The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 4: March 2012 - November 2012 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/the-duchess-of-cornwalls-fashion-and-style-part-4-march-2012-november-2012-a-32834.html)

iceflower 03-28-2012 02:50 AM

The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 4: March 2012 - November 2012

Welcome to Part 4 of the thread for the Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** Duchess of Cornwall Fashion and Style Part 3: May 2011 - March 2012 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Nico 03-30-2012 08:51 AM

Looking very good today at Windsor :

https://www.zimbio.com/pictures/mSOys...en/bBDuRWsraPu

Odly this Bruce Oldfield coat works better with a hat.

Baroness of Books 03-30-2012 09:28 AM

I thought I had double vision when I saw Camilla's hat. I don't think I care for the discus-like protrusion from the hat and it's just too busy against that repeat of the coat she wore before. Just too many stripes!

EIIR 03-30-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baroness of Books (Post 1394534)
I thought I had double vision when I saw Camilla's hat. I don't think I care for the discus-like protrusion from the hat and it's just too busy against that repeat of the coat she wore before. Just too many stripes!

I think the discus-like protrusion is actually Sophie's hat! I had the exact same thought when I 1st saw that picture!

No protrusion here:

https://www.zimbio.com/pictures/mSOys...en/7qHL4ReH8aP

Baroness of Books 03-30-2012 09:46 AM

Thank you! I went back and looked more carefully and saw Sophie behind her. That flying saucer sure gets around! Your picture shows a better look for Camilla and I like her hat better, but still dislike the striped coat.

EIIR 03-30-2012 09:51 AM

I don't think Camilla would want to claim that one!

I don't mind this navy coat dress. I like the shape of it, and I've always had a soft spot for the colour navy. If there was another stripe I would agree that it's too much, but it works for me.

Baroness of Books 03-30-2012 09:59 AM

Right, Camilla's taste in hats runs more toward the old-fashioned type with frills and furbelows rather than the modern architectural look, if I'm not mistaken.

Artemisia 03-30-2012 10:28 AM

Love the combination of the hat and the dress; very coordinated.
I am somewhat tired of this particular dress though; Camilla has worn it quite a lot lately.

dbarn67 03-30-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemisia (Post 1394562)
I am somewhat tired of this particular dress though; Camilla has worn it quite a lot lately.

I agree, she's worn this dress or dresses very similar alot in recent appearance. She look nice, which is she wears it alot, she needs to switch it up in color at least.

IloveCP 03-30-2012 02:09 PM

Hate the black and white outfit!

Daria_S 03-30-2012 02:11 PM

The stripes on the coat ruin it for me. I don't have an issue with the hat though.

NGalitzine 03-30-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IloveCP (Post 1394669)
Hate the black and white outfit!

Its navy blue & white.

KittyAtlanta 03-30-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Agreed. The hat makes the dress an ensemble, rather than just a bi-color dress. She looks great!

muriel 04-02-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

If I recollect correctly, the navy blue and white Bruce Oldfield coat / coat dress has only been worn twice, once at F&M and then again at Windsor.

Artemisia 04-02-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 1395815)
If I recollect correctly, the navy blue and white Bruce Oldfield coat / coat dress has only been worn twice, once at F&M and then again at Windsor.

The dress has been worn fair few times.
- The first time (that I know of) was back in 2008 in France, for a private banquet with the Nicola Sarkozy and Carla Bruni.
- It's next appearance was in 2009, when Camilla, along with other members of the Royal Family, unveiled a statue of Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother.
- On September 7, 2011 Camilla wore the dress for the opening of the Wool Modern exhibition to mark Wool Week 2011, accompanied by Prince Charles.
- The dress re-appeared shortly afterwards, at the War Horse: Fact and Fiction exhibition at the National Army Museum on October 19, 2011.
- Camilla wore it again for a visit to The Prince's Foundation For Children And the Arts with Prince Charles and Kate on March 15, 2012.
- And of course, during the Scandinavia visit: during a visit to the British International Primary School in Sweden, and for official lunch with the Swedish Royal Family.

I've been doing a bit of research on Camilla lately; might have missed a couple of appearances because I'd been researching her jewellery, not outfits. :smile:

Nico 04-02-2012 06:34 PM

Mmmm i'm sorry to say that but it seems there's a confusion btw TWO outfits :

-The navy dress, worn almost every weeks by Camilla :
https://www.zimbio.com/pictures/ohMMd...en/Nf0ERCHEz_i

-And the navy coat dress by Bruce Oldfield, indeed worn only once before Windsor (and better with the hat IMO).
https://www.zimbio.com/pictures/YrQJR...+2/09ieqe7HWyH

Artemisia 04-02-2012 06:52 PM

:previous:
My fault, thanks for clarifying, Nico! :flowers:
I viewed the older pictures of Camilla in a navy dress (hence my subsequent post), while completely forgetting she wore the navy coat with stripes for that outing.

muriel 04-03-2012 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 1395949)
Mmmm i'm sorry to say that but it seems there's a confusion btw TWO outfits :

-The navy dress, worn almost every weeks by Camilla :
The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Sweden - Day Two - Pictures - Zimbio

-And the navy coat dress by Bruce Oldfield, indeed worn only once before Windsor (and better with the hat IMO).
Kate Middleton, the Queen Visit Fortnum & Mason 2 - Pictures - Zimbio

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemisia (Post 1395955)
My fault, thanks for clarifying, Nico! :flowers:
I viewed the older pictures of Camilla in a navy dress (hence my subsequent post), while completely forgetting she wore the navy coat with stripes for that outing.

Oh well, Camilla has always been a fan of blue, and has a few blue and white outfits.

Baroness of Books 04-03-2012 12:27 PM

I like to see Camilla in navy blue and white, although I thought the multi-striped coat was a bit OTT for me. It did look better paired with her marvelous hat for the memorial service, though.

TLLK 04-03-2012 08:34 PM

I typically like what she wears, but I'd love to see her with some better foundation wear. ;)

Grandma828 04-03-2012 11:20 PM

I feel like Camilla could use the services of a seamstress that understands fitting and the use of darts, etc. As a long time seamstress I cringe everytime I see ill fitted clothing.

Tyger 04-03-2012 11:48 PM

:previous: She needs to throw back those shoulders, too. Pilates would help. :tongue: (But its all in the bra! ;) )

muriel 04-04-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower

Whilst in Liverpool today, Camilla reused the coat first seen in Sweden recently.

MARG 04-04-2012 07:22 PM

The same coat earlier with a dark scarf against the cold:

The Duchess of Cornwall visit Reynolds Park in Liverpool | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Looking a little more windswept:

Camilla Out for the 50th Anniversary of the Beatles Plaque Unveiling - Pictures - Zimbio

I can't quite make out which choker she is wearing . . . anyone else spot it?

iceflower 04-05-2012 02:37 AM

As this is a fashion and not a jewellery thread, a couple of posts have been moved to the following thread:

** Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 7: September 2011- **. Please continue the discussion there!

NoorMeansLight 04-06-2012 08:44 AM

I like the coat but the brown boots don't match the outfit at all, I'm afraid.

Baroness of Books 04-06-2012 10:49 AM

Agreed, gray or black would have looked better.

Artemisia 04-18-2012 08:12 PM

For a visit to Aberdeen today, the Duchess of Cornwall wore a lovely tartan suit.
- The outfit
- Close up

Just as for the official visit to Sweden, the Duchess is wearing the noblest of Royal Tartans - the Balmoral Tartan.
The Balmoral Tartan was designed by Prince Albert, The Prince Consort back in 1850's. The overall grey look with over-checks of red and black was meant to achieve the appearance of rough granite. The Balmoral Tartan can be worn by the Queen and other members of the Royal Family - but only with the Queen's permission.

Pictures originally posted by iceflower in the Duchess of Cornwall Patronages thread.

Baroness of Books 04-18-2012 08:17 PM

That is a very nice tartan on her; I like the blend of colors.

Daria_S 04-18-2012 11:19 PM

I really like this particular tartan on Camila. The blend of colors are complimentary and suit her very well.

blujean 04-21-2012 11:20 PM

Her suit is really nice. Love the tartan print

NoorMeansLight 04-22-2012 09:42 AM

The tartan suit looks good on Camilla.

Patra 04-22-2012 10:47 AM

Thanks for posting the history of the Balmoral tartan and fashion, I did bot know Prince Albert was responsible for designing it!

iceflower 05-02-2012 04:20 AM

The Duchess of Cornwall at "The London Library Life in Literature Award 2012" in London, May 1st, looking good
and elegant in black/dark blue:

** Full view with a jacket ** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

Duchessmary 05-02-2012 11:02 AM

Looks good on her!

Artemisia 05-02-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1406771)

The Duchess of Cornwall at "The London Library Life in Literature Award 2012" in London, May 1st, looking good and elegant in black/dark blue:
** Full view with a jacket ** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

Camilla looks lovely.
The top and the skirt do appear to be a bit mismatched colour wise, but the overall look is quite pleasant. The choker is beautiful.

As Honorary Air Commodore, RAF Halton, the Duchess of Cornwall received the Freedom of Thame on behalf of RAF Halton today, May 2nd, 2012.
Camilla wore a lovely blue coat combining it with matching hat and a scarf, as well as her regiment's wings (the pin).
Love the hat; it's quite quirky and not at all like the usual hats Camilla wears.

- Overall look
- Side view
- Close up
- The hat

Pictures originally posted by iceflower in current events thread.

cepe 05-02-2012 12:48 PM

Really like the outfit, especially the hat; and its Airforce Blue - fantastic!

Baroness of Books 05-02-2012 01:54 PM

A beanie fascinator, it does look good on her though I have somewhat mixed feelings about it. But I love the blue outfit and the scarf.

Danish girl 05-02-2012 03:40 PM

I really like the black outfit except the bottom of the skirt.

I like the blue outfit too. Especially the crazy hat. However the scarf just looks misplaced.

Daria_S 05-02-2012 04:52 PM

I like the black and the blue outfit on Camila. The grey-blue coat is lovely, and the hat is...interesting. The light scarf gives very nice contrast too. It stands out, and gives the look some pizzaz.

MARG 05-02-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemisia (Post 1406851)
As Honorary Air Commodore, RAF Halton, the Duchess of Cornwall received the Freedom of Theme on behalf of RAF Halton today, May 2nd, 2012.
Camilla wore a lovely blue coat combining it with matching hat and a scarf, as well as her regiment's wings (the pin).
Love the hat; it's quite quirky and not at all like the usual hats Camilla wears.

- Overall look
- Side view
- Close up
- The hat

Pictures originally posted by iceflower in current events thread.

I think she looks fabulous in Air force Blues. I say blues because the uniform has several shades and Camilla has used them in the coat scarf and especially that magnificent hat!

It never ceases to amaze me the way she uses scarves and this scarf is very interesting with its almost floral theme juxtaposed with the geometric blue and white. In this case I love that she is all woman and leaves space at the neck to showcase her newest diamond and pearl choker offset, of course, by her favourite pearl earrings all highlighted brilliantly in the close-up of The Hat.

ada 05-02-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemisia (Post 1395928)
The dress has been worn fair few times.
- The first time (that I know of) was back in 2008 in France, for a private banquet with the Nicola Sarkozy and Carla Bruni.
- It's next appearance was in 2009, when Camilla, along with other members of the Royal Family, unveiled a statue of Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother.
- On September 7, 2011 Camilla wore the dress for the opening of the Wool Modern exhibition to mark Wool Week 2011, accompanied by Prince Charles.
- The dress re-appeared shortly afterwards, at the War Horse: Fact and Fiction exhibition at the National Army Museum on October 19, 2011.
- Camilla wore it again for a visit to The Prince's Foundation For Children And the Arts with Prince Charles and Kate on March 15, 2012.
- And of course, during the Scandinavia visit: during a visit to the British International Primary School in Sweden, and for official lunch with the Swedish Royal Family.

I've been doing a bit of research on Camilla lately; might have missed a couple of appearances because I'd been researching her jewellery, not outfits. :smile:

ROYAL RECYCLING - Like

muriel 05-03-2012 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 1406987)
I think she looks fabulous in Air force Blues. I say blues because the uniform has several shades and Camilla has used them in the coat scarf and especially that magnificent hat!

It never ceases to amaze me the way she uses scarves and this scarf is very interesting with its almost floral theme juxtaposed with the geometric blue and white. In this case I love that she is all woman and leaves space at the neck to showcase her newest diamond and pearl choker offset, of course, by her favourite pearl earrings all highlighted brilliantly in the close-up of The Hat.

Fuly agree with you. All of these bits have been used previously, and I love the way Camilla is not afraid to mix and match, depending on the occassion.

Artemisia 05-08-2012 01:32 PM

The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay are currently in Scotland.
Today, Camilla attended a service at the Rosslyn Chapel wearing one of her favourite coats; the tartan of the coat is the Balmoral Tartan.

- The whole look
- Close up 1
- Close up 2

Daria_S 05-08-2012 03:22 PM

The only thing I dislike is the tartan on the flops of the pockets. Otherwise, she looks nice. The cut of the coat is very flattering on her.

muriel 05-09-2012 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daria_S (Post 1409082)
The only thing I dislike is the tartan on the flops of the pockets. Otherwise, she looks nice. The cut of the coat is very flattering on her.

I think the coat looks lovely. The maroon top with the ensemble, though not visible in the pictures but seen in Sweden, is really not to my taste.

Artemisia 05-09-2012 01:44 PM

The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay today took a royal salute from Armed Forces and Royal British Legion members.
Camilla wore a lovely pink coat with tartan motives, and a gorgeous red beret. I really liked the whole ensemble; Camilla looks very nice. :smile:
- The whole look
- Close up

MichelleQ2 05-09-2012 02:11 PM

I think if this picture was in B&W I would be quite enamored with the look- the styling is elegant and flattering. However, I dont care for the fuschia, plaid, maroon color combination. I think the plaid is a little off to tie those colors together - but maybe it is just the way they photograph together.

However Camilla is also the one who mixes brown and black accessories all the time which drives me crazy

Baroness of Books 05-09-2012 02:40 PM

I think if she eliminated the scarf, the outfit would have looked less busy with all the tartan details on the collar, buttons, pockets and cuffs. But I do like the fuschia coat and cranberry beret; close enough in the color wheel to complement each other.

ldmemail 05-09-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baroness of Books
I think if she eliminated the scarf, the outfit would have looked less busy with all the tartan details on the collar, buttons, pockets and cuffs. But I do like the fuschia coat and cranberry beret; close enough in the color wheel to complement each other.

I agree she would look "smarter" without the tartan - but bless her, she deserves credit for trying hard - I'm sure the Scots will have appreciated her efforts.

udyusa 05-09-2012 03:02 PM

I totally agree with you, Baroness. She could also lose the feather in the beret as it just adds to all the confusion going on! Other than that I think she looks quite nice.. :)

Baroness of Books 05-09-2012 03:03 PM

:previous:Absolutely; there's nothing like the recognition factor, but it can be worn in moderation.

EIIR 05-09-2012 03:30 PM

I don't dislike any of the elements here, but I hope Camilla doesn't wear tartan on every engagement in Scotland. It's a nice nod to the locals every so often, but you can only do so much with it. Tartan needs to be rationed to a certain extent.

COUNTESS 05-09-2012 03:50 PM

She can look lovely and she can look jumbled, today she looks jumbled. The hat doesn't go with the coat, black and brown and plaid, yuck!!!

MARG 05-09-2012 07:32 PM

:previous: I have to admit that I don't really like the "little" hats too much. Camilla looks great in something with a brim and I'd like to see her wearing them more often.

Daria_S 05-09-2012 09:17 PM

I really like the coat. The color and style look lovely on her. The feather in the hat is not doing her service (and the hat itself is not to my liking either).

gerry 05-09-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldmemail (Post 1409625)
I agree she would look "smarter" without the tartan - but bless her, she deserves credit for trying hard - I'm sure the Scots will have appreciated her efforts.

I certainly hope the Scots appreciated this (was she actually in Scotland?) and wonder whether she is wearing the Rothesay tartan as we are told ad nauseam that she is Duchess of Rothesay when in Scotland:bang:

Artemisia 05-09-2012 11:06 PM

Camilla is indeed wearing The Duke of Rothesay tartan.
It is predominantly red and green with over-check of white. It can only be worn by the Duke and Duchess of Rothesay, and by their immediate family members with the Duke's permission. The Duke of Rothesay has the same colours as the Royal Stewart Tartan; the styles, however, are quite different.

Artemisia 05-17-2012 10:44 AM

The Duchess attended Queen Katherine Parr Quincentenary Festival today wearing a blue suit.
- Full view
- Close up

Looks lovely, but I think an addition of a brooch would not go amiss.

muriel 05-17-2012 11:04 AM

Camilla looks lovely. The suit has been around for some time, and was used last year at the Royal Windosr Horse Show when HRH and HM appeared together.

Al_bina 05-17-2012 12:02 PM

The jacket is poorly fitted. The pearl choker is the best element of the look.

Daria_S 05-17-2012 10:23 PM

What a lovely shade of blue. The choice of the choker makes the outfit complete. The jacket appears to be a little too big, unless it was made to look like that...:ermm:

Baroness of Books 05-17-2012 10:31 PM

The jacket is boxy and maybe it's the style, but I like this outfit on her. The color is really beautiful and complemented by the pearl choker.

Artemisia 05-18-2012 06:06 PM

The Duchess of Cornwall chose a pale blue gown for today's dinner.
- Full view
- Side view

As Nico pointed out, the dress has previously been worn to a dinner hosted by the Maharaja and Maharani of Patiala during Charles and Camilla's visit to India in 2010.

MagMil 05-18-2012 06:11 PM

The Duchess of Cornwall looks really lovely tonight :flowers:, great dress and color :smile:

Baroness of Books 05-18-2012 06:12 PM

Very beautiful color and style; Camilla looks wonderful.

Daria_S 05-18-2012 10:06 PM

THe light blue dress is simply gorgeous. The color and the style look fabulous on Camila.

PrincessApple 05-19-2012 01:27 AM

A lovely choice!

XeniaCasaraghi 05-19-2012 01:40 AM

Who is that woman next to Camilla in the black + white? I thought it was Kate at first.

PrincessApple 05-19-2012 01:49 AM

:previous: You mean in this picture?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemisia (Post 1414223)

It is Queen Rania, I believe.

NGalitzine 05-19-2012 01:51 AM

You are correct, it is Rania in black & white.

Artemisia 05-21-2012 12:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Duchess of Cornwall wearing a familiar coat for the official arrival to Canada ceremony at CFB Gagetown on May 21, 2012.
I'm not a fan of this coat worn on its own, but combined with the hat it looks very elegant and nice.
- Full outfit
- The hat

Earlier, upon arrival to Canada, Camilla wore a dark blue dress.
Hair notwithstanding, it was a nice look too.
- Close up
- Full outfit

On both occasions, Camilla wore her favourite small diamond choker.
Cropped from a much larger image and constitutes less than 20% of the original.

Daria_S 05-22-2012 12:48 AM

I'm still not liking that blue coat with white stripes. However, the solid navy blue dress-coat is quite nice.

muriel 05-22-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemisia (Post 1414223)
The Duchess of Cornwall chose a pale blue gown for today's dinner.
- Full view
- Side view

As Nico pointed out, the dress has previously been worn to a dinner hosted by the Maharaja and Maharani of Patiala during Charles and Camilla's visit to India in 2010.

Agreed, its lovely dress that works well for Camilla. In addition to the dinner in India, Camilla has also worn the dress for a state banquest at Windsor in recent years.

dbarn67 05-22-2012 12:34 PM

Charles & Camilla visit Ontario

https://i46.tinypic.com/55nxx4.jpg

https://i50.tinypic.com/x4kodg.jpg

Artemisia 05-22-2012 01:16 PM

Camilla looks lovely.
I've always liked that skirt and the forest green jacket is very nice too.
The beret style hat is definitely to my liking; normally, I don't like separate statement feathers, but this green one is gorgeous.

Artemisia 05-22-2012 07:58 PM

During a 1812 Commemorative Military Muster at the Fort York Armoury, Camilla wore a coat that reminds the jacket worn earlier today from dbarn67's post.
- Full outfit
- Top part

Can't say I like this coat; the colour is nice but that's about it. Still loving the hat though.
Incidentally, note that she wears the regiment badge, which I had earlier mistaken for a brooch, on her hat this time.

Daria_S 05-22-2012 08:39 PM

I love today's look that the Duchess chose for today. The green jacket is lovely and it goes nicely with the skirt and the hat.

udyusa 05-22-2012 11:03 PM

I am not fond of the coat or the silly looking hat. The frog closures on the coat are not flattering nor is the neckline, imho. I do like the color but that's about it. The brooch/badge belongs on the outfit Camilla wears, not on a little hat. :tongue:

Artemisia 05-23-2012 02:21 PM

For a visit to Saskatchewan Assembly Legislative Building today, the Duchess of Cornwall wore a lovely blue dress and white coat.
- Front view
- Side view
- Close up

Daria_S 05-23-2012 07:28 PM

The shade of blue is lovely.

Artemisia 05-29-2012 01:42 PM

The Duchess of Cornwall wore a lovely cream dress for today's Garden Party.
She wore the same hat at during her own wedding (civil ceremony) back in 2005.
The dress is also recycled; Camilla has worn it on many occasions, sometimes combined with a coat.

- Complete outfit
- Back view

Baroness of Books 05-29-2012 01:50 PM

Beautiful outfit on Camilla and I love the lace on her hat as well. And that must be Sophie and Edward; I like the looks of her outfit from the back, too.

Thank you for the photos, Artemisia. Would you know who Kate is walking with?

Artemisia 05-29-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baroness of Books (Post 1421674)
Beautiful outfit on Camilla and I love the lace on her hat as well. And that must be Sophie and Edward; I like the looks of her outfit from the back, too.

Thank you for the photos, Artemisia. Would you know who Kate is walking with?

You are welcome. :smile:
I don't think the man next to Sophie is Prince Edward; looks more like the Duke of Kent to me.
The lady next to Kate is probably the Duchess of Gloucester, but we'll need more pictures to confirm that.

Al_bina 05-29-2012 02:06 PM

The white dress was an awful choice for Duchess of Cornwall. The style and milky white colour of the dress emphasised all unflattering points of her figure. The hat, on the other hand, is lovely.

Baroness of Books 05-29-2012 02:17 PM

Actually, that was Princess Anne walking beside Kate and there's the Duke of Gloucester, I believe.

Duchessmary 05-29-2012 03:05 PM

Camilla's dress doesn't do a thing for her. The hat is pretty, though. :eek:

Artemisia 05-29-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baroness of Books (Post 1421691)
Actually, that was Princess Anne walking beside Kate and there's the Duke of Gloucester, I believe.

Thanks! I should have guessed: the duchess of Gloucester wouldn't go anywhere near that outfit. ;)

Daria_S 05-29-2012 11:33 PM

I like Camila's hat that she chose for the garden party. The dress is all right, but nothing special.

iceflower 05-30-2012 03:40 AM

The Duchess of Cornwall at the wedding of her godson Henry Allsopp on May 26, 2012, looking lovely
in the butterfly dress she has worn before:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** November 2011 in South Africa **

Artemisia 05-30-2012 04:59 AM

The Duchess looks lovely.
I like the hat and the dress, although it looked better with the white jacket.

muriel 05-30-2012 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1421972)

The Duchess of Cornwall at the wedding of her godson Henry Allsopp on May 26, 2012, looking lovely
in the butterfly dress she has worn before:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** November 2011 in South Africa **

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemisia (Post 1421670)
The Duchess of Cornwall wore a lovely cream dress for today's Garden Party.
She wore the same hat at during her own wedding (civil ceremony) back in 2005.
The dress is also recycled; Camilla has worn it on many occasions, though usually combined with a matching coat.

- Complete outfit
- Back view

I think Camilla looked lovely at both her recent appearances, the garden party at BP and her godson's wedding. You can always comment on how either of the two looks could have been improved, but I think her greatest accoutrement was her personality - In both sets of pictures, she comes across as somebody comfortable in her skin, and what she is doing.

Artemisia 05-30-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 1422023)
I think Camilla looked lovely at both her recent appearances, the garden party at BP and her godson's wedding. You can always comment on how either of the two looks could have been improved, but I think her greatest accoutrement was her personality - In both sets of pictures, she comes across as somebody comfortable in her skin, and what she is doing.

Couldn't agree more. In most pictures I've seen of her, Camilla appears to have a great personality and sense of humour, someone you'd feel comfortable around.
Then again, this is a fashion forum, so liking or not liking an outfit doesn't mean we are criticising or praising the royal in question - just the outfit of the day. :smile:

iceflower 05-30-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemisia (Post 1421999)
The Duchess looks lovely.
I like the hat and the dress, although it looked better with the white jacket.

She seems to have read your post today ;)

The Duchess of Cornwall attended the Victoria Cross and George Cross Association Reunion Service at St.
Martin-in-the-Fields, London today, May 30 and mixed it again :smile:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Comparison **

Baroness of Books 05-30-2012 11:44 AM

That's a lovely chiffon print dress; it looks really good on Camilla and I think the hat is very flattering on her. And it does look very nice with the white jacket as well; either with or without the jacket it's a smart look.

Artemisia 05-30-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1422126)
She seems to have read your post today ;)

The Duchess of Cornwall attended the Victoria Cross and George Cross Association Reunion Service at St. Martin-in-the-Fields, London today, May 30 and mixed it again :smile:
** Full view ** Upper part ** Comparison **

And they say our posts don't influence anything! :cool: :biggrin:
Thanks for the pictures, iceflower; I really do like this dress with a white jacket. The Duchess looks lovely.

iceflower 05-30-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemisia (Post 1422218)
And they say our posts don't influence anything! :cool: :biggrin:

Oh, who said so? Of course they do! :biggrin:

A second nice outfit from today, May 30, the Duchess of Cornwall attended the Chelsea Fringe Festival, looking lovely in creme white:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Daria_S 05-30-2012 05:21 PM

I love the white dress with or without the jacket. The Duchess looks absolutely lovely. The hat is very nice and compliments the entire look. The second outfit for today is lovely as well. It suits Camila.

scooter 05-30-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al_bina (Post 1421685)
The white dress was an awful choice for Duchess of Cornwall. The style and milky white colour of the dress emphasised all unflattering points of her figure. The hat, on the other hand, is lovely.

^^ Exactly! I was begining to think I was in a parallel universe. Better corsetry would be an improvement.

Tyger 05-30-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1422126)

Love the black piping on the jacket - the perfect accent to accent the hat's accent. :flowers: Like the dress, too. Very nice with the jacket and hat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemisia (Post 1417988)

Just know those lilacs smell heavenly! :flowers: