The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style Part 3: January 2012 - April 2013 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/queen-silvias-fashion-and-style-part-3-january-2012-april-2013-a-32448.html)

IloveCP 03-11-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1525944)
March 11, 2013 - State visit from Turkey.

Queen Silvia in a black outfit which looks very elegant. The looks for me is ruined by the boots. Personally I don't think boots should be worn on such an occasion, its dresses a look down for me.

Full look

That's a very elegant outfit but those boots look horrible with it.

Frelinghighness 03-11-2013 08:24 PM

Well, we don't know how long she was outside. Maybe she was outside for a long time, if so, the boots are a good choice, they are wonderful anyway and go with her coat.
She does look kind of shy about having her picture taken with the dress and the boots inside, I'm sure she knew!

Grandma828 03-11-2013 09:10 PM

The dress probably wasn't her first choice and had to be changed due to mourning.

Grandduchess24 03-11-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1525944)
March 11, 2013 - State visit from Turkey.

Queen Silvia in a black outfit which looks very elegant. The looks for me is ruined by the boots. Personally I don't think boots should be worn on such an occasion, its dresses a look down for me.

Full look

The boots ruined the look I think some heels would've looked better

Boris 04-13-2013 03:31 PM

Very elegant appearance by Queen Silvia tonight at a dinner for her anti-drug charity ‘Mentor Foundation’ in Kuwait:
A chiffon dress in vivid blue, embroidered in darker blue sequins, with a cape-like top which ends in a short train in the back, worn with one of her modern emerald sets and a ‘fun’ crystal butterfly purse.

Full view:
https://s10.postimg.org/ixn92i9jt/sil_Kuw_Din_Apr.jpg

Close up of the purse (from the occasion where it was first seen two years ago):
https://s2.postimg.org/buen6s4vd/Screenshot_2.jpg

Baroness of Books 04-13-2013 04:44 PM

What a beautiful royal blue and I really like the bodice and sash; it looks like a huge flower at the waist. Silvia looks just stunning and I like her sleeker hairstyle. And what a lovely clutch; love the Art Deco butterfly design.

HereditaryPrincess 04-13-2013 05:15 PM

Queen Silvia looks very elegant, I love her dress and hair style. Her jewels are nice too and so is her bag. A very glittery outfit I think! Lovely. :smile:

IloveCP 04-13-2013 08:03 PM

HM looks absolutely stunning! What a beautiful color that is.

CrownPrincess5 04-14-2013 12:59 AM

She looks beautiful..haven't seen her like that in awhile.

MagMil 04-14-2013 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boris (Post 1539405)
Very elegant appearance by Queen Silvia tonight at a dinner for her anti-drug charity ‘Mentor Foundation’ in Kuwait:
A chiffon dress in vivid blue, embroidered in darker blue sequins, with a cape-like top which ends in a short train in the back, worn with one of her modern emerald sets and a ‘fun’ crystal butterfly purse.

Full view:
https://s10.postimg.org/ixn92i9jt/sil_Kuw_Din_Apr.jpg

Close up of the purse (from the occasion where it was first seen two years ago):
https://s2.postimg.org/buen6s4vd/Screenshot_2.jpg

:previous:
Like always very very elegant and beautiful. Queen Silvia is the most elegant and fashionable queen ever...:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Bine221 04-14-2013 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagMil (Post 1539553)
:previous:
Like always very very elegant and beautiful. Queen Silvia is the most elegant and fashionable queen ever...:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Agree. And she is dressing according to her age - nevertheless always elegant to the point and with the "special something". I think, no other Queen is able to do that as regal and dignified as Queen Silvia.
Bye Bine

Jackswife 04-14-2013 05:00 PM

A fabulous look for her-the color of the gown is so flattering to her hair color and style-also it's flowy silhouette is divine! Every inch a queen without being too stuffy and old fashioned.:flowers:

iceflower 04-15-2013 02:55 AM

.

Time to close this thread - thanks for all your contributions!
The new thread can be found here!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises