The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume, Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Engagement of HGD Guillaume & Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy: April 26, 2012 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f121/engagement-of-hgd-guillaume-and-countess-st-phanie-de-lannoy-april-26-2012-a-32943.html)

Stefan 04-26-2012 03:10 AM

Engagement of HGD Guillaume & Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy: April 26, 2012

https://img52.imageshack.us/img52/839...oatofarmso.png

Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume is engaged to Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy.

The engagement of Herediary Grand Duke Guillame and Countess Stephanie de Lannoy was announced on Thursday 26.04.2012.
There will be a Press Conference at 10h30
RTL.lu - Society - Ierfgroussherzog Guillaume: Verlobung confirméiert!

American Dane 04-26-2012 03:12 AM

Congratulation Guillaume! And best wishes to Stephanie! :luxstandard:

Perhaps this was the reason Guillaume wasn't on most of the State Visit to Germany?

stephanievl 04-26-2012 03:14 AM

The announcement

Quote:

Leurs Altesses Royales le Grand-Duc et la Grande-Duchesse, ont la très grande joie d’annoncer les fiançailles de Leur fils, Son Altesse Royale le Prince Guillaume, Grand-Duc Héritier, avec la Comtesse Stéphanie de Lannoy.
Palais, le 26 avril 2012

Elektra 04-26-2012 03:15 AM

Congratulations !:flowers: Another royal wedding on the way ! :luxflag:

American Dane 04-26-2012 03:21 AM

If I've done the conversion right, the press conference will be in 1 1/2 hours at 10.50 CET, correct? Can someone in Europe confirm this?

principessa 04-26-2012 03:24 AM

One of my biggest 30th birthday presents. Congratulations!

stephanievl 04-26-2012 03:33 AM

Picture of the couple released by the court today

IloveCP 04-26-2012 03:41 AM

Congrats! I am so happy for them! I can't wait until the wedding!

SLV 04-26-2012 03:42 AM

Such happy news!!!

Elektra 04-26-2012 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by American Dane (Post 1403889)
If I've done the conversion right, the press conference will be in 1 1/2 hours at 10.50 CET, correct? Can someone in Europe confirm this?

You are right! And it's in less than 1 hour now :flowers:

Archduchess Zelia 04-26-2012 03:45 AM

Congratulations to Guillaume and Stephanie, then the rumours were right afterall! They look very happy and very much in love. All my best wishes to them.

Lenora 04-26-2012 03:47 AM

Congratulations!
Does anyone know how old is Stephanie?

stephanievl 04-26-2012 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenora (Post 1403900)
Congratulations!
Does anyone know how old is Stephanie?

She is 27.

American Dane 04-26-2012 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elektra (Post 1403897)
You are right! And it's in less than 1 hour now :flowers:

Cheers for that! Hopefully someone can post a link for us to watch when it starts :flowers:

Madame Royale 04-26-2012 03:52 AM

I didn't even realise he was dating, but then again I'm not altogether interested in the Grand Ducal family (besides the reigning couple that is).

So she's a granddaughter of Princess Beatrice of Ligne and a member of the high nobility in Belgium. With all the new blood that has been introduced into Europe over the past 4O or so years, it seems more perculiar (nowadays) that people of notable breeding should wed. Certainly for people outside of Europe I imagine.

That there shall be a wedding with a grand attendance no doubt (?), will surely be something to anticipate.

stephanievl 04-26-2012 03:54 AM

Another picture by the court

American Dane 04-26-2012 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madame Royale (Post 1403903)
I didn't even realise he was dating, but then again I'm not altogether interested in the Grand Ducal family (besides the reigning couple that is).

So she's a granddaughter of Princess Beatrice of Ligne and a member of the high nobility in Belgium. With all the new blood that has been introduced into Europe over the past 4O or so years, it seems more perculiar (nowadays) that people of notable breeding should wed. Certainly for people outside of Europe I should think.

Well, there shall be a wedding with a grand attendance no doubt so that's something to anticipate.

According the Guillaume from last November, they've been together just over a year so it was perhaps easy to miss that they were dating.

I agree with you regarding the new blood over the last few decades, and especially since Guillaume's own mother and sister-in-law were not royals nor nobles prior to marriage (and the Grand Duchess wasn't exactly GD Josephine-Charlotte's first choice for her Henri), it seems odd that Guillaume would be the one heir to marry someone noble.

Lenora 04-26-2012 04:01 AM

It's fantastic that they've been dating only a year before the engagement announcement, the most royal couples had been dating for ages before any official announcement.

Tilia C. 04-26-2012 04:02 AM

My, they look happy! Wonderful!
I hope I'll be able to watch the press conference live. Does anybody have the link?

lucien 04-26-2012 04:05 AM

Odd?What on earth for?No,natural,people meet,noble or not,and it was known for months this couple was an issue expected to last longer then a flirt.Just not here....well...:whistling:

Congratulations to the lovely couple!!

imgbox - fast, simple image host

Shikha Pal 04-26-2012 04:05 AM

Congratulations to both of them!!!. She is gorgeous!!!

stephanievl 04-26-2012 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenora (Post 1403906)
It's fantastic that they've been dating only a year before the engagement announcement, the most royal couples had been dating for ages before any official announcement.

They know each other 5 years from which 2 intimate.

Ducii 04-26-2012 04:32 AM

That´s a big suprise. I did not expected it, despite the fact I knew there is something big happening in Luxembourg for few weeks. Well congratulation to the couple. Hope they will live hapily ever after.

dazzling 04-26-2012 04:34 AM

Congratulations to the couple!

Dierna23 04-26-2012 04:34 AM

Wow! I've heard many rumors, but I'm still surprised.

Congratulations to them! :flowers:

Marengo 04-26-2012 04:59 AM

Congratulations to the couple and their relatives! hardly surprising as the HGD commented on a relationship not too long ago, but good news nontheless. I expect that a LOT of royals will attend this wedding, both reiging and esp. non-reigning.

To DukeofMarmalade: the Belgian nobility seems somewhat exclusive still, I would say around 80% still marries their fellow nobles, just take a look in Stephanie's family tree for example: Lannoy (though her own elder siblings seem to be the exceptions to the rule).

Biri 04-26-2012 05:05 AM

lucien 04-26-2012 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1403926)
Congratulations to the couple and their relatives! hardly surprising as the HGD commented on a relationship not too long ago, but good news nontheless. I expect that a LOT of royals will attend this wedding, both reiging and esp. non-reigning.

To DukeofMarmalade: the Belgian nobility seems somewhat exclusive still, I would say around 80% still marries their fellow nobles, just take a look in Stephanie's family tree for example: Lannoy (though her own elder siblings seem to be the exceptions to the rule).

The wedding will be a who´s who in Royalty and Nobility,and us here at TRF...;)

Lady Felicity M 04-26-2012 05:20 AM

Woo!! Congrulations! Massive wedding event to look forward too!

Biri 04-26-2012 05:24 AM

Lannoy

Oh good heavens...I didn't suppose her father is so old!

Tilia C. 04-26-2012 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucien (Post 1403940)
The wedding will be a who´s who in Royalty and Nobility,and us here at TRF...;)

:lol: right, us here at TRF! This will be the wedding of the year :smile:.
The Luxembourgs have been invited to all mayor royal weddings. Now we can expect the other royals to flood into little Luxembourg.

stephanievl 04-26-2012 05:33 AM

Tomorrow at 11:30 there will be a reception at the palace and a picture moment with the press according to RTL.

American Dane 04-26-2012 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanievl (Post 1403956)
Tomorrow at 11:30 there will be a reception at the palace and a picture moment with the press according to RTL.

So will there then not be the press conference today at 10.50am as previously written?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biri (Post 1403951)
Lannoy

Oh good heavens...I didn't suppose her father is so old!

I thought the same thing Biri. And the 18-year age difference between her and her eldest sibling! Her brother Jehan is closer in age to her fiance's parents :eek:

EIIR 04-26-2012 05:40 AM

Congrats to them, seems to be a good match. It amazes me how quiet this whole thing was kept. Were there any pictures of them together at all?

Biri 04-26-2012 05:42 AM

She was probably "unplanned"; Isabelle (second youngest) is eight years older than she, her mamma was already 43 while having her...and this big age difference between her parents (21 years).

In fact her father is only 19 months younger than her future grandfather-in-law.

Charlotte_Aster 04-26-2012 05:46 AM

Ok, the most important question: When's the wedding? :)

auntie 04-26-2012 05:46 AM

It seems he is the only heir to marry from just the right lineage, if his parents weren't a love story themselves I would think it was a tad arranged...;)On another note, congrats to the couple, has anyone seen a ring?

MetalLaLa 04-26-2012 05:47 AM

Beautiful photos of the happy couple! Guillaume looks so handsome and youthful, and I hope they have a long and happy marriage like his parents. When will we find out the wedding date? Apologies if this has been announced already in the press conference as I havent seen it :)

Biri 04-26-2012 05:49 AM

What studies Stephanie has finished? Where does she work? Anyone knows?

salma 04-26-2012 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biri (Post 1403970)
What studies Stephanie has finished? Where does she work? Anyone knows?

She studied German language and she speaks French, Russian and German.

agami.pearl 04-26-2012 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by American Dane (Post 1403961)
So will there then not be the press conference today at 10.50am as previously written?

There was conference with PM, he said that more information will be given tomorrow at 11.30 am.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster (Post 1403967)
Ok, the most important question: When's the wedding? :)

We don't know but probably this year, I think that court must find suitable date and has time to prepare the affair.

Congratulations to the couple :flowers:. Guillaumne looks so happy at the photos as well Stephanie. Can't wait for press meeting with them and seeing the ring.

Marika86 04-26-2012 06:02 AM

Happy news! Congratulations to the couple and their families :flowers:

Tilia C. 04-26-2012 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntie (Post 1403968)
It seems he is the only heir to marry from just the right lineage, if his parents weren't a love story themselves I would think it was a tad arranged...;)On another note, congrats to the couple, has anyone seen a ring?

Maybe arranged in the sense that both their parents made sure that the kids got to know as many other young nobles as possible. Many noble families still do. If they spent a lot of time with other young aristocrats, there's a good chance (but no guarantee) for real love matches to develop.
It seems to have worked for these two. At least they look blissfully in love on the engagement pics.

maria-olivia 04-26-2012 06:03 AM

The Family of the Count de Lannoy belong to Belgium’s highest Nobility. I am very happy that the future Grand Duchess will be a Belgian such as the late Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte who should be very happy with this engagement.

stephanievl 04-26-2012 06:07 AM

Stephanie started her school career in the Dutch speaking school “Sancta Maria” in Ronse Belgium). After that she studied a wile in France at the College Saint-Odile. She ended school in 2002 in the Dutch speaking school “gelovige Maagd” in Brussels (Belgium).After this she went to Russia, Moscow for a year language courses and to study the Russian literature.

She studied German filologie in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium) and has a master from the university of Berlin. In Berlin She did her internship at the Belgian embassy in Berlin. Since her return in Belgium she works at an investment firm.

She did volunteer work for several oranisation. Besides form French, Dutch and German she is fluent in Russian. She studies violin and piano and likes classical music. Since a teenager she is very much interested in literature and with her knowledge of foreign languages she read literature in the original language.

American Dane 04-26-2012 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntie (Post 1403968)

In one of the engagement photos you can see Stephanie's left hand which has no rings on it but Guillaume is covering her right hand. So I don't know if there is a ring yet, unless in Luxembourg or Belgium they wear it on their right hands and Guillaume is covering her hand for this reason ;)

Princess Luna 04-26-2012 06:15 AM

This is great news, can`t wait to she the ring:smile:

agami.pearl 04-26-2012 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by American Dane (Post 1403983)
In one of the engagement photos you can see Stephanie's left hand which has no rings on it but Guillaume is covering her right hand. So I don't know if there is a ring yet, unless in Luxembourg or Belgium they wear it on their right hands and Guillaume is covering her hand for this reason ;)

I think we will see ring tomorrow. She 's not wearing any at these pictures.

stephanievl 04-26-2012 06:30 AM

According to the media, tomorrow at 11.30 uur there is a big reception in the palace with people form the political social and religious world. At 4PM there is a photoshoot in the castle.

IloveCP 04-26-2012 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanievl (Post 1403981)
Stephanie started her school career in the Dutch speaking school “Sancta Maria” in Ronse Belgium). After that she studied a wile in France at the College Saint-Odile. She ended school in 2002 in the Dutch speaking school “gelovige Maagd” in Brussels (Belgium).After this she went to Russia, Moscow for a year language courses and to study the Russian literature.

She studied German filologie in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium) and has a master from the university of Berlin. In Berlin She did her internship at the Belgian embassy in Berlin. Since her return in Belgium she works at an investment firm.
She did volunteer work for several oranisation. Besides form French, Dutch and German she is fluent in Russian. She studies violin and piano and likes classical music. Since a teenager she is very much interested in literature and with her knowledge of foreign languages she read literature in the original language.

Thanks for all the information! Based on this, she appears to not speak Luxembourgish. At least she speaks French and German!

Tilia C. 04-26-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanievl (Post 1403981)

Impressive. I think she would know English as well, since it is the most important language in international communication. Ususally noble families deem it important to speek English. Do Belgium schools emphazise the studies of English?

agami.pearl 04-26-2012 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanievl (Post 1403997)
According to the media, tomorrow at 11.30 uur there is a big reception in the palace with people form the political social and religious world. At 4PM there is a photoshoot in the castle.

Today or tomorrow?

EDIT: I found it, tomorrow.

Marengo 04-26-2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IloveCP (Post 1403998)
Thanks for all the information! Based on this, she appears to not speak Luxembourgish. At least she speaks French and German!

I would assume that she will be able to learn it rather quickly, esp. since she is supposed to be fluent in german (which is quite simular).

principessa 04-26-2012 07:02 AM

The announcement of the grand-ducal court.

Fiançailles de S.A.R. le Grand-Duc Héritier - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Avril 2012

fa-fa 04-26-2012 07:05 AM

principessa 04-26-2012 07:13 AM

A report on Hola:

Guillermo de Luxemburgo anuncia su compromiso con la condesa Stéphanie de Lannoy

stephanievl 04-26-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilia C. (Post 1403999)
Impressive. I think she would know English as well, since it is the most important language in international communication. Ususally noble families deem it important to speek English. Do Belgium schools emphazise the studies of English?

Yes she is speaking English, in Belgium we start with English courses when we are 10 (dutch speaking schools)

Tilia C. 04-26-2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanievl (Post 1404012)
Yes she is speaking English, in Belgium we start with English courses when we are 10 (dutch speaking schools)

Thank you for your confirmation.
With her background she won't have trouble learning Luxembourgish. With her strong interest in languages, I guess that she already has started to study it.

stephanievl 04-26-2012 07:26 AM

The engagment is now also on the website of the court
Fiançailles de S.A.R. le Grand-Duc Héritier

dbarn67 04-26-2012 07:34 AM

Congratulations to the couple.

rominet09 04-26-2012 07:35 AM

I am delighted... another great wedding to look forward to !

MagMil 04-26-2012 07:40 AM

Congratulations!!! It's great news :heartflower:

maria-olivia 04-26-2012 07:52 AM

I wonder if his wedding will be before the two Habsbourg’s (his cousins) weddings ?

suztav 04-26-2012 07:56 AM

Congratulations! Another royal wedding to look forward to!

Biri 04-26-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1404028)
I wonder if his wedding will be before the two Habsbourg’s (his cousins) weddings ?

I don't think so; they got engaged earlier and his wedding will probably be more lavish, (providing that he is a heir to the existing throne and their Royal House doesn't reign anymore) and will require more preparations.

I really hope that Grand Duke Jean will be in good health to see all three boys going down the aisle!:flowers:

Marijke 04-26-2012 08:21 AM

What A great News! I'm very happy with that!

CONGRATULATIONS!

sugarbaby318 04-26-2012 08:24 AM

Congrats to Guillaume and Stephanie! Looking forward to the wedding!

Marengo 04-26-2012 08:26 AM

The Lannoy family is well connected and most names in the genealogy are well known (with the odd expat here and there). Stephanie's first cousin Chrisine de Lannoy married a son of Helene of France (Count Bruno van Limburg-Stirum). A 2nd cousin Bss Agnes du Parc-Locmaria (daughter of Therese de Lannoy) was a witness for princess Mathilde. And for the rest a lot of familiar families like the Oultremonts, Ligne's, Marnix de St-Aldegonde, van der Straten, Villenfagne de Vogelsanck (like Archduchess Marie Helene), Ursels, Meeus, Liederkerke, Spoelberghs etc. The usual suspects, we are just missing the Merodes but I am sure they will be closely related to them too. A 1st cousin has married a Dutch Baron Hövell tot Westerflier, whose cousin Floris married Emily Bremers, former girlfriend of the Prince of Orange.

Lannoy

Romanov Princess 04-26-2012 08:29 AM

They make such cute couple, all the best to them. She will make a beautiful grand duchess one day!

dbarn67 04-26-2012 08:36 AM

Congratulations to the couple and their families. Any pictures of the ring yet?

Grandduchess24 04-26-2012 08:39 AM

Congratulations to guillaume and Stephanie on their engagement.
Next, a Luxembourg royal wedding !
:: Luxembourg flags::

An Ard Ri 04-26-2012 08:40 AM

Congratulations to the happy couple!

Josefine 04-26-2012 08:44 AM

maybe her first royal gathering will be in sweden in may for the christning of Estelle

Biri 04-26-2012 08:54 AM

And Princess Maria-Annunziata, Princess Marie-Astrid and Prince Josef-Emmanuel of Liechtenstein will have been probably dancing on four wedding parties this year!

Of their cousins:
Rudolf (recently)
Imre
Christoph
and Guillaume!

MRSJ 04-26-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elektra (Post 1403887)
Congratulations !:flowers: Another royal wedding on the way ! :luxflag:

How exciting! I was just hoping for this news the other day so glad to hear it...Congrats to the couple!

Lostriver 04-26-2012 09:07 AM

Congratulations to the couple and their families!!

4Pam 04-26-2012 09:32 AM

Yay, Congratulations!!! They are an adorable couple!

Lady Felicity M 04-26-2012 10:01 AM

Can't wait to see Felix, the new couple, Louis and tessy, Alexandra and Sebastian together for a photo with the grand ducal couple

dazzling 04-26-2012 10:22 AM

Will she get a title of Princess after the wedding or stay a countess?

Noor Mariam 04-26-2012 10:36 AM

Omg.... I feel so happy. They are really a lovely couple !! Congratulations !!!!!!! Can't wait to the wedding day :smile:

Artemisia 04-26-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1404100)
Will she get a title of Princess after the wedding or stay a countess?

As with all royal wives, Stephanie will assume all of her husband's titles and styles; while she will retain her birth style and title of a countess, the style and title of a Royal Highness and Princess of Luxembourg outranks them. It is customary to use the highest available title, so Stephanie will be known as Her Royal Highness The Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.

When Duchess Sophie in Bavaria married Alois, Hereditary Prince of Liechtenstein, she retained her title by birth (of a Duchess) but since her title by marriage (Hereditary Princess of Liechtenstein) ranks higher, she is styled and titles as Her Royal Highness The Hereditary Princess of Liechtenstein, Countess of Rietberg.

Kruununprinsessa 04-26-2012 11:02 AM

This is fantastic! After the "year o' the royal wedding" last year, 2012 needs a little sparkly wedding-type flair. I've been having withdrawals.

They are a very cute couple. Can't wait to see more of them together. :)

Al_bina 04-26-2012 11:03 AM

Congratulations to the couple! I am looking forward to seeing European royals attending the wedding.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1404041)
The Lannoy family is well connected and most names in the genealogy are well known (with the odd expat here and there). Stephanie's first cousin Chrisine de Lannoy married a son of Helene of France (Count Bruno van Limburg-Stirum). ...

It would be fair to say that Grand Duke Guillaume's paternal grandmother would have approved of his fiancée.

Patra 04-26-2012 11:05 AM

Congratulations to Guillame & countess Stephanie- I wish them every happiness!

Bones 04-26-2012 11:10 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!
All the best to the happy couple. I'm sure there are hearts breaking all over the world today. ;)

:luxstandard: :luxflag: :luxflag: :luxflag: :twohearts:

Breffney 04-26-2012 11:32 AM

Such lovely news. ! They are a gorgeous couple. I wish them both every happiness and I cannot wait for the wedding. !!! :flowers::flowers:

jonc93 04-26-2012 11:40 AM

Congratulations to the couple, I wonder if they will have a quick engagement or a rather long one.

Artemisia 04-26-2012 11:42 AM

I am really happy for this couple; they appear to be genuinely in love and comfortable together.
Plus, much as I like royal-commoner unions, it's nice to see a royal-noble union for once. :smile:

Fürstin Taxis 04-26-2012 12:28 PM

Don´t stone me now, but I find her unpleasent. Well, congrats Guillaume :)

Artemisia 04-26-2012 12:41 PM

Why would you be stoned, Fürstin Taxis? For expressing your opinion? That's one thing all of us have right to. :smile:
It would be a really boring place if we all thought the same. Personally I find Stephanie quite endearing but that's my subjective opinion.

CrownPrincess5 04-26-2012 12:46 PM

I'm really shocked! I didn't even realize he was dating! Well I guess he's very private. I wish him happiness.

Princess Robijn 04-26-2012 12:57 PM

Tomorrow at 15:30 the presentation of Countess Stéphanie to te press will take place in the presence of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume, Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, other members of the Grand Ducal family, and members of the family of Countess Stéphanie.

Tomorrow morning, at, 11:30 the Hereditary Grand Duke, along with his parents, the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess, will present the Countess to members of the government. Afterwards the families of the bride- and groom-to-be will have a private lunch.

Fiançailles de S.A.R. le Grand-Duc Héritier - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Avril 2012

elladora 04-26-2012 12:57 PM

Just heard the news! Congrats

agami.pearl 04-26-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 (Post 1404181)
I'm really shocked! I didn't even realize he was dating! Well I guess he's very private. I wish him happiness.

He is, like rest of his family. Also press in Luxembourg is not very interesting in private life of their princely family, only tabloids are searching for some 'scandals'.

Artemisia 04-26-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Robijn (Post 1404186)
Tomorrow at 15:30 the presentation of Countess Stéphanie to te press will take place in the presence of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume, Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, other members of the Grand Ducal family, and members of the family of Countess Stéphanie.

Tomorrow morning, at, 11:30 the Hereditary Grand Duke, along with his parents, the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess, will present the Countess to members of the government. Afterwards the families of the bride- and groom-to-be will have a private lunch.

Thanks for the information! :smile:
waiting forward to seeing Stephanie and her family with the Grand Ducal Family.

carlota 04-26-2012 01:23 PM

this is fantastic news! i wish the very best to the couple.

i wonder if there will be an interview with them?

i can't wait to find out more about the wedding. we are surely spoilt for weddings in the latest years...

Archduchess Zelia 04-26-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones (Post 1404135)
I'm sure there are hearts breaking all over the world today. ;)

Indeed there are :sad:

Madame Royale 04-26-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis (Post 1404173)
Don´t stone me now, but I find her unpleasent. Well, congrats Guillaume :)

She may be particularly charming; that's something which will come to light in the years to come. Lets hope she has a similar disposition to that of the Duchess of Brabant. Well bred and graceful in manner.

But to gaze upon, I confess that I too don't find her beautiful, nor pretty. But I now look forward to familiarising myself with the future Grand Duchess over the years to come and hope she and her soon to be husband have a very happy and long life together.

countess felicitas 04-26-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 (Post 1404181)

I remember there have been some rumours last year already - but it was always a bit silent around his dating activities. AND- I remember that most people said they bet he will marry somebody from a noble family.
So congratulations - may your love last.

QUEENECE29 04-26-2012 03:36 PM

Congratulation to Guillaume & Stephanie