The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f118/)
-   -   The Diamond Jubilee Luncheon and Dinner for the World's Monarchs: May 18, 2012 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f118/the-diamond-jubilee-luncheon-and-dinner-for-the-worlds-monarchs-may-18-2012-a-33132.html)

Lumutqueen 04-08-2012 02:45 AM

The Diamond Jubilee Luncheon and Dinner for the World's Monarchs: May 18, 2012

Queen invites ruler of Bahrain's bloody regime to her Jubilee lunch at Windsor Castle | Mail Online

Artemisia 04-28-2012 08:59 PM

Luncheon and banquet for foreign monarchs - 18 May 2012

Bahrain despot says Yes to the Queen’s Jubilee lunch invitation
Quote:

The King of Bahrain has given the Queen a political headache by accepting her invitation to attend her Diamond Jubilee lunch at Windsor Castle next month. The decision will anger human rights groups opposed to his bloody crackdown on pro-democracy protesters. As a matter of royal protocol, the Queen was obliged to invite the king, along with other crowned heads from around the world, to her celebratory lunch on May 18, as revealed by The Mail on Sunday three weeks ago. While some may have hoped the king, Sheikh Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, would decline the invitation to spare the Queen embarrassment, sources have now confirmed that he has formally accepted.

Cory 04-29-2012 12:30 PM

Hm King Mihai I, HRH Crown Princess Margareta and HRH Prince Radu will be between the 17 and the 18th of May at Windsor Castle and at Buckingham Palce for the Diamond Giubilee of HM Queen Elisabeth II:

Familia Regal

lucien 05-08-2012 12:31 AM

Diamond Jubilee luncheon and banquet for foreign monarchs - 18 May 2012

:japanstandard:

TM Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko of Japan will visit HM on occasion of her Diamond Jubilee from may 19th till may 22nd.

wbenson 05-08-2012 01:26 AM

Japanese royalty to visit England - UPI.com

Japanese Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko will travel to Britain this month for Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee, the Japanese government said Tuesday.

Kyodo News said the royal couple will travel to England May 16 to take part in events celebrating the 60th anniversary of the queen's accession to the throne.

Artemisia 05-08-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucien (Post 1408839)
TM Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko of Japan will visit HM on occasion of her Diamond Jubilee from may 19th till may 22nd.

Thanks for the information, lucien. :smile:
Looks like Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee celebrations are going to be truly unforgettable.

Lumutqueen 05-08-2012 02:55 PM

William, Catherine, Harry and numerous other royals will attend a dinner at Windsor Castle on May 18th for World Monarchs.

ghost_night554 05-08-2012 09:07 PM

k well that's it looks like it for today. So we have our first ever banquet on the 18th that the Duke and Duchess along with Prince Harry will attend. Royals from around the world will also be attending. k I'm going out for dinner and drinks had a rough day, I'll be back later

For those who missed the article the first time around that I posted it.
Windsor | Areas | Windsor News | WindsorExpress | Duke and Duchess of Cambridge set to attend Windsor Castle banquet

Only thing that I find strange that is it's going to be done at Windsor Castle and not BP. Hope we get pix.

Baroness of Books 05-08-2012 09:14 PM

Thanks for the coverage, ghost night, and go out and have a couple of drinks - you deserve them! Something tells me that since this is a banquet lunch, royalty won't be wearing tiaras. They don't normally wear the headgear for daytime events, unless it's for a wedding and the reception afterward.:sad:

ghost_night554 05-08-2012 09:14 PM

Oh wait is it a lunch banquet damn I missed that part lmfao ok wait I change my mind no tiara unless it's a real fancy lunch but ya no no. But again I hope we get pix would love to see them interacting with the foreign royals.

Thnx Baroness I shall go and enjoy, I'll be back at it Thursday night trying to find out times and stuff for Friday's gala.

I do wonder though with the jubilee coming up if they will attend a dinner banquet at some point.

Artemisia 05-08-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost_night554 (Post 1409253)
k well that's it looks like it for today. So we have our first ever banquet on the 18th that the Duke and Duchess along with Prince Harry will attend. So ladies are we going to see Catherine wearing a tiara? Royals from around the world will also be attending. k I'm going out for dinner and drinks had a rough day, I'll be back later, I wanna see what everyone thinks. Personally I think she will wear the tiara.

I doubt it will be a tiara event. By the looks of it, the banquet is going to be a black-tie event.
British royals usually (and even then not always) wear tiaras only during white-tie events.

Duchess of Durham 05-08-2012 09:17 PM

The article notes it's going to be a lunch banquet. I'm guessing no tiaras. :sad:

ghost_night554 05-08-2012 09:21 PM

Ya I missed that small bit when I first read it must be the lack of sleep from last night, was up pretty late working out some kinks in my calendar for this week. Shoot I can't even find a picture of a past royal lunch banquet so I dunno what to expect.

MichelleQ2 05-08-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost_night554
Ya I missed that small bit when I first read it must be the lack of sleep from last night, was up pretty late working out some kinks in my calendar for this week. Shoot I can't even find a picture of a past royal lunch banquet so I dunno what to expect.

Philip and Anne working the BBQ

ghost_night554 05-09-2012 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 (Post 1409284)
Philip and Anne working the BBQ

That was a lunch banquet? BTW it's internet so I can't tell whether or not your were joking :flowers:

cepe 05-09-2012 05:57 AM

On the 18th the Queen is hosting a lunch for the "world royals" at Windsor Castle. But I am sure that I read somewhere (here?) that Prince Charles is hosting a dinner but in London for the same group as well.

Found it!

By KATIE NICHOLL and JONATHAN PETRE
The Queen has risked an international outcry by inviting the King of Bahrain to a Diamond Jubilee banquet despite widespread criticism of his bloody and repressive regime.
The English-educated Sheikh Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa is on the guest list for a lunch hosted by the Queen in May at Windsor Castle. He is also thought to be among those invited to a champagne dinner given by Prince Charles the same evening at Buckingham Palace.

Don't know if the Cambridges are attending the evening do.

cepe 05-09-2012 06:09 AM

I know that. I was responding to a previous post/discussion in this thread about there only being a lunch

Lumutqueen 05-09-2012 06:15 AM

The event itself, the lunch is listed as an engagement for HM and The Duke alone in the future engagements. The dinner hosted by Charles is not mentioned and obviously a private event then.

Mermaid1962 05-09-2012 01:37 PM

I think that was a reference to Philip and Anne at the barbeque in the 1969 film "Royal Family." ;) It was a family BBQ at Balmoral.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost_night554 (Post 1409314)
That was a lunch banquet? BTW it's internet so I can't tell whether or not your were joking :flowers:

Another article from today

MichelleQ2 05-09-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 (Post 1409560)
I think that was a reference to Philip and Anne at the barbeque in the 1969 film "Royal Family." ;) It was a family BBQ at Balmoral.

yes that was exactly the reference... (I actually was looking for the picture to attach) sorry I was being sarcastic (adding smilies is harder from my ipad) I wanted a tiara event... and instead we are getting lunch. I'm sure it will be nice, but it should be glittering and pretty... hopefully there will be an iconic group photograph of the assembled leaders.

ghost_night554 05-09-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 (Post 1409573)
yes that was exactly the reference... (I actually was looking for the picture to attach) sorry I was being sarcastic (adding smilies is harder from my ipad) I wanted a tiara event... and instead we are getting lunch. I'm sure it will be nice, but it should be glittering and pretty... hopefully there will be an iconic group photograph of the assembled leaders.

Hah no worries that's kinda what I figured but was just making sure it wasn't some other pic you were referring to.Totally agree with you a group photo would be amazing.

Confirmed guest list for next week's banquet
Quote:

Marlene Koenig ‏ @royalmusing @RegalEyes @DanielRosney Already confirmed through their own sites or news: Norway, Sweden, Queen of Spain, Japan
Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter
@royalmusing @RegalEyes @DanielRosney Ex-King Constantine of Greece and family are also going with their children.

CanRoyal 05-09-2012 03:22 PM

Yesterday I noticed that it had been tweeted (by Mark Stewart @Regal Eyes)
Quote:

Next week's Sovereign Lunch is going global with 20+ international sovereigns expected to be in attendance.
and
Quote:

That takes it one step up from the Golden Jubilee celebrations when the guest list was limited to European sovereigns.
This made me go look and I was also able to find 2002 pictures of the Golden Jubilee lunch and the Golden Jubilee Dinner Party for European Crowned Heads at Windsor Castle. There is a picture (Image 6 of 12) of The Queen with Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, Queen Sonja and King Harald of Norway and Queen Margrethe of Denmark. Click to view images in the right hand column on this page: The Queen's Golden Jubilee | The Queen's Diamond Jubilee

Unfortunately it appears that although the Crowned Heads are wearing evening dress, there doesn't appear to be a tiara in the bunch. (Guess they didn't want to out-bling each other?) Wonder if it will be the same this year?

ghost_night554 05-09-2012 06:32 PM

Picture 6 is from the dinner right? Hm I so wonder what it will take to see Catherine in a tiara maybe I'm just too impatient

This is from the Golden Jubilee lunch
https://www.newscom.com/nc/displayOpe...type=newsearch

EIIR 05-10-2012 07:10 AM

I fully expect the lunch at Windsor next week to be low key. I think the Queen realises that at a time of hardship for lots of her subjects, the sight of lots of wealthy royals trying to 'out bling' one another at a lavish event at Windsor Castle would simply make them look out of touch. I firmly believe that's why so few British royals go to parties and celebrations on the Continent. Flying off to glamorous royal events to hob nob with other royals while the nation struggles through very tough times just doesn't look good.

Boris 05-10-2012 01:15 PM

The foreign monarchs are invited to two events taking place on March 18th which are constantly mixed up:
During the day, a lunch at Windor Castle hosted by the Queen, which the Cambridges will apparently attend.
In the evening, a dinner at Buckingham palace hosted by the Waleses, which the Cambridges apparently won't attend.

Mademoiselle Lilo 05-10-2012 01:21 PM

do we have a list of the Guests who confirmed their presence or not yet?

NGalitzine 05-10-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo (Post 1410078)
do we have a list of the Guests who confirmed their presence or not yet?

So far I think it is the Scandinavians, the Queen of Spain, the King of Bahrain, the new King and Queen of Tonga, and the Emperor and Empress of Japan.

Artemisia 05-10-2012 01:27 PM

:previous:
I think Queen Beatrix, Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima are also confirmed to attend both the lunch and the dinner.
It's almost certain former King Constantine of Greece and Queen Anne-Marie, as well as Alexander II of Serbia and Crown Princess Katherine will attend as well.

Mademoiselle Lilo 05-10-2012 01:28 PM

thanks NGalitzine and Artemisia.
i am hoping to see all the rest royals from all over the world its gonna be fun

NGalitzine 05-10-2012 01:28 PM

I was under the impression Windsor was only for reigning sovereigns, at least that is what keeps being reported.

Artemisia 05-10-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGalitzine (Post 1410084)
I was under the impression Windsor was only for reigning sovereigns, at least that is what keeps being reported.

I've seen similar reports too, bit it's unlikely the (former) Greek and Romanian Monarchs, as well as the pretender to Serbian Throne don't attend.
Otherwise, they will probably attend the diner hosted by the Prince of Wales alone.

RobertLeslie 05-10-2012 04:06 PM

Is there a list of which monarchs will be attending the luncheon/dinner hosted by the Prince of Wales

Lumutqueen 05-10-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertLeslie (Post 1410214)
Is there a list of which monarchs will be attending the luncheon/dinner hosted by the Prince of Wales

Nope. It's a champagne dinner hosted at BP, the lunch is hosted by HM at Windsor. The dinner looks to be a private event as it's not listed on the engagements list whereas the lunch is.

Lumutqueen 05-10-2012 04:16 PM

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik will be in the UK on the 18th- 19th. Frederik is regent, with his brother preparing for his daughter's christening.
In the Netherlands nothing is on their royal calendar stating whether they're coming or not.
The King and Queen of Norway will attend, as well Carl Gustaf and Silvia.

lucien 05-11-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertLeslie (Post 1410214)

TM The Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko of Japan as well as HM Queen Beatrix of The Netherlands and other Crowned Heads of Europe and abroad.

Rosapru 05-13-2012 01:22 AM

confirmed: William and Kate will be present at the Sovereign Luncheon on May 18 at Windsor with all the reigning monarqs of the world. Fantastic news. BK just confirmed on theirwebsite.

Lenora 05-13-2012 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosapru (Post 1411324)
confirmed: William and Kate will be present at the Sovereign Luncheon on May 18 at Windsor with all the reigning monarqs of the world. Fantastic news. BK just confirmed on theirwebsite.

Great!
Does anyone know if the Sovereign Luncheon will be aired on tv online?

wbenson 05-13-2012 02:26 AM

I doubt it. There could be a pleasant surprise, but I wouldn't expect anything other than some still pictures and maybe tape of arrivals and mingling before or after the meal.

Iluvbertie 05-13-2012 06:01 AM

It is not normal in Britain for things like this to be televised.

We might get to see some arrivals - like the dinner the night before William's wedding - some photos.

carlota 05-13-2012 08:02 AM

which guests have confirmed their attendance?

EDIT: it seems like the queen of spain, and the queen of denmark and prince consort will attend
https://www.casareal.es/noticias/news...des-idweb.html

https://kongehuset.dk/Menu/kalender/r...ajestat-dronni

NGalitzine 05-16-2012 01:03 AM

Monarchs: The world’s most exclusive club gathers for the Jubilee - Telegraph

Since it is a luncheon their suggestion of tiaras and diamonds galour may be a bit off.

ghost_night554 05-16-2012 01:11 AM

Any word if William and Kate are attending the dinner? Otherwise I'll ask my contacts see what they know.

Daria_S 05-16-2012 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost_night554 (Post 1412695)
Any word if William and Kate are attending the dinner? Otherwise I'll ask my contacts see what they know.

Dinner? I thought it was just lunch (though if 'The Telegraph' is to be believed, we may see a rather white-tie-ish affair with all the jewels they're hinting at). Yeah, I'm just a little perplexed :ermm:.

ghost_night554 05-16-2012 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daria_S (Post 1412701)
Dinner? I thought it was just lunch (though if 'The Telegraph' is to be believed, we may see a rather white-tie-ish affair with all the jewels they're hinting at). Yeah, I'm just a little perplexed :ermm:.

So did I till now

Quote:

He is also thought to be among those invited to a champagne dinner given by Prince Charles the same evening at Buckingham Palace.
So I asked and no, William and Kate will not be at the dinner from what we know as of today.

dazzling 05-16-2012 12:51 PM

King of Bahrain King Hamad Al Khalifa, Sultan Qaboos of Oman and Swaziland's King Mswati III are confirmed guests.

Queen invites ruler of Bahrain's bloody regime to her Jubilee lunch at Windsor Castle because 'it's very rude to leave anyone off the list'
Read more: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1v3JvPqO8

NGalitzine 05-16-2012 12:55 PM

Bahrain and Swaziland should have developed diplomatic colds.

Charlotte_Aster 05-16-2012 12:58 PM

:previous:Looks like Queen of Spain got the diplomatic cold bug, though.
https://jubileoreinaisabel.hola.com/d...ileo-diamante/
https://politica.elpais.com/politica/...09_611144.html

Artemisia 05-16-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGalitzine (Post 1412908)
Bahrain and Swaziland should have developed diplomatic colds.

That would have been the prudent thing to do.
I wonder how many of his wives is King Mswati allowed to bring; the one that recently fled the palace is unlikely to attend though.

EIIR 05-16-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemisia (Post 1412910)
I wonder how many of his wives is King Mswati allowed to bring; the one that recently fled the palace is unlikely to attend though.

I hadn't heard about that. Royal brides trying to escape their husbands has become a bit of a trend lately.

Artemisia 05-16-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EIIR (Post 1412916)
I hadn't heard about that. Royal brides trying to escape their husbands has become a bit of a trend lately.

You can learn a bit more about the incident from this post.
To put it succinctly, King Mswati's long-suffering sixth wife fled from her husband, apparently tired of years of emotional and physical abuse. She left the palace under the pretence of visiting her parents, and disappeared somewhere on the way (presumably, of her own free will).

NGalitzine 05-16-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemisia (Post 1412910)

Maybe Mswati is like President Zuma and keeps his wives on a rotation schedule when it comes to official travel, although given how many wives Mswati has if that were the case most of them would never see the light of day so maybe they draw straws and the loser has to travel with him.

NGalitzine 05-16-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster (Post 1412909)

I was waiting for something along that line to happen, although I do wonder if Sofia's cancellation hasn't got more to do with recent domestic family issues and less to do with a future visit to Gibraltar by Edward and Sophie.

EIIR 05-16-2012 01:55 PM

I could be wrong, but the Queen hasn't been able to visit Gibraltar for over 50 years in large part so as not to upset Spain. This is despite the Gibraltarians being among HM's most loyal subjects with a deep respect for her. The people of Gibraltar do not want to be Spanish, they want to be British and that should be respected. How sad that such a non-issue should prevent Queen Sofia's attendance this week.

Artemisia 05-16-2012 02:01 PM

Indeed. Especially since Sofia is one of the closest relatives of not only the Queen, but also Prince Philip.
The Queen's last visit to Gibraltar was made was made on 10 May 1954.

Charlotte_Aster 05-16-2012 02:34 PM

The El Pais article states that it was the government who stated that it wouldn't be appropriate for her to attend, it's not her personal choice.

EIIR 05-16-2012 03:30 PM

The King wasn't going anyway, that could've sufficed as some sort of signal of discontent if one was really needed. Given Sofia has fairly close family links to the British royals, I can't understand what possible benefit this decision has for the Spanish government. British policy towards Gibraltar is set and has been for many years now. Throwing the toys out of the pram isn't going to change that. All this does is disappoint Sofia and the Queen/DoE personally.

It's the people of Gibraltar I feel sorry for. Their sovereign has been unable to visit them for almost 60 years as the British government tries not to upset the Spanish government, but they're going to go out of their way to be offended anyway, so why not send HM to Gibraltar herself? I have no doubt she would love to go, as all the royals do with Gibraltar.

Lindy 05-16-2012 03:42 PM

Rather a last minute cancellation as many of the guests are arriving in London today.

lula 05-16-2012 03:45 PM

In this case the problem is not only on the Sovereignty of Gibraltar and the British Government... the problem is a direct conflict with maritime borders between Gibraltar and Spain, which has caused many disputes, including arrests and police confrontations. Yesterday meetings between Gibraltar and Spanish fishermen broke and certainly in the coming days are going to be conflicts.

Queen Sofia can not be partying in London, while spanish fishermen are in danger of losing their jobs and livelihoods of their families, and risk being arrested by police of Gibraltar.

Lumutqueen 05-16-2012 04:10 PM

She was going to be partying, until she decided it would look bad. I'm sure she'd love to actually be there.

sophie25 05-16-2012 04:26 PM

Peter Hunt, the BBC Royal Correspondant, has said on his Twitter page that Prince Albert and Princess Charlene of Monaco have confirmed their attendance.

lula 05-16-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1412965)
She was going to be partying, until she decided it would look bad. I'm sure she'd love to actually be there.

I think you should re-read. The problem arose yesterday, because they broke negotiations and conflicts are expected in the coming days. That is why today they have canceled.

In any case, go or no go, it is not a personal decision of the Queen Sofia. It is a lunch for Heads of State, to go or not is a decision of the Spanish state.

Rossina 05-16-2012 04:37 PM

Amman, May 16 (Petra) -- Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania Al Abdullah, left Amman on Wednesday heading for London.
...the King and Queen will take part in a ceremony marking the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II.

Lumutqueen 05-16-2012 04:38 PM

The point still stands, she's not going because of the potential backlash she'll receive. Like I said, she'd probably love to be there.

EIIR 05-16-2012 05:02 PM

Gibraltar is entirely self-governing. With the exception of defence, the Gibraltarians makes their own decisions. The Queen is in no way involved in the actions of the government there. Nor is Gibraltar a British 'colony' as some people try to suggest.

QEII and Queen Sofia are entirely removed from any fishing disputes, or sovereignty disputes for that matter. It's disappointing when governments us their monarchs as puppets to make political points.

I feel for Sofia especially as you always get the impression that she loves these big royal get-togethers. Given the pretty awful time she's had recently, I'm sure she was looking forward to it.

NGalitzine 05-16-2012 06:09 PM

Queen Sofia to snub Diamond Jubilee lunch over Gibraltar row - Telegraph

The Telegraph calls Sofias non attendance a snub but I am sure QEII understands politics and politicians better than most and will see it for what it is and not a snub by Sofia.

fancatt 05-16-2012 06:23 PM

And the king and queen of the Belgians, will they be present?

Molly2101 05-16-2012 06:26 PM

I think the political issues surrounding Edward and Sophie's visit to the Gilbraltar, and the Spanish politicians not approving is so petty, but froming from Nothern Ireland I understand how country politics can seem the most important thing.

I am glad Albert and Charlene are attending. Do we know if any of the Crown Princely couples are attending? The good thing is Edward and Sophie will know a lot of these Monarchs from attending so many weddings, moreso than other members of the family.

suztav 05-16-2012 08:30 PM

What difference does it makenow if Queen Sofia attends the Jubilee last year when she, Felipe and Letizia attended the wedding of William and Catherine last year?

MarNoe 05-16-2012 09:01 PM

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/nn20120517a6.html

The Japanese emperor and empress have left for England.

Artemisia 05-17-2012 12:19 AM

Spain snubs the Queen's Jubilee bash: Overseas royals say their attendance would be inappropriate
Quote:

Thee Queen was dealt an extraordinary and calculated snub last night that threatens to tarnish her Diamond Jubilee celebrations. Just two days before Her Majesty was due to welcome the crowned heads of Europe’s royal houses to an elaborate Windsor Castle lunch, Spain’s Queen Sofia dramatically pulled out of the event. A spokesman for the Spanish royals snootily declared that Sofia’s presence would be ‘inappropriate in the current circumstances.’

Queen of the canals: Monarch takes a barge into Burnley on her Diamond Jubilee tour of Britain
Quote:

The Queen's Jubilee tour floated into the North West today, as the monarch, the Duke of Edinburgh and Prince Charles arrived in Burnley on a barge. A day after they were mobbed by adoring crowds in South London, the royal party seemed to enjoy the change of pace as their vessel slowly chugged through the town centre. Prince Charles had a special reason to join his parents on the Burnley leg of the Diamond Jubilee tour - no less than six of his charities have worked on regenerating the town (and he's a secret fan of Burnley Football Club!).

ghost_night554 05-17-2012 12:42 AM

I wonder if we'll get any photos of the lunch(ie: arriving, inside) or is it strictly private? I'd love a group photo tbh. Either way I won't be around it'll be round 4am here and there is no way my body will be able to get up that early. I still don't understand how I went over 24 hours without sleeping during William and Kate's wedding last year, I like refused to sleep at all the night/morning of the wedding. And now my body can barely stay awake past 2am go figure.

Lumutqueen 05-17-2012 03:46 AM

We'll probably get pictures of the arrival, it's been made clear the guest list and it's on the calender. Whereas the dinner in the evening is not. A group photo will probably appear like the one for The Golden Jubilee. I should be home from work in time.

ghost_night554 05-17-2012 03:58 AM

I'll most likely be up in time for the dinner but no way I'll make the lunch sadly oh well I'll catch up later. Oh they had a group photo for the Golden Jubilee? Ah that's encouraging hope they have one this time too!

Mademoiselle Lilo 05-17-2012 12:07 PM

Lalla Meryem arrived to London she will represent the King Mohammed VI
Arrivée à Londres de SAR la Princesse Lalla Meryem pour représenter SM le Roi au Jubilé de Diamant de la Reine d'Angleterre

Al_bina 05-17-2012 12:09 PM

I am looking forward to photos of Lalla Meryem in a stunning caftan. Will her daughter accompany her?

Mademoiselle Lilo 05-17-2012 12:15 PM

they didn't mention Lalla Soukaina Al_bina but i won't be surprised if she attend too,Lalla Joumala might attend also but i am not sure.

NGalitzine 05-17-2012 08:12 PM

Queen Beatrix is coming. It was talked about in the Dutch Parliament and they voted to allow her to attend. Apparently they had concerns about the attendance of the King of Bahrain but decided that was a British issue and not something in their control.

Benjamin 05-17-2012 11:39 PM

According to a tweet today by BBC correspondent Peter Hunt, King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie will be attending the luncheon.

HMQueenElizabethII 05-17-2012 11:50 PM

I read the news this morning that the guest list has been released by the Palace but somehow I could not find it anywhere. We probably have to wait for the sources from the tweet of the royal reporters, I guess.

Rosapru 05-18-2012 12:17 AM

Guest list
The full guest list for the monarchs' lunch is:
HM The King of Bahrain; HRH Princess Sabeeka bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa (Bahrain); HM The King of The Belgians; HM The Queen of The Belgians; HM The Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei; HM Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha (Brunei); HM King Simeon II of the Bulgarians; HM Queen Margarita of the Bulgarians; HM Queen Margrethe II of Denmark; HRH The Prince Consort (Denmark); HM King Constantine of the Hellenes; HM Queen Anne-Marie of the Hellenes; HM The Emperor of Japan; HM The Empress of Japan; HM The King of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan; HM Queen of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan; HH Sheikh Nasser Mohamed Al-Jaber Al-Sabah of Kuwait.
HM King Letsie III of Lesotho; HM Queen Masenate Mohato Seeiso of Lesotho; HSH Prince Hans-Adam II of Liechtenstein; HRH The Grand Duke of Luxembourg; HRH The Grand Duchess of Luxembourg; HM Seri Paduka Baginda Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia; HM Seri Paduka Baginda Raja Permaisuri of Malaysia; HSH The Prince of Monaco; HSH The Princess of Monaco; HRH Princess Lalla Meryem of Morocco; HM The Queen of the Netherlands; HM The King of Norway; HM The Queen of Norway; HH The Emir of The State of Qatar; HH Sheika Mozah bint Nasser Al-Missned (Qatar).
HM King Michael I of Romania; HM Queen Anne of Romania; HRH Prince Mohammed Bin Nawaf Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud of Saudi Arabia; HM King Mswati III of Swaziland; Inkhosikati LaMbikiza (Swaziland); HM The King of Sweden; HM The Queen of Sweden; HRH The Crown Prince of Thailand; HRH Princess Srirasm of Thailand; HM The King of Tonga; HM The Queen of Tonga; HH The Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi; HRH The Crown Prince of Yugoslavia; HRH The Crown Princess of Yugoslavia.

HMQueenElizabethII 05-18-2012 12:30 AM

This is indeed the biggest royal gathering since the funeral of the Queen Mother and the Golden Jubilee. Plus it extends to foreign royalty instead of just the European ones. But i think the Foreign Office may have forgotten or left Bhutan, Cambodia and Oman as well?

NGalitzine 05-18-2012 01:10 AM

I imagine trying to figure out the protocol and precedence of that group would be a nightmare, although if they follow the practice used at Williams wedding it may be a case of first come first served.

ghost_night554 05-18-2012 02:13 AM

Some news...
Quote:

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
@HRHDuchesskate Erm, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say. Better not, given the security issues. But roughly as you'd expect for a lunch.
@HRHDuchesskate I'll be outside the castle though so hope to be able to tweet something useful, perhaps about protests if there are any.
Also tune into BBC I just watched a bit and they have someone outside of Windsor castle so I expect they'll prob have a little something later.

This is important to know
Quote:

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter @HRHDuchesskate National newspaper royal correspondents have been banned from the castle. They claim they don't have room. PA and BBC there
Quote:

Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN Monarchs of Bahrain and Swaziland confirmed as guests to Queens lunch at Windsor. Amnesty hits out. Details on #CNN from 11BST
Palace: Every World Monarch invited as a matter of course. We have been supported by the FCO for this event.

Lumutqueen 05-18-2012 03:12 AM

BBC has a news piece on the lunch, which mainly discussed the 'snubs' and the controversial guests. They mentioned that all sovereign monarchs were invited, so whoever isn't attending chose not to.

principessa 05-18-2012 04:04 AM

I would be so pleased if there will be a group photo and this would be an amazing group photo. I have never seen so much monarchs at one picture.

An Ard Ri 05-18-2012 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGalitzine (Post 1413457)
I imagine trying to figure out the protocol and precedence of that group would be a nightmare, although if they follow the practice used at Williams wedding it may be a case of first come first served.

I was just thinking that too!

Iluvbertie 05-18-2012 05:19 AM

I believe at an event like this precedence relates to length of reign making it quite easy really - simply done by date of accession.

Cory 05-18-2012 05:21 AM

The Romanian Royals will be present but not HM Queen Ana:

Regele Mihai la Jubileul Reginei Elisabeta a II-a | Romania. Altfel

EIIR 05-18-2012 05:26 AM

Given the vast majority of Britons likely couldn't name any foreign royals, the BBC have decided to try and educate us on each of the monarchs. Quite a nifty little graphic:

BBC News - Diamond Jubilee: Kings and queens around the world

dazzling 05-18-2012 06:35 AM

Is Prince William & Catherine attending the dinner? Last I read a few days ago that they weren't, not sure if things have changed.

Does anyone know what the dress code is for the lunch and dinner?

Ephram 05-18-2012 07:59 AM

Can anyone live in London describe what is happening now at Windsor Castle? Is there any update or crossover by BBC or any TV channel on the luncheon? What about the guests arriving - I am only seeing pictures of the armed forces rehearsing.

EIIR 05-18-2012 08:02 AM

Sky News just said that the dress code is lounge suits, so pretty informal. The guests will be sitting at round tables and one British royal will sit at each table. I think that the guests are all in place and the lunch is underway.

Last we heard William and Kate are due to attend the luncheon, but not Prince Charles's dinner at BP tonight.

I suspect in terms of photos, we'll probably get a handout group picture, but not much more than that.

Ephram 05-18-2012 08:11 AM

Thank you for updating. Great to hear the presence of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge as well.

melina premiere 05-18-2012 08:20 AM

I doubt we will watch many photos of the luncheon at Windsor castle and and we will get any more about the dinner at BP. I remember we had no photos abouth the 60th' birthday of Prince Charles apart some photos of the cars of the personnalities which arrived there
Perhaps we will get a handout group picture

EIIR 05-18-2012 08:28 AM

Kate is definitely there, she's wearing an outfit by Emilia Wickstead as per Richard Palmer.

There will be photos, media access has been restricted within the Castle to Press Association and the BBC.

Sky News just showed some footage of the Queen and DoE inside. HM seems to be wearing a kind of silver coloured skirt suit.

Apparently William and Kate are unlikely to be bowing/curtseying to the monarchs as there are so many of them.

Rosapru 05-18-2012 08:39 AM

I do hope Kate wears Emilia Wickstead. Her outifs are absolutly gorgeous and ultra feminine. I adore her dresses, so fluid and so elegant.

Lumutqueen 05-18-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosapru
I do hope Kate wears Emilia Wickstead. Her outifs are absolutly gorgeous and ultra feminine. I adore her dresses, so fluid and so elegant.

It's been confirmed as EIIR said in the post above, that she is wearing Emilia.

UPDATE: Kate is wearing a pink Alice coat dress.

Lumutqueen 05-18-2012 08:45 AM

Just a note, The Princess Royal is not attending the lunch, she's in Athens bringing the torch to Cornwall.

EIIR 05-18-2012 08:47 AM

On the menu today is English Asparagus Tartlet, Windsor Lamb & Kent Strawberries with Vanilla Charlotte.

Sounds yummy.

UPDATE: could Kate be in a pink version of this?

https://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/autum...stead#/image/1

Lumutqueen 05-18-2012 08:51 AM

That link takes me to a 5 page gallery EIIR?