The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume, Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Engagement of HGD Guillaume & Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy: April 26, 2012 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f121/engagement-of-hgd-guillaume-and-countess-st-phanie-de-lannoy-april-26-2012-a-32943.html)

agami.pearl 04-26-2012 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by American Dane (Post 1403961)
So will there then not be the press conference today at 10.50am as previously written?

There was conference with PM, he said that more information will be given tomorrow at 11.30 am.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster (Post 1403967)
Ok, the most important question: When's the wedding? :)

We don't know but probably this year, I think that court must find suitable date and has time to prepare the affair.

Congratulations to the couple :flowers:. Guillaumne looks so happy at the photos as well Stephanie. Can't wait for press meeting with them and seeing the ring.

Marika86 04-26-2012 06:02 AM

Happy news! Congratulations to the couple and their families :flowers:

Tilia C. 04-26-2012 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntie (Post 1403968)
It seems he is the only heir to marry from just the right lineage, if his parents weren't a love story themselves I would think it was a tad arranged...;)On another note, congrats to the couple, has anyone seen a ring?

Maybe arranged in the sense that both their parents made sure that the kids got to know as many other young nobles as possible. Many noble families still do. If they spent a lot of time with other young aristocrats, there's a good chance (but no guarantee) for real love matches to develop.
It seems to have worked for these two. At least they look blissfully in love on the engagement pics.

maria-olivia 04-26-2012 06:03 AM

The Family of the Count de Lannoy belong to Belgium’s highest Nobility. I am very happy that the future Grand Duchess will be a Belgian such as the late Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte who should be very happy with this engagement.

stephanievl 04-26-2012 06:07 AM

Stephanie started her school career in the Dutch speaking school “Sancta Maria” in Ronse Belgium). After that she studied a wile in France at the College Saint-Odile. She ended school in 2002 in the Dutch speaking school “gelovige Maagd” in Brussels (Belgium).After this she went to Russia, Moscow for a year language courses and to study the Russian literature.

She studied German filologie in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium) and has a master from the university of Berlin. In Berlin She did her internship at the Belgian embassy in Berlin. Since her return in Belgium she works at an investment firm.

She did volunteer work for several oranisation. Besides form French, Dutch and German she is fluent in Russian. She studies violin and piano and likes classical music. Since a teenager she is very much interested in literature and with her knowledge of foreign languages she read literature in the original language.

American Dane 04-26-2012 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntie (Post 1403968)
It seems he is the only heir to marry from just the right lineage, if his parents weren't a love story themselves I would think it was a tad arranged...;)On another note, congrats to the couple, has anyone seen a ring?

In one of the engagement photos you can see Stephanie's left hand which has no rings on it but Guillaume is covering her right hand. So I don't know if there is a ring yet, unless in Luxembourg or Belgium they wear it on their right hands and Guillaume is covering her hand for this reason ;)

Princess Luna 04-26-2012 06:15 AM

This is great news, can`t wait to she the ring:smile:

agami.pearl 04-26-2012 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by American Dane (Post 1403983)
In one of the engagement photos you can see Stephanie's left hand which has no rings on it but Guillaume is covering her right hand. So I don't know if there is a ring yet, unless in Luxembourg or Belgium they wear it on their right hands and Guillaume is covering her hand for this reason ;)

I think we will see ring tomorrow. She 's not wearing any at these pictures.

stephanievl 04-26-2012 06:30 AM

According to the media, tomorrow at 11.30 uur there is a big reception in the palace with people form the political social and religious world. At 4PM there is a photoshoot in the castle.

IloveCP 04-26-2012 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanievl (Post 1403981)
Stephanie started her school career in the Dutch speaking school “Sancta Maria” in Ronse Belgium). After that she studied a wile in France at the College Saint-Odile. She ended school in 2002 in the Dutch speaking school “gelovige Maagd” in Brussels (Belgium).After this she went to Russia, Moscow for a year language courses and to study the Russian literature.

She studied German filologie in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium) and has a master from the university of Berlin. In Berlin She did her internship at the Belgian embassy in Berlin. Since her return in Belgium she works at an investment firm.
She did volunteer work for several oranisation. Besides form French, Dutch and German she is fluent in Russian. She studies violin and piano and likes classical music. Since a teenager she is very much interested in literature and with her knowledge of foreign languages she read literature in the original language.

Thanks for all the information! Based on this, she appears to not speak Luxembourgish. At least she speaks French and German!

Tilia C. 04-26-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanievl (Post 1403981)

Impressive. I think she would know English as well, since it is the most important language in international communication. Ususally noble families deem it important to speek English. Do Belgium schools emphazise the studies of English?

agami.pearl 04-26-2012 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanievl (Post 1403997)
According to the media, tomorrow at 11.30 uur there is a big reception in the palace with people form the political social and religious world. At 4PM there is a photoshoot in the castle.

Today or tomorrow?

EDIT: I found it, tomorrow.

Marengo 04-26-2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IloveCP (Post 1403998)
Thanks for all the information! Based on this, she appears to not speak Luxembourgish. At least she speaks French and German!

I would assume that she will be able to learn it rather quickly, esp. since she is supposed to be fluent in german (which is quite simular).

principessa 04-26-2012 07:02 AM

The announcement of the grand-ducal court.

Fiançailles de S.A.R. le Grand-Duc Héritier - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Avril 2012

fa-fa 04-26-2012 07:05 AM

Congratulations to the couple!

principessa 04-26-2012 07:13 AM

A report on Hola:

Guillermo de Luxemburgo anuncia su compromiso con la condesa Stéphanie de Lannoy

stephanievl 04-26-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilia C. (Post 1403999)
Impressive. I think she would know English as well, since it is the most important language in international communication. Ususally noble families deem it important to speek English. Do Belgium schools emphazise the studies of English?

Yes she is speaking English, in Belgium we start with English courses when we are 10 (dutch speaking schools)

Tilia C. 04-26-2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanievl (Post 1404012)
Yes she is speaking English, in Belgium we start with English courses when we are 10 (dutch speaking schools)

Thank you for your confirmation.
With her background she won't have trouble learning Luxembourgish. With her strong interest in languages, I guess that she already has started to study it.

stephanievl 04-26-2012 07:26 AM

The engagment is now also on the website of the court
Fiançailles de S.A.R. le Grand-Duc Héritier

dbarn67 04-26-2012 07:34 AM

Congratulations to the couple.