The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 5: September 2012 - December 2013 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/the-countess-of-wessexs-fashion-and-style-part-5-september-2012-december-2013-a-33735.html)

Daria_S 06-04-2013 02:51 PM

Sophie looked OK. I love Louise's dress and cardigan. The shoes are a bit chunky for the look, but if she's comfortable, then whatever.

casualfan 06-04-2013 03:56 PM

I really love it!! Ethereal, delicate, beautiful and classic hat, and so appropriate for early summer. Plus, so on-trend with the lace.

HereditaryPrincess 06-04-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmirerUS (Post 1558349)
She had another "accessory," Lady Louise looking rather mother-daughter!
Lady Louise Windsor And Sophie Rhys Jones Countess Of

Sophie looks lovely! My favourite bit of her outfit is the hat. Lady Louise's outfit is very nice too, it reminds me of the one she wore to the Jubilee Service at St Paul's Cathedral last year. :smile:

Molly2101 06-04-2013 05:27 PM

I liked Sophie's dress, hat and hairstyle but hated her shoes. I love Louise's dress but a bit disappointed that it is a repeat from the Diamond Jubilee service. She looks so much more grown up that last June though!

ladongas 06-04-2013 05:51 PM

Lady Louise

I think that it is quite wise for Lady Louise to be dressed in a rather old-fashioned and unstylish way. She doesn't need to have attention directed to her at her age, and being very un-modish is helpful toward that end.
She's pretty, though, and her hair is a lovely color.

COESpiral 06-04-2013 05:53 PM

Really disliked the dress. A rare fail for Sophie. The hat is okay, but I'm a little surprised about the shoes. I thought open-toed shoes during royal "events" was a no-no? I have no idea where I read this so it's possible someone was pulling my leg.

Louise is cuter than a basket full of puppies.

Queen Camilla 06-04-2013 05:58 PM

Louise looks nice.

Sophie looks too frilly for a church service. The dark undergarments and the buttons in the front with the belt make the dress look too tight and looks like her bossoms are at her waist.

The open toe high heel sandals match the dress but not the occasion.

Molly2101 06-04-2013 06:27 PM

Basketfull of puppies! I love that. Louise did look so cute, as she always does. She is so TALL. Scary to think she'll be 10 this year. She was technically at the 50th Coronation anniversary as Sophie was pregnant, so she's been to two! :D

I hate Sophie's shoes, particularly with tights. I don't understand what she thought when she woke up this morning and thought it would be an ok look. Meh. I loved her dress and hat though.

EllieCat 06-04-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

I hate Sophie's shoes, particularly with tights.
And yet, I really liked her shoes; i thought her legs looked great; the dress being a good length for her, as she is not particularly tall. Didn't like the neckline, though; a bit informal.

Won't it be interesting to see Louise when she becomes a teenager? She's got such stunning hair, and she will probably be quite tall.

Frelinghighness 06-04-2013 10:18 PM

Loved the outfit except the droopy bustline, they did seem at her waist!
What a lovely, feminine look, and she did look well paired with her daughter.

vee 06-04-2013 11:46 PM

Ewwww.

This is just ALL wrong, from the word "GO!"

iceflower 06-08-2013 11:24 AM

The Countess of Wessex at Princess Madeleine's wedding in Sweden today, June 8, wearing a long dress in creme with a lace part - a very beautiful, elegant nighty ;)

** Full view ** Upper part **

Archduchess Zelia 06-08-2013 11:31 AM

I think Sophie looked wonderful, she's definitely one of my favourites of today's looks.

MagMil 06-08-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1560800)

The Countess of Wessex at Princess Madeleine's wedding in Sweden today, June 8, wearing a long dress in creme with a lace part - a very beautiful, elegant nighty ;)

:previous:
PERFECT :flowers:

cepe 06-08-2013 11:36 AM

I think she looks lovely.

2 niggles - the seams about half way down the skirt part of the dress - why? I think it would look better without those.

I'm not into matchy-matchy but Aquamarines with pink doesn't go IMO. If that dress had been a blue (but not pastel) it would have worked.

Lumutqueen 06-08-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Well put Ice, an elegant nighty.

Mirabel 06-08-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Perfect description! :flowers:

casualfan 06-08-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1560835)
I think she looks lovely.

2 niggles - the seams about half way down the skirt part of the dress - why? I think it would look better without those.

I'm not into matchy-matchy but Aquamarines with pink doesn't go IMO. If that dress had been a blue (but not pastel) it would have worked.

I agree about the seams. I love her in the aquamarine, and I think these are coordinating colors.

bertie5252003 06-08-2013 03:19 PM

Stunning just so simple and totally perfect.

Molly2101 06-08-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

I hadn't thought of it as a nighty, but now I cannot stop! It is a beautiful dress, and I love her pointed shoes. I am always in love with pointed shoes. Love the Aquamarine tiara, nice choice Sophie. :D