The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/)
-   -   The Duchess of Cambridge Charities and Patronages (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/the-duchess-of-cambridge-charities-and-patronages-32382.html)

soapstar 02-05-2013 08:18 PM

^I haven't followed all of the royal pregnancies, but did any of them suffer from HG?

Every pregnancy is different, so I don't think we can really compare work schedules. At the end of the day, the amount of work they tackle really comes down to how they feel during the pregnancy.

Kate has just recovered from an illness. Shouldn't we wait a few months before we start talking about how lazy she is during this pregnancy?

casualfan 02-05-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eve2Eden (Post 1513851)

The women you mention also maintained an active work schedule throughout their pregnancies, in some cases right up until they gave birth (like most "normal" pregnant women do). It seems unlikely Kate will do the same. (Though I am willing to be pleasantly surprised.)

Those women didn't have HG and didn't spend a significant time in the hospital. Can we just agree that EVERY woman has the right to make decisions about how active she should be during her pregnancy along with her doctor and husband?

Zonk 02-06-2013 09:45 AM

Please note that all posts regarding the Cambridge vacation have been moved to https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-33680-57.html.

Dman 02-06-2013 04:30 PM

Why we should welcome the 'feminisation of the monarchy':
Why we should welcome the 'feminisation of the monarchy' - Telegraph

Lumutqueen 02-06-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1514160)
Why we should welcome the 'feminisation of the monarchy':
Why we should welcome the 'feminisation of the monarchy' - Telegraph

I'm sorry but not everything is related to feminism, jeez.

blauerengel 02-06-2013 05:09 PM

Well,in one point they are correct-charities have always been largely dominated and supported by women.Royal women were no exception and often did wonderful things for their citizens like opening schools,hospitals or lending money when disaster struck a family.Of course reigning monarchs also do it for PR and to be popular in order to stay in power but most of the people involved truly felt for poor people and tried to relieve their suffering.
I am happy that the Duchess is following the tradition of women before her and works for charity.

Princess B 02-07-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soapstar (Post 1513700)
Action on Addiction is a really good charity. I'm glad to see Kate back to public duties.

Well she's obviously doing public engagements, since she has one in a few weeks (and its been announced that she's in contact and making arrangements for future engagements).

It'll be obvious when we see it! Until now it's what we r told!

miche 02-07-2013 12:49 PM

Even when there is an announce date of when she will be seen working (in less than 2 weeks), you interpreted it has if the palace is lying?

And her going to the NPG (one of her patronage) in January was not enough obviously for some, who got a lot of money and visitors from that visit.

Other than the bodyguards, Will and Kate don't get paid by the British taxpayers.

Princess B 02-07-2013 01:33 PM

No, I don't say they are lying. She will do that public duty in 2 weeks.

What I don't quite believe is she was working during january

miche 02-07-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess B (Post 1514435)
No, I don't say they are lying. She will do that public duty in 2 weeks.

What I don't quite believe is she was working during january

So those patronage were lying about her meeting, keeping in contact with them? Her sending arts to those kids and her calling the hospitals asking about those kids that she met?

Dman 02-07-2013 01:43 PM

I think it's good to watch the Documentary 'Monarchy: The Royal Family at Work' you will see how much work the royal family do behind the scenes as well as in public. They are very busy people and you'll see just because you don't see them on public duties, doesn't mean they are just sitting at home painting their toe nails while watching Downton Abbey.

blauerengel 02-07-2013 02:09 PM

Thank you,Dman,thatīs right!Most of the work is unseen by the public.
But let me tell you-no matter in what job you work someone will come and tell you it is not so difficult.My mother works as a nurse and she has long working hours,physical labour and constantly needs to learn about new medications but still some people believe the only thing she does is to bring breakfast and ask if the patient has slept well;-)

Princess of Durham 02-07-2013 02:40 PM

The truth of the matter is .... for some people Katherine will NEVER do enough. And they will be judgemental, resentful and jealous no matter what. :bang:

julliette 02-07-2013 02:54 PM

^^ Oh, another "resentful", "jealous", blah blah blah post :bangin:

I know lots of the work is done in the backstage. I watched the documentary "The Royal Family at Work" and enjoyed it very much. I have no doubts kate does lot of work we don't see and never said the palace was lying (though is obvious the palace may do that sometimes) about her work, nor her charities were lying. What I doubt is that the work is THAT MUCH. Keeping in contact with kids, calling once in a while to have news about them is such a hard work:whistling: If she works so much being a part-time royal with a few charities imagine how tiring it will be for her when a full-time royal:ohmy:

Lumutqueen 02-07-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1514438)
I think it's good to watch the Documentary 'Monarchy: The Royal Family at Work' you will see how much work the royal family do behind the scenes as well as in public. They are very busy people and you'll see just because you don't see them on public duties, doesn't mean they are just sitting at home painting their toe nails while watching Downton Abbey.

Now that is one fantastic book/series! Pictures are incredible. I agree with you on that. :)

soapstar 02-07-2013 03:04 PM

I don't see anyone saying that the she is completely overwhelmed with work. What I see people saying is that even though she's not doing engagements 24/7, she is still working behind the scenes (meeting with charities, doing research, etc). As is being pointed out, there is more to royal duties than just showing up and shaking hands.

Dman 02-07-2013 03:07 PM

The Duchess of Cambridge has been working hard and I'm sure she will do a fine job as a fulltime member of the royal family. She will be adding more charities of her choice to her royal patronage. Members of the royal family care a great deal about their charities and the people (men, women and children) who benefit from these charities.

I think it's fair to keep in mind that Catherine has Hyperemesis gravidarum. She's obviously not suing her sickness to get out of her royal duties but just trying to deal with that and her work at the sametime. The palace has said that she's getting better and working. Most likely she will follow her doctors advice and if things get a bit tricky again ( I hope not) then she will do what she have to do.

I just think we need to calm down and look forward to her future official engagements.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1514482)
Now that is one fantastic book/series! Pictures are incredible. I agree with you on that. :)

I have the book and DVD of the series. I hope the royal family do another series like that in the future. It was very good and insightful. There's so much that goes into running a "Firm" like that.

julliette 02-07-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soapstar (Post 1514484)
I don't see anyone saying that the she is completely overwhelmed with work. What I see people saying is that even though she's not doing engagements 24/7, she is still working behind the scenes (meeting with charities, doing research, etc). As is being pointed out, there is more to royal duties than just showing up and shaking hands.

Nor do I see anyone saying she does nothing all day long. I was just trying to say that her current workload is obviously not even 1/4 of what we see in the documentary. Obviously she does work behind the scenes but just don't tell me she's very busy, working very hard....

Princess of Durham 02-07-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julliette (Post 1514478)
^^ Oh, another "resentful", "jealous", blah blah blah post :bangin:

I know lots of the work is done in the backstage. I watched the documentary "The Royal Family at Work" and enjoyed it very much. I have no doubts kate does lot of work we don't see and never said the palace was lying (though is obvious the palace may do that sometimes) about her work, nor her charities were lying. What I doubt is that the work is THAT MUCH. Keeping in contact with kids, calling once in a while to have news about them is such a hard work:whistling: If she works so much being a part-time royal with a few charities imagine how tiring it will be for her when a full-time royal:ohmy:

Extreme response much?

soapstar 02-07-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julliette (Post 1514509)
Nor do I see anyone saying she does nothing all day long. I was just trying to say that her current workload is obviously not even 1/4 of what we see in the documentary. Obviously she does work behind the scenes but just don't tell me she's very busy, working very hard....

I've seen many people on this forum saying Kate does nothing all day.

I dont think anyone believes that Kate's current workload is similar to what we see in the documentary. I mean, shes only a part-time royal (a new one at that), so she obviously has a lighter schedule. As for how busy she is or isn't, I can't say. Only she and her staff know that.