The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 10: September 2012 - December 2012 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/the-duchess-of-cambridges-daytime-fashion-part-10-september-2012-december-2012-a-33663.html)

Grandduchess24 09-11-2012 07:42 PM

Nice dress such a nice shade of pink are they in japan for this pic which would explain the choice of dress since the Sakura blossoms are of a similar shade of pink.

Daria_S 09-11-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandduchess24 (Post 1460110)
Nice dress such a nice shade of pink are they in japan for this pic which would explain the choice of dress since the Sakura blossoms are of a similar shade of pink.

They're in Singapore, not Japan. But yes, the shade of pink is quite lovely on Catherine.

EIIR 09-11-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suztav (Post 1460091)
I think Kate is always well dressed. However, if she needs any pointers she should call Mary of Denmark.

If she likes Mary's style (although I'd doubt very much whether she's seen much of Mary's wardrobe as there's no coverage of the Danish royals in the UK), she'd be much better to call Mary's stylist whose job it is to identify and procure Mary's clothes for her.

We have never seen any indication, apart from in the excitable elements of the Danish and Australian press, that Kate and Mary have any kind of relationship whatsoever. They've met once that we know of, that's it.

4Pam 09-11-2012 08:59 PM

Ehh not a fan of the dress. She looked nice though.

Frelinghighness 09-11-2012 09:08 PM

Love the pink dress.It would have looked much better on her if it was about 2 inches longer, like CP Mary's recent organge full skirted dress. Needed to have the front tacked down as it bowed open when she bent down. Fabulous that the hair was back and off the face.
The purple dress was a nice nod to her hosts but I found the pattern disconcerting. Also, her hair hid the neckline, both front and back.

CanRoyal 09-11-2012 09:09 PM

Regarding a stylist, as much as this source can be believed:
Kate Middleton forgoes stylist on American tour: 'I'm not a clothes horse' | Mail Online

it appears to be Kate's intention to dress herself (although undoubtedly she asks for opinions of women around her) and not to employ a stylist.

I applaud her for this, as well as the way she recycles outfits and how she frequently buys clothing that is from a previous season or otherwise discounted.

She appears to want to dress well and look nice, but not to overemphasize her appearance.

Daria_S 09-12-2012 12:17 AM

This was posted in the tour thread. First pictures of Catherine for Day 2 of the tour. She's wearing a white outfit, with her blue? wedges.

william & catherine

dazzling 09-12-2012 01:30 AM

September 12, 2012 - Kate in a white skirt with a matching short sleeve jacket and a white belt with black wedges.

Outfit is by Alexander McQueen.

I like the suit but at the same time there is something off about it which I cant point my finger at. I dont care for the color, its a bit boring but then it works. I would've liked if she had her hair pulled back or in a ponytail for the collar of jacket to have a more effect as it was quite nice. Im not a fan of wedges for such official events, I don't care for the climate or location, its just to elegant at all. Very simple pumps would've worked well or sandal heels.

Close up ** Full view

XeniaCasaraghi 09-12-2012 03:03 AM

Woo outfit #3 has impressed me the most. Love the color and style if the skirt and jacket. For this trip she seems to have her skirts at knee level.

Elly C 09-12-2012 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling
September 12, 2012 - Kate in a white skirt with a matching short sleeve jacket and a white belt with black wedges.

Outfit is by Alexander McQueen.

I like the suit but at the same time there is something off about it which I cant point my finger at. I dont care for the color, its a bit boring but then it works. I would've liked if she had her hair pulled back or in a ponytail for the collar of jacket to have a more effect as it was quite nice. Im not a fan of wedges for such official events, I don't care for the climate or location, its just to elegant at all. Very simple pumps would've worked well or sandal heels.

Close up ** Full view

Really like this outfit- it looks very comfortable to wear. I agree about the footwear, and as previous posters have commented this is one aspect of her daywear where she could be more interesting. Just a splash of colour would have made this outfit pretty perfect for me.

MARG 09-12-2012 03:30 AM

I see she has changed the length of her skirts which, with her lovely long legs, is both flatteringly modest and elegant. But, ho hum, same variations on exaggerated V-necks, same variations on floppsy moppsy hair and really boring shoes. :whistling:

Boris 09-12-2012 03:32 AM

Couldn't agree more with dazzling - those wedges are a very bad choice, all wrong for the outfit and the occasion and in my eyes such an inelegant eyesore that they throw the overall look off.
The skirt is a bit too full to create a nice silhouette IMO, this is actually dirndl style... and the V neckline of the top is surprisingly low. Along with the hair thrust forward, not the most practical look on a day with a lot of bending over to kids during walkabouts - see gallery below:
Getty Images - Search: SGP: The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Diamond Jubilee Tour - Day 2

ANNIE_S 09-12-2012 03:49 AM

I donīt like this last look. The wedges ruin it for me. I also dislike the skirt.
The pink kimono dress is lovely. Not my favourite Kateīs dress, but soft pink suits her a lot, IMO.

Marika86 09-12-2012 03:51 AM

Kate in her second official event of the day is wearing a top and a skirt from a Singaporean label "Raoul" Top ** Skirt

kathia_sophia 09-12-2012 04:01 AM

First Pic for the 2nd outfit of Day 2

Penny Royalty 09-12-2012 04:24 AM

Great seeing Catherine at the chances when we can. My mind becomes empty and my idea in my heart is of the plenty for she never gets it wrong fashionably. Even when there are complaints and I try to understand the many people's perspectives here, I agree with her and their decisions. Love is in the heir shall we say, for it almost always amazes me how often it feels I can rely on the presence, and assurance of these beautiful Royals. They are inviting and may they continue thriving. I like the boldness of the pink from ago and of course the ivory white. Wonderful. Good luck Will and Kate.

fandesacs2003 09-12-2012 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daria_S (Post 1460182)
This was posted in the tour thread. First pictures of Catherine for Day 2 of the tour. She's wearing a white outfit, with her blue? wedges.

william & catherine


PERFECT outfit, absolutely lovely. Nevetheless is something I do not like with the shoes, I do not know what, the wedges? the height? something is wrong.

I never understood why a woman of 1.78cm (Kate) needs to wear at least 10 cm (or more) heels!! People say bad about Letizia's vertigineous heels, but at least Letizia has minimum 30 cm difference with Felipe to cover. But Kate?? When she is with her high hels near the very tall William, they both look being in another level of cloud, camparable to other "normal" people, especially the elder...

Boris 09-12-2012 04:29 AM

I actually like outfit #2 from today best so far - finally, there's no aspect of 'trying too hard' here, nothing stilted which I feel all the outfits so far had an aspect of, but instead it's simple, light and fresh.
Full view:
https://s14.postimage.org/gfg4bbe5d/N...five490818.jpg

TRCRoyal 09-12-2012 05:12 AM

I like the white McQueen outfit minus the wedges that make that chic outfit kinda casual and weird. Love the second outfit. Low key and lovely. Were they visiting a school?

dazzling 09-12-2012 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boris (Post 1460250)
I actually like outfit #2 from today best so far - finally, there's no aspect of 'trying too hard' here, nothing stilted which I feel all the outfits so far had an aspect of, but instead it's simple, light and fresh.
Full view:
https://s14.postimage.org/gfg4bbe5d/N...five490818.jpg

This is a lovely outfit which she also wears very well. The print is fun, the colors work nicely as well. This seems to be a Kate dress.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises