The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 10: September 2012 - December 2012 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/the-duchess-of-cambridges-daytime-fashion-part-10-september-2012-december-2012-a-33663.html)

dazzling 09-09-2012 05:14 AM

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 10: September 2012 - December 2012

Welcome to
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 10
The previous can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators

dazzling 09-11-2012 04:24 AM

September 11, 2012 - Kate is wearing a kimono-style pink dress with an orchid pattern by Jenny Packham.

Im not crazy about the dress but the cut seems to be quite nice. The print and color works for the visit IMO.

Full view ** Close up 1 ** Close up 2

fandesacs2003 09-11-2012 04:41 AM

Nice. Not one of her best, but fresh and sweet. I think is also a kind of compliment to Far East.

Lumutqueen 09-11-2012 05:20 AM

Looks like something Sophie could pull off, I get the point but again Catherine is dressing old.

Elly C 09-11-2012 05:28 AM

It is a lovely dress but the delicate colour and pattern isn't quite working for her in the photographs I have seen so far. I do like the kimono style however and I'm sure the dress will be appreciated by her hosts.

mary stuart 09-11-2012 05:36 AM

i like the dress but i think it should have been in a diffent colour like an amethyst to bring out the flowers and also to go with her hair

Archduchess Zelia 09-11-2012 05:36 AM

It's not a favourite of mine, but it's not horrible. It's alright.
I love her hair, it curls very beautifully.

fandesacs2003 09-11-2012 05:49 AM

New shoes!!! LK Bennett also??

sheikah deena 09-11-2012 06:15 AM

She looks lovely , Nice simple Dress , her hair style cute .

biboquinhas 09-11-2012 06:17 AM

I don't like the dress, not modern...but it suits the ocassion! Her face seams fuller...

EIIR 09-11-2012 06:35 AM

Don't love it, don't hate it. It's very appropriate given the location and the fact that they were there to see an orchid named after Diana. The hair's the star IMO, from the side it's even more beautiful than usual.

PrincessofEurope 09-11-2012 06:49 AM

Not one of my favourite looks on Kate - the idea of the orchid print is lovely and a nice touch but it is the rest of the dress that fails for me. It looks heavy in a way and im not keen on the shape of it on Kate

liv 09-11-2012 07:30 AM

Yes, it is L.K.Bennett for the shoes and for her purse.
Sledge Shoe Light Taupe L.K.Bennett
Avon Clutch Winter Rose L.K.Bennett

PrincessofEurope 09-11-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liv (Post 1459876)
Yes, it is L.K.Bennett for the shoes and for her purse.
Sledge Shoe Light Taupe L.K.Bennett
Avon Clutch Winter Rose L.K.Bennett

The shoes are the off white Sledge pumps

IloveCP 09-11-2012 08:11 AM

The kimono style, the color and cut are great. However, I would have absolutely would have loved the look if it did not have the floral print. I don't think the floral print was necessary. Love the hair and the shoes. She looks beautiful.

cmbruno 09-11-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1459818)
September 11, 2012 -

After flying so many hours, she looks tired, but elegant and the colours of the dress could not have been chosen better to freshen up her complexion.
The cut of the dress is beautiful but can only fit thin or not too curvy tall women like the duchess. The dress was picked to please her guests and I am sure it did. I think the way she dresses is thought fistly minding her position of a royal representing the UK, secondly to compliment the guests / occasion and thirdly what looks good on her. This balance is not easy and has been accomplished so far. you have to be very unselfish to not to pick up clothes that would only enhance your beauty.

KittyAtlanta 09-11-2012 09:18 AM

Looks like the entire bodice is padded.

miche 09-11-2012 09:31 AM

Good for her if it was :ermm:

(Are comments on female body necessary?)

Mirabel 09-11-2012 09:42 AM

I like the dress, it's a nod to the host country without being over the top.

(Also it's not so extreme that she can't wear it again).

Dman 09-11-2012 09:47 AM

I think she looked very beautiful.

biboquinhas 09-11-2012 09:52 AM

She looks very very inflated, and the dress doesnt help at all...maybe it was because of the flight hours...she doesn't look her best!

MichelleVA 09-11-2012 10:00 AM

I do believe the flight must have been very rough. I love the dress I think it is wonderful when she wears something to pay respect to the country she is visiting. I think it went great with the flowers all around her.

The purple and white dress she wore for the 2nd event I loved and thought hey that is something I would wear....bet I couldn't afford it though LOL.

2 hits so far! I bet they just want to sleep some and I hope they get a break today to rest up!

AdmirerUS 09-11-2012 10:24 AM

I loved both dresses.

If you look at the cutting and placement of flowers on the Packham dress, it is AMAZING. I am not a fan or prints, and yes I find them a bit stodgy, but done tastefully, they can be very impressive. The eastern styling of the style was beautiful. Was the dress a bit dull - yes, pink embroidered flowers rarely shock people. But it was LOVELY and totally appropriate. Sometime I think people won't be happy until Kate pops out of a plane in a bustier so that we can all be horrified. In a nod to her youth and figure - check out this photo which shows off both. https://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/u...t-11-20122.jpg

But if we found the first dress a bit wanting, that Prabul Garung frock was a complete wow. The color, cut and use of print were spectacular. Young and fresh while completely appropriate.

And hair wise, because we are all watching, not a bit of frizz to be seen. :)

fandesacs2003 09-11-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmirerUS (Post 1459936)
I think people won't be happy until Kate pops out of a plane in a bustier so that we can all be horrified. :)

Well well said!!!

I think people wants Kate to appear like a 2nd class Hollywood starlette!!

AdmirerUS 09-11-2012 10:42 AM

Look at the back of the dress!!!!!! The neckline in back is a bit more daring thn the front and oooh that print is yummy.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attend a State dinner » What Kate Wore

Duchess of Durham 09-11-2012 11:12 AM

I love, love, love the first dress. Absolutely beautiful.

I liked the second dress, but IMHO, anything she wore after that first dress was going to pale in comparison. She hit it out of the park with the first dress. Wish I had the figure to wear either / both dresses.

Prinsessan 09-11-2012 11:52 AM

I think she looked really sweet in that pale pink dress and her hair is gorgeous :flowers:

Princess of Durham 09-11-2012 12:07 PM

Lovely look, very appropriate for representing her country. She must have been exhausted but still able to smile! :)

TRCRoyal 09-11-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling
September 11, 2012 - Kate is wearing a kimono-style pink dress with an orchid pattern by Jenny Packham.

Im not crazy about the dress but the cut seems to be quite nice. The print and color works for the visit IMO.

I don't like at all actually. Although the color and print are really nice. Is it costum made?

MichelleVA 09-11-2012 12:38 PM

Thanks for the pic of the back of the dress it is even prettier with the more color on the back. Beautiful dress!!

bertie5252003 09-11-2012 01:34 PM

I love this look though I can see some may think the cut of the dress a little matronly, but it is a really nice colour for that heat and has the orchid thing happening good for the start of the tour... compliment to host and so on and more importantly she has the hair back ... IMO she needs to take a leaf out of Mary's book get a stylist and get help with the tour robe as I do see what you all are saying re the cut

miche 09-11-2012 02:32 PM

No I don't think she needs to take a leaf out of Mary's book. Majority of the time when I see Mary I think Stylist or Runway. If she's going to take notes from anyone let it be Maxima, whether it a hit or a miss Maxima personality always shine.

XeniaCasaraghi 09-11-2012 04:10 PM

Princess Mary is one of the best dressed royals around, if not the absolutely best dressed. She usually looks respectable yet at the same time stylish. As for Kate's pink kimono as someone else said, I don't love it I don't hate it; it does seem to clash with her tan skin though.

kathia_sophia 09-11-2012 04:41 PM

i LOVE this pink modern Kimono dress, love her hairstyle, LOVEEEEEEEE the shoes and especially the earrings^^
its a nice change for her usual dresses and i like it very much.
i agree about Princess Mary, always sophisticated, respectable but fashionable and stylish, i guess now they've been together i wonder if they make contact with each other and/or give Catherine some advices!
Maxima dresses well on most of times, but i dont think her fashion is Catherine's cup of tea.
but i imagine Catherine wearing some of Mathilde's clothes and it works!

miche 09-11-2012 06:04 PM

I think Kate should pick what she like and what fit her personality in term of clothes. They don't all need to look like cookie cutter clones. Maxima and Marie personalities always shine no matter what they are wearing.
They might not be stylish or people might not consider them to be stylish but they pick what they are comfortable with and as long as it professional I don't see the problem. We might not like what they wear, they might not like Mary's style. It there choice
They (Kate) doesn't need to look to Mary or ask her for advice in term of fashion.

kathia_sophia 09-11-2012 06:38 PM

^ohh i know, i just meant the advice in a friendly way, i have my own style but i dont mind if i have doubts sometimes and need some advice from someone older. i see no problem in that

PrincessofEurope 09-11-2012 06:43 PM

Looking at more pictures of the Jenny Packham dress the deep v neckline is very low especially in pictures when Kate is leaning over. This is prob an instant where having a dresses or stylist would point out that at times the dress is nearly reveiling more than is appropiate. The top of the dress definitely needs to be modified - i can imagine as a bespoke piece it cost quite abit but i really hope we dont see Kate repeating this

suztav 09-11-2012 06:47 PM

I think Kate is always well dressed. However, if she needs any pointers she should call Mary of Denmark.

miche 09-11-2012 06:48 PM

Judging from what I see from some stylist, they might have put her in more revealing, tight form fitting clothes. A stylist might have point out that but that not always the case

Daria_S 09-11-2012 07:04 PM

I think Catherine looks very sweet and innocent in the light pink kimono-style dress, and the hair is absolutely stunning. The other dress is very pretty too. I love the touches of purple.

Grandduchess24 09-11-2012 07:42 PM

Nice dress such a nice shade of pink are they in japan for this pic which would explain the choice of dress since the Sakura blossoms are of a similar shade of pink.

Daria_S 09-11-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandduchess24 (Post 1460110)
Nice dress such a nice shade of pink are they in japan for this pic which would explain the choice of dress since the Sakura blossoms are of a similar shade of pink.

They're in Singapore, not Japan. But yes, the shade of pink is quite lovely on Catherine.

EIIR 09-11-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suztav (Post 1460091)
I think Kate is always well dressed. However, if she needs any pointers she should call Mary of Denmark.

If she likes Mary's style (although I'd doubt very much whether she's seen much of Mary's wardrobe as there's no coverage of the Danish royals in the UK), she'd be much better to call Mary's stylist whose job it is to identify and procure Mary's clothes for her.

We have never seen any indication, apart from in the excitable elements of the Danish and Australian press, that Kate and Mary have any kind of relationship whatsoever. They've met once that we know of, that's it.

4Pam 09-11-2012 08:59 PM

Ehh not a fan of the dress. She looked nice though.

Frelinghighness 09-11-2012 09:08 PM

Love the pink dress.It would have looked much better on her if it was about 2 inches longer, like CP Mary's recent organge full skirted dress. Needed to have the front tacked down as it bowed open when she bent down. Fabulous that the hair was back and off the face.
The purple dress was a nice nod to her hosts but I found the pattern disconcerting. Also, her hair hid the neckline, both front and back.

CanRoyal 09-11-2012 09:09 PM

Regarding a stylist, as much as this source can be believed:
Kate Middleton forgoes stylist on American tour: 'I'm not a clothes horse' | Mail Online

it appears to be Kate's intention to dress herself (although undoubtedly she asks for opinions of women around her) and not to employ a stylist.

I applaud her for this, as well as the way she recycles outfits and how she frequently buys clothing that is from a previous season or otherwise discounted.

She appears to want to dress well and look nice, but not to overemphasize her appearance.

Daria_S 09-12-2012 12:17 AM

This was posted in the tour thread. First pictures of Catherine for Day 2 of the tour. She's wearing a white outfit, with her blue? wedges.

william & catherine

dazzling 09-12-2012 01:30 AM

September 12, 2012 - Kate in a white skirt with a matching short sleeve jacket and a white belt with black wedges.

Outfit is by Alexander McQueen.

I like the suit but at the same time there is something off about it which I cant point my finger at. I dont care for the color, its a bit boring but then it works. I would've liked if she had her hair pulled back or in a ponytail for the collar of jacket to have a more effect as it was quite nice. Im not a fan of wedges for such official events, I don't care for the climate or location, its just to elegant at all. Very simple pumps would've worked well or sandal heels.

Close up ** Full view

XeniaCasaraghi 09-12-2012 03:03 AM

Woo outfit #3 has impressed me the most. Love the color and style if the skirt and jacket. For this trip she seems to have her skirts at knee level.

Elly C 09-12-2012 03:20 AM

Quote:

September 12, 2012 - Kate in a white skirt with a matching short sleeve jacket and a white belt with black wedges.

I like the suit but at the same time there is something off about it which I cant point my finger at. I dont care for the color, its a bit boring but then it works. I would've liked if she had her hair pulled back or in a ponytail for the collar of jacket to have a more effect as it was quite nice. Im not a fan of wedges for such official events, I don't care for the climate or location, its just to elegant at all. Very simple pumps would've worked well or sandal heels.

Close up ** Full view

Really like this outfit- it looks very comfortable to wear. I agree about the footwear, and as previous posters have commented this is one aspect of her daywear where she could be more interesting. Just a splash of colour would have made this outfit pretty perfect for me.

MARG 09-12-2012 03:30 AM

I see she has changed the length of her skirts which, with her lovely long legs, is both flatteringly modest and elegant. But, ho hum, same variations on exaggerated V-necks, same variations on floppsy moppsy hair and really boring shoes. :whistling:

Boris 09-12-2012 03:32 AM

Couldn't agree more with dazzling - those wedges are a very bad choice, all wrong for the outfit and the occasion and in my eyes such an inelegant eyesore that they throw the overall look off.
The skirt is a bit too full to create a nice silhouette IMO, this is actually dirndl style... and the V neckline of the top is surprisingly low. Along with the hair thrust forward, not the most practical look on a day with a lot of bending over to kids during walkabouts - see gallery below:
Getty Images - Search: SGP: The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Diamond Jubilee Tour - Day 2

ANNIE_S 09-12-2012 03:49 AM

I don´t like this last look. The wedges ruin it for me. I also dislike the skirt.
The pink kimono dress is lovely. Not my favourite Kate´s dress, but soft pink suits her a lot, IMO.

Marika86 09-12-2012 03:51 AM

Kate in her second official event of the day is wearing a top and a skirt from a Singaporean label "Raoul" Top ** Skirt

kathia_sophia 09-12-2012 04:01 AM

First Pic for the 2nd outfit of Day 2

Penny Royalty 09-12-2012 04:24 AM

Great seeing Catherine at the chances when we can. My mind becomes empty and my idea in my heart is of the plenty for she never gets it wrong fashionably. Even when there are complaints and I try to understand the many people's perspectives here, I agree with her and their decisions. Love is in the heir shall we say, for it almost always amazes me how often it feels I can rely on the presence, and assurance of these beautiful Royals. They are inviting and may they continue thriving. I like the boldness of the pink from ago and of course the ivory white. Wonderful. Good luck Will and Kate.

fandesacs2003 09-12-2012 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daria_S (Post 1460182)
This was posted in the tour thread. First pictures of Catherine for Day 2 of the tour. She's wearing a white outfit, with her blue? wedges.

william & catherine

PERFECT outfit, absolutely lovely. Nevetheless is something I do not like with the shoes, I do not know what, the wedges? the height? something is wrong.

I never understood why a woman of 1.78cm (Kate) needs to wear at least 10 cm (or more) heels!! People say bad about Letizia's vertigineous heels, but at least Letizia has minimum 30 cm difference with Felipe to cover. But Kate?? When she is with her high hels near the very tall William, they both look being in another level of cloud, camparable to other "normal" people, especially the elder...

Boris 09-12-2012 04:29 AM

I actually like outfit #2 from today best so far - finally, there's no aspect of 'trying too hard' here, nothing stilted which I feel all the outfits so far had an aspect of, but instead it's simple, light and fresh.
Full view:
https://s14.postimage.org/gfg4bbe5d/N...five490818.jpg

TRCRoyal 09-12-2012 05:12 AM

I like the white McQueen outfit minus the wedges that make that chic outfit kinda casual and weird. Love the second outfit. Low key and lovely. Were they visiting a school?

dazzling 09-12-2012 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boris (Post 1460250)
I actually like outfit #2 from today best so far - finally, there's no aspect of 'trying too hard' here, nothing stilted which I feel all the outfits so far had an aspect of, but instead it's simple, light and fresh.
Full view:

This is a lovely outfit which she also wears very well. The print is fun, the colors work nicely as well. This seems to be a Kate dress.

EIIR 09-12-2012 07:48 AM

Two pretty outfits today. Given the heat and humidity (some of the crowds waiting to see them were fainting due to heat stroke), the light colours are the correct choice.

The wedges were also understandable as they were in Garden by the Bay where they were walking on lawns etc. No point wearing stilettos to start sinking into the carefully tended turf.

MARG said:

Quote:

I see she has changed the length of her skirts which, with her lovely long legs, is both flatteringly modest and elegant.
Kate's in a socially conservative country which has large numbers of, among others, Muslim citizens. She's obviously culturally aware enough to know that the hemlines which are perfectly acceptable and normal in the UK would be viewed differently in the country she's visiting.

nylonluva 09-12-2012 09:35 AM

https://i.imgbox.com/acjOP2Cj.jpg
https://i.imgbox.com/acobhV2j.jpg
https://i.imgbox.com/abbzynJh.jpg
https://i.imgbox.com/admTADZm.jpg
https://i.imgbox.com/absyVg1q.jpg
https://i.imgbox.com/acsT8QjD.jpg
https://i.imgbox.com/adoKaO7Q.jpg

here are some mixed ones ofthe singapore journey - in HQ hope you like
greets

sheikah deena 09-12-2012 09:53 AM

Nice pics , she looks pretty elegant , simple dresses , liked her Bracelet , Thank you for posting :flowers:

Quote:

Full view:

The outfit Nice & looks very Nice on kate and suits her well ,she looks pretty , and william looks very handsome liked his suit very Much ;) , Thank’s for posting

AdmirerUS 09-12-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi (Post 1460221)
Woo outfit #3 has impressed me the most. Love the color and style if the skirt and jacket. For this trip she seems to have her skirts at knee level.

At first, I was not wowed by the outfit. Then I saw the detail and the pics of her greeting crowds at the garden. In addition to being modest enough to suit local concerns, that full skirt allowed the Duchess to bend over and speak to the little people (as we have seen her do so often) with modesty intact.
She also looks great in that fitted waist style. The white cotton was a fit for the local climate. So the outfit was pretty, practical and allowed her to do her job.

I know many of you don't like wedges, but many find them comfortable. They are certainly better on uneven surfaces. It is work after all.

PrincessofEurope 09-12-2012 11:08 AM

I like the idea of the McQueen white outfit from the morning engagements - its actually one of the first such outfits by the designer ive thought thats nice. But again the deep v has proved to have issues in pictures and the neckline gapes. However it was nice light summery in the hot humidity of Singapore. The wedges work with it keeping it modern and young for Kate and they are more comfortable in heat to wear then shoes.

I love the second outfit its flattering and perfect for the tour and events they attended. Favourite so far by Kate this visit

IloveCP 09-12-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1460195)

Close up ** Full view

Love this look! It's very lovely, classic and sophisticated. The only thing I don't like about it is the wedges.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathia_sophia (Post 1460241)

I like the dress, very simple and light. Love the cut and the fabric. Kate looks lovely.

Frelinghighness 09-12-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Full view:

Dress #2 is absolutely perfect for her, cut, fabric, fit and color.

The white eyelet suit, while I love anything in that fabric, the bodice was really too low.
I feel the white full skirt is just too short to look balanced, as was the pink orchid skirt the day before. An inch or two with such a full skirt on such a tall woman would give it the "oomf" it needs". Nothing to do with modesty, just overall look.
As far as footwear, it looks as if she lost the shoes that went with the outfit, and borrowed something from the lost and found.

Empress Merel 09-12-2012 12:11 PM

I really like both the two dresses she wore on Day 2. The white McQueen is a great fit for her. The other one is lighter, more casual but dressy enough. Well picked.

4Pam 09-12-2012 12:59 PM

She looks very nice. I like the outfits so far

bertie5252003 09-12-2012 02:28 PM

Thanks nylonluva for those great images, I like the white but not with those heavy wedges and the red and black [??] is a cool light dress for the heat but nothing spec.
I would have thought that her hair would have been better up at least off her neck [maybe she doesn't feel the heat] but that Singapore heat for new players is IMO intolerable.. I almost went mad[but that was just me].
I am really grateful not to see too many LK Bennet sledge nudes here but we do have a ways to go.

MichelleVA 09-12-2012 02:45 PM

The white outfit is very pretty but I saw a picture of her watering a tree....way to low that bodice is! I think the heat is playing a major factor in her fabric and dres selections as it should. I just hope she really wows us with lots of new fashions. The wedges work for me just because of the terrain she had to deal with. She is doing great so far! Oh I also wanted to mention I bet her hair would look amazing in a low ponytail in the back keeping it off her face and highlighting her collar designers could add great details or she can wow us with fabulous jewels!

Jacknch 09-12-2012 02:50 PM

I do love the white outfit - it reminds me of broiderie Anglaise. The neckline is very familiar as it is the same as her wedding dress and seems to be a little bit of a trademark for her!

LadyGabrielle 09-12-2012 03:28 PM

Love the McQueen outfit. Classic and elegant. I think the wedges were not the right choice for the outfit. It was just too chunky looking but, what do I know. I didnt really like the two piece skirt and top, the red and black one. It was kind of frumpy looking on her. Just my opinion of course. :)

XeniaCasaraghi 09-12-2012 03:54 PM

I liked the wedges they are growing on me and the outfit seemed so classic and business like that she threw in a dash of Kate on her feet.

MichelleQ2 09-12-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacknch (Post 1460397)
I do love the white outfit - it reminds me of broiderie Anglaise. The neckline is very familiar as it is the same as her wedding dress and seems to be a little bit of a trademark for her!

It is broiderie Anglaise - that was the info released to the press :flowers:

Daria_S 09-12-2012 08:14 PM

I love the McQueen outfit (but don't care at all for the wedges), and the second outfit is very lovely as well. Catherine is opting for comfortable rather than formal on this tour, which is a smart choice, given the heat and some of the terrain that they'll be visiting.

Grandma828 09-12-2012 08:19 PM

I can't help but marvel at the amount of time it must have taken Catherine to plan the wardrobe for this trip. The shopping, fitting etc. would have driven me crazy.

Lmarch 09-13-2012 12:38 AM

While I will be in the minority here....I am just bored. Same styles with very little variation. She looks nice but there isn't much that's new. I understand restrictions with the climate, the heat etc. Loved the purple and white print dress she wore the first night in Singapore....it popped, was flattering and memorable. The rest of these dresses are not memorable. I hate to compare her to Diana, but Diana took risks...even in foreign countries. Her clothes were fabulous and memorable and maybe that was because she was memorable without exception. I just see so very little to be excited about.

dazzling 09-13-2012 01:52 AM

September 12, 2012 - Kate in a new dress that is a pleated skirt with a mix of lace on the top part.

Kate wearing a custom made Jenny Packham. Not a bad dress but I find the color a bit too boring for her.

Front view ** Close up ** Back view

Boris 09-13-2012 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1460506)
September 12, 2012 - Kate in a new dress that is a pleated skirt with a mix of lace on the top part.

Kate wearing a custom made Jenny Packham. Not a bad dress but I find the color a bit too boring for her.

Front view ** Close up ** Back view

I find the color as well as the style quite boring here. Particularly for a custom made piece, the pleats of the skirt are looking rather poorly made in several pics, and the lace doesn't stand out at all as there's no contrast in color.
The visit to the war cemetary would have been the correct occasion to wear a wide-brimmed hat if she felt the need to protect herself from the sun; walking between the grave stones with a 'cute' local umbrella makes her look a bit silly IMHO.

XeniaCasaraghi 09-13-2012 03:16 AM

This one doesnt seem to fit too well. Not liking the color either.
Hey Kate give hubby some of the umbrella action.

PrincessofEurope 09-13-2012 03:56 AM

Have to say i like this Jenny Packham dress - the duck egg colour was appropiate for an evento to the war graves. I like this style on Kate and the top with delicate inserts of lace is lovely.

I assumed that this type of event would be an event for a hat.

I dont mind her using the parasol as i recall Camilla using them on numerous tours

kathia_sophia 09-13-2012 04:04 AM

im not a fan of this dress, its to bland to my taste and it doesnt match Catherine. but on the other hand, it was appropriate for the War Memorial Graveyard event, it was suitable!

MARG 09-13-2012 05:33 AM

:previous: She seems to favour slightly high-waisted dresses which is, IMO, a little strange. The addition of a parasol is quite practical in the tropics but I would question whether it was "engagement appropriate". :ermm:

EIIR 09-13-2012 07:31 AM

I adore the parasol; it's so classic and pretty while performing an important function. Parasols have always been popular among British royal women and I'm glad to see Kate carrying on the tradition.

The dress is elegant and appropriate for a very sombre event. Had she worn a bold colour to the cemetery she would've been crucified for disrespecting the dead. She wears a sombre duck egg blue and gets criticised for wearing a boring colour. She can't win. She's obviously choosing very light fabrics given the climate that won't show any embarrassing sweat patches.

Elly C 09-13-2012 07:35 AM

Another success IMO. She is dressing elegantly and sensibly given the climate and the nature of her engagements. I don't consider this boring at all.

Mirabel 09-13-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 1460546)
:previous: She seems to favour slightly high-waisted dresses which is, IMO, a little strange. The addition of a parasol is quite practical in the tropics but I would question whether it was "engagement appropriate". :ermm:

Better to use the parasol than to faint from the heat!

At least Kate can choose lightweight fabrics and short sleeves; William must really be suffering in those suits.

IloveCP 09-13-2012 10:20 AM

I think it's a lovely dress that is suitable for the event. I like the pleats of the skirt and the color is nice. Kate looks very lovely.

AdmirerUS 09-13-2012 10:30 AM

In later indoor shots, the blue of the dress was more pronounced. The sun washed out the color quite a bit.

It was a nice choice for a memorial and a hospice visit IMO.

MichelleQ2 09-13-2012 10:31 AM

I do notice on this tour she has gone with fuller skirts that lend themselves nicely when kneeling down to children.

DCVO 09-13-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmirerUS
In later indoor shots, the blue of the dress was more pronounced. The sun washed out the color quite a bit.

It was a nice choice for a memorial and a hospice visit IMO.

Not only the sun, but the contrast with the cream parasol and bright sky. When I first saw the pictures I thought her dress was gray!

But on further look, I think the dress was probably the best possible choice for these engagements.

bertie5252003 09-13-2012 02:24 PM

When she was minus a brolly hope she had sunscreen applied ie did she pack it I loved the distance shots of them here.

Daria_S 09-13-2012 09:10 PM

I don't have a problem with the dress and the parasol (I love the touch of elegance that little accessory provides), and it was appropriate for visiting a memorial.

Frelinghighness 09-13-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lmarch (Post 1460503)
While I will be in the minority here....I am just bored. Same styles with very little variation. She looks nice but there isn't much that's new. I understand restrictions with the climate, the heat etc. Loved the purple and white print dress she wore the first night in Singapore....it popped, was flattering and memorable. The rest of these dresses are not memorable. I hate to compare her to Diana, but Diana took risks...even in foreign countries. Her clothes were fabulous and memorable and maybe that was because she was memorable without exception. I just see so very little to be excited about.

You are not alone. I often feel like it's the emperors new clothes with the DOC. The insistance on the curtain of hair, and in this case, no hat and a parasol in a graveyard, it just doesn't seem right for a 30 year old married woman.

COESpiral 09-13-2012 11:15 PM

Okay, will someone please explain to me why people are so insulted that she carried a parasol? Is it some kind of national embarrassment or faux pas? Has it become the epitome of tacky to want to shield your head from the sun now?

carlota 09-14-2012 02:02 AM

i'm excited. first look of kate i am really fond of: the veil looked lovely on the white, floaty dress, and the updo was a dream.

ladongas 09-14-2012 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COESpiral (Post 1460904)
Okay, will someone please explain to me why people are so insulted that she carried a parasol? Is it some kind of national embarrassment or faux pas? Has it become the epitome of tacky to want to shield your head from the sun now?

Parasols are okay only if HM or Camilla are using them!

dazzling 09-14-2012 02:47 AM

September 14, 2012 - Kate in a dress by Beulah London.

I like Kates look today. The color is lovely, the dress fits well and I like the sheer sleeves. Her hair-do is quite nice as well as her make up, she looks quite fresh.

Full view ** Close up ** Hair-do

While visiting the mosque, Kate wore a matching head scarf

Picture

SLV 09-14-2012 03:04 AM

Quote:

September 14, 2012 - Kate in a dress by Beulah London.

I like Kates look today. The color is lovely, the dress fits well and I like the sheer sleeves. Her hair-do is quite nice as well as her make up, she looks quite fresh.

Full view ** Close up ** Hair-do

While visiting the mosque, Kate wore a matching head scarf

Picture

Now That is a dowdy dress! But for the occassion (visiting a mosque) entirely appropriate, so I'm not complaining.

bertie5252003 09-14-2012 03:59 AM

Don't like the dress but it probably appropiate for the occasion it is very dowdy!!!IMO