an aunt is a nun, as well as having relatives who are priests. Perhaps she's more into a spiritual life than other crown princesses are and the importance of dressing and beautiful clothes will not play a major role in her life, and instead she will concentrate on what she can do in her role as hereditary grand duchess.

NGalitzine 02-19-2013 06:56 PM

^^^^
Or maybe she really is frumpy and has bad taste.

GracieGiraffe 02-19-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meraude (Post 1519056)
Maybe it also has to do with her faith, depending on how strict her Catholic faith is, one of her sisters are in a religious order, and an aunt is a nun, as well as having relatives who are priests. Perhaps she's more into a spiritual life than other crown princesses are and the importance of dressing and beautiful clothes will not play a major role in her life, and instead she will concentrate on what she can do in her role as hereditary grand duchess.

Good points. I too have wondered about that, and she does remind me of ultra-religious people who I know.

Whatever she is, she's certainly not vain.

julliette 02-19-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Good point about her faith. Maybe what we see as old fashioned, conservative as a result of her having been surrounded by much older people her entire life and raised by such old parents also has to do with her faith. Maybe she believes in values like modesty and moderation when choosing your clothes, which are typical of people who are deeply religious, and her family seems to be deeply religious. In any case, this may change as she enters a "new" family, who are also religious but the women are not afraid of a bit of glamour.
In any case, it's going to be interesting to see how she changes/evolves with time

Pranter 02-19-2013 07:37 PM

I think it's refreshing to NOT see half naked pictures of royalty.

LaRae

LadyGabrielle 02-19-2013 08:09 PM

Oh, I did mot mean to imply that she should go around half naked, I just think she is a lovely young woman and she dresses so conservative. I did not stop to think that it was due to her upbringing or her religious beliefs. Of course that would make a difference seeing that she is quite modest. I should have thought it through better.

Meraude 02-19-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGalitzine (Post 1519058)
^^^^
Or maybe she really is frumpy and has bad taste.

Good taste is not something that comes naturally, as (almost) everything else it has to be cultivated, and if you are not interested in something you don't find interesting or important, you won't cultivate that trait. Perhaps Stéphanie prefers dressing comfortable rather than fashionable.

MarNoe 02-19-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Good point. Of course that depends on how religious she is personally. I come from a large Irish Catholic family with several nuns as cousins. I can remember as a 5 year old helping smuggle a case of beer into the convent residence 2-3 bottles at a time in a paper bag - this was 1950-1 of course.:rofl:

Moonmaiden23 02-19-2013 09:49 PM

I agree with all of you especially Meraude. As much as I enjoy seeing some of the CP's like Kate and Charlene look stylish and dazzling and wear beautiful clothes, I am more than ready for a Princess who will take a completely opposite anti-glam approach to her position. She was breathtaking on the most important day of her public life, the day that really counts.

As long as Stephanie's clothes are clean and she is well groomed I don't really mind if she isn't that interested in fashion for now.

Grandma828 02-19-2013 10:31 PM

Remember she has also been grieving for her Mother. If you haven't been through that kind of grief, let me assure you it can take a long time to work through it. We will all just have to watch her grow into her roll as a Princess.

4Pam 02-19-2013 11:08 PM

I think Stephanie is pretty stylish. Not in the same way as Mary, Kate, MM, Letizia or Maxima but in her own way. She's just more modest that the other CP's.

stellad 02-19-2013 11:16 PM

Agree with you 4Pam, Stephanie is extremely modest in her dress sense.

julliette 02-20-2013 07:43 AM

I agree 4Pam, I don't think Stephanie is frumpy, has bad taste and many other things I've read here in the forum. I've seen her chosen quite some beautiful and fashionable items. I don't get the vibe that SHe doesn't care. I think she cares, she's polished, chooses beautiful clothes, accessories etc. But she's modest, which may reflect her personality but also her faith and the way she sees life.

Bine221 02-20-2013 08:05 AM

Modest - Hopefully not, if it comes to glittering events and jewelry.... then I want to see ther sparkle - with everything, which is in the Luxemburg vaults! Hope she follows her mother-in-law in this case :angel:
BYe Bine

Daria_S 02-20-2013 12:44 PM

I applaud Stephanie for dressing in a conservative and modest style. It definitely strikes me that she's more oriented towards being comfortable, and maybe seeing how the press is always praising (or trashing) some of the other princesses when it comes to their dress, and paying little to no attention to the causes they're supporting, she may have come to a conclusion that dressing down and allowing her charities and causes to do the talking she may be able to make a difference. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing Catherine, Mary, and other royal ladies dress to (almost) impress when out on public duties, but I do wish that the focus (in case of Catherine) would be on the charity and not the wardrobe.

Moonmaiden23 02-21-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Pam (Post 1519150)
I think Stephanie is pretty stylish. Not in the same way as Mary, Kate, MM, Letizia or Maxima but in her own way. She's just more modest that the other CP's.

She's not as haute couture as her peers, but she has her moments. I really liked that pale green evening gown she wore to Christoph and Adelaide's wedding dinner.

Mariel 02-21-2013 11:48 PM

I too like her conservative and modest style. I would get better tailoring for her slacks, but even they are OK. I think her hair would look better pulled up or pulled back. It becomes wispy hanging down in front. I agree with the general tone of approval here for her different way of dressing than most crown princesses.

CrownPrincessJava 02-22-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mariel (Post 1519799)
I too like her conservative and modest style. I would get better tailoring for her slacks, but even they are OK. I think her hair would look better pulled up or pulled back. It becomes wispy hanging down in front. I agree with the general tone of approval here for her different way of dressing than most crown princesses.

I think people need to remember she's a good 12+ years younger than her counterparts. Give her time to adjust to her new role. She will find her own style, just like her predecessor, GD MT did.

carlota 02-22-2013 01:57 AM

maybe we need to be more patient, she's only just married into the lux family. it may take some time for her to find her own style, but i'm sure she will get all the support she needs to be a great representative of luxembourg. i am happy she's not a clothes horse. her future work will be far more important and i'm looking forward to seeing her getting more and more involved in the not too distant future. that way people will concentrate more on what she does and less on what she wears. but her appearances are quite rare as of now, so people have interest in seeing what she wears and how she behaves. that will all be a second interest when we get to see her doing activities more often.

as bine says, i just hope she sparkles up for her gala appearances. and from what we've seen at her wedding gala, i'm sure she will.

let's not forget that tessy seemed much more conservative when she married into the luxembourg family. maybe the same will happen with stephanie. she just needs some time to settle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bine221 (Post 1519220)
Modest - Hopefully not, if it comes to glittering events and jewelry.... then I want to see ther sparkle - with everything, which is in the Luxemburg vaults! Hope she follows her mother-in-law in this case :angel:
BYe Bine

marine2109 02-18-2014 07:47 AM

Quote:

Portrait of a Princess at 30 - Happy Birthday to Luxembourg's Princess Stéphanie!
Wort.lu - Portrait of a Princess at 30 - Happy Birthday to Luxembourg's Princess Stéphanie!

Valerie Rose 02-18-2014 02:08 PM

Thank you for that link, marine2109 - a lovely set of photos.

MARG 02-18-2014 04:27 PM

:previous: She is a lovely young woman and, as seen last year, is not always wearing ultra conservative clothes that are too old for her. (But the hat is odd, or more correctly, placed in an odd manner . . . nah, it's just odd) :ermm:

https://www.wort.lu/img/a46f50fb526ec...c45a4e7cab.jpg

Rudolph 10-22-2014 04:32 PM

Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie had her first solo engagement

Luxarazzi : Stéphanie's First Solo Engagement

After 2 years?

HereditaryPrincess 10-22-2014 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 1713127)

After 2 years?

Yes I agree, I also found it unusual that Stephanie has only just had her first solo engagement. I wonder why she has left it late - perhaps she didn't feel confident enough on her own in the past, but now feels that she's ready.

That aside, she looks lovely!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

SydneyLux 10-22-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

After 2 years?

If you read the article, you will see that it is nothing unusual.

Her mother-in-law also did not have many solo engagement early on into her marriage from what I can gather.

Moonmaiden23 10-22-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess (Post 1713150)
Yes I agree, I also found it unusual that Stephanie has only just had her first solo engagement. I wonder why she has left it late - perhaps she didn't feel confident enough on her own in the past, but now feels that she's ready.

That aside, she looks lovely!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

She doesn't hold the record, however. That would be Letizia at 2 1/2 year wait, with Mette-Marit the champ at 3 1/2.:cool:

Meanwhile Stephanie has also completely mastered the difficult dialect of her new country in less than two years. Princess Charlene of Monaco still cannot manage French after a decade and for that matter I don't believe Catherine Duchess of Cambridge can speak the language of the principality whose name she will bear someday...Welsh, even though she married over three years ago.

Anyway, great article Sydney...thank you;)!

Lady Nimue 10-22-2014 10:40 PM

Quote:

After 2 years?

Bravo, Stephanie! :flowers: Well done. Not an easy skill set to master imo.

SElizabeth 10-22-2014 11:19 PM

Quote:

After 2 years?

I think she went through a really tough time after here marriage, she was grieving the death of her mother just right before her marriage and in reading about her family, she was very close to her. With that, and trying to find her way in her new position in her marriage, she has had to develop more self confidence to get out there. She looks great and it is nice to see that maybe finally she is coming into her own with is new life. I have always liked her, she is a very beautiful lady and sometimes her choice of clothing leaves me shaking my head, yet she is coming out and learning to do what is important.

Frelinghighness 10-22-2014 11:27 PM

Letitzia and mette marit were busy deliverying heirs at two years

Moonmaiden23 10-22-2014 11:49 PM

No, Mette-Marit was not busy delivering heirs at two years. She was living in London with Haakon as a student for her first couple of years as a Royal and some Norwegians were not thrilled. She returned to Oslo full time upon the announcement of her first pregnancy with Ingrid-Alexandra. I-A wasn't born until January 2004.

As for Letizia, the Court announced her solo calendar for the first time late in 2006, after she had also been married 2 1/2 years and was pregnant with Sofia. BTW, up till then there had been just as much sniping online about her lack of solo appearances as there has been with Stephanie.

In any case, the business of producing heirs does not preclude solo engagements. Many Royal women past and present have managed both.

miche 10-23-2014 12:36 AM

Stephanie speaks Luxembourgish?

Moonmaiden23 10-23-2014 12:53 AM

Yes, quite fluently now. She granted a sit down interview last summer completely in Luxembourgish. I am certain there is a transcript of it over at Luxurazzi, and perhaps even some video.

Marijke 03-11-2015 07:21 AM

10-3-2015

HGD Stéphanie visite de la nouvelle aile Wiltheim du Musée National d’Histoire et d’Art

Monarchie:

Visite de la nouvelle aile Wiltheim du Musée National d’Histoire et d’Art - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Mars 2015

WORT:

Princess Stéphanie's exclusive tour of new museum wing.

https://www.wort.lu/en/panorama/luxem...88b46a8ce55284

Erbgroßherzogin Stéphanie schaute vorbei

https://www.wort.lu/de/lokales/nation...88b46a8ce5518a

Moonmaiden23 03-11-2015 08:25 PM

I love seeing her out and about.:flowers:

rominet09 03-12-2015 07:03 PM

Good on her ! She is really lovely and likeable !

Olyashka 04-24-2015 04:14 AM

I got here after accidentally stumbling upon some blogs with people insulting her fashion style and having no baby yet. It was painful to read.

I like Stéphanie. For me, her style is classicaly elegant. I would be very glad if she won't change. Also, I hope she won't be criticised for not having a baby yet. This "blackmailing" and pressuring of her to conceive reminds me of Queen Fabiola of Belgium's.

Lenora 04-24-2015 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olyashka (Post 1771056)
I got here after accidentally stumbling upon some blogs with people insulting her fashion style and having no baby yet. It was painful to read.

I like Stéphanie. For me, her style is classicaly elegant. I would be very glad if she won't change. Also, I hope she won't be criticised for not having a baby yet. This "blackmailing" and pressuring of her to conceive reminds me of Queen Fabiola of Belgium's.

Agree, maybe she is not so brilliant fashionista like other princesses but she's clearly an individual. While talking about baby, I think we could not judge anyone especially not having any information on this subject.

Moonmaiden23 04-24-2015 10:29 AM

Stephanie has her good days fashion wise, and she has bad days. Some of them very bad indeed.

But the idea of anyone-particularly the idea of a woman-mocking another woman for being childless is so ugly and contemptible as to be beyond comprehension. How do we know what's going on? How do we know they haven't been trying?

QueenJen 04-24-2015 10:38 AM

I love Princess Stephanie. Fashion wise- she's like all of us, some good days, and some really bad days. I would love for them to have a baby, but what does that matter? It's between her husband, her and God. If she has a child, or if she never has a child is really none of my business and it certainly doesn't decrease how much I really like this young woman - or her ability to be a fantastic Grand Duchess when that time comes.

I'm on team Stephanie!

Olyashka 04-24-2015 12:25 PM

I agree with everyone of you! After all, real beauty is what the eyes don't see - it's in the heart and mind of that person. But... Stéphanie is already very beautiful physically! Very lucky lady <3
Actually, Henri and MT's Daughters in law are all very beautiful inside and out! Their sons have 20/20 vision!

About the baby... who knows, they might even have more than 5 babies given the fact she and Guillaume come from big families! And how good-looking those babies would look like I am already imagining - their parents are heavenly-looking themselves!

Oh if you only saw those trash talk those people were doing... you could just say they're so bored with their lives that they have the nerve to judge her soo unfairly. It's as if they could do better than Stéphanie~

Anyway, I'm very happy with how she is able to master Letzeburgesch. (I'm sure she has become better! Very intelligent!)
I looked it up and it absolutely seems to me that even if I become fluent at it, I'd be writing every document I have to make with hundreds of misspelled words!

Moonmaiden23 04-24-2015 12:54 PM

I agree. I see her as highly intelligent, probably not that worldly. Others have said she looks cold/haughty around people of a lower rank but that is garbage. People see what they want, she looks pretty much the same around everyone. Naturally if you are photographed with friends and acquaintances your demeanor will be different. It doesn't mean that you have contempt for the others. Many of the people who post such things are extremely unhappy and bitter about their circumstances in life....it's called PROJECTION in psychological terms.:whistling:

I am hoping we hear happy news from she and Guillaume very soon.

Blog Real 05-27-2015 06:09 PM

https://www.facebook.com/PlaceRoyale...52749465147161
Koningin Mathilde en Erfgroothertogin Stephanie bij finale Koningin Elisabeth Concours voor viool! - The World of Royals

Moonmaiden23 05-27-2015 11:02 PM

Radiant appearance by HGD Stephanie. The Facebook comments are very complimentary.:smile:

Marijke 05-28-2015 01:21 PM

26-5-2015

Finale 2015 du concours Reine Elisabeth
Palais des Beaux-Arts de Bruxelles, Royaume de Belgique.

Monarchie:

Finale 2015 du concours Reine Elisabeth - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Mai 2015

Lady Nimue 05-30-2015 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 1783606)
Radiant appearance by HGD Stephanie. The Facebook comments are very complimentary.:smile:

Agree. :flowers: Stephanie looks wonderful. The two women must have consulted given how their outfits mesh imo.

Overall effect is lovely.

Duc_et_Pair 05-30-2015 03:52 AM

Great to see two Belgian-born aristocrats form ancient families sitting together. What a shame that the Belgians do not have the habit to "fleur" it a bit when there are royal guests. When Queen Beatrix hired the same concert hall for her "counter-gift" during her State Visit to Belgium, she ordered the loge to be decorated with flowers. That is more standard practice at the northern neighbours (Netherlands): little effort, great effect. Now the two lovely ladies "faded away" in a gloomy cold loge in the Palais des Beaux-Arts in Brussels, which is really already not one of the most pleasant concert halls, to use an understatement. It has a cold, sombre feel. Just a suggestion.

:flowers:

Olyashka 05-30-2015 04:43 AM

There were flowers there, Duc. The names of the flowers are Stéphanie and Mathilde ;)

Seriously, imo, it's just all right for me that there were no flowers or any adornments in that viewing box. It looks gloomy for you but for me, it looks classic.

Duc_et_Pair 05-30-2015 05:56 AM

The concert hall was opened in 1928, for a great part underground and in (then "modern") concrete, giving it a cold underground parking feel. There were some plans to improve it but sadly the Belgians lack budget to do it properly. For sure, with the knowledge that at various evenings royals will listen to the music, they could have added some nice flowers. Cost nothing but improves a lot.

:flowers:

Lee-Z 05-30-2015 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olyashka (Post 1784416)
There were flowers there, Duc. The names of the flowers are Stéphanie and Mathilde ;)

Seriously, imo, it's just all right for me that there were no flowers or any adornments in that viewing box. It looks gloomy for you but for me, it looks classic.

I agree, just right as it was, the main focus should be on the stage anyway, so no need to try to attract the attention to the royal loge with overly excessive decoration. The fact that the royal guests attend gives enough "cachet" without having to resort to other means :flowers:

SydneyLux 06-19-2015 03:31 PM

Luxarazzi : Stéphanie Opens Rose Garden

Moonmaiden23 06-19-2015 07:02 PM

Fantastic. Go Stephanie!!;)

melina premiere 06-19-2015 07:49 PM

It was time, after almost three years of wedding, she is at least attending alone an event!!

Moonmaiden23 06-19-2015 09:15 PM

You are not correctly informed melina-premiere. This is the HGD's third solo event since her wedding two years and and 8 months ago.

The first was in Japan last year, the other was at a museum, and this recent event was the third one.

SydneyLux 06-20-2015 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 1794189)
You are not correctly informed melina-premiere. This is the HGD's third solo event since her wedding two years and and 8 months ago.

The first was in Japan last year, the other was at a museum, and this recent event was the third one.

Not sure if it is what category of events it falls... In addition, she has stepped in for her mother-in-law during a state visit by the German President when she accompanied the German first lady to a number of events when the Grand Duchess was still recovering from her knee surgery.

Moonmaiden23 06-20-2015 11:35 AM

Really? That's wonderful. I've read...elsewhere...that the HGD has never stepped in for her mother-in-law.:cool:

Thanks SydneyLux!;) I am rooting for Stephanie just as I did for Charlene. And I am 100% certain that Stephanie's detractors will soon be having egg on their faces- just like Charlene's.

In fact it's happening already.:lol:

SydneyLux 06-20-2015 11:57 AM

Yes, during the first day they visited the Péitrusshaus Shelter and on the second day Stéphanie showed Daniela Schadt around Luxembourg city.

Luxarazzi : State Visit from Germany - Day 1
Luxarazzi : State Visit from Germany - Day 2

I mean, people only see and notice what they want so see and notice... :whistling:

Guillaume and Stéphanie actually did a bunch of events around that time that would have been Maria-Teresa's if she had been well.

Blog Real 06-22-2015 09:59 AM

Inauguration du Jardin des Roses dans la commune de Walferdange. - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Juin 2015

Moonmaiden23 11-04-2015 11:42 PM

Luxarazzi : Stéphanie Visits Exhibition at Musée Dräi Eechelen

HGD Stephanie visiting one of her museum patronages. I don't like her black/white coat...I love it, love it.;)

Marijke 11-05-2015 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 1835995)
Luxarazzi : Stéphanie Visits Exhibition at Musée Dräi Eechelen

HGD Stephanie visiting one of her museum patronages. I don't like her black/white coat...I love it, love it.;)

Monarchie:

Visite de l’exposition "Les frontières de l’Indépendance. Le Luxembourg entre 1815 et 1839" par S.A.R. la Princesse Stéphanie - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Novembre 2015

WORT:

Luxemburger Wort - A royal visit to the Musée Dräi Eechelen

Luxemburger Wort - Auf Löwenschau

Bine221 11-05-2015 10:48 AM

:previous:

wow, that is looking great on her - making a good shape!
BYe Bine

Prisma 01-31-2016 03:11 PM

Various reports on Stephanie becoming President of MUDAM. Prime Minister and Minister of Culture Xavier Bettel proposed the appointment and number of board members were reduced from 14 to 7.

Luxarazzi: Stéphanie Becomes President of Mudam

Wort: Luxembourg's Princess Stéphanie is new MUDAM president

Chronicle: Princess Stéphanie Appointed President of MUDAM

RTL: Prinzessin Stéphanie nei Presidentin vum Verwaltungsrot

carlota 01-31-2016 04:34 PM

that's great news, is this stephanie's first patronage on her own?

Prisma 01-31-2016 09:58 PM

Third patronage.
Amis des Musées d'Art et d'Histoire Luxembourg since March 2013
University of Luxembourg's Centre for Systems Biomedicine's (LCSB)Scienteens Lab since May 2014
President of MUDAM since January 29, 2016

Luxarazzi: New Patronage for the Hereditary Grand Duchess reported her Scienteens Lab patronage and mentions the first.

Stephanie's also a member on the board of the Fondation du Grand-Duc et de la Grande-Duchesse since her marriage so if you count that, she's got 4 patronages.

Prisma 02-16-2016 01:25 PM

Stephanie gave an interview to Télécran which appears Wednesday. Wort has some excerpts:
"We are very fortunate to live in a country where one is constantly investing in the culture, which allows us to have many museums and exhibitions of very high level."

In the interview, the young nobleman, who will celebrate her 32nd birthday on Thursday, not only on their social commitment is one, but also on her personal life: "For my husband and me, it is important as often as possible to find time for us and to meet with our friends and family. "

Luxemburger Wort - Stéphanie: "Ich habe den Puls der Luxemburger gespürt"

Google translation: https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

Prisma 02-19-2016 11:31 PM

Luxemburger Wort - Luxembourg princess' former employer investigated for fraud

Luxarazzi: A (Non-)Story: Stéphanie and "Kepha Invest"

Rudolph 02-22-2016 02:13 PM

Quote:

Before their wedding in 2012, heir apparent Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg and his wife Princess Stéphanie said they wanted to wait a few years before starting a family. It seems that the couple are still not ready to become parents, as Stéphanie revealed in a recent interview.

Speaking to French magazine Point de Vue on the occasion of her 32nd birthday, Stéphanie said: "I don't have any plans to become a mother. For the moment, I'm enjoying spending time with my husband."
Read more: Princess Stéphanie of Luxembourg has no plans to become a mother yet

Sancia 02-23-2016 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 1865629)

It is quite surprising. I have bought PdV for the lovely interview with HGD Stéphanie and although I read it twice, I did found nowhere these sentences. Maybe there have been different versions of the interview in the belgian PdV. Or I misread. But I just re-read the interview.

Prisma 02-23-2016 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sancia (Post 1865745)
It is quite surprising. I have bought PdV for the lovely interview with HGD Stéphanie and although I read it twice, I did found nowhere these sentences. Maybe there have been different versions of the interview in the belgian PdV. Or I misread. But I just re-read the interview.

Wort translated parts of Stephanie’s PdV interview and noted the same issue. I’m glad for their translation since I don’t subscribe or buy the magazine. It was an excellent interview.
“At no point in the article does she refer to any decisions about being a mother, as was suggested in a recent "Hello" article.”
Luxemburger Wort - Luxembourg princess describes marriage to Prince Guillaume

Stephanie declined to answer baby questions in another interview for Le Jeudi.
“Je ne souhaite pas répondre à cette question. Ça va être la surprise…”
Stéphanie zum Nachwuchs: Ça va être la surprise | Tageblatt

Sancia 02-24-2016 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prisma (Post 1865949)
Wort translated parts of Stephanie’s PdV interview and noted the same issue. I’m glad for their translation since I don’t subscribe or buy the magazine. It was an excellent interview.
“At no point in the article does she refer to any decisions about being a mother, as was suggested in a recent "Hello" article.”
Luxemburger Wort - Luxembourg princess describes marriage to Prince Guillaume

Stephanie declined to answer baby questions in another interview for Le Jeudi.
“Je ne souhaite pas répondre à cette question. Ça va être la surprise…”
Stéphanie zum Nachwuchs: Ça va être la surprise | Tageblatt

Thanks. I am glad I did not misread but my hearts break for the HGD when I am reading her words about baby questions. I don't want to give the impression to speculate but, well, as an infertile woman who met a lot of infertile couples, there are words and eyes I have heard and learnt to interpret. I do sincerely hope I am wrong and, would the HGD really struggle with infertility issues, they will be able to be themselves and prove they have other qualities so that they are not always referred like the "infertile couple".

amaryllus 02-24-2016 02:17 PM

You know, it is not entirely out of the real of possibility that she is perfectly fertile. Maybe, just maybe, she is not particularly maternal or She is just not interested in being a mother. Not every female is programmed that way and that is perfectly fine and besides if she chooses to be child free they have heirs in the ready.

Sancia 02-24-2016 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amaryllus (Post 1866162)
You know, it is not entirely out of the real of possibility that she is perfectly fertile. Maybe, just maybe, she is not particularly maternal or She is just not interested in being a mother. Not every female is programmed that way and that is perfectly fine and besides if she chooses to be child free they have heirs in the ready.

I highly doubt a catholic countess would have wed a catholic hereditary grandduke with the will to remain childfree. The marriage would be null and void according to catholic rules.

Frelinghighness 02-24-2016 03:53 PM

:previous:exactly. Taking the sacrament of marriage in the catholic faith means intending to have children. Otherwise grounds for annulment. I think they are just taking their time.

Prisma 02-25-2016 12:22 AM

Stephanie stated in the pre-wedding interviews they would wait a few years before having children. Obviously, they have some kind of birth control/family planning in mind despite being Catholic. The Belgian nobility and Grand Ducal family are often described as devout yet that could vary.
I have Catholic friends and coworkers who don't follow the Church's stance on every topic.

amaryllus 02-25-2016 08:53 AM

Thank you. I was simply trying add another perspective on the issue. They seem happy and have a strong marriage which is really all that counts despite what ever reproductive choices they make. That is all that matters in the end.

zarat 02-26-2016 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sancia (Post 1865745)

I have bought "Pdv" for some reason as you Sancia. I have read twice the interview and there was nothing, even the smallest hint, about possible children.

Moonmaiden23 02-26-2016 08:21 PM

Why would PdV completely fabricate a statement like that? I am surprised and disappointed.:bang:

As for the question of children, I agree with the poster who said the decision to remain consciously child- free is not an option for a young woman who marries the direct Heir to an hereditary dynasty/monarchy. Stephanie vowed on the Sacrament to welcome children from God and to raise them in the Church. If she didn't mean it, the best that can be said about her is that she married into the wrong family.:cool:

amaryllus 02-26-2016 08:36 PM

This is 2016 not 1816. A female does not automatically lose all reproductive choice when she marries a Royal. She clearly is not interested in motherhood at this point in her life so barring infertility on either side she much be using BC or at least Natural family planning which is approved the Catholic Church BTW.

Valerie Rose 02-26-2016 09:05 PM

Please let us not speculate about such an intimate thing!

Countessmeout 02-26-2016 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amaryllus (Post 1866865)
This is 2016 not 1816. A female does not automatically lose all reproductive choice when she marries a Royal. She clearly is not interested in motherhood at this point in her life so barring infertility on either side she much be using BC or at least Natural family planning which is approved the Catholic Church BTW.

No but normally you have conversations like 'do you want children' before you marry:bang: Guillaume would be fully aware his family would expect him to have children, its part of being a royal and a heir. If Stephanie didn't want children, she should have turned down his proposal. And as stated by others, not wanting children is grounds to have the marriage annulled.
Just because thee is 1 heir of the next generation, doesn't remove that expectation.

Prisma 02-26-2016 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 1866862)
Why would PdV completely fabricate a statement like that? I am surprised and disappointed.:bang:

I think you misunderstood. PdV did NOT report "Stephanie has no plans to become a mother yet." It was Hello magazine who claimed Stephanie told PdV that. Actual readers of PdV and even the Wort article above say PdV is not the culprit.

PdV or the Cour probably complained to Hello about their false claim because the article has been removed now and redirects to Hello's homepage instead. Perhaps Hello was upset they didn't get an interview and decided to mess with PdV. Hello probably doesn't care. They got people to click their link.

Moonmaiden23 02-26-2016 09:37 PM

:previous:Thanks for clarification Prisma.

In the midst of the article she pays warm tribute to her mother-in-law Maria Teresa's kindness and availability as a listener. That must be quite a disappointment to the vicious posters gleefully speculating in some quarters online that the two women are estranged.:cool:

[Just because thee is 1 heir of the next generation, doesn't remove that expectation. ]//quote

I completely agree Countessmeout. The entire point of hereditary monarchy is a direct line of descent from the Ruler to the Heir...and then to his/her heir.

Little Maria-Amalia is an heir from the next generation but she is a side step not directly from the Heir, like Philippe of Belgium became when his Uncle Baudouin proved tragically unable to provide the dynasty with a direct heir.

It may be true that Stephanie is simply not ready for motherhood yet and she is still young enough to wait. But she must be intelligent enough to realize that willfully refusing to have a child effectively nullifies her marriage in the eyes if the Church she married in. Guillaume went on record during his 30th birthday celebrations as saying he wanted a large family.

I still hope he gets one, I think he will make a warm and wonderful parent. ETA: I was surprised and delighted to learn from Stephanie's comments that her Royal husband writes and composes his own music, besides being an accomplished cook.

Impressive!