The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 4: March 2012 - November 2012 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/the-duchess-of-cornwalls-fashion-and-style-part-4-march-2012-november-2012-a-32834.html)

Noble Consort Ming 06-15-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemisia (Post 1430912)
It does remind old school uniforms; I remember seeing pictures of my mother in one.

- Soviet school uniform
- Three versions of uniform (for boys, girls and pioneer girls)

Ours were blue with round white collars. They weren't uniforms in the same was as the Russian ones. We wore them over our regular clothes to keep them clean. I still can't find color pictures!

cdngirl 06-15-2012 05:54 PM

I'm going to jump into this conversation, if I may. I am in my thirties, and believe me I'm totally sympatize with the Duchess if in fact she is experiencing some of what I am.

Having a large upper body(so to speak) is NOT easy. Finding the right bra is HELL. Even when you do find something that is all right, your clothes still does not hang right on your body. I have to try on sometimes more than ten before I find one. It is frustrating!

At various times in my life I have seriously considered a breast reduction.

Having said that, I do like some of the clothes she wears, I think it's due to the cut of the dress or jacket. She also looks great in pant suits or trouser suits as the British i think call them.

(I apolgize to the men on the board lol)

Artemisia 06-15-2012 05:58 PM

:previous:
Very well put, cdngirl! :flowers:
I can empathise with Camilla's "problem" as well; it's real hell sometimes, especially if you happen to be a sporty and athletic person.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noble Consort Ming (Post 1430919)
Ours were blue with round white collars. They weren't uniforms in the same was as the Russian ones. We wore them over our regular clothes to keep them clean. I still can't find color pictures!

Couldn't find coloured pictures as well, but here is a black and white one; it does look a lot like Camilla's dress.
As they say, everything new is well forgotten old. :smile:

scooter 06-15-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemisia (Post 1430927)
I can empathise with Camilla's "problem" as well; it's real hell sometimes, especially if you happen to be a sporty and athletic person.
:smile:

As do I. I have often longed to have a breast reduction/lift, particularly when riding, golfing, etc. My solution, which I suggest to all to try is I wear the tightest underwire, full coverage sports bra available. When I was pregnant I even wore one to sleep. I would suggest it to Camilla as well (obviously not the pregnant part). Otherwise we will all have the 'top' around the 'middle' in short order if you know what I mean.

Daria_S 06-15-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemisia (Post 1430912)
It does remind old school uniforms; I remember seeing pictures of my mother in one.

- Soviet school uniform
- Three versions of uniform (for boys, girls and pioneer girls)

Oh, the horrors :eek:! Brought back memories of my primary school days back in USSR. Looking at these pictures now, I realize how absolutely ugly these things were. As for Camila's dress, not liking this light version either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdngirl (Post 1430924)
I'm going to jump into this conversation, if I may. I am in my thirties, and believe me I'm totally sympatize with the Duchess if in fact she is experiencing some of what I am.

Having a large upper body(so to speak) is NOT easy. Finding the right bra is HELL. Even when you do find something that is all right, your clothes still does not hang right on your body. I have to try on sometimes more than ten before I find one. It is frustrating!

At various times in my life I have seriously considered a breast reduction.

Having said that, I do like some of the clothes she wears, I think it's due to the cut of the dress or jacket. She also looks great in pant suits or trouser suits as the British i think call them.

(I apolgize to the men on the board lol)

You have just described my upper body situation. It's indeed h*** when it comes to shopping for clothing (shirts/blouses/sweaters more than anything else), and finding the right undergarment is a nightmare (I did find one that brand that works, but it costs a fortune and a half, but when you come to a point where there's no other way, money becomes a non-issue, though it is very frustrating :bang:). I think Camila dresses well, and like the rest of us, has days where she wears something that doesn't look too flattering (we've all been there). However, more often than not, I find that I like what she has chosen. It's not easy to find something off the rack when you're top-heavy.

Nico 06-16-2012 08:13 AM

Recycling the Jubilee concert outfit today :

https://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...GIct7/x610.jpg

Working well with the hat of another outfit.

Artemisia 06-16-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 1431163)
Recycling the Jubilee concert outfit today :

https://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...GIct7/x610.jpg

Working well with the hat of another outfit.

I wonder whether Kate and Camilla decided to colour-coordinate their looks, or it was a mere accident.
I like the colour of the suit, but the design leaves me cold. Glad to see the re-appearance of that choker though; it's been a while since she wore it.

Frelinghighness 06-17-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemisia (Post 1430927)

Couldn't find coloured pictures as well, but here is a black and white one; it does look a lot like Camilla's dress.
As they say, everything new is well forgotten old. :smile:

Thank you for sharing your interesting school uniform memories and images. Putting what we would call a Peter Pan collar onto a navy shirt:eek:no wonder the image of Camilla in a longer version of the same startles me

Artemisia 06-18-2012 11:40 AM

For today's Order of the Garter ceremony, the Duchess of Cornwall chose a cream dress with light pink long jacket, lovely pink hat and nude heels.
She looks wonderful!

- Complete outfit 1
- Complete outfit 2 (where you can properly see the colour of the jacket)

Oh, and I absolutely adore her pink topaz choker - my favourite from her (impressive) collection.

muriel 06-18-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemisia (Post 1432108)
The Duchess of Cornwall in cream outfit at today's Order of the Garter ceremony.
- Complete outfit

This is a lovely outfit from a few years ago, when it made its debut at Ascot, and Camilla used it once again for the Trooping in a subsequent year. I am glad to see it today.

4Pam 06-18-2012 12:59 PM

Camilla looks very regal. I wonder if she's wearing a shorter version of Kate's LK Bennet heels? Those heels must be really comfortable if most of the royal ladies are wearing them.

MichelleQ2 06-18-2012 01:04 PM

I read that Camilla is wearing a Russell & Bromley version of the nude heels, but I can attest that the LK Bennett shoes are very comfortable - surprisingly so. the first time I tired them on in the store they felt amazing. They are a great go to in my wardrobe. Glad we are back in the spring/summer months so they get worn again.

Artemisia 06-18-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 (Post 1432172)
I read that Camilla is wearing a Russell & Bromley version of the nude heels, but I can attest that the LK Bennett shoes are very comfortable - surprisingly so. the first time I tired them on in the store they felt amazing. They are a great go to in my wardrobe. Glad we are back in the spring/summer months so they get worn again.

Thanks for identifying Camilla's shoes.

I agree about LK Bennett pair. As far as shoes are concerned, I always go for really good quality ones - and that usually means pretty expensive pairs (although you do get good wear out of them). The LK Bennett shoes are some of my favourites because they are both reasonably affordable (certainly more so than other pairs I own) and quite stylish. I actually own two pairs of the nude courts because they are both versatile (they go with virtually everything) and very comfortable, especially considering they have pretty high heels - and unfortunately I have to wear high heels because I'm under 5"5'.

Daria_S 06-18-2012 01:49 PM

I love the light pink color of Camila's coat. She looks absolutely stunning. The hat is delightful, and the pink topaz chocker is to die for.

MissJanet 06-18-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemisia (Post 1432108)
For today's Order of the Garter ceremony, the Duchess of Cornwall chose a cream dress with light pink long jacket, lovely pink hat and nude heels.
She looks wonderful!

- Complete outfit 1
- Complete outfit 2 (where you can properly see the colour of the jacket)

Oh, and I absolutely adore her pink topaz choker - my favourite from her (impressive) collection.

I totally agree, this is wonderful. I like the clothes Sopie and Catherine wear, too, but Camilla is my favorite.

Nico 06-18-2012 04:28 PM

It's indeed a repeat but a pretty nice one !
As Someone stated before it's obvious that the three ladies have coordinated their colors, saying a lot about their relationship inside the "Firm".

cdngirl 06-18-2012 04:46 PM

I repeat all three look amazing, and that is really a lovely picture of them. BTW Sophie's shoes is kicking it. Love it !

IloveCP 06-18-2012 05:05 PM

That white outfit is wonderful! The pink choker is amazing!

Lumutqueen 06-18-2012 06:09 PM

Camilla must have 5 of these chokers with different stones ! They're beautiful :-)

cdngirl 06-18-2012 06:11 PM

Is there a close up of that choker, I want to really see what you all are talking about.